Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

haha oh snap!! Punthra i cant wait!!

Here are some updates:

Life is stupid busy...i really dont know how I manage to finish each day. Every second is filled with something to do. This is the reason why im not as active as I would like.

But lift wise:

Thursday: Max Effort Upper
    Football bar bench: 310x1...335x0...failed here

Friday: Accesory work

Saturdayynamic Lowe body
    Went as high as 375 for my last two working sets for speed. This is a 100lbs increase in my speed work on my last 2 sets from the first time i did str8 box squats for speed 6 weeks ago. I would say that the new training is really taking my strength to a new level. Its far more consistent where I can walk in any given day and hit a certain goal.

Sunday Rest

Been doing a lot of outside work...pushing prowlers, pulling sleds, etc etc. This is leaving me extra gased and really working on my posterior chain. My glutes, hams and calves are extra burned out at the end of each lift.

Also Im doing box jumps with the 30in box. I started out with the 24 in box and now im using the 30.

As far as Stack go:
    Favorite Stack to Date: 10/10

AI DAA
    AI LCLT
    Testopro
    HGHpro
    RecoverPro
    Maniac

If you want to add more to that I recommend:
    Fadogia
    Erase
    Powerfull pre-lift

Fat Loss Stack:
    Adipoxil+Dexaprine+Alpha T-2= Great stack! Treated me very well. Not sure if Ill use this specific stack again. But i may. Needless to say this stack had me sweating buckets...literally. Lift days i lose 5-10 lbs of water weight per lift. Ridiculous.

New Stack:
    STOKED
    GLYCOBOL
    RecoverPro
    Anabeta
    Lean Xtreme
    Fat Smack

Running this stack for 8 weeks then I want to go back to my above fave stack. I really didnt wanna get off it but its about time to cycle.

In about 2 weeks I thinking about adding 3z occasionally.
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before new diets, supplements, training protocols, or if you have any concerns abotu yoru health.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Dynamic Upper Body: Str8 bench

Worked out with 235 for most of the working sets but by the last set i was at 245. Speed stayed in the proper range. Last set with 245 the first rep was slow but the last two reps where good.

Lots of ab work yesterday. Obliques, planks(2 sets at 1.5 mintes and 1 set at 2 minutes), superset leg lifts with weighted/seated crunches.

Weight:
    I seem to be floating now up at 185-187. This is not post-workout weight which will be substantially lower due to the amount i sweat.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before new diets, supplements, training protocols, or if you have any concerns abotu yoru health.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Nice updates and that AI stack is SICK!!!! John was nice enough to send me some samples just got them. Going to start sampling them when they fit into my nutrient timing.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice updates and that AI stack is SICK!!!! John was nice enough to send me some samples just got them. Going to start sampling them when they fit into my nutrient timing.
    Yah I will be hitting a lot of those in PCT, I am already on testopro and using recoverpro, I will add DAA, and Stoked to that for sure.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Thanks Kleen, hopefully it will continue to help me yeild more and more strength gains!

DW why dont you add in some LCLT?

Updates:

Tuesday: Max Effort Lower Body
    Deadlift with reverse grey bands
    600x1
    615x1...hitched so it didnt count

Could have gone heavier but didnt want to get into the bad habit of hitching on heavy weight

Wednesday Off

Thursday: Max Effort
    Fat Bar+yellow bands+2 board press
    Bar weight not counting bands:
    300x1
    320x0...close but no cigar. shouldnt have made such a big jump

Abs are coming in a little better. Not a 6 pack yet but the 4 pack is there. Just a small layer of fat left to reveal the abs. Vascularity is better then its been in years. Not quite road map veins but im not smooth anymore.

Thank you for sticking around guys! More updates to come!
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I didn't order any yet.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Friday Accessory work

Saturday: Lower Body Dynamic
    Box squat with Black band + Grey band pre side

Speed sets were at a bar weight of 235 for most sets(not counting bend tension). Last set I dropped to 205 to really activate the hams and emphasize sitting back on the box. After that was soem GHR and speed pulls(deadlift) at 315.

