Nothing but a MANIAC!!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Welcome again to another GoHard log! Recently I ran the Swole Stack during a very successful cut and have taken the past couple of weeks to get off of all advanced supplementation and get back to basics.

So after over a month of basics (you know..diet...whey...bcaa's...etc) i have decided to kick it up a notch and log AI Sports Nutritions pre-workout MANIAC! To preface i havent been on any pre-workout's or stims since my cut.

So without further ado let this log begin! I just drank 1 serving of Maniac and here is my overall first impression:

Mixability: 10/10
Mixes with a couple of shakes. Just becareful because gas builds up

Taste: 10/10
It almost taste like a carbonated beverage. Its delicious. Really nice flavor...i feel almost like im not taking in a pre-workout. Easily the best tasting pre-workout that i can readily think of.

I will let you guys know how the work out goes. Im hitting back.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In and looking forward to this Andre. The only reason I do not take it is I do cardio in the am and weights pm and if I take caffeine later my sleep does not go into a deep as sleep.

Lets see you crush some weights and get them Personals Records!

I used to have this on my myspace page five years ago or so

YouTube- Maniac - michael sembello

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LMAO!! Well i promise i will look nothing like that while on Maniac!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for the Maniacal fun!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Back Workout

Today's back day was far better then expected. Upon taking Maniac i noted about 20 minutes after a focesed intensity, much like motivate but not as intense. I was very tired from studying so i was surprised i got a second wind of sorts and i was ready to go and hit the gym.

Workout:

Stretch

Foam Roller

Deadlift warm up: 135/225/315/405

Deadlift 455: 3x1x2x1

1 arm dumbell row: 120x 5x5x5x2
There was no rest here, it was one arm after another

Bent Over Row: 225x5x5x3
1 minute rest

Pulls ups: 3 sets to failure

I was going to do some cardio but it was raining outside....so i called it a day.

The longest part of this lift was def the warming up, stretching, and foam rolling. Beyond that everything was at a nice intense pace.

Deadlift I almost got 4 the first time but i didnt lock out and i almost got 3 the third set but again didnt lock out. This was for me a very good lift considering the pace. My rest between sets for deadlift was to adjust the weight and chalk up.

All in all this first workout with Maniac proved to be truly intensified just enough for me to have a productive lift. Today was the FIRST day i hit 4 sets with 455. I am starting to handle the weight with no wraps far more aggressively so im going in the right direction.

Pump was more then i had anticipated.

Energy was smooth and sustained throughout the entire lift.

No crash.

Vascularity was coming out nicely.

If this continues I feel this may be my new staple pre-workout i use and then cycle others to change it up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's a maniac .. maniac .. awww forget that song sucks...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm enjoying maniac too. I noticed the same as far as stim effect goes, nice but not overbearing.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm enjoying maniac too. I noticed the same as far as stim effect goes, nice but not overbearing.
And if you want a bit more just add a couple Motivate... I think it's better to be on the lower end and use something like Motivate if you want a bigger stim. Sometimes I'm just in the mood to rock out!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In my friend. Just got my internet and phone back after 5 days talk about going nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christ....you have way too much to catch up on now

But at least you got a nice tech break

Upates later today when im done with classes

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Christ....you have way too much to catch up on now

But at least you got a nice tech break

Upates later today when im done with classes
Your not kidding you should see my PM box going to take me a hour to reply to them all LOL.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Updates!!

Alright so I am not proud of the following workouts. To be honest I wasnt even going to workout but the minute i hit my two scoops of Maniac! I had no option...it was Go hard or be a b*tch. So I walked in the gym and did the best I could.

Tuesday:

Bench

Warm up:
135, 225, 315

Work out:
365x1x1
375x1

Ive hit a pretty nasty mental plateau in this and in squat. The strength is there but the reps are not. Im going to change up my routine and start seeing if i can break this mental barrier.

