Free Test and the Hick ---Good combo? (Sponsored)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off, thank you to AppNut and R1balla for the opportunity to log Free Test.

Alright so here is the lay out.

Weight: 173 lbs
Height: 5'7"
BF %: ? not sure

I have been changing up my workouts rather frequently as of late to hit what feels like it needs hit. I workout three times a week with cardio twice a week. I have a fairly high metabolism and active job so I do not spend much time with the cardio.

I am dosing the Free Test in half doses. (2 caps A.M. and 2 prior workout P.M.) Along with the Free Test, I will also be running bulk CEE from NP.

Workout tonight, update tomorrow.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll love FREE TEST :D

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow! I thought a post from you was reserved for the veterans of this forum!
Thanks for droppin in! Hope the Free Test treats me good!
No idea why you would think that, LOL - I am almost everywhere, seriously, even if I don't post :lol:

No worries :) I'm confident that it will!

~Rosie~

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^Eh it sounded good I guess! Lol!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thursday June 2

Flat bench
135 - 15
205 - 10
225 - 10
255 - 4
225 - 8
185 - 16 (wide grip)
135 - 25 (wide grip) rack it no wait 10 (narrow grip)

Incline bench
115 - 10
135 - 10
185 - 5

DB Flies
40 lb - 20
50 lb - 20
60 lb - 20

Pushdowns
60 lb 3 sets of 20

Pullbacks
60 lbs 3 sets of 20

Wrist curls
40 lb - 20
50 lb - 20
55 lb - 20

Just started with dosing Free Test Wednesday night so still to early to notice any change. I did feel better than normal last night (not stronger but better mood) but not sure yet if that is due to the Free Test. On another note, had bowel troubles yesterday with no change in diet just the introduction of FT. Again, not sure if it is related. Have had no problems today.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After I posted yesterday, I did have another bout with intestinal upset. Not sure if my body is just not adjusting to something in the Free Test or if something else was happening. Since yesterday afternoon, there have been no problems. Not noticing any change in my libido just yet but mood has seemed to improve. As far as any other effects, nothing noticable yet.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After I posted yesterday, I did have another bout with intestinal upset. Not sure if my body is just not adjusting to something in the Free Test or if something else was happening. Since yesterday afternoon, there have been no problems. Not noticing any change in my libido just yet but mood has seemed to improve. As far as any other effects, nothing noticable yet.
Tummy upset could just be from the Forslean, as your body gets used to it (a very common effect of this particular ingredient) - it goes away.

~Rosie~

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tummy upset could just be from the Forslean, as your body gets used to it (a very common effect of this particular ingredient) - it goes away.

~Rosie~
Yeah I figured it was just a matter of my body getting used to the product. Thanks for the heads up on what was causing it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I figured it was just a matter of my body getting used to the product. Thanks for the heads up on what was causing it.
No worries, bud :) Like I said, it goes in about a week or so.

~Rosie~

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well tonight's workout wasn't anything to write home about. I blame my poor diet today. Was working on several projects and didn't get in a couple meals because of my tunnel vision.

Did a small set on flat bench to work out a little soreness that I had.
135-10
205-10
245-10
225-10 (wide grip)
185-15 (wide grip)

DB lunges:
35's-20
40's-10
50's-10

Leg extensions:
45 lbs- 20
90 lbs- 20
135 lbs- 20

Good mornings:
115 lbs- 10
135 lbs- 10
185 lbs- 10

Squats:
135 lbs- 10
205- 10
225- 10
315- 1*
225- 10

*Sprained my right ankle two weeks ago and it still doesn't feel 100%. Got a little spasm at 315 so I racked it after 1 and decided to just go lighter for the next set. I hate going backwards on weight but better to let it heal.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No worries, bud :) Like I said, it goes in about a week or so.

~Rosie~

No problems today so I think I'm good to go now! Definitely wouldn't have done squats tonight if I was still having issues! :yikes:

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went to do my cardio today only to find that my tread mill decided to crap out! Took it apart and checked the brushes of the motor and anything else I could. I didn't see any fuses that I could replace either. My dad is really good with electronics so I'll have to get him to look at it. So, since I was unable to use my treadmill, I got on my wife's elliptical machine. Not used to that machine so it felt weird. Went ahead and got 30 minutes of cardio in.

Took my second half of the daily dose of Free Test 1 1/2 hrs before and while the elliptical felt weird, my endurance was better than normal today. I tried adjusting the incline and pace but I just kept going with no problems! Heart rate settled down faster than normal too! If this keeps up, I might have to increase my cardio sessions to a full hour to feel like I've done something!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your cardio equipment breaks, you can always just go run outside. Or get yourself a skipping rope to use. Even shadow box. Cheap, but simple and effective forms of cardio.

