APS Creatine Nitrate + Bioquest Alpha Fury not sponsored with paleo diet and more!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided to give APS's creatine nitrate a whirl, and bought two bottles. By chance at the same time I happened to win a jug of Alpha Fury from Bioquest in an only contest. Its a GPLC based preworkout, the ingredient profile is

Code:
ALPHA FURY- Fruit Punch- 0.84lbs 
Serving Size: One Scoop (19g)
Servings Per Container: 20 
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value * 
Calories: 40
  Calories From Fat 0 
Total Carbohydrates 10g  3% 
   Sugars 4.5g   
GlycoCarn 4500mg   ** 
Glucuronolactone 600mg   ** 
Caffeine (as Guarana) 300mg    ** 
Beta Alanine 300mg    ** 
Soy Lecithin 200mg   ** 

Waxy Maize 100mg   ** 

Sulbutiamine 15mg   ** 
Huperzine A 1% 50mcg    ** 
Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silica, Sucralose, and FD&C Red 40.
a little caffeine heavy, but not too bad. Outside of that i'm using a number of general health supplements including Cycle Support and HGHPro.

Workout structure is full body 3x a week, normally fasted first thing in the morning. When I travel for work, its usually night workouts.. I shoot for 24-50 reps per exercise, and usually am a little chest centric, as I'm looking for more growth there. Today was

Flat DB press 80x10x7-65x10
inlcline db press 65x8-55x10x10
incline db fly 35x15x15
seated military press 95x10x12x9
seated row - 150x15x18
leg press - 450x12-630x10-720x9
calf press on leg press - 720x9-540x12x10
ez bar preacher curl superset with triceps pushdown 70x19-150x12 70x17-150x11

The pumps were fantasitc, but the alpha fury had me sweating like a whore in church, and a little nauseous from the caffeine.

diet is roughly 3000 calories. Following a generally paleo diet this month - no dairy, no grains, no legumes.

i'll post some start pictures when I get the chance.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
glad to see you are finally going to put the creatine nitrate to the test. i have had some amazing results.

good luck, easy.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed!!!!

You always get amazing pumps with Creatine Nitrate!

What are you dosing the Creatine Nitrate at?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm using the CN at 6 caps preworkout, 2 post, and 4 on non workout days. With 2 bottles that still should make a good 2 months.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
was 195 today (last night was a late night pool hall dinner, 25 hot wings + 3 pints of shock top). felt a bit like crap at the gym

decline hammer press 115 per side x 12 - 135 per side by 9x8
incline hammer press 145 per side x7-135 per side x9x10
incline db fly 40x15x16
hammer shoulder press 80 per side x7-70 per side x 8- 60 per side x8
tried to do a warmup with 225 on deads and my lower back felt iffy, so decided to do something different.
Close grip chinups - bwx10x6x5
pullover machine 180x15-220x8x9
hammer machine preacher curls 80x12x9x9
tried to do dips but basically failed, triceps weren't into the idea.
vsquat machine 180x15x15 (to the bump stops)

pump wasn't as great today, and the alpha fury didn't give all that much boost. then again I was on something under 5 hours sleep so not exactly a surprise. Still was a good workout, other than some shoulder pain. What was interesting was the shoulder pain was only on the inclines, not the declines or flys. I think i'm sticking to the hammer machines for a bit on chest, since I can push more weight that way and i'm looking to get some chest gains.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
was 195 today (last night was a late night pool hall dinner, 25 hot wings + 3 pints of shock top). felt a bit like crap at the gym

decline hammer press 115 per side x 12 - 135 per side by 9x8
incline hammer press 145 per side x7-135 per side x9x10
incline db fly 40x15x16
hammer shoulder press 80 per side x7-70 per side x 8- 60 per side x8
tried to do a warmup with 225 on deads and my lower back felt iffy, so decided to do something different.
Close grip chinups - bwx10x6x5
pullover machine 180x15-220x8x9
hammer machine preacher curls 80x12x9x9
tried to do dips but basically failed, triceps weren't into the idea.
vsquat machine 180x15x15 (to the bump stops)

pump wasn't as great today, and the alpha fury didn't give all that much boost. then again I was on something under 5 hours sleep so not exactly a surprise. Still was a good workout, other than some shoulder pain. What was interesting was the shoulder pain was only on the inclines, not the declines or flys. I think i'm sticking to the hammer machines for a bit on chest, since I can push more weight that way and i'm looking to get some chest gains.
ever try pre-exhausting arms before doing chest?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ever try pre-exhausting arms before doing chest?
Yeah I have, it seemed pretty pointless. The triceps are more often the limiters than the pecs are, as the pecs are the major muscle. If I work tris heavily, I end up with a lower db or bb weight for chest work.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I have, it seemed pretty pointless. The triceps are more often the limiters than the pecs are, as the pecs are the major muscle. If I work tris heavily, I end up with a lower db or bb weight for chest work.
of course you are going to do less weight!!! the point is to wear down the arms 1st causing the chest to do more of the work.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
of course you are going to do less weight!!! the point is to wear down the arms 1st causing the chest to do more of the work.
but the chest already does more of the work. its the larger muscle, that moves more to begin with.

