JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1 LeanGains diet/ PP contest!

Thought I'd start a new log for this, going to try the LeanGains and enter the Andromass contest, as long as I think the after pictures are good enough lol. I took before pics today but forgot the news paper so I'll redo them tomorrow. I got enough fat to lose, gained quite a bit since then with injuries and all lately, I'll give this diet at least 4 weeks to see how it works for me.

Will keep trying to improve overall strength and endurance, hopefully I can get the lower back up and running 100% in the next 4-6 then I'll be going back to the MMA gym and putting all my time into that. But for now this will do lol.

Recently changed up how im doing weight training, pretty much doing tons of extra sets rippin the muscle tissue up aha, fingers crossed this change helps overall performance.

Morning weight- 191.8lbs

LeanGains Diet
3 PM: Oatmeal + low carb protein shake
5 PM: Pre-workout(1.5 scoops of Meso+4 caps of Super Cissus)
5:30 PM: Weights/Cardio
9 PM: Large meal- Extra lean hamburger/ Fruit smoothie
11 PM: Last Meal- Chicken Breat and Fat free Cottage cheese
1 PM: 1 scoop of Xtend
3 AM: 2 scoops of Xtend
Fasted state- 11pm-3pm

Monday, May 9th 2011 Workout

Back Rehab Routine
Lower back stretches
Hamstring stretches
Knee in stretch
Pelvic tlits
Cat and Camel stretch
Press ups
Planks(including side bridges)
Bridges
Bird Dog
Superman
Knee to chest

Workout- Chest, Shoudlers, Triceps, and H.I.T Cardio

Bench Press- 8 sets 45x20/ 95x8/ 135x5/ 185x3/ 225x5/ 185x10/ 170x10/ 170x8

Incline Bench Press- 8 sets 45x10/ 95x10/ 135x10/ 150x5/ 115x12/ 95x12/ 95x15/ 80x10

Incline DB Flys- 8 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx12/ 35'sx10/ 35'sx8/ 35'sx6/ 35'sx5/ 35'sx4/ 35'sx4
Super Set
V-ups- 4 sets 25/20/20/20

Flat DB Press- 8 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx12/35'sx10/ 35'sx8/ 35'sx6/ 35'sx5/ 35'sx4/ 35'sx4
Super Set
V-Ups 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20

Circuit Overhead DB Press- 3 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx15/ 35'sx15
Overhead 1 arm DB extension- 3 sets 35x10/ 35x8/ 35x6
V-UPS 20/ 20/ 20
Repeated 3 times

Circuit Reverse overhead press- 3 sets 80x10/ 45x20/ 45x20 Pressdowns- 3 sets 120x15/ 120x15/ 120x15 Crunches 3 sets 20/20/20 Repeated 3 times

Circuit Upright Row- 3 sets 45x15/ 45x15/ 45x15
DB Shrugs - 3 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx15/ 35'sx15
Oblique Crunches- 3 sets 25/25/25
Repeated 3 times

Circuit Shoulder raise circuit- 3 sets 8's'sx60/ 25'sx30/ 8'sx60
Pressdowns circuit- 3 sets
Leg Ups- 25/ 20/ 20
Repeated 3 times

Total ab reps=500

Body Squats- 5 sets 20/20/20/20/20

H.I.T Cardio Skipping 10x1min sprints

Sauna 30min

Thoughts
Went with 1 rounded scoop and half a scoop of Meso, holy shizzzz, little to much for me lol, will stick with 1 rounded scoop!
Right now I'm taking Mesomorph/ Creatine and Super Cissus. Will be done the Meso and Creatine Friday.

Bench press didn't go as well this week but for some reason after 225x5 my right shoulder felt overly pumped and sore, I believe I havn't healed up from fridays full body workout. So went a little lighter through the workout but still got an amazing pump and very sick intense workout. Skipping 1min sprints with 30 sec rest is fun, I am a jump rope whore LOL.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's funny, my natural eating is almost intermittent fasting but I had more like 9-10 eating hours.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed JD, I like the changes you made to your diet. Any trouble with hunger or anything?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IN for this. Let the transformation... COMMENCE!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This Lean Gains is really gaining momentum on the boards.. Hope it works out for you JD!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 LeanGains diet/ PP contest!

