AMS Pump Fixx review (sponsored)

1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

AMS Pump Fixx review (sponsored)

Hello. Guess what I found when I came home after work? A tub of AMS Pump Fixx. Thank you, Royd The Noyd & Advanced Muscle Science, for giving me an opportunity to try this product!

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5.84g)
    Servings Per Container: 45
    Amount Per Serving
    Pump Fixx (TM) Proprietary Blend - 3.3 g
    Beta Alanine, Taurine, creatinol-o-phosphate, Arginine alpha ketoglutarate, caffeine anhydrous,
    beta-phenylethylamine, schizandrol-a, halostachine, Geranamine.

Other Ingredients: Potassium bicarbonate, citric acid, sodium bicarbonate, natural and artificial flavors, silica, beet juice concentrate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, red.

What do I think about it?

First impressions
    Well, when I saw the bottle and noticed that it is fruit punch flavoured, I thought: "No, not some disgusting fruit punch **** again!" For the record, I had some very bad experiences with fruit punch flavoured BSN No-Xplode and MRI Black Powder. I puked so many times after taking them.
    I opened a bottle and saw pink powder.. It doesn't have as strong scent as most fruit punch flavoured preworkout-powders do. I mixed 1 scoop (yeah, small doses are enough for me usually) to 7 fluid onces of cold water. Pink powder turned water to red like blood.. And I noticed that thiss stuff is carbonated!

Taste
    It tastes really good, nothing like other fruit punch powder I've tried. Actually I would rank it #2 what it comes to taste, and I've tried seven different preworkout powders (BSN No-Xplode (fruit punch), MRI Black Powder (fruit punch), Jack3d (lemon lime), N.O. Ignite (Grape Frenzy and Tropical Storm) and Launch 4350 (Orange Tang) and Launch is the only one what tastes better IMHO.

Workout
    I was really tired after morning shift and I think I've never needed boost for workout more than I needed today. One scoop was enough to wake me up and give me nice, clean energy without crash or appetite suppression which I consider as a bad thing as I'm bulking. The energy lasted through my workout even now when I decided to train my whole body (normally just half of it). I didn't expect to make any new PR's but damn if I didn't so some good sets! PR's in leg press and incline dumbbel press (that wasn't a surprise because I haven't done it for a long time). I did some good sets at chin-ups too, I did many explosive sets of 2 with 60lbs of extra weight. It felt really easy.. Then I did 11 reps with 25lbs (that isn't my PR but still a good set for me). I did some killer supersets to biceps and triceps too and get some great pump! I'm very impressed so far, this might be the right product to challenge my current favourite pwo-booster but I'll need to do few more workouts before I know what kind of sh!t this really is

Plans
    Next time (Saturday) I'll punish my upper body and maybe do some heavy deadlifts (well, hopefully heavy, last time I failed at it) and take 1.5 scoops of Pump Fixx before it. I'll write more then and do some comparison between this and other pwo-boosters I've tried. Stay tuned!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Sounding good man! Glad you are liking it so far and looking forward to hearing more.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.75%

Woooot! That took a little longer to get to you for some reason, but I'm glad it's there.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

I'm glad too I'm tempted to hit the gym today too but gonna rest til tomorrow and then do some new PR's with help of 1.5 scoops of Pump Fixx!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Pump Fixx IMO is the best PreWO supp out there
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

It seems promising indeed.

I forgot to update this revier/"log" earlier. It seems that Pump Fixx provides very long lasting energy. I felt alert hours after I had finished my workout.. And no crash nor appetite suppression. It did affect to my sleep a little as I didn't feel tired at all when it was time to go to sleep so it took a while before I fell asleep. It would be nice to take one dose of this stuff before going to work at morning but I don't want to take too much stims.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

I trained upper body today and did some deadlifts too.

Good workout, had really good endurance and focus. I took 1.5 scoops of Pump Fixx 30 minutes before workout. Did many PR's and especially longer sets went really well!

I did a few single reps of chin-ups with 85lbs of extra weight. That was really easy. After those singles I did one long sets without any extra weight.. 19 reps with really beautiful form. First it felt like I could do even more. I have never done more than 19 after those heavier sets so this is still some kind of PR.

I sucked at dumbbel bench press.

To the deadlifts then.. I was supposed to do low rep sets with heavy weights but didn't have the right mindset for it because last time I failed at deadlifts... I think I've done low reps for too long. I decided to do long set with 290lbs instead. Managed to do 17 reps (PR) and could've done few more. Gonna continue with long sets from now on, it was really nice!

Then I did some pyramids at military press, it went really well. I haven't done as good at it since last year. Then I did some killer supersets to arms and did better at those than last time!

Can't complain, Pump Fixx treats me very well. My workout lasted 2 hours, never done so long workout before.. Felt like I could continue forever! It seems like Pump Fixx has potential to become me new favourite! I may train legs tomorrow and take 2 scoops of this before workout so stay tuned!
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

OK, I promised to do some comparison between this and other preworkout formulas that I've tried, those are USPLabs Jack3d, BSN No-Xplode, MRI Black Powder, Redefine Nutrition N.O. Ignite and SAN Launch 4350.