And yeah, if you do it intense enough (I don't mean 100% hard out for all of it either), ~20 minutes is enough; you don't need to do an hour - I rarely do any more than ~20 minutes of cardio, and my endurance is pretty high.

On another note, what exactly are your goal/s when using FREE TEST/for this period of training?

~Rosie~

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Rosie. I actually wound up taking my dogs for a run about an hour ago to go ahead and really get some high intensity cardio in. I like to use my tread mill because I live on sandy roads and it bothers my ankle. I wound up wrapping it tonight and it felt fine. My dogs came home and sprawled out on the basement concrete and crashed! Lol! Not sure what the temp was but the humidity was up there. Got a good sweat going!

As far as what my goals are, I am wanting to increase strength and endurance while dropping a little bf. I have noticed that my endurance has decreased a little so would like to get that back up where it was. I also gained a little bit of love handles over the winter that I plan to get rid of. My wife and friends say I'm seeing things but it's my body and I see what I see.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie. I actually wound up taking my dogs for a run about an hour ago to go ahead and really get some high intensity cardio in. I like to use my tread mill because I live on sandy roads and it bothers my ankle. I wound up wrapping it tonight and it felt fine. My dogs came home and sprawled out on the basement concrete and crashed! Lol! Not sure what the temp was but the humidity was up there. Got a good sweat going!

As far as what my goals are, I am wanting to increase strength and endurance while dropping a little bf. I have noticed that my endurance has decreased a little so would like to get that back up where it was. I also gained a little bit of love handles over the winter that I plan to get rid of. My wife and friends say I'm seeing things but it's my body and I see what I see.
No worries :)

I see. Well, with the right training programme and nutrition plan, with the help of FREE TEST, you should easily achieve that.

I know exactly what you mean - no one elses' opinion really matters when it comes to our own body, and it's about making sure we are personally happy with it, regardless of whether others think we already look ok or not.

~Rosie~

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
Lookin good in here so far brotha :D

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
June 6 Monday

Temperature was 102° in our shop today at work! Ugh! Got to our garage gym tonight and temp in there was 98°. Turned the ac on but it only got it down to 85° by time to lift. Not bad. Let's you get a really good sweat going!

DB iso curls:
45 lbs-10
60 lbs-10
70 lbs-20
70 lbs-20

DB Pullovers:
45 lbs-20
55 lbs-20
60 lbs-20
70 lbs-20

Rope crunches:
70 lbs-20
75 lbs-20
80 lbs-20
80 lbs-20

BB Shrugs (full rotation, short rest, straight up shoulders to ears):
135 lbs-20 ea.*
165 lbs-20 ea.*
185 lbs-15 ea.**
205 lbs-15 ea.**
*30 second rest between sets
**15 second rest between sets

Dead lifts:
135 lbs-10
185 lbs-10
225 lbs-10
315 lbs-5

Felt pretty good throughout the lifts. Had some pretty good muscle burn going on by the end!

Dead lifts:

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My libido is usually high to begin with so haven't really noticed a change yet. Although last night the entertainment was just a little bit more enthusiastic. The boys are hanging lower than normal and a little bigger than normal to. No noticable gains in strength yet but it has only been 5 days.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been noticing that my mood has been elevated. Sleep has been scarce but energy and mood have still been high. It reminds me of when I was in my late teens/ twenties where I could go like a jack rabbit on only 4 hrs of sleep each night. Granted I am getting a little more sleep these days but usually good to go on 6-6 1/2 hrs. Past few nights have only been around5 but as I said before, energy is still high. This and the heat isn't wearing me down. Thermometer in our shop today said 104° but it just wasn't getting to me.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it at all possible for you to get more sleep during the night? that will help your recovery and gains

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh I know! Been practicing a song for church and last night had a meeting to go to so its just been hectic this week! I've been trying to get things to where I can get more sleep at night. I guess I just need to learn how to say "no" to some things.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i tend to sit in bed and watch tv to long....if i watch for 30 min then turn it off i sleep alot earlier

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wound up taking a vacation day today and slept for a while longer. I knew those long hours and little sleep were bound to catch up with me.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah i tend to sit in bed and watch tv to long....if i watch for 30 min then turn it off i sleep alot earlier
One of my problems is reading logs and articles while laying in bed trying to wind down. Seems that lately its been really getting my mind going! As far as tv, I took it out of my room a long time ago because it was too big of a temptation to lay there and watch. Now I'm fighting the same problem with my phone! Lol!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
June 9, Day 7

Flat bench:
135-15
205-10
225-5
255-4
225-9(wide)
185-18(wide)*
135-28(wide)*
*improved from last time! Go to failure on last four sets.

Pullbacks:
70lbs-20
75lbs-10
80lbs-10

Push downs: 3 sets of 20 @60lbs.

