PES Erase Solo Log

  1. New Member
    colts fan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    PES Erase Solo Log


    Background:

    I guess I would be considered an intermediate level lifter. I started lifting in August 2009. I've missed 3 months of training this year due to a nagging shoulder problem and some personal issues. I've been back on track consistently for the past 8 weeks. I've gained a lot of strength, but also a lot of fat. In April, I reached a bodyweight of 268lbs. Recently, I've been focusing on regaining my strength and keeping a lower bodyweight.

    Goals:

    Achieve old PR's at a lower bodyweight. Increase strength and lean mass, while losing fat.

    Stats:

    H: 6'3
    W: 250
    BF%: Unknown

    Dosing:

    2 caps AM, 1 cap PM

    Diet:

    I've cut out a lot of carbs. No pasta, no rice, no oats. My main source of carbs has been a limited amount whole grain bread, lactose from skim milk. High protein from eggs, beef, chicken, milk, whey protein and deli meats. It's been working out nicely as far as leaning out and still increasing the weight on the bar. I'm not counting calories or anything, but I'm guessing I'm right around 2500 per day.

    Other Supplements:

    Whey Protein
    Creatine-Monohydrate
    Fish Oil
    Multi-V
    Vitamin D-3 (5000iu)
    Caffeine
    1,3 Dimethylamylamine (sp?)

  2. New Member
    colts fan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Day 1- 10/25/10


    2 caps taken upon waking at 9:00am.

    1 cap taken at 7:30pm.

    Today was a rest day. Nothing to report.
  3. New Member
    colts fan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Day 2- 10/26/10


    2 caps taken upon waking, approx. 10AM. 1 cap taken approx. 1AM 10/27 (left bottle at home).

    Back/Bi's-

    Deadlift:

    260x5, 285x5, 335x5, 385x5

    Pendlay Rows:

    180x3x9

    Assisted Chin-ups:

    -25x5, -25x5, -40x8

    BB Curls:

    45x9, 90x2x9

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

    All in all a good session. I was really gassed after deads. I'm only 10lbs. away from tying my old PR. Decent energy throughout the workout.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    colts fan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Day 3- 10/27/10


    2 caps upon waking at approx. 11AM, 1 cap taken at 8:45PM.

    Rest day. Holy crap my lower back and posterior chain have never been this sore. Calorie intake had been low the last few days, and may play a role in that. Additionally, I drive semi-trucks for a living and the lumbar support on my seat deflates after a few minutes which sucks.

    I'll also note I was very moody and fatigued throughout the day.
  5. New Member
    colts fan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Day 4- 10/28/10


    Chest/Triceps-

    Bench Press:

    45x2x5, 115x6, 160x6, 185x6, 215x6, 235x4, 250x1, 270x1, 285x1 (PR!), 215x8

    Incline DB Bench:

    50x10, 65x2x10

    Dips:

    2x10

    Triceps Ext:

    65x2x10

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I had a great day today! The PR on bench was the first one on a long time and it felt great. Had a lot of energy and everything felt light despite dieting pretty hard all week. I had to rush through dips and triceps extensions due to time constraints. Had a great pump through the workout.

    I must also note that I have been pissing like crazy. Is it possible to lose 5lbs of water in one day?
  6. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,518
    Rep Power
    552757
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    38.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Subbed

    3 caps a day seems high to start especially since you are merely trying to lower your estrogen in a non-steroid environment (where excess estradiol is inevitable).

    I am in NO way an Erase expert whatsoever and I shall defer to PES reps. I just began one cap a day and Im on TRT.

    PS: If you are lethargic or your joints start to hurt, this MAY BE an indicator that you are indeed a bit high in your dosing.

    Good luck buddy
  7. New Member
    colts fan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Subbed

    3 caps a day seems high to start especially since you are merely trying to lower your estrogen in a non-steroid environment (where excess estradiol is inevitable).

    I am in NO way an Erase expert whatsoever and I shall defer to PES reps. I just began one cap a day and Im on TRT.

    PS: If you are lethargic or your joints start to hurt, this MAY BE an indicator that you are indeed a bit high in your dosing.

    Good luck buddy
    Thanks for your support!

    I forgot to mention in my log yesterday that I was experiencing some intermittent knee aching throughout the day, but I chalked it up to the weather. I was also very lethargic and irritable. Yesterday was one of those really cold, drizzly and overall crappy days. However, I felt the same way today and it was warmer and sunny.

