Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
INTRODUCTION

2011 started off well - and I'm going to KEEP it going FORWARD.
This is the year for moving from strength to strength, climbing the mountain towards the peak.

I've just finished logging LG Sciences' beta 7-keto DHEA Topical:
Will LG's New Topical 7-keto DHEA become a Staple in the Female Terminator's Arsenal?
It is the most enjoyable topical that I have ever run, and I would like to keep using this as a staple when it becomes available.

However, it's COMPETITION PREPARATION time again!

I am 13 weeks out from my first planned Figure competition of the year.

I have teamed up with Genomyx

(and Performance Enhancing Supplements)
for the 2011 competition season as a Sponsored Athlete.

I am going to kick off my first competition preparation with the H.E.A.T. Stack - a product I have never used.

I am going to be using the H.E.A.T. Stack standalone for a week to see how my body responds to that alone,
and then add in DCP and Eviscerate Smolder - both of which I have used before.
I will also be using Slin-Sane again.

After a further week, I will add my staple Alpha-T2 back in.

GOALS

For a month I am going to CONTINUE TO RECOMP whilst maintaining 8-10% bodyfat, focusing specifically on:
* Capping my delts and adding a little more mass to my arms
* Regaining my strength
* Returning to a decent level of fitness

After that month I am going to go straight into CUTTING mode for eight weeks,
with the goal to get to 7% bodyfat (or as low as physiologically possible - and this time I AM going to do it!)
My body mass is irrelevant, but is likely to be ~108 pounds for competition.

The week pre-competition will be the "peak" week, specific for me re 7-day "diet-down" re competition.

My competition goal is to win my WNBF Figure Pro card.
To do this I need to win my Class AS WELL as the Overall Figure title at the competition.

Last time I competed I got third.

3rd-Figure-Short_INBF-Midwest-Championships-2010_Rosie-Chee-Scott.jpg

Knowing what I need to work on, I am going to focus more not on just getting leaner, but also on:
* Posing, so that my Quarter Turns and T-Walk are the best possible to highlight my physique
* Stage Presence and being confident, acting like I am the sexiest thing there and know it (being a tomboy by nature, this - next to dieting - is going to be the hardest thing for me to do)

BODY STATISTICS

I'm starting this log at:
* Body Composition of 9.8% bodyfat
* Body Mass of 115.2 pounds (please note that my bodyweight fluctuates a LOT, and so is not a good indicator of what my physique is like, and right now, depending on my nutrition fluctuates between 111-115 pounds)

TRAINING

I am following my own personal second modification of the Velocity Training Programme.

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Shoulders + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Tuesday: 20 min Cardio + Arms + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Full-Body (Velocity Session A) + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Thursday: 20 min Cardio + Full-Body (Velocity Session B) + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Friday: HIIT Cardio + Full-Body (Velocity Session C) + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Saturday or Sunday*: V-Burn Challenge Circuit + Stretch 20-20 minutes

* The day that I do NOT do the V-Burn Challenge Circuit will be my Day OFF for that week.

I also add in ~10 minutes of Post-Weights Cardio on 3-4 days.

With resistance training, I use lower reps - not just so that I can lift heavier, but because lower reps at a heavy weight for me personally means improved strength, more mass, and definite leaning. I always lift as heavy as I can for the reps I set out to do each session, and I use 30 seconds to 1 minute recovery between sets/supersets/trisets/giant sets.

I generally do not do any specific work for my legs as my lower body overwhelms my upper body - if I train legs, I gain muscle mass despite what I do and more muscle in my legs is NOT what I want or need. ANY Legs work (i.e. Full-Body days) I deliberately use lighter weights for.

From 7 February, 2011:

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders + Post-Weights Cardio

Tuesday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min

Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms** + Post-Weights Cardio**

Thursday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body + Post-Weights Cardio

Friday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body + [optional] Post-Weights Cardio

Saturday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Upper Body + [optional] Post-Weights Cardio

Sunday: Day Off

** Arms can be done on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

From 17 February: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday will be used for 2-a-day training some weeks.

From 26 February, 2011:

Monday***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings + Post-Weights Cardio

Tuesday***: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms + Post-Weights Cardio

Wednesday***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Chest/Abs + Post-Weights Cardio

Thursday***: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Back + Post-Weights Cardio

Friday***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body + Post-Weights Cardio

Saturday: Day Off

Sunday: HIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min

*** A pm cardio session of at least 20 minutes to be done on 3-4 of these days.

It is also highly likely that I will NOT schedule in my weekly Day Off, but take it once a week when required, and continue on with training from where I left off before it.

As much of my cardio as possible is going to be done RUNNING, since my body responds best re fat loss to high running (or cycling) mileage.

Posing Practice will start when I get under 10% bodyfat for 10-15 minutes daily.

Genomyx_HEAT-Stack_Rosie-Chee-Scott.jpg

NUTRITION

My nutrition does not play as much of a role as my training does in my conditioning. However, I know what works for my body, what I am sensitive to, and what I feel better eating, and I HAVE to stop or minimize the foods that I am sensitive and have intolerances to, since my body can no longer handle the weekly fluctuations of 10-15 pounds gain and then loss - sometimes over only a few days - in scale weight. I am working on making it better, so that my nutrition COMPLIMENTS my training and works WITH my body, instead of constantly making everything more difficult.

Even though I will be calorie cycling, with 5-6 meals daily, 2-3 hours apart, LISTENING to my body on a daily basis and adjusting my nutrition (as I do my training) as required, I am going to be following my own modification of Ryan's modified Paleo Style Diet with no dairy, wheat, oats, soy, corn, peanuts, or legumes. Basmati rice, kumara (i.e. sweet potato), and fruits are going to be my sources of carbohydrates, alongside good fats of Naturally More peanut butter, and protein primarily from chicken, liquid egg whites, fish, and my Muscle Gels.

I drink 1-2 UK galleons (a UK galleon is 4.54 litres) of water a day, with the only other liquid that I consume re drinks being herbal or green tea.

Abs_Rosie-Chee-Scott.jpg

SUPPLEMENTS

(in alphabetical order):

Alpha-T2: 2 caps first thing and 2 caps ~8 hours post-Dose 1 (from 23 January, until 14 February)/
Start again 20 February (until 28 February).

Assault (Blue Arctic Raspberry flavour): 1 serving ~30 min pre-training (until 16 January)/
From 18 January - (Raspberry Lemonade flavour) 1 serving ~30 min pre-training (training days); 1 serving 60-120 min post-first thing (non-training days).

BC+EAA (Grape flavour): 21 grams post-Meal 1, 21 grams post-Meal 3, and 10.5 grams pre-bed.

DCP: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps immediately post-training, 2 caps pre-Meal 4, and 1 cap pre-bed (from 6 February, until 1 March).

Erase: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps 6-8 hours post-Dose 1, and 1 cap pre-bed (from 30 January, until 16 February)/
Start again 20 February.

Gut Health: 1 cap first thing and 1 cap immediately pre-Meal 1 (17-22 January)/
From 23 January - 1 cap first thing/
From 31 January - 1 cap immediately pre-Meal 1 (until 11 February).

H.E.A.T. Stack: 1 cap first thing, 1 cap 6-8 hours post-dose 1, and 1 cap pre-bed (until 17 February).

