Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Good to hear resolve. And I like the mountain man training cool stuff.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks guys, sorry I haven't been around much - you all know how visiting family is. Fortunately I head home tomorrow and will have a much more regular schedule and internet access.

With the advent of the New Year, I'm going to focus on conditioning and fat-loss I think. Going to try 3days on/1 off with an 8 day training week for a while. Each day will be push/pull or legs, coupled with sprints or conditioning drills. Less time lifting on any given day, but more total training time through the week.

Still have plenty of Lit-Up, so even though I've had a bit of a lag in the log, I'll still be more than able to make some great progress on this stuff before I run out. Also, I used it for recreational purposes on New Years Eve (to keep me going through my fatigue) and it worked a little too well. Though I was alert, the combo of Lit-Up plus alcohol was a very... bizarre feeling. Like what I imagine having a bunch of Jagerbombs must be like.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Back in TX. It's nice to be home. Just took 1.5scoops and am heading out for the gym now!

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Back in TX. It's nice to be home. Just took 1.5scoops and am heading out for the gym now!
    Have fun throwing some big weights around Nick.
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Thanks man! OK, so I have to relate the comedic tragedy that was my flight back home. I take a window seat, knowing that the flight isn't full and so presuming that no one will want to sit next to me, a 270-pound refrigerator, with shoulders and chest reaching over into the next chair. But apparently I was wrong; this old obese woman who smelled like a toilet at a bad burrito stand shoved her way into the seat beside me. Literally shoved - she was so fat she had to squish herself in - like a water balloon in a vice.

So I fly two hours with her there, my elbow and shoulder floundering in her rolls, my other shoulder and head crammed against the planes hull. At our first layover, I change seats, scoring an aisle seat on a bulkhead! "Success!" I think to myself, but no: another woman, fatter than the first, again takes the seat next to me. This one is so big she needed an extensor to her seat belt. Honest. And she sat down carrying an Auntie Anne's Pretzel, a small bag of bulk candies, a large soda, a subway sandwich and a bag of something crunchy I couldn't identify. I sat, pushed halfway into the aisle and out of my chair while she ate them all with greedily, as well as several bags of cheese nibs provided by the flight attendant. A very difficult 4 hours, as now the plane was full and I was unable to change seats. Obese people - do not sit next to people who are athletic and large, it will not be pleasant for either of you!

Anyway, had my first workout back in Dallas yesterday afternoon. I'm really tired from everything; vacation was go-go-go and it's caught up with me. Add to that that I had practically nothing to eat on Tuesday and that made for a rough workout yesterday.

Knowing this would probably be the case, I decided to take an additional 0.5scoops after I took the 1.5scoops I mentioned in the previous post. It helped. Strength was still down, but I was driven and determined. I didn't feel tired til towards the end of the session and though the weight I used was sub-par, I was moving quick from set to set. Here's what I did:

Flat DB Press DC sets: 70x20 (warmup), 85x10+5+5 85x10+3+2 85x8+2+2

Fly Aways: 3x45s x8+8+8

Seated OH Press DC sets: 135x20(warmup), 185x8+5+3, 185x8+2+1

Lateral Raises: 25x20, 30x15, Dropset 35x10 +30x10 +25x10 +20x10
    Supersetted w/Iron Cross Holds: 15s to failure

Rope Triceps Extensions DC sets: 100x10+5+5, 100x10+5+5, Dropset 80x10 +60x10 +40x10

Dips: Bodyweight 3x10
    Supersetted with Slow Eccentric OH DB extensions: 3x60x5 with 5sec eccentrics

I finished off with conditioning work, starting with Alwin Cosgrove's Evil 8 Barbell Complex. This being the first time in a long time that I've done this sort of thing, I started of with just the bar, perfoming:

6 rounds of the following, with 6reps, then 5, then 4, etc, to 1 rep in the last round.
    DL
    RDL
    Row
    Clean
    Front Squat
    OH Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

It's quite fun; not too hard yet because of the light weight, but a good beginning. I finished of with some speed walking for about 15min on the track. Not bad considering how worn out I am.

***NOW @ NP***
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.94%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Thanks man! OK, so I have to relate the comedic tragedy that was my flight back home. I take a window seat, knowing that the flight isn't full and so presuming that no one will want to sit next to me, a 270-pound refrigerator, with shoulders and chest reaching over into the next chair. But apparently I was wrong; this old obese woman who smelled like a toilet at a bad burrito stand shoved her way into the seat beside me. Literally shoved - she was so fat she had to squish herself in - like a water balloon in a vice.

