BDCC's PES AnaBeta-01 Log

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was chosen to be one of the beta testers for the PES supplement AnaBeta-01. I have been told nothing about the supplement other than what has been mentioned on the forums, no further information has been disclosed to me privately. I commend PES for this decision as they obviously put faith in their products, I wouldn't have been able to find anything else out even if I tried.

Thank you to Josh for picking me, especially as it is the first product sample from the States which I have received without having to pay anything to receive it, very generous indeed.

Background Information:
I am a Personal Trainer from England. I do not take any form of AAS. I do some very occasional photoshoots for fitness modelling so tend to keep my body fat low consistently. I never bulk and raise my body fat past 11-12% and cut back down, I add muscle at a slower pace but keep my body fat in check.

Statistics:
Height- 6' 0"
Weight- 83kg (taken this morning after going to the toilet, before eating breakfast)
Skinfolds- I am not getting these done. I am absolutely meticulous with skinfold procedures and the only other Biosignature practitioner in my county lives almost an hour away, I would not be able to get them done consistently and if I can't do them right, I won't do them at all- I am not going to guess and measure my own.
Measurements- I have an accumeasure tape so I can measure myself. There is a huge degree of human error in this so although I know some of my readings, I won't put them up as it is fairly easy to misjudge. I have taken a flexed bicep reading today on my right arm of 16.75".

Due to serious illness last year I lost 24kg in a few months. I will not go into details on it because I don't want it to become a defining feature. I am not on any form of medication or treatment and do not currently suffer with anything. I only mention this because I atrophied a lot and my legs are still nowhere near as strong as they were as my joints make it hard to get back into the heavier lifting due to severe thigh weakness.

Current Supplement Regime:
- AnaBeta-01 one capsule QID to start off with
- Multivitamin
- B Vitamins
- Creatine
- Amino acid tablets
- Waxy maize starch
- L-Carnitine

Pre Workout:
- Caffeine
- Ephedrine

Intra Workout:
- BCAAs
- Beta-Alanine

Post Workout:
- Brown Rice Protein
- Maltodextrin
- Dextrose

I have stopped taking Testofen, K-R-Ala and my pre workout generic NO product to allow for a more accurate evaluation.

Nutrition:
I am a relatively low carb dieter. I simply do not digest a lot of starches very well therefore do not eat any form of wheat, gluten or dairy (obviously not a starch) due to sensitivities to them. Carbs can come in the form of rice, potatoes, buckwheat (pancakes, gluten free products used as cheat meals) and other gluten free grains. I take BRP with WMS as meal replacement drinks as I digest WMS ok and don't get such a heavy blood sugar crash as I do if I use maltodextrin.

Training:
I am starting a new training regime to suit the reported nutrient shuttling, anabolic and fat loss properties of AnaBeta-01. This is going to be an accumulation phase of a higher volume hypertrophy split with incomplete rest periods.

I will be doing Chest/Back, Legs, Off, Arms, Off, Repeat (training 3 times on a 5 day cycle). It gives me wiggle room with my girlfriend so if I miss the legs session I do it on the third day instead and don't lose any days worth of training. More details of each training session will be posted as I go.

This is my first log. I was told photos would be a bonus although I didn't think it was likely to have a visible difference in four weeks. I have counted my capsules and make 151 (crammed to the top of the bottle) giving my 37 full days of the product.

Feel free to ask any questions as I go along, I intend it to be as informative as possible.

Let's get this started!

P.S. The photo was taken within 20 minutes of receiving my bottle in the post this morning. I had not eaten anything or worked out.

I appreciate the quality isn't crystal clear but it is the biggest mirror in my house and if I take it on my phone I can ensure the conditions stay the same when I take more. The lighting is the natural lighting in our house, it was not created for dramatic effect lol.

Attachments

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

This is my last full day on AnaBeta so here is my final review. I have four capsules left, one for tonight and three for tomorrow.

Starting weight: 83kg
Finishing weight: 85kg
Weight Increase 2kg/4.4lbs

Total run- 37 days.