IGF-2: 3 caps first thing (until 26 January)/
From 10 February - 2 caps first thing, 2 caps ~30 min pre-training, and 2 caps pre-bed/
From 13 February - 3 caps first thing.

Lipotrophin-PM: 2 caps first thing and 2 caps pre-bed.

MuscleGels (Tropical Mango and Key Lime flavours): 1-2 packets daily.

Organic VitaBerry: 5 grams post-Meal 1 and 5 grams post-Meal 3 (until 16 January)/
From 4 February - 5 grams post-Meal 1.

Shift: 1 cap pre-bed (from 20 February)/
From 1 March - 2 caps first thing, 2 caps ~8 hours post-Dose 1, and 1 cap pre-bed.

Shred Matrix: 3 caps immediately post-training and 3 caps either ~30 min pre-Meal 5 or pre-bed (from 31 January).

Slin-Sane: 2 caps immediately post-training, and 1-2 caps 15-30 min pre-meal later in the day/
From 18 January - 2 caps first thing, 2 caps immediately post-training, and 1 cap pre-bed (until 22 January).

Topicals: 24-36 pumps 7-keto DHEA applied post-post-training/morning shower and 24-36 pumps pre-bed (until 23 January)/
From 26 January - Eviscerate applied pre-bed (until 27 January)/
From 30 January - DermaTherm Target applied post-post-training/morning shower or pre-bed/
From 8 February - DermaTherm Target applied post-post-training/morning shower and Eviscerate Smolder applied pre-bed (until 2 March).

Vitamin C: 1 gram first thing, 1 gram immediately post-training, and 1 gram pre-bed.

COMMENTS

Please note that I may or may not comment on all the factors listed below in each 'update'.

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mood/Aggression
Energy
Mental Focus and Clarity
Stress
Libido
Joints
Endurance
Strength
Pump
Vascularity
Quality of Training
Recovery
Appetite
Body Composition and Look
Other Effects
Other Notes
Competition Notes

Last edited:

ModernLats

Awards
When was your last show?

Ill be following along, good luck in all that you do Rose I'm sure your bringing 1st place home this year.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excited to follow your progress. Killer stack you've got there, Rosie :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excited to follow your progress. Killer stack you've got there, Rosie :)
It sure is an awesome stack - there are no holds barred on the intensity of this preparation!

Nice to have you here :)

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
Subbed! I'm running the DCP/Heat/Ev. Smolder combo starting around February so I am very interested in how it works for you. Keep up the good work Rosie!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed! I'm running the DCP/Heat/Ev. Smolder combo starting around February so I am very interested in how it works for you. Keep up the good work Rosie!
It's a great stack - definitely works on paper and others' feedback is stellar, so now it's time to see how it works for me. As you follow, please remember that my body often does not respond to a product the same way everyone else does, and even if it works for me my experience/s can be very different to others, so don't take as what happens with me as what you will feel or notice, etc. Absolutely! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1: Sacrifices

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen." - Frank Lloyd Wright

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

Hoobastank - The Rules/Born to Lead

TRAINING

V-Burn Challenge Circuit (no recovery between exercises; 1 minute recovery between rounds):
2 x rounds -
1. Jumping Split Squat x 10
2. Hand Walkout (from toes) x 10
3. Single-Leg Deadlift (with twist and lateral reach) x 10 per side
4. Push-Up (with alternate side rotation) x 10
5. Jumping Jacks x 10
6. Side Lunges (with over head reach) x 10 per side
7. Handstand Push-Up x 10
8. Squat Thrust (jump and reach) x 10

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours. Perfect.

Mood/Aggression: Great mood :nana:

Energy: Even after all the eating yesterday (my last overboard and cheat day for quite some time), I still have energy, bouncing around like an excitable puppy :silly:

Mental Focus and Clarity: On top of my game!

Stress: I am learning to better IGNORE some stress, even when it's beating at me :dance: Being able to deliberately put stress aside is definitely an important ability/skill to have, especially since I have noticed that even if I have stress, if I'm not stressed about it and thinking about it, results come easier.

Libido: This is something I can also ignore indefinitely if I have to - it's not always ideal, but sometimes it needs to be done :think:

Joints: My wrists have been better today, but I didn't do any weights, and did my push-ups so that I would eliminate pain as much as possible.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: The V-Burn Challenge Circuit is never about strength, but fitness (and it's something different to do).

Pump: Some.

Vascularity: Normal.

Quality of Training: I only did two rounds of the V-Burn Challenge Circuit today - usually this is a 7-round session. So, taking it a little easy after the last couple of weeks, giving my body a short reprieve before it has to get back into it with no holds barred :AR15firing:

Recovery: My adductors and anterior deltoids are still in pain, particularly the latter (those heavy BB Push Presses on Friday were more of an effort than I thought at the time). I should be ok by tomorrow, though (and if I'm not, tough!).

Appetite: The last day of going against my body has been and gone :clap2: Nutrition is ON track to STAY!

Body Composition and Look: Just to give an example of how much my body can fluctuate because of my nutrition, I gained NINE pounds from what I ate yesterday :boggled: (does not help that I have had little appetite the last two weeks and not eaten a lot in that time), but it's all food and water, and so will be gone in a few days. Doesn't mean I feel any less uncomfortable from it, though, and my body is definitely going to be glad that this is NOT going to happen on a regular basis anymore! :duh:

Other Effects: First day of the H.E.A.T. Stack - so far, haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Other Notes: Last day with the Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault - I will be using the Raspberry Lemonade flavour from Tuesday when my new tub arrives. Also used the last dose of my current tub of Organic VitaBerry today, waiting on a new tub to come :sigh1: (changes reflected in post #1) . . .

Competition Notes: First day of competition preparation, so not much to note here, aside from being excited for it :fest30:

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

Water makes up 50-70% of the human body, with lean tissue containing ~73% water and adipose tissue containing ~20% water. Making up such a huge component of the body, water is essential for survival, playing several key roles in the physiological processes of the body, including but not limited to temperature regulation, waste removal, and metabolism. So make sure that you are getting in at least 4.5 litres (one UK galleon) of water a day to cover your water needs.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Review of Muscle Pharm's Assault

I wanted to try the Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault flavour, and Drew was great enough to give me some to last a while. I have used Assault on and off (Sean's stash) when I have not had another preworkout available, but never consistently or cumulatively, and this was my first real opportunity to see how it affected me. The conditions under which I used Assault were not typical of me re other supplements and products used with (i.e. no stimulants, not full dosages of the supplements I was using, and using the bare minimum and not even all of my staples), I was VERY pleasantly surprised with my experience, and already have a tub of the Raspberry Lemonade flavour on the way for continued use. The latest addition to my list of STAPLES, Assault is a product I do not want to be without! See why . . .

What is it?

* Allows you to train harder and longer
* Lift more
* Recover faster
* Increase the anabolic environment and response to training
* Increase nutrient delivery to and waste products from working muscles
* Increase oxygen saturation
* Increased blood flow
* Increase energy output
* Improved mental focus without overstimulation or crash

For more information on Assault, review Muscle Pharm :: Hardcore Series :: Assault.

Formula: 11/10. The addition of the Suma Root is what sets Assault apart from other preworkout formulas, and is the reason why Assault works so well for me.

