Mattrag is Dream'n LEAN with EndoSurge!! (BPS sponsored)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey all it's thanks for reading along. First I'll tell you my stats~

Height 5'10
Weight 87.8kgs

Goals~ Lean out a bit whilst keeping most of my muscle AND gain strength. This is the ideal everyone wants but I hope I can get um.

Strength/physical goals: Bring my core back to full strength, break new records, not get injured, and lift the perfect rep all the time. EXPLODE

Coming off all supps (well exotic supps) for 1 week now and with luck the logging material will be here in a week or so giving my body more time to "cleanse" itself.

The DIET~~

Lean gains protocol usually 12-8 eating window. I tend to train fasted because I like morning workouts. I will take bcaas when I do this.
I eat paleo style of eating, i'm allergic to flour/wheats/oats. Brown rice kills my joints oddly, so all my carbs come from fruits and sweet potatoes. I tend to go lower carb because I feel better on Fats while I sit on my butt at work. For this recomp I am going to up my calories a tad bit and add in more activity.

Build days will be 3000 cals and burn days will be 2000.

This week I hit a wall unexpectedly and think it's because i was cutting too much out of my calorie count and upping my activity (mainly cut cals because I forgot to eat... I just pass out...) Gonna change this.

My money situation is getting better so I don't have to go on these ridiculous meat only diet. (Veggies were to expensive ; ; )

Workout~

I'll be doing the wendler 5/3/1 with some DE days and my GPP will be some stuff I pick up from either TurningGreen's log or other places. GPP is usually done separate from Judo days.

More detail will come later as the log progresses. My computer is still down at home and will be using my work computer for pictures and my phone for updates. Should be manageable, i've been doing it these past few weeks. hehe

PIX!!

Dang I'll upload them later... 800x800... I gotta resize um.lol

For now that's it!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, thanks for posting.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This will be interesting.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet another BPS LOG!!! I wanted more and so shall it be. Good luck with it bro, you will love it when the surge starts to take a hold!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I decided to start logging my lifts starting on Monday. Sitting at the chiro in japan (japan's chiropractor is more like a medical massage therapist. Subsidized so its cheap!! ) only get 10 minutes of actual massage but the do electric therapy and some blood flow stuff with the legs.

Pretty excited about running this log. Endosurge looks amazing and the other logs are producing some nice results.

Looking to blast though some sticking points and get back on to strength gain road.

Currently feeling pretty tired due to my constant use of pre workout drinks and coming off all stims. (including coffee and tea).
I'm pretty sure this will subside soon. Revamp is helping I'm sure. :)

Was had a quick question~ any of you who are taking or took endosurge feel the need to use some sort of AI?

I hear the test boost can be quite good and the chance of it converting into estrogen are high.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet another BPS LOG!!! I wanted more and so shall it be. Good luck with it bro, you will love it when the surge starts to take a hold!!
Thanks for tuning in!!
Your ah/al log is great btw! I ran that with some good results. Looking for any help I can get while on this so please share your wisdom!!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro I'm still learning the ropes myself on some things. As far as AI I haven't had any problems on that sides, but will say if any do arrive PES Erase is tops for me and Orbit carries it all the time. I'll be doing my Beastdrol and Endosurge log tomorrow. I was really impressed with Endo's ability to spike my libido up. I'm only 31 but having trouble getting my trt to be healthy and in process of getting a new Dr, that being said Endo's really come through. Also BPS Combustion is wicked. I love it for either a fat burner or just straight raw energy. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro I'm still learning the ropes myself on some things. As far as AI I haven't had any problems on that sides, but will say if any do arrive PES Erase is tops for me and Orbit carries it all the time. I'll be doing my Beastdrol and Endosurge log tomorrow. I was really impressed with Endo's ability to spike my libido up. I'm only 31 but having trouble getting my trt to be healthy and in process of getting a new Dr, that being said Endo's really come through. Also BPS Combustion is wicked. I love it for either a fat burner or just straight raw energy. I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Wow, I always though taking a ph/ds and a natty test booster wasn't a good idea but I guess we shall see with your log! Link me please when your log starts! :)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, I always though taking a ph/ds and a natty test booster wasn't a good idea but I guess we shall see with your log! Link me please when your log starts! :)
NP bro I'm already into it I just had to put on hold since my ankle got smacked by the front door while taking trash out and cutt a slice of flesh off and hit right around the bone, then my wife's wreck too. So I'll be back tomorrow hitting chest.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Well look what I found!!! Hell yeah bro, initial post is great very detailed looks like it's gonna be one hell of a run. I'll be in this one till the end. I'm definitely pulling for ya bro...thanks for the recognition by the way!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well look what I found!!! Hell yeah bro, initial post is great very detailed looks like it's gonna be one hell of a run. I'll be in this one till the end. I'm definitely pulling for ya bro...thanks for the recognition by the way!!
Thanks!! You are a great motivator and have some mean workouts!! Your dedication really shines through in your results. And vice versa :).

