Tbarrows' first log ever - Purus Labs Fat Smack/Slin Shot Stack!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

Tbarrows' first log ever - Purus Labs Fat Smack/Slin Shot Stack!

A big thanks to Grambo and the guys at Purus for giving me the opportunity to log this stack. It's my first ever actual detailed log so I hope I do you guys justice, I'll be as dedicated to this as I possibly can be.

I just received my stack this afternoon and will be starting fresh on Monday.

HOLLER!

A little about each product...

Benefits Include:

* Increased nutrient absorption and utilization within muscle tissue
    * Enhanced energy utilization and glycogen resynthesis
    * Improved carbohydrate metabolism
    * Enhanced post receptor insulin signaling
    * Faster recovery from strenuous exercise
    * Diminished free radical production
    * Nutrient partitioning

Fat Smack™ contains a carefully selected blend of ingredients, based on human evidence for effect in relation to multiple aspects of weight/fat loss, and used at the research-proven dosages. While regular exercise and optimal dietary intake inclusive of frequent, macronutrient balanced and nutrient dense meals (as well as adequate water intake) should be viewed as most important in the quest for body weight/fat reduction and the reduction of cardiovascular and metabolic disease risk, use of a weight/fat loss agent such as Fat Smack™ may be an adjunct to this lifestyle plan.

Alright, a little about me now:

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 185
    BF%: I'm going to guess 14%ish? I'll be posting pictures throughout this log so you can help me with that.
    Training style: I'll be doing a Power/Hypertrophy split ala Layne Norton with 2 days of interval cardio and 2 days LISS.
    Diet: I'll just post my numbers from yesterday, Mon-Fri it's pretty much the exact same and on weekends I tend to ease up a bit and usually end up having a few beers but never go too overboard.... unless I end up getting drunk and killin' a Sonny's cheesesteak (those from the Philadelphia area know what I'm talking about) but for the sake of the log I'll be doing my best to keep it as clean as possible: 2100 cals - 55gF/160gC/225gP - I'll be upping my carbs/cals though on my higher cardio days.
    Goal: My goal is to recomp, I'll be trying to lean out and shed body fat without sacrificing any strength.

I'll be updating this with pictures tomorrow or Sunday to gauge results from beginning, middle and end. Hoping to see a very noticeable difference!

Other supps:

Creatine mono/creatine nitrates throughout
    Fish Oil
    MVP - multi by Millenium
    NOW Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM for joints
    NOW Topical Celadrin for shoulder pain
    LG BC+EAA

I think that's it... like I said, this is my first log so if I'm missing something please don't hesitate to say so!

Let's start smacking some mother fuking fat!

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.12%

I'll be watching. Pretty strong stuff, get ready
  3. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

subbed brotha.. kill it!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

slinshot/creatine nitrate should be fantastic.

just make sure to get some carbs with the slinshot. grape juice/waxy maize worked well for me.
  5. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    slinshot/creatine nitrate should be fantastic.

just make sure to get some carbs with the slinshot. grape juice/waxy maize worked well for me.
    thats exactly what I was thinking but wasnt completely sure if it would or not. I have some bulk creatines I got a while ago so I could use that but I am leaning towards the CN with slinshot! If CN is already 100 times better than mono and slinshot makes mono better than hopefully CN + SlinShot =

Why do you suggest the grape juice T? Wouldn't the WMS be enough and if anything add extra WMS..Is it the sugar from the juice?
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    thats exactly what I was thinking but wasnt completely sure if it would or not. I have some bulk creatines I got a while ago so I could use that but I am leaning towards the CN with slinshot! If CN is already 100 times better than mono and slinshot makes mono better than hopefully CN + SlinShot =

Why do you suggest the grape juice T? Wouldn't the WMS be enough and if anything add extra WMS..Is it the sugar from the juice?
    the grape juice is carbs plus flavoring. i did slinshot maybe 20 minutes pre, then started sipping on grape juice/wm/creatine during. when the carbs hit it was great. usually i do fasted workouts, so the carbs were a nice boost.
  7. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%

the grape juice is carbs plus flavoring. i did slinshot maybe 20 minutes pre, then started sipping on grape juice/wm/creatine during. when the carbs hit it was great. usually i do fasted workouts, so the carbs were a nice boost.
    same here.. I do fasted workouts and I was debating on switching up my week to lift on days off so I can eat a meal with carbs before my lift.

So you took 1 cap slinshot and then 20mins later drank WMS/Creatine/grapejuice mixed drink for intra workout or just immeadiately before workout like during warmup?

I will most likely try this same setup.. do you know how long the slinshot last? Would I need an additional cap for my post workout meal which is usually about 60g carbs?
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.44%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

whhoooooooooooo

Got mine too actually
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.28%

same here.. I do fasted workouts and I was debating on switching up my week to lift on days off so I can eat a meal with carbs before my lift.

So you took 1 cap slinshot and then 20mins later drank WMS/Creatine/grapejuice mixed drink for intra workout or just immeadiately before workout like during warmup?

