Flex is shredding up Rezolution style!!!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Whatup gents.

I'm going to run LG's new fat burner, Rezolution.

My diet and workout started today. I start dosages tomorrow, 2/day. One in the AM and another early afternoon.

I'll refrain from Preworks, my ASGT, so I can judge the 'stim' effect solely from these purple pills.

The plan: 16 week prep for summer/stage/and a trip I have in April.

The workout: My man Kleens' WW Phase 1. Love this gig, works; I'll tailor a few things to my liking.

The staples: Fish oils, Multi, BCAA's, Whey.

Diet: Tuna, Natural PB, Chicken Breasts, Turkey burger, Blueberries, almonds, leafy greens, talapia. No cheat days, recarb every 3 days.

Ill be judging closely, appetite suppression, mood, intensity, focus, crash effect, sleep patterns.

I'll get some pics up. My avatar is a pic taken 3 weeks ago..sittin at 220ish..my target weight is 180's, light-heavy..

We'll see where this goes! Other pic was me Feb 2010, 247, strong as bull but fuggin looked like crap...no more...felt like it too...Ive got alot of bros on here whom have helped me through tremendously and you know who you are! Wait till this run is over, hopefully another nite/day comparison.

Attachments

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
subbed!! Good luck buddy

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed big man, kill it!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Sittin here at lunch.

Popped a cap around 7 am with breakfast...My first impressions, NICE!

Smooth, clean energy. No jitters, very good sense of well being..

Came down about 4 hrs later, no crash. Poppin another in 30 mins.

Diet tight. Just cardio today, 1hr LIT.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Tonights workout consisted of 1 hr of cardio.

Diet still tight. My observations, both times I took the pill, I got warm, no jitters and just a nice clean flow of energy, focus with no crash.

So far so good, 2nite we'll see how my sleep is.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff already man. You may get to 189 you big SOB!!!! I can not believe how big you got man!!!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff already man. You may get to 189 you big SOB!!!! I can not believe how big you got man!!!
Kleen you old dog! where you hiding:D

Flex, Thanks for the invite:D..:lol:

Dose this **** on an empty stomach bro! i was poping 3/2 started at 2 on an empty ...**** me!!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I'd be thrilled to the max if 189 was where I was at. Honestly, I was 192 in Oct and I still looked like I needed to lose another 10 around my waist. We'll see...Im big but not big and lean enough ..lol

Glad to see you here..

Kleen you old dog! where you hiding:D

Flex, Thanks for the invite:D..:lol:

Dose this **** on an empty stomach bro! i was poping 3/2 started at 2 on an empty ...**** me!!
Didnt forget about ya Lift, I was gonna get the thread moving before I started mass contacting folks!

Are you doin any pills prework? Id love to but am worried about the sleep factor...I may experiment for my and everyones benefit. I'd love to see if this ramps me up. I've refrained from ASGT as well to get the full 'stim' effect. So far I cannot complain.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed.. :type:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
In for the win!!!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.. :type:
In for the win!!!
Thank you gents..Enjoy!

Today was bitter sweet. I think I sustained a chest injury that might set me back for awhile. I honestly felt like i tore it, actually felt something in there tearing, but then again I wasnt in agonizing pain and its not bleeding underneath. Tried to bench again and wasnt happening....we'll monitor, but im skeptical.

So, the purple pills. Really dig these. Energy flows like a river, no waterfalls. I want to dose prework, prolly Fridays goal since I dont need to be up early Sat morning.

Diet extremly tight..no holds barred here..

Workout: 60-90 seconds rest

Barbell Bent Over Row - Intensity was good out of the gate.
135x10 Warmup
225x8
235x6, 185x8, 135x8

Decline Bench
135x10 Warm
275x7 (PHUCK, this is where I got hurt)...no more reps here..

Pissed, because I told my partner to take the bar, but he aided instead of rescuing. My only resolve was to keep going, as there was no more chest work.

Cleans
135x5 Warm
215x6 (PR'd 225x5 last week!!)
205x8, 185x6, 155x6

Wrapped these, grip regardless is always an issue. Pumped forearms after these.

Tcups
5x10 Warm
20x8
20x6, 15x6, 5x10

Hack Squats
180x8 Warm
270x8
270x8, 180x8, 90x8

Sweating like a bastard, dizzy and more work to be done. I actually PR'd 2 weeks ago, 4 plates and a QP per side, but these workouts are so taxing..