Bench from bottom of the motion:
335x5x4x2

Bench lock out:
405x4x3x1

Bench dumbells:
120x5x4x3

Bench Incline:
225x4x3
275x0 I failed out at this point

Wednesday: no time to lift

Thursday: (today had to sneak in biceps and squats)

Squats

Warm up: 135, 225,315,405,455

Work out: from bottom of the squat dead weight

315x5x4x3
Trying to work out the driving force from a dead position. I am very much weaker from here then i am during a full squat. Gotta work on my weakness if I ever wanna get somewhere

Biceps:
Hammer curls
Preacher curls

Now im running to class.

Diet hasnt been perfect b/c of lack of food so im making due till we can hit the grocery stores. Its not that its a bad diet it just should be a lot better when it comes to the amount and number of meals.

Tomorrow is shoulders and triceps.

Starting next week im either going back to 5/3/1 or designing a routine to strengthen my weaknesses. I may combine the two and see what i get.

Sometime you just need a little extra push (especially since i workout alone in my garage) and Maniac was just that.

Weight is between 184-185 non-keto. So carbs are back on the menu!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah when 315 is a warmup on bench you reliquish your option to belly ache...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Still not bad workouts at all my friend.
Thank you for the encouragement but I am quite embarrased by them. But its not about ego...just gotta keep workign 2x a hard to make just as much progress as the rest.

On another note....Im sore all the time...i miss the SWOLE stack...I hate not being on it....I cant wait till Im on it again. But ill stay discipline in giving my body a rest. Maniac is more then enough for now. Add in Recoverpro and Essentials 2x a day and I am being spoiled.

Heck...im not even on glycobol so as to truly perfect my diet. Glycobol is so effective it allows me to cheat a bit and still make amazing gains. That is unacceptable. MORE PAIN EQUALS MORE GAIN!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the encouragement but I am quite embarrased by them. But its not about ego...just gotta keep workign 2x a hard to make just as much progress as the rest.

On another note....Im sore all the time...i miss the SWOLE stack...I hate not being on it....I cant wait till Im on it again. But ill stay discipline in giving my body a rest. Maniac is more then enough for now. Add in Recoverpro and Essentials 2x a day and I am being spoiled.

Heck...im not even on glycobol so as to truly perfect my diet. Glycobol is so effective it allows me to cheat a bit and still make amazing gains. That is unacceptable. MORE PAIN EQUALS MORE GAIN!
Bro just a bad day you will be posting eye popping numbers again very soon I am sure of it. I wish I lifted what you warm up with.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
hahah how the heck ya doing GH!!! haha MANIAC FTW!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right when my work sets are up at 315 I will be jumping up and down. Warm ups at 315... THen I see work twice as hard to make the gains others do. WHO? Me okay admittedly right now I am way ahead of the curve on my goals but we know why this is the case too. However when it comes to strength even on the compounds I am using I can't touch you man!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right when my work sets are up at 315 I will be jumping up and down. Warm ups at 315... THen I see work twice as hard to make the gains others do. WHO? Me okay admittedly right now I am way ahead of the curve on my goals but we know why this is the case too. However when it comes to strength even on the compounds I am using I can't touch you man!
Very few can unless your Jason.:)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep up the great work Andre.

do you on doing a meet? or a bodybuilding show?

it is about working your muscle not your joints and tendons.

Now if you are power lifting emphasis just becomes on moving the weight from point A to B, then strength is all that matters

I plan on incorporating strength training twice a year for about a month 1-5 reps each set.
1. The body is not used to this kind of training(if you working in the bodybuilding 6-12 rep range)
2. You use heavier weights than normal
3. When you return to bodybuilding workouts you increase strength , in the higher rep ranges because your body got used to the heavy weights.

I guarantee if you switch up rep ranges you would get a different look, 6-12 generally build muscle, while 1-6 strength and not so much size.(and 12 + muscle endurance) I cycle my training as I think it is important to cycle intensity and rep ranges.

btw you are stronger than myself on the big three rep maxes and like 40-45 lighter.I also do not do bench presses

In conclusion it is advantageous to train in the 1-6 rep range for a bodybuilder 3-5 weeks two times a year.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys sorry about the little break...feeling a bit under the weather but i got in a quick tricep and shoulder workout on saturday. Nothing to write home about but i got in and out so i dont skip a lift.

