Volcom's Androlean & Androhard Log

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m very excited to log these products, I’ve been excited about the Androseries since I first heard about them weeks before Christmas. This will also be my very first run of a real PH/PS type of supp.

First off, I have taken pictures of myself today, but I won't post them right, right now. The reason is I’m in the middle of a supplement company cutting contest, but that contest will end before the end of my Androseries run, therefore, I don't want to show my cards yet. It's a transformation contest and I don't want to deflate the shock & awe aspect of my transformation by posting mid-way pics.

What I'll do is I will post pictures in this log mid-way through this log, both at the opening page of the log and in the most current post. I'll post all of today’s front, rear, side pics I took today and dated 03/11/11 and then I'll post my final pictures at the end of this log or some mid-way pics from when the supp company cut contest ends in April. I don't mind posting progression pics in this log after my contest ends, I just don’t want to reveal anything prior to the end of the contest. I’m hoping my final pictures after this cycle will be noticeably improved.

A little about me.
I dable in both bodybuilding and Olympic lifting, so I’ll be curious as to how my strength and my power holds up as I get into the trenches of my cut while on Androlean and Androhard. I’ve lost almost no muscle or at least no strength from my cut from 220 to 205, but that’s because there was a hearty amount of adipose to lose. I think I’m nearing the point of my cut where muscle mass may be in jeopardy once I get sub 200lbs. We’ll see.

A little more about me....

100lbs Db's x 22 reps

450lbs Hammer Incline Press x 5 reps

185lbs Olympic Snatch (poor quality vid)

Cycle Plan for 6 weeks, 8 if I'm inclined.
Androlean 6 caps daily
Androhard 6 caps daily
Lean Xtreme 3 caps daily (I have to have my cort control)

PCT for 4 weeks
Nolva 20/20/10/10 (perhaps not “necessary” but I’m playing it safe)
DAA 15 days on.
Formadrol Xtreme 4 caps daily
Phyto-Test 4 caps daily
PRIME 4 caps daily

Then I’ll be off to Taiwan for 2 weeks to visit the family, where I’ll be bringing 2 bottles of SlinSane because our big family eats together between going eating and the carbs are a plenty.

There’s an Addidas Olympic Gym around the corner from where we’d be staying, but lifting with a 16hour time difference didn’t work out last summer and I don’t expect it will this summer either.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reserved for Pictures

Reserved for pics

I didn't take the time to refeed after going the last 10 days without carbs, so I turned out a bit flat. I apologize I didn't maximize my final shots, but I will post some pics I took the last time I had a refeed about two weeks ago at the very end.

REFEED PICS FROM TWO WEEKS BACK

Last edited:
bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
sub'd ... looking forward to this :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
give it hell, big guy!!! been waiting for this.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd. Interested to see how these hold up.

Good luck!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Barbell Rows; Compound Set to Wide-Parallel Bar Pull Ups
225lbs x 15 reps/BW x 8 reps
315lbs x 10 reps/BW x 8 reps
335lbs x 8 reps/BW x 8 reps
365lbs x 6 reps/BW x 6 reps

Barbell T-Rows; Compound Set to Underhand Pull Ups
180lbs x 15 reps/BW x 8 reps
225lbs x 10 reps/BW x 8 reps
270lbs x 8 reps/BW x 8 reps
315lbs x 6 reps/BW x 8 reps

One Arm Hammer High Rows; Compound Set to One Arm Hammer Pull Downs
180lbs x 8 reps, each arm/180lbs x 8 reps, each arm

Behind The Neck Pull Downs
190lbs x 8 reps
190lbs x 8 reps
190lbs x 8 reps
190lbs x 8 reps

Cardio: Stairclimber 30 mins.

There are a few things worse then performing cardio on a Friday night for me. Anytime during the week isn't bad, because its the thick of the work week and its time to grind, but Friday nights, lifting is easy and preferred, cause there's no one there, but cardio sucks.

Day 1 of Androseries, nothing of note yet, short of the added excitement of being on something, but I wouldn't expect anything palpable following the first dose of anything.

Thanks to everyone for popping in.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You know I will! Thanks for popping in Big, always good to have you around.

