MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I want to thank Purus Labs for hooking me up with the new flavor of Muscle Marinade. Cherry Limeade... you know it just sounds good don't even try to deny it!

This log will be focusing on the effects, taste and workouts produced by the Muscle Marinade. I will have my workouts posted up in here and be as descriptive as I can about the effects of the product. <br><br>Muscle Marinade is an interesting product in that it has some seriously effective doses of the ingredients used in it per scoop. None of that just put the ingredient on the label to get attention crap you see a lot of other companies doing.

I am excited to be running it and am kicking this bad boy off right now.

First Dose : I took a half scoop of the Cherry Limeade Muscle Marinade  about 20 minutes pre workout. I am somewhat sensitive to stims and today was cardio so I figure I would use this as a feeler dose to see what I may want to try on my lift tomorrow.

I was actually impressed with the taste of this. I have heard a couple complaints regarding another flavor of Muscle Marinade and the fact you could really taste the EAA's. Anyone who has taken these knows the EAA's are pretty bitter. Well I mixed the half schoop with about 5 oz of water and was really happy that what I was drinking tasted very good. The bottle says to use around 10-12 oz for a whole scoop so I was very happy.

Stim Effect - This stuff has some major power in the stim area. I think the half scoop was equal to what I get out of most products at 1.5 scoops. Energy never crashed on me and even now after having a couple cups of coffee and 13 hours later I am still very energetic so truly no crash from it at half a scoop. I think tomorrow I will try 3/4 and see if it is too much stim or just enough.

Today was a cardio day and I took my non boyant backside into the water yet again. As a matter of fact today I skipped on the jump rope warm up because I had some tightness in the back of my knee so I swam 15 minutes longer than normal. Holy Crap what a workout swimming is. Especially when you don't float at all. It is like 45 minutes of wind sprints! I swam up the length of the pool alternated between side stepping on both sides, and jogging both backwards and or forward on the way back. I did 28 total laps and I still had penty of energy when I was done. Although admittedly I was pretty winded once I caught my breath it would have been nothing to go into another part of the workout.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
fu** ya bro, sounds awesome. im startin mine tomorrow prolly, cannot wait. sub'd!!!!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
another good run I feel is coming up.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's see what this stuff brings to the banquet table.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Marinade ... this is some strong shyte if it's the same formula....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First Weight Workout

Morning Supps - Muscle Marinade - 3/4 scoop pre workout with 6 grams BCAA from RecoverPro

Post workout - 6 grams BCAA from RecoverPro, after shower 6 pumps Transaderm and some skelly balm on shoulders and elbows.

I don't have much time so here is a pic of my log book from this morning. Everything was 15 reps except for the Wall Crawls which the surface of the wall was to slippery to continue them after 10 reps and me sweating already. Wall has decorative brushed stainless steel and hands were really slipping. I will change these to burpees /squat thrusts next week.

I was sweating like a mofo by the time this was done. I was really surprised how much the thermo effect of this really had me going for sweating. Energy was sick, I had plenty of it and can't wait to really put it to the test on some compound movements but this morning it definitely did the trick! Even with only a few sets on each exercise my shoulders and chest were really pumped up. On Saturday I will bite the bullet and do a whole scoop. The fact I did not crash at any point today was great, and the energy although consuming was not ever a jittery or too much feeling. Just a crap load of energy at my disposal.

So far I am impressed and honestly love the flavor.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flavor goes a long way. :)

Also, looks like the energy is there along with the focus. Keep killing it bro!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy Thermogenic Properties BatMan!

Morning dose 3/4 scoop of Cherry Limeade Muscle Marinade 20 minutes prior to workout.

So today was a cardio day, I did the treadmill for 45 minutes and burned 577 calories.

Did weighted crunches on machine, 90 x15, 115x15, 115x15
Ab cruncher / 15 to each side and center was one set did 2 sets non stop.

