Formula-X Sponsored Review

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Cheers to Judgement Day and Athletix Sports for the opportunity to do a log of Formula-X. Just getting everything set up for when it arrives!

I gave it a lot of thought i decided to do this run with only Formula-X All of the other logs are of stacks so lets see what happens when run solo. I tried DAA on it's own once prior and did not have all that much to say about it. I seemed to be one of those people who just didn't feel much from it, so i do not think there would be much worry of placebo effects on this one :)

My plan for this run is to have a serving each morning on non training days and then have a serving intrawork out on training days. Lifting routine is a variation on the Steve Reeves' 3 day full body split. I am still recomping / lean bulking following the LG/IF set up.

Primarily I am interested to see how it effects recovery during / post workouts and what effect it has on strength and gaining of LBM.

I have a pretty good idea of what my max weight per number of reps/sets is currently and I am interested to see if the rate of increase changes any. Currently I am at 160 and right around mid 11% body fat.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1st!
In!
Subbed!
Here!
YEEEEHAAA!!! lol

Let me know how you like the taste:)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
My tub just came in the mail!

Inital Thoughts: Damn that is a small tub! It is liek the size of one of those family sized soup cans for a visualization.

I will starting it tomorrow morning

Today must be the day for supps, I also my tub of #beastmode that i won in a supp raffle . #bi-winning?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
mine was dated 9/30 Priority US mail, so you should get it today too I would think!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
day 1

most likely used too much water

The taste is mild - slightly tart hint of sweet , very much like crystal light. Mixes very easily no clumping or granuals after a few shakes.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
day 1

most likely used too much water

The taste is mild - slightly tart hint of sweet , very much like crystal light. Mixes very easily no clumping or granuals after a few shakes.
Yeah kinda tastes like Crystal light lemon, I don't use too much water when mixing it, about 350ml, it has a nice taste with that much.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I tried mixing it using 350 ml of water. taste was maybe slightly stronger, still mixed as cleanly and easily. I kno it is early but i have to say that this has to be the best tasting BCAA product I have tried. Even slightly edges out Recover Pro and that is an awsome product.

Gym day this afternoon - Have a scoop ready for intraworkout!

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.. DAA, LCLT, NAT, and 8:1:1 BCAA's sound very interesting!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried mixing it using 350 ml of water. taste was maybe slightly stronger, still mixed as cleanly and easily. I kno it is early but i have to say that this has to be the best tasting BCAA product I have tried. Even slightly edges out Recover Pro and that is an awsome product.

Gym day this afternoon - Have a scoop ready for intraworkout!
Yeah 8:1:1 ratio tastes gross + NAT and DAA isn't the best tasting bulk ingredients, so I myself is very impressed at the job Athletix has done making this Formula taste great!

Subbed.. DAA, LCLT, NAT, and 8:1:1 BCAA's + amazing taste sounds very interesting!
fixed ;) lol

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I am surprised at the taste for sure. I will say i feel pretty pumped and solid today.. not sure what to attribute it to but it is a good feeling :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
day one at the gym. cant say much yet. lifts were on par with reps / increases in weight. recovery was about normal for everything except my abs, which felt like they could keep going and going. :)

solid pump for sure.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you wanna give it a try pre-workout as well go ahead! I've tried a few different dosings for it, the formula really allows many ways.

Dosing 1- 1 scoop pre-workout

Dosing 2- 1 scoop Intra-workout

Dosing 3- half scoop pre-workout, half scoop intra-workout

Dosing 4- 1 scoop pre-workout, 1 scoop intra

All of them are very effective, at the moment I'm doing half scoop pre-workout, half scoop intra. Long workout sessions I'm doing 1 scoop intra.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I am trying it 1 scoop in the morning every day - and then one intra on work out days. maybe on the weekends i will try taking my frist scoop pre work out and see if it makes much of a difference?

Morning after gym update - feeling fine this morning.. nothing out of the ordinary in terms of muscle soreness. i never usually get bad DOMS so this is not that shocking. still feel nice and solid especially in my shoulders and arms, all in my head i know but still its nice :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am trying it 1 scoop in the morning every day - and then one intra on work out days. maybe on the weekends i will try taking my frist scoop pre work out and see if it makes much of a difference?

Morning after gym update - feeling fine this morning.. nothing out of the ordinary in terms of muscle soreness. i never usually get bad DOMS so this is not that shocking. still feel nice and solid especially in my shoulders and arms, all in my head i know but still its nice :)
If you wanna give that dosing a try go for it, the bottle won't last long, maybe try that dosing for the first week, then stick to intra.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
my problem is i only lift three days a week so would that allow enough time to load up?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
or just take it once a day (intra on traing days?)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my problem is i only lift three days a week so would that allow enough time to load up?
or just take it once a day (intra on traing days?)
No that dosing could do last, it would last a bit longer, it will load up on 1 scoop a day, 2 scoops will do it faster but DAA only takes 12-14 days to load up at 3g a day.