Thought I'd start a new log for this, going to try the LeanGains and enter the Andromass contest, as long as I think the after pictures are good enough lol. I took before pics today but forgot the news paper so I'll redo them tomorrow. I got enough fat to lose, gained quite a bit since then with injuries and all lately, I'll give this diet at least 4 weeks to see how it works for me.

Will keep trying to improve overall strength and endurance, hopefully I can get the lower back up and running 100% in the next 4-6 then I'll be going back to the MMA gym and putting all my time into that. But for now this will do lol.

Recently changed up how im doing weight training, pretty much doing tons of extra sets rippin the muscle tissue up aha, fingers crossed this change helps overall performance.

LeanGains Diet
5 PM: Pre-workout(1.5 scoops of Meso+4 caps of Super Cissus)
9 PM: Large meal- Extra lean hamburger/ Fruit smoothie
11 PM: Last Meal- Chicken Breat and Fat free Cottage cheese
1 PM: 1 scoop of Xtend
Fasted state- 11pm-3pm

Monday, May 9th 2011 Workout

Back Rehab Routine
Lower back stretches
Hamstring stretches
Knee in stretch
Pelvic tlits
Cat and Camel stretch
Press ups
Planks(including side bridges)
Bridges
Bird Dog
Superman
Knee to chest

Bench Press- 8 sets 45x20/ 95x8/ 135x5/ 185x3/ 225x5/ 185x10/ 170x10/ 170x8

Incline Bench Press- 8 sets 45x10/ 95x10/ 135x10/ 150x5/ 115x12/ 95x12/ 95x15/ 80x10

Incline DB Flys- 8 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx12/ 35'sx10/ 35'sx8/ 35'sx6/ 35'sx5/ 35'sx4/ 35'sx4
Super Set
V-ups- 4 sets 25/20/20/20

Flat DB Press- 8 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx12/35'sx10/ 35'sx8/ 35'sx6/ 35'sx5/ 35'sx4/ 35'sx4
Super Set
V-Ups 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20

Circuit Overhead DB Press- 3 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx15/ 35'sx15
Overhead 1 arm DB extension- 3 sets 35x10/ 35x8/ 35x6
V-UPS 20/ 20/ 20
Repeated 3 times

Circuit Reverse overhead press- 3 sets 80x10/ 45x20/ 45x20 Pressdowns- 3 sets 120x15/ 120x15/ 120x15 Crunches 3 sets 20/20/20 Repeated 3 times

Circuit Upright Row- 3 sets 45x15/ 45x15/ 45x15
DB Shrugs - 3 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx15/ 35'sx15
Oblique Crunches- 3 sets 25/25/25
Repeated 3 times

Circuit Shoulder raise circuit- 3 sets 8's'sx60/ 25'sx30/ 8'sx60
Pressdowns circuit- 3 sets
Leg Ups- 25/ 20/ 20
Repeated 3 times

Total ab reps=500

Body Squats- 5 sets 20/20/20/20/20

H.I.T Cardio Skipping 10x1min sprints

Sauna 30min

Thoughts
Went with 1 rounded scoop and half a scoop of Meso, holy shizzzz, little to much for me lol, will stick with 1 rounded scoop!
Right now I'm taking Mesomorph/ Creatine and Super Cissus. Will be done the Meso and Creatine Friday.

