Pre Workout Evaluations - Non Sponsored

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Pre Workout Evaluations - Non Sponsored

Hi Guys,

Wanted to give you my unbiased reviews on a lot of the Pre Workout Drinks out there. Evaluations are random and tested over a few week.These are only one mans opinion.

About me,

Former Level 1 competitive Natural Bodybuilder that has been in the game for 20 yrs. 38 yrs old, 5’8” 185 lbs,13-15% BF getting back into the swing of things after rupturing my Achilles Tendon back in Jan that needed Surgery. I have a degree in Nutrition and Exercise Phys from FSU and believe heavily into Supplementation.

I subscribe to the FST-7 principles (usually 2 bodyparts, no more than 1 hr lifting) and do cardio 30-40 minutes 3-4x a week. Generally Cardio Glider and bike as treadmill is off limits for a while.

I am somewhat caffeine sensistive, one cup for Breakfast and either, 2nd cup, fat burner or Pre Workout Drink.

All products were taken 1-2 hrs after a meal and 30-45 minutes prior to workout

Nutrex Hemo Rage
    Nutrex Underground - Hemo-Rage

Flavor – Malicious Melon. One of the best I have tasted
    Mixed – via spoon, no residue
    Dosage ½
    Bodyparts Trained Chest & Shoulders
    Evaluation-.Great amount of energy, nothing over the top but definitely sweated pretty good and was powered fairly well through my cardio. No after crash.

2 days later I decided to take a full dosage, same flavor mixed via spoon. Definitely stupid on my part. I felt like I was on crack (no have never used it) but my hands were tremoring, sweating profusely 10 minutes into my back and bi’s workout, stomach was nauseous, no focus. I did manage to have a decent workout but definitely didn’t feel right.

BPI – 1MR
    https://bpisports.net/store.php?page=1mrp

Flavor – Fruit Punch – decent Flavor
    Mixed – Shaker, no residue
    Dosage – full
    Bodyparts Trained Shoulders/Bi’s
    Evaluation – Good Clean Energy, good sweat, nice overall feeling

Flavor – Lemon Lime, decent flavor, tasted like lemon drop candy
    Mixed Shaker, no residue
    Dosage – full
    Bodyparts trained – Back
    Evaluation – good clean energy, good sweat, nice overall feeling. No aftercrash.

Champion Nutrition – Glypro XTS
    GlyProXTS | Champion Nutrition
    Flavor Acai’ Berry Blast – terrible flavor, bitter
    Mixed – Spoon – had to stir a lot, residue left
    Dosage - full
    Bodyparts Trained – Quads
    Evaluation – not really impressed, hadn’t gotten the lift from some of the others, although it did have 300 mg of Caffeine. One of the worst tasting.

Gaspari Super Pump 250
    SuperPump250 - Pre-Workout Bodbuilding Supplement
    Flavor - Fruit Punch Blast – maybe 6/10, not sure if it is Beta Alanine that gives it chemical like taste or what
    Mixed – Shaker – lil residue
    Dosage – full
    Bodyparts trained – Chest
    Evaluation –I actually felt a little sleepy (sometimes too much caffeine does the opposite and calms me down, I know I’m strange) but once I started lifting I felt energized, started to sweat and overall good feeling. No after-crash

Controlled Labs White Flood
    Controlled Labs
    Flavor – Raspberry – maybe 5/10, again kind of “chemically”
    Mixed – Shaker Lil residue
    Dosage – full
    Bodyparts trained – Quads and Bis
    Evaluation – no caffeine “buzz”, nice clean energy, good sweat and no after-crash feeling.

Double T CreaDyl
    Double-T Sports
    Flavor – Orange Cream – tasted like Orange Sherbert, maybe 6/10
    Mixed – Spoon Stirred – lil residue
    Dosage full
    Bodyparts trained – back
    Evaluation – Never heard of this company before as I was able to pick up a free sample.Nice clean energy, no caffeine buzz but ironically maybe 1 ½ ;ater I did start to get some jitters at my desk

Labrada Super Charge
    Labrada Nutrition SUPER CHARGE! XTREME - Huge Discounts!
    Flavor – Blue Raspberry – very little taste
    Mixed – spoon, heavy residue I just couldn’t get rid of.
    Bodyparts Trained – Chest and Bi’s
    Evaluation – just like Super pump I first was overcome with a sleepy feeling but was able to overcome it but not as easily as SP 250. OK product but definitely lower on my list.

Controlled Labs Green Magnitude
    Controlled Labs
    Flavor Sour Green Apple – maybe 8/10, sour like name says but nice on the palate
    Mixed- Shaker, very well, little if no residue at all
    Bodyparts Trained – Shoulders
    Evaluation – although some may not consider this a PWO but I wanted to give this a try as it has no caffeine and something to take on off days or for later day/night workouts. I was definitely happy with this from overall flavor, nice energy boost and of course no caffeine crash.

Stay Tuned as there is more to come! Other Flavors of Superpump, BSN, DOrian Yates, Panthera and Isatori

Note to Supplement Companies - I would be more than Happy to give honest and unbiased evaluations of your product as well...
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------It's all about the Supp-Talk
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Answers

Good reviews.. The Glypro is probably bitter/sour due to the dicre malate... How did this thread go untouched?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Like the reviews bubba!!
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Answers

i gonna follow
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Hi Guys,

I kind of let this review be as I wasn't getting any views/responses.

Long story short, my 2 favorite are

Superpum 250 (haven't tried Max yet)
    Nutrex Hemorage

This is based on both flavor and overall energy and pump

I generally use these for my lunch time pre workout and use Sizeon for my late afternoons
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Great review. Add APS Mesomorph to the list. Guarantee you will love it.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

SO yesterday found a sample of Dorian Yates NOX Pump that I got from the CT Supershow. I remember talking to the rep there an him saying, this is a great product but the taste is absolutely awful.

