The Hick rides the bull with Taurus' 5aOHP (sponsored )

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, first and foremost, a big thank you to Taurus for this opportunity. This is my first run with a pro-hormone so there are no past experiences that I can compare to. That being said, I hope that others in my situation can also draw some insight from my experiences with this cycle.Now to what you all really want to know.....I am 33 (almost 34) weigh 170 lbs and stand a staggering 5' 7" tall. I lift 3 days a week and do cardio 2 days/ week on different days from lifting. I am not going to post up diet as I do not know how this cycle will affect my appetite or cals required. I tend to have a medium to medium-high metabolism so will see how this falls into play.What I would like to see happen is to gain strength and possibly some good lean mass. A drop in bf% would be welcome but not ranked #1. I could just do more cardio to drop that. I will start with the minimum dose of 4 ml/ day and see where it takes me. As far as other supps.,Titanium - 2/dayfish oil - 1000 mg 3/ dayCEE -2500 mg/ dayThis is during cycle. For pct...Titanium - 2/ dayPCT REVOLUTION BLACK - 2/ dayAdamantium - 1 scoop per day.CEE - 2500 mg/ dayI welcome all advice and will try to answer any questions as best I can. Sometimes what I type sounds good to me because I know what I'm thinking but seems a little off to others. Feel free to call me on it. Lol!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW:

This was indeed a fun cycle and I thank Taurus Nutrition again for the opportunity to run this log!

So let's go ahead and get to it!
STRENGTH : 9/10
This was the best month of gains I have had in a long time! Broke many PRs and smashed one!

Endurance: 8/10
Started out great but by the end I was back to normal and a few days just very lethargic. Hardly ever like that for more than half a day and this went on for a few days.

Recomp: 8/10
Wasn't really looking for this too much. Didn't change my diet ( too much) or routine to try to recomp but there was still some recomp going on. Gained 3 pounds and stayed there while some of the BF went away.

Libido: 10/10
The reason I give it a 10 is because there was no change in that area! With other cycles having a negative effect here, I was glad to see mine unaffected!

Ease of dosing : 6/10
I didn't give it a higher rating because the syringe went to crap rather quickly even taking care of it. I used one of my daughters and it worked great till the rubber part of the plunger began to swell from the 5aOHP. Then it became a pain to dose.

Aggression : 9/10
I enjoyed this part a lot! Was really feeling the aggression for the weights and was able to zone in and get some killer nights of lifting in!

Value: 8/10
Even though this was free to me, I will still probably run another cycle of this but longer this time. So yeah, I do believe it is worth the cost.

If there is any area that I missed and you would like to know about, please let me know.

I was quite pleased with this run and am looking forward to running it again as I have said already. I like how there weren't any bad side effects that I noticed other than the lethargy for a few days. I had fun with this and hope that I might be able to log for Taurus again sometime in the future! I don't give these ratings lightly. I give them honestly sense I do not believe in giving false ratings. It is not good for the company or the consumers so I won't do it! Taurus has a solid product here and I will stand behind that!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, fresh, new receptors!!!! Interested to see how this turns outs.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome y'all! Glad to have ya in! So I received my 5aOHP yesterday and was able to get in 2 doses. The taste is not bad. The peanut oil carrier masks any unpleasant flavors (if any) that the progestins might have. Two things I have noticed so far.
1: About five minutes after a dose, I get a very slight head rush. Kind of a dizzy but only lasts for a second or two.
2: There are fine particulates in the solution that get "caught" in the back of my mouth/throat. I attribute this to the peanut oil having small particles of peanuts in it still.
As far as any other effects/ sides nothing other than warmer than normal. Body temp seems to be higher. Might just be that it is very humid and my body is not used to it.? I will also not be following any other tester's logs and have not read any logs on this in full detail to keep from having any placebo effects. I want to keep this log as true as I can.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the ride!

sexy_bull_riding_15.jpg

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2 ; 8/11/2011

Flat Bench:
135: 15
185: 10
225: 7
245: 4
225: 5
185: 12

Incline Bench:
115: 10
135: 10
155: 5

Decline Bench:
115: 15
155: 10

Front and Side DB Raises:
15 lb: 10 ; 10
20 lb: 10 ; 10
15 lb: 10 ; 10

Flat DB flies:
40 lb: 10
50 lb: 10
60 lb: 10

DB Shoulder Press:
20 lb: 20
25 lb: 10
45 lb: 8

Overhead Tricep Press:
3 sets of 10 at 75 lbs.

