SouthPaw Strikes Back: Various Supp Reviews

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wanted to put together a string of various logs/reviews (all non-sponsored) in the upcoming weeks and months, regarding many of what I consider to be staple products. I will make every attempt to include both progress pictures and trainings videos (when possible).

I play a wide variety of sports including football,basketball, boxing and everything in between. I don't follow a traditional bodybuilding program, although I do incorporate many of the same principles. I lift moderately heavy with a low rep count/multiple sets for each body part. In addition to some crazy stuff that I think my trainer makes up as he goes along, but at the very least I'm never bored.

My normal weight is in the neighborhood of 165lbs (have no desire to be huge), depending on what I'm involved in at the time - I can comfortably bounce and back forth between 150-165 lbs. Each workout/ conditioning program is unique and ran for a period of 90 days. My diet is planned ahead for those 90 days in conjunction with my supplementation routine (pictured below).

I'll update as often as I can, with respect to each product pictured below, and promise to provide honest feedback regarding each. Hopefully this log/journal can help others when deciding what product or products could presumably bring about the best results. I welcome any and all advice and/or criticisms. I'm here to learn as much as possible and in the process share what I feel has worked for me.

First up on the list is Driven Sports Triazole

Attachments

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Driven Sports Triazole

I've been insulin resistant since my early teens, officially diagnosed with the condition a few years back by my Endo. As a consequence my test levels have always been in the low normal range with high estro levels, which brings me to my first review of Triazole. Triazole is my first foray into natty boosters. I'm running Triazole for a period of 8 weeks, of which I'm currently at the end of week 6. This is by far the best supplement that I've ever used...period, for a litany of reasons, which I will explain here:

Strength: I had reached a plateau prior to Triazole, however, it now seems as if every workout is better than the last. Lifts have increased on average by at least 15-20lbs on each body part within a 6 week span.

Mood: I've heard others mention this and I think it bears repeating. Mood is way up, which is especially impressive while on a cutting/restrictive diet. Sleep which has always been an issue for me, has also drastically improved with Triazole. I fall asleep much faster and deeper than normal. I wake up feeling alert/happy/motivated, which I wasn't experiencing prior to Triazole.

Libido: This varies depending on the day, some days are great, while others not so much. It's hard to attribute anything like this to Triazole, especially with the stresses of work and putting your body through hell 6-7 days a week. But thank god for 8th street Lat...never mind.

Weight Loss: I'll post a pic up later in the day, in order to add some perspective. Triazole has really helped to lean me out in a short period of time, with an additional 4 weeks left to go on my current training program, I'm sure the results will be even more evident.

In summary, I can say unequivocally that Triazole is the best supplement that I've ever invested in. It offers so many tangible benefits that stretches from general well being, all the way to enhancing athletic performance. In fact I'm loving Triazole so much, that I wish it wasn't something that necessitated cycling.

Next up is my review of APS Nutrition's preworkout formula Mesomorph....

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NICE lookin stack!

Looking forward to all your reviews:D

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks brother. I have it all planned out from pre to post. I'll be killing legs tonight, in addition to sparring for 6 rounds ( 3 minutes per round), with the help of Meso of course.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
sweet review of Triazole.... wanna pop my bottle open sooner now because of it :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks brother. I have it all planned out from pre to post. I'll be killing legs tonight, in addition to sparring for 6 rounds ( 3 minutes per round), with the help of Meso of course.
Nice!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice review of Triazole. I'm looking forward to the other reviews.
How did you dose the Triazole?
Thanks for the kind words. I took 2 pills in the am (empty stomach - not necessary I suppose) and 2 at night.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The next batter up on the list is APS Nutrition's preworkout formula Mesomorph (pictured below). Along with Mesomorph, you'll also notice two intra formulas - VPX Powershock and USP Labs Modern BCAA's, along with a recovery aid - VPX Synthesize. I'll review these in order of use. But for now first up is Mesomorph.

