Doing the MONSTERMASH with Protocol V2 Cherry

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Running Genomyx's Protocol V2-Cherry Flavor on my New years recomp!

Thanks to Genomyx for letting me log this product!

The Plan:

My Macros are 275/ 275-250-200/ 50 (P/C/F)

Staple supps-

Krillipid Balance- 2 caps/day
Universal Liver tabs -up to 12/day
MST Mycogreen- 4 caps/day
Thorne Basic B complex- 1 cap/day

Cut off my creatine and other supps for the log to try and keep it all about the Protocol V2.

I'm gonna dose it 2x per day, everyday. On workout days, one dose before my preworkout meal and one immediately after my workout. On non-workout days I'll dose it once first thing before breakfast and again before lunch.

My workout- Is the Scott Herman plan my workout buddy found on Youtube. We needed something new and were too lazy to create something ourselves haha. It's pretty decent if you haven't heard of it take a look.

Stats:
5'10" 252lbs @ roughly 19-18% bf (I know...fat) starting Age: 26

Genomyx Protocol (495 grams): Discount Protocol Supplements

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice..loved the original and have this one enroute.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Day 1- Cherry is Popped!

Workout: Chest

DB Flat Bench
6-8 reps w/ drop-set (3drops)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Incline DB Bench
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Upright Cable Fly
6-8 reps w/ drop-set (2drops)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Bent-Over One Arm Cable press
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Standing Cable Fly
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Hammer-Strength Incline Chest Press
6-8 reps
6-8 reps

So, as planned I did one dose before my pre-workout meal and again immediately after my workout. the first thing i noticed is the dose doesn't go by *scoops :thinking: haha. No problem there since i had my scale handy and i weighed out the 8.25g (which came out to about 1 1/2 scoops for those w/o a scale). EDIT: should be 2 scoops per serving.

First Impression: The V2's Cherry flavor is on point! I would say it tastes similar to cherry kool-aid (the lower sugar kind). I was skeptical at first since most cherry flavored supps are known for having a "medicine-like" aftertaste BUT this was not the case w/ V2. I actually enjoyed downing both of my doses which is awesome since the first version was kind of a chore to drink (worth the results though :biggthumpup:).

Besides taste, the tingles were a little less pronounced than with version 1 and it mixed a little easier in my shaker bottle- V1 took a little longer for the white flakes (I'm guessing Luecine?) to dissolve. As far as recovery I'll comment on that after a few days to let the product do it's thing. I consistently get some serious DOMS from this workout plan so I'll definitely have a good idea if Protocol V2 is helping.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's up with the scoop? Can't wait to try the Cherry flavor.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
What's up with the scoop? Can't wait to try the Cherry flavor.
Turns out it should say 2 scoops so thats what I'll be doing from now on.

Cherry flavor is delicious! My girl was standing near me when I opened my tub this morning and commented on how good it smelled haha.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok,the old version was 2 scoops as well.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
in! you're spot on with your taste assessment, too... i thought the same thing.

as for the label, the manufacturer goofed, so what you see on the ingredient panel should reflect 2 scoops.

in essence, the user should take 2 scoops, twice/day. at that rate, there's still 30 days' worth.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Nice Im in
Thanks!

Protocol is ok for women too? If so I might be able to get my girl to thrown in on that 3 tub volume discount at NP! :smirk:

in! you're spot on with your taste assessment, too... i thought the same thing.

as for the label, the manufacturer goofed, so what you see on the ingredient panel should reflect 2 scoops.

in essence, the user should take 2 scoops, twice/day. at that rate, there's still 30 days' worth.
Awesome, Thanks!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Ok,the old version was 2 scoops as well.
What's with your Avi? I prefer Archie Bunker to the tramp stamp. :006: just bustin' your chops.

Got some ink myself... Calf tattoo of the Crimson Ghost. Plan on adding more in the near future just gotta save some more and not look at the NP new years sale emails.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
DAY 2-

Workout: Back

Hammer-Strength Lat Pull-Down
6-8 reps w/ drop-set (1 drop, 16 reps)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Reverse Lat Pull-Down
6-8 reps w/ drop-set (1 drop, 16 reps)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Seated Cable Row
16 reps w/ drop-set (1 drop, 16 reps)
16 reps
16 reps
Dead Lift
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Lat Push-Down
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
6-8 reps

Comments:OK, two full scoops with each dose definitely gave me the tingles and helped a little more with delaying that burn.

