Blue Gene/Green Mag Log with 5/3/1

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys, I was picked to log Green Mag and Blue Gene by Controlled Labs. Big thanks to Renegade Rows and CL for another logging chance.

Stats:
5'8-5'9
195ish lbs
Bench: 305
Squat: 395
Press: 190
Deadlift: 445

Training style: 5/3/1 "3/5/1"

Diet: Bulking 3500-4000 cals a day, If you want more detail let me know.

Supps:
Orange Triad
Vit D
Mag
Fish Oil
Ala
Taurine
Beta-alanine
Alcar
Xtend
White Flood/Lit-up when I need a boost.

Goals of this log will be to continue to increase strength for my meet in feb. Recover my lower back and left hip flexor. Increase conditioning. Ill be looking to compare green mag to creapure and AEN's new creatine RT. I dont really bloat but ill pay attention to that, stomach issues as mono makes me go, energy and power output, and even endurance since green mag is a designer creatine blend. Im expecting good things from this product and if I notice anything else im comment on it. As for blue gene, I have no idea what to expect, compare it to, or to try to get out of it. So this will be a fun product to test and im looking forward to it.

Also if you guys want anymore info or pics let me know.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10/1/11
Green Mag- 1 scoop 30min Pre-wo
Deadlift
Wave A 70/80/90x3
Workout:
Deadlifts
45x5
135x5
225x5
275x3
70-315x3
80-355x3
90-405x3
Single Legged Squats
30x10/10
40x10/10
45x10/10
50x10/10
60x10/10
Goodmornings+Glute Hams
95x10/5
115x10/5
135x10/5
155x10/5
175x10/5
Leg Raises
4/6/4/7/5
Side Bends+Ab/Adductors
25x12/12+70x15/90x15
35x12/12+90x15/90x15
Conditioning: Prowler Low Handles 90lbs+60lb duck walk+prowler high handles 90lbs+50lbs fat grips farmers walks, 10min worth.
Notes: Decided to run green mag for 20 days solo before adding in the blue gene to see what each product does on its own. So just 1 scoop Green mag today 30min pre-wo. Great session, no pre-wo creatine poop, no bloat, and i got a great energy boost from it. Taste is also very nice :)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10/3/11
Green Mag-1 scoop 30min pre-wo
Bench
Wave B 65/75/85x3 (modified deload)
Workout:
Chins
20 Bw
Bench+Chins
45x5/Bw+1 Chainx5
95x5/Bw+1 Chainx5
135x5/Bw+1 Chainx5
175x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
65-200x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
75-230x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
85-260x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
Floor Press
135+2 Chainsx12
135+4 Chainsx10
135+6 Chainsx9
Pullovers+Facepulls
80x15/60x15
100x15/80x15
100x15/100x15
Rolling Tricep Ext+Spider Curls
20x15/45x15
30x15/65x10
40x10/65x10
Conditioning: Prowler Push low handles 90lbs+BB Shrugs 135x10+Prowler Push high handles 90lbs+Medicine Ball Slam 5 reps. Rest, repeat for 10min.
Notes: Another Great session. I really like the taste of green mag, the natural energy and no stomach issues. Seems to be a great product, excited for the rest of my sessions. Only hit a modified deload on bench today bc of some training issues making this bench cycle extra long. Still felt amazingly strong.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. How have your PRs been coming along lately?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed, my god you have some mean numbers.

Love your programming.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed. How have your PRs been coming along lately?
Well my bench is coming along nicely. Hitting a lot of Prs in it as my form improves and my upper back strength increases. Also my press is improving with Prs, thx to form and and tricep strength. Sadly my squat and deadlift took a hit as I had a strain in my left hip flexor and I tweaked my lower back bc of my hip flexor preventing me from sitting back like I needed too. I took a step back in both lifts to work on form and do some rehab. And currently all my main sets of squats are done in a single ply squat suit to support my hip while I rehab it. Also imma try to get some vids of my squat and deadlift.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed, my god you have some mean numbers.

Love your programming.
Thanks man. The program I use is 5/3/1 by jim wendler. Lets see these numbers increase over the weeks.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, this is great, feeling the Green MAG working already.
VERY nice numbers so far
"OMG" once you add in Blue Gene :eek:

