DaveGabe puts AT2/Erase to the test!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys....

Time to keep the progress going! Just finished my last log, and natty was nice enough to send me a bottle of AT2/Erase after I had explained my situation and interest in the product.

I am training to do another meet (PL) at either 181 or 198, depending on how my weight fluctuates over the next 6 months during training. For now my goal is to lean out as much as possible to get my power to weight ratio up.

Routine:
Monday - Bench work
Tues - Dead / Back work
Thurs - Military press
Fri - Squats / Quad work

I tend to do heavier work with the compounds, and then work in some higher volume with the isolation and accessory work. Using chains, bands, etc. throughout where needed.

I use the lean gains guide for IF dieting and it's been going great. My feeding phase is from 1pm-9pm, and it's high pro/fat on off days, and high pro/carb on workout days.

I started on Sunday, and took a few pictures as well...really looking forward to dropping fat and hitting PR's, let's do it!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like I said, you're going to :love: this stack. And great lifestyle nutritional method to follow as well for it. All the best!

~Rosie~

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like I said, you're going to :love: this stack. And great lifestyle nutritional method to follow as well for it. All the best!

~Rosie~
I know, you keep getting me more and more excited Miss Rosie!

It might be insane, but I did 3 caps for 2 days and I already felt a little joint issue in my left knee...so I'm down to 2 caps which I assumed I'd be doing anyway. I have had a major reconstruction on my knee, so anything that can potentially give joint issues I tend to dose on the light side.

I looked tight and lean today...very very happy.

Tuesday - May 31st, 2011

Pulls
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
385 x 3
385 x 3
385 x 3
315 x 10

DB Rows
85 x 15
85 x 10
85 x 10

Calves
x 10, x 10, x 10

Awesome workout, speed is back on my pulls. Looking more vascular and leaner than ever. Diet is really on point, and from the looks of it...in 4 weeks I'm going to be on my way to bigger and stronger than ever.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know, you keep getting me more and more excited Miss Rosie!

It might be insane, but I did 3 caps for 2 days and I already felt a little joint issue in my left knee...so I'm down to 2 caps which I assumed I'd be doing anyway. I have had a major reconstruction on my knee, so anything that can potentially give joint issues I tend to dose on the light side.
Good to see you getting excited! :banana:

You did the right thing - if you have an effects re joints, drop Erase dosage by a cap. Knee reconstruction surgery can also cause pain not related to Erase at all, and the pain you feel will probably never ever really go away.

~Rosie~

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks good man. I'm subbing to see some results.

Your program looks great, but you might make better progress if you switch Fridays session to Saturday if your schedule allows it. When I did a program similar to yours I noticed I made better improvents when I switched. It seemed having 3 fresh days in the gym instead of 2 made recovery easier for me.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to see you getting excited! :banana:

You did the right thing - if you have an effects re joints, drop Erase dosage by a cap. Knee reconstruction surgery can also cause pain not related to Erase at all, and the pain you feel will probably never ever really go away.

~Rosie~
Oh yah, I'm all too familiar. The first surgery was 5 hours, and then the scope was 45 minutes for all the scar tissue. They actually used an achilles cadaveur to replace my ACL because it was past the point of repair. They also had to put in two screws to reattach my tendons onto my fibula. I still have numbness because I blew out my lateral nerve complex, it's pretty wild lol Pretty extensive stuff, but all so fascinating to me since I was biology, and I'm starting a career in the medical field soon.

Funny enough, the knee pain was in my good knee (left) that's how I knew 2 caps would be plenty.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks good man. I'm subbing to see some results.

Your program looks great, but you might make better progress if you switch Fridays session to Saturday if your schedule allows it. When I did a program similar to yours I noticed I made better improvents when I switched. It seemed having 3 fresh days in the gym instead of 2 made recovery easier for me.
Yeah, that's not a bad idea at all...I did 5/3/1 before my last PL meet and that's the layout I followed.

The difference is either 2 days rest before squats, or 2 days before deadlifts. That's how I look at it, because the rest of the work is really upper.

I'll definitely give it some thought, and it's something I've contemplated in the past already.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, that's not a bad idea at all...I did 5/3/1 before my last PL meet and that's the layout I followed.

The difference is either 2 days rest before squats, or 2 days before deadlifts. That's how I look at it, because the rest of the work is really upper.

I'll definitely give it some thought, and it's something I've contemplated in the past already.
Nice. I like doing it because it also passively keeps me from going out Friday night. I dont know how old you are, but being in your younger 20s, it's very difficult to go out and NOT drink or do stupid stuff. Having a training session the next day sort of keeps my head on straight.

