PCT (aka healing my broken @$$ back) with Anabeta, Erase, and Adamantium

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This was meant to be a PCT log to my 5aOHP/7KE/M1D black stack and it still will be. However, I completely messed up my back during the last week of that cycle while trying to go too heavy on deadlifts. So this will partially be a rehab log as well.

I have been taking Anabeta (4 spread throughout the day), Erase (2 in the morning and 1 at night), and Adamantium (before bed on cardio days and with my pre-workout drink on lifting days). These past two weeks I have been focused on walking upright lol and thanks to using a brace and getting rest I'm making progress. The past several days I was able to do some more stretching and cardio.

Thank you to PES for hooking me up with the Anabeta!

Today was my first day back in the gym and I was able to do chest, delts, and triceps. I'm taking it fairly easy and sticking to machines so that I don't end up on my back again. I also decided to throw Cissus into the mix to hopefully speed up the healing process.

My overall goal is first to heal and second to maintain the great progress that I made over the past 6 weeks in the other log. Tomorrow will be cardio, followed by a back and bicep day. Any suggestions for leg day would be greatly appreciated as squats and deadlifts are out of the question for the near future, although hopefully I can get back into them soon.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This was meant to be a PCT log to my 5aOHP/7KE/M1D black stack and it still will be. However, I completely messed up my back during the last week of that cycle while trying to go too heavy on deadlifts. So this will partially be a rehab log as well.I have been taking Anabeta (4 spread throughout the day), Erase (2 in the morning and 1 at night), and Adamantium (before bed on cardio days and with my pre-workout drink on lifting days). These past two weeks I have been focused on walking upright lol and thanks to using a brace and getting rest I'm making progress. The past several days I was able to do some more stretching and cardio.Thank you to PES for hooking me up with the Anabeta!Today was my first day back in the gym and I was able to do chest, delts, and triceps. I'm taking it fairly easy and sticking to machines so that I don't end up on my back again. I also decided to throw Cissus into the mix to hopefully speed up the healing process.My overall goal is first to heal and second to maintain the great progress that I made over the past 6 weeks in the other log. Tomorrow will be cardio, followed by a back and bicep day. Any suggestions for leg day would be greatly appreciated as squats and deadlifts are out of the question for the near future, although hopefully I can get back into them soon.
You sir, my great debater adversary (master-debater?) Have my full interest peaked and I shall follow along.What was your diagnosis? I ask because of the lowering effect of erase on both estrogen and cort, both of which may be beneficial to you depending ong you diagnosis.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You sir, my great debater adversary (master-debater?) Have my full interest peaked and I shall follow along.What was your diagnosis? I ask because of the lowering effect of erase on both estrogen and cort, both of which may be beneficial to you depending ong you diagnosis.
Lol.Hey bud. I did consider those factors and didn't go to my doctor so no official diagnosis. I had one of my med school friends doing her residency take a look, so I got an unofficial one. It's just a muscle strain and is getting better or else I would have gone. I've just never hurt my lower back this bad before, but now that I'm 35 I imagine this is what happens lol.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In to see Alek and DAams get along lol :)
Lol! We get along...just agree to disagree on arginine:p

Today was some morning stretching and cardio. The back is holding up pretty well, but the tightness is still quite apparent. I'm not dying from pain from walking which is really nice. Tomorrow I'm attempting back and biceps at the gym, although I will have to stick with exercises like pullups and seated rows (i.e. exercises that keep my lower back stable).

