++Molecular Nutrition-XFA/TestFactor w/schizm++

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HUGE thanks to SwolenONE & Molecular Nutrition for the opportunity to run this stack! After having been reading through the logs (particularly XFA) on these, saying I’m psyched, is an understatement!!

The Stack I refer to is:

Advanced Absorption - Advanced Utilization - Advanced Results!
After six years of continued research and development on arachidonic acid (ARA), William Llewellyn and Molecular Nutrition have launched the next big innovation in muscle-building supplementation. X-Factor Advanced combines the patented (U.S. Patent #6,841,573) protein synthesizing power of arachidonic acid, with a precise synergistic blend of ingredients designed to enhance its absorption, utilization, and overall effectiveness.* X-Factor Advanced takes the power of X-Factor to a whole new level!
The Science Behind Arachidonic Acid
Arachidonic acid is a key regulatory omega-6 essential fatty acid. It is stored in muscle cells, and released when the muscle fibers are stimulated during intense exercise or resistance training. It acts to control the core rate of muscle protein synthesis, partly by increasing cellular sensitivity to anabolic hormones such as testosterone, insulin, growth hormone, and IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor 1). Because of its central role in the process of muscle growth, arachidonic acid may be one of the most effective anabolic nutrients available for supplementation, capable of supporting significantly faster and more profound increases in muscle size, strength, and fat loss.*
X-Factor with arachidonic acid is a clinically researched performance-enhancing supplement.* Placebo-controlled University trials have suggested increases in muscle strength, peak muscle power, average muscle power, and anaerobic endurance with 50 days of use.* Statistically strong trends of improvement included an 44% increase in bench press 1-rep max, a 223% increase in Wingate average anaerobic power, a 600% increase in Wingate peak power, and a 250% increase in Wingate total work compared to placebo.* (Source: Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 3 (1)S1-S29, 2006.)
X-Factor Advanced combines the clinically supported power of arachidonic acid, with a new delivery and utilization technology that only William Llewellyn and Molecular Nutrition could bring you, creating Molecular Nutrition's most powerful arachidonic acid supplement. Just 2-4 softgels per day is all you need to support the results from your training, and progress through your current plateaus.* Clinical trials and real world experience have surmised that arachidonic acid works.* It's time to start molding the chiseled physique you desire, with X-Factor Advanced, the next generation ARA supplement available only from Molecular Nutrition.*

TEST FACTOR
Testosterone Support Supplementation!*
TEST FACTOR™ is the result of a 2-year initiative by the research and development team at Molecular Nutrition, aimed at identifying the most efficacious natural hormone support ingredients, and synergizing them into one complete formula for increasing total and free (bioavailable) testosterone and regulating estrogen. The goal was not only to create a product that would increase serum testosterone levels, but also one powerful enough to support a full spectrum of androgen action including increased protein synthesis rates (muscle mass), improved energy/vitality, extended muscle endurance, enhanced nutrient delivery (vasodilation), and heightened libido/sexual potency. Completion of the project was only possible with the addition of two ingredients: RC Pensis™ and ActeoFIT™.
Introducing RC Pensis™
TEST FACTOR™ uses RC Pensis™, a patent-pending Ruta Chalepensis extract. Studies administering ruta chalepensis orally to male mice have demonstrated a 365-476% increase in serum testosterone levels.* Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) was also increased by approximately 400%, while supplementation significantly increased testicular weight/volume and sperm count.* Additional peer-reviewed studies suggest ruta chalepensis may improve the anabolic/anti-catabolic action of insulin, increase liver and muscle glycogen stores, and increase nitric oxide (NO) production for an enhanced “pump” effect during exercise.*
Introducing ActeoFIT™
ActeoFITä is a family of patent-pending herbal extracts standardized for the natural, high-affinity Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM) ligand acteoside. There are dozens of studies suggesting the use of acteoside and its source herbs in the field of sports nutrition.* For example, one series of preliminary experiments with mice have suggested an increase in endurance during exercise, along with inhibited creatine kinase and improved glycogen stores.* This may translate to better performance, along with preserved muscle mass and energy (glycogen is the primary source of fuel during exercise).* Further still, hyperplasia and hypertrophy of muscle cell mitochondria were demonstrated.* This may support muscle fiber growth (size and number), along with an anti-catabolic (protein sparing) effect.*
TEST FACTOR Helps:
• Promote testosterone, reduce estrogen*
• Support muscle mass and strength*
• Encourage muscular endurance*
• Speed recovery*
• Reduce reaction time*
• Increase vascularity*
• Support memory and cognition*

Previous TestBoosters experienced: DAA (Propadrol EP & Bulk DAA); Pink Magic

Goals: I was a former ‘fatty’ until about age 20 (but what's ironic is that I have an ectomorph frame and tend to have a hard time gaining weight now)...and have never been able to shake that fear of regaining the fat back, so I tend to undereat more than anything...Ideally and long term goal, like so many, is to add as much LBM as possible while trying to loose any additional fat as possible....so recomp...my overall goal is a Ryan Reynolds/Blade Trinity type physique.