Bench press didn't go as well this week but for some reason after 225x5 my right shoulder felt overly pumped and sore, I believe I havn't healed up from fridays full body workout. So went a little lighter through the workout but still got an amazing pump and very sick intense workout. Skipping 1min sprints with 30 sec rest is fun, I am a jump rope whore LOL.
my eating has been pretty crazy , im doing a Keto IF diet. i have a tremendous appetite but i can deal with hunger pangs but still end up finishing all my food in 1.5-4 hours no matter how hard i try to space it. but once i start the fast im golden,

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my eating has been pretty crazy , im doing a Keto IF diet. i have a tremendous appetite but i can deal with hunger pangs but still end up finishing all my food in 1.5-4 hours no matter how hard i try to space it. but once i start the fast im golden,
Are you logging this?

I am interested to see how how a lean gains and keto approach would turn out. I have thought about trying it myself but wasn't sure how the absence of carbs would effect cGMP, which to my understanding is what you want to activate in the eating portion of the diet.

Where can I read more about this diet?
The official site of leangains is www.leangains.com

But Mr. Kleen created an amazing and informative thread here that you can find mostly all the information you need http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/174612-lean-gains-if.html

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Are you logging this?

I am interested to see how how a lean gains and keto approach would turn out. I have thought about trying it myself but wasn't sure how the absence of carbs would effect cGMP, which to my understanding is what you want to activate in the eating portion of the diet.
cGMP is used for a lot of things, main thing to worry about IMO on a keto IF diet is the acetyl CoA production leading to ketone formation.

i havent been logging it, but i have a thread i started in the Old school hormone use forum (not to hijack at all) where my beginning weight was 191 and now im 184 and prolly 7% leaner (bf 14. somehting to bout 8, maybe a tad less.) just waiting for someone to post pictures for me.

but also remember carbs can be formed from lactic acid.... and you still get some in a keto diet.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's funny, my natural eating is almost intermittent fasting but I had more like 9-10 eating hours.
I've never tried fasting really, I'm very excited to see how my body responds to this diet.

Subbed JD, I like the changes you made to your diet. Any trouble with hunger or anything?
So far I would say no, last night was pretty easy but right now I am sooo hungry lol, about to have my first meal of the day, Protein/oatmeal blended up.

IN for this. Let the transformation... COMMENCE!
O YA:D Thanks for joining in!

Nice, in to follow!
Glad to have ya on board!

This Lean Gains is really gaining momentum on the boards.. Hope it works out for you JD!
I'm pumped to try this out:) Glad to have ya here bro! :yup:

I never tried the Keto diet, I normally just try and stick to 4-6 meals a day, at least 1g of protein per pound and maintenance cals. Thanks for joining in!

Just updated 1st post, I forgot to post yesterdays morning weight in 191.8lbs

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff so far JD! I can't wait to see how this treats you. I love lean gains!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff so far JD! I can't wait to see how this treats you. I love lean gains!
Thank you MrKleen! All the info you posted about this diet really got me interested, def on the way to fat loss, some water weight dropped pretty fast.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

Starting weight- 191.8lbs
Morning weight- 187.5lbs -4.3 pounds(Water weight)

LeanGains Diet
5 PM: Pre-workout(1/2 scoop of Meso+2 scoops of N.OIgnite+4 caps of Super Cissus)
10 PM: Large meal- Extra lean hamburger Pita/ Fruit smoothie
12 AM: Last Meal- Chicken Breat and Fat free Cottage cheese
1 AM: 1 scoop of Xtend
Fasted state- 12AM-3pm(1 Hour short)

Tuesday, May 10th 2011 Workout

Seated alternating DB Curls- 6 sets 20'sx10/ 40'sx8/ 60'sx8/ 70'sx3/ 70'sx2/ 50'sx10

Hammer Curls- 5 sets 35'sx5/ 50'sx10/ 60'sx5/ 50'sx5/ 35'sx15

Pulldowns- 5 sets 105x15/ 120x15/ 150x15/ 120x15/ 120x15

Wide grip BW Pull ups- 5 sets 5/5/5/5/5

Preacher Curl machine- 5 sets 50x15/ 50x15/ 50x15/ 40x15/ 40x15

Cable crossover machine Pulldowns- 4 sets 75'sx15/ 90'x15/ 105'sx15/ 120x6

Cable flex curls 4 sets- 45'sx15/ 30'sx10/ 30'sx10/ 30'sx10

Forearm circuit 12 sets

Knee ups- 4 sets 25/25/25/25reps

Cardio

Swimming- 20 laps

Sauna 10 min

Thoughts
Dropped some water weight, felt a little weak during my workout but I don't think that has anything to do with the diet, I feel I over did it with caffeine(1/2scoop of Meso and 2 scoops of N.O Ignite). I cut the Creatine Mono out starting today and 3 more days left of Meso. The caffeine break is going to kill me!!!

