Keeping my head in the game.. with FOCUS XT (sponsored log)

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Keeping my head in the game.. with FOCUS XT (sponsored log)

Thanks SNS for the Focus XT! For me focus is what I look for in a PRE as I naturally am 'in the zone' anything that ephasizes that it is a real bonus for me. Focus is so important to me that I dont go to a Gym, I bought everything I needed and have my own Gym albeit in my garage.... feel like Rocky Balboa's gym... dirty, dimly lit, hot... no distractions, no ammenities.

Previous PRE experience (tubs): N.O.Explode, Ultima+PumpBol mix
    (samples): White Flood 1.0, NOXVOL (think thats what it was called), Juggernaut

So Thursday is a cardio only day so I didnt expect to start this log until today but leaving the office I was drained. For those in my field you know that even know it was a non physical day, mental exhaustion is a very real thing. I got home and thought there was no way I was going to do any cardio... not happening....

I decided well, let me taste this FocusXT... Mixed up a glass and the color was cotton candy meets pepto bismo! but it mixed perfectly (10/10 on the mix). that was in a glass with a spoon, not a shaker. The taste was almost un-noticeable and it may be because of the water/powder ration I used. I will experiment with this and report back.

30 minutes later I actually felt calmed and alert... very cool combo, jumped on the treadmill and knocked out 30 minutes no problem.

Here is what prompted me to write about a Thursday though, after cardio my lady friend comes over and we have a argument, I wont get into details... but I was soooooooo calm. It was weird, she was yelling, and crying and flipping out... I was totally calm cool and collected. When I spoke it was just above a whisper. There is NO doubt that FocusXT contributed to that... why? well cuz I dont do that. I am already a little irritable from the Swole Stack that I am in my 5th week on.

So I calmed the whole situation down, she chilled out and all was well in my world.

Ill report more later, today is Arms/abs day - yeah I have an Arms only day - u mad? if it wasnt arm day it would be a rest day, and rest days PISS ME OFF!
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

With focus .. There won't be rest days lol

Subbed in .. Gluck glad u like the taste, yeah need to keep experiment with water/focus ratio .. Took me 2-3days
    S.n.S team member
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

ok update:

I must say when I open the tub of Focus XT the smell is overpowering... not a fan. With that being said - that ultimately does NOT matter. Once in a glass and mixed, there is literally no smell and the taste is very mild. I use about 12 ounces of water so I would imagine if I wanted more taste I would use less water but taste is not important to me. It does taste true to label - pink lemonade.

FOCUS: well its exactly that... Focus. I down my glass and 30-45 minutes Im standing in my Gym(garage) and thinking - wow no noticable effects. but then it occurs that 30 minutes earlier I was ready to fall asleep on my feet and now I am ready to hit the weights. All my focus is setting up the bar and getting on it. Very smooth effects... just kind of "happens" without even noticing it.

NO jitters, NO excess energy, nothing like that AT ALL... really really smooth. I can totally see where this could be used for more than a PRE...

Can't thank SNS enough for this opportunity. Focus has given me faith in SNS that I just recently grabbed some SNS DAA for a DAA/erase run to cut after my current run.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.21%

Quote Originally Posted by StangBanger View Post
    ok update:

I must say when I open the tub of Focus XT the smell is overpowering... not a fan. With that being said - that ultimately does NOT matter. Once in a glass and mixed, there is literally no smell and the taste is very mild. I use about 12 ounces of water so I would imagine if I wanted more taste I would use less water but taste is not important to me. It does taste true to label - pink lemonade.

FOCUS: well its exactly that... Focus. I down my glass and 30-45 minutes Im standing in my Gym(garage) and thinking - wow no noticable effects. but then it occurs that 30 minutes earlier I was ready to fall asleep on my feet and now I am ready to hit the weights. All my focus is setting up the bar and getting on it. Very smooth effects... just kind of "happens" without even noticing it.

NO jitters, NO excess energy, nothing like that AT ALL... really really smooth. I can totally see where this could be used for more than a PRE...

Can't thank SNS enough for this opportunity. Focus has given me faith in SNS that I just recently grabbed some SNS DAA for a DAA/erase run to cut after my current run.
    I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. Personally I mix mine in 4-6oz of water because I really enjoy a stronger flavor. Pink Lemonade is tied for my favorite with Blue Raspberry.

