Slim FX by AX: the truth, an independent review

  1. New Member
    Sonntag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    96.39%

    Exclamation Slim FX by AX: the truth, an independent review


    My first review after 5 days on Slim FX by AX:












    Background:

    Age: 26, student, runner (~50miles a week), strength training at one times a week.
    Training since 6 years, training with supps since 4 years.
    Other fatburners and PWOs experience: SlimXtreme, OxyElitePro, StimulatX (MeTIQ based), DS Adrenaline, Jack3d, PES Shift and much more..


    Only supps currently are:

    Fish oil
    Xtend (2 scroops before and after wortkout)
    Zinc (30mg)
    Slim FX serving: immediately upon waking, 2 pills on empty stomache.



    Energy/ Boost:
    Raiting: Slim FX 7/10 (old Slim Xtreme 9/10)

    The energy I get in the first 2 hours on FX comes on very smoothly and clean, the full effects kicks after 40min.
    Good drive and motivation too. Im my opinion the mind-muscle-connection on 1,3dimeth and other PEA products is better.
    There is never ever the "superman-feeling" like on SlimXtreme, but enough energy to have a soild workout.


    Appetite suppressant:
    Raiting: Slim FX 8/10 (old Slim Xtreme 10/10)

    In this category FX works fantastic all day long, I can eat, but must not.
    If I have a sensation of hunger I eat only a little and than: feel fill.


    Focus/ concentration:
    Raiting: Slim FX 2/10 (old Slim Xtreme 10/10)

    Greatly disappointed in this category. I am a student and hoped I can use Slim FX as a study aid.
    On FX I have a ittle bit of a headache and trouble concentrating, I can not concentrate on one thing (scientific work at pc, write a housework...),
    even after my workout Ive problems. Therefore FX is not a option as a study aid...will try it with nootropics later.

    For training workouts the concentraion is good, for mental working not.


    Mood:
    Raiting: Slim FX 3/10 (old Slim Xtreme 9/10)

    Greatly disappointed in this category too. There is defenetly a mood lift afer 30-40min, but the mood lift I
    get with my morning coffe and 1g Tryosine on a empty stomach is much better. Rest time on FX I feel ok/normal,
    but not in a great mood, its more a "cold" mood. The come down after 4-5 hourse is very nice, it puts me into
    a relaxed-zone.
    Maybe its not enouth PEA in one Pill.


    Side effects:

    - enhance libido (because of the rauwolscine?!)
    - no negative sides!- and i think thats something special on the market, if you compare it with 1,3dimeth based products


    PROs (for me):

    - best appetitt supperessant on the market without a crash
    - very clean and smooth energy for about 5-6 hours
    - unique feeling and is unlike any other energy product on the market
    - (almost) no side effects

    CONs (for me):

    - I am very dissappointed with mood enhnachment and mental clarity
    - sick and jittery feeling (with 2 pills), majorly until 2-3 hours after dosing in the morning
    - problems with the dosage: 1 pill isnt enough, with 2 pills I feel sick!
    - no dopaminergic feeling like on SlimXtreme, its more an adrenaline feeling which sucks im my opinion
    (feels same like too much coffeine at the beginning)
    - no duration of 12 hours, I can only feel it clearly 6 hours
    - headache and trouble concentrating = no study aid


    Final Summary:

    Overall raiting: Slim FX 5/10 (old Slim Xtreme 10/10)

    Its a good alternative in comparison to the other products on
    the market, but its never ever a "wonder pill".
    For me SlimFX has not more than 50% of the original SilmXtreme, because
    its not a mild norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor.


    Still much work for AX with the next version....

  2. Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    211241
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    85.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thank you for your honest feedback.
    I'm Back...
  3. Professional Member
    JoHNnyNuTZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,575
    Rep Power
    285446
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    6.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Good review.

    RECOVERBRO


    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,367
    Rep Power
    2765916
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    62.86%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Nice little review there.
  5. New Member
    Sonntag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    96.39%

    Thanks guys... Ill report again in one week...
    Serving: 2 pills in the morning
  6. New Member
    Marcinator's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    18054
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%

    Thank you for the thorough review... I just ordered some last week....should be here soon. I'll have to see if I notice some of the patterns you mentioned. Excited to try it!
  7. New Member
    DGA3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    306
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    24.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    Thank you for your honest feedback.
    Props to you, Clickster, as an AX rep who accepted one person's review. You didn't try to argue with him, call him names, point out flaws in his observations . . . . .

    I can appreciate that, and it gives me more respect for AX as a supplement company.
  8. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3531
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%

    If you would eat a little something before taking 2 caps in the morning it would probably help with the jittery feeling. It may also extend the 5-6 hours of energy to say...8. Just a thought.
    Taste the rainbow.
  9. New Member
    Sonntag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    96.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by DGA3 View Post
    Props to you, Clickster, as an AX rep who accepted one person's review. You didn't try to argue with him, call him names, point out flaws in his observations . . . . . I can appreciate that, and it gives me more respect for AX as a supplement company.
    word!
  10. New Member
    Sonntag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    96.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    If you would eat a little something before taking 2 caps in the morning it would probably help with the jittery feeling. ...
    Good idea. Ill try it tomorrow...
  11. New Member
    Clever Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    397
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    33.35%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonntag View Post
    - no dopaminergic feeling like on SlimXtreme, its more an adrenaline feeling which sucks im my opinion
    Just saw your review, nice one. I mostly agree especially with the quoted part here ^^^

    Slim FX will never be a stable for me, it's "too mild" for xtreme GTD (Getting Things Done) where SX in this regard were "pharm medication" for getting off your ass. Plus, I liked the xtreme lack of fatigue (sleeping for 4 hours for like a week). btw, SX was never a stable (too strong in the long run) but at least it made SENSE when you took it for a couple days in a row, for achieving the impossible in your life.

    Fyi, ymmv, don'ttrythisathomekids, currently I'm on a smaller dose on SX "stacked" with 1 pill of Slim FX + a few grams of aniracetam, with stuff like taurine, inderal, and fish oil to help the 'cardiovascular system' and blood pressure and today I live on low calorie energy drinks and electrolytes (be careful with too much insulin stimulation from food!) and this is actually VERRRRY nice, if ever there was "THE zone" you could work/be in, I've humiliated it already...
  12. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576687
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Which stimulant x did you use? the latest release?
    it sounds like this might be the better option for you in regards to energy and focus.
    the extreme positive of the slimfx which you noted is the appetite suppression. energy also is a key factor, but it is also a key factor in stimulant x.

    sorry to hear the sfx didn't go as well as you had hoped. I would try stimx based on the factors you wish to obtain.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  13. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Energy/ Boost:
    Rating: Slim FX 5/10 on 2 caps
    (old Slim Xtreme 7/10............on ONE CAP!)

    Appetite suppressant:
    Rating: Slim FX 6/10 on 2 caps (old Slim Xtreme 10/10 ..........on ONE CAP!)

    Focus/ concentration:
    Rating: Slim FX 5/10 onm 2 caps (old Slim Xtreme 7/10.............on ONE CAP!)

    Mood:
    Rating: Slim FX 3/10 on 2 caps
    (old Slim Xtreme 9/10................on ONE CAP!)

    OVERALL:
    Rating: Slim FX 5/10
    (old Slim Xtreme 9.5/10........one ONE CAP!)

    Disappointed. "OK" product but this stuff can't hold the original's jock strap!

    Sorry AX - Just keeping it real
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  14. New Member
    Clever Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    397
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    33.35%

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Energy/ Boost:
    Rating: Slim FX 5/10 on 2 caps
    (old Slim Xtreme 7/10............on ONE CAP!)

    Appetite suppressant:
    Rating: Slim FX 6/10 on 2 caps (old Slim Xtreme 10/10 ..........on ONE CAP!)

    Focus/ concentration:
    Rating: Slim FX 5/10 onm 2 caps (old Slim Xtreme 7/10.............on ONE CAP!)

    Mood:
    Rating: Slim FX 3/10 on 2 caps
    (old Slim Xtreme 9/10................on ONE CAP!)

    OVERALL:
    Rating: Slim FX 5/10
    (old Slim Xtreme 9.5/10........one ONE CAP!)

    Disappointed. "OK" product but this stuff can't hold the original's jock strap!

    Sorry AX - Just keeping it real
    I agree. SX diehard's needs more than FX to be "stimulated", and the new Stimulant X is allright too, but it's missing the "magic".

    Ax announced that from the FX testers group they concluded that FX was 'bout ~70% of the "old SX", I won't argue with that but just say the remaining "30%" was probably what MADE the difference.

    For newcomers FX is a nice long-lasting stim, however for the SX diehard's , FX won't do it.....
  15. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Well stated!

    Bring the old stuff back. Screw it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clever Mouse View Post
    Ax announced that from the FX testers group they concluded that FX was 'bout ~70% of the "old SX", I won't argue with that but just say the remaining "30%" was probably what MADE the difference.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  16. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484103
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    90.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Clever Mouse View Post
    For newcomers FX is a nice long-lasting stim, however for the SX diehard's , FX won't do it.....
    I get what you are saying, however it would be impossible to bring back that formulation. It's gone, never to be seen again, so it kinda makes it a dead issue, fwiw.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  17. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576687
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    I get what you are saying, however it would be impossible to bring back that formulation. It's gone, never to be seen again, so it kinda makes it a dead issue, fwiw.
    very well stated.
    sorry to see some are not responding well.
    there are plenty of positive reviews on this version.
    it goes to show that everyone responds differently to supplements and different ingredients.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  18. New Member
    Clever Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    397
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    33.35%

    Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    I get what you are saying, however it would be impossible to bring back that formulation. It's gone, never to be seen again, so it kinda makes it a dead issue, fwiw.
    Absolutely! And, for the record, I'm not saying Slim FX is a bad product, it's a very strong mental stimulant, no doubt. But, wutcha gonna do once you've gone XTREME? 8-). Why the f*ck would I drive a Volvo c30 when I CAN experience an aston martin one 77? Makes no sense... Yeah, I can shut up about it, and I will. But I'm NOT gonna say "OHH Slim FX is the best you can take for performance, (just becaus it's what's "accidentally" available to me) Are we going to pretend SX never existed? *PUFF* Duhh, not THAT stooopid.

    I *HATE* BEING TOLD what I can and CANNOT take!
  19. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576687
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Clever Mouse View Post

    I *HATE* BEING TOLD what I can and CANNOT take!
    this is definitely becoming an issue, and I hear ya on this one bro.
    we gotta deal and roll forward though.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  20. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3531
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%

    I find it funny that no one (reps in particular) is trying to give the OP any advise on what he could possibly try to make his experience with SFX any better.
    Taste the rainbow.
  21. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576687
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    I find it funny that no one (reps in particular) is trying to give the OP any advise on what he could possibly try to make his experience with SFX any better.
    In most cases, what you see is "up the dose" see how that works. When in reality, that is not the best protocol, but that is the route most people and most company reps take.
    At AX, we'd rather have the honest reviews, it shows both ends of the spectrum. Not everyone is going to respond to every product on the market. Look at creatine, some people seem to get a good boost in strength from it, whereas others do not. Yet creatine is one of the most extensively studied products on the market.
    Also, his review was fair, and his big areas in ratings that were low were the Mood and Focus/Concentration. That is something that tends to be on the user and how well they respond/react to different ingredients. Food can definitely play a factor here, but as a team we have no intentions to run the "Blame Game" on the OP and decide it's his issue rather than him not particularly responding well to the supplement.

    The other issue is with comparing what was to what is. The product is going to be different because this version was formulated with different ingredients. Unfortunately, the old product was pulled and will no longer be around or ever come back, this is Slim FX and what is, and is what's hear to stay.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  22. Senior Member
    freezito's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    26193
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    54.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    starting mine tomorrow. Im in it for the appetite suppression. if it works for that and works well, it will get a ten in my book
  23. New Member
    Sonntag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    96.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    starting mine tomorrow. Im in it for the appetite suppression. if it works for that and works well, it will get a ten in my book
    Nice, give us feedback please...
  24. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576687
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    starting mine tomorrow. Im in it for the appetite suppression. if it works for that and works well, it will get a ten in my book
    sounds good and let us know how it goes!
    be sure also to let us know how you plan to dose and when.
    It definitely can make a difference, and everyone has their own preference.
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  25. Advanced Member
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3531
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    In most cases, what you see is "up the dose" see how that works. When in reality, that is not the best protocol, but that is the route most people and most company reps take.
    At AX, we'd rather have the honest reviews, it shows both ends of the spectrum. Not everyone is going to respond to every product on the market. Look at creatine, some people seem to get a good boost in strength from it, whereas others do not. Yet creatine is one of the most extensively studied products on the market.
    Also, his review was fair, and his big areas in ratings that were low were the Mood and Focus/Concentration. That is something that tends to be on the user and how well they respond/react to different ingredients. Food can definitely play a factor here, but as a team we have no intentions to run the "Blame Game" on the OP and decide it's his issue rather than him not particularly responding well to the supplement.

    The other issue is with comparing what was to what is. The product is going to be different because this version was formulated with different ingredients. Unfortunately, the old product was pulled and will no longer be around or ever come back, this is Slim FX and what is, and is what's hear to stay.
    "Up the dose" would by no means help the op seeing as he is getting the jitters. Dosing on an empty stomach however can cause jitters and a feeling of light headedness or brain fog as I call it. (mood and concentration) Lowering the dose or eating may just help him.

    Trust me I know far too well about what was.
    Taste the rainbow.
  26. New Member
    Daisi4ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    7%

    Hi there,
    Thank you for the review, I needed that so to take this pills. Great work for AX.
    I completely agree with the comments, that SlimXtreme would never come back and of course it can't be like the last version. There was something so wrong and so beautiful about SX.
    Thank you all. I'll have mine maybe next week and I'll leave my feedback here.
  27. AX Product Specialist
    Bnatural's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,264
    Rep Power
    576687
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    87.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi4ka View Post
    Hi there,
    Thank you for the review, I needed that so to take this pills. Great work for AX.
    I completely agree with the comments, that SlimXtreme would never come back and of course it can't be like the last version. There was something so wrong and so beautiful about SX.
    Thank you all. I'll have mine maybe next week and I'll leave my feedback here.

    Very good to hear, and feedback would be fantastic.
    Curious on how you intend to use it, just for appetite suppression, or maybe an upcoming bb-ing contest?
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My Slim FX Review
    By Clickster in forum Athletic Xtreme
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 05:08 PM
  2. My Slim FX Review
    By SmashK in forum Athletic Xtreme
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 04:40 PM
  3. Slim Xtreme review
    By jlh154 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 07:56 AM
  4. Slim X Review
    By Dubxl152 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in