Onlychevy6 - Goes Beast Mode (Sponsored)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK so I was lucky enough to be able to give my opinion on the Beast Mode pre-workout supplement. I don't normally use them but have tried a few in the past. So I plan on giving this my honest opinion. I also have to say Thank You to Justin as well as Fl3x for allowing this to happen.

Quick funny story. I was selected to run this almost a month ago. And I just received this product today. Well it was not because of the company. Some ding dong "Me" gave an address that was off by 1 number and the product got shipped back. I still have no idea how I did that but it happened. Justin was awesome in sending right back to my correct address.

Once again thank you all for letting me run this. Starting tomorrow it will go into my load of supplements lol.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this. By the looks of your progress updates you've already been going beast mode!!
Glad you and your package could be reunited lol.
Have some fun with this Jeff!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
going to follow to see what you think....mine should come tomorrow-hopefully....stoked to try beast mode!!!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jeffro, you only going to use Beast Mode on training days, or you think you will use it on off days too for stims/creatine?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/9/12

Well today was fun. I am trying out a pre workout supp to see how I like it. It is Beast Mode fruit punch flavor. My first thought was taste is maybe a 6.5 out of a 10. You get the fruit punch taste but the after taste is kinda powdery. I mixed it with 10 oz of water. I will say this that for this being the first night trying it I was impressed on how I was able to stay focused and was able to zone out and train hard. I was sweating like a pig midway through the workout. I bumped up the weight a tad over the first week of this workout so it was nice to see i was able to complete everything that I tried.

Incline Barbell Press

10 reps 160 lbs
12 reps 210 lbs
10 reps 210 lbs
8 reps 210 lbs
6 reps 210 lbs

Dumbbell Bench Press

10 reps 60 lbs
12 reps 75 lbs
10 reps 75 lbs
8 reps 75 lbs
6 reps 75 lbs

Wide Grip Dips (Weight Assisted)

10 reps 120 lbs
12 reps 120 lbs
10 reps 120 lbs
8 reps 120 lbs
6 reps 120 lbs

Narrow Grip Bench Press

10 reps 140 lbs
12 reps 140 lbs
10 reps 140 lbs
8 reps 140 lbs
6 reps 140 lbs

30 minutes of cardio total

Chevy6s Chick

Chevy6s Chick

Awards
Here I am

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/10/12

Lets just say today was one of my best workouts in a while. Was sweating like a french whore. Had some person best as well. Mixed my Beast Mode with some BCAA and it tasted much better.

Seated Cable Rows

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 160 lbs
10 reps 160 lbs
8 reps 160 lbs
6 reps 160 lbs

Wide Grip Pulldowns

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 120 lbs
10 reps 120 lbs
8 reps 120 lbs
6 reps 120 lbs

Dumbbell Bent Over Rows

10 reps 75 lbs
7 reps 125 lbs (Personal Best to date)
7 reps 125 lbs
7 reps 125 lbs
3 reps 125 lbs (I was absolutely spent and couldn't even hold the weight any longer)

Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curls

10 reps 30 lbs
12 reps 55 lbs (Personal Best to date)
10 reps 55 lbs
8 reps 55 lbs
6 reps 55 lbs

Standing EZ Bar Preacher Curls

10 reps 65 lbs
12 reps 70 lbs (Personal Best to date)
10 reps 70 lbs
8 reps 70 lbs
6 reps 70 lbs

Can I just say after this was all over my biceps were flipping pumping and was hard to actually straighten my arms.

25 minutes of total cardio

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That looks like a pretty nice workout there, I think I would be sweating too! Lol.
How many minutes does it take you to start feeling that Beast Mode kick in? I usually start feeling it within 10.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would say about 10 - 15 minutes as well. Which is nice after a little warm up you are prepared to lift. So far I must say it seems to be working and a nice complement to the other supps I am taking.

