AnaBeta, RecoverPro, LeanGains - Oh My! (Sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

AnaBeta, RecoverPro, LeanGains - Oh My! (Sponsored)

Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I don't know if I like the sound of raspberry flavour BCAAs- I imagine them being very sickly?

    The lemon flavour is fine and very good value seeing as it works out to be the same cost per kilo as bulk 2:1:1 BCAAs here.

    Probably going to buy another tub. Waiting for the samples John kindly looked into sending me internationally. Does it include RecoverPro flavours?
    The sample kits do include both flavors of Maniac and RecoverPRO.

    I've been away for about a week...any chance for some bridge notes?
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  2. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    The sample kits do include both flavors of Maniac and RecoverPRO.

    I've been away for about a week...any chance for some bridge notes?
    Strength increasing steadily in Squat/Deadlift/Bench (despite jacked up shoulder), appetite and thirst in control, looking/feeling solid, RecoverPro tastes AWESOME and AnaBeta ROCKS!

    1st bottle AnaBeta almost gone, measurements and update pics this weekend.

    PES promised me a case of AnaBeta for free. AI Sports Nutrition offered me a sponsorship deal with a lifetime supply of RecoverPro.







    bdcc called me a bloody wanker, whatever that means...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  3. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    LOL. Thanks for the update
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Onlychevy6's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,961
    Rep Power
    311695

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Strength increasing steadily in Squat/Deadlift/Bench (despite jacked up shoulder), appetite and thirst in control, looking/feeling solid, RecoverPro tastes AWESOME and AnaBeta ROCKS!

    1st bottle AnaBeta almost gone, measurements and update pics this weekend.

    PES promised me a case of AnaBeta for free. AI Sports Nutrition offered me a sponsorship deal with a lifetime supply of RecoverPro.







    bdcc called me a bloody wanker, whatever that means...

    Unbelievable.... Take care of that shoulder before you lose it.
  5. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989350

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Milas you are either blowing smoke, or you are the luckiest supplement whore ever....
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  6. Professional Member
    Onlychevy6's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,961
    Rep Power
    311695

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Milas you are either blowing smoke, or you are the luckiest supplement whore ever....
    Right.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Milas you are either blowing smoke, or you are the luckiest supplement whore ever....
    I may have embellished a little bit...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  8. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation



    Good stuff! Nothing like a nice laugh after killing it at the gym.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  9. Advanced Member
    SuppJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    971
    Rep Power
    211959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I may have embellished a little bit...

    Good job bro, I have been following along as usual. This lean gains diet has me intriuged (spelling). Anyway, I am thinking of giving that a run down the road. Now more importantly, I have a bottle of Anebeta already amd I am going to get another. That will be my next cycle when its time..SJ
  10. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SuppJunkie View Post
    Good job bro, I have been following along as usual. This lean gains diet has me intriuged (spelling). Anyway, I am thinking of giving that a run down the road. Now more importantly, I have a bottle of Anebeta already amd I am going to get another. That will be my next cycle when its time..SJ
    Lean Gains seems alright, works better for some than others IMO. Worth a try.

    AnaBeta is great for a natty supplement, seems to be working very well for me!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  11. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,761
    Rep Power
    10751402

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post

    AnaBeta is great for a natty supplement, seems to be working very well for me!
    yeah, me too.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  12. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I outright deny the previous allegation.

    I said he was a mighty pleasant fellow!
  13. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I outright deny the previous allegation.I said he was a mighty pleasant fellow!
    Caught me again...And you sir are an upstanding chap! I just have to keep you on your toes!
  14. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,681
    Rep Power
    4607651

