This cut sponsored by iForce: Vrob reduces with Dexaprine and T-33

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards

I be logging the new iForce fat burner, Dexaprine (stacked with T-33).

Log goal:
Right now, I’m 275lbs with a 28% body fat (not as bad as it sounds- I hide it well- balanced on abdomen, back, butt, thighs). I want to cut down to about 260lbs, with the majority being fat loss. Using a rough figure of 3lbs equaling 1% of my body weight, 15 pounds would be about 5% (very rough math). So here is the goal- 260lbs and 23%.

I’m honestly new to the whole ’cutting’ thing. But I think 2lbs a week is attainable for fat loss. I expect to take about 2 months to hit my target. Now- iForce provided a month supply of T-33 and Dexaprine. I hit their IronForce member’s pre-sale and bought 2 bottles of Dexaprine, so I can continue this longer than the sponsored log portion.

Starting figures:
Body fat- 28% measured post workout 4/30 (standard gym handheld: Amazon.com: Omron HBF-306C Fat Loss Monitor, Black: Health & Personal Care )
Weight- measured nekkid at home: 276lbs

Diet:
Not counting macros, I ain’t that dedicated. But I know the basics of dieting and what to eat, and when.
No soda, no fast food, no alcohol (possible cheats for going out).
Lots of protein. Aside from postWO complex carbs like oatmeal and wholegrain bread.

Training:
Gym time is based on my work schedule. I work nights, 4 on and 4 off, or sometimes 5 on 3 off. I alternate lifting and cardio, aiming for 2 HIIT and 2 LISS days, and 2 heavy and 2 light lifting days. Because life gets in the way, and sometimes I just need more sleep, I usually miss 1 of those days out of 4.

Other supps:
Other than the logged T33 and Dexaprine, I’ll be using mainly basics:
Orange Triad, fish oil, LitUP as lifting pre, lots of protein, glutamine, BCAA drinks, CL Greens, other assorted vitamins and anti-oxes, and a sleep aid. Stims will be Dexaprine and Thermogum when I need a little hit.
Slowly cycling off creatine. So weight might drop a little faster than initial body fat.

I'll start this Sunday with cardio.

Thanks to iForce and KingJameskjf and VaughnT.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
HIIT cardio

Cardio day.
1 Dexaprine tablet and 1 T33 cap before the gym. GREAT energy. I really like the feeling so far.
10 minutes warm up on treadmill.
20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical with 7 40-second sprints.
Couple sets of calf raises.
10 minutes back on the treadmill to cool down.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
20 minutes of HITT is alot; I'm dead after 7 on the treadmill sprinting haha.

Good start so far though. Just curious I read where you posted your work schedule. What kind of work do you do if you don't mind me asking, that is an interesting schedule.

Mike

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!!!

And in for NO Alcohol:D:11:

You better dry out before September because I have a feeling our livers will be hating us after that weekend.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Subbed!!!

And in for NO Alcohol:D:11:

You better dry out before September because I have a feeling our livers will be hating us after that weekend.
TBH I prob won't go dry this whole time. Cinqo de Mayo is a good drinking holiday, and I'll prob be at a sports bar for the Mosley fight Saturday.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Just curious I read where you posted your work schedule. What kind of work do you do if you don't mind me asking, that is an interesting schedule.

Mike
No worries. I work a a large trucking company, in the office as a Driver Manager. Sort of a combo dispatcher and CSR. Its usually 4 hectic hours and 7 hours of chill. An lunch.
Its a 24 hour operation, of course. In the industry the 4 on/4 off is typical. Its the most balanced way to ensure even coverage with 2 teams. The 4 days off absolutely rules, I will admit. :saevilw:

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
TBH I prob won't go dry this whole time. Cinqo de Mayo is a good drinking holiday, and I'll prob be at a sports bar for the Mosley fight Saturday.
Don't blame you a bit, I usually find away to fit in some extra cold ones in myself.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Monday I went to the gym, did cardio and a light weight back routine, mainly pulldowns.
Tuesday I didn't have time to drive the gym for cardio, so I did a little crosstraining in my back yard- an 8lb sledge and an old pick up tire make a nice pair.