I will most likely try this same setup.. do you know how long the slinshot last? Would I need an additional cap for my post workout meal which is usually about 60g carbs?
    used the carb drink intra, with it gone around the 20 minute mark. yeah take one before post meal. the stuff works!!!
  10. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%

used the carb drink intra, with it gone around the 20 minute mark. yeah take one before post meal. the stuff works!!!
    cool really excitied to see how this stuff works with the Creatine Nitrate..

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    whhoooooooooooo

Got mine too actually

Any thoughts grambo? Should it work with the Creatine Nitrate the same way it does with creatine mono? If not I got some bulk powders I can take with it instead but I am really hoping you will say a big HELL YEA it will make CN even better!!!!!!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

Thanks for popping in guys! And thanks for the informative posts, I didn't even think about the whole grapefruit thing - which is perfect since I eat a grapefruit a day anyhow.

I forgot to mention that I'll be comparing the fat smack up against a slew of fat burners that I've used in the past, more than I like to admit, including EC. And also I've used quite a few GDA's so I'll have a pretty good basis for comparison there as well for the slin shot

How are you guys dosing the fat smack?!

also, starting pics will be posted tomorrow.
    follow me as I smack my fat off with Purus Labs - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/169726-tbarrows-first-log.html
  12. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%

grapefruit?
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.44%

cool really excitied to see how this stuff works with the Creatine Nitrate..

Any thoughts grambo? Should it work with the Creatine Nitrate the same way it does with creatine mono? If not I got some bulk powders I can take with it instead but I am really hoping you will say a big HELL YEA it will make CN even better!!!!!!
    You're going to get the answer you want ha, the research is on monohydrate however I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work in the same mechanism to increase creatine levels with nitrate and make it better
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

grapefruit?
    ha my bad I thought you guys were talking about grape fruit but it was grape juice! That's what I get for speed reading.

Alright, last night into today my diet faltered a bit but I'm okay with that... I enjoyed a fat cheeseburger at a sports bar last night, about a thousand rum and cokes afterwards (give or take), a fat cajun omelet with hashbrowns and toast this morning and stir fry for dinner.

So tomorrow starts the fat smack/slin shot and I'm pumped! I won't eat like this once the stack starts as to get the best possible results.
    follow me as I smack my fat off with Purus Labs - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/169726-tbarrows-first-log.html
  15. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%

sounds like you had a hell of a night ... ahh I havent had one like that in soooo long. I live about 30mins from atlantic city and most of my weekends used to be like that..
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

sounds like you had a hell of a night ... ahh I havent had one like that in soooo long. I live about 30mins from atlantic city and most of my weekends used to be like that..
    Where at in NJ bra?! I went to college at Stockton so I know allllllll about the weekends in AC haha

Also how are you dosing this stack, Josh?
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

Day 1.

Woke up and popped 1 slin shot on my way to work about 20 minutes pre breakfast. Breakfast was 1 whole egg w/ 1 cup whites, 2/3 cup oats and 1/2 grapefruit. Took 1 fat smack with breakfast as well, will be monitoring stim effect throughout the day.

I'm a relative stim virgin, I don't drink coffee or any type of caffeine so stim based fat burners often times have a profound effect on me... though EC never gave me the jitters or anything which was strange.

I'll weigh in today at the gym after work and upload those pics - I took a few yesterday, they're not the best starting pics considering I was nursing a monster hang over and pregnant with a food baby but oh well.

Question for Grambo... I see the Fat Smack has '1,3,7-trimethylxanthine, 2-amino-4-methylhexane (a naturally occuring constituent of Geranium Oil)', is that different then a product that lists just '1,3 Dimethylamylamine (Geranium Flower)' in the profile? I see they're both of the Geranium family but different nomenclature.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.44%

There are two nomenclatures there. The first is full nomenclature for caffeine and the second is full nomenclature of geranium.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

in for the win
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    There are two nomenclatures there. The first is full nomenclature for caffeine and the second is full nomenclature of geranium.
    thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    in for the win
    awesome, glad to have ya!

So today was my first day, first dose and if I could give my first impression as of right now I'd say it's pretty good. All morning long I had a steady surge of energy, wasn't jittery, wasn't bugging out, but was definitely more enegetic than normal - which sucked because work is slow today! But also the biggest thing and it seems to be what most people notice, is the appetite suppression. Usually, especially when work is slow, I want to eat eat eat but today I haven't had a craving or pang since breakfast - I'll be a happy dude if this continues.

Taking my 2nd dose of fat smack 30 minutes pre gym so will note effects on workout as well later.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Happy 1st log man! I'm in
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Stubbed in.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Happy 1st log man! I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    Stubbed in.
    awesome thanks for the support guys!

I'll toss up a before pic right quick... I've got others to post up that are on my laptop at home and will get to them asap.

****ty cell phone pic but I'm hoping over the next month to trim a considerable amount of body fat - not sure where I'm at currently (any suggestions on bf %?) - while keeping strength gains up and moving.

Started carb cycling today, big carb up day since it's a Lower Power day - 1 slin shot pre breakfast carbs + 1 fat smack - will take 2nd fat smack 30 minutes pre workout and 2 slin shot immediately post workout. I must say though, the fat smack pills are pretty badass looking!

