TESTOPRO LOG (BULKING UP WHILE KEEPING MY ABS!) - AnabolicMinds.com

TESTOPRO LOG (BULKING UP WHILE KEEPING MY ABS!)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

TESTOPRO LOG (BULKING UP WHILE KEEPING MY ABS!)

So I just got my first of the three bottles of Testopro to log. Timing couldnt have been better seeing as 2 days ago I ended a very non-suppressive androlean v2 run. So as of now:

starting weight: 189 pounds
    bf%: estimate 10-11% (very visible top two abs and bottom two are less defined, clear striations in shoulder area, etc)

my goal is to retain the same body fat levels while gaining as much muscle and strength as possible

as of now I am on AI DAA, AI Stoked, and now adding AI Testopro. So for the first month its basically a review of all these AI products , and then 2 months just testopro

Just recently started doing the Layne Norton PHAT workout so I am easing into it, so I will log my first workout the chest and arms hypertrophy day :

Barbell Speed sets
    6 sets of 155x5 as explosive as possible

incline barbell bench
    155x12
    155x12
    175x8

wide chest hammer strength machine
    180x15
    230x12
    230x12

incline cable flyes
    20 eachx18,16

Barbell curls
    65x12
    85x10
    95x8

incline db curls
    20sx14
    25sx12

preacher curl machine
    60x17
    70x15

tricep dip machine
    210x12
    240x12
    270x8

v bar pushdowns
    100x15
    120x15
    150x12

kickbacks
    30x13
    25x15

Overall feeling totally fine. I felt almost no sides from androlean and If anything I am already starting to feel more aggression in the gym from the Stoked and DAA from the past few days. I can see my strength going very high with this supplement plan as I start to slowly up my calories into bulk mode

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Should be a nice PCT with TestoPro, DAA, & Stoked. Be prepared for some nice gains. I got a little headstart in my 3-month log since I already had the product in hand.

I am on day 25 and some good strength and size gains. I will weigh in this Sun, but clothes are fitting tighter for sure.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Looks great man, nice stack, and some solid numbers too. Definitely subbed....I was also chosen in this promo and am eager to get my logging started!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Three months on testopro, nice.

looking forward to see you make some lean muscle gains. Daa is working great for myself, been on it four months.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    Should be a nice PCT with TestoPro, DAA, & Stoked. Be prepared for some nice gains. I got a little headstart in my 3-month log since I already had the product in hand. I am on day 25 and some good strength and size gains. I will weigh in this Sun, but clothes are fitting tighter for sure.
    sounds great, man. I cant wait to start growing. Cutting weight is so exhausting haha. Tighter fitting clothes is what it's all about

Quote Originally Posted by daft205 View Post
    Looks great man, nice stack, and some solid numbers too. Definitely subbed....I was also chosen in this promo and am eager to get my logging started!
    Thanks dude I appreciate it. Good luck on you're run too. I'll keep an eye out for it

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Three months on testopro, nice.

looking forward to see you make some lean muscle gains. Daa is working great for myself, been on it four months.
    Yea DAA is great except it taste like crap! I will never mix that stuff with water again haha. i've been mixing it into my preworkout and into milk before bed and that totally clears up that problem tho so no worries
  6. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BKx90
    So I just got my first of the three bottles of Testopro to log. Timing couldnt have been better seeing as 2 days ago I ended a very non-suppressive androlean v2 run. So as of now:

starting weight: 189 pounds
    bf%: estimate 10-11% (very visible top two abs and bottom two are less defined, clear striations in shoulder area, etc)

my goal is to retain the same body fat levels while gaining as much muscle and strength as possible

as of now I am on AI DAA, AI Stoked, and now adding AI Testopro. So for the first month its basically a review of all these AI products , and then 2 months just testopro

Just recently started doing the Layne Norton PHAT workout so I am easing into it, so I will log my first workout the chest and arms hypertrophy day :

Barbell Speed sets
    6 sets of 155x5 as explosive as possible

incline barbell bench
    155x12
    155x12
    175x8

180x15
    230x12
    230x12

incline cable flyes
    20 eachx18,16

Barbell curls
    65x12
    85x10
    95x8

incline db curls
    20sx14
    25sx12

preacher curl machine
    60x17
    70x15

tricep dip machine
    210x12
    240x12
    270x8

v bar pushdowns
    100x15
    120x15
    150x12

kickbacks
    30x13
    25x15

Overall feeling totally fine. I felt almost no sides from androlean and If anything I am already starting to feel more aggression in the gym from the Stoked and DAA from the past few days. I can see my strength going very high with this supplement plan as I start to slowly up my calories into bulk mode
    Off topic but was the andro lean a bad run for ya?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

IN. keep those abs bro
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed let's see some lean mass built!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  9. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag
    U following me man?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

U following me man?

