Grmlock puts the new Activate to Xtreme testing

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
First, I want to thank Robboe and DS for selecting me to run a log of the new and improved AX. I have been a big fan of DS since I first tried the original incarnations of GXR, Melting Point, etc. To this day, the original Activate Xtreme is my favorite natty test booster and I'm hoping this one exceeds that version and, on paper at least, it looks like it will be.

I started dosing this morning about 45 minutes before breakfast to take advantage of the GH boost from the Macuna and L-Dopa. Dosing will be pre-breakfast and pre-WO or ~45 minutes before dinner. One thing that I LOVE is the inclusion of Vitamin D especially now that it's getting into he winter months and most get less sunlight this time of year.

I'll update tonight after I get done with training which tonight, is going to be some Prowler pushes.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Alright, first training session was a major success. I wasn't really feeling going to the gym the first day after a holiday as I knew it would be packed. Instead, I pushed the Prowler...17 times. Each stretch was 40M and there was 110 lbs add to it.

Session breakdown:

Piriformis Roll
Foam Roll
Hip Flexor Stretch

3, 3-minute rounds jump rope

Prowler Pushes

Flexibility

It took me about 30 minutes to do these and I was about to vomit after about 11 of them, but I kept going. I haven't been pushing the Prowler like I need to be, but it's by far one of the best conditioning methods.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Starting Stats:

6'
220 lbs
13% BF

Assessment Lifts (Current):
Dips (BW+70x12)
Pullups (BW+45x8)
Squats (315x12)
Deadlifts (495x5)
Standing Military (195x8)
Flat Bench (275x12)

I'm hoping to add 5-10 lbs on these lifts while increasing my conditioning. I do some accessory lifts as well, but these are the main things that I focus on while lifting. I'm not a BBer in any sense of the word; I am an athlete and train as such.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Only 1 day in and I've already noticed the sleep effects from the Macuna and L-Dopa. Fell asleep within minutes and feel 100% rested today even after my Prowler session yesterday.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
11/30: Rep Upper, Core

Foam Roll
Dynamic Warm-Up

Dips
BW+45x15x5

Pullups
BW+25x10x5

Facepulls
150x15x5

Side Laterals
ss
Shrugs
45x12x5/125x12x5

Decline Sit-Up
BW+10x10x3

Static Stretches

Amazing session today which I attribute to the great nights rest that I got. I kept the main lifts lighter than usual to implement more periodization into my program and put less wear and tear on my body.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my legs are still shot from that night, so I took Wednesday off from training, but I did squeeze in a 20 minute MFR and flexibility session. I have legs on deck for today and will update after I train this afternoon.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
12/2: Legs, Core

Squats: 225x15, 275x12, 315x12
SLDL: 225x12, 245x12, 275x10
Walking DB Lunges: 80x12, 80x12, 80x12
GHR: 10, 10, 10
Planks/Cable Crunches: 30s/135x20, 30s/135x20, 30s/135x20

DC Stretches

I was in the zone for this whole session. I took the AX about 45 minutes prior to training and it was starting to kick in during my warmup. It may be a coincidence, but I was starting to get a little more irritable than usual. I'm not going to say that it's the AX yet, but this is definitely promising. I felt great during the squats and will be attempting a new PR next week. I may have been able to hit it this week, but I didn't want to stop with the Prowler on Monday. Rodja and I have a conditioning session tomorrow afternoon and it'll be interesting to see if this will also have some nice cardio benefits.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Another great night of sleep on AX. Still seem to be a bit cranky, but it may just be the GF.

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
I defintely see improved sleep on this

Another nice workout...

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
12/4: Conditioning

1/2 mile jog

10 sets:
Prowler Push: 40M+100 lbs
30 Jumping Jacks
3 Tire Flips (450 lbs)

Total Time: 17:26

Another brutal conditioning session. A little less weight, but with more components to the training. I was humming along until I rolled my ankle during the jumping jacks, but I only had 2 more intervals left at that point. Legs got a massive pump in them after 2 intervals from both the Prowler and the tires. My legs were so full of blood that I could barely walk and jumping jacks were much harder than usual. Still, great day outside to sweat.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
12/4: Max upper

Warmup and pre-hab

Push-press: 175x8, 185x5, 195x5, 205x5, 225x5
Pullups (between PP sets): 15x5

Incline DB press: 80x12, 90x12, 100x9, 110x6

DB rows
-ss-
Side laterals
120x15/45x12, 140x12/45x12, 150x10/45x12

BW dips (max reps w/ 90s rest): 17, 17, 18, 14

Static stretching

All I can say is wow. I had a killer pump from this session. It's almost to the point where it hurt and my arms were extremely heavy after my last set of dips. In fact, the pump was so large that I struggled to put on my seatbelt.

