My contest preparation log using a whole bunch of Anabolic Innovations products

Page 11 of 22 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Yep - done everything under the sun, including training and not training legs, higher reps but still as heavy as I can go so the intensity is still there, shorter and longer recovery periods, different set types, adding in boxing, etc. No matter the weight or rep range, if I train legs at all, they GROW - I'm not sh*tting you. Like I said, more mass would be nice in my arms, but if it doesn't happen, then I'm not going to be too concerned.
    Oh I believe you, I don't train traps at all and they are one of my best features, if I train them they get huge over night. They get so big it makes my shoulders look narrower.

2. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    If I am not mistaken this is the "big" NGA show of the year. Lots of competition as well! I am going against the best of the best in the NGA in my second show!
    (Lord willing if God allows me to do this show)
    that is a nice break, john. 1st you are out of a show-then you score a much bigger show. GOD MUST BE SMILING ON YOU!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Yep - done everything under the sun, including training and not training legs, higher reps but still as heavy as I can go so the intensity is still there, shorter and longer recovery periods, different set types, adding in boxing, etc. No matter the weight or rep range, if I train legs at all, they GROW - I'm not sh*tting you. Like I said, more mass would be nice in my arms, but if it doesn't happen, then I'm not going to be too concerned.

Brief hijack over now, John. As you were
    Not a hijack at all I enjoy reading the information.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    that is a nice break, john. 1st you are out of a show-then you score a much bigger show. GOD MUST BE SMILING ON YOU!!!
    I think God is smiling on me =) Thank you Tom. People like you with these comments make my day a brighter place.

Thank you to everyone, each one of you in this log has encouraged me and I appreciate you for this.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

4. September 14th 2010

Nutrition
    300 P
    175 CHO
    25 F

Exercise:legs

Calves Donkey calve raise
    355lbs=6x's
    335lbs=10(stopped short of failure)

seated leg curl
    170lbs=15x's
    200lbs=8x's

Hack squat
    315 or 3 plates per side=8x's (stopped short of failure had at least 10 if not 11)

one leg at a time leg press
    (inner stance)-30lbs per side=10x's
    outer stance-30 lbs per side=10x's

abs
    Captains chair

sleep 7.5 maybe 8 I needed a bit more(hghPro did help a nice bit )

Supplements
    HghPro-4 capsules
    Cycle support 2 scoops
    Stoked-four capsules
    Essentials and joint- three scoops post workout

*I have noticed I am looking even leaner, small changes have happened since the last video I am liking them over two weeks ago.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

5. I wish I could, money isn't in the cards for a show any time soon. I could definitely cut up in time for a show in November though. I am relatively lean but the money isn't there especially to travel for it.

My DMZ log got deleted. I am keeping progress updates here whenever not logging a specific product. KLEEN - The log in between logs....
    KLEEN - The log between logs...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

6. Great workout John!
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)

7. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I think God is smiling on me...
    To be cliche, "When God closes a door, He opens a window." Looks like you got a HUGE sliding-door ranch window, John All the best!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

8. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I wish I could, money isn't in the cards for a show any time soon. I could definitely cut up in time for a show in November though. I am relatively lean but the money isn't there especially to travel for it.

My DMZ log got deleted. I am keeping progress updates here whenever not logging a specific product. KLEEN - The log in between logs....
    I hate traveling for shows...

9. keep working hard john.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

10. Great stuff John, unfortunately living the other side of the pond I won't make the show, but you'll have my support in spirit!!! Gary
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    September 14th 2010

Nutrition
    300 P
    175 CHO
    25 F

Exercise:legs

Calves Donkey calve raise
    355lbs=6x's
    335lbs=10(stopped short of failure)

seated leg curl
    170lbs=15x's
    200lbs=8x's

Hack squat
    315 or 3 plates per side=8x's (stopped short of failure had at least 10 if not 11)

one leg at a time leg press
    (inner stance)-30lbs per side=10x's
    outer stance-30 lbs per side=10x's

abs
    Captains chair

sleep 7.5 maybe 8 I needed a bit more(hghPro did help a nice bit )

Supplements
    HghPro-4 capsules
    Cycle support 2 scoops
    Stoked-four capsules

*I have noticed I am looking even leaner, small changes have happened since the last video I am liking them over two weeks ago.
    Nice work John.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

12. how about posting some updated pics John

13. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I wish I could, money isn't in the cards for a show any time soon. I could definitely cut up in time for a show in November though. I am relatively lean but the money isn't there especially to travel for it.