Had a pretty good workout but I did feel a little burnt out by too much stims. Didn't do back therapy workout today because lower back was sore. Tomorrow is my rest day but may do something, thursday will be kickboxing.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Hit it JD! After reading Kleens bangin thread and investigating website im interested to hear your opinions of this IF deal. I'm considering rolling into Paleo IF during PCT for this cycle im on

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for joining in!

Hit it JD! After reading Kleens bangin thread and investigating website im interested to hear your opinions of this IF deal. I'm considering rolling into Paleo IF during PCT for this cycle im on
Thanks for the support!
This diet is perfect for this next month since Im really focusing on weights and cardio until my back is 100%, can't wait to get real lean :D

Drinking on my Xtend drink right now and I must say Im feeling pretty hungry lol

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for joining in!

Thanks for the support!
This diet is perfect for this next month since Im really focusing on weights and cardio until my back is 100%, can't wait to get real lean :D

Drinking on my Xtend drink right now and I must say Im feeling pretty hungry lol
Xtend is good stuff man. What flavor?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If doing PCT then I would start IF now just to get your body used to it. Also make sure you are eating big enough not to lose your weight. As cool as IF is it only loosens the rules a bit as far as caloricly dense food choices, and fits better for some of our eating patterns. I would NOT try to lean up during your PCT whatsoever, or you could lose a lot of muscle and that goes with any style of eating. Find your Maintenance cals and then work off of a Recomp strategy like listed in the Lean Gains pdf. The link to that is now in the 2nd post of the Lean Gains thread if you have not read it yet.
Thanks for joining in!

Thanks for the support!

Oh yeah hunger is fun the first 3-5 days. I was good to go after 2-3 but it seems others have hunger that is more persistant. However the effects of Ghrelin seem to be about 20 minutes, Ghrelin is the hormone released to make you hungry at your normal feeding times. Once the Ghrelin runs it's course the hunger goes away for a few hours until the Ghrelin is released again. However Ghrelin follows a pattern and will adapt to your new eating structure and then you will just find yourself very hungry coming up on the normal time you break your fast. Although the more often I fast the easier it is to extend it well into the afternoon on my non training days. Like today I don't have any training other than my walk I take at lunch. I will more than likely take my walk about 1 and then eat my big meal around 3:00 when my normal meal is around noon. Just depends on how hungry I get. If famished about 11:00 and it doesn't go away I will leave for my walk around 11:30 and eat around 1:00. Although I tend to shorten my eating windows to about 6 hours instead of 8, so long as I am getting in the calories I need for the day I don't see it of much consequence. 2700 calories in a short time frame is going to take longer to digest than the 4-6-or even 8 hour feeding window regardless so it is not a big deal to me. The big deal to me is that I fast at least 16 hours.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If doing PCT then I would start IF now just to get your body used to it. Also make sure you are eating big enough not to lose your weight. As cool as IF is it only loosens the rules a bit as far as caloricly dense food choices, and fits better for some of our eating patterns. I would NOT try to lean up during your PCT whatsoever, or you could lose a lot of muscle and that goes with any style of eating. Find your Maintenance cals and then work off of a Recomp strategy like listed in the Lean Gains pdf. The link to that is now in the 2nd post of the Lean Gains thread if you have not read it yet.
Yeah, its definitely a bit of a drag if you have moderately high maintenance (like 3000) to do paleo as IF and not be forced to eat half a jar of peanut butter a day to make calories. Of course the problem with doing that is that you have to be cautious as to actually measuring the pb, as its soooo easy to be off by a few hundred calories either way. I found it near impossible to maintain even on paleo without taking in a bunch of nuts + nut butter. With breakfast (not doing IF ) being 6 eggs, 2 bannanas, 2 apples it still only came to around 800 calories and I was pretty well stuffed from all the fiber in the fruit.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Not to be nit-picking but I think you've got the AM/PM wrong on your diet posts. It reads as though your fast is only 3 hours.....unless I'm off my nut.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to be nit-picking but I think you've got the AM/PM wrong on your diet posts. It reads as though your fast is only 3 hours.....unless I'm off my nut.
Yeah, his 12PM is actually 12AM...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, its definitely a bit of a drag if you have moderately high maintenance (like 3000) to do paleo as IF and not be forced to eat half a jar of peanut butter a day to make calories. Of course the problem with doing that is that you have to be cautious as to actually measuring the pb, as its soooo easy to be off by a few hundred calories either way. I found it near impossible to maintain even on paleo without taking in a bunch of nuts + nut butter. With breakfast (not doing IF ) being 6 eggs, 2 bannanas, 2 apples it still only came to around 800 calories and I was pretty well stuffed from all the fiber in the fruit.
Yes! I would go through a lb of PB in 4 days not measuring and just eating it with a spoon. Now I just eat it out of a tablespoon!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xtend is good stuff man. What flavor?
Blue Raspberry :D

