My contest preparation log using a whole bunch of Anabolic Innovations products - AnabolicMinds.com

My contest preparation log using a whole bunch of Anabolic Innovations products

Page 1 of 17 1236 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

My contest preparation log using a whole bunch of Anabolic Innovations products

Hey my name is John, 29 years old, and prepping for the NGA Nashville night of champions, where I placed third last year in the heavyweights. The purpose of this log is help people get a review of the products Anabolic Innovations has to offer and answer any questions in the science behind them.

Goal: November 6th date of the show to be 4-5 % body fat so I am what a little over 11 weeks out
    1.Primary goal is body fat reduction
    2.secondary is muscle gain and keeping the muscle

I am coming off an injury where I took two months off upper body so the rebound muscle is still taking place.

Nutrition: (roughly 1.5 grams ) about 330 grams protein daily, 150-220 carbs, low fat, A LOT of vegetables with protein only meals usually the last couple meals of the day.

refeed day (1000 more calories than usual, mostly carbs) Could be once a week, once every 12 days or once every 4 days. That said, you can eat anything, the time to take a cheat days is where you see your body just not "doing" anything...not responding

I am following Chris Acteo's advice, who personally recommended this to myself when I asked him. I have learned a lot from him and he has some fantastic tips.

Training : Its my own designed program by myself for myself, focusing on bringing up certain body parts, and maintaining my genetically good body parts.

Cardio 4 x's weekly currently first thing on empty stomach, high intensity intervals

Day one, chest , shoulders, traps, triceps, biceps
    day two, calves, quads, hamstrings ,
    day three cardio
    Day four, Back
    day five calves, biceps and triceps super sets
    day six cardio
    day seven cardio

This is not set in stone, If I am too wore out I take a complete day off, or if tired I train that body part less that day. Here is a nice study to back that up(actually someone erased this study so i guess studies from other other sites are not allowed, strange)

Don’t feel like going to the gym? Don’t stop, just train less

Down to the good part and purpose of this log
    (of course everything else must be set in place as you know or supplementation is always icing on the cake.)

Supplementation
    I am highlighting Anabolic Innovations products only

current Anabolic Innovation supplements

TestoPro 4 caplets daily(on my second bottle so coming up on 5th week on testopro consistently)
    Perform 4 capsules daily
    Cycle support (orange) one scoop daily
    RecoverPro: On weight training days between meals, before and after training
    Essentials and joint complex post weight training days
    Glycobol 2 capsules 15-30 minutes before post weight training and carb up meals
    Motivate On cardio days first thing in morning or days that I know are going to be long

one thing that has been going on is that saw palmetto works like finasteride

here is a recent study done on Saw palmetto blocking 5-ar Saw Palmetto as effective as Finasteride

this study from what I understand says Saw Palmetto works at blocking 5α-reductase to the hormone responsible from hair loss and prostate growth 5α-dihydrotestosterone. With my natural testosterone levels increased from testopro, I figure why not add in Saw palmetto. In addition, some people say they have libido issues on saw palmetto, so i figured, if it is even a remote possible perform would take care of that.(which I really don''t think it would, as my libido has been very high on testopro these past four weeks I have been on it)

I will add more Anabolic Innovations supplements as the log progresses and some take out some as well as I use them

if you have any questions I can answer just ask them. I have so much information i could write about and share. that is why I urge you to ask questions regarding, contest preparation, supplements, nutrition, training. I hope to help you with this log.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

in!
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I will probably go more in depth in this log.

anyways currently my views in diet I take the fact(in my opinion) it is much more complex than carbs in and carbs out. If that were the case someone could eat 90 % carbs and 10 % protein.

My carb sources right now consist mainly low Gi carbs(slow burning carbs) Oatmeal, yams, cooked beans, low Gi carbs in general.

