Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
INTRODUCTION

It's been a while since I kept a log on the forums. So much has happened since June and I'm still working through it all, trying as best I can to get back on track. Instead of me typing it all out, for more information on the last 2-3 months and to understand where I am at now, please review this post.

For those who are newer to the forum, if you want to know more about me or see what my training, etc. is usually like, please look through some of my previous logs or check out my website.

Although this log is not likely to be as comprehensive and detailed as the logs I have kept in the past, structured a little differently as well, it will be good for me to start posting more regularly (albeit not daily) again. Plus, given everything that has happened and my current condition, it will help re accountability and motivation.

GOALS

Recovering from a double fracture in my left wrist (this is my first week without it being casted, strapped, or supported in any manner), my main priority is to get back to MY normal training levels as soon as possible. Due to weakness in my left wrist (it is much weaker than it was the last time I fractured it), I have to use weights far lighter than I usually would, and cannot even complete some exercises - even at bodyweight only - due to extreme pain and weakness occurring from the angle of hand/wrist placement required.

Secondary goal is recomping to maintain my current muscle mass and lean down to 7-8% bodyfat! Not being able to lift weights - or lift heavy when I HAVE attempted resistance training - has dramatically affected my body, and although my body composition has remained fairly stable, my body mass has dropped, losing MUSCLE mass and gaining bodyfat.

Since I could not compete in July as planned due to work, and because I want to compete at least ONCE this year, I am looking at competing in late October, even though I am still not able to train as usual for me and my body has changed dramatically because of that (my deltoids, which I worked so hard to build up and cap, have diminished considerably; and my right arm and thigh are now a full inch LARGER than my left arm and thigh - my right arm is usually ~1 cm larger, but has never as extreme as an inch before!).

BODY STATISTICS

As at today:
* Body Composition of 8.8% bodyfat
* Body Mass of 108 pounds

TRAINING

Monday: HIIT Cardio 20 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings
Tuesday: Cardio 10 min + Arms/Abs
Wednesday: HIIT Cardio 20 min
Thursday: Cardio 10 min + Back/Chest
Friday: HIIT Cardio 20 min + Abs OR Full-Body
Saturday: Cardio 20 min
Sunday: Day Off

I also stretch for 20-30 minutes daily.

I haven't trained in a commercial gym for the better part of 2011, and likely won't for quite a while, continuing to train at home and outside.

NUTRITION

Since my nutrition does not play as much of a role as my training does in my conditioning, my nutrition is not the best and most would call it a "perpetual cheat". However, a "perfect" diet means that I make the least progress, so I do what works for my body, albeit there is still a lot of improvement required, and yes, I am STILL working on it.

I generally use a calorie/carbohydrate cycling method, but no specific diet as such, listening to my body on a daily basis and adjusting my nutrition (as I do my training) as required, with my macronutrient ratios and calorie intake changing on a day-to-day basis, albeit averaging out at ~4,300 calories daily. I adjust my nutrition on a weekly - sometimes even daily - basis, dependent on my progress towards my goal/s of that phase, my diet a specific adaption for me, amalgamating nutritional methods and principles taken from Calorie Cycling, Intermittent Fasting, and Lean Gains. My diet could probably best be described as Lean Gains, without being strictly Lean gains, if you know what I mean; Lean Gains (or modifications of it) is definitely a lifestyle nutrition plan that can be easily adhered to, and it doesn't have to be strictly followed, but can be adapted based on the individual, to get the best possible results for them.

The one thing - other than my caloric intake - that is perpetually consistent is my daily consumption of 1-2 UK galleons (a UK galleon is 4.54 litres) of water a day, the only other liquid that I have re drinks herbal or green tea.

SUPPLEMENTS

With the exception of Battle Fuel (which I started on Monday, since I do not have any Erase), I have barely been using even the basics, missing a lot if my regular "staples" since my wrist injury. What I AM using right now (in alphabetical order):

7-KE - ~150g applied post-post-training shower and ~150g applied post-pre-bed shower (until 19 September).

Alpha-T2 - 2 caps first thing and 2 caps 6-8 hours post-Dose 1 (from 6 to 28 October)/
Start again 9 November - reformulated version.