Sunday Rest

Saturday and Sunday I drastically increased calories to aid in recovery. Doesnt look like i put on much weight...more spill over and water retention. Not bad. Hitting Dynamic Upper today.

Glycobol: 4-5 caps a day
    Stoked: 4-6 caps a day
    RecoverPro:2-4 scoops a day
    Anabeta: 4 caps
    Lean Xtreme:3-4 caps a day
    Fat Smack: 3 caps a day
    RK: 500-625ng a day:

Diet:
    2 cans Tuna
    Some Tostitos chips (about 1-2 servings)
    14.2 ounces of steak
    2 cups strawberries
    2 cups milk
    2-3 scoops myofusion
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Monday: Upper Body Dynamic
    Monster mini long band(the black one)
    went up to 205(bar weight) and hit that for speed for the last 5 sets or so. Last time i was working with the micro mini i believe...(it was orange). So the weight stayed the same but the bands got stronger. Not bad.

Diet:
    20 ounces tilapia
    6 ounces brown 6ice
    1/2 cup skim mozarella
    1.5 cups strawberries
    1.5 cups peaches
    2 cups milk 2%
    3 scoops myofusion
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Must be really busy, hope all is well Andres! Great lift, I had a butt load of tilapia last night too!
    Current Log:
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

keep up the good work Andres

Im taken raspberry ketones at 500 mgs per day. Do you feel like its doing anything? The animal research is interesting

there are studies showing it has anti-androgen effects ..take a look at this guys blog- its not a hoax either I looked up the studies, spent time researching it. that said, i wouldnt think they would downregulate them that much, Ive been on a couple weeks and dont notice any reduced muscle or anything

http://www.anthonyroberts.info/2010/...or-antagonist/
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    keep up the good work Andres

Im taken raspberry ketones at 500 mgs per day. Do you feel like its doing anything? The animal research is interesting

there are studies showing it has anti-androgen effects ..take a look at this guys blog- its not a hoax either I looked up the studies, spent time researching it. that said, i wouldnt think they would downregulate them that much, Ive been on a couple weeks and dont notice any reduced muscle or anything

http://www.anthonyroberts.info/2010/...or-antagonist/
    I'm gaining and in a contest prep and using them...
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

I highly doubt at the level at which im taking them it would down regulate androgen receptors. Raspberry Ketones have a myriad of health benefits. And in the mid 1960's i believe the FDA approved them as safe (GRAS=generally approved as safe).

Throughout this log ive been using RK and i have noticed no negative side effects especially in the areas of strength and physique. As a matter of fact both my strength and physique are reaching new heights.

I believe I have read other articles by Anthony Roberts...if this is the same individual i am thinking of then his credibilty in my eyes is shady due to a lack of comprehensive knowledge of basic and advanced scientific methods and inquiry. Many seem to hold him in high regard but I have yet to see enough for me to hold him as an authority quite yet.

"The effect of essential oils, such as raspberry ketone, on androgen (AR) receptor was investigated using a MDA-kb2 human breast cancer cell line for predicting potential AR activity." I find it odd this was used to demonstrate that in none human breast cancer cells it can be used as an androgen receptor antagonist. Not the below article"

Molecular targets of dietary agents for prevention and therapy of cancer

This article is not included in your organization's subscription. However, you may be able to access this article under your organization's agreement with Elsevier.

Bharat B. Aggarwala, , and Shishir Shishodiab

aCytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Box 143, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA

bDepartment of Biology, Texas Southern University, 3100 Cleburne Street, Houston, TX 77004, USA

Available online 23 February 2006.