I was sweating like a beast, I mean dripping everywhere. I think I was 10 or so minutes into my walk when I had to wipe my head for the first time due to dripping however I streamed sweat from that moment on. I mean I was just running water type sweating. My tshirt was completely soaked and my shorts were too. I had to towel off my head almost on a non stop basis. Majoer thermogenic properties and as you can tell by me almost hitting 600 cals I was working hard on that walk but my energy did not suffer. My legs got tired a little from the uphill struggle but I had drive to just keep going.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Morning Supps - Muscle Marinade - 3/4 scoop pre workout with 6 grams BCAA from RecoverPro

Post workout - 6 grams BCAA from RecoverPro, after shower 6 pumps Transaderm and some skelly balm on shoulders and elbows.

I don't have much time so here is a pic of my log book from this morning. Everything was 15 reps except for the Wall Crawls which the surface of the wall was to slippery to continue them after 10 reps and me sweating already. Wall has decorative brushed stainless steel and hands were really slipping. I will change these to burpees /squat thrusts next week.

I was sweating like a mofo by the time this was done. I was really surprised how much the thermo effect of this really had me going for sweating. Energy was sick, I had plenty of it and can't wait to really put it to the test on some compound movements but this morning it definitely did the trick! Even with only a few sets on each exercise my shoulders and chest were really pumped up. On Saturday I will bite the bullet and do a whole scoop. The fact I did not crash at any point today was great, and the energy although consuming was not ever a jittery or too much feeling. Just a crap load of energy at my disposal.

So far I am impressed and honestly love the flavor.
Noticed the post-workout consisting of only BCAAs.. is it fair to assume your still on dat dere Lean Gains huh? Nice to see you are still having success with it bud

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Workout 3 first full scoop

Pre Workout - 1 full scoop of Cherry Limeade Muscle Marinade - First time for full dose and I don't foresee a need to go any higher than this. I may even go back down to a lower dose. The difference was not overly noticeable between 3/4 and a full, meaning that it was just fine at 3/4 and I may be able to stretch out the use a while longer if I do this.

The Workout -

Pull Ups - (Warmed up on pull downs) 165x8, Pull Ups - BWx8, BW+25 x8, BW+25 x8 > Chins BWx5 - these work sets were a little easier this week than last, I also got an extra 2 reps on the drop set to BW chins.

Standing Military Press - 95x8, 135x8, 155x8, 155x10 > 115x6 - Nice increase here on reps! I only got 7 reps on my second set of 155 last week and got 10 this week. I felt I could have went up a little in weight so I pushed for more reps and got them. I also had 10 more lbs on the drop set this week and still got 2 more reps there. Strength is definitely up.

Curls - 75x8, 125x4, 105x10 > 75x5 - This was a different set scheme last time I started at 125 and got 8 then dropped immediately. Here obviously I tired the biceps out a little with that first set and then skewed things with the second. I think next week I will start with 110-115 and see where I can progress from there to get a better read on what is happening here.

Dead Lifts - 225x8, 315x8, 375x8, 380x9 > 315x3 - It has been 2 weeks since I dead lifted last. In that time MAJOR improvements have taken place here. My 3rd set then was 365x8, so up 10lb there, 4rth was 275x5, so up 5 lbs here and 4 reps, considering I did the weght I did before for only 5 on the first really heavy work set, and then went up to get 4 more reps than I could with it last week at a lower weight I am REALLY impressed with this.

General Comments - First lets talk about the extra stamina, I can say I am also using a DHEA product in Transaderm however I feel that the full dose of Beta Alanine is partially responsible for some of the extra reps I saw this workout. Either way I had an excellent workout and felt great the entire time. I never crashed on energy and once again I really have to mention the added thermogenic effect from this product that my not be the focus of the product but the increase in cAMP from the Geranium is pretty much off the charts. No need for a secondary diet pill or anything.

Noticed the post-workout consisting of only BCAAs.. is it fair to assume your still on dat dere Lean Gains huh? Nice to see you are still having success with it bud
That would definitely be fair. For me intermittent fasting is where it is at as far as a lifestyle diet goes. I am not saying it is the end all be all but it suits me to a T.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2nd Weight workout on the Marinade!

Pre Workout dose of 3/4 scoop of Muscle Marinade. I have to say I am really enjoying the muscle marinade so far. The flavor is enjoyable and I don't even need a full scoop to get what I need out of it. I was holding a bit of water earlier in the log but today my vascularity during the workout was really kicking in. I had tons of energy and just pushed right through my workout like a bull dozer stuck in drive. Even though I train fasted I am actually getting a pretty good pump which is always nice.