I've been found!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Off topic but was the andro lean a bad run for ya?
    hell no! I went from 203 to 188 in a matter of weeks while getting stronger. I have no complaints at all. Androlean V3 is supposedly 4x stronger says the company owner so I'm def planing on running that in the distant future.

I'll have a real body fat test done right after christmas that i'll post up
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

leg hypertrophy day. Feelin good - slept with my hgh pro sample and I must say that **** works great. i slept like 10 hours straight lol

Speed squats
    6 sets 185x5 explosive

hack squats
    130x12
    180x12
    230x8

leg press
    270x15
    360x15
    450x12

leg extensions
    90x17
    90x15
    90x15

stiff legged dls
    135x10
    185x8
    185x8

lying leg curls
    130x15
    150x12

seated leg curls
    110x15
    110x15

leg press calf raises
    180x15
    270x12
    360x12
    405x10

seated calf raises
    135x15, 15, 15

Tomorrow is a scheduled off day, and I'm not gonna be able to work out christmas day so time for some much needed rest
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    IN. keep those abs bro
    oh **** Big D in the house

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    right on glad to have you on board!

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    Subbed!
    thanks!
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My legs are dead just after reading that workout! Keep it up.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

16. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Feeling great! Bulking is a million times more fun than cutting. Today was upper body power day...I'm gonna be hurtin tomorrow

Bench press
    235x4
    235x3
    225x5

dips
    bw+45x10
    bw+70x10

barbell rows
    205x5
    225x5
    225x3

weighted pullups
    bodyweight + 25 x8
    bodyweight+35 x7

inverted rows on smitch machine
    +25x8
    +35x6

barbell shoulder press
    155x8
    175x6
    175x6

barbell curls on easy bar
    85x8
    85x7
    85x7

pushdowns
    150x8
    150x8
    160x6

it feels great to have glycogen in the muscles again. I'm already hitting new PRs...the next 3 months are about to get REAL
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BKx90 View Post

Yea DAA is great except it taste like crap! I will never mix that stuff with water again haha. i've been mixing it into my preworkout and into milk before bed and that totally clears up that problem tho so no worries
    I mix mine with recoverpro , I just put water in my mouth, hold it there, put head back, and dump half a scoop of bcaa's and daa and voila, I actually take all my bcaa's like that because I could be wrong, I tend to think all the drinking the powders could possibly cause cavities and I am obsessed with my teeth health. Always swish water, esp salt water after meals to make sure all sugar is gone from gums

nice workouts btw thats good weight your moving. how is the muscle.mind connection? I go with the squeeze at least half of the time over how much weight I can move. Taken me ten years to learn this lol
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Feeling great! Bulking is a million times more fun than cutting. Today was upper body power day...I'm gonna be hurtin tomorrow

Bench press
    235x4
    235x3
    225x5

dips
    bw+45x10
    bw+70x10

barbell rows
    205x5
    225x5
    225x3

weighted pullups
    bodyweight + 25 x8
    bodyweight+35 x7

inverted rows on smitch machine
    +25x8
    +35x6

barbell shoulder press
    155x8
    175x6
    175x6

barbell curls on easy bar
    85x8
    85x7
    85x7

pushdowns
    150x8
    150x8
    160x6

it feels great to have glycogen in the muscles again. I'm already hitting new PRs...the next 3 months are about to get REAL
    I like how we are doing the same workout that way I can just copy and paste your workout and change the weight for my log
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

You are not even a week in to TestoPro so wait to see some REAL changes soon. After about 10 days I noticed some better strength and increased intensity. I'm ready to hit it hard today after resting/eating the past 2 days.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

I like how we are doing the same workout that way I can just copy and paste your workout and change the weight for my log
    I noticed that when I looked over your workout . . . LAZY? or INGENIUS?
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

nice workouts btw thats good weight your moving. how is the muscle.mind connection? I go with the squeeze at least half of the time over how much weight I can move. Taken me ten years to learn this lol
    On the hypertrophy days of this workout I go for much more slowed, controlled, and more feeling oriented reps. Not to say on the power days I am doing bad reps, but my main focus is to life the heaviest weights I can. Some things I could prob focus more on perfecting form on BB rows for instance
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

