Bludevil's LG SubSterone run (sponsored)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
First I would like to thank LG for the opportunity to run SubSterone and share my feelings/reviews of the supp with others.

For those not familiar, with SubSterone, here's the breakdown

The Writeup:Ecdysterone has been the subject of much debate and controversy in it's 15 year existence. Many ecdysterone products have come and gone with mixed results. There is one thing that is proven though, when given to animals and even people in the right way, ecdysterone increases strength, size and muscle.

The Ecdysterone Scandal!
Most ecdysterone doesn't work. Quality is the reason! Ron Kramer first brought this to my attention and it was pretty amazing once I dug into it. Real, good quality ecdysterone is hard to come by and very expensive and I know enough now to use the good stuff.
The Chinese like to play games with testing protocols. They sell Ecdysterone 90% UV tested and pass it off as a quality product. Unfortunately UV testing is very crude and could be giving you only 10-20% of the active ingredient. What you really need is Ecdysterone 80-90% HPLC. HPLC is a testing method that actually tests for the single ecdysterone ingredient.
So, since most people are using the UV tested crap, taking even a gram of ecdysterone isn't going to do you any good.

What Kind Of Gains Can I Expect From Sub Sterone?
Well to be 100% honest, that depends on how you eat and your age. For younger guys, it seems to have a greater effect.For us older guys, it seems to help lean us out and increase strength. You need to make sure you have a high protein intake with this product either way, since it helps to increase protein synthesis.
Sub Sterone stacks great with prosteriods, anabolic steroids and prohormones because it helps increase the activity of steroid molecules by speeding up messenger RNA. This is the stuff that tells muscles to build more protein, so you want to stack it with androgens like our Methyl 1-D or at least a very good test booster like our Formadrol (plug) or a natural anabolic like our Natadrol.
Sub Sterone will make you denser than ever before. It will increase strength and should help you pack on the size (especially if you are under 25).

Training
Monday - GVT type program (5x5 upper body), 1.5 hours of basketball
Tuesday - P90X class
Wed - Muscle Pump class
Thursday - Hypertrophy full body type training (3x10-15)
Friday - 1.5 hours of bball
Sat - off
Sun - off

Diet
I just got off a semi-diet so I'm really not interested in continuing to diet over the upcoming holidays. I'd like to keep it at a recomp/lean bulk diet.
Monday - Friday will be kept fairly clean.
Breakfast - Protein shake, 1/2 cucumber, apple
Lunch - Protein, veggies, fruit
Post Workout - Protein, veggies, fruit
Dinner - Protein, veggies
Night - Greek Yogurt with PB

Cheating will be allowed on Sat & Sun

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Details
Age - 37
Height - 6'0
Weight - 193
BF % - 10.9

Measurements (took by my wife)
Neck – 15 1/2
Right Arm – 15 13/16
Chest – 39 3/4
Waist – 34 3/4
Hips – 35 1/8
Right Thigh – 23 1/4

Pic's taken on 11/3

My overall goal for this run is to basically stay below 11-12% BF, 193lbs and increase strength.

For beginning to end comparisons on strength, here is my beginning stats:
BB Bench Press - 245 for 5x5
DL - 310 for 5x5
Skull Crushers - 110 for 5x5
BB Curls - 110 for 5x5

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 2 - Day 1
Sub Sterone - 6 sprays pre w/o & night

The only other supplements I'm taking are fish oil, multi, protein shakes. I want to keep this run as basic as possible to get a true assessment of Sub Sterone.

Workout - I planned on doing a P90X type class today but had a meeting at work run over. So I just hit the treadmill for 35 minutes. Did interval training with low speed being 4.0 with incline of 2.0 and high speed being 9.5 with 2.0 incline. I can't remember how many calories were burned but was above 500.