Honored to have you along :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So today I have a boat paddling race soon in a city called kurume. It starts at 830am and I have to rush out of the house to be there in time lol.

There was a hurricane passing through my area so me and my wife thought for sure it would be cancelled but it looks like its still going. Hopefully I can kill it today :). I'll be back on later to post any more updates. :)

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro found your log, looking fwd to it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In! Lets see what happens here.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
In this shieeet! LEAN MEAN MACHINE TIME

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So yesterday I spent around 10 hrs in the sun waiting for my 3 boat races. I pretty much had to pull the whole team... My lower back and right shoulder are hashed. I was on the left side of the boat so my shoulder served as my lever and guide. Mind you I have NEVER paddled before so I feel some of this may be related to my lack of coordination and basic skill level in paddling. A once a year foreigner event so I figure it was a good experience.

So I skipped my morning workout and I'm going to try do it later this afternoon after work. I want my back to be less tight.

As Wendler said in his book of 5-3-1 that it's better to start low on the workouts.

I'm going in with these numbers for my lifts.

Box Squat 185
Sumo Deadlift 225
Bench Press 245
OH Press 155

As my base 1rm for the meso cycle.
My accessory work will follow Prilepin’s volume theories.

Also, I'm going to do some GPP either post workout or on off days 2-3 times a week.

Today it begins. I think today I'm going to squat because my lower back is a little soft, but my shoulder joint feels off. It is really bothering me so I don't want to give it any extra stress for today. Todays workout looks something like this~

Box squats for 5s
50-60% RM
ATG squats for 5 sets of 12 reps
Good mornings 5 sets of 12 reps
Balance ball glute raises
Balance ball Core work
If my hips feel okay Leg raises
Then planks

Long day but I'm going to get right on this!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice log brother and kill it!! You will def see the surge take hold soon.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here to follow The Rag!
thanks for chiming in Natty~ I'm gonna make sure this run goes well. And if I'm looking lean enough I'm going to use AnaBeta and try put on some LBM :D

Loved AnaBeta. Wanna see what it can do when i'm not in PCT and trying to remain cutting lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Squats may not be the way to go if shoulder and lower back are thrashed. Lots of pressure on shoulder joint from squatting. Obviously lower back too. However if starting out light you should be fine.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Squats may not be the way to go if shoulder and lower back are thrashed. Lots of pressure on shoulder joint from squatting. Obviously lower back too. However if starting out light you should be fine.
Yea due to the shoulder joint flexibility while holding the bar. I'm kinda worried about that too but for the first box set is going to be low as the 531 program I'm going with the 5s and the weight is only around 135>175. If I feel some tension after doing some MFR I will just drop the box squats and do Zerchers. And i'll probably do Wide grip seated GMs.

BTW Kleen read and watched the Perfect rep again. Man it's really good. I will try to see how I do on accessory work doing the reps like that. Might increase the sets and lower the reps to hit the rep count I want.

You da man kleen :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you decide you need an ai erase, formadrol, or post cycle support will do nicely. If not coming from a pct where estrogen rebound is possible then you should be fine without one in my opinion but even if not needed will increase test even further.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you decide you need an ai erase, formadrol, or post cycle support will do nicely. If not coming from a pct where estrogen rebound is possible then you should be fine without one in my opinion but even if not needed will increase test even further.

Yea that would be mean hehe.

When I ran DAA ED @3gs I took Erase and noticed the effects of the increased test. I think I might run erase on days that I take Lit-UP. Just incase.

Thanks!

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea that would be mean hehe.

When I ran DAA ED @3gs I took Erase and noticed the effects of the increased test. I think I might run erase on days that I take Lit-UP. Just incase.