    From here on out I'm going to lower the dose to 2 caps per day, 1AM and 1PM. I'm really looking forward to pounding legs and shoulders tomorrow!
  8. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,173
    Rep Power
    364603
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by colts fan View Post
    Background:

    I guess I would be considered an intermediate level lifter. I started lifting in August 2009. I've missed 3 months of training this year due to a nagging shoulder problem and some personal issues. I've been back on track consistently for the past 8 weeks. I've gained a lot of strength, but also a lot of fat. In April, I reached a bodyweight of 268lbs. Recently, I've been focusing on regaining my strength and keeping a lower bodyweight.

    Goals:

    Achieve old PR's at a lower bodyweight. Increase strength and lean mass, while losing fat.

    Stats:

    H: 6'3
    W: 250
    BF%: Unknown

    Dosing:

    2 caps AM, 1 cap PM

    Diet:

    I've cut out a lot of carbs. No pasta, no rice, no oats. My main source of carbs has been a limited amount whole grain bread, lactose from skim milk. High protein from eggs, beef, chicken, milk, whey protein and deli meats. It's been working out nicely as far as leaning out and still increasing the weight on the bar. I'm not counting calories or anything, but I'm guessing I'm right around 2500 per day.

    Other Supplements:

    Whey Protein
    Creatine-Monohydrate
    Fish Oil
    Multi-V
    Vitamin D-3 (5000iu)
    Caffeine
    1,3 Dimethylamylamine (sp?)
    First, you've been lifting for just over a year - that still makes you a beginner re lifting, bud, especially since you've had time off, and everything you say also indicates "beginner" status.

    Second, you want a recomp. Recomping is usually only achieved by experienced trainees, because they know how to manipulate their nutrition perfectly to achieve results. Beginners can also unintentionally experience a recomp, but this is usually because they start training or following a nutrition plan, and their body is not sued to it, as they adapt. A successful recomp is VERY dependent upon your NUTRITION. Since you're in the later stages of a new trainee, I recommend choosing either fat loss or gaining muscle/strength, since your nutrition is very hit and miss and sounds like you have no idea what you're doing.

    Third, you have NO idea what your BODY COMPOSITION is - how are you going to measure your "progress" then - aside from strength - since if you don't know where you're starting from, you can't have any idea of how long it will take you to reach a "target body composition".

    Next, I will echo the comments re Erase dosing - you don't start out at 3 caps a day. Start at ONE cap for a few day, and work up to 2 caps towards the end of the first week going into the second, and maybe eventually 3 caps in your third to fourth weeks, with as a last resort 4 caps in the last week.

    Your NUTRITION should be the FOCUS of your efforts. You don't have this down right, which WILL definitely affect your progress. "Guessing" calories and having no idea what you're doing re nutrition is NOT the way to achieve a recomp, fat loss, OR gaining muscle/strength - you need to know what your MAINTENANCE calories are, and target your nutrition to the appropriate goal decided upon. Cutting carbohydrates is not necessarily going to help you any better either, re fat loss.

    Your other supplements look fine - you don't need anything else.

    Training re EXERCISES looks fine - not sure about your reasoning re sets and reps, since they are not consistent between the sessions that I have seen thus far.

    I recommend researching and learning about proper nutritional and training practices and techniques.

    Anyways, all the best, bud. 3,7-keto DHEA is a great compound, so if you get your nutrition and training targeted at your goals, then you could see some decent results.

    ~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. New Member
    colts fan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    First, you've been lifting for just over a year - that still makes you a beginner re lifting, bud, especially since you've had time off, and everything you say also indicates "beginner" status.

    Second, you want a recomp. Recomping is usually only achieved by experienced trainees, because they know how to manipulate their nutrition perfectly to achieve results. Beginners can also unintentionally experience a recomp, but this is usually because they start training or following a nutrition plan, and their body is not sued to it, as they adapt. A successful recomp is VERY dependent upon your NUTRITION. Since you're in the later stages of a new trainee, I recommend choosing either fat loss or gaining muscle/strength, since your nutrition is very hit and miss and sounds like you have no idea what you're doing.

    Third, you have NO idea what your BODY COMPOSITION is - how are you going to measure your "progress" then - aside from strength - since if you don't know where you're starting from, you can't have any idea of how long it will take you to reach a "target body composition".

