1. 7/9

Bench
    135x5
    185x3
    225x3
    245x1
    275x1 (tied PR)
    295x1 (maxi; PR)

V-Pressdowns (w/ Fat Gripz): 4x10 (forgot the weight)
    Band Facepulls (Avg)/Pullaparts (Monster Mini): 4x15

DC Stretches

Another bitchin' session. I was able to really warm-up and loosen my shoulders since the group on this day was really small and one guy was running late. Typical for me, I managed to set/tie 2 major PRs and then do something incredibly stupid: on the pressdowns, I lost my grip and the V-Handle came flying up and I chipped a tooth in the process. Not a major chip, but I still felt like a dumbass regardless.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. 7/11

Squat
    BarX10 (Mast bar)
    140x5
    230x5
    320x1
    370x1
    410x1 (PR!)

Reverse Hypers
    70x12x3

Standing Cable Crunches
    70x15
    105x15x4

DC Stretches

I got the chance to go squat with my team, which I usually don't get to do. 6 months ago, I was struggling to break 315 and I made 405 my goal for a year from then. At the time, I thought it was a lofty goal, but I set high expectations to keep me driven. Apparently, I severely underestimated myself and what I am capable of accomplishing. The session started out kinda meh; my right groin was tight and I was struggling a bit to adapt to the monolift. However, I go my thighs and hips loosened up and knew it was time to try the long awaited 4 plates. I chalked up, wrapped up my wrists, threw on my belt, and took a huge hit of Nose Tork (it smells like cat piss). Getting under the bar, I was slightly nervous, but I had spotters and the catching straps. I lifted the bar out of the hooks, the mono was moved, I took big air, and started my descent. I heard my coach yelling out, "Back! Back! Back! UP!! UP!!" and, before I knew it, I had just squatted 410. In less than 6 months, I've added 105 lbs to my squat. Next up: 455 by the end of the year.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. AMAZING PR!!!!!!!!!!

one day i hope to squat 405. hehe, i'm struggling to get 285X5 full squats. I blame it on longer legs but i should really just tighten my core lol.

Great motivation !

4. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    AMAZING PR!!!!!!!!!!

one day i hope to squat 405. hehe, i'm struggling to get 285X5 full squats. I blame it on longer legs but i should really just tighten my core lol.

Great motivation !
    If I had to name 3 reasons for the strength gains, it would be:
    1. Proper shoes
    2. Heavy, standing core work
    3. Box squats
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If I had to name 3 reasons for the strength gains, it would be:
    1. Proper shoes
    2. Heavy, standing core work
    3. Box squats

Good advice! I know Mike Mahler (kettle bell guy) really advocates standing core work. What types of movements would you suggest?

having a home gym, the shoes is an issue. I squat barefoot. Box squats are doable, kinda, I would squat onto my bench lol.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Good advice! I know Mike Mahler (kettle bell guy) really advocates standing core work. What types of movements would you suggest?

having a home gym, the shoes is an issue. I squat barefoot. Box squats are doable, kinda, I would squat onto my bench lol.
    Standing cable crunches and decline sit ups.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. 7/12

Overhead Press: 115x5, 135x3, 145x8 (PR)
    Pullups: 3 sets wide, 3 sets neutral
    Incline DB Press: 80x12, 90x8, 90x8
    Pressdowns (w/ Fat Gripz)/BB Shrugs: 190x12/295x15, 190x12/295x15, 190x15/295x15

DC Stretches

Great, great, great session. I took a few months off of straight OHP and it's paying huge dividends. My conditioning is a bit off right now because I find myself having to slow down a bit because my HR gets a bit too high, but that can easily be corrected and adjusted. I do NOT attribute it to the WF as this only happens during the accessory work and when I'm supersetting.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. What do you wear for shoes when lifting?

9. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    What do you wear for shoes when lifting?
    Squats/Deads: High-top Chuck's
    Other days: Asics Gel Frantics
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. 7/15

Deficit Deads: 135x5, 225x5, 315x3, 365x1, 405x1
    Deads: 405x3
    Walking DB Lunges: 70x12x3
    Kneeling Cable Crunches/Hanging Leg Raises: 160x15/BWx12, 190x12/BWx12, 190x12/BWx12

DC Stretches

7/16

Bench
    135x8
    185x5
    225x3
    275x5 (reverse green bands)
    315x3 (reverse green bands)
    365x1 (reverse green bands)
    405x1 (reverse green bands, 2-boards)

Pressdowns (Fat Gripz)/Band Facepulls: 80x12x3/Green Band x12x3

DC Stretches

Getting to the end of the tub; I probably have another 4-6 sessions left. Deads was more or less a deload session as I've hit a bit of a plateau lately. Plus, I really hit a major PR on squats and I know the CNS could use a break. I decided to do a lot of reverse band work for bench to get the feeling of having extra weight in my hands and maintaining technique as the weight gets heavier. My results so far have been mixed in that area.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

11. Awsome PR man! Yea im with you on the deadlift platues. Keep killing it and youll smash your meet

12. FINAL REVIEW:

I'll break this down into several categories:

Flavor: 9/10
    Very smooth and didn't taste overly artificial. It also was not overly sweet, which is usually the case with Watermelon flavors.

Mixability: 10/10
    2 ice cubes, Blender Ball, shake, and it's done. No clumps at all and took about 20s to disperse.

Energy/Focus: 8/10
    I took a little longer to kick in than I expected, but, once it did, it was a clean, smooth energy. I didn't have a 1,3 high, but I also didn't get the crash or appetite suppression that I get with 1,3.

Thermogenesis: 10/10
    This kicked in before the energy and I would often find myself sweating while I was foam rolling and doing my pre-hab. By the end of the session, I would be drenched and my towel was saturated.

I would definitely recommend this to people in the future. The price is great and you get a whole lot of servings. I didn't notice any attenuation to the product and that's pretty rare on the pre-WO market right now. I also liked the changes to this one compared to the OG version.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. WATERMELON White Flood REVIEW ~Monstermash~
    By monstermash in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 08:11 AM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
  3. Watermelon White Flood with 5/3/1, Sponsored
    By SweetLou321 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 61