If I do do fasting acting carbohydrates I do them by experimenting and seeing if it changes things for myself. Example currently I am taking in slow burning carbs after cardio on off days and fast burning carbs post weight training only, hopefully I wont, but lets just say the scale is not moving after one week and I am not seeing a visual difference, I might switch to slow burning carbs.

or I am stuck so I do no carbs before training = greater fat loss. there are so many techniques I can add in and try to see if they work for my body when fat loss is halting

So if I am stuck at a Plataea ,I have to find a way around this. It is not as simple as lower your calories and get leaner, especially going for 4-5 %!

Regarding a cheat day, for a cheat to be beneficial you HAVE to be seeing yourself getting leaner. If you are then you can cheat. if I am NOT getting leaner a cheat day will slow or cancel my progress

Contest preparation is a whole other area I am focusing in on and learning
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.

Subbed...Hoping to learn alot from this log.
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  5. AI Sports Nutrition

In for the drive to the contest. Give it hell Johm.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

good luck with that sick stack my friend!!
    Working on living
  7. AI Sports Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    good luck with that sick stack my friend!!
    That is one sick looking stack.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice John this looks like a great run and I can't wait to see those huge legs ripped.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

testopro plus perform-ooohwee!!!
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    testopro plus perform-ooohwee!!!
    yeah my libido is ridiculous right now I do not know how it could get any higher on testopro. We will see if the Saw palmetto in cycle support brings it down and if the perform brings it up. or if Perform causes me to go insane.
  11. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    yeah my libido is ridiculous right now I do not know how it could get any higher on testopro. We will see if the Saw palmetto in cycle support brings it down and if the perform brings it up. or if Perform causes me to go insane.
    if perform doesn't increase libido-your pecker is dead.

seriously perform is very good stuff, i had to reduce dose when i ran 2 bottles back to back.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

if perform doesn't increase libido-your pecker is dead.

seriously perform is very good stuff, i had to reduce dose when i ran 2 bottles back to back.
    yeah I started Perform when it first came out and had to stop because sex drive was distracting, and too high at times when I did not need it.

It is also very possible it increases testosterone though longjack, even though it is not marketed as such. maybe a side benefit.
  13. Diamond Member

yeah I started Perform when it first came out and had to stop because sex drive was distracting, and too high at times when I did not need it.

It is also very possible it increases testosterone though longjack, even though it is not marketed as such. maybe a side benefit.
    i agree!

btw-i have never ran testopro/perform together except for some samples of perform on my last testopro run-i can only imagine what 2 weeks of both would do-damn, my wife would leave me, lol.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

N4Sure
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

whats your bf at now?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    whats your bf at now?
    I have my work cut out for me.

(honestly I really do not know may be 12 or 14 or 11, I go by the mirror, I can see my abs when I flex hard and put my hips toward my stomach like a crunch, that's not saying much though.)

Pictures coming soon...after the show.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

I will probably go more in depth in this log.

anyways currently my views in diet I take the fact(in my opinion) it is much more complex than carbs in and carbs out. If that were the case someone could eat 90 % carbs and 10 % protein.

My carb sources right now consist mainly low Gi carbs(slow burning carbs) Oatmeal, yams, cooked beans, low Gi carbs in general.

If I do do fasting acting carbohydrates I do them by experimenting and seeing if it changes things for myself. Example currently I am taking in slow burning carbs after cardio on off days and fast burning carbs post weight training only, hopefully I wont, but lets just say the scale is not moving after one week and I am not seeing a visual difference, I might switch to slow burning carbs.

or I am stuck so I do no carbs before training = greater fat loss. there are so many techniques I can add in and try to see if they work for my body when fat loss is halting

So if I am stuck at a Plataea ,I have to find a way around this. It is not as simple as lower your calories and get leaner, especially going for 4-5 %!

Regarding a cheat day, for a cheat to be beneficial you HAVE to be seeing yourself getting leaner. If you are then you can cheat. if I am NOT getting leaner a cheat day will slow or cancel my progress

Contest preparation is a whole other area I am focusing in on and learning
    subbed

i'd like pics of the "before", where you're at now. and i CANT WAIT to see you at 4% holy cow. hey i have free DEXA scanning at work, you can come by

agreed on the complexities of "diet" for weight loss versus for getting to 4%. the tricks and manipulations to achieve unnatural levels will be interesting to read about.