You are not even a week in to TestoPro so wait to see some REAL changes soon. After about 10 days I noticed some better strength and increased intensity. I'm ready to hit it hard today after resting/eating the past 2 days.
    That sounds very encouraging. I'm excited to actually "feel" it working
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

lazy bitch grubbin off my log -_-
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

On the hypertrophy days of this workout I go for much more slowed, controlled, and more feeling oriented reps. Not to say on the power days I am doing bad reps, but my main focus is to life the heaviest weights I can. Some things I could prob focus more on perfecting form on BB rows for instance
    Thats kinda what I do, alternate heavy & light/moderate workouts. And just like you I am gonna work on my form on BB rows today, get a great contraction!
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

That sounds very encouraging. I'm excited to actually "feel" it working
    It is weird . . . not so much a "feeling" for me, not the alpha male attitude but some solid confidence but also relaxed. I am definitely noticed strength and size effects after 10-12 days, now I am on 28 days and love just going for it in the gym.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

I mix mine with recoverpro , I just put water in my mouth, hold it there, put head back, and dump half a scoop of bcaa's and daa and voila, I actually take all my bcaa's like that because I could be wrong, I tend to think all the drinking the powders could possibly cause cavities and I am obsessed with my teeth health. Always swish water, esp salt water after meals to make sure all sugar is gone from gums

btw your stats are much like my long term goals for myself. Im 6'1" mayb 6'2" with shoes on and I wanna be a low bodyfat 220-230 pounds in the next 5-10 years
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

It is weird . . . not so much a "feeling" for me, not the alpha male attitude but some solid confidence but also relaxed. I am definitely noticed strength and size effects after 10-12 days, now I am on 28 days and love just going for it in the gym.

Yea man, there is no better feeling than just being in the zone and giving a workout you're 100% intensity. Without certain supplements like pre-workouts I'd prob still be 175 lbs falling asleep in the gym
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Power leg day - shortened up a bit. Layne norton is crazy for doing 90-120 minute workouts every day

squats
    275x5
    275x5
    295x4

leg presss
    360x12
    450x10
    540x10
    630x6

hamstrong single leg curls hammer strength machine
    90x10
    135x10
    160x7

stiff legged deads
    135x8
    175x8
    205x6

leg press calf raises
    270x15
    360x12
    405x8
    475x8

sit down calf raises
    135x10
    135x10
    180x8

feeling really good. It seems really easy to focus and get in the zone while lifting right now. My weight is a steady 189-190 pounds in the morning so my weight has been maintaining and strength is slowly but surely increasing, so things are going good
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

Wow, I feel like a pu$$y when I look at your leg workouts. I do 4-5 sets of squats then stiff-legged DLs but that is it. I am gaining strength too, but wt gain is about +2lbs over the past month. We'll see if it kicks up a bit more in month 2, would like to gain more wt but that's ok if I am recomping.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

30. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Wow, I feel like a pu$$y when I look at your leg workouts. I do 4-5 sets of squats then stiff-legged DLs but that is it. I am gaining strength too, but wt gain is about +2lbs over the past month. We'll see if it kicks up a bit more in month 2, would like to gain more wt but that's ok if I am recomping.

bro I think Squatting and Stiff deads are sufficient for mass. I don't really know how much trust I put into isolation movements, myself. I tend to think they are somewhat of a waste of time anyway. Perhaps on a cut or recomp they have their purpose, but if you are trying to gain, 5 sets of squats with all your intensity will produce growth!

when i started working out i was 130 lbs. i basically got up to 180 in my teen years just squatting, benching, shoulder pressing, deadlifts, rows, and some arm work thrown in. And thats still what I put my trust in
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

chest and biceps. Went for a lighter day than I usually would..I'm feelin a bit burnt out. Today's workout I just wasnt in the mood. i dont think it was anything hormone related, just an off day.