24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

I've gotta tell y'all - the appetite suppression from the fat smack is great. Granted it's just day 2, but I again have not had a single crave or hunger pang since eating breakfast... gotta love that.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.99%

Quote Originally Posted by tbarrows View Post
    I've gotta tell y'all - the appetite suppression from the fat smack is great. Granted it's just day 2, but I again have not had a single crave or hunger pang since eating breakfast... gotta love that.
    good stuff man! no appetite def makes it easier to eat the right things! I tried out a bottle of Rezolution, had the same effect on me...I keep meaning to try out some of the Purus line...
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

Sunday funday update...

Still absolutely loving the appetite suppression effects of the fat smack. I'm not sure exactly what to expect as far as feelings from the slin shot, I take it pre big carb meals on non workout days and immediately post workout with big carb/sugar meals. I do feel less bloated from big carb meals which is nice and probably can be attributed to the slin shot so all in all it's been a pretty bang up week.

Again, I allowed the young college Matt in me to get the best of me last night in Atlantic City. Needless to say my diet fell apart last night with hoagies for dinner, chinese food at 2 am and another hoagie at 5 am... but hey, when you get a free suite at the Borgata stocked with food what's a guy do to?!?!

Regardless of my failed attempts at abstaining from drinking and eating like shit I still feel very lean today. I figure 1 night of drinking when I eat super clean and regimented 6 days out of the week isnt' the worst thing in the world anyway.

Will take 1 week weight tomorrow. Will take pics at the halfway point as well.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

DAY 16

hey guys, thought I'd pop in and give a brief update as I'm now over 2 weeks into this stack and can't say enough good things about it. The appetite suppression from the fat smack is still strong and I love that about it. I also really like the subtle energy I get from it, not to say its not good at energizing me because it is, it's just not jittery or anything.

My afternoon dose fell out of a whole in my pocket at work the other day so I wasn't able to take it pre gym since I go straight from work and I was noticeably sluggish without it. I hope it's not like this when the bottle comes to an end because it took me a bit to snap out of it and ultimately had a poor showing in the weight room.

Slin Shot has been doing it's thing for sure and for some reason when I stack it with creatine nitrate I feel.... different. In a good way though. Tighter, more lean around my obliques which are naturally wide.

time to get back to work, talk to you meatheads later!
  28. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%

hey guys, thought I'd pop in and give a brief update as I'm now over 2 weeks into this stack and can't say enough good things about it. The appetite suppression from the fat smack is still strong and I love that about it. I also really like the subtle energy I get from it, not to say its not good at energizing me because it is, it's just not jittery or anything.

My afternoon dose fell out of a whole in my pocket at work the other day so I wasn't able to take it pre gym since I go straight from work and I was noticeably sluggish without it. I hope it's not like this when the bottle comes to an end because it took me a bit to snap out of it and ultimately had a poor showing in the weight room.

Slin Shot has been doing it's thing for sure and for some reason when I stack it with creatine nitrate I feel.... different. In a good way though. Tighter, more lean around my obliques which are naturally wide.

I'm only on day 3 of my fat smack and I noticed the sam feeling with the stim. It is more of a relaxing feel good type of feeling. I am liking it alot thus far.. Good to hear the effects are still strong two weeks in. Are you taking 1 or 2 caps in the morning?
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.99%

Good stuff man! meant to have checked back in the last day or 3 to see how you were doing...
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

I'm only on day 3 of my fat smack and I noticed the sam feeling with the stim. It is more of a relaxing feel good type of feeling. I am liking it alot thus far.. Good to hear the effects are still strong two weeks in. Are you taking 1 or 2 caps in the morning?
    1 cap in the morning and 1 in the afternoon about 40 minutes pre gym.... I think I might bump it up to 2 in the am or 2 pre workout now that I think about it. WIll report back if I do. You're gonna love it, broseph!

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Good stuff man! meant to have checked back in the last day or 3 to see how you were doing...
    yo schiz! Yep everythings fine and dandy here, enjoying the ride. How are you doing? I haven't popped in there in a few days, my apologies, I've been less active lately due to work since its our busy time of year. Poppin' over there now, homey!
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.14%

bumping for a 30 day review.

still going strong, appetite seems to be rebounding but I'm not ravenous or anything. Weight loss has been steady and strength has continued to rise.

I weighed in on Sunday at 179.5 which for me is incredible considering I probably haven't been below 180 lbs since high school. I'm probably back up to around 180 now with water weight and all but I'll be honest seeing the scale tip into the 170's was a great site!

I've been able to cut roughly 5 pounds in the past month while keeping strength up eating about 2,450 calories.

Good stack is good.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Purus Fat Smack & Slin Shot (Sponsored)
    By pigpen75 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 01:11 AM
  2. Smack This! (Sponsored Purus Log -Fat Smack/Slinshot Log)
    By TheDarkHalf in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
  3. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
  4. Purus Labs Fat Smack?
    By ronaldino in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 05:05 PM