I'd love to see your diet breakdown, such as total cals and exactly how you get 330gms prot a day.

Also see you're heavily into AI's line, and I too will soon start the Swole Stack. Why aren't you on Stoked! now?

this is gonna be FUN!
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  244 lbs.

good luck. im following
  19. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    subbed

i'd like pics of the "before", where you're at now. and i CANT WAIT to see you at 4% holy cow. hey i have free DEXA scanning at work, you can come by

agreed on the complexities of "diet" for weight loss versus for getting to 4%. the tricks and manipulations to achieve unnatural levels will be interesting to read about.

I'd love to see your diet breakdown, such as total cals and exactly how you get 330gms prot a day.

Also see you're heavily into AI's line, and I too will soon start the Swole Stack. Why aren't you on Stoked! now?

this is gonna be FUN!
    good post-repped
  20. AI Sports Nutrition

I have my work cut out for me.

(honestly I really do not know may be 12 or 14 or 11, I go by the mirror, I can see my abs when I flex hard and put my hips toward my stomach like a crunch, that's not saying much though.)

Pictures coming soon...after the show.
    You will make it my friend.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

yes he will
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

subbed

this is gonna be FUN!
    I'll have to take some pictures then it may be a few days as I have to find someone to take them for me. The bathroom ones come out blurry.

Okay I think i may start posting my calorie breakdown every single day from now on.

I cycle my supplements and may add Stoked in closer to the show. There is a Doctor at my gym and our relationships consists of talking and the studies on resveratrol. he has gave me a lot of studies they are good studies. and we both keep up with research.All these are the most recent studies and accepted by Doctors so you know your getting quality studies.

I am going to try and post them, youll see if they comes up(on my first page of my log I posted two studies and they were erased so they may be gone tomorrow)

May 5 2010 Resveratrol may boost blood flow in the brain: Study

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...he-brain-Study

July 20th 2010 Researchers: Resveratrol a ‘double-edged sword’ for prostate cancer

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...rostate-cancer

June 28th 2010 Resveratrol may boost eye health: Study

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...e-health-Study

To Everyone*Remember this is an Anabolic Innovations log and This log is used to promote Anabolic Innovations products so I make AI Plugs*
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I lost a pound since Monday , today weighed in at 229 lbs, very happy over this! The diet worked from then to now. I am going to keep it going , if it is not broke, no need to fix it.

Last night slept 12 hours Must have really needed it

August 12th 2010 Back *on a side note I do physical therapy on my shoulder in the gym before weights 2x's a week currently, as it is pretty recovered and still has a little way to go. A LOT better than it was!

Nautilus Pullover
    120lbs=10x's
    150lbs=10x's

V bar pulldown
    160lbs=9x's

Neutral grip pullups(bodyweight)
    7-4(rest paused)

Seated Cable row
    150lbs=12x's(easy)

One arm dumb bell row
    70lbs=12x's
    90lbs=15x's
    105 lbs=8x's

one arm standing cable rows
    40lbs=10x's
    60lbs=8x's

will start the daily nutrition postings tomorrow, I think it is good to count calories, but not get too caught up in overlay-zing things with numbers.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

so youll be like 200ish when your going on stage if me did math right?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    so youll be like 200ish when your going on stage if me did math right?
    I have no idea what weight will be. I really do not care its how I look that matters I try not to get caught up in numbers and such so much, as it is over analyzing for myself and worrying about it may cause me to lose muscle.
    (kind of kidding)
  26. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation

In John!.._ Give this hell buddy and you we prevail no matter what!
  27. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation

subbed

this is gonna be FUN!
    John did you take the pics down?
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I've never followed a contest prep log....subbed!
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hey yah that diet sounds like a pretty standard pre-contest. Keep it simple... 11 weeks out you must be already pretty lean.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Looking good so far.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

IM BACCCKKK
  32. Diamond Member

I have no idea what weight will be. I really do not care its how I look that matters I try not to get caught up in numbers and such so much, as it is over analyzing for myself and worrying about it may cause me to lose muscle.
    (kind of kidding)
    come on john-no one does more analyzing than you, lol. i don't see you leaving anything to chance.