The beauty with Focus XT is how it doesn't hit you like a brick wall, nor does it make you crash. It's a effortlessly smooth reaction and really outperforms the competition in my opinion.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%

In!
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.28%

I like to smell the bottle when i open things, I coughed a little bit this time. 4-6oz is a good amount, i like havign lots of flavor.
    I like that it doesn't smack you in the face because usually that measn your gonna crash later. althought its pretty cool for me that i find myself feeling it with a certain trigger: music, stretch, etc.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.75%

In! Really interested in this product. I really enjoy focus amplification.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.16%

ok update:

Glad you are enjoying it. Good observation about the subtle feel better energy. That is the goal, focus, concentration, and energy without the crash afterwards.

Taste wise, it just depends on the person. I like it to have a strong taste, so I use alot less water.

I think you will be very pleased with the DAA + ERASE stack.

Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. Personally I mix mine in 4-6oz of water because I really enjoy a stronger flavor. Pink Lemonade is tied for my favorite with Blue Raspberry.

The beauty with Focus XT is how it doesn't hit you like a brick wall, nor does it make you crash. It's a effortlessly smooth reaction and really outperforms the competition in my opinion.
    Agree completely.
    Focus XT - Mental Clarity, Focus, & Concentration

Piracetam Capsules & Powder Available at Nutraplanet
    Limited Time* One Run Only Item
  9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.44%

I also use about 4 ounces of water with Focus. I like it to be strong and downed without needing to drink so much that I feel bloated. I am this way with most powders.
    I'm Back...
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.39%

Sweet .. That sounds like a nice stack .. U get our caps or bulk ??

ok update:

11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis View Post
    Sweet .. That sounds like a nice stack .. U get our caps or bulk ??
    got the SNS powder but am probably going to grab some caps too...

ok I been slacking and I apologize.

So lets see... Monday was an amazing Squat day for me. after watching the "so you think you can squat" videos and adjusting my technique I went from squating 205 only 1 time to 225 3 times. I know, I know - low weight but I only been lifting for like 6 weeks! Felt good to fix the form and see it pay off instantly. I was FOCUS'd on my form and it worked.

Tue - back day.. well it almost didnt happen. Felt wiped out after work... didnt want to work out... but downed some FocusXT and sure enough 30 minutes later I was in there banging it out... repping 275lb deadlifts (max so far is 365)

Today was chest day... I have NO chest... benching is my most embarrising lift. But I swear I turned into an animal today.. I dont know what it was.. I was totally FOCUS'd on my chest muscles through my presses, makin sure I was using chest and not all tris... Ive been (plz dont laugh) repping 135lb on the bench... embarrasing. today I did 3 sets at 135 and started feeling too easy. So I upped it to 145 and repped out 2 sets... then upped it to 155 and repped out 1 set.

I am pretty happy with that althought I still HATE I cant bench any weight but at least I know next week I know I will be doing reps of 145 instead of 135 and progress makes me feel good.

Loving my FOCUS XT... love the NO JITTERS... love the NO CRASH... smooooooooth clean energy and mental focus.

Smooth like this ASS!

12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%

Wowza
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.28%

Hey man, progress is progress. I'll take it.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Wowza
    pic was that bad that you negged me? sorry man, didnt know you was limp wristed -ill post some man ass for ya next time.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.16%

got the SNS powder but am probably going to grab some caps too...

ok I been slacking and I apologize.

So lets see... Monday was an amazing Squat day for me. after watching the "so you think you can squat" videos and adjusting my technique I went from squating 205 only 1 time to 225 3 times. I know, I know - low weight but I only been lifting for like 6 weeks! Felt good to fix the form and see it pay off instantly. I was FOCUS'd on my form and it worked.

Tue - back day.. well it almost didnt happen. Felt wiped out after work... didnt want to work out... but downed some FocusXT and sure enough 30 minutes later I was in there banging it out... repping 275lb deadlifts (max so far is 365)

Today was chest day... I have NO chest... benching is my most embarrising lift. But I swear I turned into an animal today.. I dont know what it was.. I was totally FOCUS'd on my chest muscles through my presses, makin sure I was using chest and not all tris... Ive been (plz dont laugh) repping 135lb on the bench... embarrasing. today I did 3 sets at 135 and started feeling too easy. So I upped it to 145 and repped out 2 sets... then upped it to 155 and repped out 1 set.

I am pretty happy with that althought I still HATE I cant bench any weight but at least I know next week I know I will be doing reps of 145 instead of 135 and progress makes me feel good.