Assault - 1/3 serving Green Apple + 2/3 serving Blue Arctic Raspberry ~30 min pre-training (until 27 September)/
From 28 September - 1 serving Blue Arctic Raspberry ~30 min training.

Battle Fuel - 6 caps ~30 min pre-training (training days); 6 caps ~30 min pre-meal (non-training days) (until 2 October).

Erase - 2 caps first thing, 2 caps 6-8 hours post-Dose 1, and 1 cap pre-bed (from 6 to 25 October)/
Start again 4 November.

MuscleGel Shots (Key Lime flavour): 1-2 packets daily.

RecoverPRO (Red Raspberry flavour): 1 scoop ~30 min pre-training, 2-3 scoops immediately post-training, and 3 scoops 1-2 other times daily (until 12 November).

Shred Matrix: 3 caps immediately post-training and 3 caps ~30 min pre-meal later in the day (until 28 September)/
Start again 6 October.

Vitamin C: 1 gram first thing, 1 gram immediately post-training, 1 gram pre-bed, and sometimes 1 gram post-meal at night.

Let's Get Started!

Last edited:
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Rosie subbed in!!
Wondering why you dose shred matrix post workout?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Rosie subbed in!!
Wondering why you dose shred matrix post workout?
Heya :) I dose Shred Matrix immediately post-training, because I eat my post-training meal ~30 minutes after finishing.

Subbed - Following along for support Rosie!
:welcome: Nice to see you on this side of the fence, Nick!

~Rosie~

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in for the ride! i do have to admit that i am somewhat sad that there is no IGF 2 haha

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in for the ride! i do have to admit that i am somewhat sad that there is no IGF 2 haha
Hey Phil! So am I - I just used the last dose of the bottle I had this morning! I must admit that it's going to be odd not having it, having almost used it perpetually since my first bottle - the same with Erase :(

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Rosie, good to see a log going again!
Yeah :) As I mentioned in post #1 though: "...this log is not likely to be as comprehensive and detailed as the logs I have kept in the past, structured a little differently as well..." For a while it's likely to be a once or twice weekly update - we'll see how things go . . .

~Rosie~

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Count me in for this one. Hopefully I can keep up...your journals move pretty fast :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in for the ride
Glad to have you along :)

Count me in for this one. Hopefully I can keep up...your journals move pretty fast :)
Thanks, lady :) I don't think this one will move that fast though, given that I won't be updating daily like I used to...

~Rosie~

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck on your recovery plan. Us AI Sports guys will check in now and then to see how your progress is going.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to see your come back stronger than before Rosie. Sometimes it takes serious setbacks to make us realize what we had and to not take anything for granted.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck on your recovery plan. Us AI Sports guys will check in now and then to see how your progress is going.
Cheers, bud - hopefully I will be able to recover as fast as I did last time! The RecoverPRO has been a huge help over the last 12 weeks :cheers:

~Rosie~

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In to see your come back stronger than before Rosie. Sometimes it takes serious setbacks to make us realize what we had and to not take anything for granted.
This is true. My back was really messed up for about five years and now I look at things with a completely different perspective. I'm appreciative every time I'm able to bend over and simply tie my shoes...yet alone to be able to lift weights again.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for your support, John. It definitely does. When the setback is something you've already been through before it can be disheartening, though - I know that mentally it screwed with me, especially as I watched all my hard-earnt gains slipping away. Honestly, I wanted to be DIFFERENT, BETTER, the next time I stepped on a competition stage and worked towards that, and now, if I do, I would primarily have to rely solely on a huge improvement in my STAGE PRESENCE (and posing). So, we'll see what happens. This is something I have to do for ME, but I don't want to take [almost] the same physical package to the stage as I did last year, even if my stage presence is improved, so I may decide to spend the rest of the year building my figure back up and compete in an early show next year. Lots to consider...

This is true. My back was really messed up for about five years and now I look at things with a completely different perspective. I'm appreciative every time I'm able to bend over and simply tie my shoes...yet alone to be able to lift weights again.
Trust me, I'm not going to be taking my body for granted after all this. "Easing back" into training is not something I am good at, but I have done it before and I can and will do it again, and this time, I will pay more attention to my body, instead of always asking more and more of it in the times when I know I probably shouldn't. It always takes something dramatic to make me "slow down" and allow myself a "break" - first time was a back injury (which gave me a scoliosis and crushed one of my cervical vertebrae), then Chronic Fatigue (which I've had two recurring bouts of - each time forcing time off), first double fracture in my left wrist, and now a refracture...