Felt pretty good last night and wanted to go with some heavier weight but right now my neck is tweaked (seeing chiro about it) and didn't want to push it too much right yet. Instead, I just went for some higher reps with some lighter weight. Had a good pump going last night with better than normal vascularity. Today has been the same. Have had a good pump with great vascularity in my arms all day! While working today, I would catch a glimpse of my forearms and have to do a double take. Yep that was me that I saw! I did not expect to see any results this fast but not ever being on a PH before, I had no idea. So far, no negative sides. I did figure out that to make the dropper work better, run the plunger through water be fore putting it in the dropper and run some water through the dropper itself. I also stow it apart so it doesn't dry out and stick. (Yes rinsing out after ever use).

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In-laws decided to stop by this weekend so wont be able to lift tonight.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im along for the ride bud!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My "Before" pic. Will get the legs up later. Kept coming out really fuzzy so will have wife take pic of legs tonight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as any other effects/ sides nothing other than warmer than normal. Body temp seems to be higher. Might just be that it is very humid and my body is not used to it.? I will also not be following any other tester's logs and have not read any logs on this in full detail to keep from having any placebo effects. I want to keep this log as true as I can.
I'm noticing some uptick in temp too. It seems to start somewhere around an hour after a dose, maybe lasts another 2-3 hours after that in my case.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm noticing some uptick in temp too. It seems to start somewhere around an hour after a dose, maybe lasts another 2-3 hours after that in my case.
Are you talking about heart rate or mood? I haven't noticed either one.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright this can't wait to post up tomorrow! Did legs tonight and was feeling really good so I decided to max on squats. My old max for 1 rep was 365 lbs. Tonight I did 385 for 4 reps then kicked it up to 415 lbs and got that twice!!! Super happy! Would do the happy dance if my legs weren't so toasted!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just body temp, no real change in mood or heartrate
Yeah, I'm just warmer all day long! I've got the AC pretty cold in our bedroom and I'm sleeping with just a light sheet and my wife has the sheet and the blanket doubled up and still says its too cold! LOL!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7; 8-16-2011

As stated above, shattered old PR on squats! In all honesty, I have not maxed on squats for a long time (probably been a year and a half) and have just been doing my heaviest sets with 315 for 10 reps. I haven't been pushing the squats too much or at all because of some spinal issues but like I said before, I was really feeling good last night so I pushed! I'm glad I did because just doing 315 lbs is not good when I am getting close to doing that on my flat bench. Legs should be the solid foundation to build the top on! Anyways, here's the routine I did last night.

Squats:
135: 5
205: 5
245: 5
275: 5
365: 3 this was my old max!
385: 4
415: 2

Leg Extensions: (this was done on the bench with Oly weights)
3 sets - 50lbs: 30 (I put these in between my heavy sets on squats to stretch a little bit. Not heavy but enough for what I wanted to do)

Calf Raises:
205: 10
245: 10
275: 10

Lying Leg curl (on bench with oly weights):
50 lbs: 10
60 lbs: 10
70 lbs: 10
80 lbs: 10

The last three lifts were done on a machine and the numbers are what the machine says it is but I am skeptical of that!

Leg press:
266: 10
318: 10
367: 10
420: 10

Leg extension:
127: 10
152: 10
172: 10
196: 10

Calf Press:
266: 10
318: 10
367: 10
420: 10

At the end of this, my legs were on fire! Has to be one of the best leg nights I've had for a while. I have gotten blown up doing high reps with lighter weight but this felt better to me! Maybe it is just a mental thing but I really think I got a better burn from last night than from past nights that I did high reps!

Dosing is still the same but I have begun to notice that my appetite is growing. My muscles have a fullness to them all day long and not a bloated fullness but hardness. My wife even commented on it in the shower last night with a "DANG honey!" as she rubbed my chest! Have been noticing a few more pimples than normal too. Nothing bad but just a few more.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this looks like the real deal-can't wait to try this out for myself.....nice log so far, best of luck!!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this looks like the real deal-can't wait to try this out for myself.....nice log so far, best of luck!!!
I like to reserve an opinion till the end but it IS looking very promising so far and thank you!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well it seems as though my stats were off just a bit. I'm not as tall as I once was or the doctor's assistant that took my height was wrong. ? Went in for my D.O.T. physical and they said that I am only 5'-6 1/4"! I've shrunk 3/4" and I'm only 34!! Hate to see how bad it gets when I'm old! LOL!