Stiff Legged Deads
135x10 Warm
275x6
275x6, 225x8, 185x6

Got done in 45-50 mins, 2 peeps. 10 min of cardio to finish it up.

We'll have to see how I feel come tomorrow..Nervous :(

BTW, Slept like a rock last nite..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LG I have been around just busy and my rounds have gotten much bigger so takes a little longer to make em.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Flex brother I hope your chest is okay. I hope you gave your partner a scolding.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job with the cleans Flex! Are you doing them off the ground or hang?

225 x 5 last week? :squintfinger: I think I could have hit 225 for 4 at best the last time I cleaned, so I've got a new goal. Good job, bro! We could be workout partners, then I could teach you the snatch.

Your chest sounds more like a strain. Once that sucker strains, you can't press anything without a sharp pain. Strains can heal completely within a week, depending on the severity. I strained my chest on both sides about two or three weeks ago, but it healed quickly.

Last edited:
oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That partner of yours needs to learn to rescue; that sucks about your chest man. I hurt mine on the SAME exercise as well, man it hurt like all get out later once I cooled down but mine was torn cartilage so who knows. Find an ART person if you can that is if it does not heel in a few days. They worked wonders for Kleen and I, just an fyi.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Flex brother I hope your chest is okay. I hope you gave your partner a scolding.
Today its rather tender. I talked with some PT's at my hospital. They did some basic troubleshooting and think its a strain like Sam said or rotator cuff. I did yell "UP, UP, TAKE IT!"; he aided because I was still pushin it up...He felt bad afterwards. I was kinda disgusted because it could've been prevented. I took it out on the cleans since it didnt hurt.

Nice job with the cleans Flex! Are you doing them off the ground or hang?

225 x 5 last week? :squintfinger: I think I could have hit 225 for 4 at best the last time I cleaned, so I've got a new goal. Good job, bro! We could be workout partners, then I could teach you the snatch.

Your chest sounds more like a strain. Once that sucker strains, you can't press anything without a sharp pain. Strains can heal completely within a week, depending on the severity. I strained my chest on both sides about two or three weeks ago, but it healed quickly.
Hang Sam. I do tend to do them off the ground occasionally. I think and hope you are right. Strain. I'd love if I could bench next wednesday for round 2.

That partner of yours needs to learn to rescue; that sucks about your chest man. I hurt mine on the SAME exercise as well, man it hurt like all get out later once I cooled down but mine was torn cartilage so who knows. Find an ART person if you can that is if it does not heel in a few days. They worked wonders for Kleen and I, just an fyi.
How was your recovery, duration? PHUCK..I hope this is minor...I swear it sounded like a chicken wing being torn apart on a Sunday afternoon watching football..

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Today, just cardio. 1 HR. More full bodies tomorrow.

Some notes on Rezolution:
1. Consistently getting internal temp increase. In fact, I find myself sweating more than usual.
2. I haven't been able to do on an empty stomach, well, because I hardly ever have an empty stomach (eat every 2-2.5hrs). I can say though, I love the clean energy and focus.
3. Tomorrow I am going to try 3 pills. 1 in the AM with breakfast, 1 at lunch and 1 prework to see how intense I can get in the gym with this. Sat, I will dose on an empty stomach, fasted and just do cardio..we'll get an excellent guage there.
4. Mood - Chill.
5. No headaches.
6. Sleepin good still.

Ill weigh in on Sunday. Being the 1st week of the diet, most will be water so we'll start there. So far so good..like this product alot LG!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interesting note on the constent internal temp increase. There are 2 ingredient I am unfamiliar with but the rest of the ingredients I wouldnt associate with an incease in body temp.

And changes in the mirror? Looking tighter due to less water retention? Skin appearance(the mucuna)? When you come down do you find urself tired(2 ingredients I notice may make some ppl kinda sleepy if taken without stims) or just not as energetic?

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
subbed in ... hope your chest is a minor thing.... just getting over a rib injury myself... 4.5 weeks.. that sucked. Just went to the gym during that time and did what I could... sure feels good to get back to almost 100%, couple more weeks should be perfect..

Hopefully you'll be fine next chest workout :)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd be thrilled to the max if 189 was where I was at. Honestly, I was 192 in Oct and I still looked like I needed to lose another 10 around my waist. We'll see...Im big but not big and lean enough ..lol

Glad to see you here..