flat dumbells
    85x10
    95x7
    70x13

incline barbell bench press
    135x12
    155x10
    155x8

180x20
    270x7
    230x10 drop set to 180x5

dumbell curls
    25x12
    35x10
    40x8
    40x6

preacher curls
    55x12
    65x10
    75x6

wide grip cable bar curls
    50x12
    75x10

standup ab machine
    70x15
    70x15
    70x15

captains chair straight leg lifts
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I kind of had an off day in the gym last night. I usually do a lot more volume than I did, but I just didn't have the drive. At least I was able to force myself to go heavy. Anyway, what I'm saying is that it happens to all of us every now and then
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  33. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    I kind of had an off day in the gym last night. I usually do a lot more volume than I did, but I just didn't have the drive. At least I was able to force myself to go heavy. Anyway, what I'm saying is that it happens to all of us every now and then
    For yourself do you get better results going heavy? Or volume?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Kind of somewhere in between, but it really depends on my goals and how I'm feeling.

I've seen the most growth when I do three to four working sets per lift doing something like:

Warm up weight/set (don't necessarily do a warmup for every exercise)
    Set 1 - 10-12 reps
    Set 2 - 8-10 reps
    Set 3 - 4-6 reps
    If I can do more reps than what I have laid out, I do. I'll add a little more weight than I would have if I couldn't hit that rep range, though. If I'm on my last exercise for that bodypart, I'll often throw in a burn out or drop set to finish up.

<Keep in mind that I'm not a mass monster like some of these guys on here, though, lol>
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  35. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    Kind of somewhere in between, but it really depends on my goals and how I'm feeling.

I've seen the most growth when I do three to four working sets per lift doing something like:

Set 1 - 10-12 reps
    Set 2 - 8-10 reps
    Set 3 - 4-6 reps
    If I can do more reps than what I have laid out, I do. I'll add a little more weight than I would have if I couldn't hit that rep range, though. If I'm on my last exercise for that bodypart, I'll often throw in a burn out or drop set to finish up.

<Keep in mind that I'm not a mass monster like some of these guys on here, though, lol>
    Neither am I.
    They say that people can pretty much do 3 exercises per body part at about 10 reps and see changes.

What I'm trying now is upper body and lower body twice a week. I usually try to hit all muscles using decent weight for 10-12 reps and do 2 exercises that day.
    Starting to incorporate a 45 minute walk 3 times a week for cardio.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post

Set 1 - 10-12 reps
    Set 2 - 8-10 reps
    Set 3 - 4-6 reps

it looks like we have similar workout styles. Atleast thats the basic template, but I switch rep ranges around from time to time. Also, I sometimes just try to have heavier strength days and high rep hypertrophy days here and there
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Back day - kinda bad again. Just didnt feel that strength and power I normally do. Thinking it might be slight shutdown, or just a bad streak, or both.

barbell rows
    135x12
    155x10
    185x8
    135x14

pulups
    +25x6

pulldowns wide
    170x9
    190x6

close grip pulldowns
    190x6
    140x12

hammer strength pullup machine underhand grip
    90x15
    160x12
    210x10
    160x10

rack deadlifts (just above knee level while in stance)
    225x10
    315x8
    405x6

dumbell shrugs
    70x15
    85x12
    100x10

As the workout went on I started getting more and more in the zone, but overall unhappy with the workout. I feel fine and my mood is good otherwise, so it might just be my body going through a stage. A bad workout is better than no workout
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Neither am I.
    They say that people can pretty much do 3 exercises per body part at about 10 reps and see changes.

What I'm trying now is upper body and lower body twice a week. I usually try to hit all muscles using decent weight for 10-12 reps and do 2 exercises that day.
    Starting to incorporate a 45 minute walk 3 times a week for cardio.
    I think anything works as long as the intensity factor is as high as possible. I know the habit I fall into is trying to use heavier and heavier weights and then going lower and lower reps because I like to see changes and strength changes seem to be the most visible
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

it looks like we have similar workout styles. Atleast thats the basic template, but I switch rep ranges around from time to time. Also, I sometimes just try to have heavier strength days and high rep hypertrophy days here and there
    This what I do, I do a heavy week with low reps and the next workout will be mod wt/hi-rep. It has been well for me so far and I will also toss in DB sets for the focused contraction.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I do the same thing, heavier strength days more intensity, less volume, and higher volume days where more focused on form, and more volume, seems to help prevent injuries

keep up the good work in here

Similar Forum Threads

1. Keeping strength = keeping muscle?
    By rombusempire in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 02:43 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
  3. Keeping Gains
    By poacher in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 03:14 PM
  4. Keeping a log