SNS Agmatine: I'm pumped for the pumps!

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to give thanks to kingjameskjf and SNS for hooking me up and letting me log this!

Agmatine | SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
click me

Goals:
I've become accustomed to getting a good pump during training sessions and needless to say, I'm really excited to try SNS Agmatine! There seems to be a lot of benefits from it, but I'd like to see some nasty pumps in the gym, better recovery , and a longer lasting pump....because WHO doesn't that? lol

Dosing:
I plan on dosing this two ways: 4 caps 45min pre workout and 2 caps AM, 2 caps 45min pre workout.

Diet:
I'm currently recomping, so I'm around 2700 cals daily.

Training:
Weights/cardio 4-5 days per week. I hit each muscle group once a week. Right now, I'm using med-low weight/high reps.

If you want to know anything else or more details, just ask.

I welcome all questions, suggestions, comments and critiquing!

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

I won't be losing any of these caps, they're bright orange! The smell isn't terrible, easy to go down the hatch.

I started with 2 caps in the morning, 2 caps pre workout.

Back/bi's today.

Didn't notice any crazy pumps, but I had a good workout. The pumps were there, but more towards the end of the workout/cadio. Tommorow, I'll take my 2 caps a little earlier. I might do my cardio before I lift as well.

When do most people start to see it working?

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in. Hope you enjoy the Agmatine ;)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No pumps!?! My pumps are insane with this stuff. In fact, I can't even take them on leg day because the pump in my quads ruins my workout, lol.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
I'm in. Hope you enjoy the Agmatine ;)
:wave:

No pumps!?! My pumps are insane with this stuff. In fact, I can't even take them on leg day because the pump in my quads ruins my workout, lol.
How were/are you dosing it?

Don't get me wrong they were there, just nothing crazy. To be honest though, I only took my preworkout dose 25min prior to training. I unexpectedly got off of work early, so that messed with my schedule a bit.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
In!

FWIW I usually dose mine 500mg-1000mg 15min before my pre-workout meal. So it's about 1.5hrs before my workout.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1000 mg pre workout seems to be my sweet spot.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anybody have an explanation yet how agmatine works? Both companies keep saying that it inhibits NOS, which it does, but NOS synthesizes NO and does not degrade NO as advertised.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Curious to see how you like the dosing at 4 caps. Everyone seems to time theirs a little differently for best results.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Anybody have an explanation yet how agmatine works? Both companies keep saying that it inhibits NOS, which it does, but NOS synthesizes NO and does not degrade NO as advertised.
I've read a few of the Agmatine studies prior to starting my log, however, I'm not smart enough to understand it all.

Maybe some SNS reps will shed some light.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed

I dose mine 750mg-1G 45mins prior to hitting weights

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've read a few of the Agmatine studies prior to starting my log, however, I'm not smart enough to understand it all.

Maybe some SNS reps will shed some light.
Does this help any in breaking it down?

'You’ve most likely heard about eNOS…endothelial nitric oxide synthase…the enzyme that converts arginine into nitric oxide and gives you those awesome pumps in the gym. But did you know there are two other forms for NOS? I’m talking about cytokine-inducible NOS (iNOS) and neuronal NOS (nNOS). Now, all three increase Nitric Oxide. However, iNOS increases Nitric Oxide in immune cells, and this can lead to chronic states of inflammation. Obviously, not good. And nNOS increases Nitric Oxide in neuronal tissue, which is not where we want Nitric Oxide elevated.

We want Nitric Oxide elevated in the soft endothelial tissues lining your blood vessels, and that’s precisely what Agmatine does. It’s like laser targeted NOS expression! Agmatine effectively inhibits iNOS and nNOS without doing so to eNOS…and that means more vein splitting, vaso-dilating, muscle engorging PUMPS!

And Agmatine doesn’t stop there. It boosts Nitric Oxide through two additional pathways by stimulating the release of Nitric Oxide itself while inhibiting those enzymes that break Nitric Oxide down. The end result is simple. Targeted Nitric Oxide production for LONG LASTING muscular pumps.'

full article here:
http://www.seriousnutritionsolutions.com/news/2011/03/29/unleash-your-power-with-agmatine/

I also like 1g ~40 mins prior to working out.... :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Agmatine is not specific enough to only target iNOS and nNOS and it isn't a good idea to inhibit either of those for normal physiological function. My thesis was creating a model of schizophrenia in the rat by inhbitiing nNOS. But my question doesn't even consider that. Simply put, Agmatine is advertised as a NOS inhibitor and both companies go on to say that NOS degrades NO. This is completely false. NOS is nitric oxide synthase, the enzyme that synthesizes nitric oxide. NO breaks down quite fine on its own.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dose mine about 45 minutes prior on an empty stomach with LOTS of water.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
mind as well chime in with my dosing scheme for agmatine.... 1 cap every am and 3 caps 45 minutes pre workout!

title of your log should be.... I am pumped for the pumps and will STAY pumped!!!