I'm interested as well :wink1:
hey, any of your people effected by the earthquake/tsunami?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey, any of your people effected by the earthquake/tsunami?
No. My mom called me and told me she was up all night watching the news and calling our family in Taiwan to stay away from high buildings (and you know Asia only has room to build upward, so everything is a high building; Taipei 101, the world's second tallest structure is in Taiwan), because the Asian news was predicting that the earthquake/tsunami was going to hit Taiwan, but it didn't, thank God. Thanks for axing though.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet I'm in, nice P snatch, be patient with the technique and finish your pull at the top and sit lower and you could easily snatch 100 kilos.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
O HELL YEAH!!!!!! Subbed!

I'm very interested in the Androseries, very awesome you are logging this, Good Luck!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No. My mom called me and told me she was up all night watching the news and calling our family in Taiwan to stay away from high buildings (and you know Asia only has room to build upward, so everything is a high building; Taipei 101, the world's second tallest structure is in Taiwan), because the Asian news was predicting that the earthquake/tsunami was going to hit Taiwan, but it didn't, thank God. Thanks for axing though.
i am very glad to hear that. i have many friends in the philipines, and fortunately they weren't effected either. i bet you were sweating bullets about your mom-i know i would be!!!

hopefully the worst is over, kinda troubling about those nuke reactors in japan though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet I'm in, nice P snatch, be patient with the technique and finish your pull at the top and sit lower and you could easily snatch 100 kilos.
I know. I end way too high, but that's primarily due to the fact I workout 99% of the time at L.A. Fitness, ergo, no Olympic weights, therefore, I can't really risk anything that I might drop. Sitting hams to calves on the Snatch takes time and repetition to build the kind of core strength I'd need to do that, but in those repetitions has to be an allowance of plenty of drops and fails to stand, which is a luxury I don't have.

I work at a private S&C facility, but I only access their facility on Sundays when we're closed to attempt PR's on my O-Lifts. I spend 99% of the time at L.A. Fitness because bodybuilding is my priority. If I were training solely for sports, then I'd more then likely spend most of my time at the S&C facility. I just don't like working out where I work as a general feeling, but I hear you. I can sit under 155 hams to calves, but whenever you drop hams to calves on the snatch, there's not a 100% chance the stand will be successful and again, L.A. Fitness, no dropping weights from an overhead position, even sitting at hams to calves.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
O HELL YEAH!!!!!! Subbed!

I'm very interested in the Androseries, very awesome you are logging this, Good Luck!
I'm very interested in the Androseries too! :wink1: The pills have the look, size and feel of fish oil pills, but smell like citrus, they actually smell pretty good; like grapefruit for obvious reasons.

i am very glad to hear that. i have many friends in the philipines, and fortunately they weren't effected either. i bet you were sweating bullets about your mom-i know i would be!!!

hopefully the worst is over, kinda troubling about those nuke reactors in japan though.
I know... and the last thing their economy needed was a devastating natural disaster. I know Tokyo has a specialized underground, literal whole-city shock absorbers for occasions just as these, but not much you can do against a massive tsunami.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know. I end way too high, but that's primarily due to the fact I workout 99% of the time at L.A. Fitness, ergo, no Olympic weights, therefore, I can't really risk anything that I might drop. Sitting hams to calves on the Snatch takes time and repetition to build the kind of core strength I'd need to do that, but in those repetitions has to be an allowance of plenty of drops and fails to stand, which is a luxury I don't have.

I work at a private S&C facility, but I only access their facility on Sundays when we're closed to attempt PR's on my O-Lifts. I spend 99% of the time at L.A. Fitness because bodybuilding is my priority. If I were training solely for sports, then I'd more then likely spend most of my time at the S&C facility. I just don't like working out where I work as a general feeling, but I hear you. I can sit under 155 hams to calves, but whenever you drop hams to calves on the snatch, there's not a 100% chance the stand will be successful and again, L.A. Fitness, no dropping weights from an overhead position, even sitting at hams to calves.
Ya I can understand that, even if you sit a few more inches you could get under 100 imo. Try doing some overhead squats and get used to range, will help with you core strength as well. I miss going heavy on oly lifts my best P snatch was 175 kilos...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I can understand that, even if you sit a few more inches you could get under 100 imo. Try doing some overhead squats and get used to range, will help with you core strength as well. I miss going heavy on oly lifts my best P snatch was 175 kilos...
GODDANG!! I don't even know if my cleans will ever get that high! Sweet Heysuse that's a lot. Were you competitive?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take the day off to spend with the wife and the board explodes....figures.

