Cut Hard Or Go Home like an HGHpro!

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

WELCOME BACK! Hope everyone had a great independence weekend! Mine was filled with good lifts! So i cant ask for more!

Friday: Accessory work day. Nothing really to Report
    Saturday: Dynamic Lower Body
    Box Squats went up to 305 with bands. Bands where about 275lbs of pressure at the top. Tried it with 315 my last set but didnt get off the box. This was a MAJOR jump from my last dynamic squat day with bands.

Monday: Dynamic upper Body
    Bench with bands....went up to 225(not including bands). If you remember, 3 weeks ago i was doing 205-210 without bands and I was just making the proper speed. Now Im at 225 + Bands and Im hitting a pretty decent speed. Last set I dropped back down to 205 b/c at the end of 8 sets I was slowing down. So that just means my muscles still are out of shape.

Diet has been fluctuating at best. Some days im just trying to keep my protein intake adequate. Physique wise Im looking better. Still getting stronger. But progress is def not where it can be if I had more sleep and a more structure diet. Life is kickin my butt but I am not gonna give up. Just may take me al ittle longer thats all.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

SOunds like things are going pretty well for how hectic your schedule already is. Nice pulling number with the bands too! I have no doubt your DL is gonna sky rocket with more attention.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    SOunds like things are going pretty well for how hectic your schedule already is. Nice pulling number with the bands too! I have no doubt your DL is gonna sky rocket with more attention.
    Well considering how hectic my schedule is the gains im making in the gym are amazing. With DL alone I was pulling close to 600lbs at the top of the motion last tuesday. I expect my gains to slow down once my body has accomodated to this style of training but I can see myself consistantly getting stronger and stronger every week.

I may be ready to compete sooner then expected. AND on form...with bench they tweaked my form and my ass is staying on the bench and my arch is stronger. I stopped benching with sleeves b/c more then likely they are not allowed in raw meets.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Max Effort Lower Body:

Box Squat with black bands and AND chains. Went up to 295: probably more since bar was definitely over 45lbs (think its called a buffalo bar?)
    Tried 315 but i hit a sticking point when the bands started pulling real hard and missed it.

Not what I was hoping for...really wanted to get 3 plates. Next time!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

You are truly a beast Andres!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

If you think thats impressive...there are guys who play football in that same gym who are stronger then me. One guy put 4 plates on top of the bands and chains. I walk in there every workout and get humbled lol
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Upper Body Max Effort:

Fat Bar Board Presses+Chains(maybe around 120lbs total?)
    Went up to 3 plates on each side (so about 325 not counting the chains). With chains it was close to 445 at the top.
    Failed at 345.

Notes:
    You know Ive always known and said Testopro+HGHpro was a ridiculous stack. But really? From being perpetually sore to being sore 1 or 2 days max is ridiculous. I know this happens every time Im on testopro but the effects never get old. Vascularity and muscle fullness is up. The strength gains I cant really accurately associate with Testopro+HGHpro being that this is a new method of training that focuses on getting stronger every lift. So being that I know from past stacks there is an increase in strength gains I do know in part the stack is helping me achieve more results faster.

In 1 month I have gone up on every lift(main lift). I wont know exactly how much till I start revisiting the movement a second time around which may be in another month, but needless to say I am very happy with my progress but I yearn for more.

The Plan:
    Diet will stay about the same. trying to keep calories between 1500-2500. Protein around 200g on average and no lower then 170-180g(these days I make sure to get higher carbs so that more protein is spared for recovery).

Supplements:
    Im gonna add DAA and LCLT to my stack once it comes in. Right now the stack looks like this:

Fat Loss:
    Dexaprine( 2x a day)
    AT2: 1-2 a day
    RK-180: 3-4 a day

Strength:
    Testopro: 4 a day
    HGHpro: 4 pre-bed
    Powerfull: 2-3 pre-lift
    DAA: 3-6 grams a day
    LCLT:2-3 grams a day
    Erase: 3 a day
    Recoverpro: 6-8 scoops dosed around workout

This stack will continue through June. At which point I'll switch to Anabeta+Stoked in August and maybe something else for fat burning and run that for 8 weeks. Take a 2-3 week break and go right back to the ultimate AI stack!!