I'm gonna be simple with this comparison: I'm gonna rank Pump Fixx to something between #1 and #6, #1 being best and #6 being worst (there is 6 different preworkout formulas that I've tried).

Taste: #2 (SAN Launch 4350 tastes better IMO)
    [B]Endurance/stamina/B]: #1, this is where this seems to shine.. Maybe it's because of creatinol-O-phosphate, there is no that stuff in any other preworkout formulas I've tried?
    Focus, alertness, energy and mood during the workout: #2, SAN Launch seems to be superior compared to any other pwo-powder but side-effects are harsher too. This is much like N.O. Ignite which I'd rank as #2 too.
    Pump: #2, I've been getting really good pumps with this product but I have to say that I've trained with bigger volume now. Launch gives slightly better pumps, probably because of creatine nitrate. This gives me pumps very similar to what N.O. Ignite gives.
    Strength: hard to say, I'm not expecting any strength gains for preworkout powders.. Just better focus, alertness and endurance!
    Side-effects: #1 with Redefine Nutrition N.O. Ignite. Both of them seems to not cause any side-effects like racing heart, jitters, crash and appetite suppression. Jack3d and especially Launch cause bad sides compared to Pump Fixx and N.O. Ignite.
    Overall: #1 or #2, this battle is between Pump Fixx and N.O. Ignite. Only time tells. Pump Fixx is good in all areas and very good what it comes to endurance and lack of side-effects!

Of course these numbers can and will change because I've used this just twice so far. I'll keep you updated.
  9. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

I just came back from gym, it was a leg day

Every muscle of my body felt sore after yesterdays long deadlift set... Especially hamstrings. Still I was able to do some PR's and noticed once again that my endurance is better than usually.. I managed to push few more reps to every working set The best set of front squats was 6x195lbs (yeah, I know that I suck at these) and I'm really happy about form.

Now I'm pretty sure that creatinol-O-phosphate is what makes the difference! I can recommend Pump Fixx for you guys, it's really effective and not so expensive! 1,5 scoops seems to be enough for me, I decided not to go over that today because I will go to bed early because of tomorrows morning shift.. Next weekend I'll try how 2 scoops treat me.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.75%

Quote Originally Posted by g0hardorgohom View Post
    I just came back from gym, it was a leg day

Every muscle of my body felt sore after yesterdays long deadlift set... Especially hamstrings. Still I was able to do some PR's and noticed once again that my endurance is better than usually.. I managed to push few more reps to every working set The best set of front squats was 6x195lbs (yeah, I know that I suck at these) and I'm really happy about form.

Now I'm pretty sure that creatinol-O-phosphate is what makes the difference! I can recommend Pump Fixx for you guys, it's really effective and not so expensive! 1,5 scoops seems to be enough for me, I decided not to go over that today because I will go to bed early because of tomorrows morning shift.. Next weekend I'll try how 2 scoops treat me.
    Nice updates. 2 scoops is about the max dose for myself. Your front squats are solid.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Nice updates. 2 scoops is about the max dose for myself. Your front squats are solid.
    Yeah, tomorrow we'll see how 2 scoops of it treats me. I'm usually very sensitive for stims but I didn't feel uncomfort when I took 1.5 scoops... For the record, 1 scoop of SAN Launch makes my appetite disappear totally and 1.5 scoops of Jack3d makes my heart pound fast for hours.

I took 1.5 scoops of Pump Fixx again at Wednesday when I trained my whole body. It treated me very well, I was full of energy even though I went to gym right after coming home from work. Did some PR's too (best was wide grip chin-ups, 13 reps with 25lbs of extra weight) and did totally sick supersets to my arms. I've never got so painful pump in my arms Strength was good too.
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

Bad news... I just took 1.5 scoops of Pump Fixx and puked right after that! Some preworkout formulas does that for me but this was the first time with Pump Fixx. Never had to puke with Launch or N.O. Ignite, few times with Jack3d and more than I could count with No-Xplode and Black Powder. I don't know why this made me puke.. Not because of the taste, that's for sure.

EDIT: I was totally stupid but I decided to take another dose after puking. Took 1.5 scoops again. Didn't have to puke this time so maybe it was just a coincidense. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I ate enormous breakfast.. But there was more than 1.5 hours between breakfast and Pump Fixx!
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

I had a very good workout and didn't have to puke anymore! Best set in deadlift was 19x300lbs, have never done anything like that!
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%

If you ain't puking you ain't training
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    If you ain't puking you ain't training
    Tru dat! But this time I puked before training I was actually quite surprised because I didn't need to puke after that long deadlift set though it felt like walking through the hell!
  16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.65%

I trained legs today. Took 2 scoops of Pump Fixx before workout... It was a little bit too much, because I noticed some appetite suppression. 1.5 scoops seems to be the "sweet spot" for me so this is quite cost effective stuff.

My hamstrings were so sore after yesterdays long deadlift set so I couldn't give 100% today. But I did okay with front squats. The best set was 5x200lbs, failed to do 6th rep But I'm quite satisfied, 5x200lbs is my new PR

Similar Forum Threads

1. AMS Pump FiXX review
    By StackedCop in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
  2. PUMP FIXX FYI!!!!!!!!
    By JayDee6 in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 01:25 PM
  3. Pump Fixx review
    By g0hardorgohom in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 1