Diet Morning - Protein shake, 1/2 cucumber, small apple
Lunch - Grilled Chicken, 1/2 cucumber, plum, fish oil
Post W/O - Homemade spagetti with wheat noodles, apple
Dinner - hamburger, veggies
Night - non-fat Greek Yogurt mixed with natty pb and cinnamon

Notes - Didn't really notice anything after the 6 sprays pre training, but didn't really expect to after the 1st dose. Taste was good. Definately easy to swish around and swallow. It's not one of those supp's that you almost have to gag to get down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For some reason seeing Subbed in this thread makes me laugh, Blu is the one really getting SUB'd... So instead I will just follow along.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
MrKleen, have a question for you. Do you think it would be beneficial to stack an AI with SubSterone. Just wondering cause I have some Erase lying around and thought about running it along with SubSterone to help with the recomp/lean bulk effects I'm looking for.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MrKleen, have a question for you. Do you think it would be beneficial to stack an AI with SubSterone. Just wondering cause I have some Erase lying around and thought about running it along with SubSterone to help with the recomp/lean bulk effects I'm looking for.
I don't know that the Erase will have any specific, synchronious effect with SubSterone. It really shouldn't :think: but I personally enjoy stacking for the sake of maximal efficacy. Howeer, the downfall of mixing a first time supp trial within a stack is you can't tell whats really doing what. Unless you've done Erase a few times and are very familiar with the effects of Erase on your physiology and performance.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I don't know that the Erase will have any specific, synchronious effect with SubSterone. It really shouldn't :think: but I personally enjoy stacking for the sake of maximal efficacy. Howeer, the downfall of mixing a first time supp trial within a stack is you can't tell whats really doing what. Unless you've done Erase a few times and are very familiar with the effects of Erase on your physiology and performance.
In, fir shir!

I agree with Volcom. You won't really be able to disect what supplement is doing what by stacking. Im sure LG would want it run solo BD. I'll let the big dawg chime in for verification.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you guys are right. Solo it is. It might be different if I've ran Erase before and could differentiate the differences between the two effect wise.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 3 - Day 2

Workout - Some of you know that my company offers a fitness center to workout so I usually do my training during my lunch hour. Today we had a retirement party for one of my co-workers over lunch, so I had to miss my muscle pump class. But I did make it to the gym for a quick 30 minute workout after lunch.

Leg Press superset with Leg extensions 3x10
DB Chest Press superset Lat Pulldowns 3x10
DB Overhead Tri Press superset with concentration curls 3x10
Shoulder Press superset with decline situps 3x10 for shouders and 3x25 for situps
60 second rest between supersets.

Can't remember the numbers. Since I was short on time I didn't write anything down, just went as quick as possible.

Diet
Morning - Protein shake, 1/2 cucumber, small apple
Lunch - Taco Salad (healthiest thing at rest. we went too for retirement party)
Post W/O - Grilled Chicken Salad
Dinner - Vegetable Beef Soup, orange, 2 oatmeal raisin cookies

Notes - The one thing I definately noticed today was I was more vascular in the shoulder area. The veins were really prominent and popping out today. For me, it's still too early to say this has anything to do with SubSterone, but I'll definately be watching this over the next few days to see if it continues.
Also, got a chance to post my pics today. There on the 2nd post.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 4 - Day 3

Workout - Work has been hectic lately. My company is in the middle of layoffs. I'm still not certain if ok or not, will find out Dec 4th. Anyway, due to the layoffs, more work has been thrown on the rest of us, which leads to my lack of gym time. So today's workout was pretty much like yesterday except I chose different exercises to hit bodyparts.