Subbed.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just try refraining from making a mess in your pants from laughter when you see my O-lift numbers. You're in a freaky, elite league compared to me in this department. Your numbers are elite, elite. I got a little shrinkage from your PM when you shared your previous Cleans numbers :boggled:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to have you around, Rodja. How's married life treating you?
It's been great. Gained a bit of weight around the Holiday's and post-wedding feasts that I worked off in January. I switched to a full Paleo diet recently while I mend my hand from yet another break. Trying to avoid the rebound weight gain through that and still doing some sprint and Prowler sessions.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just try refraining from making a mess in your pants from laughter when you see my O-lift numbers. You're in a freaky, elite league compared to me in this department. Your numbers are elite, elite. I got a little shrinkage from your PM when you shared your previous Cleans numbers :boggled:
We all gotta start somewhere:D Keep with it man even for just the overall benefit of the lifts!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GLAD there are pics mayhaps it will put my skepticism to rest

subd

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very interested to see what your take is on the Androseries.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been great. Gained a bit of weight around the Holiday's and post-wedding feasts that I worked off in January. I switched to a full Paleo diet recently while I mend my hand from yet another break. Trying to avoid the rebound weight gain through that and still doing some sprint and Prowler sessions.
Good to hear. My initial post marriage weight gain lasted until about 54 days ago, but wanting to be lean or just wanting to be size'y is a matter of season and mind state. I'd been wanting to cut for a year now, but there was no drive or desire to do so, therefore, I just got hulky. However, I'm glad to be cutting again, but I've still got a good ways to go.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed my man!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed, let the Andologs roll!!!
Thanks for dropping by Carl :240:

GLAD there are pics mayhaps it will put my skepticism to rest

subd
There are definitely pictures. I took them in two different lighting. One of them makes me look like an off-season Lee Priest and the other makes me look like some impressive beast. The latter has all types of shades and shadows that over-exaggerate whatever is there, so I'll have to reluctantly go with the off-season Lee Priest pics for integrity. I also have to admit, I was a bit underwhelmed by the way my progress appears in a 2D picture, because I feel pretty lean in real life, but the pictures were a bit disappointing for me.

I won't forget the dates of when these pictures were taken either. I'm a big fan of the band 311 and today is 311 day (3/11/2011).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We all gotta start somewhere:D Keep with it man even for just the overall benefit of the lifts!
Oh for sure. I don't train my O-lifts for optimal power, but I do them for the various other benefits. I keep the rep ranges on Snatches and Cleans around 5 reps if I can, which isn't optimal for optimal power (redundant). Generally speaking, I open up my delts day or a traps emphasized day with them. Starting off on the snatches really recruits the shoulder stabilizers, recruits a healthy amount of motor units in my traps and delts and my military presses actual improve if I perform military's following O-lifts, then not.

Furthermore, keeping the rep ranges high is very metabolic, especially since I rest (briefly) like a bodybuilder in between sets, rather then a power lifter with ample rest. None of these things equates to optimal power, but I use them to assist in my bodybuilding efforts. If I were using the O-lifts for sports or some kind of competitive nature, then I'd of course switch the focus to singles and triples.

I'm sure you'll recognize these babies!!

[/IMG]

I really don't know why I went with bowling shoes red. My previous O-shoes were [plain white and black, but I guess I was feeling boisterous the night I clicked "purchase" on these.

Last edited:
rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Am I too late to join this crusade?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No no, thank you for logging :wink1: This will be one of the best logs to follow guaranteed
I think you give me too much credit, but thanks for the vote of confidence :240:

Am I too late to join this crusade?
We haven't left yet. We've just finished loading the camels and lining up the caravan :wink1:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbeddd

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
Subbeeddddd. Did you start taking it yet? Sorry if I missed it if you already said it.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbeeddddd. Did you start taking it yet? Sorry if I missed it if you already said it.
Yes. I took two doses, 3caps AH/3caps AL in the AM and 3AH/3AL again about 8 hours later yesterday and today I've only had my AM dosage.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2 AH/AL

Overhead Squats
95lbs x 5 reps
100lbs x 5 reps
110lbs x 5 reps
120lbs x 4 reps
130lbs x 3 reps

Back Squats
225lbs x 5 reps
275lbs x 5 reps
315lbs x 5 reps
335lbs x 5 reps
355lbs x 3 reps

Front Squats
185lbs x 5 reps
205lbs x 5 reps
225lbs x 5 reps
245lbs x 5 reps
265lbs x 5 reps
295lbs x 3 reps

Cardio: Stairclimber 25mins

Decent workout. I wasn't initially shooting for 5's today, but I'm not a morning lifter, I just don't feel nourished enough and going above 5 even on 135lbs felt way too heavy then it should have, so I opted for 5's today. I also wouldn't have done so many sets except that this is my fourth time doing squats in many, many months, so I'm still in a feeling out stage of establishing where my base and peak performance is at. My back squats were no different then the last time I performed squats, except that I wasn't able to rep it into the 8's-10'a, however, my front squats reached a new peak; 225lbs last session to 295lbs today, but I simply attribute that to myself acclimating to squats again, I've yet to truly find my ceiling strength.