At this point, I can say that the aggression has kicked in, which was not present in the previous version of the AX. This was day 6 and I am looking forward to what lies for me for the rest of the bottle.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Niiice

Those are some workouts!!!
Thank you. I've really noticed a great increase in my performance since I cut out the crap, started doing some foam rolling and the like, and working mainly in a movement fashion instead of focusing on a muscle during my sessions.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you. I've really noticed a great increase in my performance since I cut out the crap, started doing some foam rolling and the like, and working mainly in a movement fashion instead of focusing on a muscle during my sessions.
Just wait until you graduate to using some PVC pipe instead of the foam.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
12/6: conditioning

Dynamic warmup
Prehab

Circuit 1
Prowler push 40M
50 jumping jacks
15 burpees
20 hammer swings
sprint

Circuit 2
5 tire flips
50 jumping jacks
sprint
100 jump rope

Circuit 3
Same as 1

Circuit 4
Same as 2

Circuit 5
Prowler push 40M
50 jumping jacks
5 tire flips
100 jump rope
sprint

Total time 17:28

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Feeling really good even after pushing myself really hard the past 10 days or so. Surprisingly, my legs still feel fresh and aren't fried out like they usually are. Sleep has consistently been great and I'm noticing some subtle, yet noticeable changes in my vascularity.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
12/8: Rep Upper

Foam Roll
Dynamic Warm-Up

Dips
BW+90x5x5

Pullups
BW+45x5x5

Facepulls
175x15x5

Side Laterals
ss
Shrugs
45x12x5/140x10x5

Decline Sit-Up
BW+25x5x5

Static Stretches

Decided to step it up a bit in the gym. Great pump and a smooth, yet intense aggression the entire session. I'm extremely sore in my traps and rear delts from this with some good soreness in my chest and upper lats.

So far what I've noticed is:
Increased aggression
Great sleep (longer and more restful)
Better pumps
Increased vascularity

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
"So far what I've noticed is:
Increased aggression
Great sleep (longer and more restful)
Better pumps
Increased vascularity"

Exactly what you want from this.
Good results!!!

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
12/9: Lower, Core

Front Squats: 225x15, 245x12, 255x12
SLDL: 225x12, 245x12, 275x10B
BB Lunges: 185x12, 185x12, 185x12
GHR: 10, 10, 10
Planks/Decline Crunches: 30s/35x10, 30s/35x10, 30s/35x10

DC Stretches

Decided to switch it up today and do some things I haven't done in awhile. I used to do only front squats to keep a tighter core, but I've deviated from them for about a year. I'm really priming my body before I hit it really hard the last 2 weeks of the log.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Warmup and pre-hab

Pullups: BW+45x8, BW+55x5, BW+55x5, BW+60x5, BW+70x5
Dips (between PP sets): BW+45x12

Incline DB press: 80x12, 90x12, 100x9, 110x6

DB Shrugs
ss
Rear Fly
120x15/45x12, 140x12/45x12, 150x10/45x12

Blast strap pushups (+20lb vest; 90s rest): 46, 42, 44, 40, 39

Sprints

50Mx10
9:47

I felt really good today. Woke up early, had some coffee with my AX, ate my breakfast, and then headed to the gym 90 minutes later. My shoulders were feeling great, so I decided to really hit the lifts requiring good shoulders hard. Great pump in the whole delt/trap area and some good strength and recovery between sets. I couldn't quite get the sprints going as well as I would have like since my legs were still a little dead from my leg session, but still good nonetheless.

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had the guts to try your workouts!!!

Good stuff...

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had the guts to try your workouts!!!

Good stuff...
It's more of just having the discipline to keep a schedule. I don't always train like this, but I make sure that I always go to the gym and do something.

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya...

I'm good with consistency and am doing good with heavy weights. It's the joints that suffer for me doing some challenging crosstraining routines at this age.
I ain't old but can't stop the joints from screamin'...

Your results are looking impressive

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
12/13: Conditioning

50 tire flips
10 Prowler pushes

17:12

Thought I was going to have a coronary during this as my HR got really high. I managed to keep my hip burst throughout the tire flips and it didn't feel like my quads were dead at the end of the Prowler pushes. Recovery is definitely improved and vascularity is way up in my forearms and front delts.

nilebo2

Awards
Could you explain the increased aggression? Is it something you are able to manage and are you taking it outside the gym or spending it there? The main reason why I ask this is because I ordered the Triazole+Active Xtreme+ Lean Xtreme combo and am wanting to know what to expect. I'll continue to follow your log!

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Could you explain the increased aggression? Is it something you are able to manage and are you taking it outside the gym or spending it there? The main reason why I ask this is because I ordered the Triazole+Active Xtreme+ Lean Xtreme combo and am wanting to know what to expect. I'll continue to follow your log!
It's easily manageable, but I have been finding myself more edgy and irritable. Again, it's not having any negative effect upon my relationships or social life, but it is fun to have an increased intensity at all times.

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
I'm finding the Lean Xtreme helps level out the aggression and keep it focused in the gym.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
12/15: Rep Upper

Foam Roll
Dynamic Warm-Up

Dips
BW+90x5x5

Pullups
BW+45x5x5

Facepulls
175x15x5

Rear Flys
ss
DB Rows
45x12x5/150x15x5

Decline Sit-Up
BW+35x5x5

Static Stretches

Still feeling great and really feeling strong and aggressive in the gym. I never got tired during this session and had to stop myself from adding extra volume to the session. Fantastic pump in the lats, traps, and delts along with some great vascularity in the area.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates the past few days. I tweaked my knee while I was warming up for a conditioning session on Thursday. It's not overly tender, but I can't really drive off of it.