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Nice lift Milas, yeah running can take it out of your legs for sure and for a few days at that.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  15. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Lean Gains seems alright, works better for some than others IMO. Worth a try.
    Just curious (in your opinion) is Lean Gains working for you? If so, is it working as well for you as it is for Doug & Chris? I have plans to give Lean Gains a fair shake when I am done getting ripped up for Halloween! They keep trying to talk me into starting now, but from what I've seen, it takes a few weeks to really dial it in and I have my diet dialed in as to what has worked so many times before, I just don't want to fix something that isn't broke when Halloween is so important to me! My goals are never really to get much bigger, always trying to increase leg girth though, so I'll probably try it out to see if I can gain lean mass only while staying around 6% BF, to me, if that is successful, then it will have more than proven itself!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  16. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    I'd say honestly my results have not been as stellar as Doug or Chris on LeanGains. I believe you could attribute most progress to diet control versus timing and LG. Personally, I can manipulate my calories during the day and clean up things here and there to cut, or add in oats and I add weight (something about me and oats!). I wouldn't say I've had TONS more freedom than what I typically do.

    On the other hand, I've remained relatively lean and added muscle strength back after my last severe cut. I wouldn't say my bf% has magically gone down just through LG, or that I've miraculously built muscle/recomp. I think it's following the normal pattern of managed nutrition and exercise.

    Honestly, I will likely drop LG at the end of this in favor of my normal eating patterns. Missing morning meals really sucks on workout days, and my wife notices I'm more irritable/testy/on-edge when I don't eat in the morning.

    In my opinion, LeanGains is a way for people to control the amount of calories they take in, I feel it's really kinda hard to get enough calories to bulk on LG. With meals spread throughout the day, it's a lot easier for calories here and there to add up without people realizing it. With LG, you get a much shorter period of time and thus more controlled intake of calories.

    I've learned some things from it, but there are some tried and true methods out there that can be just as effective as another. It's really up to what works for you and what can you maintain control over. There's no "miracle diet" IMO, it's calories in vs. calories out and the macro/micro nutrients that go with it, and some slight play in timing (mainly around workouts).

    So, long story short is that it CAN work but it doesn't fit my preference or lifestyle, and my progress has been nothing out of the ordinary. IMO if you have something that works for YOU, stick with it until you stop making the progress you want, and try something different.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  17. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Day 23: 7/20 Back/Biceps

    1.5 Scoops Modern BCAA
    1 Scoop Maximize V2
    1 cap AnaBeta

    Deadlifts
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    405 x 7
    455 x 3
    405 x 6
    315 x 12

    WG Low Cable Row
    160 x 10
    200 x 10
    220 x 10
    240 x 10
    240 x 10

    CG Pull Down
    140 x 10
    160 x 10
    180 x 10
    200 x 10
    220 x 9

    Pull Down Machine
    130 x 12
    170 x 10
    210 x 5

    Straight Arm Pull Down
    30 x 12
    40 x 12
    50 x 10

    Rope Cable Curl
    55 x 12 (5 sets)

    Isolateral Curl Machine
    100 x 10 (5 sets)


    Well, deadlifts were stuck where they were at last week (actually 1 less rep at 405). My lower back was just feeling too sore. I may switch to do DLs every other week, I just don't feel like it was fully recovered today (maybe partially due to squats yesterday too). I'll probably switch to doing SLDL's on off weeks for hamstrings and stick with DLs every other week, that way I can get my fix without over-straining my LB.

    Other lifts felt good, excellent contraction and mind-muscle connection on the CG Pulldown and WG Low Row, I could feel the muscles I wanted to work. Biceps were so-so, got a good pump but nothing exceptional to report.

    Looking forward to lunch, I may go to the sushi buffet with wife/son, here's hoping!


    So, with AnaBeta, what would happen if I took 3-6 in one serving? Want me to find out?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  18. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Maybe you should cycle your posterior chain exercise in the same way the Westside Barbell guys do without the maximal lift aspect and keep a few of them on rotation.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  19. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I'd say honestly my results have not been as stellar as Doug or Chris on LeanGains. I believe you could attribute most progress to diet control versus timing and LG. Personally, I can manipulate my calories during the day and clean up things here and there to cut, or add in oats and I add weight (something about me and oats!). I wouldn't say I've had TONS more freedom than what I typically do.

    On the other hand, I've remained relatively lean and added muscle strength back after my last severe cut. I wouldn't say my bf% has magically gone down just through LG, or that I've miraculously built muscle/recomp. I think it's following the normal pattern of managed nutrition and exercise.