Didnt forget about ya Lift, I was gonna get the thread moving before I started mass contacting folks!

Are you doin any pills prework? Id love to but am worried about the sleep factor...I may experiment for my and everyones benefit. I'd love to see if this ramps me up. I've refrained from ASGT as well to get the full 'stim' effect. So far I cannot complain.
When I was dosing 3/2 there was no such thing as a sleep factor!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Interesting note on the constent internal temp increase. There are 2 ingredient I am unfamiliar with but the rest of the ingredients I wouldnt associate with an incease in body temp.

And changes in the mirror? Looking tighter due to less water retention? Skin appearance(the mucuna)? When you come down do you find urself tired(2 ingredients I notice may make some ppl kinda sleepy if taken without stims) or just not as energetic?
Well I started on Tuesday. Right now Im droppin water for sure. I havent found myself tired when coming down, no. I'm gonna try some different things. Its been 1/1, today is gonna be 1/1/1. Im gonna try a 3/2 and 2/2/1 to experiment further. The after pics will speak for themselves..I gotta get a before up.

subbed in ... hope your chest is a minor thing.... just getting over a rib injury myself... 4.5 weeks.. that sucked. Just went to the gym during that time and did what I could... sure feels good to get back to almost 100%, couple more weeks should be perfect..

Hopefully you'll be fine next chest workout :)
Thk you for the sub. Today I'm gonna gently stretch and maybe get on a machine and do some slow iso movements to see how I feel. Everytime I sustain an injury I think the worst and it ends up being minor. I hope this is the case.

Man, hope the chest heals up soon;)
TY Sir. Me too. I'm going to see if Eric can make a pill that cures all ailments, gets you bigger, and leans you out all the while eating whatever you want and that includes oreo mint chocolate chip cake. :D :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3 caps really worked well for me. try it and see what you think.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First 2-3 days may not show any signs of improvement with these chest strains, but once the recovery is palpable, it's usually a fast process from there.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
First 2-3 days may not show any signs of improvement with these chest strains, but once the recovery is palpable, it's usually a fast process from there.
Sam , I really hope so buddy...I'm going to the doc to make sure there are no tears..

Here's my workout! 60-90 seconds rest

Smith Machine Military
90x10 Warm
180x8 BLAHHHHHHHH, felt the chest strain at the peak of my lockout..
Drop set, 160x8, 140x7, 90x6

Wide Grip Assisted Pullups
130 assist x10
40 assist x8
Drop 60x8, 90x7, 130x6 Really felt good on these, nice slow tempo, really squeezing the tree branches back there.

Seated Cable Xovers
- Stretched gently, weight doesnt matter here, just know I was damn slow and controlled...Doctors 2morrow to get this checked...it just aint right...

Hammer Dips
90x20 Warm
230x6
Drop 180x8, 140x6, 90x10

Deadlifts
135x10 Warm
305x6
Drop 365x6, 315x6, 225x8 Hell yeah, fought for these, no belt. Winded as all heck...Very gratifying.

Leg Extensions
90x10 Warm
170x8
Drop 210x8, 170x8, 130x8

Damn solid workout considering the circumstances. Finished up with 10 min of cardio thereafter for cooldown.

Stay tuned..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How did your chest feel on the militaries? I knew I felt "something" when I did Militaries with a pec strain, but anything worse then that more then likely would have prevented you from doing them, because you use a bit of your upper pecs in the military and that contraction would have inhibited you from pressing further from the pain.

Hopefully you're alright bud. I'm guessing you are, but its always a smart idea to get it confirmed by a doctor.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
How did your chest feel on the militaries? I knew I felt "something" when I did Militaries with a pec strain, but anything worse then that more then likely would have prevented you from doing them, because you use a bit of your upper pecs in the military and that contraction would have inhibited you from pressing further from the pain.

Hopefully you're alright bud. I'm guessing you are, but its always a smart idea to get it confirmed by a doctor.
Yeah same here. No worse than when it happened. Walk in at my docs 2morrow, I'll request my chest and my left bicep/forearm checked..might as well get it all checked all at once, lol.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah same here. No worse than when it happened. Walk in at my docs 2morrow, I'll request my chest and my left bicep/forearm checked..might as well get it all checked all at once, lol.
Didnt wanna say it Flex... but old age is a bitch:lol:

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Yup, im finding im gettin hurt more often these days..