Smell: 9/10. In the tub the Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault smells like bubblegum. When mixed with water, it has a slightly sweeter scent, but still like bubblegum.

Taste: 8/10. The Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault tasted like a Bubble-O-Bill ice-cream (something we have in New Zealand - bubblegum flavoured ice-cream with a bubblegum nose). The taste could also be likened to the flavour of the Mixed Berry Powerade ZERO.

Solubility: 10/10. The The Blue Arctic Raspberry Assault mixed well on shaking, even for only a few seconds, with no residue.

Texture: 10/10. Like flavoured water/Mixed Berry Powerade ZERO.

Energy: 11/10. I am a stimulant junkie and have to have COPIOUS amounts of caffeine STACKED with several other stimulants/stimulant products to even be functional. However, when I was using Assault, I had actually been without stimulants for a little while and was not using any with it - a very RARE occasion for me. Assault contains little caffeine or stimulants, and if it had been any other preworkout product I would have had to stack it WITH my regular stimulants and INcrease the recommended dosage of that product in order to even see effects re energy, but with Assault ONE SCOOP was enough to give me NOTICEABLE effects re energy - during a time when at any other time, I would be going into serious stimulant withdrawal and be barely alive. The energy from Assault is smooth and focused, and lasted ~12 hours each time - one of the definite highlights of the product.

Mental Focus: 10/10. My focus didn't waver, either in the gym or out of it, and working was definitely easy. As with energy, without stimulants I am non-functional, but I was alert and very productive, with great concentration.

Pumps: 8/10. I got some decent pumps using Assault, even though the bulk of my training re sets/reps was not really optimal for or focused on getting pumps.

Vascularity: 8/10. I actually started seeing veins in my deltoids that I have never seen before when using Assault, which was interesting. Vascularity during training was pretty good, especially through deltoids and arms.

Endurance: 10/10. Definitely had this - my speed endurance just got better and better! The endurance and speed endurance I had using Assault was what I experience when I use Drive, and that's saying something (I will never have to use Drive again)!

Strength: 9/10. I actually adjusted my training programme a week before starting Assault, and was lifting heavier deliberately for most exercises, with strength a focus. I was definitely surprised on a couple of exercises that I was actually able to move a weight I have not used in quite some time, and for pretty much all exercises - except Close-Grip Pull-Ups, which suffered terribly (although there was only a minute rest between sets, and usually I use ~3 minutes for this exercise) - I was able to use weights that I had left off at the end of my last strength-focused training period.

Training Intensity: 10/10. I always train with intensity (aside from the 'off' days, which we all have every now and then, when my body just will not do what I want it to do), and this was no different. However, I was able to even able to keep my intensity high during my post-weights cardio, not something I am often able to do after EVERY resistance session (and usually I will just do this at moderate to high intensity).

Recovery: 9/10. My body only started suffering from training sessions the last few days. Before that, I experienced no DOMS from training, even though I was lifting heavier and doing different things from what I had been doing for the few months prior. And after resistance training, my body most often still felt FRESH, and I was able to make post-weights cardio INTENSE. Sleep was definitely deep and restful. I also want to note that pre, during and now, I have only been using HALF the recommended dosage of IGF-2, dosing only first thing (no pre-bed!) - the only product that has ever really helped me re recovery - and my recovery is as good, if not better than using IGF-2 (recovery being one of the primary reasons why I love IGF-2)!

Nutrient Repartitioner: N/A. I didn't really use Assault for this purpose - in fact, most of the time I was using it, when I ate, I was FORCING the food down because I had NO appetite (which is also rare for me).

Other Effects: 10/10. No Beta-Alanine tingles experienced . . . A lot of sweating during pre-weights cardio (which I don't mind, and could have also been attributed to the fever I was running throughout the first few days of starting Assault) . . . No crash experienced, either physical or mental . . . Assault seems to have a cumulative effect, becoming more noticeable as you use it . . .

Other Comments: I had not used creatine for ~3 weeks before using Assault (another rarity) and my muscle creatine threshold levels had returned to baseline. When using creatine, I dose pre AND post-training, but with Assault it was only pre. Although it takes ~3 weeks at five grams a day for the body's muscle creatine levels to return to reach threshold (meaning I was nowhere close to it), using creatine definitely makes a difference and could have contributed to some of the training effects I experienced.

Overall: 11/10. Assault is the FIRST preworkout product that I have ever used that I used the RECOMMENDED dosage and saw results. It is also the ONLY preworkout product that I have ever used STANDALONE and NOT stacked with multiple stimulant products. The fact that I was FUNCTIONAL on ALL levels withOUT having ANY additional stimulants aside from the minimal caffeine in Assault is the primary reason why Assault fast became my #1 preworkout product of choice and the only one I will use, and my FIRST EQUAL FAVOURITE PRODUCT EVER! For the first time I am NOT using stimulants and I am NOT going into withdrawal, training intensity is awesome and I can breathe well without 'help', my fitness re endurance and speed endurance and strength are on the rise, and my recovery has been awesome using only HALF my regular dosage of IGF-2 - the results speak for themselves! Definitely the inclusion of Suma Root in Assault makes the difference, working synergistically with the Rhodiola Rosea in IGF-2 (I dose these products 60-90 minutes apart), and cumulative effects make for constant progress and improvement on all fronts.

Would I use again? Yes! After using Assault, even for a week, there is nothing else I would choose or want to use pre-training any more - it gives me what I want and need. I can FINALLY stop abusing stimulants and give my body an INdefinite break from them without it being detrimental to my functionality!

Would I recommend? Definitely - I already am! I cannot say enough about Assault!

This review can also be found as a separate review in the Muscle Pharm subforum: Rosie's Review of Assault.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in. This is going to be an awesome ride.
And the big man himself is here - all we need is Matt and Christine and this would be a :party: Welcome Armando - going to be one helluva ride! :popcorn:

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck in the competition, Rosie. Nice pickup on the Assault, wanting to try that myself. following along!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck in the competition, Rosie. Nice pickup on the Assault, wanting to try that myself. following along!

Yeah, Muscle Pharm makes some AWESOME products - MuscleGels are already a STAPLE for me (they are my EXCLUSIVE supplemental protein source, since my body no longer handles protein powder well), and Shred Matrix when I want fat loss (so I will be using that a bit later as well).

Get some Assault - you won't be disappointed! I was shocked at the effects I got, considering my experience with many other preworkout products, but it was a good shock, and I can FINALLY give my body the break it needs from stimulants without stressing over how I am going to cope! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2: Assault addiction to replace my stim habit

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking." - William Butler Yeat

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

Janus - Eyesore

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprinting/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 10 min.

Shoulders (30 sec recovery between supersets/trisets):
Superset A -
1. Behind-the-neck Military Press 4 x 8, 6, 5, 5
2. DB Lateral Raises 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Superset B -
3. Seated BB Military Press 4 x 8, 8, 8, 6
4. DB Hammer Raises 4 x 6, 5, 4, 4
Triset -
5. DB Clean and Press 2 x 12
6. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12 per side
7. Seated DB Rear Raises 2 x 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Treadmill:
a. 1 min @ 12.8 km/hr
b. 1 min @ 14.4 km/hr
c. 4 x 30 sec rest / 30 sec @ 16 km/hr
d. 4 x 30 sec rest / 30 sec @ 17.6 km/hr

Stretch 10 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours - my body clock is returning to normal :)

Mood/Aggression: I am a little fatigued today, but my mood is still good.