    Honestly, I will likely drop LG at the end of this in favor of my normal eating patterns. Missing morning meals really sucks on workout days, and my wife notices I'm more irritable/testy/on-edge when I don't eat in the morning.

    In my opinion, LeanGains is a way for people to control the amount of calories they take in, I feel it's really kinda hard to get enough calories to bulk on LG. With meals spread throughout the day, it's a lot easier for calories here and there to add up without people realizing it. With LG, you get a much shorter period of time and thus more controlled intake of calories.

    I've learned some things from it, but there are some tried and true methods out there that can be just as effective as another. It's really up to what works for you and what can you maintain control over. There's no "miracle diet" IMO, it's calories in vs. calories out and the macro/micro nutrients that go with it, and some slight play in timing (mainly around workouts).

    So, long story short is that it CAN work but it doesn't fit my preference or lifestyle, and my progress has been nothing out of the ordinary. IMO if you have something that works for YOU, stick with it until you stop making the progress you want, and try something different.
    Thank You, that is exactly what I was looking for!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  20. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    2720

    Reputation

    subd

    keep killing it bro
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  21. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Maybe you should cycle your posterior chain exercise in the same way the Westside Barbell guys do without the maximal lift aspect and keep a few of them on rotation.
    Probably a good idea. I used to be able to hit squats day 1, DLs day 2, and SLDL day 3 without much problem. Now I can't even get through day 2! I'm getting prematurely old...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Thank You, that is exactly what I was looking for!
    No problem. I am very direct and honest, but it's just one man's opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    subd

    keep killing it bro
    Thanks, I'm hoping for some new PRs soon, just gotta keep my body injury free (or close to it)! Maybe get some sleep too!!!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  22. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,681
    Rep Power
    4607651

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I'd say honestly my results have not been as stellar as Doug or Chris on LeanGains. I believe you could attribute most progress to diet control versus timing and LG. Personally, I can manipulate my calories during the day and clean up things here and there to cut, or add in oats and I add weight (something about me and oats!). I wouldn't say I've had TONS more freedom than what I typically do.

    On the other hand, I've remained relatively lean and added muscle strength back after my last severe cut. I wouldn't say my bf% has magically gone down just through LG, or that I've miraculously built muscle/recomp. I think it's following the normal pattern of managed nutrition and exercise.

    Honestly, I will likely drop LG at the end of this in favor of my normal eating patterns. Missing morning meals really sucks on workout days, and my wife notices I'm more irritable/testy/on-edge when I don't eat in the morning.

    In my opinion, LeanGains is a way for people to control the amount of calories they take in, I feel it's really kinda hard to get enough calories to bulk on LG. With meals spread throughout the day, it's a lot easier for calories here and there to add up without people realizing it. With LG, you get a much shorter period of time and thus more controlled intake of calories.

    I've learned some things from it, but there are some tried and true methods out there that can be just as effective as another. It's really up to what works for you and what can you maintain control over. There's no "miracle diet" IMO, it's calories in vs. calories out and the macro/micro nutrients that go with it, and some slight play in timing (mainly around workouts).

    So, long story short is that it CAN work but it doesn't fit my preference or lifestyle, and my progress has been nothing out of the ordinary. IMO if you have something that works for YOU, stick with it until you stop making the progress you want, and try something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Thank You, that is exactly what I was looking for!
    Milas makes a lot of good points and several that I have mentioned before in the LeanGains thread. I don't think LG is magical as far as what it can do. I mean the science is there and it definitely works. It is MUCH easier for me, and I have more success on it than a typical diet.

    I will say that people with slower metabolisms really seem to do well on LG but the guys like Milas who need 4000 cals to make maintenance are may not have as easy of a time with it. I have not seen anyone actually bulk with it yet. Nor do I know of anyone who actually knows what the recommendations for bulking on it are. However for cutting / recomping it works excellently and takes very little planning, and food choices are definitely open. I think people who try to get everything in with clean foods have a harder time with it as well because it is very easy to get full on oats, and fibrous foods.