Testopro+HGHpro
    Daa+LCLT
    Recoverpro
    Maniac

I may add Erase and Ecdy to this stack.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    Upper Body Max Effort:

Fat Bar Board Presses+Chains(maybe around 120lbs total?)
    Went up to 3 plates on each side (so about 325 not counting the chains). With chains it was close to 445 at the top.
    Failed at 345.

Notes:
    You know Ive always known and said Testopro+HGHpro was a ridiculous stack. But really? From being perpetually sore to being sore 1 or 2 days max is ridiculous. I know this happens every time Im on testopro but the effects never get old. Vascularity and muscle fullness is up. The strength gains I cant really accurately associate with Testopro+HGHpro being that this is a new method of training that focuses on getting stronger every lift. So being that I know from past stacks there is an increase in strength gains I do know in part the stack is helping me achieve more results faster.

In 1 month I have gone up on every lift(main lift). I wont know exactly how much till I start revisiting the movement a second time around which may be in another month, but needless to say I am very happy with my progress but I yearn for more.

The Plan:
    Diet will stay about the same. trying to keep calories between 1500-2500. Protein around 200g on average and no lower then 170-180g(these days I make sure to get higher carbs so that more protein is spared for recovery).

Supplements:
    Im gonna add DAA and LCLT to my stack once it comes in. Right now the stack looks like this:

Fat Loss:
    Dexaprine( 2x a day)
    AT2: 1-2 a day
    RK-180: 3-4 a day

Strength:
    Testopro: 4 a day
    HGHpro: 4 pre-bed
    Powerfull: 2-3 pre-lift
    DAA: 3-6 grams a day
    LCLT:2-3 grams a day
    Erase: 3 a day
    Recoverpro: 6-8 scoops dosed around workout

This stack will continue through June. At which point I'll switch to Anabeta+Stoked in August and maybe something else for fat burning and run that for 8 weeks. Take a 2-3 week break and go right back to the ultimate AI stack!!

Testopro+HGHpro
    Daa+LCLT
    Recoverpro
    Maniac

I may add Erase and Ecdy to this stack.
    Adding Testopro back in Starting Sunday never lets me down. I eat them like candy lol
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Yep, I have been saving some of my TPro for a rainy day. Pretty sure that will be right after my pct.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Accessory day today. Biceps(4 exercises a total of 10 sets), traps(4 sets), kettle ball cleans(4 sets), and abs(5 super sets). Not a bad day. Triceps are really sore.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

ltlc looks awesome --I used to take alcar for two tyears from 2005-2007-big beleiver in l-carnitine for bodybuilding and heres a nice video on ltlc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9_hwDxx3A
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Nice posting John...even though Im looking to beat those Gaspari benchers in the BW challenge...good info lol

So im sorry I havent posted as much over the weekends but my computer seems to not like the new site so much which is why I post mainly during the week and my schools computers during before work or during breaks.

Updates:
    Weight: 182.8.....yes you read right. Im lower in weight then Ive been in awhile and Im looking better then I have in a long time. And strength is going up up up!! 7% here i come!! I estimate im probably around 10% now so once im in the mid to low 170s I should be at my desire range.

Saturday I got my 3 plates on Dynamic lower body which means 335 off the box NOT counting the 120 lbs of chains. This was done for speed. So little by little Im making solid gains. There is one guy who hits 4 plates off the box...so mentally Im in a race to top him ASAP. One guy there who who is currently injured use to hit 6 plates(not counting chains and bands) off the box. So there is gonna be a whole lot of room to grow!

Im researching federations and meets. Im looking for a meet to sign up for and compete. Im thinking either Xmas break or next summer when I have a break from classes.