Energy: Today is my first (and only) day without Assault (my new tub arrives tomorrow) since I have been without stimulants, and I definitely notice the difference - especially during training! I was (and still are) shattered!

Mental Focus and Clarity: Actually, today I want to give my head a break - I've been so busy and on the go the last couple of weeks that I need a day to quiet myself and clean the cupboards.

Joints: Left wrist is still giving me problems - I am considering strapping it for lifting . . . My shoulders, especially my right biceps' tendon is being very painful - the heavy BB Push Presses on Friday aggravated it . . .

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Had to use the same weights as last week, and was struggling a little because of the pain in my bright biceps' tendon.

Pump: Strong and hard - I was quite surprised actually, since it started from my FIRST set of behind-the-neck BB Military Presses and the reps I did were not pump-inducing reps! Pump stayed throughout the session, and made me feel quite 'full'.

Vascularity: Great - lot of high hoses and blue snakes through my deltoids and arms.

Quality of Training: HIIT Cardio was hard - my efforts felt like they passed slowly today. Pace did not slow as much from the first to the last sprints though . . . Resistance training was also hard. I was feeling the weight and it wasn't as good as previous sessions have been. Pushed through, though, even though I cut out two sets of the Triset because my right anterior deltoids and biceps' tendon was excruciatingly painful . . . Post-Weights Cardio was a little less intense than it has been - was feeling the pace today . . .

Recovery: Anterior deltoids still suffering from Friday's resistance session.

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

For those who want fat loss, but who love their food too much (like me!), try adding in some cardio (preferably 2-4 short, high intensity sessions) to create the required caloric deficit, instead of restricting calorie intake.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I'm in by default. I am going to hear about this log everyday regardless of if I read it or not. LOL. :nana: However, I will check in here and there anyway babe.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in by default. I am going to hear about this log everyday regardless of if I read it or not. LOL. :nana: However, I will check in here and there anyway babe.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
:buttkick:

Bulltonic

Awards
I'm in. Just waiting for my Stack to arrive. How is taking the supps before bed? I heard that it makes people sweat like a pig, not something I want to do in bed-unprovoked of course.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in. Just waiting for my Stack to arrive. How is taking the supps before bed? I heard that it makes people sweat like a pig, not something I want to do in bed-unprovoked of course.
I don't have any issues dosing anything pre-bed, and used to even do stimulants pre-bed. No sweating, etc. - in saying that, everyone is different, so I can't say that if you used the same products as I pre-bed that you might not experience it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3: Don't let others dictate your actions!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be." - Zig Ziglar

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

Sevendust - Shine

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 4 min easy
b. 8 x 60 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 4 min easy

Arms (1 min recovery between supersets/trisets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
2. EZ-Bar Biceps Curls 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
Superset B -
3. Dips 4 x 6-8
4. DB French Press (standing) 4 x 6
Triset -
5. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 8
6. Alternate Hammer Curls 4 x 10 per side
7. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 4 x 8

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Complete turnaround from what it has been - I am angry, frustrated, extremely aggressive and edgy. The people who you would think would be behind you every step of the way are often the first to try and tear you down, trap you in a little box, so that you don't progress. I am NOT going to let that happen to ME!

Energy: Once the anger kicked in, I had energy!

Mental Focus and Clarity: Good - I have a lot of stuff to get through today, lots of consideration and huge decisions to make.

Stress: Well beyond the red!

Joints: Pain in wrists, but I'll manage.

Strength: Was using five pounds more than last week for this session, so some improvement.

Pump: Hard and painful in both biceps and triceps - the heavier weights, even at lower reps, seems to do this.

Vascularity: Normal.

Quality of Training: There was a lot of aggression driving my training today, especially my resistance training, and I didn't care that the weights hurt my wrists, wanting to just SMASH something (if only I still had my punching bags!)

Recovery: Just anterior deltoids to recover now.

Appetite: My appetite has returned in full force.

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

Don't let those who think you should be doing something else deter you - there will ALWAYS be these people, trying to drag you down, wanting you to become what THEY want you to be and do, instead of what YOU want, but you do NOT have to listen to them. Drown them out by surrounding yourself with like-minded people, a support network for you in the pursuit of your fitness goals.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4: Know what you want and go after it!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now." - Goethe

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

Saliva - Starting Over

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprinting/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging
d. 1 min sprinting

Stretch 10 min.

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between sets):
1. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 5 x 4-5
2. Overhead BB Squats 4 x 5
3. Dips 4 x 5
4. Ab Rollout 4 x 5

Post-Weights Cardio - Stepper:
a. 10 min @ 10 floors/min
b. 10 min @ 11 floors/min

Stretch 10 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours. My body is back doing to my regular sleeping period - now to be back on regular sleeping time!

Mood/Aggression: Got a fair amount of aggression out during training - got a lot more to release though!

Energy: Energy is back!

Mental Focus and Clarity: Today is a day for lots of work and some serious thinking.

Stress: It's all catching up on me now, and I can't ignore it any more.

Joints: Left wrist was suffering today - I need to start back on Erase as soon as possible (and if I can help it, never stop using it)!

Strength: Added 5-10 pounds to all exercises (except Overhead BB Squats - since for Legs' exercises, I deliberately use light weights because I don't want more mass there).

Pump: In arms.

Vascularity: Getting better and better - getting leaner is going to help as well.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was good. Sprints are back to being able to keep the pace, even though my body felt dead after the first few. Breathing is getting easier during my sprints as well . . . Resistance training was hard on my wrists, but I managed to push through . . . Upped the intensity during Post-Weights Cardio . . .

Recovery: Anterior delts are still causing slight issues re pain, but everything else is fine.

Appetite: Back and SCREAMING at me - at least it'll be good to add some more mass before I start cutting (I know, I said it, and I'm going to do it!) in 3.5 weeks.

Other Notes: I've started dosing 2 caps of Slin-Sane first thing, since it helps me feel a lot better (changes reflected in post #1) . . . On a completely random note, I have barely been able to stay away through a complete movie for the most part of this year. I've only stayed away through TWO, and the last two weeks, passed out halfway through Tron and The Fighter last week, and last night Season of the Witch - sucks because I have to watch them all over again to see the last half . . .

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

The FIRST step to achieving anything is knowing what you want, setting a goal! If you have a goal the you can know what steps you need to take to reach it. Therefore, goal setting is the first factor that you should consider whenever you want your body to change. Goals made should be SMART – specific, measurable, adjustable, realistic, and time-based - goals. Those that are the most successful in achieving the body they desire understand the importance of setting goals, knowing what they want, where they want to be, and when they want to be there. They know that it is the first step in the journey of change. So become one of those people, and set your body and fitness goals today!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5: Consistency is more important than anything else!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose." - Benjamin Disraeli

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

Hatebreed - Through the Thorns

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
20 min in 39x18 @ 106-108 rpm

Full-Body (45 sec recovery between sets):
1. Wide-Grip Lat-Pulldown 5 x 8RM
2. Incline DB Bench Press 5 x 8RM
3. BB Romanian Deadlift 5 x 8
4. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curl 5 x 8RM
5. Hanging Straight-Legs Raises (toes touch bar) 5 x 8

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x18 @ 108 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (rpm N/A)
c. 4 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Sometimes you just have to say "Fcuk it!" and let it go - there will always be haters and those who cannot fathom the truth even when it is right in front of them, and it's a waste of time to bother with them.