Objective Notes:
-My weight peaked yesterday at 86kg which is very high for me, not a weight I ever fluctuate to normally. My final weight this morning was 85kg so it is only right I record my final weight. All weights were recorded in the morning after going to the toilet and before I consumed anything, solid or liquid.
- My flexed arm measurement increased between .3" and .4". Both measurements were taken in the morning, before training or any physical exertion and without any form of additional supplementation like NO products.
- My flexed arm measurement is at it's highest ever
- My weight is higher than it ever is at this level of body fat. AnaBeta has pushed me into new territories regarding weight and arm measurements.
- My flexed arm measurement after training went up to 17.25" which is also the highest it has ever been as well as being a bigger difference between post training and pre training measurements.

Subjective Notes:
- The appetite increase was absolutely ferocious at the beginning. Within a week or so I was seriously contemplating dropping the dosage because it was hard to handle. I could eat a breakfast of steak and eggs and feel hungry within an hour. The appetite increase started slowing down towards the end of the run. They were so severe that if I waited an hour and a half after eating before I trained I often felt like my stomach was empty until the point of nausea, even if I had filled the 90 minutes carb with a waxy maize starch and brown rice protein shake 30 minutes prior to training.
- It felt like I was craving carbs. I would finish my normal meat based meals and have to keep eating. I used things like dark chocolate covered rice cakes as post meal snacks for when I was still hungry.
- I felt that it had strong nutrient partitioning effects. Either glucose disposal or insulin regulation. I bumped my post workout shake to 150g of carbohydrates from a 50:50 blend of dextrose and maltodextrin and felt no adverse effects on blood sugar beyond what is normal post training for me.
- I was not on a low carb routine prior to going on AnaBeta. I had no weight rebound the morning following higher carb days so the weight gained was not simply a rebound of glycogen storage. I tested this on multiple occasions and didn't find any acute weight gain. I did however find that my weight increased more consistently when carbs were high and when I slipped back into a lower carb routine my weight started declining.
- I think I could have put more weight on if it wasn't a psychological barrier. I am a very clean eater and found it hard psychologically to want to eat again an hour after a meal. I am confident that if someone was using this who was happy to eat consistently and as much as they craved they would have much more dramatic increases in weight.
- Vascularity during training was more pronounced.
- I felt slightly fuller in general at all times. Not very noticeable but something was there.

Personal Opinion:
I enjoyed my run of this very much. I used to stay around 84kg consistently and would almost never fluctuate in weight at all, even after carb ups. When I went to 85kg it seemed out of the ordinary, I was very pleased with this as it was a 2kg increase very early on. When I peaked at 86kg yesterday I knew it was undeniably to do with AnaBeta. It is possible that when I weigh myself tomorrow that I would be at 86kg again but it is only fair to do the review as objectively as possible so took my morning weight at the time of writing this.

I can conservatively take a .3" increase on my arm measurement and a 2kg increase in weight. I look slightly sharper which would indicate a slight drop in bodyfat with a higher net gain of lean body mass than the weight recorded. To most people this would not sound groundbreaking but to a natural athlete who eats clean and keeps their bodyfat low (no dirty bulking excuse for junk food here) it is far from it. I never get this much of a fluctuation and 4lbs~ in 5 weeks would work out to be 40lbs~ increase per year assuming a linear growth pattern, not a percentage growth pattern. Keeping at the same bodyfat I can safely say this is something I would be happy to take using my current condition as a starting point.

Would I recommend it? Yes.

Would I buy it out of my own money? Yes.

That is it. No hype, no frills, nothing other than facts.

Attachments

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am happy to experiment with dosing should you want me to.

I am going to wait about 30 minutes, take a BRP and WMS shake, my second dose and my stimulants and go and do chest and back.

I have only taken one capsule, have not urinated more or noticed anything different apart from a weirdly dry mouth. The feeling you had the morning after drinking ****tails or drinks with artificial sweeteners in them.