So I fly two hours with her there, my elbow and shoulder floundering in her rolls, my other shoulder and head crammed against the planes hull. At our first layover, I change seats, scoring an aisle seat on a bulkhead! "Success!" I think to myself, but no: another woman, fatter than the first, again takes the seat next to me. This one is so big she needed an extensor to her seat belt. Honest. And she sat down carrying an Auntie Anne's Pretzel, a small bag of bulk candies, a large soda, a subway sandwich and a bag of something crunchy I couldn't identify. I sat, pushed halfway into the aisle and out of my chair while she ate them all with greedily, as well as several bags of cheese nibs provided by the flight attendant. A very difficult 4 hours, as now the plane was full and I was unable to change seats. Obese people - do not sit next to people who are athletic and large, it will not be pleasant for either of you!

Anyway, had my first workout back in Dallas yesterday afternoon. I'm really tired from everything; vacation was go-go-go and it's caught up with me. Add to that that I had practically nothing to eat on Tuesday and that made for a rough workout yesterday.

Knowing this would probably be the case, I decided to take an additional 0.5scoops after I took the 1.5scoops I mentioned in the previous post. It helped. Strength was still down, but I was driven and determined. I didn't feel tired til towards the end of the session and though the weight I used was sub-par, I was moving quick from set to set. Here's what I did:

Flat DB Press DC sets: 70x20 (warmup), 85x10+5+5 85x10+3+2 85x8+2+2

Fly Aways: 3x45s x8+8+8

Seated OH Press DC sets: 135x20(warmup), 185x8+5+3, 185x8+2+1

Lateral Raises: 25x20, 30x15, Dropset 35x10 +30x10 +25x10 +20x10
    Supersetted w/Iron Cross Holds: 15s to failure

Rope Triceps Extensions DC sets: 100x10+5+5, 100x10+5+5, Dropset 80x10 +60x10 +40x10

Dips: Bodyweight 3x10
    Supersetted with Slow Eccentric OH DB extensions: 3x60x5 with 5sec eccentrics

I finished off with conditioning work, starting with Alwin Cosgrove's Evil 8 Barbell Complex. This being the first time in a long time that I've done this sort of thing, I started of with just the bar, perfoming:

6 rounds of the following, with 6reps, then 5, then 4, etc, to 1 rep in the last round.
    DL
    RDL
    Row
    Clean
    Front Squat
    OH Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

It's quite fun; not too hard yet because of the light weight, but a good beginning. I finished of with some speed walking for about 15min on the track. Not bad considering how worn out I am.
    Great update and may I say I got a good laugh out of the opening few paragraphs! LMAO
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  7. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Thanks! Now that I'm home, I will be able to provide better updates in future.

***NOW @ NP***
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Alright time for another installment:

I've had two more workouts since last update - a pull day and a leg day. 1.5 scoops of Lit-Up before each. It's the way to go. I was really tired going in for the Pull day, but carried through it with vigor - just a little cranky towards all the 'new year's resolutioners' who are so prevalent right now. I felt great for the leg day, but it lacked intensity despite my best efforts.

Not really sure what's left to say about Lit-Up at this point - I continue to like it quite a bit. I placed a supp order recently, but forgot to grab some Lemon BCAAs as I had wanted to, so the idea of the Anabolic Lemonade/Tea combo will have to wait. Recovery is quite good and DOMS is low despite the intensity and volume that I've been employing.

Anyway here's a quick rundown of what I did on the Pull Day:

Dead Stop Pull-ups, held at the top: x8, x8, x8
    Supersetted w/Cable Pull-Overs: 100x10, x10, x10

Meadows Rows, held at top: Bar + 115lb x8, x8, x8

Rear Delt Raises on inc bench: 15x50, x50

BB Shrugs: 315x10, 405x10, 495x5, dropset to 405x5 +315x10

DB Curls: 3x70x6-8
    Supersetted with Cross-Body Hammer Curls: 3x70x6-8

Machine Curl 21s: 3x170

Farmers Walks: 70s for 7runs of 100yds
    At each 100yd mark, I'd drop the DBs, take a few breaths then do DB swings AMAP.

Leg Day:

Leg Press: 2plates/side x40, 4p/s x30, 6p/s x25, 8p/s x20+5+5, 8p/s x25+8+5, 8p/s x20+5+3

Single Leg Ext Cluster Sets: 110x5+5+5+5, 120etc, 130etc, 140etc

Single Leg Curl Cluster Sets: 4x100x5+5+5+5

Cable Pull-throughs: 4x140x20

Calves, lots of calves.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I feel weak reading this.

I r impressed.