This is exhausting stuff- I can only handle a few minutes before I need to rest. It hits a lot of muscle: traps, forearms, core and especially lower back.

Yesterday was my last regular day of work. I will go in Friday for a few hours, but my next full night is Sunday. On my weekend I can really get in some good training, since I have more time. Today will be a heavier-weight push routine.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Cardio today- 45 minutes total and a small bit of core and RC work. Powered up by Dexaprine- :) Man, its good for cardio.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good in here so far Rob. Looks like you got things covered and underway. Am I going to even recognize you at the O this year!? :D

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
This last week ended up being a little busier than I expected. I didn't get in as much gym time as I wanted, and the diet was waaaay off. I think any weight loss this week will be muscle atrophy, dammit. At least now I have better motivation for next week.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This last week ended up being a little busier than I expected. I didn't get in as much gym time as I wanted, and the diet was waaaay off. I think any weight loss this week will be muscle atrophy, dammit. At least now I have better motivation for next week.
just keep swinging that sledge :p

my buddy does jiu jitsu training, and the sledge/tire combo is something they use for their "circuits"...........he convinced me to try it one day in his back yard..........it takes A LOT out of you

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
just keep swinging that sledge :p

my buddy does jiu jitsu training, and the sledge/tire combo is something they use for their "circuits"...........he convinced me to try it one day in his back yard..........it takes A LOT out of you
Its in my back pocket (back yard, actually. Ha!) to use as needed. The intent is to sledge when I'm short on time. That will probably happen twice a week, or so.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Busy day today.
I did cardio this AM- 25 minutes on the bike and 15 more on the treadmill (slow but steep). HR averaged 130BPM....right in my fat burning zone.
And, went back 11 hours later for a short back session.
Oh, boy. First time I'd deadlifted in a few weeks. 315lbs felt like a ton. Just for fun I did bent over DB rows, they sucked too. Wrapped with seated cable rows.

I'm ready for this week to end. :)

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah, I've come to hate deads no matter how good they are! Improvising with what you got is still getting work done, even in your own backyard.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Craaaap.
Sunday was my first day back to work. I got up early and planned a gym trip for chest and shoulders. Buuuut the GF had other plans, we needed to drive across town to visit a friend of ours. This was the first of the days 2.5 Dexaprines.

And once at work, I find we have mandatory training before our shift Monday. So I have only 10 hours off leading into a 14 hour shift later today. Seems like a perfect time for my SledgeHammer quickie workout.

More to follow later.

Dexaprine update: Still working great. Excellent energy. Decent focus, good appetite control. Unofficial weigh in- I'm down 3lbs since last week. Excellent.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
yeah, I've come to hate deads no matter how good they are! Improvising with what you got is still getting work done, even in your own backyard.
After DB bench, I'd say deads are my favorite exercise. They are so damn hard but I get a lot out of them: super functional, good for grip and back/traps, and...I like to be able to use some weight. I mean- even a badass only uses 35lbs for a DB lateral raise. :D I much prefer loading up a few 45s on a bar.

love the idea of the sledge.
If you have the room, its great and cheap- an 8lb sledge is like $20 at Lowes. And the tire was free- just ask the guy at the tire shop nicely.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After DB bench, I'd say deads are my favorite exercise. They are so damn hard but I get a lot out of them: super functional, good for grip and back/traps, and...I like to be able to use some weight. I mean- even a badass only uses 35lbs for a DB lateral raise. :D I much prefer loading up a few 45s on a bar.
Very true, I would never question the effectiveness of deads......but I still hate them! :D

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Multiples update.
Time was short Monday so it was a sledge and tire session again. Every time, I'm reminded how hard this is, and how really bad I am it. My soft office-worker's body is not built for hard labor.

Tuesday was a traditional pull workout. Seeing some good progress here. I went about 100lbs heavier on SL deads than last week and it felt good.
Variations of pulldowns went about the same weights and reps as last week.

Dexaprine and T33 keep doing their thing. Great energy levels, good mood and appetite control.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Wednesday cardio

1 Dexaprine and I was off to the gym.
20 minutes of LISS cardio (bike, rolling terrain) followed by core and RC exercises. Back on the bike for another 20 of the same. Not sure why, but the second round felt a lot harder. I worked harder to maintain the same HR- around 135.