Unusual for me as I drink copious amounts of water usually and haven't consumed anything that I don't consume regularly- I am a man of routine. I will see if it continues.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching.

~Rosie~

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, here is my new chest and back programme which I did the first workout of just now.

A1) 60 Degree Incline Neutral Grip Dumbbell Bench Press 10 seconds rest
A2) Flat Neutral Grip Dumbbell Bench Press 10 seconds rest
A3) Chest Dips 10 seconds rest
A4) Flat Bench Pronated Grip Dumbbell Flyes 180 seconds rest.

All exercises were 3 x 8-12 with 3-0-1-0 tempo.

B1) Narrow Parallel Grip Pull Ups 10 seconds rest
B2) Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 10 seconds rest
B3) Wide Grip Lean Back Lat Pulldown 10 seconds rest
B4) Flat Bench Dumbbell Pullover 180 seconds rest

All exercises were 3 x 8-12 with 3-0-1-0 tempo.

The workout took around 45 minutes and was hard work with such a high workload density. The high volume should work with AnaBeta-01's nutrient partitioning effects as I have the view of you work hard to earn your carbs. The pump from this workout was fairly extreme so if the supplement adds to it I may be in trouble with it hindering my performance. Time will tell.

I took 150g of carbs (dextrose and maltodextrin) post workout with 75g of BRP. The carbs are higher than I run usually to see what I could get away with post workout. I felt a little sick from them for 15 minutes or so but nothing major.

Definitely have dry mouth more than usual. I keep swallowing to try and bring some moisture back. No noticeable increase in thirst.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First number is the eccentric, second is a pause, third is concentric and fourth is a pause.

In this instance it would be 3 seconds down on the dumbbell press, 0 second pause, 1 second concentric on the way up and no pause at the top.

I forget to explain it because it becomes second nature but it isn't something people are used to. The joy of training under Charles Poliquin lol. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey bdcc! I'll be following ;)
Good to have you on board mate. I am unknown on these forums so having some big names following is very flattering.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I urinated three times in the space of 30 minutes after training which is a little more than usual for me. I wasn't going to note it because it was so soon and I wasn't 100% sure it was out of the ordinary enough to note.

I have had no more to drink and have been to the toilet another three times since then making 6 in total. This is definitely not normal for me. Something tells me I am going to wake up in the middle of the night lol.

Edit: Urinated seven times in total between my workout and the next time I had a drink (one sip to swallow my capsule in 4 hours total). I didn't even go this much taking diuretics before a photoshoot lol.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I urinated three times in the space of 30 minutes after training which is a little more than usual for me. I wasn't going to note it because it was so soon and I wasn't 100% sure it was out of the ordinary enough to note.

I have had no more to drink and have been to the toilet another three times since then making 6 in total. This is definitely not normal for me. Something tells me I am going to wake up in the middle of the night lol.
I know others are getting the dry mouth in the morning.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First number is the eccentric, second is a pause, third is concentric and fourth is a pause.

In this instance it would be 3 seconds down on the dumbbell press, 0 second pause, 1 second concentric on the way up and no pause at the top.

I forget to explain it because it becomes second nature but it isn't something people are used to. The joy of training under Charles Poliquin lol. :)
This is why I gave you props in the other thread, because you are methodical and dedicated.

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
In for the ride as well :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to follow
heere I am
In for the ride as well :)
Watching.

~Rosie~
Welcome! :)

As I thought I might, I woke up in the night with an intense urge to go and urinate. This is the first time it has happened in a couple of weeks i.e. out of character for me.

I have woken up, made a shake of BRP and WMS (flavoured with plain cocoa and rice milk) with my first serving of AnaBeta-01. I decided to go for this as my breakfast tends to be low carb.

Leg training later. Chest and back was hard work, I am either going to opt for a giant set of 4 exercises for quads and 4 for hamstrings or do a giant set of 4 exercises that cover both and then do another giant set for calves.

If I stick in squats, deadlifts etc the chances I am going to do 8 exercises to the point of failure on all of them is very slim. It may be one of those moments of biting off more than I can chew and regretting it when I am half way through, sitting in the toilet wondering if I will throw up lol.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Breakfast- Rump steak with two free range eggs.