The idea seems to make sense, but i'd have to see a good scientific published experiment to buy into it at this point. to me, the auxiliary muscles failing earlier means that there isn't as much load on the chest muscles.

Could try the flipside then I suppose. do machine flys first to pre-wear the chest. If the triceps are so meaningful for presses, then even after that, you should be able to press your normal chest press right? But i'd bet it would be cut close to in half instead.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
but the chest already does more of the work. its the larger muscle, that moves more to begin with.

The idea seems to make sense, but i'd have to see a good scientific published experiment to buy into it at this point. to me, the auxiliary muscles failing earlier means that there isn't as much load on the chest muscles.

Could try the flipside then I suppose. do machine flys first to pre-wear the chest. If the triceps are so meaningful for presses, then even after that, you should be able to press your normal chest press right? But i'd bet it would be cut close to in half instead.
it isn't something i would do often, but if chest muscles were lagging a month of pre exhausting arms should be enough to bring the chest up to speed. your numbers will suffer diong this, but in the end after doing this numbers should be increased. this is something i was told by the udt's i workedout with in the navy years ago.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it isn't something i would do often, but if chest muscles were lagging a month of pre exhausting arms should be enough to bring the chest up to speed. your numbers will suffer diong this, but in the end after doing this numbers should be increased. this is something i was told by the udt's i workedout with in the navy years ago.
But then wouldn't just doing heavy flys do the same as they isolate chest and don't involve tris? I think the reason this seems to work is that you are working tris isolated when they are fresh, so they add more strength and they were the weak link to begin with.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But then wouldn't just doing heavy flys do the same as they isolate chest and don't involve tris? I think the reason this seems to work is that you are working tris isolated when they are fresh, so they add more strength and they were the weak link to begin with.
you could be right, i always took everything those udt guys told me as gospel. the same basic blueprint has worked well for me over the years-with a little tweeking here and there, lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you could be right, i always took everything those udt guys told me as gospel. the same basic blueprint has worked well for me over the years-with a little tweeking here and there, lol.
Yeah, its the sort of thing that even if it seems to or does really work, the logic that gets you there is flawed. Sort of like the paleo diet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, its the sort of thing that even if it seems to or does really work, the logic that gets you there is flawed. Sort of like the paleo diet.
lol-see that is what comes with age. i put a lot more thought into workouts today than i did back in the day. i just have to be careful not to overthink things!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:) at least there is a benefit to getting old to offset all the down sides.

So just to fill in on the paleo diet, the logic of "that's what evolution bred us to eat" is ridiculous. Evolution doesn't push for optimum performance of an individual, its all about species survival. Hitting breeding age fastest, having the most offspring, and dying before you become a burden is what evolution does with individuals. But the avoiding inflammatory foods part of the diet is intriguing, so I'm giving it a shot.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
:) at least there is a benefit to getting old to offset all the down sides.

So just to fill in on the paleo diet, the logic of "that's what evolution bred us to eat" is ridiculous. Evolution doesn't push for optimum performance of an individual, its all about species survival. Hitting breeding age fastest, having the most offspring, and dying before you become a burden is what evolution does with individuals. But the avoiding inflammatory foods part of the diet is intriguing, so I'm giving it a shot.
not familiar with it. all i know is the body was designed for feast or famine-that is why we are so damned good at storing fat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its basically a no grains no dairy diet, eating what the cavemen ate.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no whey protein?
Nope! Luckily I have plenty of beef isolate here anyhow that I wasn't using because it tastes like crap. But I never was a fan of the quick post workout sugar loaded shake anyhow

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nope! Luckily I have plenty of beef isolate here anyhow that I wasn't using because it tastes like crap. But I never was a fan of the quick post workout sugar loaded shake anyhow
looks like you have it all figured out, good luck.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
woke up at 192 today. The worst thing about these full body non-structured workouts is trying to remember what I did for logging it :) since I don't walk in with a specific exercise plan....