I think it's important to draw comparisons between products in the same category, so users get a feel for what may work best for them. In the past I've taken Jack3d, Maximized V2 (both pictured above), ASGT, VPX NO Shotgun and 1MR, and a few others not worth mentioning. While all of the products listed above provided energy via stimulants. I hadn't really noticed much change in body composition, although I did enjoy Maximize V2 as the energy is out of this world. The products listed above are all quality products, however, once I tried Mesomorph I knew I was looking an entirely different animal altogether. When shopping the market for these types of products, it's important to not only look at the ingredient profile, but to pay close attention to the label and make sure that the ingredients are dosed correctly. In this case Mesomorph contains Creatine Nitrate, Citrulline Malate 2:1, Agmatine, Icariin 50 and a potent mix of stims. This product is far and away my favorite preworkout formula. After trying it for a month, I immediately placed an order for two more tubs last week. The following attributes are the most impressive I've experienced in a preworkout thus far:

Energy: The energy from Meso is strong and smooth, building as you workout and sustaining itself to a point where sometimes I find myself looking for other things to do in the gym, after I've completed my initial workout.

Pump: Nothing comes close to this product. Creatine Nitrate has my veins popping out everywhere. This is something which I've never experienced with any preworkout before.

Motivation: My motivation while using this preworkout is sky-high. Even when my workout is complete, I almost have to force myself to leave the gym.

Focus: Pure tunnel vision in addition to some mild to moderate aggression.

Would I recommend this product? Not only would I recommend this product, I'd declare that it's the far and away the best preworkout formula that I've ever tried.

Next up on my list of reviews are two Intra-workout formulas - VPX Powershock and USP Labs Modern BCAAS.

Attachments

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The next batter up on the list is APS Nutrition's preworkout formula Mesomorph (pictured below). Along with Mesomorph, you'll also notice two intra formulas - VPX Powershock and USP Labs Modern BCAA's, along with a recovery aid - VPX Synthesize. I'll review these in order of use. But for now first up is Mesomorph.

I think it's important to draw comparisons between products in the same category, so users get a feel for what may work best for them. In the past I've taken Jack3d, Maximized V2 (both pictured above), ASGT, VPX NO Shotgun and 1MR, and a few others not worth mentioning. While all of the products listed above provided energy via stimulants. I hadn't really noticed much change in body composition, although I did enjoy Maximize V2 as the energy is out of this world. The products listed above are all quality products, however, once I tried Mesomorph I knew I was looking an entirely different animal altogether. When shopping the market for these types of products, it's important to not only look at the ingredient profile, but to pay close attention to the label and make sure that the ingredients are dosed correctly. In this case Mesomorph contains Creatine Nitrate, Citrulline Malate 2:1, Agmatine, Icariin 50 and a potent mix of stims. This product is far and away my favorite preworkout formula. After trying it for a month, I immediately placed an order for two more last week. The following attributes are the most impressive I've experience in a preworkout thus far:

Energy: The energy from Meso is strong and smooth, building as you workout and sustaining itself to a point where sometimes I find myself looking for other things to do in the gym.

Pump: Nothing comes close to this product. Creatine Nitrate has my veins popping out everywhere. This is something which I've never experienced with any preworkout before.

Motivation: My motivation while using this preworkout is sky-high. Even when my workout is complete, I almost have to force myself to leave the gym.

Focus: Pure tunnel vision in addition to some mild to moderate aggression.

Would I recommend this product? Not only would I recommend this product, I declare it's the best preworkout that I've ever tried.
Great to hear buddy!!! I think everyone is gonna love this stuff.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Great reviews, Southpaw! I definitely appreciate your attention to detail and thoroughness.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks a lot man. I appreciate the comments. Stick around I have a lot more products to review, some of which are not pictured above.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot man. I appreciate the comments. Stick around I have a lot more products to review, some of which are not pictured above.
Good deal, bro. Is that "Banana Perfection" flavored Myofusion I see hiding in the back?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good deal, bro. Is that "Banana Perfection" flavored Myofusion I see hiding in the back?
It is and it's pretty good, however, right next to it is the Dymatize Elite 7 Fusion Banana flavor, it's the best tasting banana flavored protein I've ever had. I highly recommend giving it a go. It's a blend consisting of 7 different sources of protein.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
It is and it's pretty good, however, right next to it is the Dymatize Elite 7 Fusion Banana flavor, it's the best tasting banana flavored protein I've ever had. I highly recommend giving it a go. It's a blend consisting of 7 different types of protein.
Awesome. I'm a big fan of Dymatize's protein powders and have had my eye on the "7 Fusion" series since it was released. I'm also a big fan of banana flavoring, so it sounds like a win-win!

