Dropping Fat and Adding Muscle w/ X-Factor Advanced (50 Day Log) - AnabolicMinds.com

Dropping Fat and Adding Muscle w/ X-Factor Advanced (50 Day Log)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Dropping Fat and Adding Muscle w/ X-Factor Advanced (50 Day Log)

MOLECULAR NUTRITION - X-FACTOR ADVANCED

Goals : Gain muscle and lose fat. I donít really subscribe to the idea that I need to bulk up first, then cut later. I believe with X-Factor, proper nutrition, and a good training program, I can accomplish this goal. I have lost a good bit of fat over the last 4-5 months while gaining muscle, but have since plateaued (especially in terms of fat loss) for the most part.

Starting weight : 205.7 lbs
    BF% : not sure...the Tanita scales I use are pretty worthless as far as accurately gauging bf% goes. Maybe some of those who follow this log can give me an estimate based on the before photos that I will post up.

Measurements : I ordered a myotape this morning, so it should be here by Wednesday. Once it gets in, I will take my measurements.

Diet : As a vegetarian, my protein comes primarily from milk, whey, casein, lentils, split peas, peanut butter, and cheese. I drink three protein shakes per day which combine : 1 serving of ON Whey and 1 serving of ON Casein mixed in 2% milk. My other three meals usually consist of lentils or split peas, asparagus or green beans, and a few slices of cheese. I also try to fit in one salad and a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter.

Training : I am strictly a garage trainer and a have a relatively decent set up that allows me to get everything done at home. My split will look like this for a few weeks:

Chest/Back
    Legs
    Biceps/Triceps
    Shoulders/Abs

*My arms are a trouble spot and donít grow very easily, so I plan to put special emphasis on these muscle groups
    *Glutes are also a trouble spot even though quads are naturally large and respond well, so I will use a lot of exercises to focus on this : SLDL's, lunges, and hip extensions primarily.
    * I get sore pretty easily, so I may have to eventually adjust my routine and off days if there is a significant increase in DOMS.

Other supplements : SNS Beta Alanine (3g per day), SNS Magnesium Creatine (2.5g's per day) Betancourt FullDose Multi, Now EGCG (3xís per day)

Today (Day 1) is an off day, but I went ahead and started loading the X-Factor in. I took 2 caps this morning and will take two this evening.

Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Day 2 + More Starting Stats

Dosing Strategy : 2 caps AM, 1 cap midday, 2 caps pre-workout

Measurements:

Chest : 45.5
    Arms : 15.25
    Forearms : 12.5
    Legs : 25.75
    Waist : 36.5

Off day today. Will hit chest and back tomorrow.
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

As you can see here (picture in next post), I need to lose the last stubborn pounds of fat as well as add some lean muscle. Hopefully the next 50 days will take care of this.

Chest and back tonight; I'm looking forward to getting this log going and making this X-Factor cycle as productive as possible.

I went to the grocery and got all the supplies I need. Since I have plateaued in terms of fat loss, I plan to eat right at maintenance even though I am planning to continue cutting slowly. No more low carb days, though, and no more eating below maintenance. I feel like this will be more beneficial for fat loss since my leptin levels have probably plummeted significantly over the last several months of dieting.

I'm aiming for 2300-2500 calories on off days and about 2800-3000 calories on workout days.
    •   

Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Before - March 7, 2011
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

I postponed yesterday's workout and did it today since I was busy with a million different things last night.

Chest / Back

weighted push ups - 5 sets of 12 w/ 50lb backpack
    dumbell flyes - 4 sets of 10 w/ 45lbs
    dumbell pullovers - 4 sets of 15 w/ 45lbs

DB Rows - 5 sets of 12 w/ 50lbs
    Pullup negatives - 4 sets of 12-15
    Barbell shrugs - 4 sets of 15 w/ 110lbs
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice! I'm in man!
    At some point, try taking all 4 XFA preWO...I think you'll like the result
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Thanks schizm! I started off with two caps twice per day mainly just to assess tolerance. I may give that 4 cap dosing a try with arms workout. I've heard the pumps/vascularity is great!
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

I'm already feeling some major soreness today, but I wouldn't automatically attribute this to the XFA. My chest *always* gets sore regardless of weight, volume, etc. Back, however, hasn't been this sore in a while. It might be that I really pushed myself hard with the pullup negatives. I can only do two full wide-grip pullups, so I have started finishing each set with about 12-15 slow negatives. So this might likely be the main reason for the soreness today.