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
The log is looking good so far. I've used three bottles of Blue Gene in the past and a couple tubs of Green Mag. You're gunna love 'em both. Blue Gene always made me feel awesome, all day everyday.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well my bench is coming along nicely. Hitting a lot of Prs in it as my form improves and my upper back strength increases. Also my press is improving with Prs, thx to form and and tricep strength. Sadly my squat and deadlift took a hit as I had a strain in my left hip flexor and I tweaked my lower back bc of my hip flexor preventing me from sitting back like I needed too. I took a step back in both lifts to work on form and do some rehab. And currently all my main sets of squats are done in a single ply squat suit to support my hip while I rehab it. Also imma try to get some vids of my squat and deadlift.
Your quad work looks good, but supersetting GM with GHR is limiting them. You can arguably say that the GM is the best builder of both the squat and deadlift (I especially correlate the deadlift with them). GHR is also extremely important and should be done at every lower body session. I almost use them in the same fashion that I implement facepulls for upper body. You can do them before the squat to loosen up the posterior chain and to really establish the M-M connection with the area.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your quad work looks good, but supersetting GM with GHR is limiting them. You can arguably say that the GM is the best builder of both the squat and deadlift (I especially correlate the deadlift with them). GHR is also extremely important and should be done at every lower body session. I almost use them in the same fashion that I implement facepulls for upper body. You can do them before the squat to loosen up the posterior chain and to really establish the M-M connection with the area.
Thanks man. It more or less was I was squatting way to wide without support putting a lot of pressure on my weak hip flexors. So I brought my stance in a lil more to take more advantage of my quads. I do GHR every lower body session too, i use bands and the such to either increase of decrease the lift depending on the day. But I will try them pre-lift to see how it goes. How are your PRs? You got a log on here anywhere?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do you set up your supplementary work?
I always have on upper days:
Accessory Press after bench/press
Row Movement, sometimes do pullovers here
Upper Back movement
Tricep movement
Bicep movement
Chins inbetween pressing sets
Conditioning

Lower:
Quad work
Hamstring work
Core work
Conditioning

Since i do 3/5/1 I rotate my volume
3 week is high volume accessory
5 week is low volume accessory
5/3/1 week is high volume accessory
deload is low volume accessory

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man. It more or less was I was squatting way to wide without support putting a lot of pressure on my weak hip flexors. So I brought my stance in a lil more to take more advantage of my quads. I do GHR every lower body session too, i use bands and the such to either increase of decrease the lift depending on the day. But I will try them pre-lift to see how it goes. How are your PRs? You got a log on here anywhere?
I'm transitioning to a conjugate system right now. I haven't attempted any PRs recently, but I can definitely tell that my bench would be higher just by technique improvements. I don't have a log right now (I'm keeping track on an Excel spreadsheet), but might start a new one after PCT is over, which will be in another 3 weeks.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The log is looking good so far. I've used three bottles of Blue Gene in the past and a couple tubs of Green Mag. You're gunna love 'em both. Blue Gene always made me feel awesome, all day everyday.
Subbed, this is great, feeling the Green MAG working already.
VERY nice numbers so far
"OMG" once you add in Blue Gene :eek:
Im excited to say the least. Im just not a fan of using more then 1 new product at once, bc then I cant tell what is doing what. Cant wait till day 20.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm transitioning to a conjugate system right now. I haven't attempted any PRs recently, but I can definitely tell that my bench would be higher just by technique improvements. I don't have a log right now (I'm keeping track on an Excel spreadsheet), but might start a new one after PCT is over, which will be in another 3 weeks.
Ill be doing the same after this meet is over. I just wont be rotating my ME lift as much since I still need to learn how to bench, squat, and deadlift lol. What did you cycle?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill be doing the same after this meet is over. I just wont be rotating my ME lift as much since I still need to learn how to bench, squat, and deadlift lol. What did you cycle?
Test E (500mg/week; 20 weeks), Deca (300mg/week; 14 weeks), Var (50mg/day; 4 weeks), and Ultradrol (8mg/day; 3 weeks) at the end. I used hCG on cycle and am running Clomid, Sustain Alpha, Toco-8, TCF-1, and HGHpro for PCT.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10/4/11
Green Mag-1 scoop 30min pre-wo in my tumbler with ice :) yum
Squat
Wave B 65/75/85x5
Workout:
Squat
45x5,5
95x5
135x5,5 very tight today in the low back, loosing it up and taking my time today
185x5
225x3
Suit
225x3, couldnt hit depth lol i prefer to raw squat
65-255x5
75-295x5
85-335x7 finally in the groove and had a good session
GHR+RDLs
Bw-Bandx10/95x12
Bw-Bandx10/95x12
Bw-Bandx10/115x12
Standing Cable Crunches to the front and sides in a tri-set
150x15,12,12
150x15,12,12
150x15,12,12
Conditioning/Quad Work: Prowler High handles 270lbs for 10min. There were two points in this where i couldnt breath, could barly see, couldnt stand. Only one thing was important after this...AIR
Notes: Another great session. Finally got a good groove on squats. Anyone that talks bad about lifting in gear has never done it. Its harder in its own way. Im enjoying the green mags taste and effects so far. Also i got my rehband knee sleeves in and got to use them this session. They were really nice and helped my knees stay warm and comfy the whole session lol

Heres pretty much what i looked like at the end.

http://youtu.be/3TN8fNHVvJc

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Test E (500mg/week; 20 weeks), Deca (300mg/week; 14 weeks), Var (50mg/day; 4 weeks), and Ultradrol (8mg/day; 3 weeks) at the end. I used hCG on cycle and am running Clomid, Sustain Alpha, Toco-8, TCF-1, and HGHpro for PCT.
I bet you got some good mass and strength outta that one. Plus pretty bloated ;)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout man!!
That's a strong 5s day.