30 minutes lifting / 15 minute elliptical
3x10 for all exercises and 60 second rest between supersets
Floor Presses @ 235 superset Weighted Pullups @ BW
Rope pushdowns @ 85 superset with machine curls @ 80
Military Press (can't remember #) superset with various ab exercises

Diet
Morning - Protein shake, large apple
Lunch - Grilled Chicken Salad, plum, fish oil
Post W/O - protein shake with 1/2 cup of oatmeal and grapefruit
Afternoon - Grilled Chicken Salad
Dinner - Turkey, Green Beans

Notes - Veins were not popping out as much as yesterday but still noticable. The only other thing I noticed this morning was 2 small pimples on my forehead. Also, libido was kicking this morning into the afternoon but steadily decreased in the evening. But around 12 or 1 pm, I couldn't get sex out of my head. I think it's too early to say any of this is directly related to SubSterone but I'm looking forward to see if it continues.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 5 - Day 4

Workout - bball for 1.5 hours. Had a pretty good run. Was on a good team and we won every game, so got to run the entire time. Was pretty tired at the end, but was good to go during the games.

Diet
Morning - Protein shake, 1/2 cucumber, large apple
Lunch - Turkey, Green beans
Afternoon - Turkey, Green beans
Dinner - Spagetthi (birthday party, this was what was served so didn't have other options)

Notes - Nothing really to report today except libido was still up some but nothing like yesterday.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im in this bish... Like how the diet looks. Are you going for a specific goal with it? I barely see any carbs except for the fruit which looks to be in the AM and around your workout only. I try to eat this same way. Good luck with the log I will be following along closely

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
im in this bish... Like how the diet looks. Are you going for a specific goal with it? I barely see any carbs except for the fruit which looks to be in the AM and around your workout only. I try to eat this same way. Good luck with the log I will be following along closely
The diet is pretty strict over the week, but I definately cheat on the weekend. Right now I'm just trying to basically maintain with weight/bodyfat but gain strength. So to hopefully achive this, I eat pretty clean Monday through Friday, but allow cheats on the weekend.

Speaking of cheats, On Sat, I ate a whole medium thin crust Domino's supreme pizza, then followed it with 2 big spoonfuls of choc. chip cookie dough.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 6 & 7 - Day 5,6

Sub Sterone - 6 sprays morning & night

Workout - Off days

Diet
Morning - 1/2 cup of oatmeal, natty pb, 1 scoop of protein pwder and cinnamon
Lunch - Burger & Onion Rings on Sat, Ham, Eggs and Cheese biscuits for Sun
Afternoon - Nothing on Sat, not hungry. Nahco's for Sun watching football
Dinner - Pizza on Sat, Greek Yogurt and grapefruit on Sun
Night - non-fat Greek Yogurt mixed with natty pb and cinnamon for both Sat and Sun

Notes - No workouts so nothing to report on strength. The libido seems to be slightly above baseline. The only other thing I've noticed is I'm waking up more at night. I don't have any problems going to sleep, but I find myself waking up 2 to 3 times a night.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 8 - Day 7

Workout - Basketball (took a vacation day so no lifting. Did play 1.5 hours of bball though. Worked up a good sweat. )

Diet
Lunch - 2 Ham, egg and cheese biscuits
Dinner - BBQ, green beans and a few tortilla chips

Notes - Libido is still slightly high. Wife was off today as well and with the kids at school, took full advantage of the increased libido. Also, slept like a baby last night. Got in 10 hours so Sat nights tossing and turning was most likely was due to bad diet.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good in here BD! Any weight gain yet? Tattoo is up 2 lbs!!!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Looking good in here BD! Any weight gain yet? Tattoo is up 2 lbs!!!
Not a bad gain eh! I'm hoping to get a few cheeky lean lbs out of 8 weeks on this bad boy. Should be nice and lean as well.

You guys all cranking up your protein intake?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is an elevated libido a common side ecdysterone? I hadn't heard this.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a bad gain eh! I'm hoping to get a few cheeky lean lbs out of 8 weeks on this bad boy. Should be nice and lean as well.

protein is a huge factor with dosing this stuff!, few weeks in should start drastically change things in appearance..