Energy: Definitely back.

Mental Focus and Clarity: More work and mental gymnastics today - my head is SPINNING!

Stress: Still need to take that time out, since didn't manage it the other day - my mind was working well overtime and wouldn't stop, no matter what!

Libido: Could be high . . . Later . . .

Joints: Wrists still in pain, but this is something that it's highly likely I am going to endure for the rest of my life, so unless there are any drastic changes, this doesn't need to be commented on more.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: Added 5-10 pounds to every exercise from this session last week.

Pump: Not really today - the only pump was in my legs after the rollers.

Vascularity: Good.

Quality of Training: Yes, rollers today - been a while since I've been on them and my glutes were feeling it a little for the first few minutes . . . Into my resistance training, pushing through it, making sure after yesterday that I progressed from last week . . . Since I don't have a treadmill here, just did HIIT for Post-Weights Cardio . . .

Recovery: The heavier weights are probably taking more out of me than I think - especially since when I'm doing them, I most often don't feel like I'm doing much at all - until ~12 hours later in the day, when I am starting to feel fatigued.

Appetite: The last few days have seen me struggle to drink water - it's odd, my body not wanting it and feeling as if I am going to be sick every time I drink it. On top of that, my appetite is raging, and I have not been the best re diet, craving marzipan (I love that stuff!) of all things, and consuming food like I am not going to see any next week (which is fine helping in adding some more mass, since I still have ~3.5 weeks before I outright cut, but still, NOT a good habit to get back into . . .)

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

Fitness is NOT just about looking good. "Looking good" does not always mean that one is fit (or healthy), even though a pleasing figure can come as a result of having superior fitness. Don't be one of those individuals who concentrates only on looking good, but focus on your health and fitness, and the aesthetic benefits will follow.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Review of Muscle Pharm's MuscleGel Shots (Key Lime flavour)

I've been using MuscleGel Shots for some time now. The innovation behind them is great, and since the first one, I decided to use them as a staple, and not long after that, as my EXCLUSIVE source of supplemented protein . . . I've used all the flavours - not a fan of the Banana Cream and Cinnamon Roll flavours, but Tropical Mango and Key Lime are the best, the latter my favourite flavour! . . . When I made my first review, I did it after my first box of Tropical Mango - the rating I gave it was not even close! So here goes again . . .

What is it?

* Fast
* Convenient
* Complete

For more information, review Muscle Pharm :: MuscleGel Shots.

Formula: 10/10. 22g of protein, no sugar, and no fat makes MuscleGel Shots perfect for my wants and needs. As with all of their products, Muscle Pharm has delivered another awesome formula and a definite staple in my supplement arsenal!

Smell: 10/10. On opening the MuscleGel Shot, you can't actually smell it unless you put your nose right up to it. Faint smell of fresh limes for the Key Lime flavour.

Taste: 10/10. The Key Lime flavour is my favourite of all the MuscleGel Shot flavours - it tastes like one is consuming the juice from fresh limes, a very refreshing and tropical flavour.

Texture: 10/10. Smooth and silky and slides down your throat. Looking at the gel actually reminds me of a roll-up.

Convenience: 11/10. You don't have to mix MuscleGel Shots with water. You don't have to inconveniently lug around tubs and shakers, or bags with powder in, to make sure you get your protein when you want it. MuscleGel Shots fit anywhere and can be taken whenever and wherever you want, gone as quickly (literally seconds!) or as slowly as you desire (although you want to get it down as fats as you can because they are that good).

Body Composition: N/A. Although MuscleGel Shots would not be directly responsible for any changes in body composition, they definitely make fat loss or muscle gains more convenient and ensure that nutritional requirements for both are met. MuscleGel Shots (along with Shred Matrix and Assault) are going to play a hugely important role in my cutting cycle (the second one ever)!

Recovery: N/A. MuscleGel Shots are definitely a fast and convenient product for use immediately following training, allowing for a kickstart on recovery.

Overall: 11/10. I cannot say enough about MuscleGels Shots - although they are slightly pricier than protein powder, for the ease and convenience of the product and the fact that protein powder now upsets my stomach, alongside BCAAs, they are my exclusive chosen source for protein. When I have no appetite - which until recently was a very rare occurrence - MuscleGel Shots are lifesavers and I literally LIVE on them.

Would I use again? Yes. I have tried ALL the flavours now and have my favourites with Tropical Mango and Key Lime. MuscleGel Shots are a STAPLE for me, and my EXCLUSIVE source of supplemented protein.

Would I recommend? No hesitation - I would recommend these over protein powder, period!

This review can also be found as a separate review in the Muscle Pharm subforum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/muscle-pharm/167784-rosies-review-musclegel.html#post2724951.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And the big man himself is here - all we need is Matt and Christine and this would be a :party: Welcome Armando - going to be one helluva ride! :popcorn:
Present and accounted for.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm in for this but first I got 2 question.

1) Do you type super fast cause...well...those are awesome/hellof/detailed updates/reviews!

2) This is super off topic but I don't who else to ask. It's about hair...yeah hair! Do I pm you about it or just post it here?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I'm in for this but first I got 2 question.

1) Do you type super fast cause...well...those are awesome/hellof/detailed updates/reviews!

2) This is super off topic but I don't who else to ask. It's about hair...yeah hair! Do I pm you about it or just post it here?
Hi there :)

1. Yes, I type quickly, but it also takes me a while to do some updates.

2. Post it here. If it's anything about what I use to look after my hair, the answer is simple: I don't dye my hair, and I don't use hair products, and wash it daily exclusively with Pantene Pro-V shampoos and conditioners. If it's about how to get longer hair, get it cut more often, take care of it, etc. - some people's hair just won't grow very long or past a certain length, whereas others' hair can grow like mine does, fast regardless, and even faster if I actually get it trimmed/cut. If it's about anything else, post it here.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Hi there :)

1. Yes, I type quickly, but it also takes me a while to do some updates.

2. Post it here. If it's anything about what I use to look after my hair, the answer is simple: I don't dye my hair, and I don't use hair products, and wash it daily exclusively with Pantene Pro-V shampoos and conditioners. If it's about how to get longer hair, get it cut more often, take care of it, etc. - some people's hair just won't grow very long or past a certain length, whereas others' hair can grow like mine does, fast regardless, and even faster if I actually get it trimmed/cut. If it's about anything else, post it here.
Thank you!

That's what I use and my grows fast(not as fast as yours but fast) but mine has a dry look and I use conditioner. I let it air dry but I don't know why it has that look...got any tip?
Also bench press, squats, and military press are kinda annoying with long hair do you put all your hair up for workout? Cause laying on a knot sucks and if it's pony tail it'll get yanked. My hair looks just like this

and yes it is that long :D

and thanks for the help!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you!