Not much else to report. Today is the end of my normal work week, but I will be working some OT this weekend. I think Dexaprine will be most helpful. :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Multiples update.
Time was short Monday so it was a sledge and tire session again. Every time, I'm reminded how hard this is, and how really bad I am it. My soft office-worker's body is not built for hard labor.

Tuesday was a traditional pull workout. Seeing some good progress here. I went about 100lbs heavier on SL deads than last week and it felt good.
Variations of pulldowns went about the same weights and reps as last week.

Dexaprine and T33 keep doing their thing. Great energy levels, good mood and appetite control.
Awesome, glad its working out for you! Any jitters at all? sorry if I missed it, I've been away for the past week, I was competing in a bodybuilding show so I have been recovering both mentally and physically.

Mike

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Awesome, glad its working out for you! Any jitters at all? sorry if I missed it, I've been away for the past week, I was competing in a bodybuilding show so I have been recovering both mentally and physically.

Mike
First- how was the show? PLEASE throw some pics up here- good motivation for cutting.

Second- Dexaprine is great. Aside from the occasionally unwanted side effect of aggression, its really, really good.:firedevil:

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First- how was the show? PLEASE throw some pics up here- good motivation for cutting.

Second- Dexaprine is great. Aside from the occasionally unwanted side effect of aggression, its really, really good.:firedevil:
Honestly, I have yet to try it. I am taking a break from all stims due to heavy use in contest prep.

The show went great. I placed third in an extremely competitive welterweight division. The cut-off for my weight class was 165 and a 1/4. I tipped the scales bone dry, extremely flat and carb depleted Friday at 4pm at 165.2lbs. Downside was, I couldn't carb load until after, when I normally would start thursday morning. I came into pre-judging saturday morning flat, and less vascular than normal. Trying to make the welterweight class screwed me in the end; I had to take extreme measures the days before just to make weight.

I did peak for the night show and was very happen with the way I looked, but the judges did not take a second glance at us, at night. My timing was off. I was very happy with third based on how I looked at pre-judging. I would not have been happy with 3rd if I looked at pre-judging like i did at night, but I lost to two great bodybuilders who were good guys and deserved everything they got.

Overall, I had a great time at the show, got tons of sample packets, met a lot of bodybuilders, spent time with a lot of ifbb pro's, and hung out for 3 days with 4 members of this forum who I am close with on the internet, but never met in real life.

I am on another computer right now, so I dont have my pics on this computer, but go into the I-Force subsection. There are two threads in there with my pictures.

Mike

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Weekend Update.
I worked OT on Friday, no workout. My one victory was avoiding the company provided pizza lunch. Oh Lord, did it smell good. BASTARDS!! :)

Saturday was heavy pull. Not a great workout. Not sure why but my strength was way down. I went up to 315lbs on deads but it was just super heavy. I did about 4 reps and almost died. Rest of the workout was average.

Sunday I barely made the gym before they closed. Got in a 20 minutes HIIT session (elliptical, 40 second sprints with 1:20 minute recoveries). This felt great! I really, really like cardio on Dexaprine.
I checked my HR after a few sprints- I got as high as 170BPM, which is like 96% of my max or something scary. That generally dropped about 15 beats during the recovery.

Total update: not much change on my bodyweight. So, I'll need to work more on the diet this week (booooo) and do more and longer cardio (double boooooo).

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Honestly, I have yet to try it. I am taking a break from all stims due to heavy use in contest prep.

The show went great. I placed third in an extremely competitive welterweight division. The cut-off for my weight class was 165 and a 1/4. I tipped the scales bone dry, extremely flat and carb depleted Friday at 4pm at 165.2lbs. Downside was, I couldn't carb load until after, when I normally would start thursday morning. I came into pre-judging saturday morning flat, and less vascular than normal. Trying to make the welterweight class screwed me in the end; I had to take extreme measures the days before just to make weight.