Bench - 135x8, 225x8, 250x8, 255x6 > 205x3 - I got an 6 last time with 250 and 255 is the highest I have been since surgery.

HS Rows - 45x8, 90x8, 95x8, 100x10>55x10 - I didn't try to go up on these this time I just made sure to have nice clean pulls and get a good contraction. I hit back thickness pretty hard on the Dead lifts which is where my strength effort is on the back thickness at this point. These are just for added volume and good muscle contraction through a full range of motion.

Dips- BW+90x8, BW+90x10, BW+90x10 > BWx12 - Added volume and shoulders are feeling the cold weather the dips were aggravating them a little bit. I figured the extra volume would take care of them and it sure did.

Squats - 135x12, 225x12, 245x12, 275x12 > Front squats 135x12 Just wanted to do something a little different here. The front squats acually felt really good too. I may see about doing them instead for a little bit. @75x12 was the highest I have been since my hip issue. Not bad at all and no hip pain.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I didn't get a chance to post up in here the past few days. I apologize for that. Here is a multiple day update to make up for what I have missed.

The workout on the 6th was an accessory day. Here is the workout very little rest and was in and out in less than 35 minutes once warmed up. Was sweating something fierce when it was all said and done and was PUMPED TO THE GILLS!

Now for todays update.

I will more than likely be doing a deload or strategic de-conditioning week next week. I have been pushing myself pretty hard and hitting a lot of increases in weight recently and my joints are starting to feel it. Not anything alarming but it is time to take the week and take care of them.

I think we will do a circuit of push ups, DB Swings, body weight rack chins, and hindu squats maybe 15-20 reps of each and 4 or 5 sets then walk it out on the treadmill and finish with some abs. Jo can maybe do 10 on the upper body stuff cuz I know her she won't do girl push ups.

Also more likely than not we will do 2 circuits a week Tues and Thurs and lift heavy on Saturdays for a while since the focus is going to be leaning up a bit more. As for this weekend I am eating. I plan on really dropping the hammer on cutting up the next few weeks so I might as well really enjoy some grub and a few drinks this weekend.

Todays workout was pretty good but I went a little lighter and did a few more reps as well as used machines for shoulders and curls. I went lighter on legs because my knees feel a little creaky. Must be hard work and change in the weather combined but my legs are fine so not sweating it.

Pull Ups - - warm up with 165x12 on lat pull down, BWx10, BWx10, BWx10>BW-100x6 delt good the added reps wore me out not feeling awesome today either.

Life Fitness Shoulder Press Machine - 80x12, 140x12, 155x9, 140x11>80x6 - Shoulders had a massive pump and triceps were swole up nicely too.

Life Fitness Arm Curl (preacher) - 95x12, 95x12, 95x12 > 50x7 had a nice pump really concentrated on contraction with everything I did today. Arms were looking massive after this.

Leg Press - (weight per side) - 3p x15, 4p x15, 5p x15, 5p+25 x35 - I didn't see a need to do a strip set here so I just pushed it until it got extremely hard to get more reps. Considering the slower tempo 35 reps isn't too bad with that weight. Felt great and the pump was ridiculous.

Even though I went into this fasted I had a great pump going on today. I was rather impressed with it since I only used 3/4 scoop of the Muscle Marinade. I continue to enjoy the flavor of the product and obviously the energy and pump factor is huge with this product. I was not feeling well today and it allowed me to drag my ass into the gym and still get a nice lift in.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
looks like ur log is goin good. im noticing strength gains in everything so far and luvin. luvin the results bro, keep it up

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay I have several workouts to update. Sorry that I have been absent for a bit. I have been getting my ass kicked at work and barely able to get around to this log. Although I have to wander if I am almost alone here. ;) Thanks for following along PhatMike!

10/10/10 - Cardio day
I did the elliptical for 55 minutes and a 5 minute cool down 748 cals. Man that Muscle Marinade is fugging awesome for intensity and endurance during cardio!!!!

10/11/11
I decided that instead of a full on Deload I was going to do my giant set circuit. It is several compound lifts done 20 reps at a time no rest moving from one exercise right into the next. Heaviest weight lifted was 22.5 lbs and it felt heavy as a mofo by the end. I was dripping sweat and hating / loving life by the end.