It'll be easier to assess performance on something more established like chest, shoulders and back days. Squats are relatively new for me at this point, in that its been awhile since I've trained them with legitimacy due to chronic low back issues as a result of a previous slip disc. Apart from that, it was a so-so workout. I'm not particularly jazzed by it, but I'm having fun revisiting squats again.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you guys feel about real jogging? I tried to avoid jogging around during my cut so far, in order to avoid much catabolism, so I've stuck primarily to machines, stair-climber, stair-stepper, tread-mill, cross-trainer... but should I not worry about the risk of too much muscle breakdown from jogging now that I'm on AH/AL?

I really wasn't satisfied with my cardio this morning, so I'll probably go to a nearby park and run around or SOMETHING. I probably can't jog today because of squats this morning, but what's the verdict on 2-3 miles jogs while on AH/AL? Yay or nay?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh for sure. I don't train my O-lifts for optimal power, but I do them for the various other benefits. I keep the rep ranges on Snatches and Cleans around 5 reps if I can, which isn't optimal for optimal power (redundant). Generally speaking, I open up my delts day or a traps emphasized day with them. Starting off on the snatches really recruits the shoulder stabilizers, recruits a healthy amount of motor units in my traps and delts and my military presses actual improve if I perform military's following O-lifts, then not.

Furthermore, keeping the rep ranges high is very metabolic, especially since I rest (briefly) like a bodybuilder in between sets, rather then a power lifter with ample rest. None of these things equates to optimal power, but I use them to assist in my bodybuilding efforts. If I were using the O-lifts for sports or some kind of competitive nature, then I'd of course switch the focus to singles and triples.

I'm sure you'll recognize these babies!!

[/IMG]

I really don't know why I went with bowling shoes red. My previous O-shoes were [plain white and black, but I guess I was feeling boisterous the night I clicked "purchase" on these.
Oh ya Do-Wins they are actually really good being that they are so cheap. I had a custom pair of Adidas that were well over 300 and it turns out my favorite were a pair of 80 dollar Do-wins that I won, lol. The Chinese love a higher heel, as do I so they were perfect.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you guys feel about real jogging? I tried to avoid jogging around during my cut so far, in order to avoid much catabolism, so I've stuck primarily to machines, stair-climber, stair-stepper, tread-mill, cross-trainer... but should I not worry about the risk of too much muscle breakdown from jogging now that I'm on AH/AL?

I really wasn't satisfied with my cardio this morning, so I'll probably go to a nearby park and run around or SOMETHING. I probably can't jog today because of squats this morning, but what's the verdict on 2-3 miles jogs while on AH/AL? Yay or nay?
Eh, imo if your goal is to drop the fat, then drop the fat, as in yes do cadio. Best time is now since you are on AH/AL take advantage of it and get in the cardio. Reach your goal faster with minimal loss. You could always just do sprint work as well as opposed to low intensity long duration cardio.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh ya Do-Wins they are actually really good being that they are so cheap. I had a custom pair of Adidas that were well over 300 and it turns out my favorite were a pair of 80 dollar Do-wins that I won, lol. The Chinese love a higher heel, as do I so they were perfect.
I totally want a higher heel. My current Do-Wins are suppose to be a touch higher in the heel then my previous VS Athletics, but there's no way I can afford the fancy Addidas ones. I'd have to be competitive to justify spending that much for myself.

I like watching the Chinese National Team videos on YouTube.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh, imo if your goal is to drop the fat, then drop the fat, as in yes do cadio. Best time is now since you are on AH/AL take advantage of it and get in the cardio. Reach your goal faster with minimal loss. You could always just do sprint work as well as opposed to low intensity long duration cardio.
SPRINT work is my preferred method, but the park nearest me is full of holes, not just in an area, but the entire park and the nearest High School track is in use for PE and that's awkward. They showed up once in the middle of my HIIT and it was just awkward so I left, but I suppose if I wanted to bad enough I could find a way.