Anabolic Innovations SWOLE STACK starts Friday the 13th!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Going to start my Swole Stack tomorrow and will loosely log it. I say loosely because I dont see a benefit of posting everyday so I will update 1x a week.

Goal - clean bulk. Will be eating at most 500 over maintenance.*edit - calling this more a recomp than a bulk*

Regiment:

TestoPro - 2-AM / 2-PM
Stoked - 2-AM / 2-PM
Glycobol - 2 before lunch, 2 before dinner
HGHPRO - 4-PM

other supps being taken:
BSN N.O. Explode Pre-Workout
BSN CellMass 1 scoop/day
*edit - scrapped the animal pak and flex for CL Orange Triad!*
Additional Fish Oil

Wow after typing that it now seems excessive to me.

Training is a 5 day split

Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - Chest
Thursday - OFF/Cardio
Friday - Arms
Saturday - Shoulders/Cardio
Sunday - OFF/Cardio

Abs get done sporadically, usually Tues/Thurs

Still waiting for my tape and calipers so will post BF% when it shows up. Going to take pictures too, not sure if I'll post those.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Ok 1st update since its the first time I think I am seeing the effects of this stack.

Today was chest day, and normally I dont like chest day - not sure why but of all days its my least favorite. Maybe because Im a weakling still and the numbers just make me cry.

Incline BB Press
Flat BB Press
Decline BB Press
Incline DB Fly
Flat DB Fly
Decline DB Fly
Overhead Pullovers (not sure proper name for this, perendicular to the bench with just shoulders/head on the bench pulling plate/DB (I use a plate) over head)

Like I said usually hate Chest day but it was a great workout today. Did all my sets of everything strong! I think I will be able to up the weight next week.

Recovery time is way better! Usually the 2nd day after a workout that muscle group is sore as hell so normally today my legs would be killing me but they in fact are LESS sore than yesterday which is not the norm, I feel like I can squat again tomorrow. Probably shouldnt but really tempted to.

Sleep is awesome... I normally dont sleep well but since I started this its been great which may be part of the reason my recovery is much better.

All in all, lovin the swole stack.

The scale is the devil, since I did a 5 week cut and lost 8lbs right before I started this and all 8lbs are back.. yep.. all 8. But my new pants still fit and the GF says I look leaner than I ever have. I took pics and sure enough, side by side comparison says looking better!

Cant wait till Monday (I freaking love Squats... favorite exercise EVER!)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok 1st update since its the first time I think I am seeing the effects of this stack.

Today was chest day, and normally I dont like chest day - not sure why but of all days its my least favorite. Maybe because Im a weakling still and the numbers just make me cry.

Incline BB Press
Flat BB Press
Decline BB Press
Incline DB Fly
Flat DB Fly
Decline DB Fly
Overhead Pullovers (not sure proper name for this, perendicular to the bench with just shoulders/head on the bench pulling plate/DB (I use a plate) over head)

Like I said usually hate Chest day but it was a great workout today. Did all my sets of everything strong! I think I will be able to up the weight next week.

Recovery time is way better! Usually the 2nd day after a workout that muscle group is sore as hell so normally today my legs would be killing me but they in fact are LESS sore than yesterday which is not the norm, I feel like I can squat again tomorrow. Probably shouldnt but really tempted to.

Sleep is awesome... I normally dont sleep well but since I started this its been great which may be part of the reason my recovery is much better.

All in all, lovin the swole stack.

The scale is the devil, since I did a 5 week cut and lost 8lbs right before I started this and all 8lbs are back.. yep.. all 8. But my new pants still fit and the GF says I look leaner than I ever have. I took pics and sure enough, side by side comparison says looking better!

Cant wait till Monday (I freaking love Squats... favorite exercise EVER!)

Sweet update/results this early on. I'll rally up the troops!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is your split broken up that way becase of work schedule? Cause i'd have to think that legs/back/chest all 3 days in a row would be a bit rough by chest day.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is your split broken up that way becase of work schedule? Cause i'd have to think that legs/back/chest all 3 days in a row would be a bit rough by chest day.
I have to do this sometimes as well. It's definitely due to schedule and not because I prefer it :frustrate.