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nov 8 - Day 7

Workout - Basketball (took a vacation day so no lifting. Did play 1.5 hours of bball though. Worked up a good sweat. )

Diet
Lunch - 2 Ham, egg and cheese biscuits
Dinner - BBQ, green beans and a few tortilla chips

Notes - Libido is still slightly high. Wife was off today as well and with the kids at school, took full advantage of the increased libido. Also, slept like a baby last night. Got in 10 hours so Sat nights tossing and turning was most likely was due to bad diet.
Whats your protein intake daily Blue devil?

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established

Well, I'm going to raise protein intake slightly, but was going to consume more BCAA's. Just got LG's BC+EAA Strawberry/Kiwi over the weekend.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Is an elevated libido a common side ecdysterone? I hadn't heard this.
I don't believe so, but for some reason it has been increased lately. I'm guessing because of the increased cal's.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Whats your protein intake daily Blue devil?
On lifting days it's on avg 150-160grams. e.g. (3 protein shakes at 30grams, 2 chicken breasts about fist size, 1/2 container of greek yogurt at night).

On non-lifting days it's around 120-130

Protein maybe slightly higher than this as I didn't add in protein coming from natty py, beans, veggies, etc...

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
We might have to double those protein shake doses to up your protein in the mid 200's :D

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
We might have to double those protein shake doses to up your protein in the mid 200's :D
I'll up the dose on protein shakes. I'm adding BCAA in as well intra and post workout.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 9 - Day 8

Workout
BB Bench Press 5x5 @ 255 (up 10lbs from last week)
BB Rows 5x5 @ 205
BB Shrugs 5x10 @ 225
SkullCrushers 4x5 @ 110
BB Bicep Curls 4x5 @ 110
15 minutes on tready at 3.5 incline and 3.8 speed

Diet
Morning - 1 scoop of protein pwder and cinnamon, large apple and 1/2 cucumber
Lunch - Grilled Chicken Salad, 1/2 grapefruit, fish oil
Post W/o - xlarge serving of BBQ and some green beans, 1/2 grapefruit
Afternoon - protein shake, 1/2 cucumber
Dinner - Chicken Pie, fish oil

Notes - Strength was up on all lifts today. There not PR's but a nice increase from last week.
Also, as of today,
Weight 191
BF - 11%

Original
Weight - 193
BF - 10.9
Looks like my weekend of binging caught up to me. I'm guessing the decrease in weight is water coming from a good run of bball last night.

Also, if no objections from the LG crew, I'm going to start dosing 6sprays 3 times a day. Morning, Pre-w/o and bedtime.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
It's all good man, loads of people are dosing 4x per day :)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
It's all good man, loads of people are dosing 4x per day :)
So I'm guessing morning, pre w/o, post w/o and night. I'll give 3xday a try for a week then I might jump up to 4xday next week.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
So I'm guessing morning, pre w/o, post w/o and night. I'll give 3xday a try for a week then I might jump up to 4xday next week.
I really just try keep it evenly spaced throughout the day but I do try take it pre and post as well to a point.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 10 - Day 9

Sub Sterone - 6 sprays morning, pre w/o & night

Workout - Muscle Pump and abs class 1hour total. Todays class focused on shoulders and legs. I've got moderate tendonitis (also had a partial rotator cuff tear in left shoulder about 6 years ago) in shoulders so I have to rub them down with pure emu oil + Icy Hot. But my shoulders were still sore during the exercises. I can handle the pain for low reps, but high reps always seem to be more difficult. I've taken multiple joint formula's but they didn't seem to help me a lot. The Emu Oil is about the best for immediate effects.