Taurus BigK

Taurus BigK

Awards
Great log so far! Please keep it up

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, I'm here & SUB'd, let's do this!!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well it seems as though my stats were off just a bit. I'm not as tall as I once was or the doctor's assistant that took my height was wrong. ? Went in for my D.O.T. physical and they said that I am only 5'-6 1/4"! I've shrunk 3/4" and I'm only 34!! Hate to see how bad it gets when I'm old! LOL!
No worries man. Probably different shoes that all :thumbsup:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

lol-old is relative.....

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol! Both times were without shoes!
Well this is a possibility... If you took one measurement as soon as you woke up and the 2nd measurement towards the end of the day, that can make about a 1/2 - 3/4" difference, the taller you are the bigger difference it can make as well!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol-old is relative.....
My wife says I still ACT like I'm 18! So it's you're only as old as you feel....or is it as old as the girls you're feeling? I guess that would put me back down to 28! Lol!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well this is a possibility... If you took one measurement as soon as you woke up and the 2nd measurement towards the end of the day, that can make about a 1/2 - 3/4" difference, the taller you are the bigger difference it can make as well!
I assume you mean because of the compression on the spinal discs from standing all day----Sure, I'll go with that! So what, you lose 2-3 inches during the day? LOL!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9; 8-18-2011

BB Shrugs: and Retracting BB Shrugs: (Did first set, rested for 10 sec., then did retracting sets)
165: 10
205: 10
225: 10

Wide grip Pull down:
5 sets of 10 with 120 lbs

Close grip pull down:

DB rows:
50 lb: 10
50 : 10
55: 10
60: 10
70: 10

DB curls:
45: 10
50: 10

Tricep Pushdown:

DB Tricep press:
30: 10

Wrist curl:

Rev. Wrist curl:
15 lb: 10
15: 10
20: 10

Hammer curl:
40 lb: 10 each arm

And then threw some flat bench in for the fun of it:
205:5
225: 5
245: 5
265: 2

For the first part of the workout I was going at a pretty good clip and energy was staying high. About 3/4 of the way through, it started to taper off but I just kept plugging away. I do miss using a Pre-WO to give me that extra push to get things done on nights like this! Never did really get fatigued or overly tired. My recovery time was faster than normal like when I was on BCAAs. I am getting more ASAP! I really miss those too! Strength didn't seem to be much of an issue tonight for my lifts so I will up the weights for the next session. Well, I guess I should say I will plan on it. I used a different pull back/ pulldown machine and it was a lot easier than mine is. I think that the way the pulleys are set up on mine make it harder to lift the same weight. I will go back to mine to get more of a workout next time! I thought for sure that I would have some pretty good DOMS from my leg night but never got any. There was just a little hint that I had pushed harder than ever before. It was a rather pleasant surprise! Not feeling too much soreness from these lifts either.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I assume you mean because of the compression on the spinal discs from standing all day----Sure, I'll go with that! So what, you lose 2-3 inches during the day? LOL!
No, in actuality you can lose anywhere between 1/2 - 2 inches, depending on how tall you are and how old you are, it is harder to keep the discs hydrated all day long as you get older and when you get much older and they start to harden with age is why older people are typically 1-2 inches shorter than in their youth, any more than that and it is because they are starting to hunch over/really bad posture!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dead serious, just do it as an experiment and post it here on your thread, tomorrow morning wake up and measure your height, even if it is as simple as putting a mark on a wall and then measuring it with a tape measure, then do it again right before you go to bed or start to relax for the night and maybe go into a recumbent position and then you will see how much your height varies, like I said it is different for everyone and there are too many variables to make an accurate prediction of the difference in a persons height in the beginning of the day vs. the end of the day, which is why there is only a range!