IM gonna compete raw and natural till I break the records im shooting for. Then Ill go equiped. But first I wanna build a good raw foundation. Looking to compete in either 165 or 181 depending on how much fat I have left to lose.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Nice posting John...even though Im looking to beat those Gaspari benchers in the BW challenge...good info lol

So im sorry I havent posted as much over the weekends but my computer seems to not like the new site so much which is why I post mainly during the week and my schools computers during before work or during breaks.

Updates:
    Weight: 182.8.....yes you read right. Im lower in weight then Ive been in awhile and Im looking better then I have in a long time. And strength is going up up up!! 7% here i come!! I estimate im probably around 10% now so once im in the mid to low 170s I should be at my desire range.

Saturday I got my 3 plates on Dynamic lower body which means 335 off the box NOT counting the 120 lbs of chains. This was done for speed. So little by little Im making solid gains. There is one guy who hits 4 plates off the box...so mentally Im in a race to top him ASAP. One guy there who who is currently injured use to hit 6 plates(not counting chains and bands) off the box. So there is gonna be a whole lot of room to grow!

Im researching federations and meets. Im looking for a meet to sign up for and compete. Im thinking either Xmas break or next summer when I have a break from classes.

IM gonna compete raw and natural till I break the records im shooting for. Then Ill go equiped. But first I wanna build a good raw foundation. Looking to compete in either 165 or 181 depending on how much fat I have left to lose.
    I can tell you from experience , stripping fat off , esp like 10 lbs or more from 10 % strength will go down- thats just my expirience though hopefully itll go up for you brutha.

When you start eating higher calories your body is going to suck up them nutrients and carbs and your going to explode. i know this from contest rebound-trust me on this Andres about when you take in way more cals/carbs in right after you stop the lower calorie diet, for the next month or so take advantage of this.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

With Lean Gains I don't know that he is going to start losing strength at all. At least not until he is into single digits if even then. Lean Gains really changes a lot about how the body reacts. It is the extended caloric deficit that causes the muscle wasting, as well as the rebound with Lean Gains the deficit isn't extended that long every lift day is maintenance or above so you are only in a deficit for a day or two at a time depending on how your split is set up.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Considering the type of training im doing. As long as I dont got to low into caloric deficit I dont see me losing strength. Workout days are rarely if ever below maintenance. Its the two non-workout days I really cut calories but always ensure adequate protein intake with enough carbs to spare a majority of the protein I took in.

Monday: Dynamic Upper body with chains
    This day I was not feeling food. My shoulder and bicep felt like there were two needles shooting into the muscles and this really zapped my power. I went up to 205 plus chains realized i was going too slow then went back down to 185+chains. Not the best of lift days but Im getting stronger slowly.

Tuesday: Max effort Lower body
    Was using this weird bar that pulls you forward. Caused me to break at the hips at around 380 and I missed the lift. This type of squat points out one of the problems i have with bending forward and losing power. The weight was stupid light but my accessory squat muscles need to get stronger so I can be an effective squater.

Today is going to me Max Effort Upper body.

Havent weight myself in a couple of days. My weight fluctuates big time now-a-days, mainly due to water content and what not. Mornings I weigh the most and after workouts I weigh the least. So I know it has to do with the amount of water my body is storing outside of workouts.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Good stuff, so what does the bar you are talking about look like?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Chris, well my point is its not a bodybuilding show so appearance does not matter as much as strength so he can afford to load up the glycogen stores before the contest and have crazy strength since it sounds like his glycogen stores may be doing down based on his carb intake and losing bodyfat goals.

to make sure though,

Andres, are you still doing lower carbs?
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Andres, whatup bud. Tearin it up like a madman still..love it!
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Good stuff, so what does the bar you are talking about look like?
    Bar looks like this buddy:
    http://www.elitebarbell.com/rackable..._squat_bar.GIF

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Chris, well my point is its not a bodybuilding show so appearance does not matter as much as strength so he can afford to load up the glycogen stores before the contest and have crazy strength since it sounds like his glycogen stores may be doing down based on his carb intake and losing bodyfat goals.