~Rosie~

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your support, John. It definitely does. When the setback is something you've already been through before it can be disheartening, though - I know that mentally it screwed with me, especially as I watched all my hard-earnt gains slipping away. Honestly, I wanted to be DIFFERENT, BETTER, the next time I stepped on a competition stage and worked towards that, and now, if I do, I would primarily have to rely solely on a huge improvement in my STAGE PRESENCE (and posing). So, we'll see what happens. This is something I have to do for ME, but I don't want to take [almost] the same physical package to the stage as I did last year, even if my stage presence is improved, so I may decide to spend the rest of the year building my figure back up and compete in an early show next year. Lots to consider...
trust me better to wait and learn and enjoy the performance part of it than push yourself into the ground , know what I mean?

when i compete next itll be at least 2012. setbacks forced me back

Reactions: mw1

nickdavid

Awards
hey Rosie, do you feel much different being off IGF since you were on it for so long?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck on the "come back" Rosie.
Thank you.

trust me better to wait and learn and enjoy the performance part of it than push yourself into the ground , know what I mean?

when i compete next itll be at least 2012. setbacks forced me back
I do know what you mean, John, and I have to remind myself often that sometimes doing nothing IS doing something. When I was cycling, this was not a "luxury" I could afford, but it's a little different now.

It's just that I had so much support in preparing for the competition in July; when I couldn't compete, not only was I extremely frustrated, but I also felt like I let them down after all their support. I am extremely grateful for all the support I have been given and have, and I'm sure you understand in wanting to be able to have something to show and "give back" for it, to know that their faith and support was not misplaced or for nothing. In saying that, when I DO step onto a stage, you can be sure I am going to be nothing but ready, and show that I'm still an athlete who will do them proud!

hey Rosie, do you feel much different being off IGF since you were on it for so long?
IGF-2, not IGF, LOL...Not too much at this stage, since it's only been three days. Then again, since January I have only been half-dosing it as well, with 3 caps first thing, since at the time and the changes my body had undergone in the months prior, this was more optimal for me re effects...

~Rosie~

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established
8.8% bodyfat :eek5: Thats crazy.

In for your great Comeback.

Hoping you the best Rosie!!! :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8.8% bodyfat :eek5: Thats crazy.

In for your great Comeback.

Hoping you the best Rosie!!! :D
If you say so, LOL - I usually maintain between 8-10% bodyfat all the time (the start of September, I was 8.2%), and not so long ago decided to work on maintaining between 8-9% (closer to 8% than 9%), since I was starting to feel uncomfortable whenever I go above 9% bodyfat :)

Thanks heaps, bud!

~Rosie~

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Count me in. Good luck on your recovery. I know soon enough you'll blow past were you where at before.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I am here for an epic Rosie log :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't broken a bone since I started weightlifting, but i've injured myself enough times to know how bad just recovering from a sprain or strain is. I'm sure you'll bounce back fast tho :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't broken a bone since I started weightlifting, but i've injured myself enough times to know how bad just recovering from a sprain or strain is. I'm sure you'll bounce back fast tho :)
I've only broken ONE bone in my entire life (and even then, it was goofing around on a swissball and not training) - only the first time I fractured it in TWO planes, and now, the same one, GRRRR! Injuries aplenty though, although not all from weights. Thanks, Eric - I'm hoping so!

~Rosie~

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
INTRODUCTION

It's been a while since I kept a log on the forums. So much has happened since June and I'm still working through it all, trying as best I can to get back on track. Instead of me typing it all out, for more information on the last 2-3 months and to understand where I am at now, please review this post.

For those who are newer to the forum, if you want to know more about me or see what my training, etc. is usually like, please look through some of my previous logs or check out my website.

Although this log is not likely to be as comprehensive and detailed as the logs I have kept in the past, structured a little differently as well, it will be good for me to start posting more regularly (albeit not daily) again. Plus, given everything that has happened and my current condition, it will help re accountability and motivation.