    Next, I will echo the comments re Erase dosing - you don't start out at 3 caps a day. Start at ONE cap for a few day, and work up to 2 caps towards the end of the first week going into the second, and maybe eventually 3 caps in your third to fourth weeks, with as a last resort 4 caps in the last week.

    Your NUTRITION should be the FOCUS of your efforts. You don't have this down right, which WILL definitely affect your progress. "Guessing" calories and having no idea what you're doing re nutrition is NOT the way to achieve a recomp, fat loss, OR gaining muscle/strength - you need to know what your MAINTENANCE calories are, and target your nutrition to the appropriate goal decided upon. Cutting carbohydrates is not necessarily going to help you any better either, re fat loss.

    Your other supplements look fine - you don't need anything else.

    Training re EXERCISES looks fine - not sure about your reasoning re sets and reps, since they are not consistent between the sessions that I have seen thus far.

    I recommend researching and learning about proper nutritional and training practices and techniques.

    Anyways, all the best, bud. 3,7-keto DHEA is a great compound, so if you get your nutrition and training targeted at your goals, then you could see some decent results.

    ~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Hey Rosie. First off, I'm not your "bud". So stop calling be bud. Second, I'm most definitely at an intermediate stage. I ran linear progression as far as I could on starting strength, before starting the Madcow 5x5 Intermediate program earlier this year. My shoulder injury was caused by squats, so I'm not doing them 3x's per week anymore. This has kept my shoulder healthy and I'm approaching my old PR's while on the madcow program and -20lbs bodyweight. Third, if I stay at the same weight, yet can still add weight to the bar and am leaning out around the midsection, then I am recomping.

    As far as nutrition goes, I've done plenty of research and know exactly what I'm doing. I know what my maintenence calories are. I'm not like most people on here. I work 50+ hours per week driving a semi truck, which severely limits my options. I have a family and other mouths to feed. I know the basic macronutrient content of the food I eat. I've entered stuff into fitday before. I don't have the time to track every single little thing. It's boring, and people that get stuck on that crap are boring. I am eating clean now, which is a huge improvement from my previous eating habits. I'm not going to get into gimmicky trick diets that a lot of bodybuilders get into.

    As far as set and rep scheme goes, its pretty simple. The multi-joint compound movements are for power. Some will be 3x5 sets across or 5x5 ramping up. The other movements will start at rep range of 8, add a rep each week until I hit 12, then add 10% to the weight and start over at 8. The bench press scheme from the other day was done by a champion olympic lifter at my gym who was spotting me and has decades of experience. I usually do 3x5 sets across for bench.

    Regarding Erase, I've been looking at multiple logs and reviews where people started off with 3-4 caps per day with no issues. I'm not worried.

    I think you make too many assumptions about things without knowing the facts. No one likes a know-it-all.
  10. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,173
    Rep Power
    364603
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by colts fan View Post
    I think you make to many assumptions about things without knowing the facts. No one likes a know-it-all.
    I don't know everything and have never claimed to - I go off the information provided, not to mention the fact that you said, "I started a log in the supplement logs section...I'd appreciate some advice along the way" in another thread, so next time you might consider being more detailed and specific in your initial post. Just a thought.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  11. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,330
    Rep Power
    3607565
    Level
    84
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    subbed!
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  12. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,458
    Rep Power
    10751753
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    97.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by colts fan View Post
    Hey Rosie. First off, I'm not your "bud". So stop calling be bud. Second, I'm most definitely at an intermediate stage. I ran linear progression as far as I could on starting strength, before starting the Madcow 5x5 Intermediate program earlier this year. My shoulder injury was caused by squats, so I'm not doing them 3x's per week anymore. This has kept my shoulder healthy and I'm approaching my old PR's while on the madcow program and -20lbs bodyweight. Third, if I stay at the same weight, yet can still add weight to the bar and am leaning out around the midsection, then I am recomping.

    As far as nutrition goes, I've done plenty of research and know exactly what I'm doing. I know what my maintenence calories are. I'm not like most people on here. I work 50+ hours per week driving a semi truck, which severely limits my options. I have a family and other mouths to feed. I know the basic macronutrient content of the food I eat. I've entered stuff into fitday before. I don't have the time to track every single little thing. It's boring, and people that get stuck on that crap are boring. I am eating clean now, which is a huge improvement from my previous eating habits. I'm not going to get into gimmicky trick diets that a lot of bodybuilders get into.