I did peak for the night show and was very happen with the way I looked, but the judges did not take a second glance at us, at night. My timing was off. I was very happy with third based on how I looked at pre-judging. I would not have been happy with 3rd if I looked at pre-judging like i did at night, but I lost to two great bodybuilders who were good guys and deserved everything they got.

Overall, I had a great time at the show, got tons of sample packets, met a lot of bodybuilders, spent time with a lot of ifbb pro's, and hung out for 3 days with 4 members of this forum who I am close with on the internet, but never met in real life.

I am on another computer right now, so I dont have my pics on this computer, but go into the I-Force subsection. There are two threads in there with my pictures.

Mike

After months of hard work, training, and dedication, one of our favorite athletes decided to compete at an INCREDIBLY packed show in Pittsburgh. His class had a ton of competition, and Mike ended up showing everyone just what he was made of by placing 3rd!

iForce is incredibly proud to have you as part of our team Mike. You look HUGE! Keep up the great work, the IFBB will be yours in no time :)

Damn dude! You look fantastic. Third place is tremendous. More important- you learned more about timing and your body.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Weekend Update.
I worked OT on Friday, no workout. My one victory was avoiding the company provided pizza lunch. Oh Lord, did it smell good. BASTARDS!!

Saturday was heavy pull. Not a great workout. Not sure why but my strength was way down. I went up to 315lbs on deads but it was just super heavy. I did about 4 reps and almost died. Rest of the workout was average.

Sunday I barely made the gym before they closed. Got in a 20 minute HIIT session (elliptical, 40 second sprints with 1:20 minute recoveries). This felt great! I really, really like cardio on Dexaprine.
I checked my HR after a few sprints- I got as high as 170BPM, which is like 96% of my max or something scary. That generally dropped about 15 beats during the recovery.

Total update: not much change on my bodyweight. So, I'll need to work more on the diet this week (booooo) and do more and longer cardio (double boooooo).

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn dude! You look fantastic. Third place is tremendous. More important- you learned more about timing and your body.
so you found some of my pictures :). There are others in the other thread, the guess my contest weight thread towards the end if you are interested.

Appreciate your words.. means a lot! Now its your turn to cut weight :).

Mike

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Log update, 2 weeks.

Weight Monday AM was 272lbs. This is down 4lbs since start of the log, a nice steady 2lbs a week. Nothing amazing, but I'm happy with the progress.
Cardio is getting easier; I'm getting better at it. Now I just need more.
Lifting is a mix. It seems most of my numbers are down, but I think thats due to going off creatine for this cut. And, those numbers are gonna get worse: on my light days, I'll now shoot for 12 reps instead of 10 per set. I can still get my same lifts on the heavy days, but it about kills me. Time to swallow my Ego and drop those numbers a bit.
Diet continues to be my biggest problem (no surprise). No excuses there. I knew this would be the hardest part of losing weight.

So, progress is a little slower than I want. I'll work harder this week and see how that turns out.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 pound loss per week is perfect! Not too fast but effective as well. Don't worry too much about the having to lower the weights a bit, that happens alot while cutting and restricting caloric intake.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
mid week
Tuesday- Meant to do HIIT, but I didn’t have the gas. 20 min LISS and 20 HIIT….with only about 5 sprints. Sort of a perky LISS. Couple core and RC moves.

Weds- light pull. Went big the SL deads- a mere 155lbs for 3 sets of 10 felt pretty good (and I really felt in later that night, and the next dayt). Pulldowns, curls, etc.

Thurs- I watched The Matrix for 40 minutes while on a stationary bike. Did a few sets of seated calf raises and I invented a new exercise: The Calf Shrug. Smith rack set up for light shrugs. In one move, rise up in a standing calf raise and shrug the bar up, hold for a second. My calf tired out first here- I’d get about 10 reps, then add 3-4 regular shrugs. Not the most exciting move of all time, I’m aware. J But it seems like a good way to squeeze in a few smaller muscles in short time. Note: did this first, then went to cardio. BIG BENEFIT as my HR was already raised, once on the bike I got up to 130ish right away.
Note- scale weight holding at 272.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many Dexaprines a day are you taking mate? and how do you space them out?
You only want to do two a day and space them out about 6 hours or more. Also, don't take your last dose too close to bed or you'll have a difficult time getting to sleep! One effective way is to take one in the AM on an empty stomach and the second in the early afternoon.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would def agree! If your taking it later in the day, def have some valarian root and benedryl on hand in case you can't fall asleep!