to make sure though,

Andres, are you still doing lower carbs?
    compared to most yeah. Workout days can be as high as 150-200. Non-workout days drop to around 100 or less. But a good average would be in the mid to low 100's.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    Andres, whatup bud. Tearin it up like a madman still..love it!
    Hey flex!!! Man im jusrt trying to survive! Working, studying, training, getting active in church...life is nuts!! Friends are moving so ive been helping them a lot lately. This should be the last week of that madness.
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

UPDATE:

Thursday:

Floor press with grey short bands and 120lbs of chains. Got up to 185 and just missed 205 by a little!! If i could have locked it out I would have had it but the bands caught up to me and it didnt budge. Not bad considering the strongest lift of the day was 225. So i gots room to improve but im getting stronger.

Rest of the workout was long and brutal.

Friday:
    Biceps...4 sets fat bar curl, 3 sets super set, 3 sets seated curl with dumbells. Then superset for traps. Then some abs.

Saturday: EXTRA BRUTAL!!

Dynamic lower body:
    was working most of the sets with 325 + 120lbs of chains. Got to my 8th set of and was only able to hit 1 of 2. So this was my breaking point. I hit a total of about 4-5 sets with the 325 when just a few weeks ago i couldnt hit that off the box for 1 set 1 rep. The rest of the workout including lunges, reverse hyperextensions, tire flips, good morning with bands, and pushing the prowler...and lets not forget abs.

friday and saturday i was also helping my friends move. Friday pre-workout. Saturday post workout...by sunday i could hardly get out of bed for church i was so sore. Today im feeling better but my lower body is still sore.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Awesome work Andres! I had a feeling it was one of those bars. Have never used them but have seen one or two people use them. Mostly power lifters.
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Makes sense. I dont see why a bodybuilder or recreational lifter would have need of this bar. It really doesnt allow you to focus on your legs at all, rather your form and smaller accessory muscles. Great for strengthening, not so much for building.
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Update:

Yesterdays Dynamic work was solid. Was working far better and faster with the weight i was struggling with last week. Was hitting the speed i needed to be hitting.

As far as my cut is coming along, its coming along quite nicely. I havent been anywhere close to being super meticulous but the fat is still coming off. Just being very sensible about amounts and what not. Making sure to get adequate protein. Ill have to find a camera and someone to take some pictures.

Going to take a break soon from the Testopro, HGHpro, DAA, and LCLT. Im thinking about switching to Stoked, Glycobol and Anabeta. Run that for a bit, then take a break and hit up the stack im on now again.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

SOunds nice, I am interested in the Anabeta myself.
  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Update: Max effort lower body deadlift

I think its hilarious walking into the gym I said to myself, "Christ my back is all ****ed up today...I hope Im not hitting deadlifts today" Sure enough I walk in and its deadlift day.

So even with my back not being 100% i pulled 500x1 easier then I have in the past. I went for 515 and I didnt get the lock out, so i was pretty pissed about that. But they pointed out my shortcomings and how i can improve my form to pull better. So in the end missing the lift taught me a lot.

All in all it was a good workout. Some GHR, box jumps, light squats in the pit shark. Short and sweet.

Almost forgot to mention Im pulling 500 on a bad day and im in th mid to low 180's. So i cant say ive gotten weaker. And I didnt even have to get that hyped to pull it. Just relying more on brute strength than in mental state.
    Last edited by GoHardOrGoHme; 07-19-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: forgot to say
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Nice work Andres! A 500 pull is pretty impressive, I think I am close but have never attempted it.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Nice work Andres! A 500 pull is pretty impressive, I think I am close but have never attempted it.
    Been a long time since I pulled like that and my 500 lb deads were done with straps... which adds to the lift no doubt..
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

first time i pulled 500 was with straps back my senior year in college i think.... But the minute i got serious about raw strength wraps where out and as some of you well know I very much struggle with my grip especially in the past. It's taken a good while...what close to a year or 2 to get back up to 500 with no wraps. And 500 use to be once every blue moon. Now its coming up more consistantly.