10/12/11 - Cardio Day
Ellipitical 40 minutes with a 5 minute cool down and 548 calories. Once again Muscle Marinade kicked ass! I am using 3/4 scoop for my cardio now too and just kicking ass and taking names.

10/13/11
This was yesterday's workout for lack of a better place to put it. Just getting into this one and using much lower weight. Next week I will go up to 27.5 or 30 for the bigger lifts and stay at 17.5 on the smaller ones which was an increase from Tuesdays 15 lbs. I was sweating like a working whore in church by about halfway through this beast. I finished it up in a total of 29 minutes.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Workout for 10-16-11

I will say this I don't know if it was being outside in a little heat or just all the high reps but things got hard out there. Both Jo and I were completely soaked by the time we finished the workout. My daughter decided she wanted to keep her own log book and work out with us more often so we will more than likely do more of out Saturday workouts at home so she can be involved. I had to laugh she went out and dead lifted the EZ Curl Bar with 35 lbs for 10 reps then 2 more sets of 5. Just like her Momma she didn't want to stop when I told her to. Although she didn't say anything about being sore this morning. LOL Kids are so resilient.

I take all of my test boosting supps in one dose at night as directed accept for the DAA that is in the Formula X this is taken with my Mucsle Marinade at 20-30 minutes prior to lifting. Yesterday it ended up being about 45-50 minutes before because household things kept us going until we finally just said lets get out there before something else comes up.

To clarify a few things where Trinity was writing my stuff down
EZ curls -105x10, 125x6 rp2,rp2
CG Bench 135x10, 205x10 rp3, rp2.5 the wife had to help me lock it out.
S.L.D. 135x10, 185x10, 275x10 rp6, rp1 - I had a couple more in me but since I knew I had squats coming up and had not intended on doing them when i wrote the program I knew I could not completely toast my back before getting under the bar for squats.
Squats - 135x12, 185x12, 245x12, 265x12, Widow Maker 225x20 my lower back was ready to be done before my legs but but everything was tired.

If we continue to do the Saturday workouts at home I will change the leg excercises up a bit. Where leg press should be I think Front squats, Barbell Hack Squats or close stance trap bar dead lifts done from a box or will be done instead. I like the idea of making a 2-3 inch high platform to stand on so i can get deeper into the trap bar dead lift actually out of all of those options. Just something to get close to or under parralel.

I had one hell of a pump after this workout and my stamina was really good considering how hot it was in the garage, not like it has been outside but still 87 degrees with no breeze is enough to sapp some of your energy. I am really loving the energy and stamina this provides. Especially when I just done feel like hitting it at first I come out and kill it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10-18-11 Circuit 1

The cold front came in today and man did it let my shoulder know it was here. All day yesterday I was creaking and thought just maybe I had done a little too much but then I woke up today and the high is 75 and it is windy as ll get out and I was like OH OKAY... WHEW! No sooner than I warmed the old shoulder up it lubed up and started feeling better.

Pre Workout Supps - 3/4 Scoop Muscle Marinade, 1 Scoop Formula X

My typical warm up consists of 5 minutes on the elliptical at level 14, this one has the handles too so I use the higher resistance to warm up my shoulders as well as my entire body. After this I hold 5 lb weights and do 15 large circles in each direction 15 small circles in each direction and 2x15 on external rotations for my shoulders. Once I was done with this I was ready to go and shoulder was feeling nice and loose.

I obviously didn't know what day it was today by the date at the top of the page. LOL This week was an increas of 5 lbs on the bigger moves and 2.5 on the smaller ones. It may not sound like much but that is a little over a 1000 lb increase in volume this week, and I got through it in only a minute longer time span.

Some comments regarding the supplement: I have been thooughly pleased with the energy and intensity I get from the product. These circuits I have been doing are pretty intense in nature. Very hard to complete with no rest and thus far I have not had to stop and take an actual break yet. I am also experience good pumps considering the workouts are done fasted that is pretty impressive.​

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man yoru workouts make me sweat just reading um lol.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris you got some serious weights you are moving now, you are ahead of me again! Must step up the game.