Strong though I must say. Ghrs are some good sh!t. Strong squat too. Lol.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great numbers on these lifts.

I've done some floor flopping too :D lol

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not as much bloat as you would think. Paleo really keeps the bloat down and I added a tremendous amount to my total (nearly 200 lbs).
One day when im not a super broke and busy college kid I will switch to this diet. Unless you got some tips? But 200lbs is nice man, esp in 20 weeks

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice workout man!!
That's a strong 5s day.

Strong though I must say. Ghrs are some good sh!t. Strong squat too. Lol.
My squat was about 50lbs stronger before I got injured. I had to back off to rest. I hate GHRS lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One day when im not a super broke and busy college kid I will switch to this diet. Unless you got some tips? But 200lbs is nice man, esp in 20 weeks
Buy in bulk and shop early at grocery stores.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotcha man, is rice a loud on paleo? Can you link to the carb sources again. I wanna switch over.
Just try to eat a non inflammatory diet by avoiding all things processed and any foods that don't agree with you. Primarily avoid grains, but some have found that white rice is the least gut irritable out of all the grains and can handle them. Just remember it's still a fast carb so if you wanna avoid the insulin spike and high oxidation you should stick to veggies and fiberful fruits. And maybe some sweet potato.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Man your workouts look mean, more power to you :thumbsup:

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey thanks, Im trying to do the damn thang lol

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10/6/11
Green Mag-1 scoop 30min pre-wo
Press
Wave B 65/75/85x5
Workout:
Chins
Bwx5,5,5,5
Press+Chins
45x5/Bw+1 Chainx5
95x5/Bw+1 Chainx5
115x3/Bw+1 Chainx5
65-125x5/Bw+2 Chainsx5
75-145x5/Bw+2 Chainsx5
85-160x5 (couldnt get my core tight) pause, a slap in the face, some self put downs and 5 deep breaths later I was under the bar again and got 2 more reps. Pr. Chins-Bw+2 Chainsx5, drop the Bwx9
Dips
Bw+50lbsx10
Bw+75lbsx10
Bw+100lbsx9 Pr
Barbell Rows
185x10
225x10
225x10
100 rep Tate Press+Ez Bar Curls Oh and Uh+Pullaparts
15x25+45x8/8+30
25x25+45x8/8+30
25x25+45x8/8+30
30x25+45x8/8+30
Ytl's
15x1 horribly painful max set.
Conditioning: Hang Cleans 115lbsx5+Prowler Low handles 90lbs+Standing Oh Press Rack Lockouts 95lbsx5+Prowler High handles 90lbs. Rest and repeat for 10min. This was horrible, I would almost pass out everytime I went to the press lockouts. I did some more floor flopping again today...for the recovery aspect of course.
Notes: Another day in paradise. This session was intense, I hit some Prs and moved some weight. Feeling good and strong on Green Mag, still no stomach issues.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man that's a crazy workout. Then conditioning? DAMN!

Notice increased cardio health on the GM? I know the research on creatine is GREAT. just that a lot of times I feel we just don't absorb the product well... Like bulk creatine does JACK for me... I feel anyway. I can tell the difference from when I have creatine in preworkout vs when I just take my bulk powder.... yet I still take my bulk powder haha. Makes me feel better.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man that's a crazy workout. Then conditioning? DAMN!

Notice increased cardio health on the GM? I know the research on creatine is GREAT. just that a lot of times I feel we just don't absorb the product well... Like bulk creatine does JACK for me... I feel anyway. I can tell the difference from when I have creatine in preworkout vs when I just take my bulk powder.... yet I still take my bulk powder haha. Makes me feel better.
Thanks man, I do conditioning 4 times a week now. Its a must have.

And Idk yet, Ive noticed I dont have to poo about 15-20min after taking green mag like I do mono. But cardio wise Ive have been pushing harder, but Im anything but fresh when it comes to that lol. Just mix your bulk with your pre-wo?

Btw dont you have a log for CL too? Is it up?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man, I do conditioning 4 times a week now. Its a must have.

And Idk yet, Ive noticed I dont have to poo about 15-20min after taking green mag like I do mono. But cardio wise Ive have been pushing harder, but Im anything but fresh when it comes to that lol. Just mix your bulk with your pre-wo?