Weight: As of morning of 1-12, 173lbs

Diet: roughly 6 ‘meals’...eating every 3-4 hours, high protein...mod carb/mod fat.
Training: weights 4x/week (M,T,W,F)(have been using Quantum Body Method, will continue to use, has been treating me well; Thinking of alternating each workout of QBM with a heavier weight/lower rep WO, something like FST-7) ; core/cardio (some plyoX from P90x) 1-2x/week.

Schedule (using the above would look like)

Week 1:
M- Back/Tri/Traps (QBM)
T- Legs (QBM)
W- Ch/Bi’s/Sh (QBM)
Th- core/cardio or HIIT
F- Back/Tri/Traps (Heavy/FST)
Sat- PlyoX or off
Sun- off

Week 2-
M-Ch/Bi’s/Sh (Heavy/FST)
T- Legs (Heavy/FST)
W- Back/Tri/Traps (QBM)
Th- core/cardio or HIIT
F- Ch/Bi/Sh (QBM)
Sat- PlyoX or off
S- off
Repeat week 1

Support Supps: 7-Keto spray (beta testing this for LG, will be finished up approx w/i 1-2 weeks), Whey protein, Lipotropic Protein, BCAA’s (30-35g intra WO, various brands), Vit/mins (Animal Pak), PreWO’s (various)

I'm waiting for the TestFactor to arrive....hopefully today/tomorrow...I might go ahead and start the XFA tomorrow...I'm chomping at the bit....

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
ohhhhhhhhhh snap, son! I'm definitely in on this... I've got 2 bottles of XFA at home waiting to be consumed. Good luck, bro!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ohhhhhhhhhh snap, son! I'm definitely in on this... I've got 2 bottles of XFA at home waiting to be consumed. Good luck, bro!
thanks man...I had wondered if you ever ran them...after having seen your interest in the subforum, your interest piqued my interest actually....and now XFA logs are springing up all over the place!

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
thanks man...I had wondered if you ever ran them...after having seen your interest in the subforum, your interest piqued my interest actually....and now XFA logs are springing up all over the place!
haha yea dude I was real hott on XFA for a while, started running it for 4 days and then I hurt my shoulder (some kind of shoulder bursitis) - I remembered reading how ArA can perhaps cause more inflamation on already inflamed areas of the body so I totally pussied out and have been waiting out my injury.

But you have now re-piqued MY interest in this product and will probably starts a whole hell of a lot sooner than I had planned... perhaps even on Monday haha. I'm very interested in the test factor too, RC Pensis and ActeoFIT are ingredients you don't see in the typical test booster. Since they're two different products in respect to how they affect the body, it should be a very interesting and fun next couple of weeks!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha yea dude I was real hott on XFA for a while, started running it for 4 days and then I hurt my shoulder (some kind of shoulder bursitis) - I remembered reading how ArA can perhaps cause more inflamation on already inflamed areas of the body so I totally pussied out and have been waiting out my injury.

But you have now re-piqued MY interest in this product and will probably starts a whole hell of a lot sooner than I had planned... perhaps even on Monday haha. I'm very interested in the test factor too, RC Pensis and ActeoFIT are ingredients you don't see in the typical test booster. Since they're two different products in respect to how they affect the body, it should be a very interesting and fun next couple of weeks!
heh-heh...nice!! glad you helped me, help you then :)
...fun couple of weeks, heck ya!...they actually set me up with full cycles of both...so 50 days XFA, 60 days TF....whoooooop! :drive:

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
...fun couple of weeks, heck ya!...they actually set me up with full cycles of both...so 50 days XFA, 60 days TF....whoooooop! :drive:
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!! Dude that's a seriously generous offering by MN!!! Color me jealous! I'll just be living vicariously through you for the next 60 days

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established

Heck yeah TBarrows. Are you starting a log or just doing the XFA. If you get a log up post your link. Thanks:)
Subbed and yeah Schizm the fuzz is back in da house.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!! Dude that's a seriously generous offering by MN!!! Color me jealous! I'll just be living vicariously through you for the next 60 days
Gynormously generous man, nooooo joke!