So far, so good. No sides at full dose of XFA. Legs tonight. I'll try the 4 caps pre-WO tomorrow with arms and see how the pump is.
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by LJ57 View Post
    Thanks schizm! I started off with two caps twice per day mainly just to assess tolerance. I may give that 4 cap dosing a try with arms workout. I've heard the pumps/vascularity is great!
    the pump IS great at 4-5 preWO....I'm finishing my 50 day run tomorrow...never did have any sides from XFA...or increased soreness, which I was trying to intentionally...of course it prolly helps that I use 25-30g of bcaa/eaa intraWO...looking forward to the results of your arm workout though...whhhheeee!
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

You taking 4 or 5 caps a day? I've been taking 4 thinking of bumping it to 5.

Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

I'm just taking 4 caps right now, but I have thought about bumping it up to 5 at some point. I've heard some say that results come faster and that the pumps are amazing like schizm said!
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm going to 5 today then maybe 6 i have to hurry and finish this run.

Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Leg/Glute Day

I have naturally large thighs even when I'm not working out. They also tend to grow easily with even the most basic leg routine. Genetics I guess. Glutes have always lagged, though, so I am incorporating a leg day that focuses primarily on bringing this muscle up to par with the quads.

My leg workout tonight will consist of :

-DB Lunges (4 sets)
    - Stiff Leg Deadlifts (4 sets)
    - 1 Leg DB Squats (3 sets)
    - Hip Extensions (3 sets)
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

I'm just taking 4 caps right now, but I have thought about bumping it up to 5 at some point. I've heard some say that results come faster and that the pumps are amazing like schizm said!
    fwiw, After a couple weeks of my run doing 4/ED, I bumped it up to 5/preWO and 3 on off days....a couple of times did 6 & 2...but found the 5 & 3 better for me, which had a great pump effect for the workout & still maintained the muscle hardness on non WO days...which dropping down to 2 on off days didn't seem to do quite as well...and the extra 1 pill preWO didn't do much more than what the 5 was doing...
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.

I'm subbed
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    fwiw, After a couple weeks of my run doing 4/ED, I bumped it up to 5/preWO and 3 on off days....a couple of times did 6 & 2...but found the 5 & 3 better for me, which had a great pump effect for the workout & still maintained the muscle hardness on non WO days...which dropping down to 2 on off days didn't seem to do quite as well...and the extra 1 pill preWO didn't do much more than what the 5 was doing...
    Thanks for the feedback. I will probably try to experiment with some different dosing schemes throughout the course of the log. I definitely want to try the 4-5 pre-WO.
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.

A little late but subbed. Nice looking log man.
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Day 6

Last night was leg day, so I expect to start feeling some soreness, primarily in the glutes, by tonight at least.

DB Lunges - 4 sets of 8 w/ 50lbs db's
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 4 sets of 8-10 w/ 110lb on barbell
    1 Leg DB Squats - 3 sets of 10 w/ 40lb db's

I'm also slowly but surely changing my diet and completely getting rid of carb cycling for awhile, especially considering that I never do it properly and never refeed/reload carbs to the extent that I should. I will be adding more rice, baked potatoes, and oatmeal each day in order to get more carbs.

Today...arm day with the 4 cap pre-WO dose. I have already taken 1 cap upon awakening, so I may go ahead and bump my dosing up to 5 caps per day.
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

in for one hell of a log!
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

I managed to get my workout in relatively early today. Took 4 caps about one hour prior to workout. (for a total of 5 with the cap I took in the AM).

Arms

Barbell curls - 4 sets of 5 w/75 lbs.
    Hammer curls - 4 sets of 8 w/40 lbs
    Concentration curls - 4 sets of 12 w/ 30lbs (*last set went to failure)

Lying Tri extension - 4 sets of 8-10 w/ 65 lbs)
    Pressdowns - 4 sets of 12 w/ 70 lbs (10 on last set to failure)
    Tricep kickbacks - 3 sets of 12 w/15 lbs. (I can't go very heavy on these for some reason...always feels like I'm going to tear something)

* I also incorporate CoC grippers on arm days...using the #1 which is 140 lbs. of pressure. I do about 5 sets of 10. I need to go ahead and order some new ones--# 2 perhaps.

