Sarguy's SNS TTA-500+ALCAR Lean-out Log (sponsored)

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Howdy, folks,

SNS has graciously provided me with a bottle of their TTA-500 and ALCAR-500 to aid in my quest for non-fatitude. I'll be logging my progress here.

For starters:
Weight: 213 lbs as of 6-16-11
Height: 5'11"
waist: 39.5 inches
Hips/beltline: 38.5
Neck: 16.5

Photo (warning, the below contents are graphic, blindingly white, and possibly dangerous to your keyboard if you've recently eaten)
2011-06-14_16-08-54_243(1).jpg

Diet: Mostly Paleo, hoping to go hard-core, grunting, bison hide-wearing paleo soon. I recently stumbled across the "Paleo Solution Podcast" with Robb Wolf, after hearing Dr. Cordain on Carl Lanore's Super Human Radio show. Until a couple of weeks ago I had been eating lots of chicken, low-carb wraps, yogurt, and RTD protein shakes, with weekly cheat meals. After doing some digging and following Robb's recommendations, I managed to break a long-standing plateau by ditching everything containing gluten and legumes. I've cut down my dairy consumption, but not eliminated it entirely.
A sample daily meal plan:

Wake @ 2-3pm
Meal 1: 3 egg omelette, diced peppers, some bacon, and my supps (before meal if indicated)
snack: a few almonds or jerky
Meal 2: 8-12 ounces of meat, such as steak or hamburger, sliced peppers, onions, cilantro, and about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream
meal 3: Kippered snacks or jerky, apple,small amount of nuts.

Workouts:
I usually follow a MWF rotation, with changes as work and sleep dictate. My workout will be changing to include more bar work ie deads and squats, seeing as how the morons that usually occupy my college gym have left for the summer.
Mondays: usually a VO2 max kettlebell swing set+3 sets of pullups to failure+my daily installment of the hundredpushups.com routine
Wednesdays: Kettlebell swings, usually in the neighborhood of 250, divided into sets dictated by how long my form lasts+planks
Friday: KB overhead presses+farmer's walks+KB squats

Supplementation:
SNS' TTA and ALCAR, of course
AT2 and Shift are also being used.
SNS' ALCAR+LCLT+Dicreatine Malate+caffeine pill for preworkout mix.
3gm fish oils a day (about 10 fish oil pills)
2-3gm GABA pre-bed
6mg Melatonin pre-bed

I welcome your comments and suggestions.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey sarguy!
I'm in! Great cutting stack! Have you used TTA, AT2 or Shift before? You start all these the same time?

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
this will be very good!

thanks for taking the time to start this up so quickly!

*the dosing scheme you pm'd me about is perfect.

let's roll!

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
The alpha t2 and shift are known quantities to me, this is my third run of them. This week has been an odd one; several emergent patients in the hyperbaric unit capitalized on my time, but it did stick to some basic bodyweight exercises to stay active while at work. I'm down to 212 lbs, been eating clean all week. Today is my 30th berfday, so I cheated a bit and had some cake and a couple of stiff drinks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
it's all good,I know the deal for sure!

keep up the good work and I think you will be q uite pleased w the results!!!

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
I spent Monday feeling pretty wrecked from my dietary indiscretions, did some cardio on Tuesday, and a KB workout today. I'm up a couple of lbs, but I'm aware of the effect that the TTA can have on that. Overall I'm feeling pretty good, staying compliant w/ my diet as well.

For the curious, I'm dosing the TTA and ALCAR with my AT2, 30 minutes to an hour before my first two meals, and then again on its own prior to my final meal. Will be bumping up to a dose pre-bed along w/ my Shift as well.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Im using AT-2/Erase with TTA-500 and ALCAR. You're GONNA see results within a week.

I was also graced by SNS with these two products for my log of Focus XT.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
like I said via pm,your dosing scheme is more then fine.

tta is some outstanding stuff,you def should be seeing some results soon.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
How are you dosing it?

