Nad Goes Andro

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little late in starting this log as today is my day 2 already. I am running Androhard at 4 cap a day and 1 cap of Haloplex. After the first week I'll go to 6caps and 2 caps. I just like to see how i'm reacting before i go full on. I also just started doing German Volume Traning last week so i'll be interested in see how that works for me while being ON.

Goals: I plan on eating a just over maintance but with less carbs and more protein. In the hope of some good strenght and lean mass gains.

Stats: Right now i'm About 5'10" 203 i would have to guess that my BF is around 12-14%.

PCT: I have Torem probly run for 3wk staring a 60 mg and tapering down. I also have the Full TRS stack from PP. Last time i used the oral which worked for me but I'm trying the Topical this time to see how they compare.

I'm taking Before and after pic's but i don't know if i'll post them or just keep for personal referance.

So far hard to say i had good energy yesterday even though i didn't use my regular prework out.

Work out:

Squat 165 10x10 superseted with
Seated calf raise 150 10x10
Hanging leg raise 3x15

I finished all set with out to much trouble so i'll go up 10 in squat and i might change the calve raise to something else next week. I'm still figureing out what the best weight for the GVT is. I'll try to keep this updated atleast a few times a week. So any coments or pointers are welcome. I'm still fairly new to this so lmk.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in bro. Good luck and I'm sure you're gonna love this!

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Just got back from the Gym. Today was chest and back day
Flat bench 155 10x10 superset with
One Arm Rows 50 10x10
Incline db flyes 40 3x10
Back Flyes 90 3x10

Still having a hard time Finding the right weight that is going to bring me to failure on my last set. Next week i'm going up 5lbs on bench and 5lbs on rows. I might even consider going up 10lbs if i'm not that sore in a day or two. If i finish with out much trouble i'll up my finishing exercises. Any one have good sucess with the GVT method or any sugestions.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go Nad...

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Go Nad...
NICE Thats actually where the nick name came from.When i was in highschool there was a Beavis and Butthead episode that we used to joke about where one of them dressed as a gonad for Halloween and went around saying "Hey, how's it going i'm a nad" Since my name is Dan the nick name stuck. At track events they used to yell "Go Nad"

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Made it. Okay Nad, time to do some damage.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for this! German Volume training you say - I say awesome! I did that a few years back and it treated me really good. Hope it treats you well too :thumbsup:

//CC

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Go Nad! In to follow!
Thanks welcome
Made it. Okay Nad, time to do some damage.
That what i do best :firedevil:

Yo Yo! Definitely in to follow!
Nice to have a group of veterans along to give some advice

I'm in for this! German Volume training you say - I say awesome! I did that a few years back and it treated me really good. Hope it treats you well too :thumbsup:
//CC
Thank i think that i need to man up and really push my self with this training style. Keep thinking that i'm using a good weight until the last set then i feel i had more to give. For some reason set's 6-8 seem as hard or harder than 9,10 by the end i just get in a zone and i almost don't even want to finish. Next week i'll up the weight and try to really do some damage.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Question:

Right now i get up at 6:00 or 6:15 am and take my first dose right away. I hit them gym at 12:00 pm what time should i take my second dose. The recomended is 6-8 hr but normaly i will take 30-45min before going to the gym. That only gives me 5-5.5hr between doses. What do you guys think?

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank i think that i need to man up and really push my self with this training style. Keep thinking that i'm using a good weight until the last set then i feel i had more to give. For some reason set's 6-8 seem as hard or harder than 9,10 by the end i just get in a zone and i almost don't even want to finish. Next week i'll up the weight and try to really do some damage.
Yeah I know the feeling. I used to feel like I had more to give all the time when trying to find my weight. It can be difficult to find the exact max weight for 10x10 so I settled for a weight that let me do the first 5 sets for 10 and reps started declining with each set thereafter. Like 10,10,10,10,10,9,9,8,8,7 or something along those lines. As long as my reps/set didn't go below 6
Question:

Right now i get up at 6:00 or 6:15 am and take my first dose right away. I hit them gym at 12:00 pm what time should i take my second dose. The recomended is 6-8 hr but normaly i will take 30-45min before going to the gym. That only gives me 5-5.5hr between doses. What do you guys think?
I think it's up to you and what you prefer.
I would dose it before workout rather than after, jmho :)

//CC

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I know the feeling. I used to feel like I had more to give all the time when trying to find my weight. It can be difficult to find the exact max weight for 10x10 so I settled for a weight that let me do the first 5 sets for 10 and reps started declining with each set thereafter. Like 10,10,10,10,10,9,9,8,8,7 or something along those lines. As long as my reps/set didn't go below 6

I think it's up to you and what you prefer.
I would dose it before workout rather than after, jmho :)

//CC
Thanks yea i should up it more next week,even if it means not finishing. Ever since i got a nasty pulled muscle (i think it was actually a small tear since it brused ) in my pec about 6 wks ago i've been nervous to really push myself. I just need to push in the set i fell comfortable.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks yea i should up it more next week,even if it means not finishing. Ever since i got a nasty pulled muscle (i think it was actually a small tear since it brused ) in my pec about 6 wks ago i've been nervous to really push myself. I just need to push in the set i fell comfortable.
Yeah, better ease in to it if you've had a tear. Don't wanna go risking injury while on cycle :tragedy:

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
Question:

imo....2-2-2, spread them out, the 2nd dose prewo, the last early evening, i know the label and all, but keeping blood levels stable is more important, and shutdown is shutdown, i dont think not dosing for a particular period will do much in aiding/preventing it

prewo is ideal for those compounds tho

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question:

Yeah I would definitely recommend taking that second dose pre workout. Better to have a little higher blood levels during workout rather than waiting til afterwards and maybe have the levels slightly lower during your workout.