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Driven Sports Triazole

I've been insulin resistant since my early teens, officially diagnosed with the condition a few years back by my Endo. As a consequence my test levels have always been in the low normal range with high estro levels, which brings me to my first review of Triazole. Triazole is my first foray into natty boosters. I'm running Triazole for period of 8 weeks, of which I'm currently at the end of week 6. This is by far the best supplement that I've ever used...period, for a litany of reasons, which I will explain here:

Strength: I had reached a plateau prior to Triazole, however, it now seems as if every workout is better than the last. Lifts have increased on average by at least 15-20lbs on each body part within a 6 week span.

Mood: I've heard others mention this and I think it bears repeating. Mood is way up, which is especially impressive while on a cutting/restrictive diet. Sleep which has always been an issue for me, has also drastically improved with Triazole. I fall asleep much faster and deeper than normal. I wake up feeling alert/happy/motivated, which I wasn't experiencing prior to Triazole.

Libido: This varies depending on the day, some days are great, while others not so much. It's hard to attribute anything like this to Triazole, especially with the stresses of work and putting your body through hell 6-7 days a week. But thank god for 8th street Lat...never mind.

Weight Loss: I'll post a pic up later in the day, in order to add some perspective. Triazole has really helped to lean me out in a short period of time, with an additional 4 weeks left to go on my current training program, I'm sure the results will be even more evident.

In summary, I can say unequivocally that Triazole is the best supplement that I've ever invested in. It offers so many tangible benefits that stretches from general well being, all the way to enhancing athletic performance. In fact I'm loving Triazole so much, that I wish it wasn't something that necessitated cycling.
Awesome!

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Driven Sports Triazole

I've been insulin resistant since my early teens, officially diagnosed with the condition a few years back by my Endo. As a consequence my test levels have always been in the low normal range with high estro levels, which brings me to my first review of Triazole. Triazole is my first foray into natty boosters. I'm running Triazole for period of 8 weeks, of which I'm currently at the end of week 6. This is by far the best supplement that I've ever used...period, for a litany of reasons, which I will explain here:

That says it all. Awesome review, thanks for taking the time out to do it.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Next in line for reviews are two intra-workout products --- VPX Power Shock and ModernBCAA's, both of which are also pictured above.

VPX Power Shock: This is a prop blend which focuses on BCAA Nitrates, which supposedly encourages a greater vasodilatory effect. I did notice a mild pump (nothing to write home about) and couldn't properly gauge the recovery aspect of the product, until I began using ModernBCAA, which offered me something to compare it to - - -which leads me to my next review of ModernBCAA.

ModernBCAA is an 8:1:1 bcaa blend rich in Leucine. I must say that this product greatly increased my recovery. I did not notice similar benefits with VPX Power Shock. I was less sore the next day when using ModernBCAA, and in most cases completely free of soreness after a period of 48 hours. To add some perspective, after working out legs I'd need at least 3-4 days to recover. With the addition of ModernBCAA to my supplementation stack, not only was I less sore the next day, but I was able to run without issue; which I was never able to do prior to using ModernBCAA. I highly recommend giving ModernBCAA a try. The recovery aspect of this product is tremendous and it has now become a staple product of mine.

Next up on the list for review are two post workout products --- VPX Synthesize (pictured above) and Universal's Torrent Zero.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That says it all. Awesome review, thanks for taking the time out to do it.
Anytime and keep striving to create products based on scientific research that actually work! You proved it to me with Triazole and as a consequence you now have a customer for life.

more knowledge

Awards
  • Established
It is and it's pretty good, however, right next to it is the Dymatize Elite 7 Fusion Banana flavor, it's the best tasting banana flavored protein I've ever had. I highly recommend giving it a go. It's a blend consisting of 7 different sources of protein.
Sounds very versitile.Question,how is the banana taste compared to syntha 6?I thought they really nailed that one and i love banana flavored anything.Sadly until syntha 6 i thought banana prot powders were all missing the mark so hopefully i have another to throw into the mix.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds very versitile.Question,how is the banana taste compared to syntha 6?I thought they really nailed that one and i love banana flavored anything.Sadly until syntha 6 i thought banana prot powders were all missing the mark so hopefully i have another to throw into the mix.
Thanks brother. Having tried both Syntha-6 and Elite Fusion, I think Dymatize nailed it on this one.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Next in line for review are two post workout recovery products, in Universal Torrent Zero and VPX Synthesize. Synthesize is also pictured above.