Notes: Pump was good today. I measured my arms with the myotape immediately after finishing the workout. Arms seemed to measure about .10-.15' more than they did when I measured them prior to starting the log. NO products (ie arginine, PLCAR, etc) never give me any increase in measurements/size, and I have tried almost all of them. They definitely feel harder too.
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

I managed to get my workout in relatively early today. Took 4 caps about one hour prior to workout. (for a total of 5 with the cap I took in the AM).

Arms

Barbell curls - 4 sets of 5 w/75 lbs.
    Hammer curls - 4 sets of 8 w/40 lbs
    Concentration curls - 4 sets of 12 w/ 30lbs (*last set went to failure)

Lying Tri extension - 4 sets of 8-10 w/ 65 lbs)
    Pressdowns - 4 sets of 12 w/ 70 lbs (10 on last set to failure)
    Tricep kickbacks - 3 sets of 12 w/15 lbs. (I can't go very heavy on these for some reason...always feels like I'm going to tear something)

* I also incorporate CoC grippers on arm days...using the #1 which is 140 lbs. of pressure. I do about 5 sets of 10. I need to go ahead and order some new ones--# 2 perhaps.

Notes: Pump was good today. I measured my arms with the myotape immediately after finishing the workout. Arms seemed to measure about .10-.15' more than they did when I measured them prior to starting the log. NO products (ie arginine, PLCAR, etc) never give me any increase in measurements/size, and I have tried almost all of them. They definitely feel harder too.
    Very niiiice man! I also thought the pump it gave me was much firmer/solid than what an N.O. pump gives...
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

My arms were sore when I woke up this morning which is somewhat odd, because even when they do get sore, it usually takes a bit longer. It's hard to say whether this is the XFA at this point, as I've really been pushing myself harder since I started taking it. I'm guessing, however, that it's possible for the soreness to be kicking in at this point. It's been about one week and I have taken 4 caps per day, except for the one day I took 5.
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My arms were sore when I woke up this morning which is somewhat odd, because even when they do get sore, it usually takes a bit longer. It's hard to say whether this is the XFA at this point, as I've really been pushing myself harder since I started taking it. I'm guessing, however, that it's possible for the soreness to be kicking in at this point. It's been about one week and I have taken 4 caps per day, except for the one day I took 5.
    a week in is definitely a point where the DOMS will start becoming more prevalent.
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Although the soreness in my biceps has almost completely gone, my triceps are still extremely sore--tender to the touch really. I'm pretty sure the soreness would have been completely gone by now w/o XFA, so I'm guessing that effect of it has kicked in.

Shoulders/Abs

DB shoulder press - 5 sets of 10 w/40lbs
    side lateral raises - 5 sets of 8-10 w/ 20lbs

Abs
    lying leg raises (weighted w/ 15lb db's) - 4 sets
    hanging leg raises - 4sets
    seated ab twists - 4 sets
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

gotta love getting sore to the touch, looks like one hell of an ab circuit too!
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    gotta love getting sore to the touch, looks like one hell of an ab circuit too!
    Yeah, I've always loved the pain of soreness. And this is the first time I've really been significantly sore in ages. The only time I get sore like this is the first few weeks after working out again after a long break.

As for the abs, hanging leg raises are the only exercise that really make me sore, and that's just the upper abs I just started doing them a couple of months ago when I put a pull-up bar in the doorway. I can't make my lower abs or obliques get sore for anything, regardless of weight or volume.
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.

Nice! I'm in man!
    At some point, try taking all 4 XFA preWO...I think you'll like the result
    What about the rest of the day? Or do you just use the whole days dose at that one time?
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    What about the rest of the day? Or do you just use the whole days dose at that one time?
    yes, on workout days, I use all 4 caps preWO, then none the rest of the day...there's a pretty informative thread (will link it here later) over at bb re: 'maximizing the uptake of Ara in skeletal muscle'...good stuff...
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Yeah, I've always loved the pain of soreness. And this is the first time I've really been significantly sore in ages. The only time I get sore like this is the first few weeks after working out again after a long break.