you and celc5 do more research and analyzing than anyone on here-
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

^^true and i love it
  34. AI Sports Nutrition

(kind of kidding)
    The mirror does not lie. Good outlook.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    John did you take the pics down?
    Never had any recent pictures up.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Hey yah that diet sounds like a pretty standard pre-contest. Keep it simple... 11 weeks out you must be already pretty lean.
    I think I am behind.Further, I have a good feeling about this contest prep

come on john-no one does more analyzing than you, lol. i don't see you leaving anything to chance.

you and celc5 do more research and analyzing than anyone on here-
    Tom, I probably needed to mention I do think it is best to count calories in general, just not to get caught up in I am eating 2500 so I am losing.. I get stuck and reduce to 2,400 ...it always does not work like that manipulating fat loss, I compare a bodybuilder what they are doing to their body to a hacker what they are doing to a computer.

it would make sense if you are losing at 2,600 and need to lose to go down to 2,400 right? eventually the metabolism slows and that's when you add in cardio, or a fat burning try other techniques, the thing is do not add them in all at once because then you do not know what sped the metabolism up, if you try three at once, like if your really stuck you add in complex carbs instead of simple post training. I have not got to that point and hope I never have to.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Yesterdays nutrition

315 grams protein -divided over seven meals, one pound lean beef, tuna, chicken, egg whites,

230 carbohydrates, first three meals, oatmeal, sweet potato(large), and post workout fast acting low fat brownies

fats 40 all from meat sources , chicken, lean beef, omega 3's

Anabolic Innovations Supplements
    RecoverPRO 2x's in between meals
    Glycobol popped two in the gym right before heading home to get in PWO
    Perform~
    Testopro~
    Essentials with PWO
    Cycle Support~with shake

Sleep 10 hours(took a sample of hghPro before bed)
  37. Diamond Member

good info here john.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Thanks that is good to hear.

August 13th 2010 Calves, biceps + Triceps supersetted

(After warm up of course I always do warm up sets on everything)

Seated Calve raises
    45+25=12
    45+45=10
    45+45+10=9x's

standing calve raise(2-3 sets warmup sets)
    400lbs=10x's

Incline dumb bell curls supersetted with
    30lbs=10,7, 25lbs=8x's
    Dips
    (machine dips)250lbs=17x's, body weight 9x's,9x's

Dumbbell hammer preacher curls supersetted with
    30=11,7, 25=8
    behind the head tricep extensions
    20lbs=12, 25lbs=12, 30lbs=11x's

Nautilus preacher machine supersetted with
    100lbs=15,10
    one arm reverse cables
    30lbs=15x's, 40lbs=7x's

Lost my pump so I abandoned the workout, if my pump was going strong I would have continued. This is the only day I am doing supersetting.
  39. AI Sports Nutrition

Thanks that is good to hear.

August 13th 2010 Calves, biceps + Triceps supersetted

(After warm up of course I always do warm up sets on everything)

Seated Calve raises
    45+25=12
    45+45=10
    45+45+10=9x's

standing calve raise(2-3 sets warmup sets)
    400lbs=10x's

Incline dumb bell curls supersetted with
    30lbs=10,7, 25lbs=8x's
    Dips
    (machine dips)250lbs=17x's, body weight 9x's,9x's

Dumbbell hammer preacher curls supersetted with
    30=11,7, 25=8
    behind the head tricep extensions
    20lbs=12, 25lbs=12, 30lbs=11x's

Nautilus preacher machine supersetted with
    100lbs=15,10
    one arm reverse cables
    30lbs=15x's, 40lbs=7x's

Lost my pump so I abandoned the workout, if my pump was going strong I would have continued. This is the only day I am doing supersetting.
    Good workout John.
  40. Diamond Member

gotta love the pump!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please welcome Anabolic Innovations 3 sponsored athletes and a contest
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 10:41 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 10:55 PM
  3. Contest for a free Anabolic Innovations product.
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 07:47 PM