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Back and bicep day after work! Also did some morning stretching and cardio. Stuck to machines again after starting with pullups. As long as I keep my lower back stable I seem to be doing ok. Had awesome pumps in my upper back and biceps that I haven't felt in a long time. Energy levels have been really great all week as well. Cardio again tomorrow and then attempting legs on Friday...going to stick with leg presses and extensions at least for this week. Can't remember the last time I did leg extensions lol. Bastards that use the squat rack for bicep curls better enjoy their time while I'm healing up;)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Want me to handle them fools curling in the squat rack!?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You using a SERM?
No. I think SERMs are a knee-jerk reaction that is overused. I have them here, but they are only if things go south after a cycle. The strongest thing that I have used to date is epistane and I didn't use a SERM then either. I can only speak for myself and my own body, but a SERM isn't needed with what I took.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The back was acting up again so I skipped leg training on Friday. I figured giving it another week was in my best interest. Plus I got invited to give a talk next Friday and the last thing I need is to be up there in pain lol. I continued stretching and cardio through the weekend and will get the rest of the body covered in the gym this week with another attempt at legs on Friday.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Anabeta is definitely kicking in. Even though I'm still sticking primarily to machines and watching the lower back, I'm getting intense training sessions. I'm doing cardio 5-6 times a week in the morning and kicking ass at the gym. Today was cardio in the a.m. and chest/triceps/delts after work. In the past I have tried doing a.m. cardio and failed miserably, but for two weeks now I have gotten up early every week day and once on the weekends to rock out my cardio. And after that I feel completely energized throughout the day. Yes, it is only two weeks, but I have never gone more than one day before going back to p.m. cardio.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Want me to handle them fools curling in the squat rack!?
There was once a guy at a gym i went to Who in peak time decided he would use the benchpress bar (just the bar) for curls while there was 3 or 4 people waiting to actually bench!!!! He kept looking round the gym like he was all tough...he could barley do it and was swinging his back from the second rep. I quit after a week...it was a **** gym anyway.

Sorry for hijacking the tread. I'll follow along.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol! We get along...just agree to disagree on arginine:p

Today was some morning stretching and cardio. The back is holding up pretty well, but the tightness is still quite apparent. I'm not dying from pain from walking which is really nice. Tomorrow I'm attempting back and biceps at the gym, although I will have to stick with exercises like pullups and seated rows (i.e. exercises that keep my lower back stable).
Get it right.. it was Agmatine... or DAA... or somethinhg! :D

I feel you on the back... I have back problems that cropped up from twisting wrong on heavy mil presses (Kicking up the left DB)... since then I am complete **** with anything back related... luckily my cuz is a spine doc, so it doesnt bother me too much.. but have to give up heavy deads and squats!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Get it right.. it was Agmatine... or DAA... or somethinhg! :D

I feel you on the back... I have back problems that cropped up from twisting wrong on heavy mil presses (Kicking up the left DB)... since then I am complete **** with anything back related... luckily my cuz is a spine doc, so it doesnt bother me too much.. but have to give up heavy deads and squats!
Lol. I forget after a while:p Glad to have you on board!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wasn't able to post last night, so this is for my Wednesday training:
Hit back and biceps in the p.m. after doing cardio in the a.m. I've been feeling really great pumps on this stack and loving the progress that I am achieving. The lower back is acting up still a bit, but is most just tightness rather than pain. I'm going to attempt legs either this Friday, if I can sneak out of my conference on time, or else I'll go Saturday. I'm also considering buying a second bottle of Anabeta to run this out for 8 weeks as long as the back doesn't go south again.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Finally got in to do legs. I stuck to the hack squat and sled for presses and did some raises as well. My back is feeling a lot better, but I want to be sure I'm near 100% before I hit the squat rack again. I've also raised the intensity of my ab training to make sure I'm as strong as possible both in my abs and my lower back so this doesn't happen again. More than likely it will and I'm probably prone to it now, but I'm going to do the most that I can to prevent it and get back to squatting and dead lifting.

The pumps I am getting from the Anabeta are insane. I started taking 5 per day on accident on training days. I kept thinking that I did not pack enough for the day so was taking my 4th before training and the 5th after I got home. I really like the extra push and may continue this way.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Slowly moving back to my original routines and made a leap today back to free weights with some machines for chest, delts, and triceps. Stuck to barbells for now, but it felt great to be getting back to normal again. Strength levels are about where they were before the injury, so now it's time to increase that:)

I got another bottle of Anabeta...this time from Dadams...so yet again, thank you to PES, natty and Dadams for hooking me up! You guys are amazing!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice!