EDIT: I misread that post...that's not how I do it :lol:

I know others that do though.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
nah just the 5 day split I started using not too long ago. So far I have no complaints and like it. After 8 weeks I might try something new. I guess work is a factor since I workout in the evenings and could not afford a longer workout. Currently about 1hour or a little more ed. Still a newbie so suggestions ARE welcome!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, personally i'd switch where you have legs + arms. Since with deadlifts you are hitting legs some, doing it the day after squats, etc leaves you with less leg stregth. But if you've been making progress then just keep on as is :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you've been on reduced calories and up them you are going to see some nice gains from your food intake alone, on top of that the Swole stack puts the icing on the cake.

In to see you win

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
thanks all...I have serious dedication and motivation.

I was thinking about changing up my split so I am not dead/squating back to back. My thought process is such that arms are the least valued day as they see action every day.

So I was thinking the new split:

Mon- chest
Tues- back
Wed- arms
Thur- off
Fri- legs
Sat-shoulders
Sun-off

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Subbed!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks all...I have serious dedication and motivation.

I was thinking about changing up my split so I am not dead/squating back to back. My thought process is such that arms are the least valued day as they see action every day.

So I was thinking the new split:

Mon- chest
Tues- back
Wed- arms
Thur- off
Fri- legs
Sat-shoulders
Sun-off
Give it hell bro.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Quick update via blackberry so keeping it short.

Started 1 week ago today.

Killed it today. Feeling Swole!

Added 15lbs to my bb skullcrushers!!!
Hit every rep of every set on db curls! Weight goes up next week there!
Hit every rep of every set on tri extensions! Weight goes up next week!

Overall loving it!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like you had a decent workout. Sorry if I missed it, but it's late and I just got home from some OT...what do you mean in your sig by, "+ HGHPro (loosely)"?

Are you not using it every night? If so, how are you using it?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
just meant I was loosely logging the stack, using ALL items as per protocol. I wasnt sure I would be big on logging it. That changed so not loosely anymore.. still wont be everyday though.

minor changes - dropped animal flex/pak - added CL Orange Triad

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Overall loving it!
Very nice bro.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think some of your supp intake is a bit much, esp since your a "newb" as you say. Keep the swole stack, drop the nitrix. Replace you xplode/cell mass with maniac or caffiene and some bulk creatine mono. I cant comment on the fat burners, except i dont understand why they are in your bulking stack, id personally save them for cutting again, and save money. Diet will be your key to everything. Best of luck, and your doing good so far

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Thanks... more a recomp than bulk. The NOExplode/Cellmass is already on the shelf and its being replaced with exactly as you suggested when its empty.

The fat burners are almost empty also, just runover from the previous cut, only bout a weeks worth left figured I would just finish the bottle instead of having just under 2 weeks worth left.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Overall loving it!
15 lbs is a ton to add in one workout to another, unless your starting back and muscle memory is kicking in? I strongly recommend you use tip top form and dpay close attention to form and feel over moving the weight from a to b. That is possibly one of the reasons I screwed up my elbow, which i had to take a full 14 months off from training upper body!

I was moving very heavy weights on tricep extensions, and all tricep and bicep exercises for years without paying attention to meticulous form

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
15 lbs is a ton to add in one workout to another, unless your starting back and muscle memory is kicking in? I strongly recommend you use tip top form and dpay close attention to form and feel over moving the weight from a to b. That is possibly one of the reasons I screwed up my elbow, which i had to take a full 14 months off from training upper body!

I was moving very heavy weights on tricep extensions, and all tricep and bicep exercises for years without paying attention to meticulous form
Im definitly concious of my form and tempo, I think its more from my pre-existing elbow issues not bothering me since I started Orange Triad... but since I started taking that when I went to do my sk's my elbows felt fine so I am probably at the weight I should have been if i didnt have discomfort in my elbows... trust me - I damaged both my elbows when I first attempted weight training about 2 years ago and I was out of commision until just recently. I was only 6 weeks in when I hurt them before.