Edit: What's an Irish boy gotta do to find the "user CP" button nowadays?!!
  10. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Well, look who it is. Good to see ya man.

Lol, I'm the one who's feeling weak - I can't even squat or dl right now!!!

***NOW @ NP***
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

About to hit up some squats in a few minutes, actually. - Right after I finish ripping my hair out dealing with EVGA tech support. Talk about demotivating. Don't ever build a PC prior to leg day.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon
    I feel weak reading this.

I r impressed.

Edit: What's an Irish boy gotta do to find the "user CP" button nowadays?!!
    Settings is the new user CP now.
  13. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    About to hit up some squats in a few minutes, actually. - Right after I finish ripping my hair out dealing with EVGA tech support. Talk about demotivating. Don't ever build a PC prior to leg day.
    I'll just let you handle the PC-building methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Settings is the new user CP now.
    Yeah, took me a while to figure out.

***NOW @ NP***
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

I'll just let you handle the PC-building methinks.
    It's fun but can be frustrating when parts decide to blow for no apparent reason. I just did a new build for some video editing I'll be doing. It's a sick rig...or was until this morning.

Anyways, time to jump back in this thing!

I haven't spent $1 on supps in like the last year (no lie), and just decided to grab some new goodies. Combustion will be a part of that, and I also picked up some FocusXT/Flashover at the NP sale. - Why not, right?

I'm seriously (totally cereal) sick of going to the gym and not being in the mood to train. It's really quite an absurd feeling, and I've been doing it for way too long.

I need some BPS in my life.
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Sounds good man, I'm sure you'll like it! How's life?

***NOW @ NP***
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Sounds good man, I'm sure you'll like it! How's life?
    Great!

Things are going really well. I have an amazingly balanced life; something I've struggled to find for a long time. I'm taking a lot of pleasure in marriage and an abundance of other things outside of lifting. I'm blessed for sure.

Just working hard, training, and doing my thing here in FL. My wife is on a leave of absence from work for 4 months, so it has been great having her around the house. Since she's a flight attendant I'm used to not seeing her; I'm going to be very spoiled by the time she has to get back to work.

Lots of cigars, video games and book-reading these days. Outside of that, I now officially own a film production company and am working on a project in this area right now. It's more of a hobby than anything else at this point, but my business partner and I hope to change that.

But, I've been enjoying my down-time wayyyy too much these days; to the point where training can be more of a hassle than anything else. So I decided to get back to hitting things hard, and since my wife is here, I have a consistent training partner. - Time to get back to it!

Hit legs tonight. - With Bodyweight @ 163lbs, I squatted (raw) 415x4 and put up 315x14 for my last set. Not terrible. - Anyways, that's a reference to where I'm at right now. I hope to make some big changes in the next 12wks.
  17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Sounds great man, glad your gettin' back into things! And I'm not sure if I ever congratulated you on getting married - BW and I are both really happy for ya!

***NOW @ NP***
  18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

So, I lifted yesterday - here's the breakdown.

DB Press Complex -
    Seated DB Press: 70x12, 90x10, 90x8, 90x7
    Lateral Raises: 30x12, 30x12, 30x15,30x15
    Inc DB Press: 70x12, 90x10, 90x7, 90x6
    Inc Fly: 45x8 for all 4 rounds.

If you haven't tried lifting with this kind of setup, I highly recommend it. Rest as little as possible between movements, alternating compound and isolation. In just 15min my shoulders and chest were fried. I then stumbled over to the dipping bars...

Triceps Triset -
    Rope Extensions: 60x10 x10 x10
    BW Dips: x10 x10 x10
    OH DB Exts 1 handed: 30 x6 with 5sec eccentrics

And in ~30min, my hypertrophy work is done. Now for conditioning.

Cosgrove's Evil 8 - 6 rounds of 6,5,4,etc to 1, 95lb bb
    DL
    RDL
    Row
    Clean
    Front Squat
    OH Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

This felt great except that I pinched my pinky setting the bar back in the forks and gotta nasty blood blister that I had to lance. :/ I think I can handle some light squat and dls now though, so I might toss in some dynamic effort or something like that soon.

Another workout today - Pull day. I'm gonna mix things up a bit, feel like trying some new stuff/lifts I haven't done in a while.

***NOW @ NP***
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Have you guys ever used nicotine as a pre-workout stimulant? - (yes, srs)

I bought one of those e-cigs the other day.

...I just love the warm glow of the blue LED flame in my hand.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Resolve,

Were your Triceps "lit" from your Chest sets? - I would have assumed you would put up more than 10 reps on your dips...it sounds like fatigue was setting in.