Attachments

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 hours after I finished eating that breakfast and an orange afterwards my plan was to have a BRP/WMS shake and go straight to the gym.

I feel so hungry I actually feel sick. I have had to throw some more food on the grill because there is no way I could train like this, shakes for me are to add calories to your food regime, not to replace it. I have them when I am not hungry or food will take an hour to cook.

It is like waking up the morning after you have had a heavy night and you feel so hollow you feel nauseous. I didn't expect much in the way of appetite increases from this but I never feel this hungry less than 3 hours after eating steak and eggs. If this continues I make a recommendation to anyone who wants to eat clean to keep quick cook food on hand, this is the type of thing that would make you rush into your local generic fast food place and have three servings.

I am desperately looking for something to eat now but don't have any clean choices so will have to be patient. If I make gluten free pancakes before I train I will want to fall into my insulin/serotonin coma...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New leg programme started today.

A1) Snatch Grip Deadlift 3-1-1-0 10 seconds rest
A2) 45 Degree Leg Press 3-0-1-0 10 seconds rest
A3) Hack Squat Machine 3-0-1-0 10 seconds rest
A4) Sumo Stance Deadlift 3-1-1-0 180 seconds rest
All exercises are 3 x 8-12.

B1) Iso-Lateral Leg Extension 3-0-1-0 10 seconds rest
B2) Horizontal Hack Squat Calf Raises 3-0-1-0 10 seconds rest
B3) Donkey Calf Raises 3-0-1-0 10 seconds rest
B4) Plantar-Flexed Seated Leg Curl 3-0-1-0 120 seconds rest
All exercises are 3 x 8-12

I set myself a hard target with the first four exercises and they absolutely battered me. By the third set on the sumo deadlift I hit 2 reps because my lower back pump was so severe.

I didn't want to finish there but physically couldn't do anything worth while involving my lower back as a stabiliser (I struggled to carry a 25kg plate back to the rack because it was so bad). This is why the last 4 exercises are much more easier than the first four.

Appetite is ridiculous, I can't remember if I have ever felt this hungry throughout the day. I felt sick with hunger 2 hours after breakfast so delayed my gym session to eat again. I felt sick within an hour after finishing the gym because I was ravenous, usually eating an hour after such a big shake is a bit of a chore.

150g carbs (dextrose and maltodextrin mix), 70g BRP.

I planned to go to the gym earlier today because I carb up after gym sessions to avoid lethargy when training and I felt like I needed carbs very early in the day. Carb up for the rest of the evening.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Appetite is ridiculous, I can't remember if I have ever felt this hungry throughout the day. I felt sick with hunger 2 hours after breakfast so delayed my gym session to eat again. I felt sick within an hour after finishing the gym because I was ravenous, usually eating an hour after such a big shake is a bit of a chore.

150g carbs (dextrose and maltodextrin mix), 70g BRP.

I planned to go to the gym earlier today because I carb up after gym sessions to avoid lethargy when training and I felt like I needed carbs very early in the day. Carb up for the rest of the evening.
Maybe train first, LOL. Appetite only gets more ridiculous the longer you use AnaBeta-01, and after the first dose and training, it's like being a never-ending food monster every hour on the hour (if not more!) - I'm used to never being full, but this was different, like there was no end to the usually never-ending pit, like I kept needing to fuel the fire :firedevil:

~Rosie~

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe train first, LOL. Appetite only gets more ridiculous the longer you use AnaBeta-01, and after the first dose and training, it's like being a never-ending food monster every hour on the hour (if not more!) - I'm used to never being full, but this was different, like there was no end to the usually never-ending pit, like I kept needing to fuel the fire :firedevil:

~Rosie~
Interesting feedback, thank you. I have always been someone who ate clean and even cheat meals were planned refeeds rather than pizzas etc. I haven't had a pizza or fast food takeaway in maybe 4 years.