Abstract
    While fruits and vegetables are recommended for prevention of cancer and other diseases, their active ingredients (at the molecular level) and their mechanisms of action less well understood. Extensive research during the last half century has identified various molecular targets that can potentially be used not only for the prevention of cancer but also for treatment. However, lack of success with targeted monotherapy resulting from bypass mechanisms has forced researchers to employ either combination therapy or agents that interfere with multiple cell-signaling pathways. In this review, we present evidence that numerous agents identified from fruits and vegetables can interfere with several cell-signaling pathways. The agents include curcumin (turmeric), resveratrol (red grapes, peanuts and berries), genistein (soybean), diallyl sulfide (allium), S-allyl cysteine (allium), allicin (garlic), lycopene (tomato), capsaicin (red chilli), diosgenin (fenugreek), 6-gingerol (ginger), ellagic acid (pomegranate), ursolic acid (apple, pears, prunes), silymarin (milk thistle), anethol (anise, camphor, and fennel), catechins (green tea), eugenol (cloves), indole-3-carbinol (cruciferous vegetables), limonene (citrus fruits), beta carotene (carrots), and dietary fiber. For instance, the cell-signaling pathways inhibited by curcumin alone include NF-κB, AP-1, STAT3, Akt, Bcl-2, Bcl-XL, caspases, PARP, IKK, EGFR, HER2, JNK, MAPK, COX2, and 5-LOX. The active principle identified in fruit and vegetables and the molecular targets modulated may be the basis for how these dietary agents not only prevent but also treat cancer and other diseases. This work reaffirms what Hippocrates said 25 centuries ago, let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.

So I ask you this...imn these cancer cells, is it decreasing AR becuase the extract is anti-carcinogenic and is in fact fighting the cell itself? OR is it because in non-carinogenic cells it has a similar mode of action and decreases AR?

This is something we may want to investigate further.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Tuesday: Lower Body Max
    This day I revisited reverse tension band squats. This first time i hit this i got up to 405 off the box with the grey bands giving me aid at the bottom of the motion. They grey bands are quite strong(these are the average long bands) and deload a lot.

Tuesday i was using the orange bands(light long)...which do not deload nearly as much at the bottom of the motion. I got up to 455 and cleared it. And then went up to 465 and couldnt get off the box. That's a 55lb jump in 6 weeks and thats NOT counting the bands. The band strenght makes a huge difference.

Wed: off

Thursday:Max effort Upper body:
    Foam Bench with chains(200lbs of chains)
    Got up to 475(225+200) and cleared it. Tried 500 and missed it.

Friday: accessory

Saturday: Dynamic lower.
    Got up to 255 plus the Heaver and Average bands. Maintained speed for 2 sets. 3rd set at that weight i lost speed so i had to go back down to 235. I added 2 extra sets just to make sure i was getting enough sets with proper speed, but i had to lighten the weight. It was 11 working sets not counting the warm ups.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Todays was Dynamic Upper:
    Monster Mini(black long bands)
    sets:
    185x3 speed good
    185x3 good
    185x3 slow
    185x3 fast
    205x3 good
    205x3 fast
    205x3 good
    215x3 good
    215x3 good first 2 slow 3rd
    215 fast

Then hit some medicine ball throws, incline with fat bar, pull downs, tricep push downs, rear delt wall climbs with red bands, front raises with kettle balls, obliques, and abs. One hell of a workout today.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    I highly doubt at the level at which im taking them it would down regulate androgen receptors. Raspberry Ketones have a myriad of health benefits. And in the mid 1960's i believe the FDA approved them as safe (GRAS=generally approved as safe).

Throughout this log ive been using RK and i have noticed no negative side effects especially in the areas of strength and physique. As a matter of fact both my strength and physique are reaching new heights.

I believe I have read other articles by Anthony Roberts...if this is the same individual i am thinking of then his credibilty in my eyes is shady due to a lack of comprehensive knowledge of basic and advanced scientific methods and inquiry. Many seem to hold him in high regard but I have yet to see enough for me to hold him as an authority quite yet.

"The effect of essential oils, such as raspberry ketone, on androgen (AR) receptor was investigated using a MDA-kb2 human breast cancer cell line for predicting potential AR activity." I find it odd this was used to demonstrate that in none human breast cancer cells it can be used as an androgen receptor antagonist. Not the below article"

Molecular targets of dietary agents for prevention and therapy of cancer

This article is not included in your organization's subscription. However, you may be able to access this article under your organization's agreement with Elsevier.

Bharat B. Aggarwala, , and Shishir Shishodiab

aCytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Box 143, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA

bDepartment of Biology, Texas Southern University, 3100 Cleburne Street, Houston, TX 77004, USA

Available online 23 February 2006.