Loving my FOCUS XT... love the NO JITTERS... love the NO CRASH... smooooooooth clean energy and mental focus.
    If wanting the caps expecially, better be quick. I know NP is low on them, and most places are already out of the caps. NP has a helluve good deal on the 501's.

Very glad to hear that you are enjoying the Focus XT and that it is helping you.

I know this sounds crazy, but the best thing I ever did to improve my bench was not to bench with straight bar and focus on dumbells the majority of the time. Helped me tremendously.

16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sns8778 View Post
    If wanting the caps expecially, better be quick. I know NP is low on them, and most places are already out of the caps. NP has a helluve good deal on the 501's.

Very glad to hear that you are enjoying the Focus XT and that it is helping you.

I know this sounds crazy, but the best thing I ever did to improve my bench was not to bench with straight bar and focus on dumbells the majority of the time. Helped me tremendously.
    Thanks for the advice! I will incorporate DB's into my press routine. I just started using DB's for my decline, maybe Ill switch each week for flat/incline too!
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks for the advice! I will incorporate DB's into my press routine. I just started using DB's for my decline, maybe Ill switch each week for flat/incline too!
    I also like DB's for benching, esp since I go solo...but have jumped back on BB bench the last couple of months after figuring out my back & more specifically my rhomboids were weak, plus form having been off all these years (not having my shoulder blades squeezed together, chest elevated & making sure my arms are not flared out)...and have been improving...but you still have me beat with poundage
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    I also like DB's for benching, esp since I go solo...but have jumped back on BB bench the last couple of months after figuring out my back & more specifically my rhomboids were weak, plus form having been off all these years (not having my shoulder blades squeezed together, chest elevated & making sure my arms are not flared out)...and have been improving...but you still have me beat with poundage
    yeah my form was whack too!!! I had no idea till I started watching vids (from credible sources). My girlfriend made me look like a bitch when she started repping out 135lb bench presses... she weighs 105 soaking wet.... I didnt believe it till I saw it... but she's been going to the gym for a lot longer than me and she actually lifts heavy, not that light weight high rep crap.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.16%

Another observation to improving bench is to figure out what is holding you back. Whether it is actually your chest, or your forearms or triceps.

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.28%

Hows your grip? I do mine suicide (thumbs on same side as fingers, not wrapped around.) and wrists parallel to forearm.
    Franz Kafka
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

grip is standard, I dont think Ill try suicide but thanks!

Pretty sure its my chest... but corrected form and weights going up so I am happy... funny how you can *think* you are doing it right and then watch a vid that shows you are just slightly wrong... the 'slightly' is a big deal!

elitefts.com vids are awesome... have helped me SO much.

Didnt want to max out today... figured not a good idea to try and 1rm every session.

Got my FOCUS XT on... got in the zone and repped 185lb Squats no problem.

5x135, 5x185, 5x185, 5x205, 5x185

feels good since I struggled to rep 185 - 1 time just three weeks ago.... progress=good and motivating.

100 calf raises varied narrow stance, shoulder stance, toes in, toes out... with 45lb plate in each hand.

waiting for my leg developer for my bench so I can get some isolated hamstring work in.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%

pic was that bad that you negged me? sorry man, didnt know you was limp wristed -ill post some man ass for ya next time.
    I negged you? I don't think so, it clearly stated I approve in the check box
    No need for the man a$$ though...
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.75%

grip is standard, I dont think Ill try suicide but thanks!

Pretty sure its my chest... but corrected form and weights going up so I am happy... funny how you can *think* you are doing it right and then watch a vid that shows you are just slightly wrong... the 'slightly' is a big deal!

elitefts.com vids are awesome... have helped me SO much.

Didnt want to max out today... figured not a good idea to try and 1rm every session.

Got my FOCUS XT on... got in the zone and repped 185lb Squats no problem.

5x135, 5x185, 5x185, 5x205, 5x185

feels good since I struggled to rep 185 - 1 time just three weeks ago.... progress=good and motivating.

100 calf raises varied narrow stance, shoulder stance, toes in, toes out... with 45lb plate in each hand.

waiting for my leg developer for my bench so I can get some isolated hamstring work in.
    Progress is good. I use that "suicide grip" sometimes when I bench too. I have limited wrist mobility in my one arm and it binds less. You might like it if you try it but you need grip strength for sure.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    I negged you? I don't think so, it clearly stated I approve in the check box
    No need for the man a$$ though...
    sure did!! I knew it wasnt intentional.. I just had to ras ya for it!
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%

sure did!! I knew it wasnt intentional.. I just had to ras ya for it!
    Hehehe - I'll have to rep you like a madman to make up for ti
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Ok, I am not so good with logs I guess... but I must say FocusXT is being added as a staple to my regiment.