Did you find there was anything which your body craved more? Some people have said they crave carbs when others said their sugar cravings went down dramatically.

I don't think I could fill myself up on a lower carb diet with this. I feel hungry within an hour or so of eating and hungry to the point of feeling sick within two.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You may want to lower to 3 caps if it is that potent on you. Just keep an eye on it

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting feedback, thank you. I have always been someone who ate clean and even cheat meals were planned refeeds rather than pizzas etc. I haven't had a pizza or fast food takeaway in maybe 4 years.

Did you find there was anything which your body craved more? Some people have said they crave carbs when others said their sugar cravings went down dramatically.

I don't think I could fill myself up on a lower carb diet with this. I feel hungry within an hour or so of eating and hungry to the point of feeling sick within two.
No worries, bud :)

Not proud to admit it, but I've never been a clean eater, LOL - I still deal very much with eating far too much than I should, never have had to worry about it when I was younger, and easily consuming in excess of 10,000 calories a day when I was cycling. In saying that, I am a true carb addict, and my body craves them - give me fruit and I'll want to eat the supermarket, LOL. Seriously, I was eating whatever was in the cupboards and fridge, anything and everything, whether I particularly cared for it or not (mostly not, but it was there and I was hungry).

I could never do a low carbohydrate diet for much longer than 5-7 days, honestly. Only recently though, I have started to manipulate my carbohydrate type (not having - or not often - the carbohydrate sources that I know upsets my body) and consumption timing (around training) more effectively for optimal results and appetite control. I'm still very much a work in progress when it comes to discipline re my nutrition, but I'm getting there, especially since my health very much requires the change and no more abuse of my body.

~Rosie~

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You may want to lower to 3 caps if it is that potent on you. Just keep an eye on it
I am going to up my carbs a lot today. I have some gluten and dairy free coconut and dark chocolate macaroons which would be 1200 calories for the pack and 150g of sugar. I also have some dark chocolate (dairy free) rice cakes and some fruit and nut bars. I will load up and see if it curbs the cravings. At the moment they are ridiculous but I like upping the carbs as much as possible until I see my body fat increasing so this will allow me to do so and see how I get on. If it gets worse or intolerable I will try 2 post workout with an even higher carb shake and one capsule twice for the rest of the day. If that fails then cut down to three. This is crazily potent, I have literally never felt so hungry and I am less than 36 hours in.

No worries, bud :)

Not proud to admit it, but I've never been a clean eater, LOL - I still deal very much with eating far too much than I should, never have had to worry about it when I was younger, and easily consuming in excess of 10,000 calories a day when I was cycling. In saying that, I am a true carb addict, and my body craves them - give me fruit and I'll want to eat the supermarket, LOL. Seriously, I was eating whatever was in the cupboards and fridge, anything and everything, whether I particularly cared for it or not (mostly not, but it was there and I was hungry).

I could never do a low carbohydrate diet for much longer than 5-7 days, honestly. Only recently though, I have started to manipulate my carbohydrate type (not having - or not often - the carbohydrate sources that I know upsets my body) and consumption timing (around training) more effectively for optimal results and appetite control. I'm still very much a work in progress when it comes to discipline re my nutrition, but I'm getting there, especially since my health very much requires the change and no more abuse of my body.

~Rosie~
That is why I go lower carb. If I consume grains I start feeling inflamed, I get bloated, joints start aching and injuries start popping up. Ironically I get on better with sugar as a carb source than any of the 'healthy' sources like whole wheat and oats.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is why I go lower carb. If I consume grains I start feeling inflamed, I get bloated, joints start aching and injuries start popping up. Ironically I get on better with sugar as a carb source than any of the 'healthy' sources like whole wheat and oats.
Nothing wrong with sugar from fruit - I love fruit! I've primarily been getting my complex carbohydrates from basmati rice - a 10 pound bag doesn't last very long when you have a cup several times a day, LOL.

