Incinerating the Fat with AM/PM REDuction Shots

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright boys, here we go.

Current stats: 5'10", 5'11" on those good days. 238 lbs. the morning of 1/2/11

Goals: Lose 3 inch" off my waist (currently 35") while maintaining my muscle mass. Remeasured what I thought was a 34" waist and it's nearly 36". WTF finals and holidays :<

Sound unreasonable? :bryce:

As the title states, I'll be logging Controlled Labs REDuction AM & PM SHOTS: Fat Incineration Matrix

From the Controlled Lab website:

The REDuction AM and PM SHOTS are precisely formulated with 24/7 fatloss in mind, containing potent thermogenics like Synephrine and Raspberry Ketones. The AM formula contains ingredients to not only CONTROL cravings, but also improve ENERGY, MOOD, and FOCUS during the day. The PM formula keeps your appetite under CONTROL, maximizes your metabolism overnight, and helps you sleep deeper to enhance lean mass.

Rapid release formula
Energy and focus
Optimize metabolic rate
24/7 fatloss
Fast results and muscle definition
Control cravings even at night
Improved sleeping patterns to enhance lean mass
Ephedrine Free
Yohimbe Free
AM Shot Ingredients:
  • Natural Caffeine
  • Raspberry Ketones
  • Cocoa Extract (99% Theobromine)
  • Citrus Aurantium Extrat (60% Synephrine alkaloids)
  • Bioperine (Piper Nigrum)
PM Shot Ingredients:
  • Cordia Salicfolia Extract
  • Raspberry Ketones
  • Valeriana Officinalis Root Extracct
  • L-Theanine
  • Griffonia Seed Extract
The supplements (2 bottles, each one sold separately) piqued my interest when I saw that they worked together by providing a boost of fat burning throughout the day and then aided in sleep while still maintaining the potent fat burning properties that I need to drop this flab.

Plan: To use the AM shots just before I do morning fasted cardio. Could be treadmill, bike, or sprints. I want this to be my fat burning hour. I've always found that fasted morning cardio can shed fat but with the added boost of the AM shots I know it'll melt off.

With the PM shots I don't know if I'm going to go to sleep in a fasted state, but I'd like to try it. Maybe just keep my regular 500 calories of cottage cheese. I'll try both and see if I notice a difference.

Log duration: 30 days.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reserved for final review and most likely post pics.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1 (1/2):

AM shots!

Taste: Awesome. I gotta say, this is something I didn't really expect. Most supplements just sort of taste nasty (in my experience anyway). Both the AM/PM shots taste fine. I just toss them in my mouth (warning: VERY SOUR) and drink down some water.

Effects: I could feel the caffeine pretty quickly. Maybe 15-30 minutes after I had a bit of an energy high. I was expecting a crash but it never came. I've used raspberry ketone supplements before and this one is not dissapointing. I could feel how warm my body was (especially the stomach lol) after taking it and that didn't go away for a few hours.

PM Shots:

Taste: Again, awesome. Did the same technique. Couldn't tell much of a difference between sour apple and apple cinnamon though :thinking:

Effects: Holy crap. Sleep was very deep last night. I also use Lg Sciences GHenerate and melatonin (EOD). So I'm used to deep sleep. But the PM shots took it to a whole new level. Which is odd, because usually when I take stimulants I have a tough time sleeping :thinking: x2

Of course, this is just day one...

DAY 2 (1/3):

AM shots:

Same feeling of warmth from the ketones. I think that the cocoa extract might be giving me the smooth energy after the caffeine burst, keeping me from crashing. Either way... awesome!

Looking forward to see how my sleep is tonight. Gonna be a rough day.

Currently eating: 2 lbs. of spinach, 8 large eggs, 12 slices of thick cut bacon and a block of cheddar cheese. Two quiches = awesome (spelling?).

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed...kill it bruddah!!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1 (1/2):

Currently eating: 2 lbs. of spinach, 8 large eggs, 12 slices of thick cut bacon and a block of cheddar cheese. Two quiches = awesome (spelling?).
MMMmmmmmm... That sounds delicious!! :food: Whats the rest of your diet looking like?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wokeup around 4am (went to bed at 8pm). Feel very well rested. Just did my morning cardio and now I'm chowing down on some chicken breast. Later I'll have some rice/beans for carbs.