    As far as set and rep scheme goes, its pretty simple. The multi-joint compound movements are for power. Some will be 3x5 sets across or 5x5 ramping up. The other movements will start at rep range of 8, add a rep each week until I hit 12, then add 10% to the weight and start over at 8. The bench press scheme from the other day was done by a champion olympic lifter at my gym who was spotting me and has decades of experience. I usually do 3x5 sets across for bench.

    Regarding Erase, I've been looking at multiple logs and reviews where people started off with 3-4 caps per day with no issues. I'm not worried.

    I think you make too many assumptions about things without knowing the facts. No one likes a know-it-all.
    easy guy, rosie is one of the most knowlegeable people on this forum-i feel grateful for any advice she gives me.


    with that said- good luck!!!
  13. New Member
    colts fan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    73
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

    UPDATE


    All I have to say about Erase is WOW, this is a powerful compound. Rosie, I apologize for the abrasive post. I shouldn't have started with 3 caps. The sides were too much. I was VERY moody on Saturday, to the point where I had to start taking some deep breaths and get a hold of myself. I was also feeling very fatigued, with some pretty annoying knee aching.

    So, Saturday I went in and had a fairly disappointing leg day. I like to be on top of squats, as I feel it is the most important exercise. Everything felt very heavy. A lot of this I attribute to some hard dieting that week. I also have some technical issues to iron out with the exercise as well. My top set was 305x3, I has hoping to hit 5. However, other than squats, the other exercises went well. Stiff-legged DLs were nice. OH press at 170x5 for the heavy set went up well, which means I'm only 5lbs from tying a PR! I did some calf raises at the end and got out of there.

    On Saturday and Sunday I reduced my dose of Erase to 1 cap upon waking and the side effects seemed to immediately cease. I had some serious DOMS from squats.

    Monday I raised the dose to 1 cap AM, 1 cap PM and am happy to say that I haven't experienced any sides at all!

    Now comes the good part. Yesterday (Tues) I went back in for my back/bi's workout. I NAILED 395x5 on the deadlift, and weighed in at 248lbs! This ties a personal best at nearly 20lbs less bodyweight. Additionally, I'm not even sore at all! I still have some slight adductor soreness from squats last saturday, but that's it.

    I started Erase at 255lbs and am now down to 248 with visibly noticable leaning.

    I'm looking forward to my bench press workout tomorrow.
  14. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,458
    Rep Power
    10751753
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    97.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by colts fan View Post
    All I have to say about Erase is WOW, this is a powerful compound. Rosie, I apologize for the abrasive post. I shouldn't have started with 3 caps. The sides were too much. I was VERY moody on Saturday, to the point where I had to start taking some deep breaths and get a hold of myself. I was also feeling very fatigued, with some pretty annoying knee aching.

    So, Saturday I went in and had a fairly disappointing leg day. I like to be on top of squats, as I feel it is the most important exercise. Everything felt very heavy. A lot of this I attribute to some hard dieting that week. I also have some technical issues to iron out with the exercise as well. My top set was 305x3, I has hoping to hit 5. However, other than squats, the other exercises went well. Stiff-legged DLs were nice. OH press at 170x5 for the heavy set went up well, which means I'm only 5lbs from tying a PR! I did some calf raises at the end and got out of there.

    On Saturday and Sunday I reduced my dose of Erase to 1 cap upon waking and the side effects seemed to immediately cease. I had some serious DOMS from squats.

    Monday I raised the dose to 1 cap AM, 1 cap PM and am happy to say that I haven't experienced any sides at all!

    Now comes the good part. Yesterday (Tues) I went back in for my back/bi's workout. I NAILED 395x5 on the deadlift, and weighed in at 248lbs! This ties a personal best at nearly 20lbs less bodyweight. Additionally, I'm not even sore at all! I still have some slight adductor soreness from squats last saturday, but that's it.

    I started Erase at 255lbs and am now down to 248 with visibly noticable leaning.

    I'm looking forward to my bench press workout tomorrow.
    you are right erase is powerful. i had to stop taking it close to bedtime, i kept having to get up to take a leak. lost 2 pounds in 1st few days-mostly water!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 02:15 PM
  2. 4wk P6 Red Solo Run
    By Hustlers in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 01:44 AM
  3. ERASE Contest - Help write the Erase Q and A!
    By nattydisaster in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 11:11 AM
  4. 1-T Solo Log
    By machine528 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 05:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in