Went to docs: MRI on the pec, left arm has elbow tendonitis..possibly cortisone shot after a week of 800mg motrin.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Went to docs: MRI on the pec, left arm has elbow tendonitis..possibly cortisone shot after a week of 800mg motrin.
if you find a good ortho and he hits the right spot a cortisone shot is like the answer to a prayer. i had tendonitis in my elbow so bad i could barely move it-within 2 days pain was gone and it has never returned-only side effect was i felt really hot for a couple of days then BAM, all was good!!!

only thing i can figure is guys who don't have good luck with cortisone shot must have gone to a crappy ortho-hitting the right spot is paramount to success, imo.

good luck!
tom

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
if you find a good ortho and he hits the right spot a cortisone shot is like the answer to a prayer. i had tendonitis in my elbow so bad i could barely move it-within 2 days pain was gone and it has never returned-only side effect was i felt really hot for a couple of days then BAM, all was good!!!

only thing i can figure is guys who don't have good luck with cortisone shot must have gone to a crappy ortho-hitting the right spot is paramount to success, imo.

good luck!
tom
TY for that info. I'm gonna take the 800mg motrin for a week and see how it goes...I cant supinate and curl, intense pain, but normal activity is okay..I will consider the cortisone shot if i see little to no improvement. She said 6 weeks off otherwise and thats not happening.

She told me it hurts...did you experience that? Thanks T!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I see motrin as a band-aid fix allot of the time, but it does serve its purpose. Nurse it back bro!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
TY for that info. I'm gonna take the 800mg motrin for a week and see how it goes...I cant supinate and curl, intense pain, but normal activity is okay..I will consider the cortisone shot if i see little to no improvement. She said 6 weeks off otherwise and thats not happening.

She told me it hurts...did you experience that? Thanks T!
the shot did hurt, but it seriously wasn't that bad-well worth a few seconds of discomfort to be rid of months of agony. would i do it again-HELL YEAH!!!!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Still going strong here. Diet on-point. Rest yesterday/today.

Weighed in at 208. Good guage from here on out to track weight loss.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Back to work...Diet on-point. No cheats.

Dosed the purple pill at 1/1/1 throughout the day. I think tomorrow I'm going to try 1 when I wake because I like the initial alertness early in the AM and 2 prework which will be 1 HR cardio.

I have a friend who bought a bottle and he is also liking the increased mood.

So I have my MRI tomorrow. We'll see what the deal is..

The Workout: 10 min warm.

Hammer Strength Row (Back)
90x25
230x8
230x6, 180x8, 130x8

Hammer Press (shoulders)
90x15
180x8
250x6, 180x6, 130x6

Reverse Leg Curls
35x15
105x6
95x8, 65x6, 35x8

Leg Press
270x20
360x10
630x6
630x6, 360x8, 180x8

Hammer Curls, Cable
60x10
100x6
100x8, 70x8, 50x8

Decent workout considering the circumstances. Finished up with 20 min cardio. Strong on some lifts, got some good pumps on the little muscles...Gonna nurse the injuries and keep hittin it as hard as I can.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice work-considering the tendonitis, very nice!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude tell me about it. I am going under for my shoulder for the second time first one was when I was 34 not I am turning 38... Never had a surgery until Thirty Something hit... LOL

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
It flares everytime when I supinate. Hammer hurts but tolerable. Barbell rows for back will flare it everytime too...Ty, all I can do is to continue to try and work as hard as possible.

Dude tell me about it. I am going under for my shoulder for the second time first one was when I was 34 not I am turning 38... Never had a surgery until Thirty Something hit... LOL
My workout partner is 38. Doesnt wear anything for protective gear, take any supplements and he gets injured very frequently. We at least try to prevent them and use gear to support our joints, supplements to lube joints; he thinks hardcore is without that stuff..but its partly not being smart.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It flares everytime when I supinate. Hammer hurts but tolerable. Barbell rows for back will flare it everytime too...Ty, all I can do is to continue to try and work as hard as possible.

My workout partner is 38. Doesnt wear anything for protective gear, take any supplements and he gets injured very frequently. We at least try to prevent them and use gear to support our joints, supplements to lube joints; he thinks hardcore is without that stuff..but its partly not being smart.
hardcore is jumping out of plane with no chute...but that's also not being smart, lol.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
agree! but dont flirt with the ego brotha!

Man that sucks!.. I was doing weight dips BW x 95 for a few sets and i strained something bad, to the point where i though i cracked y sternum... I had to rest it up and I'm good to go now... aging sucks....

hardcore is jumping out of plane with no chute...but that's also not being smart, lol.
I seriously have nothing to say to this:lol:

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for the ride on this one. I've been away from the house for a couple days now. Hoping when I get home from work tomorrow morning I have a box from LG @ my front porch!! This stuffs really lookin good!! Flex, I'm diggin your workout routine. I may alter mine more like yours.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the tendonitus. Icing and heating tends to work well for me...as well as deep stretching of the arms after a really hot shower,

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I am still a proponent of not relying on your support accessories. However there are times when they are simply important and getting older those times become more and more common. I work up to a certain intensity then it is time to put on the support gear. I even have a weight belt now for when I go into the 3-5 range on Deads and Squats, or for a widowmaker or whatever. Just to be safer...

I think BigT said it best with his comment. Not exactly smart. Screw needing surgeries. Very unproductive to a lifting career.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
In for the ride on this one. I've been away from the house for a couple days now. Hoping when I get home from work tomorrow morning I have a box from LG @ my front porch!! This stuffs really lookin good!! Flex, I'm diggin your workout routine. I may alter mine more like yours.
Thx for joinin in! My routine is compliments of Mr Kleen!

Sorry to hear about the tendonitus. Icing and heating tends to work well for me...as well as deep stretching of the arms after a really hot shower,
No worries..I'm actually giving myself credit that I actually saw someone for it instead of trying to tough it out..Especially when I didn't know what it was..

Yeah I am still a proponent of not relying on your support accessories. However there are times when they are simply important and getting older those times become more and more common. I work up to a certain intensity then it is time to put on the support gear. I even have a weight belt now for when I go into the 3-5 range on Deads and Squats, or for a widowmaker or whatever. Just to be safer...
I agree wholeheartedly.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Today was just cardio. 1HR.

I did, however, pop 2 Rezolution prework. I felt great; I found myself upping intensity even though Im conscience to keep it LIT.

Tomorrow will be back to full body, gonna dose motrin for the tendonitis and also dose 2 Rez prework before lifts..we'll really see how intense I can get!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried any other type of work on you tendonitis? I recently have been reading about active release thearpy and it looks promising. Here is a quick excerpt in regards to tendonitis

Elbow tendonitis is a diagnosis that encompasses two common elbow conditions: tennis elbow, and golfer's elbow.

Tennis elbow refers to inflammation of the tendons that attach to the outside or lateral part of the elbow, while golfer's elbow refers to inflammation of the tendons that attach to the inner or medial part of the elbow.

In order to effectively treat either type of elbow tendonitis, you first have to understand what tendons are. Simply put, tendons are the ends of muscles. They allow muscles to attach to bones. Put another way, every major muscle in your body emerges as a tendon from one of your bones and inserts as a tendon into another one of your bones.

In the case of your forearms, the muscles that run down the front of your forearms emerge as tendons from your inner elbow bone, while the muscles that run down the back of your forearms emerge as tendons from your outer elbow bone. All of these muscles insert as tendons into the bones in your wrist and hand.

Take a moment right now to clench both of your fists and feel the muscles that run along the front and back of your forearms contract. With your fists clenched, bend your wrists toward you, so that your palms come closer to you. With your wrists flexed in this position, you should feel a good stretch in the muscles that run along the back of your forearms. You should also feel a mild contraction in the muscles that run along the front of your forearms.

Now, with your fists still clenched, bend your wrists away from you, so that your palms are facing away from you. With your wrists extended in this position, you should feel a mild stretch in the muscles that run along the front of your forearms and a mild contraction in the muscles that run along the back of your forearms.

This exercise of flexing and extending your wrists is meant to allow you to feel how the muscles that surround your forearm are designed to move your wrist joint, not your elbow joint. Your elbow joint is controlled by the muscles that run along your upper arm - your biceps and triceps being the two primary ones.

Why is this point important?

When you have pain and stiffness due to inflammation in the tendons that originate in your elbow region, the focus of treatment should not be in your elbow region. Rather, the focus of treatment should be in your wrist region. More specifically, the best treatment for tennis or golfer's elbow is to rest the wrist joint so that the muscles that control your wrist joint can rest. By resting or even immobilizing your wrist joint, the muscles in your forearms and their emerging tendons in the elbow region can rest and heal.