IDk if it's the Agmatine Sulfate in Protocol but I did notice a nice muscle fullness as I drove home from the gym to get my post-workout meal in. The best way I can think to describe it is, the pump came home with me.

As for the taste... still delicious! :trink26:

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just stoping by bro! Great log you have going on man, the workouts look very solid too! keep it up....protocol is a great product for sho! you will be happy with your recovery rate ;)

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Just stoping by bro! Great log you have going on man, the workouts look very solid too! keep it up....protocol is a great product for sho! you will be happy with your recovery rate ;)
Thanks for stopping by!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so DAY-3 was a rest day for me.

Rest Day Protocol:I took my first serving of 2 scoops first thing in the morning 15 minutes pre-breakfast and took my second dose 15 minutes before lunch. :biggthumpup: I'll do this every rest day unless i find a more efficient way to dose it on rest days ( any suggestions would be appreciated).

*On a side note, i didn't get the best of sleep last night because of a late night call from my fiance. :sleepy: Only got about 5 hours give or take...

Not sure if i should train legs today or rest. To train, or not to train: that is the question. I'll more than likely tough it but not sure if it'll effect my progress. :dunno: Todays main goal will be to get to sleep on-time.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rest Day Protocol:I took my first serving of 2 scoops first thing in the morning 15 minutes pre-breakfast and took my second dose 15 minutes before lunch. :biggthumpup: I'll do this every rest day unless i find a more efficient way to dose it on rest days ( any suggestions would be appreciated).
just as a reference point, on my non-training days, i usually have that early morning dose and then a second between lunch and dinner.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
just as a reference point, on my non-training days, i usually have that early morning dose and then a second between lunch and dinner.
Thanks for the input Smitty. Maybe I'll try to spread out the doses a little more on non-training days. After this log I might try 3-4 doses a day and see how it treats me.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input Smitty. Maybe I'll try to spread out the doses a little more on non-training days. After this log I might try 3-4 doses a day and see how it treats me.
i actually had tried mega-dosing that way with V1 just to get that gram of agmatine per day like MAN blueprint would offer... this is before my position with the company, so it was pricey to consistently dose that high.

luckily, with companies like SNS putting out a capped agmatine product, it awards an opportunity to not have to go through a protocol tub every 15 days. :D

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
i actually had tried mega-dosing that way with V1 just to get that gram of agmatine per day like MAN blueprint would offer... this is before my position with the company, so it was pricey to consistently dose that high.

luckily, with companies like SNS putting out a capped agmatine product, it awards an opportunity to not have to go through a protocol tub every 15 days. :D
I forgot SNS has bulk caps of agmatine thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking since you guys have the volume discount I could get away with trying it (2 tubs for me and 1 for the soon to be Mrs.).

I'd optimally like to get 3g of LCLT a day and 1g of agmatine. you should tell Dsade to get those bulk tubs of LCLT and Plcar back now!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
DAY 4-

Workout: Legs

Squats
15 reps (increasing weight each set)
15 reps
15 reps
15 reps
Smith Machine Hack Squats
6-8 reps (increasing weight each set)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Double legs Quad extensions
6-8 reps (increasing weight each set)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Single-Leg Quad Extensions
6-8 reps (medium weight-concentrating on form)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Double-Leg Hamstring curls
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Single-Leg Hamstring curls* (super-set w/ seated calf raises)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Seated calf raises
Heavy- in between each set of single leg hammies. I don't really count on these I go by feel and my calfs respond well to the abuse. Also, I angle my heels differently each set to hit all sides.

Comments:
Ok, yesterday's workout is what's truly putting Protocol's recovery boosting effects to the test IMO. I always hit this workout hard and my intensity was there despite lack of sleep from the previous night (thanks to my christmas gift from the woman, an Ipod-my first ever).