Abstract
    While fruits and vegetables are recommended for prevention of cancer and other diseases, their active ingredients (at the molecular level) and their mechanisms of action less well understood. Extensive research during the last half century has identified various molecular targets that can potentially be used not only for the prevention of cancer but also for treatment. However, lack of success with targeted monotherapy resulting from bypass mechanisms has forced researchers to employ either combination therapy or agents that interfere with multiple cell-signaling pathways. In this review, we present evidence that numerous agents identified from fruits and vegetables can interfere with several cell-signaling pathways. The agents include curcumin (turmeric), resveratrol (red grapes, peanuts and berries), genistein (soybean), diallyl sulfide (allium), S-allyl cysteine (allium), allicin (garlic), lycopene (tomato), capsaicin (red chilli), diosgenin (fenugreek), 6-gingerol (ginger), ellagic acid (pomegranate), ursolic acid (apple, pears, prunes), silymarin (milk thistle), anethol (anise, camphor, and fennel), catechins (green tea), eugenol (cloves), indole-3-carbinol (cruciferous vegetables), limonene (citrus fruits), beta carotene (carrots), and dietary fiber. For instance, the cell-signaling pathways inhibited by curcumin alone include NF-κB, AP-1, STAT3, Akt, Bcl-2, Bcl-XL, caspases, PARP, IKK, EGFR, HER2, JNK, MAPK, COX2, and 5-LOX. The active principle identified in fruit and vegetables and the molecular targets modulated may be the basis for how these dietary agents not only prevent but also treat cancer and other diseases. This work reaffirms what Hippocrates said 25 centuries ago, let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.

So I ask you this...imn these cancer cells, is it decreasing AR becuase the extract is anti-carcinogenic and is in fact fighting the cell itself? OR is it because in non-carinogenic cells it has a similar mode of action and decreases AR?

This is something we may want to investigate further.
    I dont really know the guy, Heard some shady things about him, so that makes me a little stand offish, Im in no way judging the guy, he may be a good guy, however those studies he referred to are from pubmed on raspberry ketones. I am taking them and dont notice any negatives in musclegrowth
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

Great workouts Andres.

RK's have been used quite a bit in many supplements and products very popular with the body building community. If it has a negative effect on androgen receptors the question is which ones? Muscular, Sexual breast tissue, in the prostate? I have never experience lower libido, lowered aggression or a decrease in strength while using them and I have used them quite a bit in my transdermals. If it does I would assume it is minuscule.
    Current Log:
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Great workouts Andres.

RK's have been used quite a bit in many supplements and products very popular with the body building community. If it has a negative effect on androgen receptors the question is which ones? Muscular, Sexual breast tissue, in the prostate? I have never experience lower libido, lowered aggression or a decrease in strength while using them and I have used them quite a bit in my transdermals. If it does I would assume it is minuscule.
    hopefully not at all.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Actually dont be so quick to say all androgen receptor downregulation is bad. It would be amazing if it had an isolated effect in the prostate and sexual breast tissue being that this can minimize the risk of cancer. Remember a good thing in one place may be bad in another. Testosterone and other androgen receptors are great in the muscles and testicles but they also cause prostate swelling.

The body is highly complex and one cannot always make a blind sweeping statement about something. RK is still being investigated, but its benefits are well supported and its safety is well founded. A lack of negative side effects from the community as a whole also adds validity to safety and also puts another whole in Anthony Roberts argument. I researched RK extensively before using it and that is the first negative article/post ive read. Take it with a grain of salt like everything else, its good to hear the negative b/c it makes you analyze the positive with more scrutiny.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Update on Yesterdays lift:

Max Effort Lower Body:
    Zercher deadlift with harness like device??? Basically its a harness with a hook at the bottom where you deadlift without using your hands.
    495x1
    545x1
    565x0x0....i just couldnt lock out with this weight. Would get it up but my back, glutes and hams didnt come through like they needed to.

After that hit some squats in the pit shark(weight pulling down from the hips). Went up to 450+4 mini pro yellow bands. Then hit some GHR with a 35lbs plate then a 45lbs plate.

