Southpaw gets Xtreme(* New Activate Xtreme Log)

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Firstly, I would like to thank the guys over at Driven Sports (Matt & Robboe), for allowing me the opportunity to log the newest version of Activate Xtreme. I will be taking a total of 4 pills (on an empty stomach) per day, 2 in the am and 2 at night. The ingredient profile is listed below.

Activate Xtreme Ingredients:

Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings per Container: 60 (120 caps)

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin D3 (as D3 Cholecalciferol) 2000 IU 500%

Activate Xtreme Propietary Blend:
1500 mg **

CoreTest:

Divanil (Propietary Urtica Dioica Extract containing SHBG Binding and Aromatase Inhibiting Lignana Including 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran Secoisolariciresinol), Mucuna Pruriens SE (20% L-Dopa), Maca Root PE 20:1 (Lepidium Meyenii)
LevoTest:

Bryonia Laciniosa Seed PE 10:1, L-Dopa (standarized 95% Extract of Mucuna Pruriens, pZole ((Propietary Extract of Brassaiopsis Glumerulata), Vitamin D (as D3 Cholecalciferol) **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Magnesium Stearate, Rice Powder, Gelatin

Some general background: I just recently ( a little over a week ago) completed an 8 week run of Triazole, and the results were nothing short of spectacular. I've already gone into great detail regarding the numerous positive effects of Triazole, so I will simply leave at this...it is hands down the best supplement that I have ever used. With that said, I'm really looking forward to running AX.

I plan to run Activate Xtreme for a period of 8 weeks. I went ahead and purchased a second bottle in anticipation of receiving this one from DS. I'd been training for a local boxing (amateur) tourney, unfortunately I wasn't on target to make weight and decided that rather than drain myself in order to drop the last few pounds, that I'd much rather pull out altogether and focus on putting on some additional muscle mass in the coming winter months. My calories will range from 2,500 to 3,500 depending on the day/workload (cardio vs resistance training).

My training routine will consist of 4-5 days focusing on resistance training/heavy bag routines (using some non-traditional methods which I will detail throughout this log). I like to lift slow while focusing on breathing, and the mind/muscle connection. Additionally, I will be performing fasted cardio 4-5 days a week, with each session being in the range of 40-45 minutes, depending on how I feel that day. Some things I'll be looking for when reviewing the new Activate Xtreme - are as follows:

1) Strength Increases
2) Body Composition (body-fat/muscle-mass)
3) Recovery
4) Libido

For guys 30 (like myself) or over, this product may prove to be quite beneficial in numerous areas, which I will cover throughout this log.

Initial thoughts: I took my first dose yesterday (Sunday), 2 pills first thing in the morning and then another 2 at night (both on an empty stomach). It was a light day where I performed some mitt work, in conjunction with some speed-bag routines. Today will mark my second day on Activate Xtreme. I've already taken my first dose this morning. I will be working back tonight and plan to report back on anything that I deem as useful information, in relation to this product.

A few things that I've noticed starting yesterday with my first dose of AX - and then again today - is that I'm getting headaches and feeling a bit nauseous. I've read that this is a common side effect of L-Dopa? Anyone have any ideas as to the duration of these side effects? I'm hoping they subside after a period of time, once my body gets acclimated to the product. In any event let the games begin....

Edit: I left out one of the most important variables...diet. I eat 6-7 small meals a day focusing on lean protein sources coupled with healthy fats, in the form of fish oil. Protein is usually within the 30-50 gram vicinity with each meal, with omega 3's being in the range of 12-20 grams a day. My "performance" supps consist of a PWO, an intra and finally a creatine based recovery product.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd! I just got mine in the mail today and will have the log up after my workout.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for joining man. I never know how to make these logs interesting enough where people actually pay attention. I was thinking of taking a picture of myself in a robe giving everyone the finger, but that's a last resort....actually upon reflection I still want to do that.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for joining man. I never know how to make these logs interesting enough where people actually pay attention. I was thinking of taking a picture of myself in a robe giving everyone the finger, but that's a last resort....actually upon reflection I still want to do that.
While holding a turkey leg in your other hand! That should do the trick!

