AE and TN team up with Progestin

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Received my bottle of Progestin and Formadrol yesterday. A big thanks to the TN folks.

As some of you know, I am making my return from a lacerated spleen back in march, so my lifting has been very limited. However, this is hopefully going to get me back in a big way.

My split is going to vary a bit, just based on the injury and trying to slowly increase what I am doing. Typically I lift 6 days a week and do fasted cardio every am for about 45 minutes.

Took my first dose upon waking this am, and 2nd dose in about 15 minutes. Only comment was that it is quite a bitter taste.

Forgot to mention....weighed in at 200lbs even this am. Would like to see more of a recomp (diet based of course) as I progress through it.

Time to go for a ride

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IN!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In like Flynn!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the the fun!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for joining guys. I think you will see that the early workouts (starting today) will be a bit lighter as I start to reintroduce heavier weights.

It was funny, I met with my family doc for the first time since the spleen issue, and he asked what I was doing with lifting, and I smiled :bigok: . He just told me to not overdo it too soon. So hopefully as I progress this will give the much needed boost to get back on the right track

now back to the progestin :trink26:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for joining guys. I think you will see that the early workouts (starting today) will be a bit lighter as I start to reintroduce heavier weights.
I hope everything goes well for you with training, that you don't have any issues with anything. Go get 'em!

~Rosie~

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A nice interesting back/bi workout

5 sets underhand chins
5 sets hanging reverse rows
4 sets bb rows

5 sets hammer curls
5 sets seated incline curls

For a first true day out I was pleased with my endurance. I do think that my strength was a little bit of a let down, but I figured that was to be expected.

I am curious to see how this will affect my strength. Tomorrow with chest/tris will be an interesting test

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A nice interesting back/bi workout

5 sets underhand chins
5 sets hanging reverse rows
4 sets bb rows

5 sets hammer curls
5 sets seated incline curls

For a first true day out I was pleased with my endurance. I do think that my strength was a little bit of a let down, but I figured that was to be expected.

I am curious to see how this will affect my strength. Tomorrow with chest/tris will be an interesting test
it's not that big a deal where you start at-it's where you finish....strength will come, just give it time.

btw-subbed!!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it's a decent progestin the strength should come on pretty good.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know im subbed bud!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am really curious how strong a progestin it is. I assume running it for a month is should be relatively strong. That and being sub lingual it should be pretty good regarding delivery.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for jumping in guys.

I would agree, my feeling is that this will kick start me in a quick way, as the delivery seems to offer an exciting way to get it into the body quickly.

As an aside, just finished a 40 minute jog/rapid walk on the highest incline and feel quite energetic. Looking forward to getting back from work today and hitting some chest

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Appreciate Rosie. Thanks for joining in on the fun
No worries :) I'm always around, even if I don't post somewhere ;)

it's not that big a deal where you start at-it's where you finish....strength will come, just give it time.
^^^Exactly!

~Rosie~

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It feels so good to be back

Had a real solid chest/tri workout

8 sets incline bp
5 sets incline flys
5 sets jm press
5 sets 2arm db extensions

I was surprised I was as strong as I was on the incline. Weighing in at 200lbs and I did sets at 205lbs for 8 reps. Felt great

Tomorrow is legs, which is worrisome based on my previous injury. My question is, outside of typical back/front squats, anyone have any ideas that they would recommend for my workout. Bear in mind, I work out at home and have a powerrack/600lbs of free weights and dbs up to 75lbs.

All ideas are welcome

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomorrow is legs, which is worrisome based on my previous injury. My question is, outside of typical back/front squats, anyone have any ideas that they would recommend for my workout. Bear in mind, I work out at home and have a powerrack/600lbs of free weights and dbs up to 75lbs.

All ideas are welcome
If you're asking re legs, then there's plenty of things you could do, including but not limited to:
* Lunges - barbell or dumbbell, forward or back, short stride or long stride, alternating or one leg at a time
* Deadlift variations - barbell or dumbbell, stiff-legged or romanian or single-leg
* Step-Ups (just get a chair or use a step) - barbell or dumbbell or bodyweight
* Plyometric squats - split squats, jump squats
* Other squat variations - using dumbbells instead of barbell, sumo

So many things.

~Rosie~

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you're asking re legs, then there's plenty of things you could do, including but not limited to:
* Lunges - barbell or dumbbell, forward or back, short stride or long stride, alternating or one leg at a time
* Deadlift variations - barbell or dumbbell, stiff-legged or romanian or single-leg
* Step-Ups (just get a chair or use a step) - barbell or dumbbell or bodyweight
* Plyometric squats - split squats, jump squats
* Other squat variations - using dumbbells instead of barbell, sumo

So many things.