Welcomen butha :)

Subbed and yeah Schizm the fuzz is back in da house.
Fitcop!! Whhhhhheeeeeee!!
Hey, Fitcop, StakedCop...and I have a neighbor, Steve, that's a cop...that's the Trifecta right there! ;)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tbar, glad to see such enthusiasm about the stack, its certainly one of a kind!

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
Heck yeah TBarrows. Are you starting a log or just doing the XFA. If you get a log up post your link. Thanks:)
well I've never logged anything, I'm afraid that if I do I'd let the folks of this community down if something were to come up i.e. injury, sickness, etc.

But I'm open to the idea, for sure! I in no way am trying to hijack this thread from my man schizm but I was going to run XFA after my EC cycle is over... but is there a reason to wait? Can I do the two together?

Back on track... go get em, schiz!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well I've never logged anything, I'm afraid that if I do I'd let the folks of this community down if something were to come up i.e. injury, sickness, etc.

But I'm open to the idea, for sure! I in no way am trying to hijack this thread from my man schizm but I was going to run XFA after my EC cycle is over... but is there a reason to wait? Can I do the two together?

Heeeey man, no worries at all about anything non-me/thread related...just adds more 'color' to the prizm

....ooooh, preeeetty...

Oh, and I hope to get some shoulder/arm dev like you, Tbar! What are you 'doing' in your pic btw?

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
Heeeey man, no worries at all about anything non-me/thread related...just adds more 'color' to the prizm

....ooooh, preeeetty...

Oh, and I hope to get some shoulder/arm dev like you, Tbar! What are you 'doing' in your pic btw?

thanks man, I didn't want to impede on your log!

I had just got done doing DB shoulder press with 75's (which is good for me!) and felt all pumped and alpha-like so I snapped a pic haha. Shoulders are really all I've got if I had to say... I was a high school and college javelin thrower so I'm guessing that's where I started to develop those puppies, everything else I've got sucks I think.

Will you be updating with before and after pics or anything for this log? I'm still so jealous of this opportunity you got, bro!

edit*** welp, swolenONE just gave me the go ahead saying it's okay to run XFA while on EC soooo looks like I might have to toss up my first log ever, if I do, I hope to see you over there! I hope to somehow get my hands on another bottle of test factor (currently can only swing 1 bottle) and run the same cycle as you. I would love to compare our experiences.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks man, I didn't want to impede on your log!

I had just got done doing DB shoulder press with 75's (which is good for me!) and felt all pumped and alpha-like so I snapped a pic haha. Shoulders are really all I've got if I had to say... I was a high school and college javelin thrower so I'm guessing that's where I started to develop those puppies, everything else I've got sucks I think.

Will you be updating with before and after pics or anything for this log? I'm still so jealous of this opportunity you got, bro!

edit*** welp, swolenONE just gave me the go ahead saying it's okay to run XFA while on EC soooo looks like I might have to toss up my first log ever, if I do, I hope to see you over there! I hope to somehow get my hands on another bottle of test factor (currently can only swing 1 bottle) and run the same cycle as you. I would love to compare our experiences.
Javelin thrower, eh? nice! typically other than actually practicing throwing them what exercise selctions/rep ranges are usually prescribed to train that?
I'll most likely snap some sort of before/after shots...but for sure man, toss a log up...I'm still learning/perfecting the art of logging myself...gotta start somewhere, eh? I'd follow along 4-shore! :wiggle:

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Javelin thrower, eh? nice! typically other than actually practicing throwing them what exercise selctions/rep ranges are usually prescribed to train that?
I'll most likely snap some sort of before/after shots...but for sure man, toss a log up...I'm still learning/perfecting the art of logging myself...gotta start somewhere, eh? I'd follow along 4-shore! :wiggle:
Heck yeah man throw up a log, it is really helpful in keeping track of progress, diet,etc.. I'll follow along with big Schizm;)

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
well it was a lot less making them huge and bulky and more conditioning and strengthening - like a pitcher would, the best throwers I saw had decently proportioned, well conditioned shoulders. Exercises were a lot of shoulder girdle strengthening techniques with medicine balls, axe chops, weighted ball throws, db pullovers, 'pulley' jav throws and core strengthening. For my own personal meatheaded-ness I would toss in barbell military press and db press though :)

When do you officially start with the supps??