Btw dont you have a log for CL too? Is it up?
VERY SOON.
I'm logging White flood. My box from Hawaii should be coming soon. (I live in Japan so I had to have the supp shipped to Hawaii first then to me in Japan.) I can't wait to be honest. I really was IN with the preworkouts...but had a mess of crappy tasting ones... then ones that didn't agree with me... dang... I'm doing sport specific training now so I'm looking for something that'll give me cardio, endurance and max force... so basically everything lol. Want me to leave a link in here when I get it started for ya?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
VERY SOON.
I'm logging White flood. My box from Hawaii should be coming soon. (I live in Japan so I had to have the supp shipped to Hawaii first then to me in Japan.) I can't wait to be honest. I really was IN with the preworkouts...but had a mess of crappy tasting ones... then ones that didn't agree with me... dang... I'm doing sport specific training now so I'm looking for something that'll give me cardio, endurance and max force... so basically everything lol. Want me to leave a link in here when I get it started for ya?
Yea man. I ran white flood for CL in my last log. I used it for focus mainly.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hope I get some good results with it :D
You will. And I'm positive you'll enjoy the taste of it, unlike others you've tried. The new flavoring system has really blown people away

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If he got watermelon he will be happy

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10/8/11
Green Mag-1 Scoop 30min pre-wo
Deadlifts
Wave B 65/75/85x5
Workout:
Deadlift
45x5
135x5
185x3
225x3
65-290x5
75-335x5
85-385x5 I set up each rep as if its own set. Im trying to work on my form. If you deadlift I recommend you try this, easiest 380 has ever felt.
Lunges
50lb Dbs for 3 sets
Reverse Hypers (Used a roman chair with a green bad going towards out legs with another band around our ankels)
4 sets of 20, most painful ham/post chain lift ive ever done.
Leg Raises
3 sets of 12, feet to bar
Side Bends with Walking side steps black bands.
20x15, both legs
25x15, both legs
Conditioning: Prowler Low handles 90lbs+135lb BB Shrugs for 10+Prowler High handles 90lb+50lb Farmers walk with fat gripz. 10min of this and the session was over.
Notes: I was good to go until I did the reverse hypers then the floor flopping started. Im dead and ready to load up on cals. Green Mag helped with focus today. Thank god bc this session was hellish. Recovery is good btw.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man your workouts make me sore lol. And embarrass me lol.
I better just work on strength. I feel so weak reading this lol. You definitely motivate though. :)

Keep up the good work man!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man your workouts make me sore lol. And embarrass me lol.
I better just work on strength. I feel so weak reading this lol. You definitely motivate though. :)

Keep up the good work man!
Thanks man! I love what I do, and wouldnt trade any of it for anything. If you love bbing then do that.

Was that your first go with Reverse Hypers?
Yea it was. It was quite the experience. Have you done them before?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man! I love what I do, and wouldnt trade any of it for anything. If you love bbing then do that.

Yea it was. It was quite the experience. Have you done them before?
Nah. I used to love bb'ing. I also remember saying that it don't matter what the weight is on the bar just matter how many abs are showing. I long for the abs but now as a fighter I really am understanding how worthless or even detrimental my ten plus years of moving weight slow and moving lighter weights were.
Haha. Well hindsight is always 20/20.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nah. I used to love bb'ing. I also remember saying that it don't matter what the weight is on the bar just matter how many abs are showing. I long for the abs but now as a fighter I really am understanding how worthless or even detrimental my ten plus years of moving weight slow and moving lighter weights were.
Haha. Well hindsight is always 20/20.
Id recommend you try out joe defrancos westside for skinny bastards v3. It has ME work, DE work, RE work, and is made for athletes not just powerlifters.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id recommend you try out joe defrancos westside for skinny bastards v3. It has ME work, DE work, RE work, and is made for athletes not just powerlifters.
You know I always thought I was a fat bastard... so I looked into the WSFFB. Its a theorethical program. But then I thought to myself... im not really a fat bastard as I have almost 4 abs and some side veins... I'm making a program now for recomp. I might add some of the DE, and RE for my current program as for the rep ranges and over all programming there is weak I think. I will update my new log when i get the white flood in (still in the mail from my home in Hawaii, should be here this week though). I'm doing 2 static holds per workout, and hitting up 2 Super Sets of compounds. Im thinking the current program I am following doesnt have enough accessory (probably because its not really made for power liftters, or athletes who are geared towards performance). I might add in one day of accessory and I am doing one day of movement. (just in the park I recently found nearby). Thanks Ill give it a look. Might consider running something similar to it later. Just for ideas. But the program I am running with now is what I will be using for the next 8-10 weeks, or as long as I can milk gains off of it ;)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds good man. Most of what your doing is over my head lol.