Yesterday was my rest day. I had a good diet overall...till i had some cupcakes my friend made. Oh well I'll consider it a carb up for todays max effort madness lol.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Pulling 500 raw is no joke for sure. Don't worry bout those cupcakes, one time won't hurt a thing and like you said will probably make for a better workout.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

keep up the good work bud
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Good Monday to everyone!!

Here are some updates:

Thursday was Max Effort Upper body:
    Incline with changes. Hit about 325-335(at the top) and missed 345.

Friday:
    Accessory work

Saturday:
    Lower Body Dynamic...str8 box squat
    This I noted a significant improvement. Before hand i was barely hitting 315 off the box for more then a rep or so once i got to the 5 set. Now I was hitting 345 for speed and went up to 365 off the box. At 365 i was a little slow then I would have liked so I dropped back down to 345. Though I could have stayed at 365...the point of dynamic day is speed. So i dropped the ego and the weight. Finished all 9 sets real strong. Hit some GHR, one leg hypers, and some other stuff i dont know the name to lol.

Other Updates:
    I took a picture on the 22nd of how i was looking. I posted it on facebook and I'll post it here as well. It was in the wee morning hours. I was by no means dry, nor was the lighting very good but you can def see the improvements. I'll get a picture at the beginning of this cut and then post the progress pic. I'll probably take another progress pic in another 3-4 weeks. Needless to say, Im no longer shy about taking off my shirt. Im no Kleen(or DW...those guys are still way leaner and more shredded then me)...but im no longer a fatty.

Diet:

Fast breaker:
    2 turkey patties (70 grams of protein)
    1 package high fiber oats
    2 apricots

Pre-lift:
    2 scoops maniac
    1 scoop RecoverPro
    3 grams DAA
    1 gram LCLT

Intra-workout"
    3 scoops RecoverPro

Post Workout: (~100 grams of protein)
    2 cups milk
    4 scoops MRI NO2 Charger
    2 scoops Ultimate nutrition Sensations 81
    2 frozen banana's
    Maybe some Bran Buds for more fiber

After this meal I try to eat as much protein as possible...but after my workouts i can barely eat anything which is why i make the protein shake so big. Trying to force feed myself is much easier with liquid then with solid food.

Today is Upper Body Dynamic. Lets see how this goes.

Also Im looking to register for my first meet. Either December after finals or June/July once I finish my degree. Lets see how this plays out.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Good Monday to everyone!!

Here are some updates:

Thursday was Max Effort Upper body:
    Incline with changes. Hit about 325-335(at the top) and missed 345.

Friday:
    Accessory work

Saturday:
    Lower Body Dynamic...str8 box squat
    This I noted a significant improvement. Before hand i was barely hitting 315 off the box for more then a rep or so once i got to the 5 set. Now I was hitting 345 for speed and went up to 365 off the box. At 365 i was a little slow then I would have liked so I dropped back down to 345. Though I could have stayed at 365...the point of dynamic day is speed. So i dropped the ego and the weight. Finished all 9 sets real strong. Hit some GHR, one leg hypers, and some other stuff i dont know the name to lol.

Other Updates:
    I took a picture on the 22nd of how i was looking. I posted it on facebook and I'll post it here as well. It was in the wee morning hours. I was by no means dry, nor was the lighting very good but you can def see the improvements. I'll get a picture at the beginning of this cut and then post the progress pic. I'll probably take another progress pic in another 3-4 weeks. Needless to say, Im no longer shy about taking off my shirt. Im no Kleen(or DW...those guys are still way leaner and more shredded then me)...but im no longer a fatty.