I am going to start posting my numbers next week, exercises, sets, reps etc.. to show progress (or lack of). You'll laugh when you see how low they are!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im definitly concious of my form and tempo, I think its more from my pre-existing elbow issues not bothering me since I started Orange Triad... but since I started taking that when I went to do my sk's my elbows felt fine so I am probably at the weight I should have been if i didnt have discomfort in my elbows... trust me - I damaged both my elbows when I first attempted weight training about 2 years ago and I was out of commision until just recently. I was only 6 weeks in when I hurt them before.

I am going to start posting my numbers next week, exercises, sets, reps etc.. to show progress (or lack of). You'll laugh when you see how low they are!
No I wont bro. I do low weights for my size on stuff like tri extensions and save them for last so i can use less weight on purpose. I learned the hard way by using too heavy weight

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
In! Hope this stack treats you as well as it always treats me...

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Quick business trip to Kansas City, MO.... tornado's destroyed the town a couple miles from here and killed some people... crazy stuff..

today was leg day but the 'fitness center' only has machines so did leg presses, leg raises, and calf extension/raises.

On a lighter note - who just won a facebook promo for some RecoverPro? THIS GUY!!! Soooo STOKED that I won some RecoverPro... going to be adding that in here!

AI sports is the bomb!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick business trip to Kansas City, MO.... tornado's destroyed the town a couple miles from here and killed some people... crazy stuff..

today was leg day but the 'fitness center' only has machines so did leg presses, leg raises, and calf extension/raises.

On a lighter note - who just won a facebook promo for some RecoverPro? THIS GUY!!! Soooo STOKED that I won some RecoverPro... going to be adding that in here!

AI sports is the bomb!
Congrats on the recoverpro you are going to love it!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
congrats on the win, should be a nice addition to your stack!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

AI sports is the bomb!
Nice bro!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed didn't see this one, I have run the super swole many times and it just gets better...

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
alright back from KC... time to start posting numbers - and Ill start with today which is my worst numbers... I guess I have no chest muscles - yet.

Incline BB Press
10x95
10x105
10x110
7x115

Flat BB Press
10x95
10x105
10x110
9x115

DB Fly (switch sets/weeks incline/flat/decline)
10x17.5
10x17.5
10x17.5
10x20

Pullovers
10x45
10x45
10x45
10x45

Felt good today....

It could be all in my head but I am starting to get some definition. just noticing lines that werent there, especially in my shoulders upper arms. I need to refresh my anatomy but my delts are showing which is new and whatever muscle is behind my traps on my upper back (maybe part of the trap, I dunno) but its showing itself too... flexed I can see my upper abs - yeah I have a 2 pack!!!! hahaha.. 4 more to go. also flexed my quads jut out noticeably.. nothing impressive but noticable!

very cool stuff and very motivating.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout man! Glad to see things are well with stack so far...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright back from KC... time to start posting numbers - and Ill start with today which is my worst numbers... I guess I have no chest muscles - yet.

Incline BB Press
10x95
10x105
10x110
7x115

Flat BB Press
10x95
10x105
10x110
9x115

DB Fly (switch sets/weeks incline/flat/decline)
10x17.5
10x17.5
10x17.5
10x20

Pullovers
10x45
10x45
10x45
10x45

Felt good today....

It could be all in my head but I am starting to get some definition. just noticing lines that werent there, especially in my shoulders upper arms. I need to refresh my anatomy but my delts are showing which is new and whatever muscle is behind my traps on my upper back (maybe part of the trap, I dunno) but its showing itself too... flexed I can see my upper abs - yeah I have a 2 pack!!!! hahaha.. 4 more to go. also flexed my quads jut out noticeably.. nothing impressive but noticable!

very cool stuff and very motivating.
Very nice workout bro.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
missed Tuesday back day due to traveling so did it today (normally an off day).

Bloody Shin Day!

Deadlift
5x225
5x245
3x265
1x275

BB Row
10x125
10x130
10x135
8x145

Wide Grip Pullups

DB Rows
10x50
10x50
10x50
10x50

Rev Fly
10x10
10x12.5
10x15
6x17.5

felt a little off today... when I got back to my condo I saw my Swole Stack AM dose still sitting on the counter - DOH!

overall Im still motivated - DB Rows were at 45lbs last week and still knocked out all 4 sets of 10 reps at 50lbs this week so I will try more weight next week.

finally feel comfortable with the bent over BB rows... took me a while to get the form right on that.. sounds dumb but eh... got it now.