GOALS

Recovering from a double fracture in my left wrist (this is my first week without it being casted, strapped, or supported in any manner), my main priority is to get back to MY normal training levels as soon as possible. Due to weakness in my left wrist (it is much weaker than it was the last time I fractured it), I have to use weights far lighter than I usually would, and cannot even complete some exercises - even at bodyweight only - due to extreme pain and weakness occurring from the angle of hand/wrist placement required.

Secondary goal is recomping to maintain my current muscle mass and lean down to 7-8% bodyfat! Not being able to lift weights - or lift heavy when I HAVE attempted resistance training - has dramatically affected my body, and although my body composition has remained fairly stable, my body mass has dropped, losing MUSCLE mass and gaining bodyfat.

Since I could not compete in July as planned due to work, and because I want to compete at least ONCE this year, I am looking at competing in late October, even though I am still not able to train as usual for me and my body has changed dramatically because of that (my deltoids, which I worked so hard to build up and cap, have diminished considerably; and my right arm and thigh are now a full inch LARGER than my left arm and thigh - my right arm is usually ~1 cm larger, but has never as extreme as an inch before!).

BODY STATISTICS

As at today:
* Body Composition of 8.8% bodyfat
* Body Mass of 108 pounds

TRAINING

Monday: HIIT Cardio 20 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings
Tuesday: Cardio 10 min + Arms/Abs
Wednesday: HIIT Cardio 20 min
Thursday: Cardio 10 min + Back/Chest
Friday: HIIT Cardio 20 min + Abs OR Full-Body
Saturday: Cardio 20 min
Sunday: Day Off

I also stretch for 20-30 minutes daily.

I haven't trained in a commercial gym for the better part of 2011, and likely won't for quite a while, continuing to train at home and outside.

NUTRITION

Since my nutrition does not play as much of a role as my training does in my conditioning, my nutrition is not the best and most would call it a "perpetual cheat". However, a "perfect" diet means that I make the least progress, so I do what works for my body, albeit there is still a lot of improvement required, and yes, I am STILL working on it.

I generally use a calorie/carbohydrate cycling method, but no specific diet as such, listening to my body on a daily basis and adjusting my nutrition (as I do my training) as required, with my macronutrient ratios and calorie intake changing on a day-to-day basis, albeit averaging out at ~4,300 calories daily. I adjust my nutrition on a weekly - sometimes even daily - basis, dependent on my progress towards my goal/s of that phase, my diet a specific adaption for me, amalgamating nutritional methods and principles taken from Calorie Cycling, Intermittent Fasting, and Lean Gains. My diet could probably best be described as Lean Gains, without being strictly Lean gains, if you know what I mean; Lean Gains (or modifications of it) is definitely a lifestyle nutrition plan that can be easily adhered to, and it doesn't have to be strictly followed, but can be adapted based on the individual, to get the best possible results for them.

The one thing - other than my caloric intake - that is perpetually consistent is my daily consumption of 1-2 UK galleons (a UK galleon is 4.54 litres) of water a day, the only other liquid that I have re drinks herbal or green tea.

SUPPLEMENTS

With the exception of Battle Fuel (which I started on Monday, since I do not have any Erase), I have barely been using even the basics, missing a lot if my regular "staples" since my wrist injury. What I AM using right now (in alphabetical order):

Assault - 1/3 serving Green Apple + 2/3 serving Raspberry Lemonade ~30 min pre-training.

Battle Fuel - 6 caps ~30 min pre-training (training days); 6 caps ~30 min pre-meal (non-training days).

MuscleGel Shots (Key Lime flavour): 1-2 packets daily.

RecoverPRO (Red Raspberry flavour): 1 scoop ~30 min pre-training, 2-3 scoops immediately post-training, and 3 scoops 1-2 other times daily.

Shred Matrix: 3 caps immediately post-training and 3 caps ~30 min pre-meal later in the day.

Vitamin C: 1 gram first thing, 1 gram immediately post-training, 1 gram pre-bed, and sometimes 1 gram post-meal at night.