Today I'm feeling heavily worked and sore but not overly so, I'm kinda psyched about that. I figured I'd have trouble getting out of bed this morning since I could barely walk down the stairs geting out of the gym and I haven't really hit them this hard like that since before the holiday break.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I forgot SNS has bulk caps of agmatine thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking since you guys have the volume discount I could get away with trying it (2 tubs for me and 1 for the soon to be Mrs.).

I'd optimally like to get 3g of LCLT a day and 1g of agmatine. you should tell Dsade to get those bulk tubs of LCLT and Plcar back now!
with that sale, i say give it a shot... there was a noticeable difference between standard dosing and double-dosing for me.

as for the bulk powders, if the demand is there, we'll do it... last i heard, matt was considering bringing a couple back.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
DAYS 5-7

Friday we got a blizzard of sorts so I was forced to take the day off. I followed the regular rest day protocol: 1 serving before breakfast and again before lunch.

DAY-6

Workout: Triceps

Over-Head Extensions
6-8 reps w/ drop-set (3 drops)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps

Skull-Crushers
6-8 reps w/ drop-set (2 drops)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Overhead Cable Extensions
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Push-Downs & Reverse Pull-Downs
8-12 reps each(Push-down + Pull-Down, Light weight + nonstop)
8-12 reps
8-12 reps
Single-Arm Reverse Pull-Down
8-12 reps per arm
8-12 reps per arm
8-12 reps per arm

Comments:
Killer tri workout! :biggthumpup: Felt great and my recovery rate is definitely getting noticeably better. My workout partner has been complaining about his legs being sore all weekend haha.

DAY-7

Workout: Biceps

Straight-Bar Curl(wide grip)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Close-Grip Curl(EZ curl bar)
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
DB Curls
8 reps per arm w/ drop-set (2 drops)
8 reps
8 reps
Hammer Curls
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Side-Arm Curls(light weight + nonstop)
8 reps per arm
8 reps per arm
8 reps per arm

Comments:

Had another awesome workout, triceps and biceps are feeling great! I've been able to keep my intensity high through out my workouts which is a major plus with these high volume workouts.On a side note, I have to start getting more ab workouts in on my off days since it's the only muscle group I haven't been hitting hard and I think if all goes well I'll start my HIIT cardio next week.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so, are you in the gym every day, or is this a rotation of sorts?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to say that the cherry flavor is fantastic guys!!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
so, are you in the gym every day, or is this a rotation of sorts?
Hey, been without a computer for a bit but to answer your question I usually workout out for two days and rest one day. With the snow storms, night school and finals I've been forced to workout when I can so things get a little jumbled at times.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
It's been crazy lately but I'm still going strong :wink1: My ability to recover from these taxing workouts is noticeably increased, training hard and often hasn't been a problem.

Here's my shoulder routine for anyone who might want to give it a try.

DB Press
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
DB lat raises
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
DB forward Raises
8 reps per arm w/ drop-set (2 drops)
8 reps
8 reps
rear Deltoid Machine
6-8 reps
6-8 reps
Shrugs *alternate b/w bar and DB each week
6-8 reps
6-8 reps

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey, been without a computer for a bit but to answer your question I usually workout out for two days and rest one day. With the snow storms, night school and finals I've been forced to workout when I can so things get a little jumbled at times.
i understand completely... we were rocked by a nor'easter on wednesday and it threw my rotation all out of whack. :(

It's been crazy lately but I'm still going strong :wink1: My ability to recover from these taxing workouts is noticeably increased, training hard and often hasn't been a problem.
glad the recovery aspect is coming along for you, dude. :D

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Finally back to having my computer. Everything is coming along great but I think I need to start my HIIT cardio this week. Tore it up over the weekend with shoulders and legs, now I'll take today to rest,study, and prep food for the week.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
More snow and ice today... this is getting ridiculous. :aargh:

Day 14

Been going strong on the routine with no noticeable strength loss. :afro:
I've slowly cut down my calories by 250 total for this week and I've started HIIT cardio on the eliptical too.