It sounds like you did some serious burnout, but am a little curious about your view on hypertrophy...considering I've done so much PL stuff as of late, I am under the impression that longer rests allows for proper muscle-fiber recruitment. - Is your workout geared more towards size or strength? I've always seen short rest sets as more of an endurance workout (i.e. cardiovascular) than anything related to the latter.

I seriously feel like a newb in some respects. I have done a great job with (relatively) holding on to strength, but size-related workouts are lost on me ATM. I haven't trained for growth since JAN 2010.

I don't even know what I want anymore. My wife says she wants me to beef up, but something is so awesome about being 160lbs and out-squatting everyone at my gym.
  21. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

I get too relaxed with it for that to work for me, but it is a good idea. I have used nicotine for appetite suppression, quite effectively; but I think that's common knowledge...

***NOW @ NP***
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

My supps are here.

...Ahhh shiiiiiii, time for me to take over the boards again.
  23. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Nice.

***NOW @ NP***
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Dude, I just now realized that Lit-up is an actual supplement. Wow. I've been out of this game for way too long.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Okay, so you say nicotine is a good idea pre-workout. - I've done my research, but am curious...being the science-geek (don't confuse "geek" as a negative term; I'm a geek in respects in my own regard with tech related issues, and it's very, very good) that you are, tell me why YOU feel nicotine has a positive effect on training.

In all honesty, I feel like a dumbars for buying an e-cig, only becuase it's so awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not supposed to turn a non-smoker into a smoker. - Oh, how they've been so successful in their marketing.
  26. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Well, I wouldn't recommend smoking - a patch, or gum, something like. A low dose used in conjunction with some caffeine would be real nice, here's why:

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v2.../0801654a.html

***NOW @ NP***
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Well, I wouldn't recommend smoking - a patch, or gum, something like. A low dose used in conjunction with some caffeine would be real nice, here's why:

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v2.../0801654a.html
    The e-cig I'm using has no tar, carbon monoxide, etc. - It's pure nicotine and propolene glycol (which produces the vapor; don't believe anyone that says it's water vapor). I seriously love thing thing.

Low dose? I guess that's an option, but I'm sucking on the medium dose, and was going to buy the high-dose cartomizers.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.31%

I can't advocate nicotine pre workout. In fact I recommend people not use it for at least 15 min prior or post exercise. Including myself (I dip). It's a vasoconstrictor, narrows arteries, thickens the blood, raises heart rate, and raises blood pressure. Just to name a few. All things that do not correlate with a healthy workout. In my humble opinion.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I can't advocate nicotine pre workout. In fact I recommend people not use it for at least 15 min prior or post exercise. Including myself (I dip). It's a vasoconstrictor, narrows arteries, thickens the blood, raises heart rate, and raises blood pressure. Just to name a few. All things that do not correlate with a healthy workout. In my humble opinion.
    Sources? - I've only discovered it to increase bloodflow.

Keep in mind I'm not dipping, smoking, etc. - There is no tobacco involved.

Now, yes, I love cigars, but I'm talking about an electronic cigarette throughout the day.
  30. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

It's dose dependent Copycat, just like it is with caffeine. Plus, the vasodilatory effect of activity should overcome that aspect unless you take a ton of nicotine.

I just figure on a keto diet, having a bit of extra lipolysis here and there can't hurt. If you'd prefer that be at times other than your workout, that's totally your prerogative.

***NOW @ NP***
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.31%

I'm on my phone so finding the source ain't easy right now. I'll try and dig it up for ya though if I can. I helped my wife look this stuff up on pubmed and such for a table clinic she had to do for her dental hygiene school.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

So, decided I'd mix things up and stacked some RPM I had lying around with Lit-Up for my leg workout yesterday. It's a pretty good combo - the effects are less intense, but longer lasting.

I took 4 RPM and 1 scoop Lit-Up. Rather than being mentally amped up and focused, like a higher dose of Lit-Up gives, the combo gave me more of a clear headed effect with lasting endurance. Relaxed, it was nice.

Anyways, here's what I did:

Hack Squats: 1p/s x30, 2p/s x30, 3p/s x20, 3p/s x20

Split Squats supersetted w/Walking Lunges: Bodyweight for both, 3x15-20 each

1 Leg Curls ss'd w/Machine Reverse Hypers: 3x100x15 for each

1 Leg Extensions: 3x70x30 per leg

Next I did some of these:

And may I say they are a humbling experience. I used a 25lb DB just to try them out - I'd do as many as possible, drop the DB and then do reverse hypers off the same bench to failure. Magnificent and highly recommended for gluts/hams as a finisher.