Chevy6s Chick

Chevy6s Chick

Awards
1/10/12

Lets just say today was one of my best workouts in a while. Was sweating like a french whore. Had some person best as well. Mixed my Beast Mode with some BCAA and it tasted much better.

Seated Cable Rows

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 160 lbs
10 reps 160 lbs
8 reps 160 lbs
6 reps 160 lbs

Wide Grip Pulldowns

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 120 lbs
10 reps 120 lbs
8 reps 120 lbs
6 reps 120 lbs

Dumbbell Bent Over Rows

10 reps 75 lbs
7 reps 125 lbs (Personal Best to date)
7 reps 125 lbs
7 reps 125 lbs
3 reps 125 lbs (I was absolutely spent and couldn't even hold the weight any longer)

10 reps 30 lbs
12 reps 55 lbs (Personal Best to date)
10 reps 55 lbs
8 reps 55 lbs
6 reps 55 lbs

10 reps 65 lbs
12 reps 70 lbs (Personal Best to date)
10 reps 70 lbs
8 reps 70 lbs
6 reps 70 lbs

Can I just say after this was all over my biceps were flipping pumping and was hard to actually straighten my arms.

25 minutes of total cardio
Really, like a French Whore!?!?! Great job tonight "french whore"!! :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would say about 10 - 15 minutes as well. Which is nice after a little warm up you are prepared to lift. So far I must say it seems to be working and a nice complement to the other supps I am taking.
Sounds good man. Keep on killing it!

I am subbed to so many of your logs that I dont even know when/what/where I posted a reply but I remember congratulating you on the PRs... regardless CONGRATZ again!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/12/12

So far this week my workouts have been real nice. Plenty of energy and stamina. Strength seems to be rising as well. Although I am not totally taking advantage of this because I am not trying to put on mass but it is nice to have when needed.

Machine Overhead Press

10 reps 65 lbs
12 reps 105 lbs
10 reps 105 lbs
8 reps 105 lbs
6 reps 105 lbs

Seated Lateral Raises

10 reps 30 lbs
12 reps 65 lbs
10 reps 65 lbs
8 reps 65 lbs
6 reps 65 lbs

Rear Delt Machine

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 100 lbs
10 reps 100 lbs
8 reps 100 lbs
6 reps 100 lbs

Seated Calf Raises

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 120 lbs
10 reps 120 lbs
8 reps 120 lbs
6 reps 120 lbs

Standing Calf Raises

10 reps No Weight
12 reps
10 reps
8 reps
6 reps

Had 10 minutes of warm up cardio on treadmill followed up with 30 minutes on the elliptical

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea Jeff make sure you don't push too hard or you may break the gym!

Good work!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout bud! Project Beast Mode!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout bud! Project Beast Mode!
I don't know how to explain this but here is what I am experiencing. Normally when I do cardio my heart rate is all over the place when I go at different speeds and or levels. Well everysince I started taking Beast Mode my heart rate has not gone above 135 no matter what level or speed. So I am liking this very much. It is helping me keep my heart rate in between fat burn and cardio. Big thumbs up for this.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, good to hear! It could be a benefit from the niacin :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know how to explain this but here is what I am experiencing. Normally when I do cardio my heart rate is all over the place when I go at different speeds and or levels. Well everysince I started taking Beast Mode my heart rate has not gone above 135 no matter what level or speed. So I am liking this very much. It is helping me keep my heart rate in between fat burn and cardio. Big thumbs up for this.
Wow, that's some good stuff there. No more heart attacks as you turn into the hulk anymore XD!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome log, glad we finally got that package to you :D

Your heart rate staying at a lower level shows some good increase in endurance
Yeah I am really happy with the Beast Mode so far. Helps you focus, and clean energy.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1-16-12

Well today's workout was another good one. I added an extra dose of the epivar today so now I am taking 1 pill in the morning and 2 when I break my fast. This is also the last week on clen and t3 then it will be a 3 week rest from it. Today started off with the continuation of building a fence. Did this for a few hours then went to the gym for my workout. I can say that so far the Beast Mode has really helped with the mental focus and energy for my workouts. This just might be a staple in my supps. Only time will tell Once I start taking creatine I will have to see how much extra I can take since Beast Mode has some in it.