Many conventional treatment protocols for elbow tendonitis focus on using ice massage or other physical therapy modalities in the elbow region. While such protocols may provide temporary pain relief, they rarely lead to a lasting, full recovery, particularly if the patient fails to rest his or her wrist.

Some treatment protocols call for braces that wrap around the top of the forearm, close to the area where the tendons of your forearm muscles originate. The reasoning for this is that such braces can dampen the pull that wrist activity will have on the tendons in the elbow region. Again, while this protocol may provide temporary relief, it won't provide lasting results without an appropriate period of rest for the wrist.

The bottom line is this: if you find yourself with elbow tendonitis that is accurately diagnosed as tennis or golfer's elbow, the best step you can take to recover as efficiently as possible is to rest your wrist or even wear a solid brace around your wrist for a few days. The brace should be solid enough to prevent conscious and subconscious overuse of the wrist joint, which should give the muscles and tendons in your forearm and elbow, respectively, ample time to rest and heal.

By the way, flexing and extending your wrists as described above but in a slow and deliberate manner a few times each day will keep the muscles and tendons that surround your forearms and elbows strong and flexible and minimize your chances of developing elbow tendonitis.

Addendum: In some cases, chronic elbow tendonitis can be caused by forearm muscles that are hypertonic from overuse. Stretching forearm muscles as described in this article may help restore optimal tone to hypertonic muscles, but in cases where light stretching doesn't lead to improvement, I recommend giving Active Release Technique (ART) a try.

You can visit a practitioner who has experience with ART, or you can perform ART quite easily on your elbow region.

In the case of tennis elbow that is being caused by hypertonic forearm extensors, use the fingers of your unaffected side to palpate the muscles that are closest to the site of your pain. If you have trouble locating these muscles, find the tender bony protuberance near the site of pain on the backside of your elbow, and run your fingers along the muscles in that area. Just a few inches away from the bony protuberance, you'll feel a group of muscles that are likely to be tender when you press into them.

Once you locate these hypertonic muscles, firmly press down into them with the fingers of your unaffected side - apply enough pressure to create some tenderness, and maintain this pressure.

Keep this pressure steady, and slowly bend your wrist forward and backward with your fist loosely clenched - if you clench too hard, you won't get an effective stretch of your forearm muscles. As your wrist bends back and forth, the downward pressure from your fingertips should help to loosen up the hypertonic muscles in your elbow region.

Do this for 30 to 60 seconds at a time, using as much pressure as you can comfortably tolerate. Performing this exercise several times a day should restore healthy tone to your forearm muscles, which can only help in alleviating your elbow area of unnecessary stress.

In the case of golfer's elbow, you can apply the same technique, but instead of using your fingers to press down into hypertonic muscles, it's easier to use the thumb of your unaffected side to apply pressure to your flexor forearm muscles near the bony protuberance that's located on the inner side of your elbow joint.

Please note: Self-administration of Active Release Technique is a simple and highly effective way of treating hypertonic (tight) muscles. Often times, pressure is applied to points on a muscle that correspond to common trigger points that tend to develop in major muscle groups. So one step to becoming proficient with ART is to familiarize yourself with common trigger points that develop in major muscle groups, and to do this, I recommend that you consider the following manual that provides comprehensive coverage of trigger point therapy:
I also have a couple books on mayofacial massages and will check later on tonight if anything is mentioned in there about tendonitis.

Heal up and get better bro

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's the pec? I was trying to find a post about your MRI results, but I can't seem to find it.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Heal up and get better bro
Thanks for that writeup Judo..I havent tried any other therapies..usually i just dont train the area for awhile..usually that works but I havent done biceps on a regular basis for about a month and still no improvement. :(

How's the pec? I was trying to find a post about your MRI results, but I can't seem to find it.
MRI today, results to come in 2 days. That sucked..loud machine, and barely fit in the machine..in fact I had to put 1 arm over my head the whole time and it was extremely uncomfortable after 5 minutes of that..

I trained yesterday and I felt the pec on my shoulder presses again..didnt train chest of course. I wont push it until I get the results..Nothing significant will mean 1 week off and try it again...if there is a tear, obviously i might have to really change things up on my approach to training chest. Thx for askin..