My workouts haven't been getting me nearly as sore as last week despite adding weight. gotta say I'm pretty happy with my results so far but I still have a way to go.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
can't recall your address, but we must live close to one another if we're getting hit with the same storm on the same day.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
can't recall your address, but we must live close to one another if we're getting hit with the same storm on the same day.
Lower NY area... just a hop, skip and a jump away from the city. Did you guys get hit with all the ice yesterday morning? I did a 360 in my car on the way to work

I think we're getting more tomorrow or tonight....

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Day 15

Blasted tri's yesterday and did 30 minutes of HIIT cardio after my workout. I have a "clicking" noise in my left elbow during my overhead extensions and it was bugging me out WTF?! On a positive note... had my delicious cherry Protocol to down immediately after my last set!

Also, I was wondering when should i take my second dose if I'm doing cardio after a workout? After lifting/before cardio or after cardio?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lower NY area... just a hop, skip and a jump away from the city. Did you guys get hit with all the ice yesterday morning? I did a 360 in my car on the way to work

I think we're getting more tomorrow or tonight....
we had snow turn to sleet turn to ice... went to the gym around noon, came back out to a nice sheet of ice over my car. roads were very dangerous.

we're supposed to get whacked again on friday.

i don't mind the days off from work, but i don't know what to do with myself while at home.

Day 15

Blasted tri's yesterday and did 30 minutes of HIIT cardio after my workout. I have a "clicking" noise in my left elbow during my overhead extensions and it was bugging me out WTF?! On a positive note... had my delicious cherry Protocol to down immediately after my last set!

Also, I was wondering when should i take my second dose if I'm doing cardio after a workout? After lifting/before cardio or after cardio?
are you locking out on the extensions?

usually when i have the same schedule, i wait until after all is said and done before having my protocol. i've recently read an article (trying to re-locate it now) citing leucine's continued impact on protein synthesis if taken within 60 mins. of post-training/post-cardio.

give it a try before/during/after your cardio and see which you prefer.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
we had snow turn to sleet turn to ice... went to the gym around noon, came back out to a nice sheet of ice over my car. roads were very dangerous.

we're supposed to get whacked again on friday.

i don't mind the days off from work, but i don't know what to do with myself while at home.
Yeah... the buzz around work is friday snow :frustrate Probably wont be enough to keep me out of work but enough to make the trip in/out a pain in the butt.

are you locking out on the extensions?

usually when i have the same schedule, i wait until after all is said and done before having my protocol. i've recently read an article (trying to re-locate it now) citing leucine's continued impact on protein synthesis if taken within 60 mins. of post-training/post-cardio.

give it a try before/during/after your cardio and see which you prefer.
Am I locking out? Sometimes. Should I not be at all? I think I'm maybe bringing the weight too low too. I'll bring it down till my forearm is about perpendicular from my upper arm.

Damn, 60 min huh? I'll play with the dose timing on cardio days and see what I like best. I'm sure a precardio dose would be nice for endurance purposes. I'm going to try that first I think and have my post workout shake right after the cardio.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Am I locking out? Sometimes. Should I not be at all? I think I'm maybe bringing the weight too low too. I'll bring it down till my forearm is about perpendicular from my upper arm.
when doing skullies, i bring the bar back just to my hairline and extend w/o locking my elbows to keep the tension on the triceps.

Damn, 60 min huh? I'll play with the dose timing on cardio days and see what I like best. I'm sure a precardio dose would be nice for endurance purposes. I'm going to try that first I think and have my post workout shake right after the cardio.
sounds good... remember, too, that everyone has their own timing with this category of supplements.

you could also split up the serving... 1 scoop PWO, 1 scoop post-cardio; 1 scoop PWO, 1 scoop during cardio; etc...

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
sounds good... remember, too, that everyone has their own timing with this category of supplements.

you could also split up the serving... 1 scoop PWO, 1 scoop post-cardio; 1 scoop PWO, 1 scoop during cardio; etc...
Oooo never thought to split the dose in two. Good thinking.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

Had a good bicep workout performance wise ( weights and reps were all on point) but I'm feeling a little flat since the reduction in calories so I might bump them back up by 100-150 or so. On the bright side, weighed myself yesterday morning before eating and I'm currently down 10lbs :bling: with no loss of strength!