That's what I use and my grows fast(not as fast as yours but fast) but mine has a dry look and I use conditioner. I let it air dry but I don't know why it has that look...got any tip?
Also bench press, squats, and military press are kinda annoying with long hair do you put all your hair up for workout? Cause laying on a knot sucks and if it's pony tail it'll get yanked.
No worries :)

Your hair could be dry BECAUSE you use an air-dryer - I don't use them, but let it dry naturally or just shove it up in a ponytail once I've had a shower.

Well, considering that my hair is down to my knees, yeah, I tie it up in a ponytail and then knot it with a clip through it when training (it fell out once when I was running, and believe me when I tell you I noticed the difference having it down - it was heavy, swaying from side to side).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6: LIVE!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Life is too short to not pursue YOUR life." - Jammie Bane

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

Five Finger Death Punch - Dying Breed

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 10 min.

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between sets):
1. BB Front Squat 5 x 5
2. Close-Grip Flat BB Bench Press 6 x 4-5
3. Reverse Rows (feet on bench) 6 x 4-5
4. BB Push Press 5 x 5

Post-Weights Cardio - Skip/Box:
a. 1 min Skip
b. 1 min Straight Punches
c. 1 min Skip
d. 1 min Hooks
e. 1 min Skip
f. 1 min Uppercuts
g. 1 min Skip
h. 1 min Pitter-Patter
i. 1 min Skip
j. 1 min Plank

Stretch 12 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Little longer today with ~8 hours.

Energy: Energy was fine until after my weights.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Need to be on the ball today.

Stress: My mind just doesn't turn off!!!

Strength: Did better than last week re weight. The extra weight (+10 pounds from this session last week!) re body mass makes a huge difference on the bodyweight exercises (i.e. Reverse Rows) as well!

Pump: During BB Push Press, was getting it painfully in my left forearm near my elbow, which is odd.

Vascularity: Good.

Quality of Training: Did my HIIT outside today through the snow - definitely prefer running outside, even though it felt like the areas of my face exposed were going to freeze off :D Sprints were good . . . Wow, the BB Front Squats kicked my ass this week - definitely an effort and feeling it up by my hips, which is a surprise. Gritted my teeth and got through the rest of the session . . . My left ankle gave out during the FIRST minute of Post-Weights Cardio, but I just kept on going. Punches were weak, no power behind them, and I felt shattered. With my ankle in pain and my calves cramping badly, I stopped after one round . . .

Recovery: The heavier weights are definitely starting to affect me now.

Body Composition and Look: Up to 125 pounds - +10 pounds from last week and +~15 pounds from two weeks ago. Won't know my body composition until the end of the week, but regardless of WHAT the extra mass is from, it makes me feel highly uncomfortable . . . Also noticed something yesterday that I have never noticed before on me, and felt it again today, even more noticeable. Age and abuse of my body is catching up on me, and this is the final sign that I can no longer "get away" with what I do! I HAVE to start being more serious about my health and fitness . . .

Other Notes: Might be a little longer waiting on the DCP and Eviscerate Smolder, so come Sunday I am going to start using Alpha-T2 again (it's been an effort NOT to start this earlier!), and when the 7-keto DHEA topical is gone, just use the Eviscerate that I have (just got to work through the burn) until the Eviscerate Smolder arrives (changes reflected in post #1).

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

If you want to lose fat quickly and efficiently, high intensity cardio is the best mode of cardio to incorporate into your training programme. Not only does it require less time to complete, but it burns more overall calories throughout the day. High intensity cardio makes the body more efficient at using oxygen and elicits the same hormonal response as resistance training - without the stress on the body - allowing for the same fat burning ability. High intensity exercise is also muscle sparing, due to the shorter exercise period performed and less calories burned during the session, allowing the body to be a more effective fat burning machine, since more muscle mass means a greater ability for the body to lose fat. (Read the rest of this article at The Cardio Debate for Fat Loss: High Intensity versus Low Intensity).

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
In. Looks like a great stack Rosie. I love that you have advice for hair growth and maintenance in your log. LOL Girl knows a little about everything.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In. Looks like a great stack Rosie. I love that you have advice for hair growth and maintenance in your log. LOL Girl knows a little about everything.
Sure is :)

LOL, luelinks asked me about it - that's the only reason it's in there, but if you have anything you would LIKE to see in my log, then you can throw ideas and requests out there and I will consider them (within reason).

I'm in for the ride!
Cool bananas :banana:

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Sure is :)

LOL, luelinks asked me about it - that's the only reason it's in there, but if you have anything you would LIKE to see in my log, then you can throw ideas and requests out there and I will consider them (within reason).

Cool bananas :banana:
LOL. Yeah, I saw. My wife is a stylist so I've got all the hair info I need but thanks!

Way to push through the pain in the ankle. I seem to be pushing through something age/stress related constantly. :aargh:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. Yeah, I saw. My wife is a stylist so I've got all the hair info I need but thanks!

Way to push through the pain in the ankle. I seem to be pushing through something age/stress related constantly. :aargh:
She'd not like me then, LOL - I'm pretty careless with my hair and just chuck it up.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, since this is the second time that that ankle has just given out on me for no seeming reason (and trust me, finding yourself suddenly on the floor is a serious :wtf: moment). Maybe I'll feel it tomorrow . . . Maybe not (I'm hoping not) . . . Stress is pretty much a perpetual issue for me, and now my age is catching up on me - double whammy, LOL, but eh, I'll get through. You always do! . . .

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
She'd not like me then, LOL - I'm pretty careless with my hair and just chuck it up.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, since this is the second time that that ankle has just given out on me for no seeming reason (and trust me, finding yourself suddenly on the floor is a serious :wtf: moment). Maybe I'll feel it tomorrow . . . Maybe not (I'm hoping not) . . . Stress is pretty much a perpetual issue for me, and now my age is catching up on me - double whammy, LOL, but eh, I'll get through. You always do! . . .
She'd totally respect that. She's funny. She does absolutely nothing with her hair. Just other peoples!

I know that WTF feeling real well. I had a major back incident about 5 years ago. I've been having a knee issue for the last 2 days that's making cardio basically impossible.

Age does catch up with you...I've got almost 10yrs on you. I know! Hang in there and take it easy on that ankle! :drillsergeant:

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I gotta say, you have definately got to be one of the top 3 loggers at AM. logs are always informative and fun. Look'n to buy the Heat + DCP stack myself for my spring cut. Good luck in your comp :thumbsup:

swaneon

Awards
very nice!
subbed--im looking to start this next week with a bit of a special diet:
love your reviews!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know that WTF feeling real well. I had a major back incident about 5 years ago. I've been having a knee issue for the last 2 days that's making cardio basically impossible.

Age does catch up with you...I've got almost 10yrs on you. I know! Hang in there and take it easy on that ankle! :drillsergeant:
Yeah, all the injuries I've never properly rehabilitated and the abuse I've given my body are starting to haunt me - got to take care of myself more than ever, walking that fine line, because if I go over it, means a recurrent bout of Chronic Fatigue, and that, trust me, is hell itself.

Age is just a number, LOL, but yeah, it can catch up - I've always been "old", but the last few days I've been feeling like it's suddenly caught me and passed me . . .