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
throwing javalin (sp?) is badass, there are some very well built track and field athletes.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well it was a lot less making them huge and bulky and more conditioning and strengthening - like a pitcher would, the best throwers I saw had decently proportioned, well conditioned shoulders. Exercises were a lot of shoulder girdle strengthening techniques with medicine balls, axe chops, weighted ball throws, db pullovers, 'pulley' jav throws and core strengthening. For my own personal meatheaded-ness I would toss in barbell military press and db press though :)

When do you officially start with the supps??
ahhhh-ha, coo man! Tks for the rundown...I've been slowly building up doing overhead pressess (& perfecting form on lateral raises), I've usually gone too heavy on all types of pressing or have too much flare with my arms and felt em in my joints only, they're weak-weak-weak...then have to drop them to recover...have only recently gotten smarter and really lightened the weight up and done more supersets/time under tension...

'officially', I have the XFA on hand, just waiting for the TestFactor to arrive...I'm hoping to get this going no later than this monday...

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
ahhhh-ha, coo man! Tks for the rundown...I've been slowly building up doing overhead pressess (& perfecting form on lateral raises), I've usually gone too heavy on all types of pressing or have too much flare with my arms and felt em in my joints only, they're weak-weak-weak...then have to drop them to recover...have only recently gotten smarter and really lightened the weight up and done more supersets/time under tension...

'officially', I have the XFA on hand, just waiting for the TestFactor to arrive...I'm hoping to get this going no later than this monday...
that right there is important. I was the same way for a long time until just about a year ago I started training with a guy owns a gym and used to compete in natty comps - he showed he how to 'properly' lift and changed my whole regimine up. Basically, if you're not feeling the muscle working that you are attempting to work then you're not going to get the most out of it. I dropped a lot of weight in the majority of my lifts to focus on the contraction of the muscle and targeting directly. Big differences in my body now months down the road... I think you're on the right track man, once I did this all my lifts started to go up - 255x6 on bench nice and slow, to the chest and back up now, I used to just bounce that sh!t off my chest like some sort of gorilla and think I was the man only with lighter weight haha

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that right there is important. I was the same way for a long time until just about a year ago I started training with a guy owns a gym and used to compete in natty comps - he showed he how to 'properly' lift and changed my whole regimine up. Basically, if you're not feeling the muscle working that you are attempting to work then you're not going to get the most out of it. I dropped a lot of weight in the majority of my lifts to focus on the contraction of the muscle and targeting directly. Big differences in my body now months down the road... I think you're on the right track man, once I did this all my lifts started to go up - 255x6 on bench nice and slow, to the chest and back up now, I used to just bounce that sh!t off my chest like some sort of gorilla and think I was the man only with lighter weight haha
good words man! thankfully, I came across the Quantum body method last fall and its really big on all of these aspects...esp if you can't feel the muscle working to back the weight off, which has been really good for me, cuz I really am nerologically retarded when it comes to such things...

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
good words man! thankfully, I came across the Quantum body method last fall and its really big on all of these aspects...esp if you can't feel the muscle working to back the weight off, which has been really good for me, cuz I really am nerologically retarded when it comes to such things...
The Quantum Body Method aye? I'll have to look into that. From the looks of it you've got your training locked in, I'm sure your diet is in check and you've got 60 days of delicious supplements to throw in the mix... this is going to be funnnn!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

EC???

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heck yea brother... Ephedrine+caffeine=sssshhhredded!
that's what I was thinking it was orginally when you mentioned EC....nice, my 'ass'umption paid off :)
...Hoping the TF shows up today...although with it being MLK day, not sure if UPS takes off or not or if just mail will be affected...
...did some single leaning lateral raises today, felt side delts much better than regular standing or sitting laterals...will def have to keep those in the mix when working shoulders...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that's what I was thinking it was orginally when you mentioned EC....nice, my 'ass'umption paid off :)
...Hoping the TF shows up today...although with it being MLK day, not sure if UPS takes off or not or if just mail will be affected...
...did some single leaning lateral raises today, felt side delts much better than regular standing or sitting laterals...will def have to keep those in the mix when working shoulders...
isolating shoulders can be tricky, mine only grow when i hit them from all angled. for a long time delts were one of my strongest muscles, but werent as developed as other parts of my physique.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DAY 1 11-19-11 Ch/Bi -QBM-ish

Let's proceed, shall we....to jump start the log, I picked up a bottle of TestFactor from my local VS yesterday, since I'm impaitent...as well as having a VS gift card burning a hole in my pocket...

