Sugar in creatine

azbetterman

Awards
I recently switched creatine powder after realizing the brands I had been using had 33 to 46 gm of sugar per serving.
What I thought was an economical product from my local store turned out to be less than worth the money and loaded with not only sugar but other nasties that doesn't need to be there.

I see a lot of guys saying having that much sugar is fine if you ingest it before working out but I was also using it on my off training days. Some candy bars don't have 30 gm of sugar.

My hope is I will see an improvement in my cutting phase since I'm dropping at least 60gm's of sugar a day.

I'll post before and after pics when I see the results.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
creatine is best taken with carbs.

the more glycogen thats stored the the muscles= more creatine in the muscles.

so the theory goes.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recently switched creatine powder after realizing the brands I had been using had 33 to 46 gm of sugar per serving.
What I thought was an economical product from my local store turned out to be less than worth the money and loaded with not only sugar but other nasties that doesn't need to be there.

I see a lot of guys saying having that much sugar is fine if you ingest it before working out but I was also using it on my off training days. Some candy bars don't have 30 gm of sugar.

My hope is I will see an improvement in my cutting phase since I'm dropping at least 60gm's of sugar a day.

I'll post before and after pics when I see the results.
Its believed the sugar will stimulate an insulin response which is thought to activate creatine transporters to help facilitate creatine uptake into tissue.

If you are cutting cut the sugar filled product

Get some APS creatine nitrate or some bulk mono and stack it with SLINshot, it will help the absorption of the mono so you won't need the sugar.

I LOVE creatine nitrate and that would be my choice

azbetterman

Awards
Thanks for the info guys. I'll definitely tweak my pw shake.
Btw I purchased 'micronized' creatine when I finished my last jug of the other stuff I was taking.
How does that compare to creatine nitrate? In your opinion.

azbetterman

Awards
Ay ay ay... You see how people get confused. One says creatine and carbs.. one says creatine protein... one says creatine and sugar.

azbetterman

Awards
One other thing I've read is that is it best to cycle off creatine once in a while but other information says that's not necessary.
case in point for my weight:
Your Recommended Daily Creatine Use For 10 Weeks

Your Body Weight In Kilograms Is: 98 Kg.

Week 1: 34 Grams Per Day.
Week 2 - 4: 15 Grams Per Day.
Week 5: OFF - No Creatine Use.
Week 6: 34 Grams Per Day.
Week 7: 15 Grams Per Day.
Week 8 - 10: OFF - No Creatine Use.

Then Repeat The Cycle.

Measurement: 5 Grams Is Equal To Approximately One Teaspoon.

azbetterman

Awards
It's been less than a month and I've already noticed a slight difference in my appearance. I'm not reporting any weight change because I'm not trying to lose weight. I want to stay the same weight or even gain some lbs as long as I'm burning fat and gaining muscle. I posted a pic in an album since I can't post pics here yet.

azbetterman

Awards
I posted new pics recently and I still have a long way to go even after using matrix Shred for a month.
I feel that I've made most of my recent progress by changing-up my workout routine.
I will be on a carb restrictive diet (no carbs in the evening) for a week to see how that works for me. I'll also stop using dairy products (lactose).