Incline Dumbbell Press

10 reps 45 lbs
12 reps 60 lbs
10 reps 60 lbs
8 reps 60 lbs
6 reps 60 lbs

Dumbbell Bench Press

10 reps 60 lbs
12 reps 75 lbs
10 reps 75 lbs
8 reps 75 lbs
6 reps 75 lbs

Wide Grip Dips (Weight Assisted)

10 reps 110 lbs assisted
12 reps 110 lbs
10 reps 110 lbs
8 reps 110 lbs
6 reps 110 lbs

Narrow Grip Bench Press

10 reps 140 lbs
12 reps 140 lbs
10 reps 140 lbs
8 reps 140 lbs
6 reps 140 lbs

Straight Bar Pushdowns

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 120 lbs
10 reps 120 lbs
8 reps 120 lbs
6 reps 120 lbs

Man hitting dumbbell incline then dumbbell bench was a bitch. I bumped up my warm up set on the bench and was going to bump up the workout sets but it was not going to happen. I only got 5 reps of 80 lbs on the bench and dropped down to 75 lbs. So I didn't count the first five as it was not a complete set. Didn't feel I needed cardio because of building the fence earlier. Man oh man am I beat.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Atta boy.
I can't be certain how much creatine is in Beast Mode but I am guessing it is right around 2 grams. I would say a full 5 grams of your creatine on off days, and 2.5 grams on Beast Mode days should be fine. Unless you double up on scoops during workout days.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Atta boy.
I can't be certain how much creatine is in Beast Mode but I am guessing it is right around 2 grams. I would say a full 5 grams of your creatine on off days, and 2.5 grams on Beast Mode days should be fine. Unless you double up on scoops during workout days.
Great! So when mine comes in I can drop the extra creatine! Alright, more savings! Lol.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/17/12

Tonight was interesting. The ole lady didn't workout as she has a stomach bug. So I hit the gym today and was completely focused on the task at hand. There was a couple of distractions but nothing major.

15 minute warm up on treadmill

Seated Cable Rows

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 120 lbs
10 reps 120 lbs
8 reps 120 lbs
6 reps 120 lbs

Wide Grip Pulldowns

10 reps 80 lbs
12 reps 120 lbs
10 reps 120 lbs
8 reps 120 lbs
6 reps 120 lbs

Dumbbell Bent Over Rows

10 reps 90 lbs
12 reps 130 lbs (New Person Best)
10 reps 130 lbs
8 reps 130 lbs
4 reps 130 lbs

10 reps 30 lbs
12 reps 45 lbs
10 reps 45 lbs
8 reps 45 lbs
6 reps 45 lbs

10 reps 65 lbs
12 reps 65 lbs
10 reps 65 lbs
8 reps 65 lbs
6 reps 65 lbs

When I was finished I thought my arms were going to fall off. Of course my arms were also so pumped it was crazy. Felt like I had one of those machine that contract your muscles for you on cause it was pumping so often. LOL. Love that feeling.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok here it is. Today was the last day for the Clen and T3 run. Will be taking the next 3 weeks off from it. And I have also stepped up to the plate and signed up for the Warrior Dash on March 17th in Splendora. My run time starts at 12:00 pm. This should be fun.

With my new training about to take place as of Monday I am counting on beast mode to help me with the boost I will need.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Changing up my training days to Mon, Wed, Friday, and my cardio days Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat.