Sik

Sik

Awards
I will be following this closely.

You eat in a way similar to me, training the compounds as i train, using similar products!

Would like to see how it goes.

cheers

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice. I like doing it because it also passively keeps me from going out Friday night. I dont know how old you are, but being in your younger 20s, it's very difficult to go out and NOT drink or do stupid stuff. Having a training session the next day sort of keeps my head on straight.
Yeah I could definitely see that, and I'm 22 myself...but to be honest I'm a pretty low-key guy. I don't drink too much to be honest, call me boring or whatever, but I'm pretty focused right now on landing a solid job and setting my self up for success. The fun can come in a few years when I'm making bank and taking vacations :p

I will be following this closely.

You eat in a way similar to me, training the compounds as i train, using similar products!

Would like to see how it goes.

cheers
Awesome man, glad to have ya. Please ask any questions you may have! I'm always up for bouncin thoughts back and forth with people.

I'll be alternating speed work in with bands and chains every other week, just to avoid overtraining.

Subbed for sure

Bout time lol

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday - June 2nd, 2011

Military Press
95 x 10
135 x 5
155 x 3
175 x 3
185 x 3
155 x 3
135 x 10

DB Press
55 x 6
45 x 8
35 x 12

Side/Front Raises

Another solid workout, looking vascular, lean....VERY Happy

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I could definitely see that, and I'm 22 myself...but to be honest I'm a pretty low-key guy. I don't drink too much to be honest, call me boring or whatever, but I'm pretty focused right now on landing a solid job and setting my self up for success. The fun can come in a few years when I'm making bank and taking vacations :p
Thats great man, sounds like you have your head on your shoulders!

I dont drink too much either, but i still enjoy being social and going out. Its just the fields of people who see me without a drink that are like "HEY MAN TAKE A BEER YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE!". Its easy to deny them, but eventually it gets to you if you DO go out.

Your workouts look solid, ill be following to see how everything goes. Goodluck bro!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats great man, sounds like you have your head on your shoulders!

I dont drink too much either, but i still enjoy being social and going out. Its just the fields of people who see me without a drink that are like "HEY MAN TAKE A BEER YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE!". Its easy to deny them, but eventually it gets to you if you DO go out.

Your workouts look solid, ill be following to see how everything goes. Goodluck bro!
Yeah I hear ya man! I actually have been thinking to myself I need to get out a little more to be honest. I'm definitely focused and ambitious, and have a few things in the works (Pharma sales rep and clinical research positions)....but you're only in your low 20's once right? :p

So I might hit Atlantic City next week with some of my college graduation money I got. Usually when I go out, I have a few drinks, get comfortable and just have fun while my friends get blasted.

Today felt great, 185 x 3 on Military is like 2 reps less than when I was in my 220's. That's close to a BW overhead press for 3 reps, which I'm content with.

Tomorrow or Saturday is squats, you got me thinking :D

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Friday June 3rd - 2011

Box Squat
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
325 x 3
315 x 3
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Leg Ext.

Calves

Done. Going to keep hitting these hard to build my squats back up.

Looking leannnn ;)

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friday June 3rd - 2011

Box Squat
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
325 x 3
315 x 3
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Leg Ext.

Calves

Done. Going to keep hitting these hard to build my squats back up.

Looking leannnn ;)
DEFINITELY need to bring those squats up if you plan to win the PL meet.

Everything else looks cool, though.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats a lot of sets on squats...damn

Is that the leg routine you do weekly?
It really isn't that many sets. I dont even count sets until im around 85% of 1RM. After that I usually bang out 5 or so sets up to 95~% 1RM.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It really isn't that many sets. I dont even count sets until im around 85% of 1RM. After that I usually bang out 5 or so sets up to 95~% 1RM.
% of 1RM has nothing to do with it :(

It's speed work and depth practice.

Not sure if you were serious about increasing my squat? I already have the state record for juniors 220's, hit 475 @ 220.

And my squats in the 4's now @ 190....not sure what more you want from a 22 year old lol

Are you familiar with non-pro PL'ing? (srs)

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good point...at glance I was like DAMN
Yeah.

Why do you finish with so many sets of 225 Dave? I would think that being so much lower than your 1RM would be just generally fatiguing slow twitch fibers, which wouldn't contribute much to overall strength while comprising recovery.