Diet:

Fast breaker:
    2 turkey patties (70 grams of protein)
    1 package high fiber oats
    2 apricots

Pre-lift:
    2 scoops maniac
    1 scoop RecoverPro
    3 grams DAA
    1 gram LCLT

Intra-workout"
    3 scoops RecoverPro

Post Workout: (~100 grams of protein)
    2 cups milk
    4 scoops MRI NO2 Charger
    2 scoops Ultimate nutrition Sensations 81
    2 frozen banana's
    Maybe some Bran Buds for more fiber

After this meal I try to eat as much protein as possible...but after my workouts i can barely eat anything which is why i make the protein shake so big. Trying to force feed myself is much easier with liquid then with solid food.

Today is Upper Body Dynamic. Lets see how this goes.

Also Im looking to register for my first meet. Either December after finals or June/July once I finish my degree. Lets see how this plays out.
    Alright... time to get serious!!!
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Good stuff Andres, I too drink a decent amount of my protein requirements. Some people are whole food natzis. However I find that getting 1/3-1/2 of my protein from a shake aids in overall digestion. People hype the thermal effect of whole food but bottom line when it comes to complete proteins that is a whole food, just dehydrated. It still raises TEF because it is protein. I still get warmer all over having 70 grams of protein in a shake just like I do if I have a big steak. So thermally speaking I see no difference there. On top of that it has been shown that the same amount of protein in whey as in other whole food the whey protein users actually burned more fat. So much for the biblical adherence to the whole foods argument.

I can't wait to see you do a meet. Happy that working out here has given you the confidence to make the jump.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Good stuff Andres, I too drink a decent amount of my protein requirements. Some people are whole food natzis. However I find that getting 1/3-1/2 of my protein from a shake aids in overall digestion. People hype the thermal effect of whole food but bottom line when it comes to complete proteins that is a whole food, just dehydrated. It still raises TEF because it is protein. I still get warmer all over having 70 grams of protein in a shake just like I do if I have a big steak. So thermally speaking I see no difference there. On top of that it has been shown that the same amount of protein in whey as in other whole food the whey protein users actually burned more fat. So much for the biblical adherence to the whole foods argument.

I can't wait to see you do a meet. Happy that working out here has given you the confidence to make the jump.
    I tend to get hungry if too much of my protein comes from shakes so I would rather have steaks...
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Well I would definitely opt for steak if that was what I was eating most of the time. I think the big reason I don't get hungry after is that when I have a shake it is ALMOST ALWAYS accompanied by an ounce of almonds, and or fibrous fruit. That fat and fiber give me the satiety that I would not get from a shake otherwise.
  37. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

What a week!! So busy I barely have time to sleep!

Had my final yesterdau in Nutrition and pulled an A. So that class is done for now. Starting Physiology in the fall. Work is none stop. But lifting is still making progress.

Monday:
    Upper Body Dynamic Bench: Str8 weight
    First time i hit this little over a month ago (less the 2 months) I was struggling to make speed with 205. On Monday I was hitting 225 for the proper speed( and little faster with maybe 30-45 second rest between sets. It was a 2 person rotation and he would go, I would go, He would go I would go and it went like this for 12 sets. 9 working sets and 3 warm up. Needless to say ive jumped up 20lbs AND if i rested more i couldnt have jumped up even more!

Tuesday:
    Lower Body Max:
    Deadlift with trap bar. Went up to 485 and missed 505. Oh well. First time i ever deadlifted with a trap bar. Its gonna take a little getting use to.

Wednesday: off

Today upper body max effort. Ill update later.

Sleep has been heavily compromised. But hey it happens sometimes.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Isn't that trap bar a thing of beauty! I own one, love it, prefer it to regular deads because of how much it works the legs too. I can't think of another exercise that hits as much muscle as the trap bar dead lift.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Answers

WOW! Andres your just killing it sir! Interested to see how that new stack your talking about treats you. Taurus has a goodie on the way for me, so look out old PR's....
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    WOW! Andres your just killing it sir! Interested to see how that new stack your talking about treats you. Taurus has a goodie on the way for me, so look out old PR's....
    I can hazard a guess...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HGHpro
    By hugerobb in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 10:26 AM
  2. Home Sweet Home!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 11:18 PM
  3. For those who seek a home within a home...
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 09:43 PM