APS Mesomorph Review/LOG (Sponsored)

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    nice work on the recovery.
    Thank you sir. It was not easy but I feel better than I did when I was 20 so it was worth it!

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Core strength is critical!!
    Totally agree!!!! Also is your hip flexabilty and hamstrings.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. Registered User

Thank you sir. It was not easy but I feel better than I did when I was 20 so it was worth it!
    wish i could say that, lol.

kidding aside props for getting back on the horse. a lot of people fall off once and never get back up again.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Thanks I'm gonna try some of those to help with the back, congrats on getting the back up and running 100%, I hope I can do the same!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

wish i could say that, lol.

kidding aside props for getting back on the horse. a lot of people fall off once and never get back up again.
    Thanks bro. I know a lot don't. That's just not me. I'm not good at losing. I do it often enough but I've never gotten used to it!

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Thanks I'm gonna try some of those to help with the back, congrats on getting the back up and running 100%, I hope I can do the same!
    Do it! Seriously. I used to do them every night as I was putting my daughter to bed. To the point where if I didn't lay there in her room doing them while she was going to sleep she would say "Aren't you going to do your exercises?". Gotta love kids!

O.K. So, I had a ****ty day at work which we all know mean it's time to go to the gym before I kill someone!

Backday. I've adjusted to the stim in Meso pretty much so I did a rounded scoop. Really rounded. LOL. Got me going and focused me in which I needed badly. Did my warmup elliptical run. JD, I like this for loosening the lower back preworkout. It really helps.

Some asshat decided to occupy my rack where I do deads and my pullups. So, I used and cable station for my pullups. In the meantime said asshat leaves and 2 "kids" grab my rack. So, I use the other rack and do some BB Bent Rows. Felt really good and strong. They got out of that rack just in time which is good because after my bad day it was really pissing me off that they were there. I have to give them credit though at least they were doing deads and not curling.

So after previously stating that I wasn't going to do deads I did them anyway because I was pissed and I find them exhausting and in that way relaxing. I hit a PR. Go figure. Nothing spectacular but for me it felt really good. I pulled 315. I was pretty happy and no longer pissed off at the world for my ****ty day. Thank you jackass client and Mesomorph for your combined efforts in helping me achieve a goal. Hahaha.

Upped my weights on DB Rows to 100's while I was feeling great. Hit all of my reps (9) on all 2 sets. Felt good through that too.

I decided to do a few curls yet but I was soooo worn out I struggled with 40's but I got my reps on incline curls with 35's.

Added in some hanging leg raises with "windshield wipers" to finish toasting myself and headed out happy!

The End.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Late loggin from Friday here. Crazy busy week and I was exhausted walking into the gym. Took about 1 1/2 scoops of Meso because I knew I was going to need some extra drive just to get through. Well, my legs are still killing me!

I ended up going lighter on squats and just doing more reps.

Squat 135x20,225x12x2,275x6,225x10

Superset with Bulgarian Split Squats with 35lb db's

Leg Extensions 150x15x5

Pump was crazy. Could barely walk out of the gym. I had to sit in my car for like 10 mins before I could drive because my legs were shaking. LOL. So, for a day I felt like **** Meso gave me some motivation I didn't really have. I'm usually very driven but on the occasion I'm not I love a supp that can get me back to normal.

I really want to try some Creatine Nitrate stacked with this. I'm liking this pump.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Late loggin from Friday here. Crazy busy week and I was exhausted walking into the gym. Took about 1 1/2 scoops of Meso because I knew I was going to need some extra drive just to get through. Well, my legs are still killing me!

I ended up going lighter on squats and just doing more reps.

Squat 135x20,225x12x2,275x6,225x10

Superset with Bulgarian Split Squats with 35lb db's

Leg Extensions 150x15x5

Pump was crazy. Could barely walk out of the gym. I had to sit in my car for like 10 mins before I could drive because my legs were shaking. LOL. So, for a day I felt like **** Meso gave me some motivation I didn't really have. I'm usually very driven but on the occasion I'm not I love a supp that can get me back to normal.

I really want to try some Creatine Nitrate stacked with this. I'm liking this pump.
    Wow nice! You know ya had a good leg workout when your legs are shaking

I'm excited to try Creatine Nitrate as well, the amount in Meso gives me crazy pumps, I can't imgaine, what stacking Creatine Nitrate will do!