Both products are formulated in similar fashion, for those wishing to limit carbs post workout, as such you won't find any in either other product. First up -- Universal Torrent Zero.

Universal Torrent Zero is prop blend with ingredients designed to create an insulin spike, in conjunction with 20 grams of whey protein hydrolysates and various forms of creatine, including creatine magnapower. It's a solid product, however, I felt more of a recovery effect from VPX Synthesize.

VPX Synthesize consists of a similar prop profile, utilizing peptopro and various forms of creatine. I could immediately feel the impact of the insulin spike when using this product (I tend to get hypo). I felt pumped for a few hours post workout and DOMS are almost non-existent the following day. Gains have been lean and dry. I highly recommend VPX Synthesize as a post workout formula, especially for those looking for lean gains and/or on a cutting diet.

Next up on the list are a few fatburner/thermo products, namely VPX Liquid Clenbutrx, USP OEP, BSN Endoburn, and a newcomer namely APS White Lightening.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice log brotha'
Thank you sir. Last week was quite busy, due to the holidays, but I didn't want to let these reviews drop off. I think they're important when it comes to helping others make informed choices. I've already covered one natty booster in Triazole, in addition to Mesomorph (PWO), intras and post-workout products. I'm going to cover a few products that I've used in the past, in addition to a few that I'm currently playing around with. Fatburners for many are usually hit and miss. While many of them provide energy via stims, they usually never quite live up to their billing when it comes to shedding excess weight. I will review some of the more popular thermos on the market, in addition to some newcomers in this category.

USP OEP: This is a product that I really was looking forward to using, as I'd heard some great things about it regarding fatloss. I used it as a precardio aid, as I do with all thermo/fatburner products. I did experience a strong stim effect which I enjoyed, especially while I was on a restrictive diet and moreover when I performed fasted cardio sessions. I must say that after 30 days of use, I did not notice anything substantial in the way of fatloss and/or body composition. I simply chalk it up to being a non-responder, as I'm sure it's worked quite well for many people. As a stim it's not the most intense, but it does it's job fairly well in that department.

BSN Endoburn: This product is an enigma to me. I've used it on some days and felt incredible, while other days had me crashing. On the days when I did feel great on it, I experienced some of the best cardio sessions that I've ever had. On the days when I crashed hard...not so much. The stim effect is incredible, as it's very intense yet smooth. I didn't notice any substantial loss of bodyfat, while using this product, however, I felt I performed better during my fasted cardio sessions.

APS White Lightening: Having used only two samples, which I'd received about a week ago, all I can say is wow. Not only is it intense and smooth, but as a precardio aid I might have to rank this one at the top. Granted it's still to early to tell just how it will all play out, but I definitely plan on running this product for the next 30 days and reporting back in greater detail, with respect to fat-loss and product consistency. This is definitely one to look out for.

VPX Clenbutrx: VPX Clenbutrx flat out works. Has me sweating up a storm and has really helped in terms of fatloss/recomp. The energy is also incredible and used as a precardio aid it definitely elevates performance. The downside of using clenbutrx is the taste. It tastes like something unearthly, or something you'd dig out of the earth and then put into your mouth, in fact it actually tastes worse than that. But if you're looking for something effective when it comes to losing fat, you can't go wrong with Clenbutrx. It's the best pure fat-loss product that I've ever used.