Limped over the calf machines and went to town for about 12 sets, then finished wit some time on the stair climber. I have trouble walking today.

***NOW @ NP***
  33. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Bah, so I've been having big abdominal/lower back issues for the last few days; pain's been flaring up BAD. And I still have a week before I see the spine specialist, so I'm likely out of the gym for a while.

I will post a final review here, and start a new thread with it in the AppNut section, as I feel LitUp deserves more attention that it is currently receiving.

***NOW @ NP***
  34. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.94%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkknight View Post
    I'm doing 1.5 currently thinking about increasing mine to 2 next week.
    How was 2 scoops?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I didnt feel like it was. Would do a scoop of each. So it wasnt overly powerful. Tasted amazing and got a bit of both.
    I gotta try this out and see how it is

1. Not at all; PM me at your leisure and I'd be happy to answer any questions I can.

2. Sprints done on a spin bike - I like them more than the typical exercise bike because they have nothing electronic.

3.The stim feeling was not as good. Still provided usable energy, but the mental drive that is Lit-up's best point in my opinion was not nearly so pronounced

4. Do you mean fried zucchini? I love fried zucchini, but dont think I've ever had zucchini fries if they're something different.
    1. Will do
    2. Ahh got ya
    3. Yes the mental drive is great with Litup. Maybe it was the synephrine and/or geranium in wyked overpowered it?
    4. You slice the zucchini into fries and bake them. I drizzle EVOO over them and sprinkle cayenne pepper and old bay over them

So, I apologize for my absense the last few days - I'm with family, and their remote mountain home lost internet due to bad weather. Since it's the holidays, nobody was available to fix it until today.

I decided to make use of this environment and had an AWESOME conditioning workout up here today:

My Mountainman Workout:
    Took 1.5 scoops of Lit-Up about half and hour before starting, and let my little brother (17) use some as well. We chilled til we felt in kick in, then got started with the fun.

Wheel Barrow Runs Uphill: approximately 20yards with as many cinder blocks in the barrow as we could fit. We did this each 4 times.

Wheel Barrow Farmers Walks: from one end of our 3 acres to the other. Twice each.

Tire/Sledehammer fun: Beat the tire 15 time with one grip, then change grip and repeat. 3 times each.

Wind sprints uphill: the same 20yards as in the beginning of the workout.

Simple, straightforward, and it drained us. My brother plays soccer now, so his conditioning is much better than mine currently, but the sledgehammer work really took it's toll on him. Nonetheless, he enjoyed his experience with Lit-Up. I thought it worked quite well, too, for this kind of workout - which was more endurance based than what I'd previously used it for. Some pre-workouts are better suited to one style of workout over another, but Lit-Up is holding it own in multiple categories.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting legs, since I missed a leg day on Christmas Eve. I'll be at some old friends' home after that and will try to update, but I haven't seen them in a year and have a lot of catching to do.

Thanks for following along everyone and I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
    Sounds like you had a awesome workout brotha! Very Rocky IV-ish..

Do you do these strongman type workouts often?

Okay, so you say nicotine is a good idea pre-workout. - I've done my research, but am curious...being the science-geek (don't confuse "geek" as a negative term; I'm a geek in respects in my own regard with tech related issues, and it's very, very good) that you are, tell me why YOU feel nicotine has a positive effect on training.

In all honesty, I feel like a dumbars for buying an e-cig, only becuase it's so awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not supposed to turn a non-smoker into a smoker. - Oh, how they've been so successful in their marketing.
    How you been IC?

Here is some light reading on nicotine for you - http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/4...earch-proposal
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Bah, so I've been having big abdominal/lower back issues for the last few days; pain's been flaring up BAD. And I still have a week before I see the spine specialist, so I'm likely out of the gym for a while.
    Sorry to hear about the medical issues. Do you have an idea of what caused it? - I apologize if it has been discussed previously, I'm sorta new here.
  36. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Sorry to hear about the medical issues. Do you have an idea of what caused it? - I apologize if it has been discussed previously, I'm sorta new here.
    Best hypothesis at this point is a pinched nerve in the lower back. It's been causing stomach/intestinal issues, as well as hip and lower back pain. It comes and goes, but is definitely aggravated by heavy spinal loading, so Doc said "No mas" to squats and DLs til it gets figured out. That's why the only squats/dls I've been doing have been for conditioning work with super light weight.

***NOW @ NP***

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 350
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
  2. Replies: 286
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
  3. Resolve's BC+EAA Bonanza!
    By Resolve in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM