I Need2BuildMuscle With Transaderm

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
First of all thanks to the guys over at NeedToBuildMuscle and Rickrock for allowing me to log this product. I hope I can provide good insight on this product and my experience to others on the site.

Starting Weight-187 lbs BF-9.5%

Current max lifts:bench: 315 Max Pull Ups-23

Other Supps:BCAA/Citrulline MalateFish Oils/Green Tea/RK’sNa-RALA 2x daily

DIET3000 Cal’s on workout days-260-280 gms protein100-120 gms fat200-250 gms carbs

I only dabble with heavy weights on my legs due to multiple stress fractures in my back. I just got off a 1 week vacation, so I will be starting up a little slowly, since I slept very little and didn’t eat great.

My Goal-Increase weight over 6 weeks to 190-192 lbs and maintain BF or even lower. I also want to increase my mass, especially in my biceps and forearms.

I have had mixed experiences with DHEA in the past, as I ran a cycle of dermacrine last year but had to stop a week in due to prostatitis. I had a great experience with Gaspari Halodrol MT, the crappy ones with DHEA in them. This supplement is very similar in ingredients to the old Dermacrine and could be a very good replacement. Since this is a dermal supplement, the DHEA will be more potent and absorbed better, and the other ingredients should keep estrogen at bay, allowing me not to bloat during this cycle.

My training will consist of Trisets on many days where I work a major group and some minor ones to get my conditioning up, and I also do an occasional day of 8x8 with 30 sec breaks. I mainly do push/pull/legs with some variation

Day 1

I applied the lotion to my delts and noticed a cooling and it dried within 2 minutes. I have not noticed the tightening effect that some others have seen though. I did this after a shower and didn’t shower post gym to ensure the lotion stayed on. The only concern I have is that I sweat a lot at the gym and could lose some through that.

Pull Day
Wide grip pull up 8x8 at body weight 30 sec rest between sets. Last set didn’t complete my 8th rep

1 Arm bentover BB Row-1 min between sets
Bar+25 x10 reps
Bar+50 x12 reps
Bar+50x12 reps
Bar+70x10 reps SS down with 50,25 at 8 reps each

Row machine pull up grip
130x10
150x12
170x8
170x8 SS with 130x10 110x5

Calf Raises
45x25
45x20
70x10 for 5 sets with 30 sec rest

BB Bent over row
95x12
95x12 115x12 115x10

Close grip pull down
150x12 150x12 170x10 190x9 SS at 150x5 and 130x6

Biceps Curl
60x12 4 sets 1 min rest

Overall, a little sore post workout since it was my first workout in a week, we will see in the coming days how recovery goes and what gains will be made.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First to sub! In for the ride bro. ;)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i just started using transaderm as well....good luck!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
count me in!

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Good to see some people in on this.

Today was my first chest/shoulder day since my vacation, and I hope to get back to my pre-vacation peaks next time around. Im also out of B-Alanine so I need to pick some up.

Day 2

I applied the lotion to my delts, 3 pumps one side, 2 the other, it dried quickly, and I still didn't feel the pump that others talk about.
I hit the gym about 45 minutes after application.

1st triset
DB Bench---135x12, 150x12, 160x12, 160x12, 160x12
DB Pec Fly 50x12 for 5 sets
Hanging Leg Raise, 30 sec, 25 sec, 20, 20, 20 sec

2nd triset
incline DB Press, almost military press, 130x12 for 5 sets then superset down with 90x10 and 70x5
wide grip push up, 4 sets of 15
6 inches 4 sets of 45 seconds

3rd triset
upright row 45x15 warm up, 85x12, 95x10, 95x10, 105x8 SS down to 45 lbs
cable pec crossover, 4 sets on 6th plate each side, not sure weight
crunches 4 sets 25

Triceps triset
Bar push down 11th platex12 reps for 5 sets
DB skull crushers 4 sets at 40 lbs
1 arm 1 leg planks 4 sets 5 reps each side with 5 sec holds

Overall, my numbers and my energy were down a bit. I put it down to post vacation and lack of B-alanine in my workout. So far the only issue I have had with the Transaderm is that I wake up earlier than normal and have issues getting back to sleep. Too early to determine if that is due to the Transaderm however.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'm in. Best of luck bro! Give transaderm all you got :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workout bud ;)

The effects probably wont come these first few doses, but should soon after

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, I figured it would take at least a week to notice anything from the transaderm, but that is no issue since I have probably 6+ weeks on it.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree it will take a little time for it to kick in but oh man when it does its going to be alot of fun wink wink

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

No workout because I had to attend a funeral. The only difference I have really noticed so far is an intense hunger. I need to start chomping on carrots or something because I want to eat everything in the house

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3

No workout because I had to attend a funeral. The only difference I have really noticed so far is an intense hunger. I need to start chomping on carrots or something because I want to eat everything in the house
That hunger increase seems to be a recurring thing with you guys running Transaderm. Makes perfect sense since your body is in an Anabolic state...so craving food is a good thing!

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Yea I notice it more during the morning. After my sleep, I wake up with that feeling that I could clear a table ful of food, which I caan't complain about, I think I will \do some HIIT cardio a few days a week to help knock off some of these calories

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man i've noticed a hunger increase as well....i'm on day 4 and it hits me first thing in the AM....I actually noticed it on day 2

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Hit the gym after applying, and noticed I had a mean high BP headache at the gym today. I couldn't really do trisets the way I wanted because by the time I'd get to the 3rd exercise I'd have to sit down because I felt like ****. I can't use hawthorn berry because I have an allergy, so I will lower doseage for a few days. Either way my workout went well at a lower intensity.

close grip pulldown
8x8 30 sec break. Not sure weight b/c doesn't have labeling. Also on my last set couldn't get full reps on reps 6-8.

Wide grip neutral pulldowns

170x10
180x10
190x10
200x10
220x8

Leg extensions
90x15 warm up
115x15
140x15
165x15
180x15
180x15

hamstring curl
45x15
45x15
45x15

I do lower weights on legs due to my back issue

MAchine row
150x12
170x8
170x10
170x8
150x12

Biceps curl with EZ bar

60x12
70x10
70x10
70x9
70x8 forced reps 9,10

still fell high BP about 4 hrs after workout, also wondering what people recommend for PCT?

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Lowered doseage to 3 pumps to reduce high BP headaches, still had slightly high BP though.

I have slowly noticed a little water retention in my pectoral and abdominal area just 5 days in.

DB bench press

5x12 last set at 180 lbs, so up 20 lbs from last lift, mainly because I got my endurance back from before vacation

Did a triset with 6 inches and side planks

Incline DB press Triset with hanging leg raise and decline crunches

4x12 at 150 lbs

Military press
120x11
120x9
100x12
100x12

V bar triceps pressdown
5x12

DB skull cruchers
4x12

Felt good post workout and noticing some increase in endurance, but not feeling good about slight water retention. Also, my hunger seems to have subsided in the AM.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh you will retain some water on Transaderm bro. Its pretty normal and if it bothers you too much you can add an AI to dry out some. BP issues can be helped by adding in some Hawthorne Berry. It can be had pretty cheap at any place that sells vitamins.

As for PCT, a good test booster should be all you need with the exception of maybe an AI. ;)

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Yea I have Hawthorn Berry from a past cycle of H-drol but cannot use it because I get a wicked rash, I may just run the AI in PCT, what do you reccomend? Would Erase and say DAA work or a stronger anti-E needed PCT?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yea I have Hawthorn Berry from a past cycle of H-drol but cannot use it because I get a wicked rash, I may just run the AI in PCT, what do you reccomend? Would Erase and say DAA work or a stronger anti-E needed PCT?
You can definitely do that. Maybe even just keep it topical and do some formastanozol :)

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
yea I was thinking formestane possibly. I had half a bottle about a month ago but it went bad because it sat around for over a year

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
How about Novedex XT actually at a low dose? I know its a ****ty AI but as a side supp in this case at 1 cap a day?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about Novedex XT actually at a low dose? I know its a ****ty AI but as a side supp in this case at 1 cap a day?
Novedex XT is actually pretty effective at lowering estrogen....unfortunately its also pretty good at lowering libido too. I didn't want anything to do with my wife while on that stuff. If you already have it, then you could use it, but if you have to purchase something just go with Erase or Formastanozol

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
yea I may run Erase PCT, I am thinking low dose Novedex to combat estro on the cycle. And yea libido can be bad but I've used a high dose before and gotten by, so I will make do since its already on my shelf

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yea I was thinking formestane possibly. I had half a bottle about a month ago but it went bad because it sat around for over a year

i doubt it went bad, a common occurance with formestane products is that if they sit for a long time they tend to go out of solution[ingrdients will seperate]...if you hold the bottle under really hot water for a few minutes then shake the hell out of it you should be good to go. the heat won't effect the product, btw.

trust me on this, i have left bottles sit for well over a year and this has worked well for me!!!

good luck.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
OK, it was about 1/4 full anyway so I did chuck it a week back, it was having issues absorbing probably because of going out of solution, but either way I am going to run 1 cap Novedex per day. Today I kept the Transaderm at 3 pumps and dosed after my gym session. I still seem to be having more side effects than anything. High BP and increased HR when active are a killer along with a little water retention, but I will plow through and see in a few days how its going

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Back

Pull ups (2 min rest between sets) kin between sets did weighted abs and decline crunches

1 arm BB bent over row

bar+25x15
bar+50x12
bar+70x10
bar+50x15 with downset

chin up grip pull downs
180x10
200x10
200x8
200x7

Wide grip pull downs (45 sec rest)
150x12
150x10
160x9

row machine
150x10
170x10
170x12
150x10

Planks
BW+45 x 1:15 and 1 minute

BB curl
75x10
75x10
75x10
85x9

overall a pretty good workout. Had a little headache but no big issue at 3 pumps, after my workout I put 4 on today so we will see how it goes.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, it was about 1/4 full anyway so I did chuck it a week back, it was having issues absorbing probably because of going out of solution, but either way I am going to run 1 cap Novedex per day. Today I kept the Transaderm at 3 pumps and dosed after my gym session. I still seem to be having more side effects than anything. High BP and increased HR when active are a killer along with a little water retention, but I will plow through and see in a few days how its going
Another thing is make sure you are getting plenty of water in, and plenty of fish oil too. Both of those things can also contribute to lower blood pressure. Bananas or a good source of potassium will also help. Its weird that this is the first time I've heard of BP issues on Transaderm, but everyone reacts to things differently.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Yea it is odd because even a heavier ph cycle in the past didn't jack it up much. Yea I'm taking 4 gms of fish oils 1.5 gallons of water and some potassium in my multi

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Chest and shoulders

DB bench press triset with 6 inches and side planks

130x12
150x12
170x12
190x12
190x12 ****PR for 12 reps with DB

Incline Bench press triset with hanging leg raise and reverse crunch

150x8 for 4 sets, shoulders felt shot for some reason

upright rows triset with pushups and calf raises

90x10
90x10
100x10
100x8

I felt great today during my workout but had to rush it because of a busy day, so I didn't get everything done, but progress is being made. I do need to cut back the calories a bit though, the last two days I ate 3300+ calories due to the increased hunger brought about by being on an anabolic. The water retention seems to have stabilized and maybe cut back a little bit with the addition of an AI.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Glad things are looking up for you. Transderm with a low dosed AI is the way to go IMO

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 8

Chest and shoulders

DB bench press triset with 6 inches and side planks

130x12
150x12
170x12
190x12
190x12 ****PR for 12 reps with DB

Incline Bench press triset with hanging leg raise and reverse crunch

150x8 for 4 sets, shoulders felt shot for some reason

upright rows triset with pushups and calf raises

90x10
90x10
100x10
100x8

I felt great today during my workout but had to rush it because of a busy day, so I didn't get everything done, but progress is being made. I do need to cut back the calories a bit though, the last two days I ate 3300+ calories due to the increased hunger brought about by being on an anabolic. The water retention seems to have stabilized and maybe cut back a little bit with the addition of an AI.

Nice numbers on the DB's bro. Adding in the AI is a good move, and that will reflect in drying out some. You should notice that in your appearance

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Bi's tri's and forearms

Felt good to finally do bi's and tri's by themselves for once. I did reach a new record for myself on the EZ Bar with standing curls and that was 8 reps at 115 lbs. Still have not noticed mass increase in the arms but wouldn't expect that in a week. Kept it at 4 pumps again today and not sure if I will go back to 5 or not.

Day 10

Legs (Sorta) and traps

I am noticing that my cardio capacity has gone down a bit due to higher BP and heart rate. Pre-cycle I was able to do a 6:30 minute mile on the treadmill whereas now I struggle to stay at a 7 minute pace for over 3 minutes straight. I couldn't do traditional legs because I have a real bad know in my hip/glute, so I could not squat. I did however do 6 sets at 10 reps of leg extensions and 4 sets of hamstring curls along with some bodyweight squats to stretch. Traps I did about 12 sets of shrugs in various forms, I need to get my mid summer traps back as they have shrunk over the past month or so. Either way besides deminished cardio output the Transaderm seems to be doing a good job, especially with increasing hunger.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah, the increased appetite is for real....

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice bro! That appetite increase can be a good or bad thing I guess depending on your goal. Luckily for me when I start up Transaderm in a couple weeks I will officially be starting my lean bulking season. :D

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Yea I was looking initially to recomp, I may turn it into a lean bulk then recomp the rest of the fall and winter so I can keep my strength gains

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yea I was looking initially to recomp, I may turn it into a lean bulk then recomp the rest of the fall and winter so I can keep my strength gains
I would just bulk to feb-mar. I'm actually going to be bulking for the next year and a half. I'm tired of going back and forth.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would just bulk to feb-mar. I'm actually going to be bulking for the next year and a half. I'm tired of going back and forth.
I'm with you on this one.... I wanna just be big already. After my transaderm log it's strength and size gains all the way lol.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Back

Behind the neck pulldowns triset with side planks and six inches
5x10

Cable Rows triset with hanging leg raises and 1 arm 1 leg planks
4x10

Machine pull up grip rows triset with good mornings and stationary leg raises
4x10

lat pulldowns
2x15

Overall a good day today as I was able to put up some very good numbers and maintain the strength through my workout. I also had good energy and was able to do so HIIT cardio at the end to keep my cardiovascular system in shape. I had a slight headache at the end of HIIT but nothing bad. Im hoping to do chest tomorrow and set some new PR's on 12 rep sets. I think I am going to run 4 day splits now and train my arms seperately so I can really hit em hard while they arent exhausted from other exercises. After my workout today I went to 5 pumps of Transaderm, so we will see how training goes tomorrow

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

Chest and Shoulders

DB Bench Press triset with decline crunches and weighted crunch machine
4x12 last set PR 100'sx11

Incline DB Bench Press triset with planks and crunches
4x12 every set with 75's. Last set could only finish 10 with 2 forced reps

BB decline bench press
3x15

Shoulder shocker
3 sets using 35's and 10's

Day 13 Bi's Tri's forearms and shrugs

Biceps routine

seated EZ bar curl 4x12
seated preacher curl 4x12
standing curl 4x10

Triceps
rope pushdown 16, 14, 8, 6 reps
straight bar pushdown 16, 14, 8, 6
triceps extension machine 4x12

Shrugs
Jump shrugs 3x12
behind back shrugs 3x15
regular shrugs 3x10

forearm curl 3x15

Still having some some high blood pressure issues even with taking COQ10. Estrogen has fallen, but still some retention of water. My weight now is at 189 which is up 3 lbs from the start. Some may be water retention and some may be fat, with mostly muscle gain. My biggest issue is just the pectoral area where fat/water is beginning to show around the nipples again. My set maxes are up, and I have gained size so it is working in terms of strength though.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with you on this one.... I wanna just be big already. After my transaderm log it's strength and size gains all the way lol.
I used to be that way. Last year went from 170 to 200 in 5 months. Problem is getting big quick means getting fat even quicker. I spent 5 months after my bulk cutting to get to where I am now in my Avi. I hate bodyfat with a passion, so I will only lean bulk now. 9-10% bodyfat is as high as I will ever be again and no more big cuts for me. ;)

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Yea I hate body fat too that's why I TRY to stay clean and eat about 200-300 above maintenance even on a bulk but occasionally I slip with the beer and such

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I hate body fat too that's why I TRY to stay clean and eat about 200-300 above maintenance even on a bulk but occasionally I slip with the beer and such

I understand completely bro ;)

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
It's not too bad now either, but when I was in college I never would have been able to run a good log or a serious cycle because every Friday and Saturday I used to knock back about 20 beers per night. Now I may drink 1 or 2 a few times a week.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
It's not too bad now either, but when I was in college I never would have been able to run a good log or a serious cycle because every Friday and Saturday I used to knock back about 20 beers per night. Now I may drink 1 or 2 a few times a week.
Same here. I used to crush it on a friday night...drink a half a fifth and then go to a keg and drink 10-20 and black out....

the good ole days....lol

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Haha those the good days. I miss when my weekends were a blur, but I am a fan of waking up now and not feeling like hell every Saturday and Sunday

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 Off day.

Day 14

Back

Lat Pulldowns
4x10
On 4th set when at failure, drop set. I continued to drop 20 lbs each set and do 4 total drop sets

Bent over row

50lbsx18 reps by 4 sets.
Only had low weights at the gym I was at today because I was out of town so had to make due with 50 lbs.

Ab wheel 4x10 reps with 2 sec hold at full extension
6 inches: 4 sets at 45 seconds

Lat row with straight bar

4x10 with drop sets same as lat pulldowns,

I have always done dropsets but I usually only do my last set as a dropset, but I saw this on AM's articles as a training style and wanted to try it, especially since I had limited equipment. Now that it is the next day I feel somewhat sore too, which is good.

Day 15

Chest and shoulders (2-3 min rest between sets)

DB Bench Press triset with hanging leg raise and calf raises

4x12 regular
4 dropsets starting with 100 LB DB's and drop to 80 for 2nd set, 75 for 3rd and 70 for 4th

Incline DB Press triset with calf raises and reverse crunches
Same method as DB press but highest set with 75's.

standing rows triset with forearm curl and pushups
4x12 with 95 as highest weight

Pec fly machine
130lbsx10
170x10
190x8 downset with 150 and 100

Did 5 minutes of sprints on the exercise bike, and a 10 minute warmup preWO. I had some shoulder weakness in my capsule from sleeping on it several nights in a row. This could be seen as my right shoulder was much weaker on incline benches. I noticed the same issue from dry joints during an H-drol cycle a year ago, so I will up my fish oils to 5 gms a day from 3. BP issues seem to be getting along better unless I consume any caffeine where I almost get a panic attack. This is odd considering I am a heavy caffeine user usually and have normally low BP (108/72) precycle.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout bud ;)

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I like varying my workouts alot so I don't get bored and so my muscles adapt.

Day 16
Arms and traps

Still have a pinched nerve in my glute/hip so can't do legs yet which sucks.

EZ bar seated curl
4x10 last set at 90 lbs

Skull crushers
4x10 last set at 80 lbs

wide grip shrugs
5x10 with downsets after 5th set

BB wide grip curl
3x12 with downsets at end

bar pushdown
16 reps, 14, 8, 6

rope extension
4x10

Im looking for a new arms routine soon as mine is getting bland though. My shrugs were also shortened today because my wrist strap ripped in half, so I just went lighter and did more reps. Either way tomorrow is back day and more cardio so should be a better day

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Notcing some mass increase in my pecs and my shoulders. I have also noticed hardening in my abdominal area even though theres slightly more fat/water there.

Back Day coupled with side ab exercise (forget the name) and squat jumps

Pull ups at body weight, which was 190 today

21, 15, 15, 12, 12

Close grip pull down triset with side planks and jumping side lunges
4xfailure with 2 more sets as downsets after initial 4

Behind head pull down with 1 arm 1 leg planks
160x10 for 4 sets and downset on last set

Cable row couples with Light Deadlifts
4xfailure with downset on last set

Deadlifts were very light due to my back/leg/hip issue, but did em more as a cardio exercise. Things going well for my BP now and an increase in mass can be seen in the mirror. I can say joint pain in the elbows and popping in the shoulders is becoming a hassle now even with increased fish oil consumption.