I desperately need to work on my grip strength, I know I could do better on the DL's but my grip gives out quick... guess I need those hand squeeze devices. straps dont seem to help much.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Do you use an over/undergrip? Or are you just deadlifting with a standard grip?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
finally feel comfortable with the bent over BB rows... took me a while to get the form right on that.. sounds dumb but eh... got it now.
That doesn't sound dumb at all. I hate when I see people using improper form so they can push around heavier weights. I say "Good for you."

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
That doesn't sound dumb at all. I hate when I see people using improper form so they can push around heavier weights. I say "Good for you."
thanks.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agreed 100 percent. Ive done youtube videos on this

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Alright Arms day... least valuable day IMHO but had a great workout!

Today is officially the 2 week mark since I started the Swole Stack.

Observations:

Vasularity - veins popping out everywhere
Sleep - best Ive ever had... not kidding.
Strength is climbing, newb gains I am sure but I dont care what you call it... feels GOOD!
Recovery - DOMS goes away MUCH quicker.. I love DOMS but its nice it subsides faster now.

I may post pictures at the end, but NOTICABLE difference in pictures I snap a pic every 2 weeks, and I cant believe the results I am seeing. F the scale... no really. F the scale.. I weigh more but look better. Love handles almost completely gone (major goal for me).

Since no numbers from last week in the ( ) I will post last weeks max to compare.

BB Curl (65lbs) - got too excited and should have only added 5 not 10lbs...lesson learned
10x65
10x75
7x75
9x70

SkullCrushers (80lbs)
10x70
10x75
10x80
7x80

DBCurls (25lbs)
10x30
10x30
7x30
10x25

Overhead Tricep Ext (40lbs)
10x45
10x45
10x45
8x45

Reverse BB Curl (60lbs)
10x65
8x65
7x65
5x65

Tricep Kickbacks (17.5)
10x20
10x20
10x20
10x20

was like a caged animal today... pacing with an eye on the clock between sets... ready to attack the next set.

New Piece of equipment... no more plates on the floor!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Shoulder Day!

db military press
10x25
10x25
10x25
10x25

BB Shoulder Shrugs
15x135
15x135
15x135
15x135

BB military press
10x70
10x70
9x70
7x70

Lat DB Raises
10x12.5
10x12.5
10x12.5
10x12.5

Front DB raises
10x12.5
10x12.5
7x12.5
7x12.5

Upright BB Rows (1st time doing these)
8x65
8x65
8x65
6x65

So looks like next week I add weight to:
DB military presses
BB shoulder Shrugs
Lat DB Raises

Feeling strong.. yes low numbers but remember Im just starting and adding weight every or every other week.

SWOLE STACK Impressions:

I cant stress enough how great the RECOVERY has been since starting this stack. This alone makes it worth it. It's hard to gauge strength gains and such on it since I am new and its likely 'newb gains'. But regardless, I am happy with the stack and making progress every week which is all I can ask for. Sleep is amazing.

So more background on me: prior to starting to eating right and working out I was a sedentary pothead... yep. I sit at a desk all day at work and would sit on a chair and play video games and smoke weed every night. Pizza or chinese food or fast food and an 18 pack every night for like 8 years. No joke... I was 'skinny fat' which is obvious based on the low amount of weight I can lift. I went through a bowflex phase and lost 52lbs and decided I want to put some weight back on... the right way!

Fast forward and I eat right, train hard... dont drink (every so often I will have a couple of beers with the boys). And I have never been in better shape in my life - and Im just starting!!!!

Current short term goal is to take off my shirt in the keys in September and actually look good. I think I am on track to make that goal.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice workouts man! Glad to see your making a positive change in your life and keep up the good work!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulder Day!

db military press
10x25
10x25
10x25
10x25

BB Shoulder Shrugs
15x135
15x135
15x135
15x135

BB military press
10x70
10x70
9x70
7x70

Lat DB Raises
10x12.5
10x12.5
10x12.5
10x12.5

Front DB raises
10x12.5
10x12.5
7x12.5
7x12.5

Upright BB Rows (1st time doing these)
8x65
8x65
8x65
6x65

So looks like next week I add weight to:
DB military presses
BB shoulder Shrugs
Lat DB Raises

Feeling strong.. yes low numbers but remember Im just starting and adding weight every or every other week.

