MidwestBeast's L.I.T. UP Review (sponsored)

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

MidwestBeast's L.I.T. UP Review (sponsored)

All right, first thing is first - big thank-yous to all the good people at AN for hooking me up with this opportunity (FW Friedel, Outside Backer, chubbarock & drooks10).

I received my tub yesterday and tried one scoop out before my evening arm workout. I was only selected to do a review, but doing just one seems kind of shady when a company is cool enough to hook you up with the fullsize product and not just a sample.

So, with that being said, I'll be doing a few periodic reviews. It won't be as regular as a log, but I want to add as much as I can to do my part here.

My current goal is solely to cut and my training style is 1 week of high intensity workouts (4x12's and 60 second rest periods) and the following week of Max-OT training to preserve muscle. I alternate from week to week. I'm on a 5 day split with the other 2 days dedicated to cardio.

I'm in a Max-OT week and last night was Arms. I dosed one scoop an hour after my pre-workout meal and took about 1.5-2g of DAA along with it.

My initial thought was the taste was great. Someone else said it tastes like candy; and it does. It didn't have that tart aftertaste that most pre-workouts that initially taste sweet have. There was a bit of product left inside the shaker, but not enough for me to even find it necessary to put more water in and swish it around again for another swig (which I have done with other products before because it seemed necessary).

I didn't "feel" a whole lot when I was at the gym; which is fine for me. It's also a very different workout style during Max-OT - it's very slow paced because the sets and reps are minimal and the weight is just very heavy. I didn't notice any insane pumps or anything like that, but I will say my arms looked nice and veiny during the workout - brachial was looking real thick during DB hammer curls (though 85-pounders will do that ).

My numbers were very solid on this workout since I haven't done a Max-OT workout for arms since July or August. I was very impressed.

I will likely tonight for legs go to 1.5 scoops and then just another .5g or so of DAA additionally.

I'm impressed so far and I will update when I see fit.

Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In for this one MB!!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.56%

nice man, in for this
    -Jon-
    Applied Nutriceuticals Forum Representative - www.appnut.com
    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applied-Nutriceuticals/64122223218
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Used 2 scoops last night for leg day. Again, not a big "feeling" from this, but I like it. Usually what is "felt" is the stims and/or beta alanine, anyway (that's how Jack3d hooked me in a year ago, but I really do love its profile, too).

Again, got some nice vascularity (though my current carb cycle is really helping with that, too...love me some Sline Sane before pre and postworkout carb meals). But even my forearm veins looked great and it was leg day!

Nice, smooth focus and solid numbers for me. Pulled 345x5 on my last 2 sets of squats, which were very, very slow (and of course, all the way down! because otherwise it's not a squat!).

I'll rock 2 scoops again for delts/traps tonight.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.89%

Nice update!
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%

I've been using 2 scoops regularly for pre-workout since receiving it. I definitely like this product; it's clean, smooth energy and focus. It's nothing over the top in terms of "man, I really notice it" but I personally think that is a good quality as usually that is linked to being jam packed with stims and/or BA.

I hit 500x4 on dead lifts yesterday, just for mentioning's sake.

I'm a big fan of the DAA being in this product. For that reason, though, I'd make sure to use this cycled and only bring it out occasionally in year-round usage (just my take).

The only thing so far that I could classify as even remotely negative (and it really isn't a downside so much as just something to be aware of) is that after you drink it, there's an almost syrup-like residue left on the inside of the shaker cup. I can't remember which other product it was off the top of my head, but I have noticed this before. It's not a bad thing, but you'd want to make sure not to have this in the car, chug it, and then wait til later to wash out your shaker. I wash mine out immediately after I slam it and even then it's still a bit stubborn.

Things are going well with this product, though! Nice job on this one, AN!
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%

Tonight or tomorrow night will unfortunately be my last chance to use LITUp before it's gone.

I very, very much enjoy this product and would highly recommend it. It is a great blend for steady, smooth energy and focus and I absolutely love that in includes the DAA. I have been taking it at 2 scoops pre-workout and love it. I'd consider running it at 1 scoop and add a little bulk DAA if you want it to last longer or if you don't need as much of the other ingredients. 2 scoops has been very good to me, though.

Prior to using this, my go-to has always been Jack3d. I still have love for it, because it's a great product, but this tops it out for me, now.

Again, I wouldn't necessarily want to run DAA continuously without breaks, so I'd consider rocking a tub of this, then a different pre-workout, then back to LITUp.

The two pre-workouts I want to try the most that I have yet to are the new formulation of APS's Mesomorph and MusclePharm's Assault. Both have solid profiles and great reviews.

I unfortunately have a decent amount of several other preworkouts left that I told myself I'd use before buying anything else, lol.

Short version: LITUP is fantastic. I will purchase it in the future. It gets my full recommendation.

Thank you to everyone over at AppNut again for the opportunity to review this.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.69%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Tonight or tomorrow night will unfortunately be my last chance to use LITUp before it's gone.

I very, very much enjoy this product and would highly recommend it. It is a great blend for steady, smooth energy and focus and I absolutely love that in includes the DAA. I have been taking it at 2 scoops pre-workout and love it. I'd consider running it at 1 scoop and add a little bulk DAA if you want it to last longer or if you don't need as much of the other ingredients. 2 scoops has been very good to me, though.

Prior to using this, my go-to has always been Jack3d. I still have love for it, because it's a great product, but this tops it out for me, now.

Again, I wouldn't necessarily want to run DAA continuously without breaks, so I'd consider rocking a tub of this, then a different pre-workout, then back to LITUp.

The two pre-workouts I want to try the most that I have yet to are the new formulation of APS's Mesomorph and MusclePharm's Assault. Both have solid profiles and great reviews.

I unfortunately have a decent amount of several other preworkouts left that I told myself I'd use before buying anything else, lol.

Short version: LITUP is fantastic. I will purchase it in the future. It gets my full recommendation.

Thank you to everyone over at AppNut again for the opportunity to review this.
    Thank you for the kind words. Good to read that you like LIT-UP so much!
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%

Quote Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. Good to read that you like LIT-UP so much!
    Anytime, bro. I only speak the truth when it comes to supplements, and yours has found a home in my pre-wo rotation.
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

very solid review here very helpful.thanks mid.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.69%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Anytime, bro. I only speak the truth when it comes to supplements, and yours has found a home in my pre-wo rotation.
    That is great to hear. Good luck with your lifting goals!!!
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!

Similar Forum Threads

1. MidwestBeast's SNS TTA-500 Log (sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM
  2. MidwestBeast's **** Better Protein Bar Review (sponsored)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 08:56 PM
  3. MidwestBeast's APS Testalensis 100 Log (Sponsored)
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 06:01 PM
  4. MidwestBeast's Controlled Labs Purple Psyko Review (sponsored)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 04:19 PM