Good to hear strength is back up!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 bottles of anabeta, ftw!

Looks like you're recovering quick. Don't rush to that squat rack to fast the sled and hack squats are fine till you're 100% or at least 65% :p

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's really tempting, but I want to be smart about it so I don't end up stuck on the couch in pain again. The pain is gone, but there is still something there that is enough to remind me to take it slow and that I'm not 18 anymore lol.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hit back and biceps today and it was back to normal except for no deadlifts or bent-over rows. I used different grips on the seated row machine instead and was able to get a pretty good session in. I was feeling abnormally tired today, but it was because of disrupted sleep last night and after a pre-workout drink I was good to go! Cardio tomorrow morning with a Misfits concert tomorrow night! Going to see if I can get two weight training sessions in during this much-needed 3 day weekend I have coming up.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Leg day and finally jumped back in the squat rack!!!....although limited. I started with the hack squat sled and then moved into the squat rack to do barbell lunges. The lower back wasn't in pain, but there was more a tightness sort of feeling letting me know not to push it. Still was able to have an overall great training session. I'll probably move back into barbell squats next weeks, but deadlifts still seem far off in the future. I did some delts as well with wide-grip rows and front plate raises. And ended training with abs to keep building up that middle stronger.

Really can not say enough about this stack. Energy is insane and I haven't been this motivated in a really long time.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got home late last night and didn't get a chance to get my log up. I got some great chest, delts, and triceps training in. Finally back to my normal routine there...able to work with dumbbells and did not feel any pain in my lower back. This past week I've been seeing increased definition thanks to the increase in cardio and have seen increases in strength thanks to this stack!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear your back is feeling better!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't realise you were logging this! In.

Any more details on your back injury?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I didn't realise you were logging this! In.

Any more details on your back injury?
Yep. Into bottle #2:) The back is doing a lot better. Still taking it easy on anything that puts strain on the lower back (e.g. deadlifts, bent over rows), but able to do most of what I was doing before in the gym and at the same intensity. Today is back and bi day too!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Last night was back and biceps day. My energy levels in the gym are just insane. Went through a pretty intense back and biceps training routine and was still pumped so I ended it with 10 sets of 10 on the pulldowns. Arms were nearly numb by the end, but it felt great! Taking the day off today to spend with my wife, but back to some cardio tomorrow.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tonight was chest, delts, and triceps. I decided to switch the week up a bit so my body doesn't get used to a routine and plus I wanted to move legs to Friday. I got cardio in this morning and got a little more in after weight training. Diet slipped a bit this weekend, but nothing horrible...but enough to encourage me to keep my diet completely clean during the week. Energy levels were really great despite not getting enough sleep last night and today being a typical chaotic Monday at work. Strength and intensity just keeps going up!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocked out back and biceps today. Also tossed in one set of tricep extensions. Felt really energized today and have been wanting to kick things up even more. So I added on some cardio to the end of my weight training. In addition to the cardio I did in the morning (heavy bag today), I did a mile on the treadmill after lifting. Nothing huge, but still felt great to be going faster than some people who hadn't just spent the last hour lifting:)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you had a great training session, hitting the heavy bag after weights is killer!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Posting this way behind of schedule...this is from Friday. Did legs and delts. FINALLY back in the squat rack! It felt great, but there was a lot of hesitation to go heavy. There is a difference between respect and fear and I always respect the amount of weight that I am lifting. You can bench 500, but if you don't respect that weight, you're going to hurt yourself. But after this last injury there was some fear there as well so I started out doing squats and then finished off on the leg press. I ended with 20 minutes on the stationary bicycle and my legs are still killing me, although in a great way! Slowly getting back to where I was!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I really think Anabeta should have been called Motivation because that is what it consistently does for me. It motivates me to get up early for cardio, something that I have never been able to do more than 2 days in a row before saying screw it. And it motivates me in the gym to pump out an extra set or rep or sometimes even a whole other exercise. I'm running a bit behind lately getting these up because there is a conference coming up and a talk I have to give at another meeting, so work has been killing me. This should have gone up Monday night after I did chest, delts, and triceps. I even threw in 3 sets of close-grip bench press and was still able to do the same amount of dips that I normally do. Then finished it all off with a quick 2 mile run. Anabeta rocks and if you have been on the fence about it, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the feedback kind sir. Good to hear you can increase the volume without having any drop off in performance.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Last night was back and bi days followed by 2 miles on the treadmill. I've hit a bit of a wall with the bf loss and so I'm trying to up the cardio to break through it. Also trying to stay cleaner on the weekends in regards to diet so that my cheat meal doesn't turn into a cheat weekend. There has also been an increase in stress at work and home which probably is playing a large role in that as well. But my lifts continue to keep climbing and endurance in the gym is insane.