~Rosie~

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is quite a weird feeling, I have polished off a normal sized plate of homemade beef chili (tomato passata, herbs etc) and knew I would want something afterwards. I am just over half way through my pack of macaroons so an extra 600 calories more than I would usually consume and I have that slight nauseous feeling when you go too far on a carb up but my stomach doesn't feel full.

My mind says "you know you have had enough" but my stomach feels like it hasn't even ingested anything.

I am going to a friends house for about 3 hours as soon as I finish food. Usually I would wait to eat when I get back but I am going to take a hefty BRP + WMS shake with some high carb snacks and then have homemade chicken curry (chicken, coconut milk and authentic Thai curry paste) waiting for me as soon as I get back.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day three today was a day off from training.

- Appetite was increased but nowhere near as fierce as it has been after training sessions. I have been on a lower carb day and managed it fairly well without much in the way of cravings
- Dry mouth is not noticeable today
- No noticeable urination increase
- No other side effects

Arms tomorrow. Carbs on hand in case I feel as ravenous as I did yesterday.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yo that's crazy that you eat lots of sugars and gain no fat. But gain fat or get bloated from whole grains huh? What's a typical daily diet look like for you buddy?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yo that's crazy that you eat lots of sugars and gain no fat. But gain fat or get bloated from whole grains huh? What's a typical daily diet look like for you buddy?
Just sayin', fruit and sugars aren't what cause fat gain, LOL - eating beyond energy needs and/or lean mass gain caloric requirements does - and bloating can be caused by anything an individual is sensitive or intolerant to.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just sayin', fruit and sugars aren't what cause fat gain, LOL - eating beyond energy needs and/or lean mass gain caloric requirements does - and bloating can be caused by anything an individual is sensitive or intolerant to.
So you're saying if I swapped out my Oats, Brown rice and WW bread & pastas for sugars instead I wouldn't gain fat?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're saying if I swapped out my Oats, Brown rice and WW bread & pastas for sugars instead I wouldn't gain fat?
Not saying that at all - although, if you were eating under Maintenance doing that, then it's unlikely you would gain anything. No individual is alike, and just as with training, everyone has to find the "best" and most optimal nutritional method for them, their body, goals and needs.

~Rosie~

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not saying that at all - although, if you were eating under Maintenance doing that, then it's unlikely you would gain anything. No individual is alike, and just as with training, everyone has to find the "best" and most optimal nutritional method for them, their body, goals and needs.

~Rosie~
Ok, gotcha ;)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol, this is like reading my own thoughts/experiences.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I maybe phrased that badly so will summarise my ethos on it to clear things up.

- For me, I must be lean to deserve high carb treats
- I went low carb and had one refeed (not cheat) meal once every five days until I was sub 10% body fat
- I digest gluten badly, although a functional medicine test did not identify any allergy to gliadin I get gastrointestinal upset (although mild in some cases) with almost any grain. Gluten free are my only options, rice, quinoa, buckwheat, potatoes are my main starch sources.
- When I cheat, I tend to do it with sugary foods rather than starchy foods because I react badly when I eat junk. There are very few gluten and dairy free cheat meals available so what I class as a 'cheat' is a refeed by most people's standards.
- Examples of refeed foods for me are; coconut macaroons, buckwheat pancakes, brown rice and sweet potatoes.

I am definitely someone who has adapted and functions best on low carbs, if I have a small portion of brown rice with my meat for breakfast I spend all day with fluctuating blood sugar and feel the need to take a nap within a couple of hours. This is why I try and take in these foods after training only. If I had chicken and brown rice for breakfast rather than steak and nuts I have the training drive of someone who has just taken a mild herbal sleep aid lol.

It isn't that I would get fat necessarily if I eat grains, I mean bloated as in GI bloating rather than a 'bloated' look.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was the first arm workout of the new routine. Here it is;

A1) Reverse EZ Scott Curls 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
A2) EZ Scott Curls 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
A3) Scott Zottman Curls 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
A4) Seated Hammer Curls 3-0-1-0 120 seconds
All exercises are 8-12 reps

B1) 45 Degree Incline DB Tricep Extensions 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
B2) Flat Bench DB Tricep Extensions 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
B3) Flat Bench Narrow Grip EZ Extensions 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
B4) Seated Narrow Grip Overhead EZ Extensions 3-0-1-0 120 seconds
All exercises are 8-12 reps.