I would think working up to 1-3 RM, then sticking at that range until your performance decreases would produce better strength gains.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
475...holy shi*t!

My hat goes off to you. If it aint broke dont fix it
Thanks a lot man. I don't really claim to be a "great" powerlifter but since Im graduated from college, it's my way to still get my competition fix ;)

So I do my best, and only strive to beat my own records to be honest.

My old powerlifting crew was amazing. Tone hit an 800 bench, and Tim set the world record for 242...some amazing lifters.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
% of 1RM has nothing to do with it :(

It's speed work and depth practice.

Not sure if you were serious about increasing my squat? I already have the state record for juniors 220's, hit 475 @ 220.

And my squats in the 4's now @ 190....not sure what more you want from a 22 year old lol

Are you familiar with non-pro PL'ing? (srs)
Didnt see anything mentioned about speedwork, i thought you were just straight doing intensity training. I'm not the most familiar with PL'ing, ill admit.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, 475 is nice at 190 BW. My bro has me workin on mine, hes at 175 bodyweight repping 500. Right now 405 is my sticking point at 185 BW, but im not too serious about PL'ing.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah.

Why do you finish with so many sets of 225 Dave? I would think that being so much lower than your 1RM would be just generally fatiguing slow twitch fibers, which wouldn't contribute much to overall strength while comprising recovery.

I would think working up to 1-3 RM, then sticking at that range until your performance decreases would produce better strength gains.
Yeah admittedly these workouts are a bit out of the norm. To be honest, I've taken such a long hiatus from heavy squatting this is really just to get back into my old positive habits. Sitting back, breaking at the hips first, head back, elbows under, knees out and spreading the floor, etc.

It's also to get my muscles used to firing properly and get my speed back. These #'s will all increase for sure, and remain higher throughout workouts as my body adjusts.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didnt see anything mentioned about speedwork, i thought you were just straight doing intensity training. I'm not the most familiar with PL'ing, ill admit.
No problem at all, I'll start being a bit more descriptive when I post my workouts and explain the intentions of each. Give some insight and explain the methods to my madness...or at least attempt to.

Your brother sounds like a monster if he's really hitting depth with the 500 for reps lol

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah admittedly these workouts are a bit out of the norm. To be honest, I've taken such a long hiatus from heavy squatting this is really just to get back into my old positive habits. Sitting back, breaking at the hips first, head back, elbows under, knees out and spreading the floor, etc.

It's also to get my muscles used to firing properly and get my speed back. These #'s will all increase for sure, and remain higher throughout workouts as my body adjusts.
Definitely. I mean, you were doing dynamic effort training it seems, so those numbers are still nothing to scoff at. Do you incorporate max effort into your current squat routine?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No problem at all, I'll start being a bit more descriptive when I post my workouts and explain the intentions of each. Give some insight and explain the methods to my madness...or at least attempt to.

Your brother sounds like a monster if he's really hitting depth with the 500 for reps lol
Yeah, he always kicks my ass in that stuff. He leaves a stain on the ground when he squats too, i couldn't believe it when i first saw it. Hes a PICP coach though, and it seems like all of them are strong as hell.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appreciate it man. Im smaller now though, a little biatch :(
You'll be back to your old self in no time, keep it up bro, ill be following!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You'll be back to your old self in no time, keep it up bro, ill be following!
Haha well I know what you mean, but I don't wanna be back to my old self. I was 230 and just a big guy. I wanna start working on staying much leaner year round and just be overall stronger for my weight.

If you think that's a lot, you should see what I have some of my clients doing :laugh:
Yeah, it's just deceiving how I list it, smoke and mirrors :D

Here's one of my meals for the day:

Grilled chicken, fresh mozz, cooked peppers and onions and some balsamic vinegar.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im jealous...
Yo, my answer to the PM is YES :D ;)

Monday, June 6th 2011

Bench
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 1
275 x 5
225 x 5

Floor Press
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 4
245 x 5
225 x 5

HS Dips
180 x 20
180 x 12
180 x 10
180 x 10
180 x 10
180 x 8

Done. Felt great, vascularity is awesome...gonna have to take a pic one of these days. Strength is good, still working out some kinks on my bench form. Don't have the same tightness I used to, and leg drive needs some work...but striving for perfect technique is something that never goes away anyway.

Tomorrow is pulls.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday, June 7th 2011

Pulls
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
315 x 5

GMs
135 x 10
135 x 10

Calves

Pullups
BW x 10
BW x 5
Bw x 5

TBar Rows

Curls/Abs

Pulls just felt off today. I think the box squats hit my hams a bit too much, and just didn't have the energy for today. So I stopped early because I don't wanna over train. Did some good back work, and called it a day. Going to focus on hitting my protein macros more consistently.