Diet
Lunch -BBQ, green beans, fish oil
Post W/o - protein shake, grapefruit
Afternoon - chicken pie, green beans
Dinner - Chicken Pie, green beans, fish oil (gotta love leftovers)

Notes - Hard to give updates on strength when doing the classes. My endurance was pretty good. I was sweating like a pig after about 5 minutes but was able to push through the entire class. Was proud because the guy that teaches the class is pretty big and I was using heavier db's for lifts than him and was still able to get all the reps in.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Well done on the lifts brother.
Any increased hunger by any chance yet?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really just try keep it evenly spaced throughout the day but I do try take it pre and post as well to a point.
This^^ as long as its evenly spread through out the day, I'll be doseing every 4 hours from once i wake up..:)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Well done on the lifts brother.
Any increased hunger by any chance yet?
Funny you mention that. I have found myself a lot hungrier the last couple of days. I originally just thought I was slacking on my diet and fought through the hunger pains, but then I remembered that Sub Sterone can/will cause increase hunger.

My eating schedule is usually like this
Breakfast - 8am
Lunch - 11am
Post W/O - 2pm
Afternoon - 3pm
Dinner - 6pm
Night - 10pm

The last couple of days I've been starving in between breakfast and lunch and Dinner and Night meals. The last 2 nights I ate some salsa and chips in between Dinner and Night.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 11 - Day 10

Sub Sterone - 6 sprays morning, pre w/o, post w/o & night

Workout -
Decline DB Bench Press - 3x10 @ 90 last set followed by 1x15@ db flyes
DB Rows - 3x10 @ 95, last set followed by 1x15 face pulls
Single Cable pushdowns 3x10 @ 40 followed by 1x15 diamond pushups
DB curls on preacher 3x10 @ 40 followed by 1x15 BW chin-ups
Calf Raises 3x20 @ 310
15 minutes on the tready 3.0 incline @ 3.8 speed

Diet
Lunch -grilled chicken salad, 1/2 grapefruit, fish oil
Post W/o - chicken pie, green beans, 1/2 grapefruit
Dinner - Turkey Burger, mixed veggies, fish oil

Notes - Strength was pretty good today, but I have to say I've noticed a better increase in endurance than anything else so far. Rest in between sets was 60 seconds. Usually it takes me about 90 seconds to recover but I had no problem knocking the reps out in 60 seconds today.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks pretty good my man. Chicken Pie! Love it!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nov 11 - Day 10

Workout -
Decline DB Bench Press - 3x10 @ 90 last set followed by 1x15@ db flyes
DB Rows - 3x10 @ 95, last set followed by 1x15 face pulls
Single Cable pushdowns 3x10 @ 40 followed by 1x15 diamond pushups
DB curls on preacher 3x10 @ 40 followed by 1x15 BW chin-ups
Calf Raises 3x20 @ 310
15 minutes on the tready 3.0 incline @ 3.8 speed

Diet
Lunch -grilled chicken salad, 1/2 grapefruit, fish oil
Post W/o - chicken pie, green beans, 1/2 grapefruit
Dinner - Turkey Burger, mixed veggies, fish oil

Notes - Strength was pretty good today, but I have to say I've noticed a better increase in endurance than anything else so far. Rest in between sets was 60 seconds. Usually it takes me about 90 seconds to recover but I had no problem knocking the reps out in 60 seconds today.
recovery has been a huge hit so far .., looking great Blue!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nov 12 - Day 11

Workout - 2 hrs of bball ( I was at the gym for 2hours but probably only played 45 minutes. Had a gym full of guys, so if your team lost, you had to sit out about 30 minutes until you played again. Unfortunately I didn't get on a good team until the end).

Diet
Lunch -Protein shake with natty pb, 1/2 cup of oats and banana
Afternoon - Turkey burger, green beans, grapefruit
Dinner - 7oz filet mignon with onions, peppers and sweet potato. Also had a few jalopeno poppers.

Notes - Again, endurance and recovery has been the biggest thing I've noticed so far with the Sub Sterone. Sat and Sun are off days, so I should be well rested to hit the heavy weights Monday.

On a side note, my company is in the middle of a huge layoff. Friday my boss was let go, so I'm not sure what that means for me. Hopefully I'll have more insight Monday