Workout was hard, a fierce pump in the arms which is to be expected. The weights are extremely light compared to what I am used to doing which is why I chose a routine like this, as an acculumation phase following an intensification phase.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout was hard, a fierce pump in the arms which is to be expected. The weights are extremely light compared to what I am used to doing which is why I chose a routine like this, as an acculumation phase following an intensification phase.
Even using lighter (or what you might consider "light") weights, one can still complete an intense session if they know how! Looks like you did just that :thumbsup:

~Rosie~

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The weights used on the third time through the giant set were ridiculously light. I am absolutely not used to this system of training at all so it took me to school.

Usually my tri-sets are much higher intensity with only one exercise being in a 12 rep range.

Today is an off day today. Here is my summary so far.

- Appetite increase is undeniable. The time it takes from eating to feeling hungry again is definitely less than it is usually. Rather than going 2.5 hours and wondering what I am going to eat there have been occasions where I am ravenous by the 2 hour mark.
- Urination was crazy on one day only. Since then I don't think I go more than normal.
- Hunger after the gym especially has gone up, even though I have bumped the carbohydrate portion of my post workout shake up to 150g (almost 2g/kg bodyweight)
- Carbohydrate cravings have gone up

I don't feel like I am making the most of this yet. I am not used to wanting to eat so much so need to cook large meals in advance and have something I can warm up when I am hungry rather than cooking when I start to feel hungry because that half an hour waiting for something to cook sometimes feels like hours because I am so hungry.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was the second session of chest and back. It was hard as I was very sore in both brachialis muscles to the point that chin ups were quite painful just to perform.

Strength improvements were in all chest exercises and in all back exercises however there was a sharper drop off curve on both bodyweight exercises (chest dips and narrow parallel grip pull ups).

Appetite has stayed high. Not painfully high like it was on the first couple of days but definitely higher than normal. I have bought some high carb snacks to make sure I have some on hand as well as 5kg of BRP and WMS arriving tomorrow so I have carb/protein shakes to take with me when I go out to keep my appetite satisfied when no food is available and to tame what can be, fairly severe cravings.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even using lighter (or what you might consider "light") weights, one can still complete an intense session if they know how! Looks like you did just that :thumbsup:

~Rosie~
I am gutted you quoted me on something when I had a spelling mistake in there so I couldn't go back and edit it without people noticing lol.

"Accumulation" :smashfreakB:

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today is my 7th day on AnaBeta-01. Here is my summary so far.
- Weight is 82kg. -1kg from starting weight (standard fluctuation for me). Weighed myself first thing in the morning between the toilet and breakfast as I did before.
- Arm measurement is the same which is expected
- Most noticeable effect has been a huge increase in appetite. I can't work out when it peaks as sometimes it is much more obvious than others. Breakfast appears to be one of the times it is harder to get full. After training has been constant eating on occasion but not on others. I wonder if my copious stimulant intake prior to training blunts this more than it would with other people.
- No noticeable increase in mood which has been reported with other people's logs
- No noticeable thermogenic effects which aren't there for me otherwise (I feel warm on higher carb meals and sweat profusely during training when I take stimulants as I am now)
- In terms of body composition I think I am going to put a photo in around the half way mark as I am confident I am already looking slightly sharper even after the first week. My girlfriend was spending the week in another city and said I was looking wider when she saw me compared to last week.

I am waiting for the mechanic to tell me when my car is done and then I will go straight to the gym for legs before going to a friends for a barbecue later to get a firm bump on my caloric intake for the day while socialising (no alcohol involved as it is a requirement for this log and I don't tend to drink more than about 3 times per year anyway).

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Due to an error on the mechanic's behalf my car wasn't ready and I did my legs session yesterday instead (one of the reasons I train 3 out of 5 days, it gives me versatility to move one of the sessions if something unforeseen arises).