For the run will be dosing
XFA 4 caps PreWO
TF 2 caps PreWO/1 cap Lunch/2 caps dinner (on off days will be 2 caps/2x’s day)

NOTES: Alright, had intended to do a straight up QBM chest/bi workout...but being as how the gym was packed and the 1 smith machine being used, I had to modify/rearrange...which happens to me a lot...which is great as far as switching things up to throw the body off...but makes it hellish to keep track/log everything...even moreso, b/c I sometimes tend to go off on ‘tangents’ when I WO & wind up doing super/giant sets but not writing them down....annnnywho...will try to ‘contain’ myself more in this regard....here’s how today’s WO went down.

Super Set- pulley flys
Low x 10-15, med x 10-15, high x10-15- 2x’s

Dec DB press pyramid up/dwn/superset
25x20/30x12/40x10/50x8 (short rest/stretch)
40x10/30x10/25x10

Smith Mac- low Incline press pyramid/superset
(not sure what the bar weight is, but for simplicity & avoid having to add up #’s in the midst of working out, I usually write 2/25 meaning 1 25 lb plate on each side of the bar)
2/15 x 15;2/25x10;2/35 x 8 r/p x 5 (short rest)
2/25 x 10;2/15x10 x superslow x 1

Smith Mach flat press
2/35 x 10- 2 sets
2/25 x 8 – 1 set

Flat DB press (alternating arms)
25 x 12 – 1 set

Feet assisted Chest Dips
#8 x 10-12 - 2 sets (alternated with slow & static par grip pullups)

Low/mid/high pulley flyes
10 x 10 – 1 set

(running short on time, usual Bicep area full)
Superset
Nautilus preacher curl
50 x 20
Nautilus (Tri supported) seated bi curls
40 x 15
10 sec rest- repeat 1x

Hoist Bi curl
#5 x 10 – 1 set

R delt fly machine
2 sets 40 x 15

Notes: Typically I use limited rest and try to keep things moving at a pretty fast clip...Was having some trouble initially on feeling chest, but improved later on, esp when moving over to the smith machine, something about that and it really locking me in helps put the stress where it needs to go...I do however feel my biceps being a bit more ‘trashed’/worked sitting here more than I usually do...

Secondary note: came across using the multi angle (high to low) pulley to do low pulley cable shrugs the other day, did some more today...holly crap! These things rock! DB shrugs for me suck...but these have constant tension, can lean away and really target the upper traps...annnnywho, super stoked about adding these in...whoop-whooop-whhooop!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
glad you got a bottle of Test Factor and are starting this log up in a major way. Im harping on the warehouse as to where a handful of orders are.

doubled2321

Awards
In! Hopefully this works as good for you as it is for me right now!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
glad you got a bottle of Test Factor and are starting this log up in a major way. Im harping on the warehouse as to where a handful of orders are.
..no prob man, things happen :) ...but I bet you called the warehouse up and flexed, they prolly reship out everything while on the phone. :afro: Has Fitcop driven by with his sirens going off yet?

In! Hopefully this works as good for you as it is for me right now!
I'm really hoping so, you really seem to be rockin out with the stuff!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet Framework

for Kicks, here's my current diet 'template'

5am- PreWO mix

5:45 warmup/WO
~30-35g BCAA/AA’s- intra

7am- PostWO
-1 scoop Postal
(cals: 67; P/5; C/13; F/5)
-1.5 scoops whey
(cals 180; P/35; C/3; F/3)

8:30am
-1/2 – ¾ cup oatmeal
(1/2 cup = cals/150; P/5; C/27; F/3)
-1/4-1/2 cup raisin bran
(1/2 cup= Cals/95; P/2; C/23; F/.5)
-1 scoop LipoTropic Pro
(cals: 145; P/26; C/1; F/1)

11am – Lunch
**wild card*

2:30/3pm snack
- ½ – ¾ cup cottage cheese
(cals: 97; P/13; C/4; F/3)
-1-2 hard boiled eggs (whole)
(1= cals/71; P/6; C/0; F/5)

5pm- 1 scoop LipoTropic Pro

5:30/6pm Dinner
**wild card**

8/8:30pm snack
-1 scoop LipoTropic Pro (depending on how protein heavy dinner was)
-1 TBS PB
Or just some cottage cheese (if dinner had a lot of protein)

**Lunch ‘wild card’, if I don’t have a left over dinner that is roughly 30-40 g’s protein & mod carb/fat, then I’ll go with a tuna sandwhich (on whole wheat bread), pretzel stix (or small serving of chips) and an Apple....if leftover has these qualities, then I’ll usually always toss in a med sized apple in the mix, so usually looking at anywhere from roughly 45g – 70g carbs.