Other than that, still feeling great about how things are going.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 9th, 2011

Millies
95 x 10
135 x 8
155 x 8
175 x 4
145 x 6
145 x 6
145 x 6
145 x 6

Seated DB Shoulder Press
35 x 20
35 x 15

DB Bench
55 x 20
55 x 15

Rolling DB
35 x 20
35 x 15

Looking leaner and more vascular, every workout is fun ... life is good :D

Natty, lemme know what you wanna do with adding the other product you mentioned. I'll start it now if you'd like. Really kick things into overdrive imo.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Friday June 10th, 2011

Squats [close-stance]
225 x 10
275 x 5
315 x 5
315 x 5
315 x 5
225 x 6

Hacks [close-stance]
90 x 10
180 x 10
180 x 10

Calves/Abs/Bis

Just hit my quads mainly, to give my hamstrings a little bit of rest before I go back and start pulling heavy again next week.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday - June 13th, 2011

Bench [medium-grip]
225 x 5
275 x 3
275 x 5
275 x 4
275 x 3

Close-grip
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

DB Bench [25 deg incline]
65 x 15
70 x 10
65 x 8

Dips
BW x 15
BW x 10
BW x 8

Another solid workout. Here's a pick of my post-workout meal:

Might drop my calories even more [carbs], to lean out even further. I've been looking extremely lean, but I feel like I've slowed down a bit, which is expected as you get to lower BF %.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you say medium grip, what fingers do you have on the lines?
My pinky is about 2 inches in from the ring. Another way to look at it, is if my straighten my thumbs out they're about 1.5 inches from the smooth.

Regular grip, as a raw bencher, I'm ring finger on the ring. Close-grip is usually thumb touching the smooth.

I like to mix grips a little bit, to add a little variety to my bench and prevent monotony and stalling. Hitting regular grip bench week after week makes progress a lot harder. Which is also why you'll see different amounts of volume, and varying heavy/light weights.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday - June 14th, 2011

Pulls
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 3
385 x 3
405 x 5
405 x 3
405 x 2
315 x 5

Pullups
BW x 10
BW x 5
BW x 5

HS Rows

Curls/Calves/Abs

15mins walking before/after.

Really happy with my pulls, I think giving my hams a rest last week really helped. Felt strong, and have some nice speed. This was a great lift overall, got in a nice zone, felt strong, looking good, and really got me excited for pushing the envelope the next few weeks.

Dropping carbs more, gonna try to just hit pro/fat, with like 100g carbs on the 4 lifting days.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Friday - June 17th, 2011

Incline BB
135 x 10
165 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 3

Flat DB
60 x 12
75 x 10
90 x 10
110 x 4

Tri accessory work

Saturday - June 18th, 2011

Box Squats
225 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Leg Press
90 x 20
180 x 20
180 x 20

Calves/Abs

Feelin good, still not lean enough to show any significant striations in my legs...but maybe because I'm Italian and hairy :(

Overall, leaning out nicely and strength is awesome. Going to drop carbs even more, most likely to at little as possible, and then on Deadlift/Squat days do some moderate refeeds. This should help me drop into the lower BF levels.

Looking forward to starting AnaBeta ;)

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday - June 20th, 2011

Bench
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 1
295 x 3
275 x 5

Floor Press + Chains
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 5
185 x 7

Flies x 15

Dips
BW x 15
BW x 10

Tri burnout.

Feeling strong, looking good...starting 0 carbs except on the two moderate refeeds. I think this will be key to helping me lean out even further than I already have.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday June 21 2011

Speed Pulls
135 x 5
225 x 5

+Light short bands
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3
225 x 3

Hypers - doubled minis

Pullups
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 8

DB Rows
70 x 20
70 x 20

Curls/Calves/Abs

Another great workout. Speed pulls felt good, forms coming along nicely. Sad news is...went to play some basketball and during the pick up game I pulled the sh1t outta my quad. Stretched, iced it, and now I wrapped it...I think I may do some light cardio, some pressing Thursday, and just recovery work Friday. Next week fully deload to let it recovery...and then back at it on the following Monday. A deload is probably a good idea at this point anyway. Other than that, I seem to be heading towards leaning out further now that I've started carb cycling. I still need to work some of the kinks out and decide exactly how I want to set it up.