The leg session was extremely hard, I had to lie down on two occasions between my giant sets because the pump in my lower back was so extreme. I don't know how much the AnaBeta-01 contributes to this but I can see it is the most painful lower back pump I have ever experienced including doing 6-12-25 routines on the posterior chain.

My workout capacity was better, I managed to get all 12 sets of the A exercises within the given rep range.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Due to an error on the mechanic's behalf my car wasn't ready and I did my legs session yesterday instead (one of the reasons I train 3 out of 5 days, it gives me versatility to move one of the sessions if something unforeseen arises).

The leg session was extremely hard, I had to lie down on two occasions between my giant sets because the pump in my lower back was so extreme. I don't know how much the AnaBeta-01 contributes to this but I can see it is the most painful lower back pump I have ever experienced including doing 6-12-25 routines on the posterior chain.

My workout capacity was better, I managed to get all 12 sets of the A exercises within the given rep range.
I'm thinking there is some correlation as I had the same issue with my oly lifts. (back pumps)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arms session today. The pump was very extreme. After my first giant set on my biceps I found it quite hard to flex my arm just to take a drink.

Improvement across the board except with the zottman curls, I found the pump very intense in my brachialis which crippled my performance on the exercise quite a lot. It is possible to attribute this to the AnaBeta-01 because it is extremely rare I won't improve on every exercise in the gym, especially the second session into the new programme with all variables kept the same. I haven't done this programme without the AnaBeta-01 so although it is possible, I could not say for definite that this is causing the crippling pumps. I think it is more than likely to be a factor.

Looking good while training though. A couple of my friends who I train in the same gym as have given me compliments about looking pumped during and after training. I believe I already look better in the mirror hence me proposing to take a photo half way through this bottle rather than wait to the end as I would be curious to see if anyone else notices a difference.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arms session today. The pump was very extreme. After my first giant set on my biceps I found it quite hard to flex my arm just to take a drink.

Improvement across the board except with the zottman curls, I found the pump very intense in my brachialis which crippled my performance on the exercise quite a lot. It is possible to attribute this to the AnaBeta-01 because it is extremely rare I won't improve on every exercise in the gym, especially the second session into the new programme with all variables kept the same. I haven't done this programme without the AnaBeta-01 so although it is possible, I could not say for definite that this is causing the crippling pumps. I think it is more than likely to be a factor.

Looking good while training though. A couple of my friends who I train in the same gym as have given me compliments about looking pumped during and after training. I believe I already look better in the mirror hence me proposing to take a photo half way through this bottle rather than wait to the end as I would be curious to see if anyone else notices a difference.
Hate those forearm pumps :saevilw:

Awesome to see that training is going well!

Progress now would be interesting to see - I definitely believe that you will be able to see it, and again once you have finished AnaBeta-01.

~Rosie~

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm thinking there is some correlation as I had the same issue with my oly lifts. (back pumps)
I have stopped reading the other logs except popping into yours on occasion. My back pumps are so extreme I assume it is down to the AnaBeta-01 because I have done routines which were much more lower back dominant and didn't have anywhere near the same problem.

6 Leg Curls, 12 Cable Pull Throughs, 25 Log Romanian Deadlifts, three times through with two minutes rest at the end of each tri-set. Nothing compared to what it was yesterday.

Hate those forearm pumps :saevilw:

Awesome to see that training is going well!

Progress now would be interesting to see - I definitely believe that you will be able to see it, and again once you have finished AnaBeta-01.

~Rosie~
Strength wise or aesthetics? If people are curious I can post photos up. This log is obviously for the reviews and for other people's benefit more than mine so I am happy to obey reasonable requests.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strength wise or aesthetics? If people are curious I can post photos up. This log is obviously for the reviews and for other people's benefit more than mine so I am happy to obey reasonable requests.
Photos will only show aesthetic changes. Re strength, if you want, you can make a week-by-week comparison table for the important lifts to show this progress.

~Rosie~