Oh yeah hunger is fun the first 3-5 days. I was good to go after 2-3 but it seems others have hunger that is more persistant. However the effects of Ghrelin seem to be about 20 minutes, Ghrelin is the hormone released to make you hungry at your normal feeding times. Once the Ghrelin runs it's course the hunger goes away for a few hours until the Ghrelin is released again. However Ghrelin follows a pattern and will adapt to your new eating structure and then you will just find yourself very hungry coming up on the normal time you break your fast. Although the more often I fast the easier it is to extend it well into the afternoon on my non training days. Like today I don't have any training other than my walk I take at lunch. I will more than likely take my walk about 1 and then eat my big meal around 3:00 when my normal meal is around noon. Just depends on how hungry I get. If famished about 11:00 and it doesn't go away I will leave for my walk around 11:30 and eat around 1:00. Although I tend to shorten my eating windows to about 6 hours instead of 8, so long as I am getting in the calories I need for the day I don't see it of much consequence. 2700 calories in a short time frame is going to take longer to digest than the 4-6-or even 8 hour feeding window regardless so it is not a big deal to me. The big deal to me is that I fast at least 16 hours.
I've had worse tho, that post-workout meal helps a lot more then 5-6 small meals.

Yup my bad ment 12am-3pm 15 hours, was short 1 hour.

Yeah, his 12PM is actually 12AM...
:whiner: my bad lol/ fixed it :lol:

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In as always brother and yeah 1 scoop of Meso is all I can handle too lol. That stuff is unreal and I see it's on sale now too!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I would pick some meso up but I am broke as a joke right now and of course it is on sale... Enjoying WYKED right now but would love to compare them.

kyoryoko

Awards

I'm actually doing this diet now, though not on PCT and I must say I feel great on it.

I just really have to keep my workouts in the "strength" area and my conditioning around 2-3 times a week, not more than 30 mins each.

though my only non veggie carb comes from a half a sweet potato after strength days.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In as always brother and yeah 1 scoop of Meso is all I can handle too lol. That stuff is unreal and I see it's on sale now too!!!
Thanks for joining in brotha :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3

Morning weight- 187.4lbs -4.4 pounds

LeanGains Diet
3 PM: Hamburger Pita/ Fruit smoothie + 1/2 scoop of Meso and 3 caps of Super Cissus
9 PM: Oatmeal + low carb protein shake
11 PM: Chicken pita + 3 caps of Super Cissus
2 AM-4AM: 3 scoops of Xtend
Fasted state- 11pm-3pm(16 hours)

Rest Day!