To be direct and honest - I prefer different things on different days. Sometimes I like the rage I get from something like NO Explode and up until now has been my pre of choice. It really seems like its a decision I make each day which PreWO to go with.

Days like today? its a FOCUSXT day because I dont want to get all 'jacked up' from the noexplode... I want clean calm energy and focus... more so for my after workout then for it. See, friday nights is my weekly poker game with the guys. We been doing this for 10 years now or so... we have a tournemant 1x a week. Its how I get to hang out with my married w/kids friends that dont get out otherwise. 1st place is between 300-500 depending on rebuys so its SUPPLEMENT MONEY I am trying to win.

I like the idea of walking into the game this week after some nice FocusXT and the game is right after my workout which studies show is beneficial to do mental things (like take tests, etc) after a physical workout.

So with that and the FocusXT I should be dialed in for a good game.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.73%

Great to see you've been enjoying it so much, SB! Logging just takes practice and getting into a groove/format...I've always found it particular tricky to come up with new things to say when I've logged preWO's in the past...all you can really do is give feedback about how workouts are going, any issues about whatever, and making it as personal as you want to make it w/what you share in your day to day life...which you've done well...so good job man!
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Well... I umm took 1st in my poker game (370$).... gotta give FocusXT some credit I think! Its now my preworkout and pre poker game supplement!
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.28%

Lifting, studying, working, sexing, gambling, partying... is there something this product doesn't enhance?? (besides sleeping)
    Franz Kafka
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%

It has a wide variety of uses
  31. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.16%

Something to think about if you want a little extra pre workout kick is to add Adrena-G to Focus XT. It is still alot more cost effective than the avg pre workout, and you get the benefits of Focus XT with it. Plus, you can adjust your 1,3 dosage accordingly.

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thanks but I shy away from 1,3
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

FocusXT is the mon$y!

Keeps me focused and I am making improvements across the board. I got overzealous and pulled something in my lower back so I have been taking it easy and no squats or deads the past 2 weeks (boooo!) but everything else is just going up up up!

Benched 175 for 5 when I struggled to get 165 up 3 times 2 weeks ago. My chest is my weak spot so 2 weeks ago I started hitting chest 2x a week and its defiinitly paying off! Back is still a little sore so I will skip Squats today or maybe just do some low weight ones... prob skip deads tomorrow and hopefully be all healed up by next week.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.73%

Yeeea, buh-dee...I also have been hitting chest and back more frequently during the week & have noticed improvements...which is esp why I really like the split of Ch/Bi, Back/tri, legs...so when working tri's, I lead off with close grip bench...and working Bi's, lead off with rev grip pulldowns...and then might toss some additional direct chest or back work in on a seperate day, if I'm feelin froggy...stink about you lower back though, I hate waiting around for injuries to heal up...
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks Schizm... I having been doing this 5 day split for over 2 months now I might switch up to routine like you posted with chest/bi back/tri etc... I feel its time to for a change.

back was ok today and the 2 weeks off of squats/deads I am thinking was good because I did Squats today - started light 135lb just to see how my back felt and I didnt feel it at all, so I upped to 185x5 and was fine so I went to 205x5 and was still fine, I didnt want to push it so I stopped there but i dont feel like I tweaked it all so I should be back to full next week and be up to 2 plates for working set. I forgot how much I love to Squat!

Got my buddy on a SS program today... he's like 80lbs overweight, used to lift when he was younger but then marriage/kid got him. He went to lift something out of his truck and struggled and decided he had enough and actually followed through and showed up today! See if he comes back Wednesday to train again.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%

I forgot how much I love to Squat!
    Now that's a sentence I don't see often

Similar Forum Threads

1. purebred's ZONING IN w/ SNS Focus XT (Sponsored Log)
    By purebred in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 01:06 AM
  2. Trying To Get Some Work Done with Focus XT (Sponsored)
    By matt352 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 05:41 PM
  3. Focus XT Review by Tomahawk (sponsored)
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
  4. (Sponsored) Martial Artist goes Focus-XT by SNS
    By Steelwolf in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 08:25 PM
  5. Forced to Focus with IBE X-Force (sponsored)
    By coug42 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 10:39 PM