    I don't know that I would say that it is more effective than your typical body builder diet, however for me it is much easier to stick with much more forgiving on food choices and those things make it more effective for me. In other words for me I get more out of it than what I have to put into the making the diet work. I do think it is superior for keeping muscle during a cut, as well as keeping strength up. Muscle wasting and catabolism is going to be lower with this type of eating during a cut.

    As far as bulking which is what Milas has been doing I really don't know, and don't know how Martin has the macros and calories set up for a lean bulk so I can not make any comments on the effectiveness for that. I would have to actually know we were doing what we should before I could say anything about the effectiveness on a bulk.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  23. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Milas makes a lot of good points and several that I have mentioned before in the LeanGains thread. I don't think LG is magical as far as what it can do. I mean the science is there and it definitely works. It is MUCH easier for me, and I have more success on it than a typical diet.

    I will say that people with slower metabolisms really seem to do well on LG but the guys like Milas who need 4000 cals to make maintenance are may not have as easy of a time with it. I have not seen anyone actually bulk with it yet. Nor do I know of anyone who actually knows what the recommendations for bulking on it are. However for cutting / recomping it works excellently and takes very little planning, and food choices are definitely open. I think people who try to get everything in with clean foods have a harder time with it as well because it is very easy to get full on oats, and fibrous foods.

    I don't know that I would say that it is more effective than your typical body builder diet, however for me it is much easier to stick with much more forgiving on food choices and those things make it more effective for me. In other words for me I get more out of it than what I have to put into the making the diet work. I do think it is superior for keeping muscle during a cut, as well as keeping strength up. Muscle wasting and catabolism is going to be lower with this type of eating during a cut.

    As far as bulking which is what Milas has been doing I really don't know, and don't know how Martin has the macros and calories set up for a lean bulk so I can not make any comments on the effectiveness for that. I would have to actually know we were doing what we should before I could say anything about the effectiveness on a bulk.
    Hell Bro, this is starting to sound like a really good theme for a LOG, "ScottyDoc's experimental LG-Bulk... Come learn with Us!!!" Believe me Chris, from everything you tell me, it sounds like the perfect daily diet for me, I'm talking about my every-day 90% of the year way I eat, but unless next year rolls around and I'm below 6% BF, I'll still switch over to my pre-contest bodybuilder-esk diet, I just won't have to do it 16 wks out, more like 6-8 wks out at the most if I can maintain 6%! No worries, I'm totally in this for the long haul and I have heard enough to like Lean Gains and play with it for a little while and see what I can take from it!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  24. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,459
    Rep Power
    684951

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Milas makes a lot of good points and several that I have mentioned before in the LeanGains thread. I don't think LG is magical as far as what it can do. I mean the science is there and it definitely works. It is MUCH easier for me, and I have more success on it than a typical diet.

    I will say that people with slower metabolisms really seem to do well on LG but the guys like Milas who need 4000 cals to make maintenance are may not have as easy of a time with it. I have not seen anyone actually bulk with it yet. Nor do I know of anyone who actually knows what the recommendations for bulking on it are. However for cutting / recomping it works excellently and takes very little planning, and food choices are definitely open. I think people who try to get everything in with clean foods have a harder time with it as well because it is very easy to get full on oats, and fibrous foods.

    I don't know that I would say that it is more effective than your typical body builder diet, however for me it is much easier to stick with much more forgiving on food choices and those things make it more effective for me. In other words for me I get more out of it than what I have to put into the making the diet work. I do think it is superior for keeping muscle during a cut, as well as keeping strength up. Muscle wasting and catabolism is going to be lower with this type of eating during a cut.

    As far as bulking which is what Milas has been doing I really don't know, and don't know how Martin has the macros and calories set up for a lean bulk so I can not make any comments on the effectiveness for that. I would have to actually know we were doing what we should before I could say anything about the effectiveness on a bulk.
    I am just some sort of hyper-responder to this diet. To the point that it's freaking me out a bit... I mean it's easily changed me from and endo to a meso with less effort than I have ever used on any eating protocol. I'm leaner harder dryer (some of that is supps). This is the look I have been going for all my life and frankly I have pretty much already achieved it. Now I just want to see how far I can push it... man no extra cardio and I get to stuff my face!! You should have seen the look on the faces of people who were watching me chow down this weekend lol then I would say to them "Yah and I will continue to get leaner". They couldn't get their head around it. I did a lean bulk and gained 8 lbs in 4.5 weeks so I know it works that way too. Now it has always been easy for me to bulk up but now I can do it and lose a bit of fat while I do it leaving me bigger in the long run.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  25. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Maybe your injury is down to bad karma.