My diet is basically just base foods like eggs, rice, beans, veggies, chicken, red meat, andraulic state gt (that counts as a food right? lol.) and milk.

I love the feeling of how warm my body is, especially the fat around my stomach. I know this **** is working.

subbed...kill it bruddah!!!!
O **** bro, NJ huh? You go to that hardcore gym... what's it called... planet fitness right? on rt. 70 right? LOL. That's where all the big boys go I hear haha

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still going strong, took a 2 hour nap. Diet is going well. Not too much else to report atm. I'm thinking about buying more REDuction after I'm done this log. It's looking to be very well priced on nutraplanet.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
looking good so far. are you tracking your calories / know how much your taking in?

Also, PM doesn't have any stims (wouldn't be smart to take stims prebed amirit??).

Im interested to see your macros as I feel you are taking in too much of everything based on your vague description of your diet. But I could always be wrong in my assumptions.

keep killin it though my friend. how long have you been dieting and have your workouts taken a hit because of the calorie deficit?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looking good so far. are you tracking your calories / know how much your taking in?

Also, PM doesn't have any stims (wouldn't be smart to take stims prebed amirit??).

Im interested to see your macros as I feel you are taking in too much of everything based on your vague description of your diet. But I could always be wrong in my assumptions.

keep killin it though my friend. how long have you been dieting and have your workouts taken a hit because of the calorie deficit?
I've actually been experimenting with fasting techniques. I've been going off of information from Datbtrue's website. It's pretty amazing.

At any rate, what I'm trying to succeed in is having times where fat burning is at an optimal, namely right in the morning (fasted cardio + AM shot + no carbs) and at night (no carbs + PM shot).

To be honest I don't count calories because I don't believe in counting calories... at a certain point it is easy to portion calories out and understand how much you need and how much of what foods will give you how many calories. It's the same with training, in my mind. I know my limits and I know on most days if I'm feeling 5 sets or only 3, etc.

And yes, PM has no stims. It has ingredients that help with sleep and also keep up the thermic effect so that the body continues burning fat while maintaining the all too important recovery aspect of our lifestyle :sleepy:

I took 3 shots of the AM this morning (serving size is 2). I didn't notice too much difference and will keep the shots at 2. I'm going to take 3.5 to 4 shots of the PM for the same experimental value. It's good to test the limits of these things.

Hey, if you visit this thread, leave some comments bros!

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you on counting calories. After a while of eating the same amount of the stuff you know how much your taking in. I mostly utilize it towards the end of a cutting cycle (which so far has only been a theoretical contest / photo shoot).

When I start up my log next week I think I'll finally have a reason to use my shot glass :D. Its been out of commission since my third year of undergrad.

Interested in your results. Dont forget those pictures my friend!

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get back here first page of reviews. Here we go.

Did a medicine ball pre-workout (neural charge type training) today in the morning. Went really well, I had a lot more energy than usual. I think I have a bit less flab going on in the abdominal area, but I haven't measured yet. Will do so at the 15 day mark.

At any rate, I've tried the pre-workout training before using coffee and it left me a little more exhausted than normal (caffeine usually hypes me up fast and crashes me just as easy). The AM shot didn't do that, gave me a concentrated energy. I think it's the cocoa extract. Also apparently lowers blood pressure, which I have a problem with.

Took a little extra of the PM last night and I felt more rested. Can't say for sure it wasn't an anomaly, but I'll try it for one more night (tonight) and see how it goes.

DAY 5 currently, btw.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
subbed! Kill it bro!

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed! Kill it bro!
Killing it for sure. Taking my dose of AM shots now. Going to head outside at some point and do more neural training, I think it really paid off when I did rows the other day. I definitely feel/look leaner already, but I'm holding off to measure.

I found that when I dosed the PM shots for two nights in a row, each of those night i slept 30-60 minutes longer, and when i stopped i reverted back to normal sleep. Pretty cool, though it's not a very scientific experiement as no variables except the PM shot were controlled. :kabong:

Either way, this **** rocks.

BIGRAND

BIGRAND

Awards
Hey man i agree those pm shots are the heat....I will be stopping by to check u out from time to time....I'm logging it too!