**Dinner ‘wild card’, wife will normally plan dinner knowing I like a lot of protein & not loaded with a ton of cals, so dinners vary, anything from a chicken dish to turkey meatload/baked potato to tilapia/rice...but will (usually ‘try’ to) go easy on the carbs...usually stuff some broccoli/cauliflower/salad down regardless...but might wind up with anywhere from 40g -80g carbs.

I do also some some P-slin/Slin (lg) on hand to use for those higher carb meals...which tend to happen more on Fri/Sat nights ;)

doubled2321

Awards
schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fri 1-21-11 Back/Tri/traps- QBMish

Wide grip pulldwns
75x15/90x10/105x10
SS mixed grip (not as wide) 90x10
(short rest)
90x10/105x8/ behind head (half way down) 90x12
SS mixed grip (to front) 90x10
(short rest)

Par grip cable rows
60x20 + 6 partials
SS Wide grip cable row to chest 50x12
(rest w/added close grip pushups & static holds)
Par grip cable row 60x18 + 4 partials
SS wide grip cable row 60x10 (rest/pause) x 5/5
(rest w/added close grip puships & static holds)
Wide grip cable row 50x15

BB half deadlift 2/45 x 8
SS 2/25 x 8 SS Rev grip row (bar only) x 12

Ft assisted Par grip pullup #8 x 8
Alternated with chest dips- repeated 3x’s.

Stiff arm pulldown (indep. Pulley) – 20x 15/15

Skullcrushers- DB 2/15 x 15 SS BB 45x 8 directly into
JM press x 8
(short rest)
BB 45 x 10 SS Jm press x 8 SS close grip pushup x 4 + static hold

Low cable Pulley shrugs 50x10/8; (short rest) 40x10

Leaning lateral raise 5x10/10
SS DB upright row 10x15 SS seated DB press 25x5

Tri pressdown burnout 30 x 15, rev grip x 10; repeat

Notes: Didn’t get to follow the outline of the planned workout to a T...tended to hop around some waiting for the cable pulley to open up...used very limited rest throughout, was like 1 huge giant set...overall felt good, good muscle/mind connection...the pump I was getting was a bit different, more solid than the usual N.O. pump...interesting....and I was sweating really good too, towards the end trying to keep my ear phones pushed in deep enough to hear the bass was a challenge....d’oh!

Oh, and yesterday I didn’t workout...was intending to get up to do some cardio/kenpo at home, but my bed pleaded with me to stay in it, so I did. It’s been rough the last couple months to get motivated to workout at home...really hate working out on carpet...could do it at the gym, but I’m much less self conscious about ab work in the comfort (aka: privacy) of home....

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Great looking workout Shiczm, I agree it is just too hard to get a decent w/o at home. I have to be in the gym environment for some reason.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great looking workout Shiczm, I agree it is just too hard to get a decent w/o at home. I have to be in the gym environment for some reason.
ya, im too calm of a guy to know i could go 100% without the gym atmosphere, but once im in the gym I always know its going to be a great lift.

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
ya, im too calm of a guy to know i could go 100% without the gym atmosphere, but once im in the gym I always know its going to be a great lift.
Atmosphere and Ipod playing Breaking Benjamins=win

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mon 1-24-11 Chest/Bi/Sh Heavy

(part of warm up/get the blood going) Cable flyes high/med/low x 15-20 – 2 x’s

Flat DB 35x19 drop 25x 10
1-2 min rest (w/added light rows)
40x 12 drop 35 x 8 drop pushup static hold
1-2 min rest
45 x 8 drop 35 x 10
1-2 min rest
45 x 8 drop 35 x 8 drop 25 (rev grip) x 5

Ft. asst. chest dips #7 x 10
1-2 min rest (hanging lat stretch & statics)
Repeat 1x’s

Smith Inc (pump set)
2/10 x 20 drop 2/15 x 15 drop 2/20 x 10 drop 2/25 x 8 drop
2/20 x 6 drop 2/10 x 2 (slow)

Smith Flat bench 2/25 x 8 (rest pause) x 3 (rest pause) x 2

Leaning lat raise 5 x 15

Low cable shrugs 50x 10 drop 40 x 10
30 sec rest- repeat

Low cable (forward lean) bi curls (similar to drag curl) 15 x 12 rest/pause x 3

BB curls 45 x 10 (30 sec rest) repeat

Nautilus preacher curl 60 x 10 drop 50x 5 (+ static hold)