~Rosie~
or strap on some ankle weights and find a high rise!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks guys. just a little apprehensive with larger compound movements

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks guys. just a little apprehensive with larger compound movements
No worries :) Just go lighter or take it slow to start off with, to see what your body can handle at the moment and work up.

~Rosie~

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
AE,
I recommend HST for a "back to business" transition. You start off really light and there's a progressive load every session. Because the load increase is so systematic, you'll never get caught off guard by a weight that your body isn't able to handle yet.

Be careful with that spleen situation too. I've heard horror stories even with a little damage to the suspensory tissues that hold it in place.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Will check back later :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AE,
I recommend HST for a "back to business" transition. You start off really light and there's a progressive load every session. Because the load increase is so systematic, you'll never get caught off guard by a weight that your body isn't able to handle yet.

Be careful with that spleen situation too. I've heard horror stories even with a little damage to the suspensory tissues that hold it in place.
thanks for the ideas, I am trying to be as cautious with weight as I can.

also, thanks for the kind words, it is a nice tap dance trying get myself comfortable with being back in action

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would not focus as much on the amount of weight as I would on number of reps. Just kick it with some good high rep stuff and get the endurance going. My knee has limited my squat numbers tremendously so I just bang out a couple of 20 rep sets with 225 and I am good to go. Leg size has not suffered at all either.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would not focus as much on the amount of weight as I would on number of reps. Just kick it with some good high rep stuff and get the endurance going. My knee has limited my squat numbers tremendously so I just bang out a couple of 20 rep sets with 225 and I am good to go. Leg size has not suffered at all either.
good advice!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I followed the advice here, and had a nice return to legs. I will admit that I used a pre w/o as I woke up at 2:30am today for no good reason and couldnt fall back to sleep

Back squats 5 sets (didnt go over 135...high reps)
DB Squats 5 sets
Step ups 5 sets on bench

I was exhausted as I was trying to move quickly between exercises. I know I will be sore tomorrow, and to be honest, I am looking forward to it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff AE, can I recommend you apply the GVT training methodology to your leg work?

Find 60% of your 10 rep ax or in your case estimated 10 rep max and do 10 sets of ten alternating between squats and a hamstring movement. Do them at 4-0-2 tempo to stay nice and slow the volume and cumulative fatigue will cause plenty of growth while keeping you from going heavy because of the slow rep speed. By the way the 4 is the negative portion of the lift.

Here is a link to my log, feel free to post on to yours in mine as well. Lets get these logs in front of as many eyes as possible.

Come one come all and join my new log! I am beta testing Taurus Nutritions new PH, and continuing my log of WYKED. As well as of course discussing my new favorite subject Intermittent Fasting, or more specifically Lean Gains Intermittent Fasting Protocol.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/175317-kleen-takes-bull.html#post2870266

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kleen, I take all recommendations, especially from you. I will look into implementing this on my friday leg days.

I think you got the right idea, and I will be happy to help keep these logs at the top of the views

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Kleen, I take all recommendations, especially from you. I will look into implementing this on my friday leg days.

I think you got the right idea, and I will be happy to help keep these logs at the top of the views
just be careful, i don't want to read about you hurting yourself!!!

small steps........:newangel:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is what I am talking about

I could feel something kick in today. I was energertic, felt strong and my vascularity was quite pronounced. It was a great back bi day

Wide grip chins 5 sets
BB Rows 5 sets* (superset)
DB rows 5 sets* (superset)

BB curls (4 sets)
1arm preacher curls (4 sets)
Concentration curls (3 sets)

Veins are all over my arms, specifically forearms and into my inner left biceps. Moved a lot more weight than expected, which made me feel very good. THis is impressive for being so early in the run with progestin.

cant wait for tomorrow

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I could feel something kick in today. I was energertic, felt strong and my vascularity was quite pronounced. It was a great back bi day

Wide grip chins 5 sets
BB Rows 5 sets* (superset)
DB rows 5 sets* (superset)

BB curls (4 sets)
1arm preacher curls (4 sets)
Concentration curls (3 sets)

Veins are all over my arms, specifically forearms and into my inner left biceps. Moved a lot more weight than expected, which made me feel very good. THis is impressive for being so early in the run with progestin.

cant wait for tomorrow
apparently this stuff kicks in very fast. eric says no conversion is needed, so that would explain it.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kleen is painted red like the devil for good reason. I almost passed out doing GVT squats. That's the last time I puked during a workout too

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kleen is painted red like the devil for good reason. I almost passed out doing GVT squats. That's the last time I puked during a workout too
that is good to know, as now I should expect to puke during my workout :grumpy:

Had a good chest and tri workout, and added in a second session of cardio. The reason was I had all this extra energy which I can only imagine is as a result of the progestin.

7 sets incline bp
5 sets flat bp
5 sets flat flys
4 sets incline flys

5 supersets of jm presses to close grip bench (these were a friggin killer)

The pump is outrageous. Even now, my tris are engorged, it hurts so good. Additionally, I cannot stress how much extra energy I have, nor can there be any other reason outside of the progestin. I was bouncing off the walls

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need some of that energy! I've been dragging lately. I also can never find a good groove for JM presses. They just don't feel right to me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey ae, how about thowing some of that extra energy my way, lol.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a good 4am run today. Wont be able to lift today as I will be tied up in meetings after work and then off to take my daughter to karate. Will be lifting tomorrow

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that is good to know, as now I should expect to puke during my workout :grumpy:

Had a good chest and tri workout, and added in a second session of cardio. The reason was I had all this extra energy which I can only imagine is as a result of the progestin.

7 sets incline bp
5 sets flat bp
5 sets flat flys
4 sets incline flys

5 supersets of jm presses to close grip bench (these were a friggin killer)

The pump is outrageous. Even now, my tris are engorged, it hurts so good. Additionally, I cannot stress how much extra energy I have, nor can there be any other reason outside of the progestin. I was bouncing off the walls
I have noticed some extra pump and energy as well.
Had a good 4am run today. Wont be able to lift today as I will be tied up in meetings after work and then off to take my daughter to karate. Will be lifting tomorrow
Good stuff, gotta take the girls to karate for sure. Mine has been in for a little while. She will be a black belt before she is 10 maybe even 9.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine is 8, and will most likely be a black belt by 10. What that really means, is she will keep kicking the crap out of me any chance she gets

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mine is 8, and will most likely be a black belt by 10. What that really means, is she will keep kicking the crap out of me any chance she gets
That and more importantly she won't get forced into anything by anyone. My daughter is 7 now, she started when she was 5 but then we moved schools and she had to start her belts over.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff, gotta take the girls to karate for sure. Mine has been in for a little while. She will be a black belt before she is 10 maybe even 9.
AWESOME! I always wanted to do martial arts when I was younger, but was never allowed :blink: so I did everything else and was as physical as possible! Great stuff to see you encouraging your children to be active and live the lifestyle - many parents nowadays need to do this :yup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
AWESOME! I always wanted to do martial arts when I was younger, but was never allowed :blink: so I did everything else and was as physical as possible! Great stuff to see you encouraging your children to be active and live the lifestyle - many parents nowadays need to do this :yup:
Yes for sure. I want to get her into gymnastics too for general strength and flexibility but the budget allows for one thing right now and her being able to defend herself comes first then we will do the gymnastics and dance. She is learning a lot of body control already so gymnastics should be great for her as soon as I can get her in. However if I can only do one it will be Martial Arts. Less self image issues come along with it than dance and gymnastics and like I said the self defense part it paramount for me as a father.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed on the self defense part. IT builds a great deal of confidence and her ability to control her body has improved 10 fold.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes for sure. I want to get her into gymnastics too for general strength and flexibility but the budget allows for one thing right now and her being able to defend herself comes first then we will do the gymnastics and dance. She is learning a lot of body control already so gymnastics should be great for her as soon as I can get her in. However if I can only do one it will be Martial Arts. Less self image issues come along with it than dance and gymnastics and like I said the self defense part it paramount for me as a father.
Healthy attitudes and mindsets being sown and learnt - even better! Too many young females (well, females in general) have unhealthy attitudes and approaches to fitness and life and it's refreshing to see you actively encouraging HEALTH ones!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Healthy attitudes and mindsets being sown and learnt - even better! Too many young females (well, females in general) have unhealthy attitudes and approaches to fitness and life and it's refreshing to see you actively encouraging HEALTH ones!
Yes I really try to pay attention to her self image and her knowing her self worth. Not just praising her for being beautiful which she gets all the time from everywhere but for the important things like working hard at something or the fact she is very intelligent. The important things.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I really try to pay attention to her self image and her knowing her self worth. Not just praising her for being beautiful which she gets all the time from everywhere but for the important things like working hard at something or the fact she is very intelligent. The important things.
agreed, as a father I spend a lot of time trying to remind my daughter that her accomplishments and her hard work towards those accomplishments are of the most importance, and that the opinions of others are meaningless