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
One before meals, and then one pre bed.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
I have not, but I could.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Weight, BTW, as of this afternoon when I woke up, is now 211.6. Did a KB swing workout yesterday. Diet has been spot-on.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Slight change in protocol; I ran out of AT2. I'll be continuing on with the Shift in its place. Weight is steady despite a cheat meal over the weekend. I'm up to 4 caps a day, one preworkout on workout days, and one prebed.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Weight upon waking this morning: 209.5! I haven't been this lean since...my sophomore year of college about 10 years ago. Workout yesterday was a KB swing to clean-press workout, with a few sets of pullups and pushups tossed on for good measure. Diet is still spot on. Had half a chicken, nuts, and a salad with balsamic vinegar and blueberries for dinner. 3 egg omelet with peppers and tomatoes for breakfast/lunch. Snacked on nuts and jerky around mid-day.

Supps are still as follow:
TTA 500
SNS ALCAR
Shift

Dicreatine Malate+alcar+LCLT for morning or pre-workout drink.

3-5gm GABA, Melatonin 6mg and 800 mg of Mag Oxide (it's what we had in the house) at bedtime

I've noticed a different sort of feeling since I started the TTA. Sometimes with low-ish carb diets I end up getting the funny breath or the low-carb drained feeling, but I have not experienced that with this diet in conjunction with the TTA. I have no clue as to how or thru what mechanism it might be affecting things, but whatever it is, I'm liking it.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slight change in protocol; I ran out of AT2. I'll be continuing on with the Shift in its place. Weight is steady despite a cheat meal over the weekend. I'm up to 4 caps a day, one preworkout on workout days, and one prebed.
I'm guessing you're referencing the TTA with this? nice!

Awesome how TTA is reacting with you, that's great! Not sure if you caught this thread or not, but Max posted a highly informative summary of TTA...
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serious-nutrition-solutions/178095-tta-feedback.html

Keep up the work sar! only 2 weeks in too..good stuff!

Edit: actually, thinking now you mean the ALCAR...up to 4 caps/day

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for pointing out that I hadn't been clear. I've been doing the Alcar 3 times a day, and the TTA 4 times a day.

Wow, great link!!

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very nice so total 1500mg Alcar, how much lclt are you on and for how long have you been taking it? I want to go a year minimum on Alcar 5 grams, Plcar 3 grams, Lclt 5 grams and R-ala 900mg a day and see if anything drastic happens. I'm going to buy SNS Alcar caps next for my wife and have her take a gram a day with a gram of TTA.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Im on about 3 gm lclt, 5 gm dicreatine malate daily. I've been taking the two combined with alcar and some natural Crystal lite lemonade to cover the tartness.

In fact, i forgot to take those when i woke up and now I'm dragging. :p

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
Do you take 6mg melatonin every night?
Im on about 3 gm lclt, 5 gm dicreatine malate daily. I've been taking the two combined with alcar and some natural Crystal lite lemonade to cover the tartness. In fact, i forgot to take those when i woke up and now I'm dragging. :pSent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Depends. I work night shift and usually take it when i get home in the am to put me down. Other nights i don't take it if i feel that I will be able to sleep without it. Why do you ask?

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Workout yesterday was a KB swing, KB clean-press, and pullups until failure. I ate like a horse last night at work, including a salad, nearly half a chicken, and an avocado. Weight this afternoon upon waking was 209.6. TTA and ALCAR still going down the pipe 4 times a day. I'm loving this stuff.

Just for kicks, measurements today are:
Neck: 16.4
Waist: 39 (down by 1/2 inch)
Beltline: 37.5 (down by 3/4 inch!)

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Wow, it's been ages since I logged! Been a heck of a two weeks. Took a 44 lb kettlebell on our 4th of July trip to Flathead Lake, MT, ate on plan, and maintained my supplementation schedule until the 4th, at which point I came down with a rather violent stomach flu thanks to my otherwise wonderful nephews. Actually, 5 people in total who stayed at the cabin did. So...I was laid up from the 5th thru the 7th.

Did a workout on the 8th, with diet and supplementation back on track.