Pull downs (close grip):
70lbs-20
75lbs-10
80lbs-10

Seated tricep press:
45lbs-20
65lbs-10
75lbs-10

DB Flies:
40lb-15
50lb-15
60lb-15

Wrist curls:
40lb-30
50lb-20
60lb-20

DB rows:
50lb-15
60lb-15
70lb-15

Aggression was elevated today but mood was still positive.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No lifting today. Friend got married so I went to that. Outdoor wedding and a lot of hot girls in short dresses or should I say libido checks! Not good when you are already married though!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't find a good version to copy and paste on here but yesterday morning, I had to think of Rodney Carrington's song "morning wood". Great song that almost every guy can relate to!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flat bench:
135-5 (normal grip @ 5-1-3),rack regrip narrow-5 @ 5-1-3
205-5 (3-1-3)
225-5 (3-1-3)
245-5
275-1
245-6 (wide grip)
225-7 (wide grip)
205-10 (wide)
185-10 (wide)
135-15 (narrow), rack regrip-10 (wide)

DB curls:
45lbs-10
60 lbs-10
70 lbs-20
70 lbs-20

DB pullovers:
45 lbs-20
60 lbs-20
70 lbs-20
70 lbs-20

Shrugs (BB): Do straight up shoulder to ear rest 30 sec then full rotation
Straight up: Full rotation:
135lbs-20 20
165 lbs-20 20
205 lbs-20 20
225 lbs-20 20

Deadlift:

135 lbs-10
205 lbs-10
265 lbs-5
315 lbs-2 :-( Grip was just sucking last night!

Over all, aggression has been the most elevated effect that I have noticed from the Free Test. It is a lasting aggression that is not just limited to the weights so I find myself having to "check" myself and keep it in line sometimes. Strength and libido have increased a little but like I have said before, libido is usually fairly high to begin with. Muscles are harder than normal and seems to have a bit of a lasting all day pump. I feel as though it is just now starting to really take effect on me so hopefully the strength wise start to show some good improvements!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Libido has been rather high today! Woke up with wood and have had a lot of spontaneous wood throughout the day. Way more than normal!! If the wind blew a little, wood. Sneeze from some saw dust --wood! I was getting wood with no real stimulus at all! Will put up lifts from tonight tomorrow.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
June 16

Lifts for last night---

Squat:
135 lbs:10
205 :10
245 :5
315 :5

Good Mornings:
95 :10
115 :10
135 :10
185 :5

Calf Raises:
135 :25
205 :25
245 :25

Leg Extensions:
45 lbs: 20
90 :20
135 :15

Wanted to work my narrow grip on bench so did a set of flat bench as well:

135: 15
205: 5
225: 5
245: 4
265: 2
225: 2*
135: 20*
*these two sets were done very narrow with hands on the smooth part of the bar almost touching the center knurling.

As far as my response to Free Test, I am still not noticing very much of an increase in strength. Like I said before though, my libido is increasing. Not sure if my pheromone levels are going up but definitely getting more attention from my wife. Not really around other women to much so not sure. Wondering if maybe the dosage could be increased to say 6 per day instead of just 4? Don't know, just thinking out loud.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as my response to Free Test, I am still not noticing very much of an increase in strength. Like I said before though, my libido is increasing. Not sure if my pheromone levels are going up but definitely getting more attention from my wife. Not really around other women to much so not sure. Wondering if maybe the dosage could be increased to say 6 per day instead of just 4? Don't know, just thinking out loud.
If you want strength, you need to make sure that your TRAINING IS TARGETED AT STRENGTH - you have a lot of endurance and hypertrophy rep sets, but not a lot of basic or specific strength rep sets.

Re dosage, try having all 4 caps first thing and see if that makes a difference, and if none, maybe go to 5 caps, but there is really no need to go higher.

So, in order:
1. Make sure your training is targeted at strength
2. Have one dose of 4 caps first thing