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Does this help any in breaking it down?

*snip
I was actually looking for that write-up! I've read it before, but couldn't find it. I kept going back to the product page...didn't think to go to news. Thanks!

Curious to see how you like the dosing at 4 caps. Everyone seems to time theirs a little differently for best results.
Me too! Most seem to be dosing it 1gram pre workout. I normally like to spread things throughout the day, but will probably enjoy it more if I can take it all pre workout.

title of your log should be.... I am pumped for the pumps and will STAY pumped!!!
Great idea! Hopefully you're right. lol

I dose mine about 45 minutes prior on an empty stomach with LOTS of water.

Thanks for all the input fellas!

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

I'm still dosing 500mgs AM, 500mgs pre workout.

I took my pre workout dose about an hour before I hit the weights.

Chest/tris

I had some good pumps going and I could tell taking it an hour pre workout made a difference. No 'painful pumps' yet.

It's been about two hours since I left the gym and I still feel full in my triceps and pecs. It's hard for me to guage how long it will last because I'll go to sleep shortly. I might be taking some time off from work soon. If so, I'll be able workout earlier in the day and guage how long these pump last.

Tommorow is leg day. :yuck: In the past, I don't normally take a full dose (or none at all) of anything that will give me pumps on leg day.

I'm going to continue dosing the same as today and see how it goes.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tommorow is leg day. :yuck:
I see you are not a fan of leg days?! :)
I used to be the same way, but when I started noticing how fast the legs really grow, since it is a big muscle group, I started to like leg days ;)

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2

I'm still dosing 500mgs AM, 500mgs pre workout.

I took my pre workout dose about an hour before I hit the weights.

Chest/tris

I had some good pumps going and I could tell taking it an hour pre workout made a difference. No 'painful pumps' yet.

It's been about two hours since I left the gym and I still feel full in my triceps and pecs. It's hard for me to guage how long it will last because I'll go to sleep shortly. I might be taking some time off from work soon. If so, I'll be able to guage how long these pumps last.

Tommorow is leg day. :yuck: In the past, I don't normally take a full dose (or none at all) of anything that will give me pumps on leg day. I'm going to continue dosing the same as today and see how it goes.
yup i like that dosing scheme .. on your upper body day .. try 1 am and 3prewrkout(1hr) ..see if you feel a diff between 2/3caps

ha yea i usually dont take pump products on my leg day either .. looking forward to it, if you feel a diff in the legs workout

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
I see you are not a fan of leg days?! :)
I used to be the same way, but when I started noticing how fast the legs really grow, since it is a big muscle group, I started to like leg days ;)
MidwestBeast put it best....it's a love/hate relationship. lol.

yup i like that dosing scheme .. on your upper body day .. try 1 am and 3prewrkout(1hr) ..see if you feel a diff between 2/3caps

ha yea i usually dont take pump products on my leg day either .. looking forward to it, if you feel a diff in the legs workout
I think I will transition into 1/3 before I make the swtich to all 4 caps pre workout.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was actually looking for that write-up! I've read it before, but couldn't find it. I kept going back to the product page...didn't think to go to news. Thanks!
Very welcome man! :)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2

Tommorow is leg day. :yuck: In the past, I don't normally take a full dose (or none at all) of anything that will give me pumps on leg day. I'm going to continue dosing the same as today and see how it goes.
I've seen alot of people make this comment recently about pump/legs...man, I usually lead off with some fast BW squats or leg ext just to get a pump going in my legs before I attempt any squats/leg press...otherwise I feel very unstable & feel it in my joints....

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only time I had pumps that were aactually painful was on ArA.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 (yesterday)

I had a great leg workout. Actually, utilizing lower weight/higher reps, I fell like it was better than normal. I was working the calves on the leg press machine and had a great pump going. (they need all the help they can get!)

I hit delts tonight, but will probably update/catch up on Sunday or Monday.

:arms:

The only time I had pumps that were aactually painful was on ArA.
ArA?? I did a search but couldn't find anything. enlighten me.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear the leg workout went good

I hate doing legs .. But it's a must lol

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear the leg workout went good

I hate doing legs .. But it's a must lol
Not a fan either but definitely a must unless you wanna be a house walking on stilts.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
Not a fan either but definitely a must unless you wanna be a house walking on stilts.
plus for health reasons,you want your body strong from top to bottom and no weak points. weak points = injury sooner or later

do legs and the the rest of your body thanks you by getting stronger as well! =)

I like how I can really not have my best diet day ( in other words not get a lot of meals/carbs in) and I still get a great pump from Agmatine at night!

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Workouts are going great.I really enjoy the fullness/tightness my muscles experience while on Agmatine. I'm already impressed with the results I'm getting!