Thanks!
I'm takin lit up as well and have a few erase on hand just incase but thinking I should just get a whole bottle and run it at like 2 a day.

You know when your getting your EndoSurge ?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm takin lit up as well and have a few erase on hand just incase but thinking I should just get a whole bottle and run it at like 2 a day.

You know when your getting your EndoSurge ?
Donno when it's coming but I hope soon. I'll let everyone know when I actually start dosing it :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never posted pics before but I hope this works. Sorry about being in the undies. This phone's quality is not so good (Iphone 3GS).

Iphone_1 821.jpg
Iphone_1 823.jpg
Iphone_1 826.jpg
Iphone_1 829.jpg
Iphone_1 831.jpg
Iphone_1 833.jpg
Iphone_1 836.jpg
Iphone_1 837.jpg
Iphone_1 832.jpg

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid pics bro you def have a lean body type. Keep killing it bro.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid pics bro you def have a lean body type. Keep killing it bro.
Thanks man, I used to be almost 80 lbs heavier so I definitely had a long journey so far :D. Now though I'm looking for some strength gains on this recomp. I should have enough food to get me healing.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout
Box squat for 5's

WU
BarX10
BarX10
65X5
85X5
Set
125X5
135X5
145X8

ATG squats SuperSet into Good mornings

10 sets
115X5/115X5

Core work

Circuit
20 V touches
12 weighted crunches (hold the weight over chest and lift upper back off the ground towards the sky)
20 ab twists

Leg raises X5
knee ups
3X20

Planks 60s, side 10 count X2

Good workout today. I definitely need to drive my squats up better. Muscle activation is not going well. But im going light. My shoulder was okay holding the bar to squat. My wrists though are not happy. Tomorrow morning is going to be bench. Unless my shoulders are sore, then i'll either do some GPP/sprints

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Looks good bro, seems like you have training all locked up. Hows the nutrition looking?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Looking good man, solid physique!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks good bro, seems like you have training all locked up. Hows the nutrition looking?
Nutrition still good. I eat pretty much the same types of foods all the time. My calories for days with weights are 3000, and for other conditioning type days its 2000. Currently, aiming for 3 days of build and 3 days of burn with one day where I dont really count. Usually a Saturday or Sunday. Any day really that I spend the whole the either out with the wife or something. Usually I can just eye ball out 2000 cals for my day on those days cause I just don't eat breakfast and I don't eat any sweets. Being allergic to flour or gluten intolerant can have its advantages when you get pressured into eating stuff that wouldn't necessarily fit into ones diet.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt, if you do end up needing an alternative to squats, either belt squats with the chain around a barbell or front squats can alleviate the shoulder and lower back discomfort. :)

Looking good in here man.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt, if you do end up needing an alternative to squats, either belt squats with the chain around a barbell or front squats can alleviate the shoulder and lower back discomfort. :)

Looking good in here man.
Actually, yesterday I was looking at belt squats but since I work out at home Id have to get a whole lot of equipment for them. And Im not sure if they have them. I might try add zercher squats in, and do some front squats later. I probably will just cycle out each squat for each cycle. Use my deload week to get used to the movement before getting into the cycle.

Thanks for the advice!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
9/6/2011

Bench for 5s

WU
115X8
115X6
185X5
Working
195X5
205X5
215X7

Dips
BWX20
+10X20
+45X20
+45X12

Wide grip pull ups
BWX10
BWX10
BWX10

Edge of ledge pull ups
BWX10
BWX10
BWX10

Lateral raises/bent over raises
25lbsX10/10lbsX10
25lbsX10/10lbsX10
25lbsX10/10lbsX10

Good workout today. The bench press actually feeled pretty heavy. I guess it could be because I had no spotter to help with lift off. And I switched grip to get in the "perfect rep"

Note: Every rep is done full effort and I tend to not take it too far on reps. Thus, doing my pull ups have become much more difficult hehe. Elbows are grinding up so I think I need to up my Omega 3s. Been kinda poor so I havent been out to sushi very often. Might go on Thursday, today and tomorrow are my burn days and Thursday going in for deads.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Zerchers are a good option too - I'd just recommend wrapping a towel around the bar or using elbow sleeves. Otherwise they dig into your arms like crazy!
Yea... my max for zercher was 185 before mainly because I couldnt even hold the bar lol.