Notes: I’m guessing it was National ‘Bring a friend or 5 to the gym today’...was as packed as I’ve ever seen it! Decided to go with heavier weights/lower reps (wanted to keep in the 8-12 range, had to do some experimenting w/weight to find where that was, it’s been a while)...& not go as fast....have to say, went great better than I expected in spite of having to modify & work around the people....had good mind/muscle connection, didn’t feel any of the pressing in my shoulder joints, just all on my chest. The last couple reps of the sets really slowed the negative portion down, but hopefully will be feeling that tomorrow. Bring on the DOMS! Sweat it up pretty good & noticed intra set recovery was pretty good too considering I was using heavier weight...and overall endurance great...I didn’t want to leave...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tks man! I would also agree, much prefer to remove myself from the home with no possible 'home' interruptions...just me, music & weights...although i did have some success in 2009 when I took almost a year off from the gym and did P90x at home, but working out on carpet really stinks after a while...

Are you not sure Rob? :poke:

Atmosphere and Ipod playing Breaking Benjamins=win
Diary of jane & polynormous are 2 of theirs I have on my playlist...but find a lot of their stuff too laid back for me or just takes to long to get to the climax to 'rock my face off'....I much prefer linkin park & papa roach...and more recently came across Disturb's 'Ten thousand fists', which pretty much that whole cd is on my playlist....

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
going from 24 who played techno and pop to Armbrust Pro who plays hard rock, it isnt the end of the world for me when i forget my ipod. back at 24 hr fitness i would have to deal with a lot of stress to my ears from their **** music.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tues 1-25-11 Legs

Day 6

Leg Ext PreEX
40x10/50x10/60x10
10’” rest
60x10/70x5+5/80x5+5
10” rest
80x5+5/70x5+5/60x5+5

Nautilus Leg press
210 x 10 SS BW lateral squats x 10
20” rest
210 x 10 SS 25lb plate lateral squats x 10
30” rest
230 x 8 SS 25 lb plate lateral squats x 10
30-45” rest
230 x 6 + 3 SS 25 lb plate lateral squats x 10 SS BW squats x 10
90” rest

Nautilus Hack
275 x 8 SS BW lunge x 10
45” rest
310 x 5 + 5 SS BW lunge x 10 SS BW lateral squats x 10

Standing calf
90x 20/105x15/120x8
15” rest
105x12/90x12
10”rest
90x12 + 5

Hoist Seated Leg curl
#6 x 20 SS #7 x 8+2 (static hold/partials)
SS BW lunge x 8
30” rest
#7 x 6 (static hold/partials) SS BW lunge x 5

Standing calf
90x 15 rest/pause x 10

Adductor mach
135 x 15 full range/15 partial/15 full range
15” rest
140 x 10 full/15 partial/15 full

Dec Crunch x 20/20

Notes: workout is based off the QBM leg workout...I’m slowly tweaking it and adding more weight into the mix to pummel the legs...I tend to fair better with more volume than heavier sets when it comes to legs, mostly because I have mild scoliosis and regular BB squats don’t play nicely with my spine...as well as my right knee having slight issues...I usually like to finish the leg workout off with some smith machine front squats, but it was being used. Overall good workout, good pump in the legs, slight ‘twinge’ under right knee cap (form must have been off at some point) but didn’t affect anything negatively, also didn’t push it to possibly make it worse...fatigue not overwhelming, good intra set recovery....I've been watching more of what I've been eating these past few days...not as many carbs, keeping protein high, am noticing muscles feeling fuller, esp upper body, digging that...alot...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i love that about x-factor, you can drop carbs without losing fullness.

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
hey bro sorry I haven't been in here since I initially posted with 'in'! Are you noticing the regular reported effects? Doms? Leaning? How about the Test Factor - how has that been treating you in the libido, etc department?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey bro sorry I haven't been in here since I initially posted with 'in'! Are you noticing the regular reported effects? Doms? Leaning? How about the Test Factor - how has that been treating you in the libido, etc department?
What up Tbar! no worries mang, we all have stuff going on...
As far as effects...have noticed more of a pronounced fullness in muscles...'firmer' pump when working out, diff than a N.O. pump....haven't really had any worse DOMS than I would normally get, and I'm really trying to workout in such a manner too, cuz getting DOMS puts in my mind that I did some 'actual' work ;) ....would say that I'm now starting to lean out...really pulled the reigns back on my diet starting sunday...had gotten too loose with it..I'm going to be cranking up the intensity a little bit each week as the XFA/TF come in full force...libido dept, slight-moderate uptick there....also starting to have the onset of alpha male/agression when working out too...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wed 1-26-11 Back/Tri