I gotta say, you have definately got to be one of the top 3 loggers at AM. logs are always informative and fun. Look'n to buy the Heat + DCP stack myself for my spring cut. Good luck in your comp :thumbsup:
very nice!
subbed--im looking to start this next week with a bit of a special diet:
love your reviews!
Thanks, guys :)

Let me know how you find it - even here, if you like! :bling:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7: BECOME YOUR PASSION!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you." - Monica Brant

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

All That Remains - Hold On

TRAINING

V-Burn Challenge Circuit (no recovery between exercises; 1 minute recovery between rounds):
4 x rounds -
1. Jumping Split Squat x 10
2. Hand Walkout (from toes) x 10
3. Single-Leg Deadlift (with twist and lateral reach) x 10 per side
4. Push-Up (with alternate side rotation) x 10
5. Jumping Jacks x 10
6. Side Lunges (with over head reach) x 10 per side
7. Handstand Push-Up x 10
8. Squat Thrust (jump and reach) x 10

Stretch 23 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Getting closer to what I want my sleeping schedule to be re bed and getting up.

Mood/Aggression: We have to take charge of our own destiny, yes, but I have to trust that God has a future for me in line with the one I want for myself!

Energy: I'm not as 'bouncy' as I have been re energy today - the heavy resistance training is catching up on me and the extra weight is actually having an effect.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Can't afford to clack off today, though.

Stress: Funny how some music can get you worked up and motivate your aggression for things like training, but then the exact same music can also help chill you the fcuk out - that's what hard rock/metal, etc. does for me at any rate, and right now I am listening to it to HELP calm me down and try to relax!

Libido: Rearing its demanding head.

Endurance: Ok.

Strength: Believe me when I say that those extra 10-15 pounds made a HUGE difference to my performance!

Quality of Training: I only did four rounds of the V-Burn Challenge Circuit today. Not only was my left ankle bothering me from yesterday, but both my wrists were suffering during Push-Ups. The Handstand Push-Ups are a b*tch, and I couldn't go all the way down on all of them. Next week, though, there can be NO excuses for not doing SEVEN rounds!

Recovery: Everything is catching up on me.

Other Notes: I will finish up my bottle of Slin-Sane today -yes I know, one bottle in a week; it's crazy! (changes reflected in post #1). I've actually been having an extra dose than what I mentioned earlier, but that's fine - it has been a huge help over the last week.

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

If you want fat loss, then RESISTANCE TRAINING is the BEST type of training you can do! Cardio is NOT even necessary for fat loss (even though it has many benefits and can be used to get your caloric deficit, instead of doing it through lower caloric intake). The BEST way to achieve fat loss though, is through a COMBINATION of resistance training, cardio, AND flexibility (since you can't forget this - stretching is active recovery).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, you have got to be one of the (if not THE) most knowledgeable and helpful posters here on AM. Plus you keep very motivational training logs. Subbed!
Thanks for the kind words of support and encouragement, bud - its nice to see you joining me on this personal journey :) You never truly know the effect you have on others, but hopefully I can continue to make an impact through sharing my passion and helping out.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 8: Week 1 down

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Whatever task that you undertake, do it with all your heart and soul. Always be courteous, never be discouraged. Beware of him who promises something for nothing. Do not blame anybody for your mistakes and failures. Do not look for approval except in the consciousness of doing your best." - Bernard M. Baruch

VIDEO OF THE DAY

Trailer - Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

I loved Spartacus: Blood and Sand - if this is as good, it's going to make for fun and interesting viewing. Gladiators are warriors in their own way. This is Art! The violence and sheer rawness is stunning, and it shows you the best and worst in mankind, enough to make you cringe and then smile . . .

TRAINING

This week's Day OFF.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: NOT happy with my body statistics, but that's primarily my own fault over this last week, so I can accept that. There will be no more of this though - going BACKwards, no matter the circumstance, is simply NOT acceptable!

Energy: On my days off, I am going to have to find something physical to do outdoors for 1-2 hours, just to make sure I am being active - I know it'll make me feel a lot better!

Mental Focus and Clarity: There is no room for not being there today.

Stress: Stress has played a role in my step backwards this last week - everything I have put aside and decided to ignore, that has been seething in my unconscious for the last two weeks, has had more of an effect on me than I thought, all caught up to me. It's time to start booting it OUT of my life!

Libido: When my stress becomes more conscious, this definitely picks up - like it does when I am in a highly aggressive or playful mood . . .

Body Composition and Look: 126 pounds at 11.6% bodyfat. A HUGE difference in body composition this week - +3.3 pounds in bodyfat, and +7.5 pounds in lean body mass (albeit not all muscle, but more likely from food and water weight, since my appetite returned last week). Despite the gains in lean mass, I definitely do NOT like being above 10% bodyfat, and the extra weight is NOT conducive to my athletic performance. The increase in body composition is a step backwards (and although I have been higher re body composition, this is the second heaviest re mass and largest re girths that I have ever been in my life! - something I'm not proud to admit, but hey, accountability, remember), but one that can be corrected quickly - 3-5 weeks to reach 8 bodyfat, and 4-6 weeks to 7% bodyfat (if I can get that low, and damn it I am going to aim for it!)

Other Notes: I've definitely noticed the difference in NOT having Erase and want to add that back in as soon as possible! Started using Alpha-T2 again today. Will also be using Assault on my day off, dosing in the morning (all supplement changes reflected in post #1).

Competition Notes: 12 weeks until my competition. My first week at this was terrible - WORSE than terrible! - with my nutrition even more atrocious than usual (I was having ~4,000 calorie MEALS instead of ~4,000 calorie days!) and nowhere near what it should have been and what I determined to do. However, beating myself up over it is not going to change what has happened (I'll do it anyway), and I can only put it behind me, add it up to experience, knowing what I do NOT want to be doing, look ahead and make it RIGHT from now on.

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

Accountability is a huge thing in staying on track. There may be weeks where you go backwards (like I did this week), but having that accountability keeps you honest, makes you take responsibility for what has happened, and help motivate you to get back on track. Putting yourself out there is also a part of having a "support network" (touched on in an earlier post), giving to others and having them give back to you, a mutually beneficial relationship in achieving your personal goals.

swaneon

Awards
love how you easy to read and organized your logs are, mind if i take a few elements?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
love how you easy to read and organized your logs are, mind if i take a few elements?
Go for it - you wouldn't be the first :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9: Run with it . . .

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C. S. Lewis

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

Three Days Grace - World So Cold

TRAINING

Unexpected happenings meant that my training did not happen at the time planned and prepared for this morning, and by the time it was all over, I figured it more convenient to let my body have today as this week's day off and do today's training tomorrow (means every day will be one 'behind', but as long as it gets DONE, it's ok).

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Slightly longer at ~8 hours. Woke a little out of it, but fine after being up for ~30 minutes.

Mood/Aggression: Interesting . . .

Energy: Lots of nervous energy - I can barely stay still . . . Can barely stop shivering either (even though I'm not cold) :werd:

Mental Focus and Clarity: My body may have the day off, but my mind does NOT - nothing but game face, baby! :laugh:

Stress: SOARING! :yell: :run:

Recovery: Minor aches and pains here and there.

Other Notes: It was a 16-hour work day yesterday :jaw: catching up on everything, working on and implementing new ideas and improvements. That's my days off training for you, LOL, and I only stopped when I started falling asleep at the keyboard :toofunny: On that note, I finally got a list of all my logs and products reviews up (figured it was about time that I had a resource to refer to more quickly): Rosie's Supplement Logs and Reviews (you wouldn't know that until February 2008, I didn't really use anything but the basic staples - not even that - and this is by no means a comprehensive list of every product I have used since I did my first sponsored Applied Nutriceuticals log!) Also added a page of my Favourite and Top Supplements.