vertical chest press - 180x12-230x7-180x9
deadlifts - 275x9-275x3 and my back felt off so I figured i'd skip it
incline hammer press - 140x12-160x9x8
hammer machine preacher curls - 90x10x8x8
single arm db shoulder press - 50x10x9x9
tricep pushdown - 160x12-160x6-140x10
db fly 40x10x8x6

skipped legs as it was already late by this point, as I got into the gym quite late. still felt like a good workout, wish I would have thought about throwing in some of the pullovers but oh well. Its pretty rough on fridays in general, because its the 3rd full body with only a single rest day inbetween each. getting old sucks.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
In for this! Look forward to seeing how the CN works for you. I"m starting it up in about a week myself. You made me hungry as hell with that wings and shocktop comment...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My eating habits are pretty varied :D The shocktop isn't quite on a paleo diet, but as far as I can tell wines are ok. Next week i'm traveling for work again, so i'll have at least a couple of interesting meals. A restaurant that serves wild game is in the area i'm going, and i've eaten there before. So far the creatine nitrate is definitely a winner for pumps. I'm not super sure as far as strength or mass increases go. I'm basically staying right around maintenance calories so not expecting much in mass. And with full body 3x a week at relatively high rep ranges I don't expect to see all that much in strength increases either regardless. Plus with my rotation of exercises its even harder to gauge. deadlifts done monday as first exercise of the workout are WAY different than deadlifts done friday after doing chest + shoulders.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
My eating habits are pretty varied :D The shocktop isn't quite on a paleo diet, but as far as I can tell wines are ok. Next week i'm traveling for work again, so i'll have at least a couple of interesting meals. A restaurant that serves wild game is in the area i'm going, and i've eaten there before. So far the creatine nitrate is definitely a winner for pumps. I'm not super sure as far as strength or mass increases go. I'm basically staying right around maintenance calories so not expecting much in mass. And with full body 3x a week at relatively high rep ranges I don't expect to see all that much in strength increases either regardless. Plus with my rotation of exercises its even harder to gauge. deadlifts done monday as first exercise of the workout are WAY different than deadlifts done friday after doing chest + shoulders.
I could definitely see that being an issue. I've got high hopes for that creatine after all of the glowing reviews I've read.

A restaurant that serves game huh? Nice!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
their wild boar sausage is totally amazing. They do duck tenders too, a handful of other items. All fantastic. Not expensive either (but I dont care, it goes on the expense account :D)

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
their wild boar sausage is totally amazing. They do duck tenders too, a handful of other items. All fantastic. Not expensive either (but I dont care, it goes on the expense account :D)
I've actually had wild boar. That stuff is amazing! I went to this place on a date (years ago when I was dating) that had game and you cooked your own meat. It was weird as hell but it was awesome. They had these huge grills in the middle of the room and you just walked up with your food and tossed it on. They had boar kabobs. Loved it. Can't remember where the hell it was at though. LOL.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn, that sounds cool. In San Diego there is a steak house called The Strip Club that is a grill your own, which is fun.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn, that sounds cool. In San Diego there is a steak house called The Strip Club that is a grill your own, which is fun.
strip club's are always fun!:scool:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no alpha fury preworkout today, forgot to bring it with me to detroit. However I must have hit the lucky creatine nitrate cap with crack in it, because my workout was ridonkulous.

vertical chest press 180x10-270x12-320x3-270x8x8
decline hammer press 270x8x6-230x8
incline fly 50x10x10x9
hammer shoulder press 90x7-70x8x7x6
hammer pullovers, I felt ****y at this point - 270x9x7-230x9
spider curls 50x8x8
ez curls 80x15x15
triceps pushdown 150x12-140x14
hack squats 180x15-270x9x8 (these are always all the way down to the bump stops)

I have no idea what came over me, but that was a heck of a workout. felt good, hungry as hell afterwards :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
no alpha fury preworkout today, forgot to bring it with me to detroit. However I must have hit the lucky creatine nitrate cap with crack in it, because my workout was ridonkulous.

vertical chest press 180x10-270x12-320x3-270x8x8
decline hammer press 270x8x6-230x8
incline fly 50x10x10x9
hammer shoulder press 90x7-70x8x7x6
hammer pullovers, I felt ****y at this point - 270x9x7-230x9
spider curls 50x8x8
ez curls 80x15x15
triceps pushdown 150x12-140x14
hack squats 180x15-270x9x8 (these are always all the way down to the bump stops)

I have no idea what came over me, but that was a heck of a workout. felt good, hungry as hell afterwards :)
i told ya so, lol.:nana:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it sort of pisses me off now that i'm using the hammer press machines. I can seriously move 50% + more weight than I can on a barbell, mostly because I don't experience the shoulder pain. no wonder my chest has grown so slowly