I'm in doll. Good luck!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie it is great to see you back. I cant wait to see this new log. You might get some posting from my other half aka Onlychevy6s Chick. I told her you would be a good person to bounce info off of from a females view. It seems as though the family is all on here and support you. Kleen, KleensQueen, my self and Chevy6s Chick. :grouphug:

Chevy6s Chick

Chevy6s Chick

Awards
Hey Rosie,

I'm definitely in! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie it is great to see you back. I cant wait to see this new log. You might get some posting from my other half aka Onlychevy6s Chick. I told her you would be a good person to bounce info off of from a females view. It seems as though the family is all on here and support you. Kleen, KleensQueen, my self and Chevy6s Chick. :grouphug:
Yeppers - seems like a long time since I was really around, if you know what I mean, so I'm trying to get some momentum again. Yeah, it's great, Jeff - I really appreciate it all after everything that's happened :)

Hey Rosie,

I'm definitely in! :)
Hiya :) Thanks for joining in!

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this, Good Luck Rosie. :)
Thanks, miss :) Think that's all the [current/regular] females on the forum present and accounted for now :yup:

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Positive Fitness Role Model

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5:14-16

For the complete Motivational, review Your Life Is Significant | WPM Women.

TRAINING

This was my first week back in training withOUT any support for my left wrist - yes, all casting, bandages, and wrapping is gone, so I had to make sure my wrist was "set" and firm in that setting for every session, determined to get through, no matter what.

Training completed this week:

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets - 6 sets per exercise):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press
2. EZ-Bar Military Press - wanted to do BB Military Press, but had to use the EZ Bar because using a straight BB is too painful on my wrists re angle
3. Lateral Raises
4. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlift (BB to touch ground)

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between alternate sets - 6 alternate sets; 1 min recovery between sets - 4 sets):
Alternate Set -
1. EZ Bar 21s Bicep Curls
2. Incline Dips - two weeks ago I could not even manage one of these, let alone do the Dips that I was doing properly, so decided to give Dips a rest this week and try them incline, and I was able to do them, the pain a lot less than it has been for Dips, so maybe hand placement on the "bar" makes a small difference, since regular Dips are still so very painful for me
3. Alternate Hammer-Bi Curls
4. Rope Crunches - 100 reps in total only

Chest/Back (1 min recovery between sets - 4 sets per exercise):
1. Incline BB Bench Press
2. Push-Ups (feet on ground, hands on DB) - feeling the pain in left wrist, but ignoring it to push through each set
3. Supinated Seated Lat Pull-Down - dull ache in wrist at the end of every set
4. Reverse Rows - actually did to failure re full exercise and form on each set re wrist pain, which might not have been the smartest idea

Abs (no recovery between supersets - 4 supersets):
Superset -
1. Rope Crunches- 100 reps in total only
2. Plank 1 min

So, no Full-Body session as "planned", which is ok, I guess, continuing to "ease into" training, and this week is still very much a progression from last week. Next week there will be NO "allowances" though.

I've also been training at night, not the usual "first thing, 1-2 hours after waking", but between 2000-2200 (because of the way I've been sleeping - or not sleeping, as it were), which has been interesting.

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition is still at 8.8% bodyfat, so no change there. Nutrition has not been the best this week, though, and my hunger has returned to the usual bottomless pit that I was - training most likely the primary culprit. Although I am not too happy with it, maintaining is ok for a week, given the situation. I want my body composition to DEcrease though from now on - it WILL!

So yes, I started Battle Fuel on Monday. Also ran out of my IGF-2 on Monday. So far, not too much of a difference except re sleep and appetite over this week - attributing appetite returning to "normal" to training, but the Battle Fuel could very well be contributing to this as well. Missing my Erase!

My sleep has been a little messed up this week, but at least it's not the pain causing me to stay awake for days and then sleep for hours on end. Now that I don't have to contend as much with the pain being a constant, I am working on getting back into some semblance of a normal routine.

A final decision re competition has yet to be made, but I will be able to make this by the end of the month, and I will make it based on my progress and whether or not I can make the changes I need to make physically re mass and distribution. I want to compete and get it over and done with - and it's the perfect time, since I'm shooting with Walt (and Gina) Ostarly a few days before the planned competition date - but at the same time, as I said to John earlier, I want to bring MORE to the stage than just better stage presence, which is why I worked so hard to add muscle to my delts and arms, most of which has been lost over the last few months.