Yeah so try that then, 1 scoop in the mornings on off days. Training days do 1 scoop in the pre-workout, 1 scoop intra.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Well I can't belive it. For the first time in as long as I can remember I over slept. It was a very deep restful sleep though. I did wake up around 4 something.. usually i would be awake from that point onward, but today i went right back to sleep and ended up getting up right about the time I need to get into the shower. Feel wide awake now though :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I can't belive it. For the first time in as long as I can remember I over slept. It was a very deep restful sleep though. I did wake up around 4 something.. usually i would be awake from that point onward, but today i went right back to sleep and ended up getting up right about the time I need to get into the shower. Feel wide awake now though :)
Everyone needs that extra sleep every once and awhile:)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
weekly weigh in time.

Weight is up exactly a pound from last week. Waist is the same or slightly down. #winning! Looking forward to the gym tonight. planning on trying a scoop of #beastmode preworkout tonight.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Great lifting today Felt super pumped and strong :) lifts were slightly heavier - but recovery was amazing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
weekly weigh in time.

Weight is up exactly a pound from last week. Waist is the same or slightly down. #winning! Looking forward to the gym tonight. planning on trying a scoop of #beastmode preworkout tonight.

i usually average a 7lb weight gain on daa...strength also goes up!!! try a scoop of formula-x preworkout, then another post workout-fantastic!!!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i'm loving the results so far. taking straight DAA didn't do all that much for me but so far it seems to be working great!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
considering the lifting i was doing yesterday, not DOMS or other aches to speak of. ENjoying the lovely weather, windows open and there is still a cool breeze :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm loving the results so far. taking straight DAA didn't do all that much for me but so far it seems to be working great!
I took a daa product before and for some reason didn't get too much from it, but when I tried Formula-X I got way better effects, I'm thinking the LCLT really helps to increase the overall effects of DAA.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I'm started to agree - the combo of things is definitely making a difference in effectiveness for me. trow in a PWO every once and a while and you feel unstoppable. now if only my bench would go up :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm started to agree - the combo of things is definitely making a difference in effectiveness for me. trow in a PWO every once and a while and you feel unstoppable. now if only my bench would go up :)
aha I hear ya on the bench!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
nice to sleep in on one extra day off. by sleep in i mean get up around the time i usualy leave for work :)

not much to report today so far.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice to sleep in on one extra day off. by sleep in i mean get up around the time i usualy leave for work :)

not much to report today so far.
7:31am is not sleeping in LOL

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
wicked burn day today. 20ish hour fast broken by some yummy beef with Chinese veggies

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
another one of those weird nights were it felt like i was awake all night, but i knew fell asleep at some point.. feel good though. Would be better with another day off but i have a few more planned in the next few weeks. gym day tonight woot!

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
another one of those weird nights were it felt like i was awake all night, but i knew fell asleep at some point.. feel good though. Would be better with another day off but i have a few more planned in the next few weeks. gym day tonight woot!
Do you think the strange nights could be caused by your formula-x consumption?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I don't think so, I have had it happen plenty of times in the past of and on, so I am pretty sure it is more of a mental / nerves thing than anything.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to note the BCAA's are micronized and due to how lipophlic they are they push away from a lot of the other material in there, very low density so when it is shaken it puffs up. Nothing really you can do but increase particle size and if you do that they are no longer instantized. You can just use a little bit more than normal or pack down the scooper a bit.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Killed it at the gym last night. really went all out I was surprized at some of the weights / reps i was using and hitting. Second set of db benches was the easiest of al three sets for some reason was really hoping I broke through. Getting there at least. ended everything with one set of farmers walk from one end of the gym to the other. Plan on doing more sets over the weeked. (2 maybe 3 depending on how much time i have)

Not sore or anything but I pretty much passed out at 9pm. Feeling fine this morning though. still tired, but this weather (cold damp and rainy) never helps with that.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Also my triceps got more pumped then ever doing dips. by the last few reps they were almost getting int he way of my lats :) felt amazing

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also my triceps got more pumped then ever doing dips. by the last few reps they were almost getting int he way of my lats :) felt amazing
aha nice man, sounds like a killer workout:)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
very fun i must say!

ended up having to go to gnc because if you can believe this - Vitamin Shoppe doesnt carry plain old Creapure Creatine. It is a special order...

Of course they tried to upsell me to get concrete instead..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
very fun i must say!

ended up having to go to gnc because if you can believe this - Vitamin Shoppe doesnt carry plain old Creapure Creatine. It is a special order...

Of course they tried to upsell me to get concrete instead..
They quit pimping CellTech :O....