Tonight it is back in for squats...oh how great it feels to be back in the squat rack!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs last night with some delt work as well, followed up by 5 mins on the stair climber and then 10 on the treadmill. I've lost some strength in my squats. Not much, but I can notice it. So I just went with the lower weight and paused for better stretches and then killed them on the leg press. Back is still great *knocks on wood*

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chest, tris, and delts followed by a run on the treadmill last night. Great training except I overdid it on the pre-workout and had an upset stomach, but managed to work through it. Still making great progress, but have hit a bit of a wall losing bf, so I started an ECA stack today before my morning cardio. Hopefully this will help me jumpstart the fat loss again and the Anabeta will help me maintain the muscle.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Back and bis last night with some dips for chest/tris. It's been hard to get out of the gym lately because my body just wants to keep going no matter how much I punish it. Followed that up with a run on the treadmill and some more cardio at home today. I'm really trying to keep things clean in the diet as I reach the end here and before I go into Thanksgiving/Christmas insanity. During the week is easy, but the weekends are the challenge, both diet-wise and getting cardio in. The results I see in the mirror though only encourage me to keep going.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep it going mate, well done.

In before the dirty AnaBeta Christmas bulk. :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keep it going mate, well done.

In before the dirty AnaBeta Christmas bulk. :)
November and December tend to be insane for me. I'm not going to the society for neuro conference this year so that week of binge drinking is out of the equation, but I still have a week for Thanksgiving at the inlaws and then my family decided to do two Christmas dinners. Still deciding what I want to run this winter though. Will be more of a bulk recomp for sure, but no more dirty bulks for me. Two months of bulking and the rest of the damn year trying to correct that mistake lol.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it wrong that when I imagine neuroscience conferences you all meet up after hours in a lab rather than going for drinks? :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it wrong that when I imagine neuroscience conferences you all meet up after hours in a lab rather than going for drinks? :)
It's kinda insane. Sessions are from like 8am to 4-5pm and you have to present a poster for 4 hours either in the morning or the afternoon. I somehow always get stuck with the morning and am always tired and hung over standing there for 4 friggin hours. It's in D.C. this year so it's not the best location. The San Diego one rocks! Then you get home and are kicking yourself because most of your receipts are for alcohol and they won't reimburse for that lol.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs tonight with some delts thrown in too. Followed by a run on the treadmill. It was just going to be a fast walk as I didn't think my legs would be able to keep up after training them, but I started going and kept on going. Really awesome burn! Now it is finally the weekend:)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did chest, delt, and tri training last night followed by a nice hard run on the treadmill. Then did more cardio at home today. I'm reaching the end of the bottle, possible another day left here. I would stir this into my oatmeal every morning for the next year if I could. I really can not say enough great things about Anabeta. Final review and thoughts coming in the next day or so, depending on how many pills are hiding in there:)