I've still been dosing 500mgs AM, 500mgs pre workout. I'm thinking around 1 hr before I hit the weight is the optimum time frame for me.

Yesterday was a rest day, but I did about 12 pullups and immediately my shoulders and lats got super pumped....I love it!

Tommorow is back/bi's and I think I'm going to transition into a 250mgs AM, 750mgs pre workout dosing schedule.

I'm taking some vacation time this week, so I'm waking up early and going to the gym. This should give me a better idea of how long the pumps last with agmatine.

:arms:

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Any reason to take Agmatine on rest days?

If so, how would you dose?

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any reason to take Agmatine on rest days?

If so, how would you dose?
I take it on rest days. I like to spread it out 250mg x 4 evenly throughout the day. Or 500mg once/twice daily.
If I'm lazy I just take 1000mg in the morning straight away :D

Gives me a nice pumped/full feeling :thumbsup:

Muscogoob

Awards
Besides pumps, any other benefits? I just started l-norvaline from NOW yesterday with citruline malate powder with great pump results. I also experienced some interesting side benefits every time I woke up last night, which was a pleasant surprise!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Besides pumps, any other benefits? I just started l-norvaline from NOW yesterday with citruline malate powder with great pump results. I also experienced some interesting side benefits every time I woke up last night, which was a pleasant surprise!
Other benefits besides pumps can be increased Luteinizing Hormone and Growth Hormone, neuro-protective effects, enhanced sense of well-being and improved mood. Agmatine is also considered to be a powerful anti-oxidant :thumbsup:

And L-Norvaline + Citrulline Malate is music to my ears. Those pumps gotta be awesome with that one two punch. Add in some Agmatine and see what happens ;)

Muscogoob

Awards
Other benefits besides pumps can be increased Luteinizing Hormone and Growth Hormone, neuro-protective effects, enhanced sense of well-being and improved mood. Agmatine is also considered to be a powerful anti-oxidant :thumbsup:

And L-Norvaline + Citrulline Malate is music to my ears. Those pumps gotta be awesome with that one two punch. Add in some Agmatine and see what happens ;)
I am considering this addition and am anxious to see how sleeping goes tonight. I am impressed with the citrulline malate and l-norvaline so far. I definitely kept more of the pump today from last night's workout. And, I actually believe my chest is a bit swollen from the Sunday workout (this is not normal).

I have been researching on these boards for years but just recently decided to post. I have been using Jacked for at least 2 years now and have two concerns: caffeine and fluctuating libido. That's why I did a bunch of research and narrowed down to the citrulline malate and l-norvaline. Agmatine sure sounds like it would fit right in. Oh, and I took p5p last night too because I had it in the house and the l-norvaline label recommended it. So I'll take it again tonight!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing like being pumped all day long :)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am considering this addition and am anxious to see how sleeping goes tonight. I am impressed with the citrulline malate and l-norvaline so far. I definitely kept more of the pump today from last night's workout. And, I actually believe my chest is a bit swollen from the Sunday workout (this is not normal).

I have been researching on these boards for years but just recently decided to post. I have been using Jacked for at least 2 years now and have two concerns: caffeine and fluctuating libido. That's why I did a bunch of research and narrowed down to the citrulline malate and l-norvaline. Agmatine sure sounds like it would fit right in. Oh, and I took p5p last night too because I had it in the house and the l-norvaline label recommended it. So I'll take it again tonight!
I see. Well I am also a fan of P5P and take it every day actually. I haven't tried L-Norvaline by itself yet, but it is in Arginine E2 so I get my daily those from there :)

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

I'm absolutely LOVING my workouts! I've still been dosing 250mgs AM, 750mgs pre workout.

In regards to intensity/muscle fulleness, I noticed a difference between 500mgs and 750mgs pre w/o (which makes me anxious to try 1 gram.):shock:

The pumps are great and they stay with me for about 2-4 hours after leaving the gym. I have noticed on several different occasions that normal activities will get me all pumped up which is awswome. For instance, I was carrying in groceries the other day and after about the third trip I noticed my biceps/traps were extremely tight and bulging. It made me want to do a few reps right threre in the kitchen....

...and I did. lol. :D

I'm also noticing my recovery time getting shorter. I only train each muscle group once per week, but I feel ready to go a lot sooner than normal. I like to get around a full minute between sets, but I'm noticing with certain lifts than I don't feel the need to wait as long.

No major changes in weight or body composition.

In the mirror though, I seem to look "more full"

I'm going to switch my dosing to 1 gram pre workout. I'm thinking I'll like this best. I plan on taking some before/after workout measurements as well.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the improvised grocery bag workout! :D

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol nice

How many reps u pulled it out while carrying the grocery bags ? Lol

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Log is looking good man. Agmatine is some good stuff. Being pumped all day does wonders for moral. haha!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established