Example of my new training will be as follows

Monday

squats
db lunges
crunches
leg curls
lat pulldown
db row
db bench
db tricep
db bicep
riding exercise

2 mile run

Wednesday

push ups
db squats
russian hops
db incline
reverse grip lat pulldown
db upright rows
Bench Dips
Hip raise (reverse crunch)
Straight bar curls
Ball to toe crunch

4x400 run

Thursday

2 mile run

Friday

Leg Press
Calf Raise
Romain Dead lifts
Hand to toe crunch
Close grip bench
db shoulder press
db row
superman exercise
Knee to chest exercise
plate crunch

Saturday

3 mile run

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/23/12

Today is day one of my new training regimen. I felt like I was in a sauna after the first 15 minute of working out. Albeit the weight was much lighter than normal. I was only lifting approx of my 1 rep max. In some exercises it felt too light. But like anything there is trail and errors to be made. Now as far strength and everything. My focus was good strength was solid especially since I am no longer taking Clen and T3. I ended my 3 week run on Sunday of that. So now all I am taking is M1P, epivar along with AI Recover Pro and Beast Mode from Beast sports. I have maybe enough of M1P for two more weeks because of the way I have dosed it. I think I am about to run some Rs - Transaderm. What is your thoughts on that?

Here is how it went. Did the full workout with 20-30 seconds of rest just enough to get ready for the next set. Once everything was done i rested for approx 2-3 minutes then did everything again.

Barbell Squats

20 reps 140 lbs
20 reps 140 lbs

DB Lunges

10 reps each leg 45 lbs
10 reps each leg 45 lbs

Crunches

40 reps
40 reps

Leg Curl

15 reps 50 lbs
15 reps 50 lbs

Lat Pulldown

15 reps 80 lbs
15 reps 80 lbs

DB Rows

15 reps 50 lbs
15 reps 50 lbs

DB Bench Press

15 reps 50 lbs
15 reps 50 lbs

DB Tricep

15 reps 35 lbs
15 reps 35 lbs

DB Bicep Curls

15 reps 35 lbs
15 reps 35 lbs

Bicycle Crunches

30 reps
30 reps

Finished it all up with a 2 mile run. Was very unhappy with how long it took. I jogged a 12 minute mile. Man I have a lot of work to do.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man good luck on the warrior dash! Should be fun.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/25/12

Well well well. Today was ruff. I did not get all my nutrition in prior to my workout because work was hectic. I only got in 1 of my 2 meals. My workout did not suffer surprisingly. I made up the lost calories in my after workout meal. I was sweating like a pig after the first few sets. I started the workout with a 15 minute warm up and ended the workout with another 15 minutes of HIIT cardio and finished that up with 15 minutes of cool down walking on the treadmill. Thank god I had this pre-workout supp. I mix it with my BCAA's 30 minutes prior to my workout and man by the time I get to the gym I am ready to go. Even if I haven't eating both meals prior to working out.

During the workout I was flipping thirsty as all get out. Time to add in some transaderm. I was going to add it in on Monday but I think I will add it in tomorrow.

Now keep in mind I ran thru the entire workout with only 20-30 seconds rest between each rep then rested for two minutes and did it all again.

Pushups

15 reps
15 reps

DB Squats with shoulder press

15 reps 45 lbs
15 reps 45 lbs

Russian Hop (This is a pain in the butt and killer on the knees)

12 reps
12 reps

DB Incline

15 reps 45 lbs
15 reps 45 lbs

Under Grip Pulldowns

15 reps 100 lbs
15 reps 100 lbs

DB Upright Rows

15 reps 40 lbs
15 reps 40 lbs

Bench Dips

15 reps
15 reps

Hip Raises

20 reps
20 reps

EZ Bar Curls

15 reps 50 lbs
15 reps 50 lbs

Ball to Toe Crunch

20 reps with 12 lbs ball
20 reps with 12 lbs ball

Like I said earlier I was completely spent and felt like puking but I didn't. lol. Now keep in mind I am only lifting 50-60% of my 1 reps max. And since I really don't know what that is on each exercise yet it is a guessing game.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I hate hitting the gym when I haven't hit my macros, and it's always thanks to work when I do too.
Glad you were able to stick it out!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I hate hitting the gym when I haven't hit my macros, and it's always thanks to work when I do too.
Glad you were able to stick it out!