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it sort of pisses me off now that i'm using the hammer press machines. I can seriously move 50% + more weight than I can on a barbell, mostly because I don't experience the shoulder pain. no wonder my chest has grown so slowly
it was only a matter of time before you got it figured out. congrats on the workout!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just remembered i left off the exercise list from yesterday

smith machine shrugs 270x10x10x8
seated calf raises 135x10x10x10

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
finished an hour of cardio with heartrate in the upper 160s to a little over 170. Yes, do the math, thats 95-100% of maximal heart rate at my age. I can still carry on a conversation at 165 heart rate, so screw the heart rate calculation. anything under 140 and I feel like i'm taking a nap.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
finished an hour of cardio with heartrate in the upper 160s to a little over 170. Yes, do the math, thats 95-100% of maximal heart rate at my age. I can still carry on a conversation at 165 heart rate, so screw the heart rate calculation. anything under 140 and I feel like i'm taking a nap.
as many stims as i do, my resting heart rate is probably over 140, one of these days i would like to see what it is when i do weighted stairclimbing. what do you use to moniter it?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just the handles on the machine. At home, I also have a nike heart rate monitor watch with chest band. stim free my resting rate is around 60. I used a little bit of stims tonight, but nothing excessive, less than I usually use mornings. 1 black cat + 25mg ephedrine. I have to really push hard to get the rate over 140 if I don't have a pile of stims in me. Once I do go over that, its not as hard to maintain it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just the handles on the machine. At home, I also have a nike heart rate monitor watch with chest band. stim free my resting rate is around 60. I used a little bit of stims tonight, but nothing excessive, less than I usually use mornings. 1 black cat + 25mg ephedrine. I have to really push hard to get the rate over 140 if I don't have a pile of stims in me. Once I do go over that, its not as hard to maintain it
thanks, i might ask for one of those heart monitors for my birthday, lol.

and quit smoking-dammit!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Memory is already a little hazy on todays workout, and it was only an hour ago. 6 creatine nitrates & 1 black cat preworkout.

Db incline fly 60*8*10*9
Tried flat machine press but shoulder hurt.
Incline hammer press 180*8-140*9+9
Seated row 150*15*17
Arnold press 35*20*14
Preacher curl 80*10*6-70*8
Triceps push down 150*16*14
Machine delt fly 130*8*6 105*12

No legs, my hip joint feels odd so is rather let it rest. I think I had at least one other exercise I'm forgetting. Was a pretty good workout, I've never tried heavy flys before presses before. I had read an article suggesting it for pecans growth, so figured why not try it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Memory is already a little hazy on todays workout, and it was only an hour ago. 6 creatine nitrates & 1 black cat preworkout.

Db incline fly 60*8*10*9
Tried flat machine press but shoulder hurt.
Incline hammer press 180*8-140*9+9
Seated row 150*15*17
Arnold press 35*20*14
Preacher curl 80*10*6-70*8
Triceps push down 150*16*14
Machine delt fly 130*8*6 105*12

No legs, my hip joint feels odd so is rather let it rest. I think I had at least one other exercise I'm forgetting. Was a pretty good workout, I've never tried heavy flys before presses before. I had read an article suggesting it for pecans growth, so figured why not try it.
it must be that crazy diet you are on, lol.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed bro.. great to hear your giving paleo a try :thumbsup: I am on a somewhat modified version myself

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I'm not on true paleo, just no grains no dairy, which is about the same.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
still playing around with different chest exercises
pec dec machine first half ROM - 100x10x10x10
pec dec machine 2nd half ROM - 160x8x9x8
hammer decline - 230x8x6-180x8
incline fly 55x9-45x9
hammer pullovers 230x10x8-180x9
hammer machine preacher curls 80x14-90x8-70x12
seated military 115x12x10x7
tricep pushdown - 160x14-180x9

pretty nice, skipped legs as I got a late start from having to talk to the guidance counselor at my daughter's high school :p

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
since I skipped legs yesterday, I did catch up today. Already forgot what I was on the scale, maybe 194?

hack squats (down to bump stops) 180x15x12x10 (was funny, that was failure each set)
seated leg curls 110x10x10x10 - note that due to my prior hamstring sprains/tears I'm still VERY cautious on ham exercises
single leg presses superset with leg press calf raises - 180x12-180x10 180x12-180x10 180x12-180x10
glute ham raises bwx15

not too bad, took under a half hour. had a ferocious quad pump between the alpha fury + creatine nitrate.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
was 195 this morning

decline hammer press 270x8x7x6
incline hammer press 180x10x7x5
incline db fly 50x12-60x8x8
behind the back cable upright row 150x10-200x10x9
arnold press 35x12x11x10
preacher curl 90x10x7x6
seated dip 180x10x8x3
hammer pullovers 230x10x7x4
close grip pulldowns 160x6x4

and that was enough. was feeling low energy by that point, and sweating like a hog so I gave up.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got to admit that as a single solo more or less natural supplement I haven't had anything quite give the pumps and apparently strength gains as the APS Creatine Nitrate.