Maybe well compete in the heavyweights some day and that goes go anyone who wants to compete in the heavies

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Great workout John!
    Thank you Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    To be cliche, "When God closes a door, He opens a window." Looks like you got a HUGE sliding-door ranch window, John All the best!
    Nice Thank you Rosie good to have you in here

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    keep working hard john.
    Thank you Tom

Quote Originally Posted by gwls View Post
    Great stuff John, unfortunately living the other side of the pond I won't make the show, but you'll have my support in spirit!!! Gary
    Thanks Gary

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Nice work John.
    Thank you Don

Quote Originally Posted by v1hyp View Post
    how about posting some updated pics John
    I am doing more videos for progress. I posted one over two weeks ago and will most likely post one in one or two weeks.

Thanks for writing in everyone

14. September 15th 2010

Nutrition
    250 P
    165 CHO
    25 F

Cardio 40 minutes hard interual cardio

Sleep 8 hours

Supplements
    HghPro-4 capsules
    Cycle support 2 scoops
    Stoked-four capsules
    RecoverPro-one scoop pre cardio

15. September 16th 2010

Nutrition
    300P
    225 CHO
    45 F
    2,500 calories

Back, abs ,cardio all in same time period

Nautilus Pullover Machine(pre-exhaust)
    150lbs=12x's

V bar Pull down
    175lbs=9x's( 1 partial)

Neutral grip pull up(body weight-which is 224 lbs I am so happy I lost a pound!)
    9 (plus one partial)

One arm dumb bell row(excellent form first set pausing above hips for 1-2 seconds and good form pausing at top) could have gone much heavier I am about stimulating the muscle
    70lbs=12x's
    100lbs=10x's

Rack Deadlift(at shin)
    340lbs=10x's (easy-stopped short of failure)

one arm cable row
    left side only(testing for my massage therapist) 30lbs=10x's, 60 lbs=11x's(no pain which is good news, last time on this movement it caused pain)

abdominal work-decline knee up to chest+squeeze

cardio 20 minutes high intensity interval cardio

Sleep eight hours and a 30 minute nap

Supplements
    HghPro-4 capsules
    Cycle support 2 scoops
    Stoked-four capsules
    Recoverpro two scoops between meals* remember essentials and joint contain bcaa's as well

16. Hey john, to bad about your orginal show but it looks like things worked out anyway. I saw your video (to far away to see well) but how about posting some still shots so we can see some progress. Which show in Fl are you doing now?

17. Yeah that would be cool to compete with ya. Will take some work for me to step into the heavies though my man. Maybe just meet in the overalls!
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

18. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    September 16th 2010

Nutrition
    300P
    225 CHO
    45 F
    2,500 calories

Back, abs ,cardio all in same time period

Nautilus Pullover Machine(pre-exhaust)
    150lbs=12x's

V bar Pull down
    175lbs=9x's( 1 partial)

Neutral grip pull up(body weight-which is 224 lbs I am so happy I lost a pound!)
    9 (plus one partial)

One arm dumb bell row(excellent form first set pausing above hips for 1-2 seconds and good form pausing at top) could have gone much heavier I am about stimulating the muscle
    70lbs=12x's
    100lbs=10x's

Rack Deadlift(at shin)
    340lbs=10x's (easy-stopped short of failure)

one arm cable row
    left side only(testing for my massage therapist) 30lbs=10x's, 60 lbs=11x's(no pain which is good news, last time on this movement it caused pain)

abdominal work-decline knee up to chest+squeeze

cardio 20 minutes high intensity interval cardio

Sleep eight hours and a 30 minute nap

Supplements
    HghPro-4 capsules
    Cycle support 2 scoops
    Stoked-four capsules
    Recoverpro two scoops between meals* remember essentials and joint contain bcaa's as well
    Good stuff John.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  19. Thumbs up

helluva job john!...keep it up bro!
    board supporter

20. everything looking great John!

question though, your fat intake looks consistancy low. what macro are you trying to hit?

21. Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    everything looking great John!

question though, your fat intake looks consistancy low. what macro are you trying to hit?
    I know he really enjoys the low fat higher carb intake. It really is interesting how so many diets work so differently for different people. I just don't do well on many carbs at all and he is flourishing.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

22. Quote Originally Posted by v1hyp View Post
    Hey john, to bad about your orginal show but it looks like things worked out anyway. I saw your video (to far away to see well) but how about posting some still shots so we can see some progress. Which show in Fl are you doing now?
    Since I started with video progress I'm going to continue it best I can. I am going to get closer next video because your not the first one who pointed out that the video is too far away.I may have to switch video taping locations. Further, I do not have a clear camera.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah that would be cool to compete with ya. Will take some work for me to step into the heavies though my man. Maybe just meet in the overalls!
    nope 190 is considered heavies in the NGA

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Good stuff John.
    Thanks Don. Your the man

Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    helluva job john!...keep it up bro!
    Thank you Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    everything looking great John!

Low as possible. Certain days in the future when fat loss stalls I'll start adding in fish as my protein sources to bring fat even lower when body fat stalls most likely. I do not need it now though, and as long as I am making progress I don't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I know he really enjoys the low fat higher carb intake. It really is interesting how so many diets work so differently for different people. I just don't do well on many carbs at all and he is flourishing.
    I did the zero carb, low carb in the past and I just did not function on it mentally. Some people can do it,I can not and I can do well with carbohydrates, with that said, I still watch my carbs as you see they are usually 150-225 grams. I may have to bring them down even farther if fat loss stalls, time will tell. As of now things are looking good.

its been three weeks since my last video I know I need to get one up soon. Bear with me please

23. September 17th 2010

Nutrition
    360 P
    200 CHO
    35 F
    2,555 calories

Weights (calves, bicep,tricep shoulders, forearms-supersets) and cardio 20 minutes high interval intensity

Seated Calve raises
    45+45=10x's
    45+45+25=10x's(with spotter)

One leg calve raise on leg press machine
    1 plate(per side) 10x's, 7x's, 8-7-7 (rest pauses)

Supersets
    Incline dumb bell curl 30=12x's
    Overhead cable tricep extensions 150lbs=12x's
    Larry Scott standing Laterals 30lbs=12x's

Dumb bell Spider curl(preacher) 30 lbs=9x's
    one arm overhead dumb bell extension 30lbs=12x's (no failure)
    Larry Scott forearms 10+5=15x's

Cardio 20 minutes high intensity interval

Sleep 8 hours

Supplements
    HghPro-4 capsules
    Cycle support 2 scoops
    Stoked-four capsules
    Essentials- 3 scoops post workout

24. September 18th 2010

Nutrition
    300 P
    170 CHO
    55 F

OFF day- ended up doing one hour of lawn mowing

Sleep nine hours(naps during the day included)

Supplements
    Cycle support 2 scoops
    Stoked-four capsules
    HghPro- four capsules pre bed

25. September 19th 2010

Nutrition
    355 Protein
    165 CHO
    30 F

40 minutes hard intensity interval cardio

Sleep ten hours(naps included)

Supplements
    Cycle support 2 scoops
    Stoked-four capsules
    RecoverPro-one scoop pre cardio
  26. Thumbs up

loving that cardio john!...
    board supporter

27. John really does his cardio. It is not easy as it is hard to keep the discipline to keep doing so.

28. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    John really does his cardio. It is not easy as it is hard to keep the discipline to keep doing so.
    I think it's harder to DIET than to train, LOL
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

29. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I think it's harder to DIET than to train, LOL
    You would get no arguement from me on that one.

30. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    You would get no arguement from me on that one.
    I agree with you 100%, The mental aspect of dieting and trying not to cheat for an extended period of time is a lot harder than knocking the weights out.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please welcome Anabolic Innovations 3 sponsored athletes and a contest
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 12:55 AM
  3. Contest for a free Anabolic Innovations product.
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 09:47 PM