Finishing on a HIGH note, though: Yesterday I found out that I have been selected as one of 12 models to appear in OAMG's 2012 Calendar (first one ever!), which is an honour and a blessing. I worked with Tony back in May and had a blast; he has such passion and drive, an Artist who loves to create images that evoke emotion and scream difference from every aspect of composition. The calendar is a Limited Edition and the proceeds will be going to the Children's Memorial Hospital, in support of their work and effort with child obesity. It's an amazing opportunity to "give back" and be a positive fitness role model for the youth (and everyone else who has an impact on the youth), since they are, in essence, the future of this world, and we should be doing everything we can to make sure that that future is the BEST one possible in EVERY way!

God Bless - let's each and every one of us make what Difference we can this week!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow awesome deal with the Calendar Rosie, especially for helping children! Glad your back in the game with no bandages or wraps on your wrist!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow awesome deal with the Calendar Rosie, especially for helping children! Glad your back in the game with no bandages or wraps on your wrist!
Thanks, Ryan - I'm pretty stoked about it! :yup: It's good to be able to train without anything - still very "weak", but it's a starting point, and there's only room to BUILD on it!

~Rosie~

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5:14-16

For the complete Motivational, review Your Life Is Significant | WPM Women.

TRAINING

This was my first week back in training withOUT any support for my left wrist - yes, all casting, bandages, and wrapping is gone, so I had to make sure my wrist was "set" and firm in that setting for every session, determined to get through, no matter what.

Training completed this week:

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets - 6 sets per exercise):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press
2. EZ-Bar Military Press - wanted to do BB Military Press, but had to use the EZ Bar because using a straight BB is too painful on my wrists re angle
3. Lateral Raises
4. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlift (BB to touch ground)

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between alternate sets - 6 alternate sets; 1 min recovery between sets - 4 sets):
Alternate Set -
1. EZ Bar 21s Bicep Curls
2. Incline Dips - two weeks ago I could not even manage one of these, let alone do the Dips that I was doing properly, so decided to give Dips a rest this week and try them incline, and I was able to do them, the pain a lot less than it has been for Dips, so maybe hand placement on the "bar" makes a small difference, since regular Dips are still so very painful for me
3. Alternate Hammer-Bi Curls
4. Rope Crunches - 100 reps in total only

Chest/Back (1 min recovery between sets - 4 sets per exercise):
1. Incline BB Bench Press
2. Push-Ups (feet on ground, hands on DB) - feeling the pain in left wrist, but ignoring it to push through each set
3. Supinated Seated Lat Pull-Down - dull ache in wrist at the end of every set
4. Reverse Rows - actually did to failure re full exercise and form on each set re wrist pain, which might not have been the smartest idea

Abs (no recovery between supersets - 4 supersets):
Superset -
1. Rope Crunches- 100 reps in total only
2. Plank 1 min

So, no Full-Body session as "planned", which is ok, I guess, continuing to "ease into" training, and this week is still very much a progression from last week. Next week there will be NO "allowances" though.

I've also been training at night, not the usual "first thing, 1-2 hours after waking", but between 2000-2200 (because of the way I've been sleeping - or not sleeping, as it were), which has been interesting.

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition is still at 8.8% bodyfat, so no change there. Nutrition has not been the best this week, though, and my hunger has returned to the usual bottomless pit that I was - training most likely the primary culprit. Although I am not too happy with it, maintaining is ok for a week, given the situation. I want my body composition to DEcrease though from now on - it WILL!

So yes, I started Battle Fuel on Monday. Also ran out of my IGF-2 on Monday. So far, not too much of a difference except re sleep and appetite over this week - attributing appetite returning to "normal" to training, but the Battle Fuel could very well be contributing to this as well. Missing my Erase!

My sleep has been a little messed up this week, but at least it's not the pain causing me to stay awake for days and then sleep for hours on end. Now that I don't have to contend as much with the pain being a constant, I am working on getting back into some semblance of a normal routine.