Mike

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
2 pound loss per week is perfect! Not too fast but effective as well. Don't worry too much about the having to lower the weights a bit, that happens alot while cutting and restricting caloric intake.
This^^ Awesome job Rob and Ideal weight loss.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Pretty sure I FUBAR'ed my '2lbs a week' this time. I had a real nice weekend with not a lot of working out. I wept at the weigh in today. :(

ANYWAY.
Gym today for a heavy back day. I did rack pulls instead of deads. I couldn't go very heavy but they felt great- I really felt my lats getting some work. Pretty sure these will be a permanent replacement for deads.
Rest of the workout was normal- DB rows, cable rows, curls etc. Wrapped with 20 minutes on the stationary bike.

Came home to a pasta meal and 1/2 a Dexaprine.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty sure I FUBAR'ed my '2lbs a week' this time. I had a real nice weekend with not a lot of working out. I wept at the weigh in today. :(

ANYWAY.
Gym today for a heavy back day. I did rack pulls instead of deads. I couldn't go very heavy but they felt great- I really felt my lats getting some work. Pretty sure these will be a permanent replacement for deads.
Rest of the workout was normal- DB rows, cable rows, curls etc. Wrapped with 20 minutes on the stationary bike.

Came home to a pasta meal and 1/2 a Dexaprine.
lol, well we all have setbacks. The important thing is to not let it keep us down and continue in the destructive path but re-motivate ourselves to push on. I like rack pulls SOOOO much better then deads.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Bit of an experiment yesterday.
I normally use 2 scoops of LitUP as my pre, and use Dexaprine for cardio and the rest of the day. I decided to stack them today.
I had a Dexaprine about 11:30AM, and 1 scoop of LitUP at 1:45PM before the gym.
This, was probably too much. I felt like I was right on the dangerous edge of being stim-overloaded. However, it led to a pretty good workout. Today was a light upper body push day- light weights and higher reps. Followed up with 20 minutes on the bike (I need to make up some weight loss this week).

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol, sounds like stim overkill, but it's good to experiment a little to see what you can handle! At least you got a good workout out of it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, sounds like stim overkill, but it's good to experiment a little to see what you can handle! At least you got a good workout out of it.
Lol agreed. Your still alive and kickin, just don't do it again! :p

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Bit of an experiment yesterday.
I normally use 2 scoops of LitUP as my pre, and use Dexaprine for cardio and the rest of the day. I decided to stack them today.
I had a Dexaprine about 11:30AM, and 1 scoop of LitUP at 1:45PM before the gym.
This, was probably too much. I felt like I was right on the dangerous edge of being stim-overloaded. However, it led to a pretty good workout. Today was a light upper body push day- light weights and higher reps. Followed up with 20 minutes on the bike (I need to make up some weight loss this week).
Lol, that sounds like my Stim mix I told you about Rob. I feel like parking my car and running to the gym:D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would have subbed sooner had I seen this before tonight. Glad to see you doing a log over here.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Lol agreed. Your still alive and kickin, just don't do it again! :p
Lol, that sounds like my Stim mix I told you about Rob. I feel like parking my car and running to the gym:D
Yeah, I won't be trying that combo again. :)
I'm realizing Dexaprine is FANTASTIC for cardio. I'm still messing around to find how it can fit in my preWO stacks.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
I would have subbed sooner had I seen this before tonight. Glad to see you doing a log over here.
Wassup man!

I like it here, its just a bish to 'break into' a new forum. I lurk a lot but don't find much to say.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Catching up.
Wednesday was gym for about 30 minutes of cardio, then I rode my bicycle around the block for another 15 minutes.

Thursday was gym for light back and 20 minutes on the stationary bike.

Today was the real bike for 30 minutes around the neighborhood. I have a loop that takes 7-8 minutes, 4 laps makes for a nice LISS session. I haven't been on the bike much in months. I have the legs and the lungs, but my wrists and elbows hurt. I'm not used to that position right now.