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2: Activate Xtreme/Back

Tonight will consist of back in combination with some light cardio. I'll begin with wide grip pull-ups in the 10-15 rep range, first warm up set is slow and focused. I like to begin each workout the right way and not half-ass it, or else the rest of my workout routine suffers. Once my warm up set is out of the way. The crux of my program begins;

4 sets of wide grip pull-ups, with the last set pushing myself to failure. Again in the 10-15 rep range. The first two sets are once again slow and focused. The last two sets are explosive, where I pull myself up in an explosive fashion with my hands leaving the bar only slightly and then catching myself on the way down.

In between each exercise, I will immediately go to the heavy bag and work on various punches/combination routines, for a period of one minute.

I then go into the next 2 routines, which is narrow bar pull up and reverse grip narrow pull-up. For a total of 8 sets, with the first 2 sets of each exercise once again being slow and focused, with the last 2 of each being an explosive movement. At this point I normally aim for 10-12 reps as my strength and focus are being tested. Obviously depending on the day I can dip below the 10 rep mark on my final sets, if I'm feeling fatigued for any reason.

I repeat the heavy bag routine explained above.

I then move onto the lat machine, for a total of 4 sets, with a rep range of 10-15. I focus not so much on weight, but form and strength.

15 x 90
12 x 100
10 x 110
8 x 120
15-20 x 60/70

Repeat heavy bag routine.

I then move onto rows, which tonight will incorporate bands. I normally do these in a high rep range, anywhere from 15-20 for a total of 4 sets.

Repeat heavy bag routine.

Last exercise is lower back. This last exercise is a feeling out process. If I feel any kind of pain in my lower back, I may opt for the machine. If I'm feeling strong I perform dumbbell dead lifts with a low rep range of 8-10 reps starting out with 30lbs all the up to 50lbs. I can do more but for me that's enough, as I play to many sports and suffer from back problems as it is.

This is the plan for tonight, if for any reason I deviate from this plan, I will make sure to note that. I just dosed AX and will be taking my PWO of choice Mesomorph in 30 minutes, then off the gym. Will update afterwords.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that workout would put me in a wheel chair... Might have to give something like that a shot to switch it up

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that workout would put me in a wheel chair... Might have to give something like that a shot to switch it up
I don't pretend to be like most guys who workout and act tough, so I'm willing to tell you that the first three times I did this routine, I threw up before I was even halfway finished lol and yes my trainer screamed out in front of everyone including some hot girls " hey why don't you take off your v*gina"!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't pretend to be like most guys who workout and act tough, so I'm willing to tell you that the first three times I did this routine, I threw up before I was even halfway finished lol and yes my trainer screamed out in front of everyone including some hot girls " hey why don't you take off your v*gina"!
Lol that's some good sh!t! And I'm pretty sure I would puke too... Have a good w/o brotha'

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: Back workout plus heavy bag routine was flawless, in fact I felt good enough afterwords to throw in some abs. All my weight was up tonight and I felt strong, very vascular. Arms had a road map appearance. I felt more aggressive than usual. My total test levels are still pretty high, considering that I finished my cycle of Triazole a little over a week ago.

One thing that I keep noticing and it wasn't as bad tonight, is that I get headaches when taking AX. I understand from researching the problem that it's directly attributed to the L-Dopa content. Anyone else experience this issue and if so please dear god tell me that it goes away, because my head was killing me today! That said I'm still going to run this product all the way through and expect nothing but great results!

H

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for this

I think you'll be glad you got the second bottle

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for this

I think you'll be glad you got the second bottle
I hope so...only thing throwing me off is the damn headaches, but I'll man up and deal with it.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope so...only thing throwing me off is the damn headaches, but I'll man up and deal with it.

That's right cowboy the **** up!! :D haha if you can survive that back workout I'm sure you won't that headache get in your way!!