I don't know what is worse for me not getting the macros in before workout or working out fasted. Both suck for me. I always am weaker than dog crap when working out fasted. But I am still able to power my way through the training session.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know what is worse for me not getting the macros in before workout or working out fasted. Both suck for me. I always am weaker than dog crap when working out fasted. But I am still able to power my way through the training session.
That's cause you are beast Jeff. I've said it before, you are the motivation man.

Chevy6s Chick

Chevy6s Chick

Awards
Wow, that's some good stuff there. No more heart attacks as you turn into the hulk anymore XD!
Yes, no more heart attacks, he will just turn green instead!! :)

Chevy6s Chick

Chevy6s Chick

Awards
That's cause you are beast Jeff. I've said it before, you are the motivation man.
Mattrag, don't give him a big head! He needs to be able to fit through the door jam!!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really, like a French Whore!?!?! Great job tonight "french whore"!! :)
This is racist!!! Why do people insist that French whores sweat more than "other" whores?!?!?!?

I remember an article in my college newspaper on the school's demographics. It had Asian-American, Hispanic-American, . . . so on and so on. But the white-Europeans were labelled "other"-Americans. Pissed me off, dissing whitey like that.

Sorry for that, but def interested in Beast Mode!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is racist!!! Why do people insist that French whores sweat more than "other" whores?!?!?!?

I remember an article in my college newspaper on the school's demographics. It had Asian-American, Hispanic-American, . . . so on and so on. But the white-Europeans were labelled "other"-Americans. Pissed me off, dissing whitey like that.

Sorry for that, but def interested in Beast Mode!
Lol. We whities have become the minorities.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn what a good day already. One of my co-workers just walked by and said hey whats up slim. And was asking how much I have lost and that I am looking healthier then he has ever seen me. :)

Chevy6s Chick

Chevy6s Chick

Awards
Damn what a good day already. One of my co-workers just walked by and said hey whats up slim. And was asking how much I have lost and that I am looking healthier then he has ever seen me. :)
All your hard work in the gym is paying off! Keep it up!! :)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/27/12

Another solid workout even though I am still figuring out the 50-60% of my 1 rep max.

Leg Press

15 reps 450 lbs
15 reps 450 lbs

Calf Raises

20 reps 130 lbs
20 reps 130 lbs

RDL's

15 reps 185 lbs
15 reps 185 lbs

Decline Crunch

40 reps
40 reps

Close Grip Bench

15 reps 165 lbs
15 reps 165 lbs

DB Shoulder Press

15 reps 35 lbs
15 reps 35 lbs

DB Rows

15 reps 35 lbs
15 reps 35 lbs

Superman's

15 reps
15 reps

Bicyle Crunches

20 reps
20 reps

Plate Crunch

30 reps 45 lbs
30 reps 45 lbs

Followed it up with 20 minutes of fast paced dodge ball.... YES I said Dodge ball. lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LMAO! NICE! If you like dodge ball do it up man!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
glad to see you are enjoying beast mode.....i think the slow boat to china they shipped mine on is making a round trip!!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
glad to see you are enjoying beast mode.....i think the slow boat to china they shipped mine on is making a round trip!!!
LOL it took some time to get mine as well but once it shipped Some how some way I gave them one digit off my address and it was shipped back to them and once it was figured out what had happened I had it in my hands a couple days later.

Of the many pre workout supps I have taken over my many years of training. I would have to say to date N2tks and Beast Mode have been my favorites. Once this is finished there are two more I would not mind trying just to compare.

I don't typically use pre workout supps but I just might have to continue.

I have tried jack3d and it did nothing for me.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am still not pleased with my pics. But non the less I said I would take some so here they are.

1-28-12 Front Double Bi.jpg
1-28-12 Front relaxed.jpg
1-28-12 Rear Double Bi.jpg