    If you want you can send me some money via paypal and all will be resolved.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  26. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Maybe your injury is down to bad karma.

    If you want you can send me some money via paypal and all will be resolved.
    Are you the Karma Police...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  27. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I am just some sort of hyper-responder to this diet. To the point that it's freaking me out a bit... I mean it's easily changed me from and endo to a meso with less effort than I have ever used on any eating protocol. I'm leaner harder dryer (some of that is supps). This is the look I have been going for all my life and frankly I have pretty much already achieved it. Now I just want to see how far I can push it... man no extra cardio and I get to stuff my face!! You should have seen the look on the faces of people who were watching me chow down this weekend lol then I would say to them "Yah and I will continue to get leaner". They couldn't get their head around it. I did a lean bulk and gained 8 lbs in 4.5 weeks so I know it works that way too. Now it has always been easy for me to bulk up but now I can do it and lose a bit of fat while I do it leaving me bigger in the long run.
    You definitely are a hyper responder, and your results show it Doug. It's finding what's right for you and maintaining it that's important IMO. I'm all in favor of trying new stuff out, it's the spice of life after all, and it teaches us more about ourselves!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  28. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I'd say honestly my results have not been as stellar as Doug or Chris on LeanGains. I believe you could attribute most progress to diet control versus timing and LG. Personally, I can manipulate my calories during the day and clean up things here and there to cut, or add in oats and I add weight (something about me and oats!). I wouldn't say I've had TONS more freedom than what I typically do.

    On the other hand, I've remained relatively lean and added muscle strength back after my last severe cut. I wouldn't say my bf% has magically gone down just through LG, or that I've miraculously built muscle/recomp. I think it's following the normal pattern of managed nutrition and exercise.

    Honestly, I will likely drop LG at the end of this in favor of my normal eating patterns. Missing morning meals really sucks on workout days, and my wife notices I'm more irritable/testy/on-edge when I don't eat in the morning.

    In my opinion, LeanGains is a way for people to control the amount of calories they take in, I feel it's really kinda hard to get enough calories to bulk on LG. With meals spread throughout the day, it's a lot easier for calories here and there to add up without people realizing it. With LG, you get a much shorter period of time and thus more controlled intake of calories.

    I've learned some things from it, but there are some tried and true methods out there that can be just as effective as another. It's really up to what works for you and what can you maintain control over. There's no "miracle diet" IMO, it's calories in vs. calories out and the macro/micro nutrients that go with it, and some slight play in timing (mainly around workouts).

    So, long story short is that it CAN work but it doesn't fit my preference or lifestyle, and my progress has been nothing out of the ordinary. IMO if you have something that works for YOU, stick with it until you stop making the progress you want, and try something different.
    Same for me, overall my mental focus suffers from not eating in the morning after working out as I start work right after very depleted. And I've seen maybe slight results, but nothing earth shattering beyond what i'd expect from dietary control. Then too, I was already pretty insulin sensitive to begin with, which is one of the big helps that IF gives. And even if its maximized my GH output, it may be that my maximal output isn't that much more than my normal and is still low...
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  29. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,681
    Rep Power
    4607651

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Yeah I definitely think it is all more about preference and natural inclinations. THis fits right in with how my body wants to run. I also want to try the method of having a small post workout meal in the AM then starting my feast later in the day. Kind of along the lines of Burn the Fat Build the Muscle, or the Warrior Diet for bodybuilding.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  30. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,459
    Rep Power
    684951

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    You definitely are a hyper responder, and your results show it Doug. It's finding what's right for you and maintaining it that's important IMO. I'm all in favor of trying new stuff out, it's the spice of life after all, and it teaches us more about ourselves!
    Yah I am pretty happy about the way things are going. I know this works best for people like me, who a) don't need to eat frequently b) like to eat till they're very full and c) gain very easily.