Thoughts
Rest Day so no training, but kept busy all day. Love me some Mesomorph for everyday energy! Tomorrow is kickboxing and plan on getting a good back rehab workout in as well, going to try some new things that will hopefully strengthen my lower back.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On your off days are you keeping cals 20% below maintenance?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On your off days are you keeping cals 20% below maintenance?
About that, getting around 2000-2300 cals on off days and 1800-2000 on workout days.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
sorry i'm late Tommy.

i need to read further into the diet!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry i'm late Tommy.

i need to read further into the diet!
Great to see ya hear bro!

The diet is very interesting, it's too late to tell anything yet, hopefully in the next couple weeks I lean out more, after looking at my pics I feel very out of shape compared to my pics before I went through all these injuries with my lower back and ankle.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About that, getting around 2000-2300 cals on off days and 1800-2000 on workout days.
Dude, that's backwards! You're supposed to eat 20% ABOVE maintenance on workout days and 20% BELOW on off days...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am thinking he mistyped that. If not it is an easy adjustment.

JD I went through the same thing. I was a bit sloppy after my surgery in January. It was very frustrating. I have been working towards recomp this whole time since I lost a good bit of muscle so I haven't shredded up yet but I look WAY better than I did.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, that's backwards! You're supposed to eat 20% ABOVE maintenance on workout days and 20% BELOW on off days...
I didn't think it would really matter too much as long as I got the 16 hour fast, but I'll try it that way then. Good I can have a Chicken Pita tonight now lol, I think you made my day, I wasn't looking forward to just Chicken and Cottage cheese lol

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am thinking he mistyped that. If not it is an easy adjustment.

JD I went through the same thing. I was a bit sloppy after my surgery in January. It was very frustrating. I have been working towards recomp this whole time since I lost a good bit of muscle so I haven't shredded up yet but I look WAY better than I did.

No thats what I've been doing for the last 3 days, but I'll switch it around.

Damn surgery sucks, what did you get surgery on? I'm supposed to get surgery on my ankle because I completely torn 2 out of 3 ligaments in my ankle on the left foot on the left side in the middle. But they have already made me wait 7 months and going to prob make me wait another 4 months so I don't think it's worth it at this point in time, It's not as painful anymore and I'm getting around it fine. I'll see how running treats it next week when I pick up a new pair of shoes.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4
Starting weight- 191.8lbs
Morning weight- 187.4lbs -4.6 pounds

LeanGains Diet
3 PM: Oatmeal + low carb protein shake(mixed with 250ml of Skim milk)
5:45 PM: Pre-workout(1 scoop of Meso + 1 cap of Pro Xanthine 500-XT+4 caps of Super Cissus)
6:30 PM: Kickboxing (2 hours and 30min)
10 PM: Extra lean hamburger on multigrain buns & Fruit smoothie, skim milk(tons of water)
12 AM: Chicken Pita
2:30 AM: 3 scoops of Xtend
Fasted state- 12AM-3pm(1 Hour short)

Thursday, May 12th 2011 Workout

Before workout weight- 190.2lbs

Boxing workout
Stetch
Back warm up and exercises
100 jumping jacks
100 shuffle jacks
100 punching out
100 punching up

Shadow boxing 5x3min rounds

Heavy bag 5x3min rounds

Combos on heavybag + agility drills 10x3min rounds

Sprint Skipping 10x1min rounds

Abs 100 reps
Superman 5sec holdsx10
Stretch

Post-Workout Weight- 182.2lbs

Thoughts
Well I liked the 1 scoop of Mesomorph+1 cap of Pro Xanthine 500-XT combo better then the Meso/N.O Ignite combo. Energy was awesome.
Had a killer workout, pushed myself hard from the get go, super aggressive every round, my endurance felt twice as better as last week, Im getting my speed and slick technique back, really worked on angles with combos and pivots, power felt good, couldn't have asked for a better workout, sweat like crazy, the heater was on full blast so it was hot! Lost 8 pounds during the workout!