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

For those obsessed with scale weight, remove your focus from that and look at your BODY COMPOSITION instead. Scale weight is IRrelevant and fluctuates from day to day, as well as DURING a day. Body composition is a much better indicator of where your figure/physique is at.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed...got some catching up to do.. duty called, so had to go away for week:D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed...got some catching up to do.. duty called, so had to go away for week:D
Chris - we missed you! That's ok - I of all people know how that goes. And you're here now - that's all that matters :grouphug:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10: Brutalizing Shoulders

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

Rise Against - Like The Angel

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/40 sec rest
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 10 min.

Shoulders (30 sec recovery between supersets/trisets):
Superset A -
1. Behind-the-neck Military Press 4 x 10, 9, 8, 6
2. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10, 9, 8, 6 per arm
Superset B -
3. BB Military Press 4 x 10, 9, 8, 6
4. Plate Hammer Raises 4 x 6, 5, 4, 3
Triset -
5. DB Clean and Press 2 x 10
6. DB Lateral Raises 2 x 10
7. Seated DB Rear Raises 2 x 10

Post-Weights Cardio - Treadmill:
a. 1 min @ 12.8 km/hr
b. 1 min @ 13.6 km/hr
c. 1 x 30 sec @ 14.4 km/hr / 30 sec rest
d. 1 x 30 sec @ 15.2 km/hr / 30 sec rest
e. 1 x 30 sec @ 16 km/hr / 30 sec rest
f. 1 x 30 sec @ 16.8 km/hr / 30 sec rest
g. 1 x 30 sec @ 17.6 km/hr / 30 sec rest
h. 1 x 30 sec @ 18.4 km/hr / 30 sec rest
i. 1 min @ 14.4 km/hr
j. 1 min @ 12.8 km/hr

Stretch 10 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Just under five hours - right on!

Mood/Aggression: Better now that I've done my training - amazing how much being able to pound out the aggression and beat my body to pieces in the gym can make me feel on top of the world! :crackhead:

Energy: A LOT!

Mental Focus and Clarity: More long hours of work and thoughts spinning over in my mind.

Stress: HIGH!

Libido: Ok, so I gave into it - damnit, I am only human :lmao:

Strength: Improvements across the board from last week.

Pump: Definitely - so much that it was painful :smileeek:

Vascularity: Strong - even a few ripples today :yes(1): Lots of blue lines over my legs (they just never seem to sit on top of my skin on my lower body - except for my feet - which is interesting).

Quality of Training: HIIT cardio was interesting. I had a stitch in my right side under my ribs from ~2 minutes in, and it only got more sharp and painful with each sprint, spreading down to my right lateral side. However, I pushed through, doubled over between each sprint. Found that with the actual rest between sprints, my pace did not drop off as much as it has been of late when just doing active recovery between sprints (also helps that recovery was twice as long as the sprint, instead of half as long) . . . Resistance training was good. Both of my anterior deltoids are giving me problems, though, with sharp, shooting nerve pain through them when lifting (especially if lifting heavy), and my biceps' tendons adding to the aggravation - but, gritting my teeth and working through it, welcoming the pain :tongue-tied: Definition in deltoids and arms coming out with the vascularity. Deltoids need to be capped more and I need to get leaner, but that will happen . . . Legs felt dead during Post-Weights Cardio, but made it through the brief, intense session . . .

Recovery: My body feels heavy and sluggish. Going to feel deltoids for a few days hereafter :frustrate

Other Notes: Last application of my current bottle of the 7-keto DHEA topical post-post-training shower, so it's just onto Eviscerate (changes reflected in post #1) until I get some more.

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

Results do NOT happen overnight - they require commitment, discipline, but most importantly, CONSISTENCY! As Walt Ostarly said, "STOP SEEKING THE EASY ROAD, DON'T TALK TO FOOLS, KEEP MOVING FORWARD"! To get results, you must be prepared to tough it out and put in the effort!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, I noticed that your stress has been trending on the high side. One quick and easy way to lower stress is belly-breathing.

You push yourself really hard all the time, so maybe you can set aside 5 minutes each day to sit or lay down and consciously breathe into your belly. Do a Google search on stress belly breathing for more detail if you're unfamiliar with this technique.
Yes, my stress is ALWAYS on the HIGH side of high. Not a lot changes that - and what does is rare.

I am aware of the technique and many others for stress management, but nothing really works for me - trust me, I've tried it all.

Thanks for the thought, though :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 11: Push Me Harder!

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Growth begins at failure, and it is only in our darkest times that we can see the brightest lights!" - Ben Booker

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY

DevilDriver - Knee Deep

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
a. 5 min in 39x18 @ 106-108 rpm
b. 5 min in 39x16 @ 106-108 rpm
c. 5 min in 39x18 @ 116 rpm
d. 5 min in 39x16 @ 116 rpm

Stretch 11 min.

Arms (1 min recovery between supersets/trisets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
2. EZ-Bar Biceps Curls 4 x 15, 12, 10, 8
Superset B -
3. Dips 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
4. DB French Press (standing) 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
Triset -
5. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 2 x 12, 10
6. Alternate Hammer Curls 2 x 12, 10 per side
7. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 2 x 12, 10

Stretch 12 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours - Definitely the optimal sleeping period for me!

Mood/Aggression: Mood is at odds - could easily swing one way or another, or even fluctuate all day. Depends. After training, though, it's in a neutral position.

Energy: Yay!

Mental Focus and Clarity: I can't afford to let up on being on the ball.

Stress: HIGH!

Joints: My wrists are the worst they have been in a long time - my left wrist is not perpetually aching, a deep ache like it did not long after I broke it, and my right wrist has sporadic, sharp, shooting pains. The heavy lifting re Shoulders and Arms is only adding to the issue - bring on the Erase!

Strength: Same weights as this session last week, but better re reps, so that's improvement.

Pump: Strong - from the first superset.

Vascularity: Also strong.

Quality of Training: Back on my bike - definitely feel it a little from being off it for so long. But, should hopefully be better for me, especially since cycling (with running) is the best cardio mode for me re fitness and fat loss . . . Resistance session was hard, but it had to be hard. Working through the pain in my wrists, demanding more of myself . . . Arms' day is probably going to be the only day that I do NOT do Post-Weights Cardio . . .

Recovery: My resistance session took more out of me yesterday than I thought, and I passed out for ~2 hours later in the evening, completely shattered. The heavier weights are making a difference - but a good difference re health and fitness.

Appetite: Been able to drink more lately, albeit still an effort some days (not sure what is up with that). Bad eating days are BEHIND me!

Other Notes: Finally got around to watching the rest of The Fighter yesterday afternoon (was falling asleep and had to watch the last 5-10 minutes ~3 times, LOL!) Slow movie, but ended well. Watching it made me want to get back into boxing - something to think about . . .

FIT TIP OF THE DAY

Pay attention to your body. Learn how it responds to everything from nutrition to training to supplementation. Knowing your body allows you to adjust things if they are not giving you the effects you desire, enabling you to make progress and get thee best results for your goals.