SWOLE STACK Impressions:

I cant stress enough how great the RECOVERY has been since starting this stack. This alone makes it worth it. It's hard to gauge strength gains and such on it since I am new and its likely 'newb gains'. But regardless, I am happy with the stack and making progress every week which is all I can ask for. Sleep is amazing.

So more background on me: prior to starting to eating right and working out I was a sedentary pothead... yep. I sit at a desk all day at work and would sit on a chair and play video games and smoke weed every night. Pizza or chinese food or fast food and an 18 pack every night for like 8 years. No joke... I was 'skinny fat' which is obvious based on the low amount of weight I can lift. I went through a bowflex phase and lost 52lbs and decided I want to put some weight back on... the right way!

Fast forward and I eat right, train hard... dont drink (every so often I will have a couple of beers with the boys). And I have never been in better shape in my life - and Im just starting!!!!

Current short term goal is to take off my shirt in the keys in September and actually look good. I think I am on track to make that goal.
Excellent seems like the stack is working exactly like it should.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good so far....

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
SWOLE!

quick info:

last time doing Squats my 5th set was 185 and I could only rep 2 out.

Yesterday, 5th set at 185 and repped all 5 out!

FEELS GOOD!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All i see is progres...excellent!!

Keep up the great work!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Good and Bad Week... thats what I am calling this week.

So Back and Chest day (yesterday and today) were HORRIBLE...here's why.

BB Row, normally 10 reps, same weight as last week and started failing at 6 reps!?!?!

Incline press, bench press normally 10 reps, same weight as last week and started failing at 8 reps!?!?!

I dont know what to think about that.

On the other end of the spectrum - I repped 185 5 times Squatting when last week I only got 2 reps at 185 - feels good!

I upped my chest fly from 17.5 to 20 and still hit all 10 reps in all 5 sets - feels good!

I am not going to read into this weeks failures unless it happens again next week.

Now for the cool part... was looking in the mirror and was like "something looks different" couldnt put my finger on it... so I got in my usual spot and snapped a pic and put it side by side with my last pic...

what was different is I actually have visible lats!!!! nothing to get excited about, nothing in your face but clearly starting to get a V shape!!! FEELS WICKED GOOD.

So a little happy face and a little sad face this week... I'm not giving up. Onward.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good and Bad Week... thats what I am calling this week.

So Back and Chest day (yesterday and today) were HORRIBLE...here's why.

BB Row, normally 10 reps, same weight as last week and started failing at 6 reps!?!?!

Incline press, bench press normally 10 reps, same weight as last week and started failing at 8 reps!?!?!

I dont know what to think about that.

On the other end of the spectrum - I repped 185 5 times Squatting when last week I only got 2 reps at 185 - feels good!

I upped my chest fly from 17.5 to 20 and still hit all 10 reps in all 5 sets - feels good!

I am not going to read into this weeks failures unless it happens again next week.

Now for the cool part... was looking in the mirror and was like "something looks different" couldnt put my finger on it... so I got in my usual spot and snapped a pic and put it side by side with my last pic...

what was different is I actually have visible lats!!!! nothing to get excited about, nothing in your face but clearly starting to get a V shape!!! FEELS WICKED GOOD.

So a little happy face and a little sad face this week... I'm not giving up. Onward.
sure your not in pct bro :jaw: or not eating enough

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you change up the order in which you did your exercises?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Did you change up the order in which you did your exercises?
nope... based on John's comment I am thinking food? I didnt eat breakfast or lunch on back day(tues), and barely ate yesterday. I didnt think it could have such a big impact so quickly. I am back to stuffing my face again so I am only going to worry if it continues.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nope... based on John's comment I am thinking food? I didnt eat breakfast or lunch on back day(tues), and barely ate yesterday. I didnt think it could have such a big impact so quickly. I am back to stuffing my face again so I am only going to worry if it continues.
Don't read too much into a momentary lapse in power... yah could be diet or a lot of other things. You've got the right idea, only worry if it becomes a trend...