As for the abs, hanging leg raises are the only exercise that really make me sore, and that's just the upper abs I just started doing them a couple of months ago when I put a pull-up bar in the doorway. I can't make my lower abs or obliques get sore for anything, regardless of weight or volume.
    good to read that the 4 cap PreWO working well for ya ...regarding the hanging leg raises, just tossed those in my ab routine last week, had my entire upper/lower abs feeling that for about 4 days...normally can't get sore in the abs upper or lower....loved it!
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

yes, on workout days, I use all 4 caps preWO, then none the rest of the day...there's a pretty informative thread (will link it here later) over at bb re: 'maximizing the uptake of Ara in skeletal muscle'...good stuff...
    Interesting. I haven't read this thread. Is the general consensus that 4 caps preWO is better than spacing them out during the day?
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Thumbs up

Interesting. I haven't read this thread. Is the general consensus that 4 caps preWO is better than spacing them out during the day?
    indeed it is.
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.

Okay cool. Hey whats the prefered Xfactor to use? the origianl one or the Advanced version?
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    Okay cool. Hey whats the prefered Xfactor to use? the origianl one or the Advanced version?
    I've only tried the XFA, I think generally more people (from what I've read) prefer the advanced due to the lack of sides (joint aches/increased DOMS) from the added omega 3/bosweila (sp?) and still achieve great results...then a handful of people that want to keep anything anti-inflammatory seperate from the supposed Inflammatory response that Ara gives that's believed to be the major moa of it...
    ...and fyi...here's the link I spoke about...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119490141

Edit: plus depending on where you bought it from, the XFA hits the wallet slightly less for a 50 day run, in that you only need 2 bottles...as opposed to XF you'd need 3 bottles...
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

I've only tried the XFA, I think generally more people (from what I've read) prefer the advanced due to the lack of sides (joint aches/increased DOMS) from the added omega 3/bosweila (sp?) and still achieve great results...then a handful of people that want to keep anything anti-inflammatory seperate from the supposed Inflammatory response that Ara gives that's believed to be the major moa of it...

Edit: plus depending on where you bought it from, the XFA hits the wallet slightly less for a 50 day run, in that you only need 2 bottles...as opposed to XF you'd need 3 bottles...
    This is pretty much exactly how I always answer the question, XFA eliminates the sides making it very user friendly. Some find they respond better to Advanced as far as gains go, others prefer the original.
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.

Thumbs up

Couldn't have said it any better. Big Tim likes the original and I am getting ready to try my 1st log with XF. Really love the XFA so i'm looking forward to the comparison.
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

Thanks for the info! I'll be strictly dosing 4 caps pre-WO from here on out.
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Thanks for the info! I'll be strictly dosing 4 caps pre-WO from here on out.
    excellent, cant wait to see how it treats you!
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

I have been having some killer sinus/allergy problems lately which has sapped my energy...just from the drastic weather changes I guess. I went ahead and hit chest and back today despite the low energy. Fortunately, strength was good despite feeling like hell. 4 cap PWO. Now to see what kind of soreness I get this time...

Chest and Back

Weighted push ups - 5 sets of 10 w/ 50lb backpack
    DB flyes - 4 sets of 8-10 w/ 45lbs
    Push ups (no weights) - 1 set to failure

DB Rows - 4 sets of 12 w/ 50lbs
    Pullup negatives - 4 sets of 12-15
    Barbell shrugs - 4 sets of 12-15 w/ 110lbs
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

great volume and weights for going into the lift with low energy!
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

The soreness this time has not been as bad. I'm thinking the XFA hasn't made me significantly much more sore than usual. I think maybe I just pushed really hard with the last chest (as well as arms) workout and automatically attributed it to XFA.

I *definitely* see the muscle hardness people talk about, though, and I am certain it's not something I could attribute to other factors. And I'm now taking 4 caps at a time on both training and off days.

Although I haven't been increasing the lbs. of weight I use recently, I feel like strength is up. And I'm never eating above maintenance-level calories, so under other conditions I would expect to lose some strength.

Similar Forum Threads

1. X Factor Advanced question
    By mike3107 in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
  2. X-Factor advanced
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 02:26 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
  4. X-factor Advanced??? anyone