And if they're slightly lower between your last dose no big deal. It's not that big of a difference, only half hour/hour right?

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
imo....2-2-2, spread them out, the 2nd dose prewo, the last early evening, i know the label and all, but keeping blood levels stable is more important, and shutdown is shutdown, i dont think not dosing for a particular period will do much in aiding/preventing it

I might try this after i go to full dose which will be soon.

Yeah I would definitely recommend taking that second dose pre workout. Better to have a little higher blood levels during workout rather than waiting til afterwards and maybe have the levels slightly lower during your workout.

And if they're slightly lower between your last dose no big deal. It's not that big of a difference, only half hour/hour right?
That what i'm doing so far. Taking second dose about 30 min before workout.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Today is a lite day just some cardio abs and hand/forearms.
Good:
So far i'd have to say what i've noticed is less DOMS. I know that it's only day 3 but this time last week when i started GVT by wednesday my leg were toast, so i skip my cardio on the eliptical. Today i actuall did 1.25 miles which is still sucky but better. I also notice that i have more energy at the end of the day. Right now where doing a major software conversion at work. So by then end of they day i'm total shot. But the last few day's even though i have been getting home late i still have some energy. My mood has seemed to be better overall also. Which is nice because i have to over see 5 departments and this new software is completly different and changes how we do just about everything.

Bad:
Only thing to note is i'm already getting back pumps the seem to be the worst when i do cardio. which is why i only did 1.25 miles today. I'll have to go pick up some Taurine and see how that helps. I also used a scoop of Jacked in my intra workout so i'll try cutting that out to see if it help.

Todays workout:

Cardio .75 miles
Leg raises on bench ( till back comes completly off ) 3x15
Those thing kill my abs since i get a full range of motion
Incline side crunch 30lbs 3x16
Cardio .5 mile back pumps where nasty
Hand curl 135x12 155x12 175x12 175x7 135x14

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I love GVT, has treated me well size wise in the past, max strength eh slight gains, muscular endurance and stabilizer strength, yeah buddy. You will like it while on especially due to the increase recovery from the androhard. With the weights I agree, very difficult to find the sweet spot, however if you are going to increase I'd say 5lbs on upper body lifts, 10 lbs on lower body lifts and really focus on a good 3 second negative, you will notice a huge difference, good luck bro.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Where are the wheels?
So your a leg guy huh I just update the pics and added some wheels. I have no idea how to pose or take good pics. Used my phone cause its a easy upload.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established

jmo, I just have to say otherwise....

Not having exogenous hormones in your system by sleep will allow your body to still produce naturally for some time into the cycle making pct easier and gains more maintainable....

Saying shutdown is shutdown pretty much negates the idea behind hcg and everything else you do in pct to restore homeostasis as quickly as possible.

Other then that the dosing plan of 2-2-2 is still a dandy one but I personally wouldn't take that last dose inside of 6 hours from sleep.....

Btw nad, I'm in in this one and jealous your already running it ;)

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
jmo, I just have to say otherwise....

Not having exogenous hormones in your system by sleep will allow your body to still produce naturally for some time into the cycle making pct easier and gains more maintainable....

Saying shutdown is shutdown pretty much negates the idea behind hcg and everything else you do in pct to restore homeostasis as quickly as possible.

Other then that the dosing plan of 2-2-2 is still a dandy one but I personally wouldn't take that last dose inside of 6 hours from sleep.....

Btw nad, I'm in in this one and jealous your already running it ;)
It takes longer than a few hours for your body to respond to negative feedback and release GnRH. This way would likely have no significant effect on suppression

or else dbol solo cycles would be the rage because of the 4hr half life

if the androseries arent so suppressive being dhea and natural steroids, that aspect may help......but other than that, im not convinced about this

expecting the body to recover during the course of the evening and the night, is not the same as as injecting hcg on cycle, which does stimulate the leydig cells, but is a suppressive drug in its own right

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man I'm doing GVT right now as well! Starting my 5th round tomorrow. WOO it's so killer lol