Workout was done after that and thank god! I was fried after the crazy form of deadlift.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.55%

I remember following one of your crazy logs over a BB.com
    DAMMM man you just keep getting stronger and stronger.
    Keep up the great work
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

As always great workout and you echoed my thoughts on the RK as well.
    Current Log:
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%

Yah you must have some strong joints and tendons. That's really the difference between bodybuilders and power lifters. I would have gone for powerlifting had I been strong enough but the core lifts demand strong joints and tendons and I only had strong muscles and my joints cannot take the pounding.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

Yeah I have tiny joints, I mean tiny so power lifting wasn't much of an option for me - wrists under 7, knees 14, and narrow hips. Then again is probably more my age than anything. I never even tried powerlifting because back then they all looked like tubbies and I wasn't interested in that at all. I wanted aesthetics and strength but have never really trained below 5 reps for very long at all. Now guys who are power lifting are huge and enough of them are lean enough they don't look horrible. Take Andres for example he looks great, and is an ox in the gym.
    Current Log:
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

DW and Kleen bring up amazing points but this is what I have learned in my two months of being trained...people dont know how to lift. End of story. I didnt know how to lift. I didnt know how to squat...deadlift...or bench. Heck even my breathing mid sets was wrong!! Learning how to breathe in with my stomach and expand my core to have a larger pillar from which to transfer the power of my legs to the bar. Powerlifting is extremely techniqual and meticulous.

Technique and form is everything. True powerlifting form protects joints FAR more then a normal BB movement. It minimizes stress on the knees, elbows, shoulders, and even wrists. Yeah you will get injured b/c the iron is unforgiving...but you will get injured bodybuilding as well.

And thank you Chris...I mean I am following a diet that this really knowledgeable beast gave me. The guy is a freaking phenom. But yes you are right that now-a-days, powerlifters are getting leaner and meaner. Im talking with my coach so that I can continue to lean up and compete at a low BF. Then with time workout my way up breaking records along the way.

I'll update on my lift, but there is a picture of me hitting dynamic squats(light for speed) on the idolmakers facebook page. Also for those of you friends with me it's on my page too. I'll see if I can post it later. Dynamic work is was with 200lbs in chains.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

No doubt you are correct that powerlifting is technique. Also I saw your new facebook profile pic and man you look like King of the Studs! Looking damn good Andres!

Warning! Shameless Log Promotion Ahead >>> Follow this link for AWESOMENESS!!!!
    KLEEN's Machine gets Torqued Up with EndoSurge! A BPS Sponsored Log
    Current Log:
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Actually dont be so quick to say all androgen receptor downregulation is bad. It would be amazing if it had an isolated effect in the prostate and sexual breast tissue being that this can minimize the risk of cancer. Remember a good thing in one place may be bad in another. Testosterone and other androgen receptors are great in the muscles and testicles but they also cause prostate swelling.

The body is highly complex and one cannot always make a blind sweeping statement about something. RK is still being investigated, but its benefits are well supported and its safety is well founded. A lack of negative side effects from the community as a whole also adds validity to safety and also puts another whole in Anthony Roberts argument. I researched RK extensively before using it and that is the first negative article/post ive read. Take it with a grain of salt like everything else, its good to hear the negative b/c it makes you analyze the positive with more scrutiny.
    cool knowledge broski

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkypinoy61 View Post
    I remember following one of your crazy logs over a BB.com
    DAMMM man you just keep getting stronger and stronger.
    Keep up the great work
    Crap yeah hes strong

When I was his age I had no joint issues and I was doing power type training 130 lbs tricep extensions, 130lbs preachers, 405 squat, if I could go back-I would do higher reps on arms-did low reps on arms for years and killed the joints.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

And Im back again guys. Work has been hectic. Im training my new supervisor and it's the start of a new semester so work has been flowing like a river.

Classes start up again and I will be taking physiology.

Training has been good. Making steady gains and leaning out slowly but surely. Im now floating from 180-185. 180 post training and 185 in the morning.