~Rosie~

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I agree that my routine is not that of say a powerlifter as I do more reps. Where I am talking about strength increase is being able to do more reps with the heavier weights. I know that this falls in with endurance but with increased reps at heavier weight comes the strength to lift heavier weight for 1-4 reps. I am just stating what I am thinking about the product so far and in no way have I made up my mind about it yet. I still have a ways to go before I complete this bottle and I know it is still early in the run so things could begin to get interesting. I was wondering about dosage because with past test boosters it seemed like they were under dosed for me and had to run them at higher doses to get results. I'm just curious if it is really not recomended to do so. Another question about jumping up the dosage is would that cause the intestinal problems to come back because once again the body has to adjust? I plan on sticking to the 4 caps per day throughout this run but like I said before, just thinking out loud. Can't find answers if you don't ask or look right? Almost forgot but I appreciate your input and thanks!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the problem with most, not all, people who take test boosters is that they think its the next best thing next to a PH....and in reality its not. sure u may see some strength gain and maybe some size, but for best results, users should take for around 6- 8 weeks.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha ha! I don't think my expectations are that of a PH! I am unable to compare to that because I have never run a cycle of a PH. I am only comparing to other test boosters I have used. As I said before though, I was doing high doses of the others. This was due to recommendations of company reps though. I still believe that Free Test is working and that there is time to notice more effects. Please don't think I am knocking the product because I am not. If that's how it came across, I apologize! I am only trying to run an honest, straight forward log and maybe voice some thoughts of mine (even if they might be a little of base! Lol!) so that everyone can know where I am at.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I agree that my routine is not that of say a powerlifter as I do more reps. Where I am talking about strength increase is being able to do more reps with the heavier weights. I know that this falls in with endurance but with increased reps at heavier weight comes the strength to lift heavier weight for 1-4 reps. I am just stating what I am thinking about the product so far and in no way have I made up my mind about it yet. I still have a ways to go before I complete this bottle and I know it is still early in the run so things could begin to get interesting. I was wondering about dosage because with past test boosters it seemed like they were under dosed for me and had to run them at higher doses to get results. I'm just curious if it is really not recomended to do so. Another question about jumping up the dosage is would that cause the intestinal problems to come back because once again the body has to adjust? I plan on sticking to the 4 caps per day throughout this run but like I said before, just thinking out loud. Can't find answers if you don't ask or look right? Almost forgot but I appreciate your input and thanks!
I see - you have an interesting definition of "increasing strength", but, each to their own, and if that is what you are looking for, then so be it. Just be aware that being able to do more endurance reps with the same weight does not translate to you being able to use a heavier weight for lower reps.

It depends on the product, and at the end of the day, most products give a generic dosing recommendation. Applied Nutriceuticals is one of few companies that actually has a dosing protocol based on body mass. FREE TEST though, is one of their few products with the same dosing recommended for all - I used 4 caps a day, the same as guys 2-3 times my size. As far as dosage, it is recommended thus because that is the OPTIMAL dosage for the best effects and results, so going higher or lower is not always the best thing.

You shouldn't have intestinal issues once stopping the product if you increase the dosage by a cap. Then again, everyone responds to everything differently, so I cannot guarantee this - Dirk may comment here.

No worries :) Just want to see you make the MOST of FREE TEST.

~Rosie~

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see - you have an interesting definition of "increasing strength", but, each to their own, and if that is what you are looking for, then so be it. Just be aware that being able to do more endurance reps with the same weight does not translate to you being able to use a heavier weight for lower reps.

~Rosie~
Well for me, yes it does. Maybe there is a bit of a mental barrier going on but if I can only get say 275 for 3 reps and I focus on getting that up to five reps then my 1 rep max increases too. Thus my strength has increased.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh, i cant speak for rosie here, but i was under the impression that you were talking about high reps as in 12 - 20, not 5

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh, i cant speak for rosie here, but i was under the impression that you were talking about high reps as in 12 - 20, not 5
I can see how easily it could be taken that way! I don't always word things just right! Lol! It sounds good in my head!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha gotcha. well, IMO, the way you meant it sounds right. if u increase your 5 rep, then your 1 rep will increase because both are dealing with heavy weights for YOU. i think rosie also thought u meant high weight as in 15 rep area. in that case, rosie would be right lol

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 17 June 18

Pullbacks & pull downs(behind head)
70 lbs:10
75 lbs:10
80 lbs:5
90 lbs:5*
110 lbs:5*
No break between the 2 lifts.

Push downs
70 lbs:10
70 lbs: 5
75 lbs: 5
80 lbs: 5*

Seated tricep press
45 lbs: 10
65 lbs: 10
85 lbs: 5
95 lbs: 5*

DB Rows
50 lbs:10
60 lbs: 10
70 lbs: 10
80 lbs: 10*

Wrist curls
40 lbs: 10
50 lbs: 10
70 lbs: 10

DB flies
40 lbs: 10
50 lbs: 10
80 lbs: 10*

* this is the heaviest I have ever used!

So I changed it up to less reps with heavier weight. (I can take advice! Lol!) I have to say that I felt really good tonight and feel as though I should have even gone a little heavier on my last sets. With my numbers being consistant I think next time I will start my warm up reps heavier and increase weight from there. I like moving more weight but it feels like cheating only doing 5-10 reps! Lol! Like my preacher says when in the gym, "A good athlete will adjust!" So, let's see where this takes me!! Sometimes we all just need another perspective to get us to see things more clearly!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a friend bring up an interesting theory about my run on FreeTest. He asked how often I was having sex. At least once a day I said. He thought that maybe I was having a "test dump". He then went on to explain that this is the reason coaches tell athletes not to have sex before competitions so their test levels are higher. Like I said - interesting. Anybody else have any thoughts on this? I'm thinking that it probably doesn't have much effect but I could be wrong.