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Wow nice! You know ya had a good leg workout when your legs are shaking

I'm excited to try Creatine Nitrate as well, the amount in Meso gives me crazy pumps, I can't imgaine, what stacking Creatine Nitrate will do!
    Yeah, it's those split squats. Those things kill me. They're not heavy but I nearly topple when I'm done with a set. Love that!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Has anyone else noticed a need to eh..."purge" within 30 mins? Thought it was just coincidence but I've been hitting the bathroom walking into the gym every night after I take this. No big deal just odd. Nothing else has done that to me.

Should have taken pics tonight. Crazy chest pump. My left shoulder has been bugging me so I decided to do something a little different tonight and preexhaust with some cable flies and then hit the bench light.

Cable flies 3x12 (forget what the weight was)
    Flat BB Bench 135x15,185x15,205x8,205x6,205x 6,205x7
    Incline DB Bench 75x8,75x6,75x7 Slow with static hold
    Flat DB Fly 55x10x3 super slow with a hold at the bottom and 30 sec stretch at the bottom of the last rep.

Straight bar tricep press 3x15 SS with Hanging leg raises w/windshield washers.

Crazy,crazy,crazy pump! My damn shirt doesn't fit right now. LOL. Great workout. Still loving this stuff.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Has anyone else noticed a need to eh..."purge" within 30 mins? Thought it was just coincidence but I've been hitting the bathroom walking into the gym every night after I take this. No big deal just odd. Nothing else has done that to me.

Should have taken pics tonight. Crazy chest pump. My left shoulder has been bugging me so I decided to do something a little different tonight and preexhaust with some cable flies and then hit the bench light.

Cable flies 3x12 (forget what the weight was)
    Flat BB Bench 135x15,185x15,205x8,205x6,205x 6,205x7
    Incline DB Bench 75x8,75x6,75x7 Slow with static hold
    Flat DB Fly 55x10x3 super slow with a hold at the bottom and 30 sec stretch at the bottom of the last rep.

Straight bar tricep press 3x15 SS with Hanging leg raises w/windshield washers.

Crazy,crazy,crazy pump! My damn shirt doesn't fit right now. LOL. Great workout. Still loving this stuff.
    Nice workout! Good to hear about the pumps I never had a problem with having to Purge 30min later tho lol

11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Nice workout! Good to hear about the pumps I never had a problem with having to Purge 30min later tho lol
    LOL. Could be non related but it seemed to consistent to be coincidence. Sorry I've been away a few days. Got sick. Still under a bit. Took the day off from the gym today. Going to rest out the weekend prior to my....CARDIO ONLY WEEK next week. UGH! It's that time and I'm gearing for a January cycle. My shoulder needs a rest badly. So, I might try the Meso for some cardio next week one day just out of curiosity as to what it does. I've honestly never used a preworkout for just cardio so it will be interesting as an experiment.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

LOL. Could be non related but it seemed to consistent to be coincidence. Sorry I've been away a few days. Got sick. Still under a bit. Took the day off from the gym today. Going to rest out the weekend prior to my....CARDIO ONLY WEEK next week. UGH! It's that time and I'm gearing for a January cycle. My shoulder needs a rest badly. So, I might try the Meso for some cardio next week one day just out of curiosity as to what it does. I've honestly never used a preworkout for just cardio so it will be interesting as an experiment.
    Really? I always use pre-workouts before cardio.....or should I say did damn caffeine break

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Really? I always use pre-workouts before cardio.....or should I say did damn caffeine break
    LOL. Really! I normally do cardio first thing am fasted with nothing. Maybe that's why I hate cardio so much?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

LOL. Really! I normally do cardio first thing am fasted with nothing. Maybe that's why I hate cardio so much?
    aha yes lol, I do fasted sometimes but when I do I still take a pre-workout before lol

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

aha yes lol, I do fasted sometimes but when I do I still take a pre-workout before lol
    LOL. Maybe I'll try that sometime. I've always been a little afraid of that on an empty stomach like that. In the spring I like to do a circuit of jump rope/squat thrust jumps and hill sprints in my back yard. I see me puking with a preworkout in my stomach @ 5am.
  16. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

I used to workout fasted and get the vomit urge but now when I do workout fasted I sip on a BCAA mix and havent had any problems
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  17. Registered User

if you want to try something different-try jumping rope for 3 minutes between sets. talk about conditioning-damn. 1st time i tried that on a fasted workout i puked.....
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

I do drink bcaa's during. It does help.

Yeah, jumping rope is exhausting. My daughter thinks it's hilarious that I do it. When I did that last spring I melted fat and fast.