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Same for me, overall my mental focus suffers from not eating in the morning after working out as I start work right after very depleted. And I've seen maybe slight results, but nothing earth shattering beyond what i'd expect from dietary control. Then too, I was already pretty insulin sensitive to begin with, which is one of the big helps that IF gives. And even if its maximized my GH output, it may be that my maximal output isn't that much more than my normal and is still low...
    My mental focus has improved by a fair margin not so much at first but as time goes on I am much more alert. It's actually when I eat I get more drowsy. Again as far bulking goes I gain easily and it does not require a large calorie surplus. I can easily do 4000 if need be all that aside and still I think that is probably too high for me anyway so no problems in that department.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  31. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Day 24: 7/21 Chest/Hamstring

    1.5 Scoops Modern BCAA
    1 Scoop Maximize V2
    1 cap AnaBeta

    Good Mornings
    155 x 10 (5 sets)

    Seated Leg Curls
    130 x 12
    150 x 12
    170 x 12
    190 x 10
    210 x 8

    GHR
    bw x 10 (5 sets)

    Dips
    bw x 15
    +25 x 15
    +45 x 15
    +70 x 15
    +90 x 10
    +115 x 5
    +115 x 5

    High Cable Cross Over
    25 x 12 (5 sets)

    Low Calbe Cross Over
    25 x 12 (5 sets)


    Put this in by memory, so numbers may be a bit off. Overall good effort on hamstrings and chest (at least what I can do). I tried neutral grip DB presses, but still put too much pressure on my shoulder. I want to be more recovered before I try anything that really bothers my shoulder.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  32. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Day 25-27: off

    Took some time off, slept in on Friday and skipped arms/shoulder day. I was up late and didn't want to sacrifice rest for arms/shoulders when I've done bis/tris already, and my shoulder is still recovering.

    Day 27 I didn't eat until 6PM, then went to Texas de Brazil and GORGED myself on endless piles of meat and potatoes!!! I took 1 cap AnaBeta before dinner and 3 caps during dinner. When I got home I LITERALLY passed out. I didn't help my wife with ANYTHING, like helping put our son to be. She said it was the last time she does a date night with me, LOL! I topped it all off with homemade banana bread and a greens/probiotic drink, SERIOUS food coma! I woke back up around 12:30AM and took care of some business, took another cap of AnaBeta, and went back to bed. Now THAT'S an anabolic meal!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  33. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Day 28: 7/25 Chest/Tris

    1.5 Scoops Modern BCAA
    1 Scoop Maximize V2
    1 cap AnaBeta

    Dips
    bw x 15
    +25 x 15
    +45 x 15
    +70 x 15
    +90 x 12
    +115 x 6 (rest pause x 3)
    +90 x 8 (rest pause x 4)

    Incline Bench Cable Fly ss w/ Flat Bench Cable Fly ss w/ Rope Press Down
    22.5 x 12 / 22.5 x 12 / 60 x 12
    25 x 12 / 25 x 12 / 60 x 12
    27.5 x 12 / 27.5 x 12 / 60 x 12
    30 x 12 / 30 x 12 / 60 x 12
    30 x 12 / 30 x 12 / 60 x 12

    Low Pulley Cable Cross-Over ss w/ Pushups (decline/flat/incline) ss w/ Overhead Cable Tricep Extension
    20 x 12 / 10x10x10 / 35 x 12
    25 x 12 / 10x8x8 / 40 x 12
    27.5 x 12 / 8x6x6 / 45 x 12
    30 x 10 / 6x5x5 / 50 x 12
    35 x 8 / 5x5x5 / 55 x 12


    Chest was dead after this, it was really taxing on the supersets. I'm really hoping with my time off from bench that I'll improve my inner, outer, and lower pec definition with all the dips and flys. I'm not expecting as much mass, but hoping for more crisp lines and maybe some power in lagging areas. We'll see, I've never done this before...