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's right cowboy the **** up!! :D haha if you can survive that back workout I'm sure you won't that headache get in your way!!
Day 3:Activate Xtreme/Shoulders

Lol this is true. I popped 2 pills about an hour ago (empty stomach) and am going to perform some fasted cardio this morning. Tonight is shoulders. Routine is laid out below.

Military Shoulder Press 5 sets 10-15 pyramiding down - * if my strength is up then I will aim for 10 sets in total.

30 seconds on speedbag

Lateral Raises 5 sets 10-15 reps each set.

30 seconds on speedbag

Front Raises 4 sets 10-15 reps (using resistance bands)

30 seconds on speedbag

Shrugs 6 sets 15-20 reps...pyramiding down dependent on strength.

30 seconds on speed bag

Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise With Head On Bench. 5 sets at 10-15 reps per set.

Finishing out with heavy bag routine, nonstop punching for 60 seconds until shoulders feel burned out.

If I'm feeling strong like I was last night, I may opt to throw in some tri's in which case I will update with that routine tonight.

Update: Shoulders/ Triceps

Conditioning program went smoothly tonight, no issues. I felt strong and aggressive, once again my arms and shoulders were both giving off that road map appearance, veins popping everywhere. The headaches seem to dissipate somewhat at night, however, throughout the day is very tough. I may just end up taking this at night on an empty stomach rather than twice a day. I'm giving myself a week to see if the headaches subside and then I'll make that determination. Apart from that - tonight's workout was perfect in every way. I even managed to throw in some tri's ,as I had some excess energy to burn off. I'm sure after a week or two, I'll see substantial results.

Tomorrow is abs and some light cardio. Will fill in the details tomorrow morning regarding that program.

Big_Tom(tk)

Big_Tom(tk)

Awards
  • Established
I'll be following along.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4:

I woke up early this morning at 5:30 and dosed the activate xtreme, and then went back to bed for an hour and a half. This seems to have alleviated the headaches somewhat. I normally took stims with them on an empty stomach, prior to fasted cardio and my head would kill me for the rest of the day. I think I found the best dosing scheme for myself, which requires waking up a little earlier to pop 2, then going back to sleep. In any event feel okay this morning, as I performed fasted cardio for 45 minutes.

Tonight is abs and I'll update that routine after my workout.

re: Update

4 Sets of pregnant ladies (my trainer calls it that)
reverse dumbbell crunches - 30lb dumbbell x 4 sets x 20 reps
hanging legs raises 4 sets x 20 reps
standard crunches 4 sets x 25 reps
Oblique kick outs 4 sets x 20 reps

All in all performed well and felt strong. I can't wait to see how AX performs at around the 2 week mark, since I've heard that is when it really starts to shine.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I have heard of some high intensity/high volume workouts but yours are quite insane!!

Are you saying you take stims at present also?

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have heard of some high intensity/high volume workouts but yours are quite insane!!

Are you saying you take stims at present also?
It only took me about a good 5 years to work up to that point lol. 2 years ago I struggled to even bench the bar. So I stopped worrying about looking good and lifting heavy weight just for the sake of it. I focused on lifting light weights, with my main focus being form. After about a period of 9 months everything just shot up dramatically. =) I run more of a conditioning program, than a standard bodybuilding program.

Re: Stims

Yes Robboe I usually take a fatburner/thermo 30 minutes after taking my first am dose of AX, then I'd go running (fasted).

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5:

Popped 2 pills at around 5:00 am and went back to sleep. Woke up at 6:45 am and took a dose of clenbutrx and performed fasted cardio for 45 minutes. I must say while on Activate Xtreme sleep is much deeper than usual, almost to the point that I'm tempted to stay in bed and skip cardio lol.

Tonight is legs. The day I least look forward to during the week. My trainer puts together a routine that is non-conventional, with the goal being to have me throw up at least 3 times in the first half hour. I will outline the program tonight, it usually lasts a little over an hour and a half.

Update: Legs

Besides throwing up afterwords, legs went smoothly. In fact I set PR's on all of the exercises.