Monday: dynamic work with 215+80lbs in chains
    Tuesday: max effort deadlift...on a platform with light bands on each side. Went to 415 but hitched. So it didnt count
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday: Max effort floor press with fat grip...went up to 285+bands on each side.
    Friday: Accessory work
    Saturday: Dynamic box squat worked with 265+200lbs of chains for a majority of my working sets. I didnt go up to 285 because i wanted to maintain a nice and fast speed.
    Sunday Off
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%

And Im back again guys. Work has been hectic. Im training my new supervisor and it's the start of a new semester so work has been flowing like a river.

Classes start up again and I will be taking physiology.

Training has been good. Making steady gains and leaning out slowly but surely. Im now floating from 180-185. 180 post training and 185 in the morning.

Monday: dynamic work with 215+80lbs in chains
    Tuesday: max effort deadlift...on a platform with light bands on each side. Went to 415 but hitched. So it didnt count
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday: Max effort floor press with fat grip...went up to 285+bands on each side.
    Friday: Accessory work
    Saturday: Dynamic box squat worked with 265+200lbs of chains for a majority of my working sets. I didnt go up to 285 because i wanted to maintain a nice and fast speed.
    Sunday Off
    Welcome back...
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

Welcome back and nice workout as usual. Wanted to invite you to my wife's first log.

Get your azz over here NOW! Okay, Okay too much? Come support my wife in her first log ever!!!!

KleensQueen Kleens House with FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE & ALC+CLA (Sponsored)
    Current Log:
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Past two workout have been bad.

I was slow on dynamic(could have been the tendo since everyone was ready real slow)
    And I bombed on max effort.

Could be my CNS is a bit fried. Started classes which is a major load on the CNS. This is no counting the added work load at work, stress at home, and doing my best to make ends meet on my diet since funds are tight. So realistically can expect a bad day or two until my CNS adapts to the added course work and studying.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

You know its kinda funny you posted that b/c i stumbled on it last night and I wanted to sub today. You have saved me the trouble in looking for it again lol. Thanks
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

Glad you came, yeah the added mental fatigue of starting classes can definitely take a toll on your lifts. YOu will improve though, you always do.
    Current Log:
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Glad you came, yeah the added mental fatigue of starting classes can definitely take a toll on your lifts. YOu will improve though, you always do.
    That is something I now whole heartedly put in the hands of God. If I make gains, praise be to him. If i get weaker, praise be to him because through my weakness his strengthe is made perfect. Either way Im training balls out every day(makes box squatting tricky haha jk).

It usually takes me a week or so for my CNS to get accustomed to the new work load. So Lifts should be going back up soon, God Willing.

Im looking to post up some pics soon...when I shave, tan, and take them haha. I also will have my coach run a body fat analysis to see how much fat I still hold.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Update for this week:

Monday: Dynamic Bench
    Str8 weight. Increased weight and speed. Was easily hitting 245 for a majority of the 9 sets fast. I couldnt have gone up to maybe 255 or 265 but i focused a little more on speed and form

Tuesday Max Effort Lower:
    Good Morning with the Buffalo bar. I hit 585lb for one solid rep. I failed at 605 and 595. These were good morning with a wide stance and chains were set up to control depth and for safety.

Wed. Off

Diet:
    Im not being too strict. Im eating more so on cruise control. Keeping my protein up and my carbs moderate. Fat I fluctuate. I figure an estimate for the day and go with it.

Today:
    Fast breaker:
    2 glycobol
    14 ounces lean trim flank steak
    2/3 cup bran buds
    1 cup Fiber one caramel crunch

Pre-Workout
    1 Scoop intrapro: 1 hour before
    1.5 scoops C4 20 Minutes before

INtra/immediately post: 3 scoops recoverpro

post workout:
    2 scoops Nutrapro
    3-5 servings of fruits(a serving is a cup)
    2 glasses of juice or milk(I prefer milk but I ran out)

Dinner: TBD
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

Looks good Andres, can't wait to see the pic, shaved tan and all huh? This will be a first. Let's see the results of all this hard work. Great lifts sounds like you are bouncing back already.
    Current Log:
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

And I'm back from all the madness!!

Thursday max effort day was real bad. My chest was all torn up and I really couldnt push like I wanted to. Oh well, by the end of the workout it was ablessing I wasnt injured cause something felt like it was gonna tear.