Yah when 315 is a warmup on bench you reliquish your option to belly ache...
haha I guess since i have such high goals and constantly play videos of the elite level big guys I really see myself on the lower tier of lifters.

ummm THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer:
yes sir....:sad:

hahah how the heck ya doing GH!!! haha MANIAC FTW!!!
Just trying to do what i gotta do broda man!! How have you been? Whats been popping on ur end?

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well remember you are all about physique...you are light years ahead of me on diet and overall knowing how to bring out the best in every workout. Im still a newbie when comparing myself to you. If i were at your level when it came to strength...i would be a sh*t ton stronger

Now if you are power lifting emphasis just becomes on moving the weight from point A to B, then strength is all that matters

I plan on incorporating strength training twice a year for about a month 1-5 reps each set.
1. The body is not used to this kind of training(if you working in the bodybuilding 6-12 rep range)
3. When you return to bodybuilding workouts you increase strength , in the higher rep ranges because your body got used to the heavy weights.

I guarantee if you switch up rep ranges you would get a different look, 6-12 generally build muscle, while 1-6 strength and not so much size.(and 12 + muscle endurance) I cycle my training as I think it is important to cycle intensity and rep ranges.

btw you are stronger than myself on the big three rep maxes and like 40-45 lighter.I also do not do bench presses

In conclusion it is advantageous to train in the 1-6 rep range for a bodybuilder 3-5 weeks two times a year.

Im all about strength. Powerlifting and martial arts is my thing so everything i do is either to generate massive power or to make myself a better fighter.

Bodybuilding is not my personal cup of tea at this point in my life. I think you are right on the money when it comes to switching my rep ranges would change my look drastically...but since that would add a lot more muscle then i would want i find it undesirable. Every lb of muscle i add to my frame I want it to correlate to pure power, strength, and might. Nothing need be wasted on my frame and that includes removing all unnecessary fat.

However i do find many advantages in trainign to a bodybuilding style workout routine. It can have great influence on cardio and overall muscle conditioning when one encorporates the right lifts with minimal rest.

Right now im working on my bench and squat form to eventually compete in a meet. My form at the moment is very dirty and probably wouldnt fly in a competition.

keep it up, love this stuff!
Thank you sir, ill do my best!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well remember you are all about physique...you are light years ahead of me on diet and overall knowing how to bring out the best in every workout. Im still a newbie when comparing myself to you. If i were at your level when it came to strength...i would be a sh*t ton stronger

Im all about strength. Powerlifting and martial arts is my thing so everything i do is either to generate massive power or to make myself a better fighter.

Bodybuilding is not my personal cup of tea at this point in my life. I think you are right on the money when it comes to switching my rep ranges would change my look drastically...but since that would add a lot more muscle then i would want i find it undesirable. Every lb of muscle i add to my frame I want it to correlate to pure power, strength, and might. Nothing need be wasted on my frame and that includes removing all unnecessary fat.

However i do find many advantages in trainign to a bodybuilding style workout routine. It can have great influence on cardio and overall muscle conditioning when one encorporates the right lifts with minimal rest.

Right now im working on my bench and squat form to eventually compete in a meet. My form at the moment is very dirty and probably wouldnt fly in a competition.

Thank you sir, ill do my best!
Your doing a great job GH.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm kinda irritated, i have to travel for work today and can only fit so much in supplements in my bag, plus the hotel gym is bound to suck anyhow. So i'm leaving the Maniac home :(

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm kinda irritated, i have to travel for work today and can only fit so much in supplements in my bag, plus the hotel gym is bound to suck anyhow. So i'm leaving the Maniac home :(
1) hotel gyms are the most annoying aspect of travel...I almost refuse to step into them at times. Dumbells that go up to 50....really? No bench...no squat rack...you will be lucky to find a pull up bar.

2) I feel your pain....I use the little baggy method. Take the alotted amount of a powder in one bag...aka 2-3 scoops per lift. Then another pill bag. Depending on the amount of space i may be allowed 1 bag per supplement...if not 2 bags suffice. One for powder, one for pills. It saves a lot of space, just make sure to double bag the powder.

3) Im sorry for you loss....lol

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) hotel gyms are the most annoying aspect of travel...I almost refuse to step into them at times. Dumbells that go up to 50....really? No bench...no squat rack...you will be lucky to find a pull up bar.

2) I feel your pain....I use the little baggy method. Take the alotted amount of a powder in one bag...aka 2-3 scoops per lift. Then another pill bag. Depending on the amount of space i may be allowed 1 bag per supplement...if not 2 bags suffice. One for powder, one for pills. It saves a lot of space, just make sure to double bag the powder.

3) Im sorry for you loss....lol
Damn 50 lbs dumbells you eat those for breakfast GH LOL.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Damn 50 lbs dumbells you eat those for breakfast GH LOL.
and sh*t them out before lunch lol

Well I have changed up my routin to 4 days a week. Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat....due to my school schedule and this will hopefully allow more rest so i can hit each lift a little harder.

Todays lift:

3 scoops Maniac!....WOOOHOOO Someone lit a fire under my @ss i was ready to go!

Stretched out warmed up

Seated military Press to chest:

Warm up: 95, 135

Workout 145x4x4x2

Seated military Press from top of head up(elbows at 90 degrees):

185x5
225x5
250x4

Cable tricep Pushdown:
50x8
70x8
90x8x8x6

One hand Tricep extensions behind the head:
30x8x8

Then the last part of the workout was one right after another so i might as well just put it in sequence:

Skull Crushers: 45x15
Side laterals: 20x10
Skull crushers:45x15
Side Laterals: 30x10
Skull crushers 45x15
Side Laterals 30x10
Skull Crushers: 45x10
Side laterals: 30x10, 20x10, 10x7

Rear Laterals:
10x10
4 seconds
20x10
4 seconds
30x10
10 seconds
30x10
no rest
20x6
no rest
10x6

2 scoops of TruNutritions delicious chocolate Isolate and a banana

No on to histology for the rest of the day and finish up with some ethics. Tomorrows class is about pregnancy and abortion. Gonna love that class.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and sh*t them out before lunch lol

Well I have changed up my routin to 4 days a week. Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat....due to my school schedule and this will hopefully allow more rest so i can hit each lift a little harder.

Todays lift:

3 scoops Maniac!....WOOOHOOO Someone lit a fire under my @ss i was ready to go!

Stretched out warmed up

Seated military Press to chest:

Warm up: 95, 135

Workout 145x4x4x2

Seated military Press from top of head up(elbows at 90 degrees):

185x5
225x5
250x4

Cable tricep Pushdown:
50x8
70x8
90x8x8x6

One hand Tricep extensions behind the head:
30x8x8

Then the last part of the workout was one right after another so i might as well just put it in sequence:

Skull Crushers: 45x15
Side laterals: 20x10
Skull crushers:45x15
Side Laterals: 30x10
Skull crushers 45x15
Side Laterals 30x10
Skull Crushers: 45x10
Side laterals: 30x10, 20x10, 10x7

Rear Laterals:
10x10
4 seconds
20x10
4 seconds
30x10
10 seconds
30x10
no rest
20x6
no rest
10x6

2 scoops of TruNutritions delicious chocolate Isolate and a banana

No on to histology for the rest of the day and finish up with some ethics. Tomorrows class is about pregnancy and abortion. Gonna love that class.
Looking good GH!!!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Maniac FTW hahah i love this prework out. .. so does my dad!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

John this is some great information you wrote here. I don't ever plan to compete (that I know of...) BUT I enjoy breaking through physical and mental plateaus. I may give this a shot in December and then get back to my more standard BB style workouts. Definitely got me thinking!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is definitely good information but we can not forget that a lot of people who are great at power lifting also tend to grow more from lower repetitions due to more Type 2 fibers firing faster and burning out more quickly and they can grow a much more dense type of musculature. I honestly grow best from 4-6 reps but my body can't handle that all the time any more. I have to use 6-8 as my sweet spot unless only going heavy for short bouts. I haven't even been able to do 6-8 recently. I am all about periodization now. Some heavy, some light, some moderate days.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep your eyes open thats all I can say.:)
I like the sound of that. Is AI rebranding itself? I noticed the names going from Anabolic Innovations to AI Sport Nutrition. I can see why if so gives you a broader scope and ability to attract non body builders to your supps.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the sound of that. Is AI rebranding itself? I noticed the names going from Anabolic Innovations to AI Sport Nutrition. I can see why if so gives you a broader scope and ability to attract non body builders to your supps.
The name change is a known thing. I just saying keep your eyes open because things can happen in a "flash"

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is definitely good information but we can not forget that a lot of people who are great at power lifting also tend to grow more from lower repetitions due to more Type 2 fibers firing faster and burning out more quickly and they can grow a much more dense type of musculature. I honestly grow best from 4-6 reps but my body can't handle that all the time any more. I have to use 6-8 as my sweet spot unless only going heavy for short bouts. I haven't even been able to do 6-8 recently. I am all about periodization now. Some heavy, some light, some moderate days.
I love 6-8 but my body can't handle that all the time...:eek5:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The name change is a known thing. I just saying keep your eyes open because things can happen in a "flash"
This sounds like you have something new coming out... tease!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Maniac FTW hahah i love this prework out. .. so does my dad!!
It definetly is addicting on taste...and i really dont mind the clean, focused energy. Good endurance, very intense pumps...a very good pre-workout staple indeed

John this is some great information you wrote here. I don't ever plan to compete (that I know of...) BUT I enjoy breaking through physical and mental plateaus. I may give this a shot in December and then get back to my more standard BB style workouts. Definitely got me thinking!
DO IT!!! lol If not for anything its a great way to shock the muscles if your not use to those kind of workouts. And it really thickens your physique and gives you a much better look

I think i have to agree with you here in that even though Im very young, even my body cant take very low reps, very heavy weight week after week. I have to find a balance and cycle moderate, heavy and light for deload to yeild maximal results. I think i need to buy one of those periodization books...when i have the money lol.

Keep your eyes open thats all I can say.:)
:shocked::shocked::shocked: eyes on that, check!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its all over facebook buddy!!! Come on keep up with the times!! lol jk jk i kid. Sometimes I really cant keep up with all the updates, all I can say is I have been very impressed with AI as of late...talk about moving in the right direction!! Big things popping!

The name change I very much like b/c everytime i wear my AI shirts or talk about the company, those uneducated about supplements think its all steroids b/c of the word anabolic. AI Sports Nutrition is much more friendly to those just starting out.

This sounds like you have something new coming out... tease!
Yeah Don....is something new coming out?!?!?

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Back workout

Instead of going very Heavy EVERY week which I did for the past month while on nothing but basics...im going to switch it up to a 531 hybrid style workout. Starting relatively light then working my way up. Ill add in more accessory work then a 531 calls for and also ill add in some cardio which is part of 531 but for now I just had time to lift before classs.

Here is yesterdays Back workout:

3 scoops maniac...check

Foam roller and stretched out...see if I can progressively get my flexibility up

Deadlift:

warm up: 135,225,315

Workout weight for the week: 405

405: 4x5x7x1 and held it up there for as long as I could for grip

Pull Ups: 1 minute rests

Bent Over Row: holding at top for 2 seconds, 1 minute rests

135x5x5x5x4

Then I hit some biceps:

Barbell curls for 3 sets
1 arm dumbell preacher curls 3 sets
Hammer Curls 3 sets

Called it a day cause i had to run to class. I wanted to hit more back work, but time was short so i ran hit some biceps and ended it.

2 scoops Whey, 34 grams of carbs view Oat and fruit bar(this organic energy bar my dad got at Costco)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Noticed this just went on sale for 16.99 or 19.99 can't remember now.. dirt cheap is the bottom line ...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Noticed this just went on sale for 16.99 or 19.99 can't remember now.. dirt cheap is the bottom line ...
Yes it has also Perform is at a insane price. The deal on TestoPRO with HGHpro a shirt and gym bag is off the hook. The Perform and Maniac I believe are flash sales which means as soon as the alloted amount is gone so is the sale so this is a hurry up and jump on it sale.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/maniac-80-servings.html

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/perform-120-caps.html

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/hghpro-testopro-free-t-shirt-free-gym-bag.html

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
subbed....You know i love me some Maniac!