4 sets of box jumps x 25 reps each set
Squats 4 sets x 20 reps each set
Weighted Step Ups on Platform 4 sets x 20 reps each set
Legs Extensions 4 sets x 20 reps each set
Lunges 4 sets x 15 reps each set

Even though I could barely walk this morning, I attempted to go running. Bad move. I only lasted 20 minutes.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7: Chest

Standard Bench: 5 sets pyramiding down, first set starting out with 15 reps.
Incline/Decline Bench: 5 sets again pyramiding down starting off with 15 reps
Cable Crossovers: 4 sets at 20 reps each
Finishing out with push-ups off stability ball...in the range of 20-25.

Notes from today: I'm starting to feel some strength increase, it's coming across in all of my workouts. Today I increased the weight on each exercise by 5-10lbs. I think around week two I'll get a good enough gauge of how well my free test is impacting athletic performance. So far so good -- can't wait to see what week 2 brings me.

H

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
Strength will keep coming, I have no doubt

How's the headaches? Hopefully not happening anymore.

Nice workouts

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strength will keep coming, I have no doubt

How's the headaches? Hopefully not happening anymore.

Nice workouts
I look forward to week two on AX. The headaches are gone. I think what was happening was that I'd take it first thing in the morning along with a stim, prior to fasted cardio. Now I set the alarm to go off a few hours earlier. I wake up pop two and go back to bed, get up 2 hours later, take clenbutrx and go running, so far that seems to be working perfectly for me.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 2 starts today!! Give it hell!!

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 2 starts today!! Give it hell!!
And so I shall. I sparred 6 rounds this morning, fasted (drank modern bcaa between rounds). I felt great and a little more agitated than normal. Aggression/anger isn't something I'm normally use to, especially when sparring, things could get out of control quickly lol. Walked away with a nice size welt on my eye, but all in all it was fun and my strength remains up.

Tonight is back and I'll update the routine afterwords.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
in for the motivational pic-hitomi tanaka would be nice, lol.:dunno:

anyways-subbed

sorry im late.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Worked back yesterday. My routine is outlined below:

Wide grip weighted pull-ups 4 sets x 15 to 20 reps
Narrow grip weighted pull-ups 4 sets x 12-20 reps
Barbell rows 4 sets 20 reps each
Lat pull-downs 4 sets 20 reps each
Dead-lifts 4 sets 15 reps each

In between each exercise I was jumping rope for a period of about a minute.

General thoughts: My workouts are either staying steady or I am breaking PR's. I'm not sure whether or not to attribute this to AX just yet, as my diet and routine are both planned out ahead of time. My strength in addition to my mood remains up, even on nights where I'm getting less sleep. Libido is hit and miss. Some days/nights I feel it more than others. When I leave the gym, I make sure I give 110%, leaving everything in the gym, so perhaps that lends itself to the hit and miss libido issue.

Speaking of motivation, I thought I'd put up my "before" photo so everyone can see where I'm starting at. After my AX cycle ends I will put up my after photo.

Attachments

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm officially into my second week on AX. So far I'm feeling great, in terms of mood and energy. Last night I worked shoulders and felt stronger than normal all the way through my entire routine. I look leaner or drier for lack of a better word.

Last nights routine is as follows;

Smith Machine Shoulder Presses 5 set 12-20 reps in a pyramid fashion.

Lateral Dumbbell raises on stability ball 4 sets at 20 reps per

Front Raises using 45lbs plate 4 sets at 20 reps per

Shrugs 6 sets at 15-25 per pyramid

Played basketball for 2 hours afterwords and sipped ModernBCAA throughout the game.

H

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
Seems like it's treating you good.

Game of hoops after a workout-Niiice

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was another basketball day. Today my trainer put me through something that I can only describe as something he made up in his head. It was a conditioning routine, working the entire body - from legs to chest and all the way to the back. Super-setting exercises, in any event I can't even recall the names of any of them, again I think he makes stuff up as he goes along, but it works.

The routine lasted a little over an hour, complete with bear crawls,lunges, balancing off one foot while lowering body to seated position and popping back up. Normally I make it through half a routine like this, today I made it all the way through and felt good enough to walk on an incline for about 30 minutes afterwords. My mood is really high. I think AX is having that type of immediate effect, since it's something I can pick up on. My strength remains up as well and so far I'm loving the enhanced motivated/aggressive effect that it's having on me. Libido for the past two days has been off the charts, but thank god for reruns of the Golden Girls! Anywhoo tomorrow morning is cardio and depending how I feel I may hit arms later that night. In summary AX has me feeling motivated, aggressive and positive towards my workouts, which is not something I'm use to feeling. I seem to be getting better recovery as well, as I'm sore the next day, but still able to get in quality workouts.

H

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like it's kickin' in!!!

I'm 50 days in and my strength just keeps going up, hope you see the same.

TheMatzah

TheMatzah

Awards
Damn I just google -->hitomi tanaka

Holy Shiaaat, the girl is gifted..She's got some healthy fun bags!

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: Yesterday was basketball and today fasted cardio. My libido is through the roof at the moment. My mood is also high, almost euphoric at times. Not sure if this is a byproduct of AX, but these are some things that I'm starting to notice. Also at the gym getting compliments on my physique and progress that I'm making with my conditioning program. I feel like AX is beginning to really kick in as my strength is also way up. Tomorrow is another cardio day. Conditioning program begins again Monday. I'll update Monday night.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
12/13/2010

Today was chest. I performed weighted push-ups for a total of 100 reps, on the half moon stability ball.

Cross over cables @ 4 sets with 20 reps per each set

Incline/Decline Bench with dumbbells - each exercise performed for a total of 4 sets each, at 20 reps per each set.

Dumbbell Flies @ 4 sets with 20 reps per each set

Finishing off with standard push-ups until failure.

Notes:Felt strong throughout the entire routine. Libido again has been off the charts, skin is oilier than usual and that feeling of aggressiveness is becoming apparent, as it's something I'm noticing as I'm working out. Tomorrow night is back, will post up routine tomorrow night.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
12/14/2010

Today was back and biceps. Routine is as follows;

barbell rows at 4 sets 10-15 reps each set (pyramid)
Wide Grip Pull ups 6 sets varying anywhere from 10-20 reps (until failure)
Narrow Grip Pull ups at 4 sets 10-15 reps per each set (pyramid until failure)
Lat Pull-downs at 4 sets 15 reps per set.
Lower back (used machine) 4 sets at 15-20 reps per each set

Biceps

Barbell curls at 4 sets 10-12 reps per set
Dumbell curls on incline 4 sets 10-12 reps per each set
Preacher curls 4 sets at 10-12 reps per each set
Resistance Bands (curls) under foot till burn out

Libido 10/10
Strength 10/10
Aggressiveness - ranges from 8-10/10 depending on my day.

Tomorrow is legs, will update accordingly.

W

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Looking good so far, I can't wait to try this and Triazole next year.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good so far, I can't wait to try this and Triazole next year.
Triazole offers so many benefits, coupled with a good conditioning program/diet, you'll achieve incredible results.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
12/15/2010- Cardio Day

Libido 10/10
Aggression 10/10
Motivation 10/10
Strength/Endurance 10/10

Notes: My diet is near perfect coupled with a revolving workout routine, with the addition of AX (on my second week), I'm noticing many of the attributes which I listed above, as they are becoming more and more prominent. So far so good...I know week three is supposed to be the week when AX starts to truly shine, I'm very much looking forward to next week.

12/16/2010- Shoulders/Triceps (Outline routine tonight)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update: Yesterday was basketball and today fasted cardio. My libido is through the roof at the moment. My mood is also high, almost euphoric at times. Not sure if this is a byproduct of AX, but these are some things that I'm starting to notice. Also at the gym getting compliments on my physique and progress that I'm making with my conditioning program. I feel like AX is beginning to really kick in as my strength is also way up. Tomorrow is another cardio day. Conditioning program begins again Monday. I'll update Monday night.
Anything more specific on this? I have been sitting on the fence to try the new version and would be interested in hearing something more concrete if possible?