Then came the CQC knife/counter knife seminar taught by Hock Hochheim that I was sponsoring. Spent the 9th and 10th getting my @$$ handed to me by a bunch of really great people. Diet wasn't spot on, and I ate a good deal more gluten than I would have liked, but my wieght as of this morning was 208 lbs, indicating that I've managed to hold my own despite a wild ten days. Measurements are the same so far.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
It's been going ok. Lots of travel and what not. I took last monday off and let the 41 separate bruises from the Knife combatives course heal. Did two high rep kettlebell workouts last week, diet is back on baseline after the crazy weekend. Supplementation wise, I'm staying with the Alcar at meals, and the TTA 4 times a day, either before workouts or before bed. Weight is down to 206 lbs! Haven't been this lean since...Freshman year of college in 1999?

I'm about due to reorder AT2, which I'm kind of unsure about since they're changing formulas. I might just hold off until after the TTA is complete. Thanks again for the logging opportunity!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Knife combatants course...are you learning or teaching that? Awesome to hear about the progess despite being so busy! Keep it up! AT2, I'm actually just week 2(ish) into using (v1) of AT2 now for the first time, digging it...but looking forward to trying out (v2) sometime down the road...the new ingredient looks interesting...

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
I hosted the class, a guy by the name of W. Hock Hochheim taught the class. Career cop, black belts in a number of martial arts, including two forms of Arnis, and lots of other nifty experience.

And yeah, I'm excited to see how the new AT2 works out.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Another Monday is here. Weight is holding steady at 205 lbs lately, diet has been spot-on paleo until today. We had to put our basset hound down this morning :( , and I didn't have the will power to say no to a cheeseburger and fries. I'll try and get a workout in later on today, but I really don't know if I'll be down for going to the gym. I'm a softy when it comes to my dogs.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hosted the class, a guy by the name of W. Hock Hochheim taught the class. Career cop, black belts in a number of martial arts, including two forms of Arnis, and lots of other nifty experience.

And yeah, I'm excited to see how the new AT2 works out.
hosted and was the 'volunteer' for people to practice on? :) Nice! and coolio...

Another Monday is here. Weight is holding steady at 205 lbs lately, diet has been spot-on paleo until today. We had to put our basset hound down this morning :( , and I didn't have the will power to say no to a cheeseburger and fries. I'll try and get a workout in later on today, but I really don't know if I'll be down for going to the gym. I'm a softy when it comes to my dogs.
Dang man, sorry to hear about your dog! Was she just getting up there in age?

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Sally was pretty old for a Basset, plus she had diabetes, cataracts, and back problems. With the right meds she was a happy dog, but it just got to the point that she was miserable more often than not. Getting old sucks, which is why I keep working on getting in shape. I don't want to be in her place in my later years.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sally was pretty old for a Basset, plus she had diabetes, cataracts, and back problems. With the right meds she was a happy dog, but it just got to the point that she was miserable more often than not. Getting old sucks, which is why I keep working on getting in shape. I don't want to be in her place in my later years.
gotch ya, my inlaws went through that last year with their dog w/very similar issues...

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
Just an update, weight is holding at 205. Will be doing measurements this weekend. I just started a day shift position back in hyperbarics, as the night shift thing was getting to I e too much for school and trying to get in shape. Unfortunately it has messed up my workout routine and thus far I've only been able to get into gym for quick kills outs of cardiovascular and a couple of full body circuit workouts. Im feeling a bit stalled out after my cheat day on Monday. Grrrrr ...

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
And so it comes to a close...and really, I'm rather impressed! I hit 202 lbs this morning, entailing a total loss of 51 lbs since October 2010! Final measurements:

Weight: 202 lbs!!!
Neck :16 inches
Waist: 38 inches
Beltline: 37.2

I left my calipers at work today, but I'll be able to enter a Bf% to round this thing out. Some might notice that this went closer to six weeks long than just a month, reason being that I had a few days post stomach bug, as well as some forgetful days where I didn't get to dose the TTA and Alcar on a regular basis. However, I pushed on instead of giving up when I mucked up, and now I'm enjoying the results!!! Thanks again to SNS for a great supp opportunity, one that I'll be adding into my regimen for the last 15-20 lbs I'm wanting to ditch before 2012.