LeanGain Diet thoughts- Can't comment too much on this yet but I am looking a bit leaner!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not so popular on other forums though...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why is this?

I thought everyone was loving this diet.
It goes against conventional wisdom, and those boards don't have "popular" members doing it and reporting/logging favorable results. I guess it's just fear of the unknown plus challenging what they "know" to be true.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It goes against conventional wisdom, and those boards don't have "popular" members doing it and reporting/logging favorable results. I guess it's just fear of the unknown plus challenging what they "know" to be true.
that plus its sort of a pain in the ass, potentially makes you even more of a social leper, is harder to deal with eating at a restaurant (because you are trying to stuff in 90g of protein in a 1300 calorie meal), and who wants to deal with hunger half the day when you are bulking?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that plus its sort of a pain in the ass, potentially makes you even more of a social leper, is harder to deal with eating at a restaurant (because you are trying to stuff in 90g of protein in a 1300 calorie meal), and who wants to deal with hunger half the day when you are bulking?
Ya not a diet I would use for bulking, but seems like this may work as a good recomp/Cut type diet.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, sure there could be many other excuses/reasons too!

I couldn't be much more of a social leper than when I spout off how many calories and grams of fat are in something, but at least with IF I can fit it in without b!tching about it! I get plenty of protein through the feeding window, so dinner can be pretty open, even for decadent desserts! And supposedly the hunger pains go away once Ghrelin normalizes on your new schedule, the tougher thing is getting enough calories in your window (though I think bulkers tend to overdo it on calories during a bulk).

Ya not a diet I would use for bulking, but seems like this may work as a good recomp/Cut type diet.
¿Por que? I'm using it for a "lean bulk" now, and it's working really well! It works well with my penchant for bingeing!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. JD, how is 1.5 scoops of Meso treating you? One scoop is pretty strong for me.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, sure there could be many other excuses/reasons too!

I couldn't be much more of a social leper than when I spout off how many calories and grams of fat are in something, but at least with IF I can fit it in without b!tching about it! I get plenty of protein through the feeding window, so dinner can be pretty open, even for decadent desserts! And supposedly the hunger pains go away once Ghrelin normalizes on your new schedule, the tougher thing is getting enough calories in your window (though I think bulkers tend to overdo it on calories during a bulk).

¿Por que? I'm using it for a "lean bulk" now, and it's working really well! It works well with my penchant for bingeing!

Yes I suppose, but I bet your getting a lot more cals post-workout meal then I am, so seems like it can be customed to a Cut or Lean bulk. How is it treating you for a lean bulk? do you find your putting less fat on then a normal 4-6 meals a day bulk?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. JD, how is 1.5 scoops of Meso treating you? One scoop is pretty strong for me.
I tried 1 rounded and half a scoop, way too much for me.

I believe I prefer just 1 rounded scoop, I liked a level scoop of Meso and 1 cap of Pro Xanthine 500-XT a lot.

Really missing the Meso/CN/Nitrozine combo tho, that was just awesome!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I suppose, but I bet your getting a lot more cals post-workout meal then I am, so seems like it can be customed to a Cut or Lean bulk. How is it treating you for a lean bulk? do you find your putting less fat on then a normal 4-6 meals a day bulk?
I feel very bloated after meals, but overall the mirror has been good to me. Vascularity is way up around the clock it seems. Quad and calf veins are very noticeably popping out, legs have been progressing with splitting leg day into a quad day and a hamstring day. Abs go into hiding at night ;)

It really depends on the time of day how I look! Morning post workout I look lean and ripped, post meal and evening I look/feel rotund though my wife says I'm still leaner than she is (she won't do family photos until she drops some weight). After I go for a run, I look somewhat in between.

Overall, too hard to assess right now, but I'd say I'm making good progress, and not too much fat though there is what I think is noticeable fat gain. Cryptic enough?