Didn't do the Meso today. Just did cardio and abs and I'm still not feeling great but I had like 3 cups of coffee this morning so I didn't really need anything extra. I'll try it tomorrow.

Did 30 mins of HIIT on the variable elliptical runner. Weighted ab crunches. Hanging leg raises. Stability ball crunches. Planks side planks and hip raises.

Fun stuff!
  19. Registered User

I do drink bcaa's during. It does help.

Yeah, jumping rope is exhausting. My daughter thinks it's hilarious that I do it. When I did that last spring I melted fat and fast.

Didn't do the Meso today. Just did cardio and abs and I'm still not feeling great but I had like 3 cups of coffee this morning so I didn't really need anything extra. I'll try it tomorrow.

Did 30 mins of HIIT on the variable elliptical runner. Weighted ab crunches. Hanging leg raises. Stability ball crunches. Planks side planks and hip raises.

Fun stuff!
    i like that routine-now next time jump rope for 3 minutes between them. i do that on occassion when i make it to gym early when no one is there, i jump rope between changing machines for full body workout-i usually give up the rope after 3 machines, lol.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

i like that routine-now next time jump rope for 3 minutes between them. i do that on occassion when i make it to gym early when no one is there, i jump rope between changing machines for full body workout-i usually give up the rope after 3 machines, lol.
    LOL. I'll have to try that this week sometime. Yeah, that's exhausting.
  21. Registered User

LOL. I'll have to try that this week sometime. Yeah, that's exhausting.
    it's too much for me. seriously though if i were young and trying to get in best shape possible, that is what i would do. at my age i am fearful a 911 call would be involved.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

it's too much for me. seriously though if i were young and trying to get in best shape possible, that is what i would do. at my age i am fearful a 911 call would be involved.
    Yeah seriously. A 38 year old guy dropped dead on a treadmill in my gym last week. Right next to his wife.
  23. Registered User

Yeah seriously. A 38 year old guy dropped dead on a treadmill in my gym last week. Right next to his wife.
    damn. not kidding the rope in between sets is rigorous stuff. i climbstairs wearing ankle weights and the rope kicks my ass.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Still taking the week off from lifting. Elbow tendonitis is killing me. My whole elbow turns red throughout the day.

HIIT Elliptical for 30 mins.
    Rolling Planks (Side,center,side=1 set) 6 sets of 10sec each
    Medicine Ball woodchoppers <Those things kick my ass.
    Didn't do the Meso again today because I drank too damn much coffee. Friday...promise!

Hopefully my elbow calms the F down by then.
  25. Registered User

Still taking the week off from lifting. Elbow tendonitis is killing me. My whole elbow turns red throughout the day.

HIIT Elliptical for 30 mins.
    Rolling Planks (Side,center,side=1 set) 6 sets of 10sec each
    Medicine Ball woodchoppers <Those things kick my ass.
    Didn't do the Meso again today because I drank too damn much coffee. Friday...promise!

Hopefully my elbow calms the F down by then.
    maybe you should see about a cortisone shot. i got one years ago for severe tennis elbow-in 2 days it was gone, and hasn't came back.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

maybe you should see about a cortisone shot. i got one years ago for severe tennis elbow-in 2 days it was gone, and hasn't came back.
    If it stays bad I'll check into it. Thanks for the suggestion. Hasn't happened in almost 2 years. Tends to happen if I do Skull crushers for a while. I've been getting away with it but apparently I went too long. LOL.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I got a cortisone shot in my left shoulder just over a year ago, it didn't seem to help much, I still had pain and it took 2 more months of strengthening before it felt good enough to start working out hard again. I still get pain in my shoulder sometimes, I can be working out with no pain then all of a sudden it feels like I can't make an overhead press motion, then 5min later it feels ok again, the body is more complicated then a woman lol.

28. Registered User

I got a cortisone shot in my left shoulder just over a year ago, it didn't seem to help much, I still had pain and it took 2 more months of strengthening before it felt good enough to start working out hard again. I still get pain in my shoulder sometimes, I can be working out with no pain then all of a sudden it feels like I can't make an overhead press motion, then 5min later it feels ok again, the body is more complicated then a woman lol.
    i have heard it depends greatly on how good the ortho giving the shot is. my ortho asked me where it hurt and put his finger right on the spot. it was pure magic.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

i have heard it depends greatly on how good the ortho giving the shot is. my ortho asked me where it hurt and put his finger right on the spot. it was pure magic.
    Did I mention how crappy the Canada health care system is ? lol

I know it's free.....and you get what you payed for lol

30. Registered User

Did I mention how crappy the Canada health care system is ? lol

I know it's free.....and you get what you payed for lol
    well, you know how high the unemployment rate is here? well the 1st thing they do when they lay you off is drop insurance coverage. i pray i am never in that position. there are millions of uninsured americans-and trust me without insurance or a lot of money american health care REALLY SUCKS!!!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

well, you know how high the unemployment rate is here? well the 1st thing they do when they lay you off is drop insurance coverage. i pray i am never in that position. there are millions of uninsured americans-and trust me without insurance or a lot of money american health care REALLY SUCKS!!!
    Very true!

32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

LOL. Both true. I have it but mine costs me over $1500 a month. Bastards...
  33. Registered User

LOL. Both true. I have it but mine costs me over $1500 a month. Bastards...
    WHAT?Your health ins cost $1500?
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by more knowledge View Post
    WHAT?Your health ins cost $1500?
    Yep...with a $2500 deductible. My wife has bipolar disorder so I've not too many options. Pre-existing conditions = no coverage. The policy I have is a no questions asked policy but it costs a fortune.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

I'm taking a couple of weeks off of preworkouts and starting an EPI cycle next week so I figured I'd give my final review of the Mesomorph. First of all I'd like to thank JD and APS once again for allowing me to log this product.

Taste: 7/10
    I like it. Reminds me of the original N2KTS flavor. I would have probably given it 10/10 before the new grape N2KTS came out. That stuff tastes like kool aid.

Mixability: 9/10 Mixes really well. Some minor settling if I didn't knock it back quick. I mixed it in a glass with a fork.

Energy: 10/10 Anyone following this log knows this stuff stimmed me up and good! I seemed to get used to it but only to the point that I could handle a full round scoop. It never lost it's effectiveness in a month of using it.

Pump: 10/10 Honestly some of the best pumps I think I've ever had. From reading the logs of APS's creatine nitrate product I have to assume that's what gets the credit for the pump in the mesomorph. It's a ton of fun to get a pump that good out of a workout. Hell, even my shoulders got pumped.

Strength 10/10 As good a strength gain as I've experienced from any preworkout. No better than any of the other really good ones but right there with the best I've tried. Most people will find some PR's using Meso regularly.

Overall, this is a great product! Mesomorph and N2KTS are now my standard preworkouts. Nothing else I've used is in the game. Meso gets the nod in the pump dept for sure.

I look forward to trying more APS products in the future.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I'm taking a couple of weeks off of preworkouts and starting an EPI cycle next week so I figured I'd give my final review of the Mesomorph. First of all I'd like to thank JD and APS once again for allowing me to log this product.

Taste: 7/10
    I like it. Reminds me of the original N2KTS flavor. I would have probably given it 10/10 before the new grape N2KTS came out. That stuff tastes like kool aid.

Mixability: 9/10 Mixes really well. Some minor settling if I didn't knock it back quick. I mixed it in a glass with a fork.

Energy: 10/10 Anyone following this log knows this stuff stimmed me up and good! I seemed to get used to it but only to the point that I could handle a full round scoop. It never lost it's effectiveness in a month of using it.

Pump: 10/10 Honestly some of the best pumps I think I've ever had. From reading the logs of APS's creatine nitrate product I have to assume that's what gets the credit for the pump in the mesomorph. It's a ton of fun to get a pump that good out of a workout. Hell, even my shoulders got pumped.

Strength 10/10 As good a strength gain as I've experienced from any preworkout. No better than any of the other really good ones but right there with the best I've tried. Most people will find some PR's using Meso regularly.

Overall, this is a great product! Mesomorph and N2KTS are now my standard preworkouts. Nothing else I've used is in the game. Meso gets the nod in the pump dept for sure.

I look forward to trying more APS products in the future.
    Great review!

Thanks for taking the time to log it for us bro! It was an awesome log and one hell of ride!

37. Registered User

nice job, rahl.

good luck on the epi cycle.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 160
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
  2. APS is Making Me a Mesomorph (sponsored)
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 10:38 PM
  3. My APS Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph log (Sponsored)
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 11:42 PM
  4. From Endo to Mesomorph (Sponsored APS Weekly Reviews)
    By Resolve in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
  5. APS Mesomorph in the Morning (sponsored)
    By Milas in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 03:15 PM