A final decision re competition has yet to be made, but I will be able to make this by the end of the month, and I will make it based on my progress and whether or not I can make the changes I need to make physically re mass and distribution. I want to compete and get it over and done with - and it's the perfect time, since I'm shooting with Walt (and Gina) Ostarly a few days before the planned competition date - but at the same time, as I said to John earlier, I want to bring MORE to the stage than just better stage presence, which is why I worked so hard to add muscle to my delts and arms, most of which has been lost over the last few months.

Finishing on a HIGH note, though: Yesterday I found out that I have been selected as one of 12 models to appear in OAMG's 2012 Calendar (first one ever!), which is an honour and a blessing. I worked with Tony back in May and had a blast; he has such passion and drive, an Artist who loves to create images that evoke emotion and scream difference from every aspect of composition. The calendar is a Limited Edition and the proceeds will be going to the Children's Memorial Hospital, in support of their work and effort with child obesity. It's an amazing opportunity to "give back" and be a positive fitness role model for the youth (and everyone else who has an impact on the youth), since they are, in essence, the future of this world, and we should be doing everything we can to make sure that that future is the BEST one possible in EVERY way!

God Bless - let's each and every one of us make what Difference we can this week!
awesome

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, Ryan - I'm pretty stoked about it! :yup: It's good to be able to train without anything - still very "weak", but it's a starting point, and there's only room to BUILD on it!

~Rosie~
you have got to start somewhere =)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A little late to the show, but here and following. You are and always have been an inspiration!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

CONGRATS ON THE CALENDER ROSIE!!!

And I agree with your comments on the children 10000%!

I just found out that a local gym has this youth sports training center for kids. They do athletic training with them.. things like agility and mobility drills as wall as other various exercise movements. I just inquired about volunteering their on Saturdays and hopefully will hear back soon. Children truly our the future and we should be doing what we can for them and their future!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:)

A little late to the show, but here and following. You are and always have been an inspiration!
:welcome: Thank you - I aim to continue being one as long as I live!

CONGRATS ON THE CALENDER ROSIE!!!

And I agree with your comments on the children 10000%!

I just found out that a local gym has this youth sports training center for kids. They do athletic training with them.. things like agility and mobility drills as wall as other various exercise movements. I just inquired about volunteering their on Saturdays and hopefully will hear back soon. Children truly our the future and we should be doing what we can for them and their future!
Thanks, Josh :)

That's awesome! It's truly rewarding to do this...My youngest sister is currently with a volunteer group in Peru helping children (I am so proud of her!) - not so much the physical, but re teaching them and helping them make things better for them...The place where I am likely headed next week for work has something similar, so I'm going to look into that as well...

~Rosie~

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep up the good work Rosie. how is your personal training going?

you write articles right? do you do online consultation?

do you work with anyone doing that or do it yourself?

I love the positive quotes- some days they really keep my spirits up

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like your making progress in the right direction which is wonderful!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep up the good work Rosie. how is your personal training going?

you write articles right? do you do online consultation?

do you work with anyone doing that or do it yourself?

I love the positive quotes- some days they really keep my spirits up
Thanks, John :)

Yes, I write articles - you can see some of them here. I've written for a few different companies, but have been focusing on writing only for World Physique the last few months. I'm currently a columnist for World Physique Magazine and WPM Women - my first lot of articles will be in the Fall Issues of each publication, and I also have a daily "Motivation" column on the WPM Women website.

Yes, I do personal training - it's fine. Yes, I do online consultations - I used to do one-on-one sessions with Clients (and might be starting to do this again soon), but have been doing only online training for a while now. No, I do not work with anyone else and do everything for each of my Clients myself, from scratch, and individualize everything specifically for their goals and needs. If you check out my website, it tells you all about what I do and offer my Clients.

Re writing and training, I thought you already knew all this about me, John - I've been around here long enough, the same as you, LOL.

I'm glad they help you out, John :) It's not just for others, but for me as well, since no one is immune to "lacking" sometimes.

It sounds like your making progress in the right direction which is wonderful!
Progress is progress, even if it is slower than I would like. Going to change a lot next week though - that's a promise!

~Rosie~

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought you might have started online consulting -its something I am open to doing. I knew you wrote and had a website, didnt know you had all that going. You making good at it?