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I think that the shut down is going to be about the same either way but i like the idea of having the high levels in my system during and right after i hit the gym. I tried the pulse method last time (my first cycle) and i was still shut down hard afterwards. I'm open to changing up the timing once i get a feel for how it working to see what i like. Thats what fun about using a new product you never know what will work best.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Oh man I'm doing GVT right now as well! Starting my 5th round tomorrow. WOO it's so killer lol
I'm half way through my second week still playing with what weight to use. Are you doing each body part every 5 days or are you just doing once a week. I don't get to the gym on the week end so i just do the same day each week and bump up the weight. Being On cycle i feel like i could be doing more though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So your a leg guy huh I just update the pics and added some wheels. I have no idea how to pose or take good pics. Used my phone cause its a easy upload.
I've always been a leg guy. To me, they show true dedication to lifting despite how much it sucks to have a bar on your back or to pull off the floor.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I've always been a leg guy. To me, they show true dedication to lifting despite how much it sucks to have a bar on your back or to pull off the floor.
Can't argue with you there. I've alway thought that leg and back where more important atleast in the "real world" then anything else. Even though my wheels probly don't show it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't argue with you there. I've alway thought that leg and back where more important atleast in the "real world" then anything else. Even though my wheels probly don't show it.
Those are by far the two most important muscle groups, particularly back. People always get pissed when they ask me how to increase their bench and my response is, "How much can you do on BB rows?" You want a big bench or deadlift or squat, get a big, thick back.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Arms

Ezy bar curl 60 10x10 superseted with
Skull crushers 60 10x10
Dips just Bw 3x10
Hammer Curls 40 3x10

Still need to go up in my curls next week i will go to 70 but i don't expect to finish.Not much else to mention except that i had a great pump with out taking any kind of N.O. product before hand.

After looking at my pictures i think that i need to focus more on fat loss than i was planning. So i'm going to cut carbs out completly until after my work out and try to keep them very low on my off days. With a recarb day once a week. Still looking in to how exactly i want to do this. I've never been to percise on my diet. My diet has mostly been just get enough protein and try to eat mostly healthy.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Those are by far the two most important muscle groups, particularly back. People always get pissed when they ask me how to increase their bench and my response is, "How much can you do on BB rows?" You want a big bench or deadlift or squat, get a big, thick back.
I grew up next to my grandfathers farm and my father had his own small engine repair busness. My grandfather or my father didn't have big arms or even legs but they could pick a 300lbs engine off the ground and think nothing of it. Most people at a gym don't really care about useable strenght just putting up big numbers in a few certain lifts.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I grew up next to my grandfathers farm and my father had his own small engine repair busness. My grandfather or my father didn't have big arms or even legs but they could pick a 300lbs engine off the ground and think nothing of it. Most people at a gym don't really care about useable strenght just putting up big numbers in a few certain lifts.
There is a huge difference between functional strength and gym strength, it's part of the challenge with properly training athletes it needs to convert.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you Nad i want to be functionally strong as well!

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a huge difference between functional strength and gym strength, it's part of the challenge with properly training athletes it needs to convert.
What do you think would be some good movements/excercises to help the gym strength crossover to real world strength?

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you think would be some good movements/excercises to help the gym strength crossover to real world strength?
It starts with the core and grip strength. I have grappled with guys that are 150 lbs and would be up embarrassing numbers in the gym, but are EXTREMELY difficult to move because they have wrestled for 15 years. There is something about the core strength that you get from judo, wrestling, and BJJ combined with their vice-like grip.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Deffinitly, I guess thats why i like to watch the strongman. There strength is more impressive to me then most Powerlifting. Its like comparing apples to pears but i find it more interesting.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
It starts with the core and grip strength. I have grappled with guys that are 150 lbs and would be up embarrassing numbers in the gym, but are EXTREMELY difficult to move because they have wrestled for 15 years. There is something about the core strength that you get from judo, wrestling, and BJJ combined with their vice-like grip.
Agreed, I would add in leg strenght also. You look at a alot of people that have very good strenght from every day working (like many farmers) and they couldn't put up big numbers with benching or curling. As far as exercises i think things like weighted sled's are great for explosive sports like football or even basketball.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
x2. Movements are pretty specific, but grip/core strength is huge for real world strength.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Day 5: (yesterday)

Had to work through lunch and didn't get to the gym till about 5:00
I'd been up since 6:30 and was pretty much wiped by the time i got there. It wasn't a normal GVT day for me so i folled more on the lines of what i have been

Deadlift 135 1x6 225 1x4 315 1x2 365 1x1 375 1x1
Shrugs 225 1x10 315 2x8
Military press 115 3x8
Db shoulder press 50 3x8

Not my best workout but i'm glad that i went even though it was late.
After that i had to go work on the brakes for my car. Didn't get home until about 7:00. The amazing thing is that even after a long stressful day of work and working on my car. I still had energy and was in a good mood when i got home. My wife kept asking why i was so hyper. She knows that usally by Friday when i'm working long hours that i'm total beat at the end of the day. My Diet was off friday because of a company lunch so it has to be the Andro. Between the fact that i seem to recover much faster, more energy and elevated mood. I'm starting to get really hooked on this stuff. I think since it's working as well as this with only 4 cap a day that i'm not going to up the dose next week except for the Haloplex and see about running it for 6 wks instead of 4.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your a buys dude Nad.