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
On the bright side, weighed myself yesterday morning before eating and I'm currently down 10lbs :bling: with no loss of strength!
congrats, dude... that's no easy feat. :D

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
congrats, dude... that's no easy feat. :D
Thanks man! I feel the first ten is just the holiday weight and bloat. We'll see if I can keep progressing at this pace...

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Day-20

Ok, I'm a little under three weeks in and I gotta say it's been hard to get sore lately! I've been busting my hump in the gym and even increasing weight on certain exercises and still nothing.

Going to weigh myself again and see if I can get my bf% checked at the gym today.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day-20

Ok, I'm a little under three weeks in and I gotta say it's been hard to get sore lately! I've been busting my hump in the gym and even increasing weight on certain exercises and still nothing.

Going to weigh myself again and see if I can get my bf% checked at the gym today.
in the same position as you... i'm logging ABC for core, and my strength is increasing and my recovery has been great.

it's amazing that these progressions that you and i are experiencing are from very simply formulated, recovery-oriented supplements, while i never got results like these from a test booster, AI, designer creatine, or pre-workout, etc.

gainweightnow

gainweightnow

Board Sponsor
Awards
in the same position as you... i'm logging ABC for core, and my strength is increasing and my recovery has been great.

it's amazing that these progressions that you and i are experiencing are from very simply formulated, recovery-oriented supplements, while i never got results like these from a test booster, AI, designer creatine, or pre-workout, etc.
Love me some protocol... strength increasing, weight going down... does it get any better?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established

Yeah, i find these simple but properly dosed recovery supps to be some of the most effective supplements I've tried. I've wasted hundreds on products that did little to nothing for me but gave me itchy nips and a lighter wallet.

ABC looks pretty official too. What flavor did you get and how is it?

Love me some protocol... strength increasing, weight going down... does it get any better?
Not from a natty supp haha Thanks for stopping in!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Day-21

Blasted through legs yesterday! I mean really pushed my limits and today I'm feeling great ( i feel worked but no soreness). I even added 20lbs to my squat ( i should have upped the weight on my extensions as well...)! My body weight is still sitting around the same (242-243lbs) but I'm looking leaner in the mirror. Still waiting for the guy who does the Bf testing to be there when I am...

Gotta get to the store and buy up 10 more pounds of chicken breast before we get anymore dang snow!!!

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ABC looks pretty official too. What flavor did you get and how is it?
logging the peach... taste is phenomenal and always loved the formula; different from protocol in that it contains cit/mal (which i love at higher doses) and a higher BCAA content, but it honestly can't hold a candle to a recovery aid containing LCLT and agmatine. ;)

Gotta get to the store and buy up 10 more pounds of chicken breast before we get anymore dang snow!!!
we're getting hit again, too... commute to work was dreadful.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
logging the peach... taste is phenomenal and always loved the formula; different from protocol in that it contains cit/mal (which i love at higher doses) and a higher BCAA content, but it honestly can't hold a candle to a recovery aid containing LCLT and agmatine. ;)
I've ran many BCAA products and gotta say Protocol is my favorite recovery supp so far. With the new flavor it's truly an effortless decision to make this a staple in my stack (w/ small breaks of course :) ). Plus, i can get a bag of 2lb of Cit/mal for cheap and just add it to Protocol :biggthumpup:

we're getting hit again, too... commute to work was dreadful.
Supposed to get more tonight into tomorrow afternoon... :wtf:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protocol has been a staple for me from day 1. At my age recovery is paramount to staying in the game for me!

gainweightnow

gainweightnow

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've ran many BCAA products and gotta say Protocol is my favorite recovery supp so far. With the new flavor it's truly an effortless decision to make this a staple in my stack (w/ small breaks of course :) ). Plus, i can get a bag of 2lb of Cit/mal for cheap and just add it to Protocol :biggthumpup:

Supposed to get more tonight into tomorrow afternoon... :wtf:
adding Cit/mal to protocol makes it taste somewhat like cherry lemonade, the two go very well together :fingersx:

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
With the new flavor it's truly an effortless decision to make this a staple in my stack (w/ small breaks of course :) ).
we're considering other flavors, too, so if you have a few you'd love to see released, let us know... our supporters are sure to play a huge role in helping us to decide should we go forward with this. ;)