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took my morning dose with water just to try it out. Tastes pretty damn good. Mixes very well. I might just start doing it this way, it'll help me up my water intake as well.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
looks like this thing is doing good things for you :bigok:

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looks like this thing is doing good things for you :bigok:
Bro it definitely is. I think the night shots are a big difference from the normal fatloss attack. How many people can say they take fat loss supps at night? Very few I would say based on the fact most are simply caffeine or something that will keep someone awake. The Raspberry ketones keep me warm! But I sleep great :thumbsup:

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump for this update.

I woke-up in the morning and took my scoops of AM, went to a hill in my icey wonderland and did some hill sprints (for the f'king hell of it) and then came home and downed a bunch of almond butter. Later I had some eggs. After eating the eggs I noticed a fruity/sweet taste in my mouth.

I've had this before. On the anabolic diet. While in ketosis.

I don't want to say that I was experiencing ketosis... but... damn. That's some good ****.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
ah, I remember that taste.

gf said my breath smelt terrible when I was in ketosis. But hell, I looked good :D

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ah, I remember that taste.

gf said my breath smelt terrible when I was in ketosis. But hell, I looked good :D
ahahaha yes my gf calls me stinky. It's not my fault I workout all the time... wait yes it is. :lmao:

Been listening to [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW4C2h3lPac&feature=related"]YouTube - Tchaikovsky's famous 1812 Overture Part 2[/nomedia] this morning. God I love when the cannons fire. Makes me want to run around slaying my enemies.

And then I do. haha

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it weird that I look forward to the taste of these? Still feeling awesome, btw.

Anyone else planning on running this product? I know a few guys are running logs but just wondering.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Bro it definitely is. I think the night shots are a big difference from the normal fatloss attack. How many people can say they take fat loss supps at night? Very few I would say based on the fact most are simply caffeine or something that will keep someone awake. The Raspberry ketones keep me warm! But I sleep great :thumbsup:
Exactly, it's 24/7 fatloss !!!

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly, it's 24/7 fatloss !!!
It's such a good idea. And it's smooth too. Anyone who has used a longer acting stim (like clenbuteral) will know that it can be difficult to sleep sometimes. The PM shots warm me up and calm me down. :afro:

Thermogenics at their finest folsk

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back to the top! Already halfway through and seriously these shots are awesome. I started taking grape fruit juice and I can feel it extend the caffeine (maybe the other ingredients, but I know the caffeine) for atleast an hour. It's nice. I love the kick in the morning.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Back to the top! Already halfway through and seriously these shots are awesome. I started taking grape fruit juice and I can feel it extend the caffeine (maybe the other ingredients, but I know the caffeine) for atleast an hour. It's nice. I love the kick in the morning.
Awesome bro! How long do you feel the energy from the AM shot lasting for you?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Screw the semester starting, this sucks.

Awesome bro! How long do you feel the energy from the AM shot lasting for you?
It's funny, I don't feel the energy really wear off too rapidly. Like I said before it's smooth after the initial caffeine burst (15-30 minutes after initially taking). I'd say for about 6 hours I can still feel the effects for sure (or for placebo, who knows). I swear I wake up in the morning and can still feel the ketones from the night shots but I can't say for sure.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
It's funny, I don't feel the energy really wear off too rapidly. Like I said before it's smooth after the initial caffeine burst (15-30 minutes after initially taking). I'd say for about 6 hours I can still feel the effects for sure (or for placebo, who knows). I swear I wake up in the morning and can still feel the ketones from the night shots but I can't say for sure.
Same here; really never feel any sort of loss of energy much less a crash on any kind.

PM shotz make me so warm at night haha, its awesome.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here; really never feel any sort of loss of energy much less a crash on any kind.

PM shotz make me so warm at night haha, its awesome.
Yah I had to walk through a glacier the other night so I popped some AM shots and it was a cake walk. :wtf:

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much weight did you lost already?
I've lost about seven lbs. It's treated me real well. I don't think I'll use many other fat loss supplements except REDuction from now on. It's too good to not use.

The log is almost at an end, and I hope when someone sees my final review it'll persuade them to give the shots a chance :fingersx:

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
That is some great results bro!!!is definetly a good supplement!!

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
I've lost about seven lbs. It's treated me real well. I don't think I'll use many other fat loss supplements except REDuction from now on. It's too good to not use.

The log is almost at an end, and I hope when someone sees my final review it'll persuade them to give the shots a chance :fingersx:
Yeah its definitely one of the better fat burners Ive used. Recomping at 4kcals and getting more defined? Thats awesome in my book.