    Triceps are getting a good workout too, doing a few different exercises. I felt it a lot more in my triceps today on dips, so I guess my chest is getting stronger on them and my triceps aren't keeping up? I try to lean forward a lot when doing dips to put more emphasis on chest, but maybe not enough today? Regardless, I like loading up the dip belt and going at it!

    I took some update pics yesterday too, and measurements this morning. I'll be posting results soon...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  34. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Results after 1st bottle:

    weight: 200 --> 204 (+ or - 2lbs)

    Measurements (cold and unflexed):

    Chest: 42.5" --> 43" (+0.5")
    Arms: 14.5" --> 14.6" (+0.1")
    Forearms: 12.5"
    Waist: 34.5" --> 34.5" (same)
    Neck: 15"
    Left Leg: 23" --> 24" (+1")
    Right Leg: 24" --> 25" (+1")
    Left Calf: 15.5" --> 15.75" (+0.25")
    Right Calf: 16" --> 16.5" (+0.5")


    So the biggest improvement was in legs, which is right where I wanted it, and you'll notice it in the pictures when I load them. Also good improvement in chest given my situation with an injured shoulder preventing me from benching.

    My wife noticed it really in my legs and shoulders. Arms didn't grow much, it was between 14.5" and 14.75" this time, so small improvement, but my arms RARELY grow much. I may need to put more emphasis on them...

    I'm still disproportionate in my lower body, I'm going to have to step up my isolateral work to get my left caught up. Either that or I can look like the dude from "Lady in the Water" who only worked the one side of his body for the lulz... NAH!

    So, from here, I'm looking forward to seeing what a 2nd bottle of AnaBeta will do! I might even extend out and add a 3rd bottle depending on how things are progressing!!! So far, I'd compare my time on AnaBeta to that of a low-dosed mild prohormone, like Bold or 1-Andro. Both work best 6-8 weeks, so I'm interested to see where I'll be at those points in time, but progress is on track...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  35. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    "Isolateral"? Two can play this game!

    Great update. A quarter of an inch on arms is awesome. This is what I got on my run as well.

    Love the detailed feedback. I would rep you for being meticulous but it doesn't have the feature on my phone.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    "Isolateral"? Two can play this game!

    Great update. A quarter of an inch on arms is awesome. This is what I got on my run as well.

    Love the detailed feedback. I would rep you for being meticulous but it doesn't have the feature on my phone.
    You could always just neg me for being a bloody Yank'!

    Sounds like we are quite "similar" in many ways...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  37. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Rep Power
    10502207

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I would never be racist. Even when you lot gang up on me.

    Keep up the good work my man, great log. I might start negging people who don't supply lots of detail in their reviews in hope of making everyone step their games up!
  38. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I would never be racist. Even when you lot gang up on me.

    Keep up the good work my man, great log. I might start negging people who don't supply lots of detail in their reviews in hope of making everyone step their games up!
    American is a race now??? Is it because we speak American? I'm not racist either, I just don't like stupid people of any ethnicity!

    All good fun, chap! I hope you take no offense at my digs to you, they are all said in good jest since I know you can take it (and dish it out)!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  39. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I'm still disproportionate in my lower body, I'm going to have to step up my isolateral work to get my left caught up. Either that or I can look like the dude from "Lady in the Water" who only worked the one side of his body for the lulz... NAH!
    Funny that you say that because when someone posted one time about being disproportionate I searched high and low for a good picture or video of that and could not find one to save my life, I remember when I first saw that movie I was like Whoa, how did they do that, LoL!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  40. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ask and though shall receive, found it...

    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ATTN: Users of PES AnaBeta and those interested in AnaBeta
    By nattydisaster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 637
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 04:41 AM
  2. LeanGains Cycle
    By ssbackwards in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 313
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 05:41 PM
  3. LeanGains Diet Plan and Questions
    By T50 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 05:24 AM
  4. JD's Quest To Succes! LeanGains Diet
    By JudgementDay in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 399
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 10:30 AM
  5. RecoverPro
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in