Next up for review are protein blend powders, namely Myofusion Banana Perfection vs Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 Banana Smoothie.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on White Lightning!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on White Lightning!
Coincidentally white lightening is also my adult entertainment name. You may have seen me in such hits as ..."When Harry met Sally's V..." never mind.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you would like to log a full bottle of White Lightning send me your addy, also if you would like to run something else with it let me know and I'll hook you up with that as well:)

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i like this man, just found it but i would love to see more reviews,

agreed on clenbutrex that stuff doesnt play around!

i really cant wait to try mesomorph, but damn its spendy...(

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i like this man, just found it but i would love to see more reviews,

agreed on clenbutrex that stuff doesnt play around!

i really cant wait to try mesomorph, but damn its spendy...(
Only $25 a bottle if you get the bogo deal, bogo is only to anabolicminds members, this deal will be available untill Jan!

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
umm whats the code? where are we buying these.... i have 3 bottles of maximize but thats not bad but still steep for what i usually like to pay, but im a cheap ass but truely do understand that the price is justified by the ingredients in it :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
umm whats the code? where are we buying these.... i have 3 bottles of maximize but thats not bad but still steep for what i usually like to pay, but im a cheap ass but truely do understand that the price is justified by the ingredients in it :)
PM sent!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
any samples sent?
Any samples sent?? if your asking for a sample you can pm me lol

I don't want people to start asking me for samples in peoples logs and reviews, just pm me if anyone has any questions.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any samples sent?? if your asking for a sample you can pm me lol

I don't want people to start asking me for samples in peoples logs and reviews, just pm me if anyone has any questions.
Judge no worries man, if they ask in any thread of mine it's all good. These threads aren't about me, just hoping to help a few people make some good choices.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gaspari Myofusion vs Dymatize Elite Fusion 7

Both of these products are blended proteins, with the focus being on taste, in line with products like Syntha-6 within the same category. Gaspari Myofusion's Banana Perfection is a good tasting protein, it's thick and allows you to feel full for about 2-2.5 hours, which is perfect for those of us who eat every 2.5 hours. One scoop/serving offers 25 grams of protein and is definitely a good value. On some days however, Myofusion is rough on my stomach and I've heard others mention this is as well. In terms of taste, it's very good.

Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 is without a doubt the best tasting protein I've ever had, even better than Syntha-6 in my opinion. Again the flavor I have is Banana and it tastes infinitely better than Myofusion. It's also enhanced with added free form BCAA's which is a nice addition. It's easy on my stomach and did I mention the taste? You won't go wrong selecting this product, especially if you love banana flavored protein powders. It's definitely my number one protein source.

I have a list of products that I'm currently using, that I plan to run reviews on. I will keep this thread going for as long as possible to include most if not all of them. Here are a few that I plan to review in the coming weeks.

1) USP SuperCissus RX (10% extract)
2) PrimaForce Cissus (20% extract)
3) APS Testatropin VS (in a few months)
4) In a separate log APS' White Lightening Fat burner, beginning in the next day or so.
5) LG Science BCAA 4:1:1 Rasberry/Strawberry

Among a slew of others, that I will provide pics for shortly. Again these logs are important for comparison purposes, not simply to pimp a product or company, but to help others make informed choices. Hopefully it helps.

TheMatzah

TheMatzah

Awards
Next in line for reviews are two intra-workout products --- VPX Power Shock and ModernBCAA's, both of which are also pictured above.

VPX Power Shock: This is a prop blend which focuses on BCAA Nitrates, which supposedly encourages a greater vasodilatory effect. I did notice a mild pump (nothing to write home about) and couldn't properly gauge the recovery aspect of the product, until I began using ModernBCAA, which offered me something to compare it to - - -which leads me to my next review of ModernBCAA.

ModernBCAA is an 8:1:1 bcaa blend rich in Leucine. I must say that this product greatly increased my recovery. I did not notice similar benefits with VPX Power Shock. I was less sore the next day when using ModernBCAA, and in most cases completely free of soreness after a period of 48 hours. To add some perspective, after working out legs I'd need at least 3-4 days to recover. With the addition of ModernBCAA to my supplementation stack, not only was I less sore the next day, but I was able to run without issue; which I was never able to do prior to using ModernBCAA. I highly recommend giving ModernBCAA a try. The recovery aspect of this product is tremendous and it has now become a staple product of mine.

Next up on the list for review are two post workout products --- VPX Synthesize (pictured above) and Universal's Torrent Zero.
How's the BCAA usp working?