Ok, so here’s one of those workouts where I went on a ‘tangent’ and didn’t do a very good job writing stuff down, was trying to go heavy and keep in the 8-10 rep range....and was just trying to beat myself up...here’s an overview of how it went down...but will say I was surprised with myself at the weight I kept having to add to some exercises...was feeling pretty strong...pumped &

Wide grip pulldown
75x20 SS behind the head 75 x 15
SS 90 (to front) x 15 SS behind head x 10
(15-20 sec rest)
90x10 (front) x 10 (back)
‘more’

Ft assist par pullups
#7x 8 (30-45 sec rest)
#7 x 6 + partials....hanging stretches/chest dips
(short rest)
Repeat

HS par grip row
(each side) 55 x 15 SS 70x 10 rest/pause
5/5/5...some rest.....55 (overhand grip) x 8 rest pause (par grip)
x 5/5

HS pull down
55 x 8 rest pause 5/5

Stiff arm pull down (cable)
20x 12/10

Lying Tri ext
DB 12.5 x 20 SS 20x 10
SS BB 45x 5 into JM press x 5
(1 min rest/stretch)
BB 45 x 5 into JM press x 8

Low cable shrugs 50x 10/10

Hoist Tri dip # 6 x 10/#7 x 10/ #8 x 8

I undoubtedly left some things out, hate that. Had some nice aggression going and a decent pump....along with leaving a pool of sweat wherever I went.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What up Tbar! no worries mang, we all have stuff going on...
As far as effects...have noticed more of a pronounced fullness in muscles...'firmer' pump when working out, diff than a N.O. pump....haven't really had any worse DOMS than I would normally get, and I'm really trying to workout in such a manner too, cuz getting DOMS puts in my mind that I did some 'actual' work ;) ....would say that I'm now starting to lean out...really pulled the reigns back on my diet starting sunday...had gotten too loose with it..I'm going to be cranking up the intensity a little bit each week as the XFA/TF come in full force...libido dept, slight-moderate uptick there....also starting to have the onset of alpha male/agression when working out too...
very good update, these are all things I like to hear and pretty much how I would have summed up my experience with the stack.

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Great w/o especially forgetting to make yourself some notes. It's very easy to do that, sometimes when I am running a log I get in a rush and start listening to the Ipod and completely forget to make notation of it.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fri 1-28-11 Chest/Bi + Sh/traps

**Smith flat- 2/10 x 25 ss 2/25 x 15 ss 2/35 x 10
Ss 2/25 x 10
30-45 sec rest
2/35 x 5 + 2 ss 2/30 x 5 + 3
30-45 sec rest
2/30 x 10 ss 2/25 x 12 + 5

1-2 min rest

**Smith low Inc
2/30 x 10 ss 2/25 x 10 ss 2/10 x 10
(short rest)
2/10 x 15 ss 2/15 x 10 ss 2/25x 10
ss superslow reps x 2

2 min rest

**DB Dec
30x10 ss 40x 10 ss 45 x 5
15-30 sec rest
40 x 8 ss 35 x 12
(short rest)
30 x 12 ss 25 x 10

**Leaning lateral raise
10 x 10/10 ss DB Up right row 15x 10
Repeat

**Cable Fly
High- 12.5 x 20 ss Med 12.5 x 10 ss 10x10 ss Low 10x20
(short rest)
High 10x20/Med 10x20/Low 10x20

**Low cable shrugs
40x 12 (10 sec rest) 50x 10 (10” rest) 50x 10

**Nautilus Preacher curl
50x20 (10 sec rest) 60x 10
1 min rest
**BB curls 30 x 10 ss 45 x 8 (modified mov’t, row/curl/Overhead press, then reverse)
**Hammer curls 12 x 15 (10” rest) Regular curls 12 x 15 (10” rest)
**Hammer/regular curl alternating 12 x 10

Notes: was a great chest workout! The biceps portion was lacking, trying to cram too much in & ran short on time to really do them justice but had great focus overall and gym wasn’t packed...

Yesterday, hit up Kenpo/cardio X w/Ab Ripper X...and had taken the day off from work to spend with the fam...good stuff all around!