Friday: Accessory

Saturday: Dynamic Squats
    was hitting 9 sets at 345-355 pretty easy. I stayed at this range so I can improve on speed, which I did. Was a great workout.

Monday: Dynaic work looked a lot like last monday except Im pretty sure the tendo unit was reading slow. Weight felt lighter and that i was moving faster but the speed was about the same.

Diet for today so far:
    8.08 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breat
    8 ounces of brown rice

All in all everything is going at a steady rate. Physique hasnt been my focus, but the training combined with eating sensibly, everything is starting ot pay off. An lets not forget Lean Gains....still dropping fat and steadily getting stronger. The minute I reach my goal bodyfat wise Im raising calories and packing on as much strength as possible while doing my best to maintain.

Today is Lower Body Max Effort. Lets see what the lift has in store
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

Good stuff. We still gonna see those hair trimmed pics you mentioned.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.55%

And I'm back from all the madness!!

Thursday max effort day was real bad. My chest was all torn up and I really couldnt push like I wanted to. Oh well, by the end of the workout it was ablessing I wasnt injured cause something felt like it was gonna tear.

Friday: Accessory

Saturday: Dynamic Squats
    was hitting 9 sets at 345-355 pretty easy. I stayed at this range so I can improve on speed, which I did. Was a great workout.

Monday: Dynaic work looked a lot like last monday except Im pretty sure the tendo unit was reading slow. Weight felt lighter and that i was moving faster but the speed was about the same.

Diet for today so far:
    8.08 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breat
    8 ounces of brown rice

All in all everything is going at a steady rate. Physique hasnt been my focus, but the training combined with eating sensibly, everything is starting ot pay off. An lets not forget Lean Gains....still dropping fat and steadily getting stronger. The minute I reach my goal bodyfat wise Im raising calories and packing on as much strength as possible while doing my best to maintain.

Today is Lower Body Max Effort. Lets see what the lift has in store
    Nice workout man!!!
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.98%

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkypinoy61 View Post
    Nice workout man!!!
    That was nothing!! On Tuesday was Max Effort Lower body Here is how it went.

Tuesday:
    So for any of you familiar with Westside, bands are used very often. Todays Max Effort Box Squat was using ALL THREE Long Bands. Oh yeah the Light, Average AND Strong Bands. This was a BUTT load of tension with no weight on the bar.

Worked my way up to
    305lb Bar weight + 2 Light Bands(one each side) + 2 Average bands (One each side) + 2 Heavy Bands = Texas Squat bare bending like a buffalo bar.

I hit the 305 and didnt go higher b/c i almost didnt hit that. It was one heck of a struggle once the bands really started kicking in. God only knows how much tension was at the top.

I would like ot make a side note here:
    My log if you, you have surely noticed, are far less detailed as far as workouts are concerned. This is because I am being trained and the workouts are not my own. Therefore I don't feel I have the right to give every detail of my workout being that it isn't mine to give.

I do specify the progress I am making on my big lifts b/c this is a testament to the effectiveness of my trainer and my new gym. In 3 months I have progressed tremendously(for a natural athlete) on all lifts. ESPECIALLY considering my form is now getting competition ready. Before hand...i would never have pulled/pushed any of my original numbers in a meet BECAUSE my form would have disqualified the lift.

So again forgive the general lack of detail. I don't feel right in posting all over the internet his routines. Part of what makes the gym so amazing is the knowledge and wisdom he imparts on his athletes/clients.

Anyone who follows my logs KNOWS I am very willing to share ALL THAT I KNOW. But being that this is not mine to give, I want to respect what is being given to me.

I will become more detailed on how diet, rest, and supplementation affects my training.

Weight: im floating between 178-184.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

Excellent and no worries on the details. Your cliff notes are motivating enough. I can't wait to hear how some singles or triples go on a raw day with no bands or anything just you and the weight.
    Current Log:

Similar Forum Threads

1. HGHpro
    By hugerobb in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 12:26 PM
  2. Home Sweet Home!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 01:18 AM
  3. For those who seek a home within a home...
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 11:43 PM