Post your measurements on here, educational ya know!!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Work has me on the road for now and I left my journal at home so I can't post up my Saturday workout. I will say that I was by myself so didn't do heavy weights on the bench again. Burned it out with higher reps again. I usually lift in the evening but had my birthday party Saturday evening so I lifted in the morning. Have to say that I prefer the evening lifting! Will post up when I get back home.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Work has me on the road for now and I left my journal at home so I can't post up my Saturday workout. I will say that I was by myself so didn't do heavy weights on the bench again. Burned it out with higher reps again. I usually lift in the evening but had my birthday party Saturday evening so I lifted in the morning. Have to say that I prefer the evening lifting! Will post up when I get back home.
What is it about the evening lifting that you like better? I mean I used to always lift in the late afternoon/evening as well, but once I was out of school and in the working world and tried it (waking up to hit the gym before work) a few times, I was in LOVE with getting it out of the way in the beginning of the day, but I mean to each his own, there is no right or wrong time, just curious as to why you like it so much better in the evening? Like I said for me, I think I like it better in the morning for two reasons: 1) I Love the way I feel for the rest of the day when it is done & 2) When I get off of work, the only obligation I have is to drive home, pack my gym bag for the next day, eat a meal and just relax before bed!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i like the morniong too, but i work nights, lol.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i like the morniong too, but i work nights, lol.
I just curious of opinions and reasonings, not to object, just to try and understand!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well for one, I have to be at work @ 6 am so going to my preacher's place to lift before that would be a little too early! The second reason is that I guess my body is just used to being able to shut down and crash 3 hours after the workout is over. Was really feeling like taking a nap for a while before my drive to get things done took complete control again! Had to get a lot done before my b-day party and had no time to nap!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally back home but wife is closing at work and I am on baby duty but I don't mind! Haven't seen my daughter all week so some father/daughter time is cool! Will lift tomorrow and post up Saturday's routine later tonight after baby girl goes to bed.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally back home but wife is closing at work and I am on baby duty but I don't mind! Haven't seen my daughter all week so some father/daughter time is cool! Will lift tomorrow and post up Saturday's routine later tonight after baby girl goes to bed.
def nice to have time with the kids

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 11; 8-20-2011

Flat bench;
165: 15

Incline bench;
95: 15
155: 10
175: 5

Decline bench;
95: 15
155: 12
175: 7

DB raises Front / Lateral;
15lb: 10 10
20lb: 10 10
20: 5 5

DB Flies;
45lb: 10

DB internal rotation; (rotator cuff)
20lb: 10
25: 10
35: 10

DB external rotation; (rotator cuff)
20lb: 10
35: 10

DB pullover;
50lb: 10
70: 10

This work out was done in little time (not sure how long it actually took) with very short if any breaks in the action. Being by myself, I didn't have to wait for someone else to be done before I could jump in. Of course by being the only one there, I didn't go heavy on the bench sense I didn't have a spotter so I just burned them out with higher reps on lower weight. By the end of the bench, I had definitely accomplished a good burn! My endurance has gone up slightly as stated before so it took a little more to get the burn but I got a burn none the less! Vascularity is still higher than normal and getting better the longer the cycle goes. Gonna look at finances to see if I can order another bottle to keep this going a little longer to see where it takes me! Just by what the mirror shows me, there is no increase in BF but weight has gone up by 3 pounds. No adverse sides to mention. Libido is still normal (high for some! LOL!) and body temp is still higher than normal. I usually run around 96.7 degrees so with the increase in body temp, I might be up around the normal 98.6 degrees? Muscles as still full all day long with a little better definition on my shoulders and arms. Legs are also showing a bit more definition so I guess some of the BF is going down after all - just not the love handles. LOL! Just means more cardio to burn that off! Diet suffered a little bit Saturday night as I had my b-day party. My wife made me some Mexican wedding cake with a cream cheese frost (TOTALLY SINFUL!) and I had a few water beers (the ones that you can see through) and a couple good beers (Guiness Extra Stout).

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well Dayyy-yumm, that is one hell of a workout there Brotha, and you did it fast you say, NICE!!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well Dayyy-yumm, that is one hell of a workout there Brotha, and you did it fast you say, NICE!!!
What kinda surprised me was there were no DOMS which made it VERY nice!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
solid updates here.happy bday by the way.
OH Damn, I caught the B-Day party, but thought you were talking about going to someone else's, my bad Bro... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :banana: