Volcom's Sponsored, Controlled Lab's NEW, BLUE GROWTH log w/video

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Volcom's Sponsored, Controlled Lab's NEW, BLUE GROWTH log w/video

[IMG][/IMG]

PREFACE

First off, thank you Controlled Labs, in particular, RenegadeRows for selecting me to log BLUE GROWTH. I was instructed that in logging this new supplement, I was still afforded the ability to run it with a stack. I'm in the tail end of a Natadrol/Prime run, where I'm currently in PCT with Formadrol, T-911 and Icariin 50 and now, the addition of BLUE GROWTH. The last HGH product I ran was HGHPro months ago, so I'm looking forward to some deep, restful sleep with this product.

I'm a bit of an insomniac, which has real detrimental effects to not only working out, but actual work and activities in general, so any form of improved sleep is something I look forward to.

GOALS

80% of my workouts are bodybuilding related, however, in recent months, I've grown a liking to Olympic Lifts, such as the Olympic Cleans and Olympic Snatch. It began when I decided my workout partner Zack, an MMA fighter, would benefit more if we incorporated some performance lifts to increase his power (striking, shooting, sprawling, hipping, sweeps...etc). However, Zack recently got an ACL tear and needless to say, his MMA career is currently in the back window. Therefore, real life applications of O-lifts began to diminish. Luck would have it, my new workout partner Dusty, plays football, so again, I was re-inspired to continue my O-lifts.

The bulk of what I log will be bodybuilding workouts, but the vast majority of my video logs will be of my Olympic Lifts. I may throw in the occasional big number lifts so I'm not accused of fudging.

I started filming some video when I was first made aware that I would have this logging opportunity, about three weeks ago and already I've made some significant progression.

I'll be recomping next week, so my goal of course is to increase my O-lifts, which are painstakingly simple sugars fueled, which will be interesting, and to hit 315lbs on the bench for 5 reps for 5 sets. I'm more so in a high intensity routine at the moment, with raising my bench being a high priority.

PREFACE TO VIDEOS * Please read!*

Please, please, please ignore the giant Crossfit sign behind me in these videos. Crossfit has its place, but not for me and the athletes I personally train. It's the facility I work at, but I'm not a Crossfitter, "Not that there's anything wrong with that" to quote Jerry Seinfeld. I just want to make it clear that I'm an iron pushing, protein in the veins, carb counting bodybuilder. (just not carb counting right now).

3 Weeks Ago [3 days into Natadrol/Prime].

Warm Up/Technique Check; 95lbs

115lbs

PR [at the time] Attempt; 135lbs

PR [at the time] Sucess; 135lbs

YESTERDAYS VIDEOS
    Crush previous PR [1 week post Natadrol/PRIME and I feel my shoulders look broader]; 135lbs

PR Attempt; 155lbs

PR Attempt No. 2; 155lbs

I know my flaws in technique is my inability to drop lower into the catch, but to be frank, I simply do not possess the required core strength to overhead squat that much weight, which I will be working on.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I DO BODYBUILD!!!

These are very old videos, which were taken the last time I logged BLUE GENE for Controlled Labs. I’m only posting them to show you guys that I am a bodybuilder and this is a bodybuilding log for the vast part. I didn’t want you to feel like you’re following a Road to 2012 Olympics or something.

100lbs Db Press for 22 reps. I was mid-bulk at the time, so please excuse the “thickness.”

295lbs Bench Press for 7

405lbs Dead Lift for 8; Touch & Go AND with wraps, I know...... I understand if you neg me and don't laugh at my weight Tomahawk!.

So, that’ll clear things up that I’m not trying out for the Chinese Nationalist Olympic Team or anything. I primarily bodybuild.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Plates for 10 reps

5 Plates x 5 reps

Last edited by VolcomX311; 08-29-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

here my friend!!! and FIRST
    Working on living
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yo! Thanks for the invite.
    "I am NOT an alcoholic. Alcoholics have a drinking problem. I ain't got no problem drinking!!"
    -My Best Friend
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.91%

Subbed for sure

looks like 455 deadlift btw
    NEW LG LOG CHECK IT OUT
    if only bc Big Ron is in my avatar
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170780-lets-try-again.html
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Some nice lifting going down there Sam, I just got my deads back up to 340 for 8 sans straps, yah it's a lot harder without. Core strength is still building back up. I will have to go away from heavier lifting and do HST for a while but hope to get some good numbers when I get to the fives...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    here my friend!!! and FIRST
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-tightend83 View Post
    Yo! Thanks for the invite.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCAA68 View Post
    Subbed for sure
    I'm working this multiquote thing for the first time, thanks to AG. Thanks guys, I'm loving the company already.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm too busy for the likes of you
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Some nice lifting going down there Sam, I just got my deads back up to 340 for 8 sans straps, yah it's a lot harder without. Core strength is still building back up. I will have to go away from heavier lifting and do HST for a while but hope to get some good numbers when I get to the fives...
    Thanks D-dubja. I've been doing cobra stretches all morning. I'm still trying to get my lower back healthy enough to hit those heavy (to me) deads. I'm still pre-habbing my deads as well. It's such a great, beastly exercise, but it's such an easy exercise for me to get injured on. It's a severe love/hate.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I'm too busy for the likes of you
    My log just got 10 IQ points smarter
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Thanks D-dubja. I've been doing cobra stretches all morning. I'm still trying to get my lower back healthy enough to hit those heavy (to me) deads. I'm still pre-habbing my deads as well. It's such a great, beastly exercise, but it's such an easy exercise for me to get injured on. It's a severe love/hate.
    Yah for me it's the muslce right at the top of the glute I have to watch... using straps allowed me to use more of my upper back power, withought them there is more preasure in other places...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  12. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%

My log just got 10 IQ points smarter
    Only 10?!

***NOW @ NP***
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah for me it's the muslce right at the top of the glute I have to watch... using straps allowed me to use more of my upper back power, withought them there is more preasure in other places...
    For me, its the same old mistake time & time again. I had a slip disc at L3, so when I'm healthy (or pain free that is), I tend to forget that I have a previous injury and my lumbar can take certain jumps in weight without issue. It's when I start making those jumps and making them issue free, that I revert back to an 18 year old who feels physically invincible and no longer progress in a subtle manner. It's in those times that I re-aggravate my lumbar (again & again). As much as I intellectually know & understand, it's hard for me to hold back on this particular lift.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Only 10?!
    10 squared....?
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

checkin in and subbed
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.44%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I am in Kill this Volc!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%

For me, its the same old mistake time & time again. I had a slip disc at L3, so when I'm healthy (or pain free that is), I tend to forget that I have a previous injury and my lumbar can take certain jumps in weight without issue. It's when I start making those jumps and making them issue free, that I revert back to an 18 year old who feels physically invincible and no longer progress in a subtle manner. It's in those times that I re-aggravate my lumbar (again & again). As much as I intellectually know & understand, it's hard for me to hold back on this particular lift.
    yah when I get my core stength back will have to watch it... I am using sumo to avoid the back problems but then will have to watch for the hamstring pulls.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    checkin in and subbed
    Thanks AX
    NSCA - CSCS
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I am in Kill this Volc!
    The boss is here, everyone act like they're working Thanks, Kleen.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

here

maybe I should start using straps?
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.68%

I should be organizing my crayons by favorite colors and preparing for today's recess. You call me in here for this?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    here

maybe I should start using straps?
    With as many repetitions you do on Deads, I don't know how you go without them. 3-5 reps raw grip [pause & go] isn't that bad on the grip, but doing 20+ reps, I don't know how your fingers aren't falling off.
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post

I should be organizing my crayons by favorite colors and preparing for today's recess. You call me in here for this?
    Good to have you SB and yes
    NSCA - CSCS
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

what up volcom, thanks for the invite
    and im in brah
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by 10bathroomsO View Post
    what up volcom, thanks for the invite
    and im in brah
    Thanks bro. I appreciate you chiming in.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.66%

225 for 30-35 reps is cake work man. I love endurance, the sweating, breathing hard, wanting to roll in the fetal position.

my grip is pretty strong but if I do slip I just let the weight down, readjust and attack it again.

my calluses actually have their own army which holds the bar...so I'm good
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

225 for 30-35 reps is cake work man. I love endurance, the sweating, breathing hard, wanting to roll in the fetal position.

my grip is pretty strong but if I do slip I just let the weight down, readjust and attack it again.

lol, like a squid. Your endurance on Deads isn't normal. The kind of pain threshold it takes to knock out that many reps with moderate weight is no joke on such a compound lift.
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.66%

I've always been told I was a somewhat genetic freak, my body has a mind if it's own sometimes. I'll hopefully be getting up a video soon
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yayy for videos all around
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.41%

Same issue here, herniated disc. I started deadlifting AFTER, at my chiropractors advice, and it's helped a ton,but I...MUST...BE...CAREFUL. I just do stupid uber-high rep low weight Crossfit DL now. It serves my grappling purposes well.

HOLY **** That's awesome.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Same issue here, herniated disc. I started deadlifting AFTER, at my chiropractors advice, and it's helped a ton,but I...MUST...BE...CAREFUL. I just do stupid uber-high rep low weight Crossfit DL now. It serves my grappling purposes well.

HOLY **** That's awesome.
    I agree, there's a certain weight i can rep at that makes my back feel stronger, no pain, no aggravations, but its hard for me to stay at a particular weight too long on this lift. I'll just have to learn some self control on DL's. It's hard because the bulk of my experience with deads and my primary obsession with deads, are with hitting those heavy, heavy 3-5 rep ranges. I can hit 315lbs for reps without issue, but again, it's really hard to feel like I could no more and not do it. I just need some self control.

and yeah, Big is something else with those reps.
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.51%

Subb'ed!!!! Strong intro
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.14%

I'll just have to learn some self control on DL's. It's hard because the bulk of my experience with deads and my primary obsession with deads, are with hitting those heavy, heavy 3-5 rep ranges. I can hit 315lbs for reps without issue, but again, it's really hard to feel like I could no more and not do it. I just need some self control.
    Subbed big V!!

Do you have a lifting partner these days Volcom? I remember Dorian Yates saying that his lifting partner isn't there to drive him to lift more weights or even execute more repititions, but rather to hold his infinite love for high intensity in check. He says his partner is there to make sure that he doesn't push too far and court injury. Of course this protocol didn't work out too well for him. He tore his quad early in his career, his bicep after his second Mr. Olympia win, and his tricep a few years later.
    Some of us don't need to be driven, but we sure need some steering (direction) once in a while.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  34. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.66%

word, I very rarely have a workout partner now a days when actually lifting. when doing more field stuff (tire flipping, parachute sprints, wall rappelling) ive got dudes there (no homo) pushing me to the limit. nowadays I'm going to the gym at the awesomest times when the personal trainers are training their clients (old people/chubbys, so I get to bench in the power rack and push myself knowing I've got that "safety".

still learning to listen to my body, I was repping 205 the other day on shoulder press and had to stop at my projected rep/set range without adding weight. I pictured me badly injuring my shoulder and promptly moved to the next exercise. slow and steady, even though I think I could have went higher.

I love the looks I get when I've scraped up my shins after a grueling deadlift session or puked after an intense squat session. non BBers
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.21%

cool

ill catch up later mate
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.27%

Here Sam!

Yo no shame in using wraps my friend...do your thing and love those videos!
  37. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.42%

in for this
  38. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Subbed big V!!

Do you have a lifting partner these days Volcom? I remember Dorian Yates saying that his lifting partner isn't there to drive him to lift more weights or even execute more repititions, but rather to hold his infinite love for high intensity in check. He says his partner is there to make sure that he doesn't push too far and court injury. Of course this protocol didn't work out too well for him. He tore his quad early in his career, his bicep after his second Mr. Olympia win, and his tricep a few years later.
    Some of us don't need to be driven, but we sure need some steering (direction) once in a while.
    I think a lot of us need a voice of reason to step in now and then. I've been mandated by my training partner to perform no lower body movements for the next 10 days. I pulled a hamstring and adductor last week, but continued to squat, front squat and DL this week, attempting to work through the pain.

So, she stepped in and said "No more, buddy. What are you, stupid? Heal."

***NOW @ NP***
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Subbed big V!!

Yes and you have no idea how good it feels to have one again. My previous workout partner, who was of like-strength, perhaps even a bit stronger, suffered an ACL tear during MMA training and although the bulk of my lifting experience has been a solo one, once I got used to the friendly competitiveness and the presence of an external driver, going back to solo lifting felt lacking for me. However, I have a new guy, a football player, who's also of like-strength, while 25lbs lighter then me so I feel uber lame, but its been really refreshing.

I've been a bit off course with an over emphasis on all this Olympic lifting ish, but having a partner once again prioritizes the more bodybuilding aspect of lifting. We only do O-lifts once a week and the rest is good old fashioned HIT lifting.
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

word, I very rarely have a workout partner now a days when actually lifting. when doing more field stuff (tire flipping, parachute sprints, wall rappelling) ive got dudes there (no homo) pushing me to the limit. nowadays I'm going to the gym at the awesomest times when the personal trainers are training their clients (old people/chubbys, so I get to bench in the power rack and push myself knowing I've got that "safety".

still learning to listen to my body, I was repping 205 the other day on shoulder press and had to stop at my projected rep/set range without adding weight. I pictured me badly injuring my shoulder and promptly moved to the next exercise. slow and steady, even though I think I could have went higher.

I love the looks I get when I've scraped up my shins after a grueling deadlift session or puked after an intense squat session. non BBers
    Doing field work solo gets old real quick. I much, MUCH prefer going with a couple buddies. When I was cutting and running stadiums, I sort of preferred doing those solo and even some HIIT on the field, but I think I only preferred solo cardio on occasions because subconsciously or consciously, it meant I was only responsible for a certain degree of intensity. However, doing cardio with friends, particularly HIIT work, makes it two - three times harder.
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. Volcom's Blue GENE Final Review/w Video Assessments
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:49 AM
  2. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
  3. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
  4. Replies: 1890
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 11:04 PM