Well let me say he was right. Very Chemical tasting..Beta Alanine perhaps. It did disolve nicely in a shaker bottle but was nasty. Took it 45 minutes prior to lifting.

Gave me a nice feeling, smooth buzz and allowed me to out up some nice weight on an always challening leg day. Kept me fueled and focussed. I did feel a crash a few hrs later but it could have been the product, my lack of sleep the night before or the fact that I took a steam that day to clear out the sinus.

If they do improve the flavoring, this might be something I see myself adding to the regime..
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Off the beaten path but wanted to put a quick review of Nutrex Mass Explosion, their "during workout formula". Let me say I have always liked Nutrex as I think they have good products but am on the fence with this as this is my 4/5th time of trying this product.

Taste - no overbearing flavor although it leaves a chalky type residue )it does mix well) but reminds me of the powder they put on the gum in Baseball packs, again probably best description. ENergy levels are decent but in this category, I will always be a Sizeon person.......
  9. Registered User
    Answers

looks like fair reviews. my only disagreement is with hemo rage-i thought it tasted bad, and it is the only product to give me a terrible headache-bad enough that i gave it away, and i never do that, lol.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

So was cleaing out the closet and found a few samples of Isatori Morph Megadrive
    Flavor - Spiked Fruit Punch

Mixability - very good, spoon mixed in 16 ozs of water.

Bodyparts trained - Chest

Taste - 7/8 out of 10

Let me say that I have been lifting first thing in the morning, 20-30 minutes cardio and workout directly afterwards. I cannot train on an empty stomach so I tried this and was very pleased. Nice clean energy with some light carbs and protein.

The one big thing I noticed was no crash (although I dosed 1/2 the package)

This may be my new favorite Pre Workout...only thing is it seems kind of pricey at $40 for 30 servings but definitely a thumbs up from me.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Went to the Hartford show and picked up some new treats:

GAT
    Nitraflex
    http://www.teamgat.com/nitraflex.php
    Flavor – Green Apple - very mild, not best tasting, maybe 4/10
    Mixed - shaker bottle with wire ball - blended nicely
    Dosage – full
    Bodyparts trained – Shoulders
    Evaluation – no caffeine “buzz”, nice clean energy, no real pump but none of these really give me a pump. My gut is because I am ofseason ;D and at about 15%BF

Not a bad product, need to work on the flavoring.....
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Tried a Sample of NO Explode today (Watermelon)

Mixed in a Shaker (wisk ball) bottle

Mixed well, not residue or clumps but was interesting as it had a carbinated/seltzery type taste.

Waited 30 minutes and off to shoulders I went.

Here we are 1 hour later and I am tingly and itchy, not sure if this is a "niacin flush" or something else but right now want to itch profusely......

Not sure if I will be using this again!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Beast - Beast Mode http://www.beastsports.com/beast-mode.html
    Taste - 6/10, fruit punch flavor, palatable but kind of "chemical-ish"
    Mixability - very easy with spoon, no residual or grit

Taken approxamately 30 minutes prior to chest workout, last meal 90 minutes prior.

Nice feeling, clean energy although I do get a Niacin type flush, I get an itchy sensation around my ears, not sure if is the niacin or something else.

This is the 2nd time I have used it and both times got this itchy sensation. Not a deal killer or anything and would probably use this again.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Beta Alanine is giving you the tingles bubba
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  15. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    Evaluation –I actually felt a little sleepy (sometimes too much caffeine does the opposite and calms me down, I know I’m strange) .[/B]
    Same!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Formutech Volatile – I give this an overall 4/5. On my first review I mentioned there was a “chemical-ness flavor” but after multiple uses I have to say this is no longer noticeable. Could be my very first use was with a spoon so perhaps something didn’t dissolve right. After this I used a shaker with a whisk ball in it.
    Pro’s – Nice clean energy, no crashes, good flavoring
    Con’s – there is creatine in this product. Unfortunately how much is not stated so my tolerance was 1 scoop, not because of caffeine but rather creatine. My body saturates very quickly with creatine so days I dosed 2 scoops I would get bad stomach cramps leading to bad gas. For the most part this dissipated within hours but it was hard to blame the gas on the dog when I work out in the basement and the dog is on the first floor.
    Summary – I have used a lot of PWO’s, with/out creatine, with/out caffeine but I can honestly and truthfully say I was very happy with the product. Did I get any monstrous pumps? No but to this day I have never gotten “skin tightening pumps”. Could be because my BF is in the teens but I don’t believe this product has been advertised to have your veins coming out of your forearms.
    Would I use it again?? Definitely!!!. This may just be my new favorite!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by double s
    Formutech Volatile - I give this an overall 4/5. On my first review I mentioned there was a "chemical-ness flavor" but after multiple uses I have to say this is no longer noticeable. Could be my very first use was with a spoon so perhaps something didn't dissolve right. After this I used a shaker with a whisk ball in it.
    Pro's - Nice clean energy, no crashes, good flavoring
    Con's - there is creatine in this product. Unfortunately how much is not stated so my tolerance was 1 scoop, not because of caffeine but rather creatine. My body saturates very quickly with creatine so days I dosed 2 scoops I would get bad stomach cramps leading to bad gas. For the most part this dissipated within hours but it was hard to blame the gas on the dog when I work out in the basement and the dog is on the first floor.
    Summary - I have used a lot of PWO's, with/out creatine, with/out caffeine but I can honestly and truthfully say I was very happy with the product. Did I get any monstrous pumps? No but to this day I have never gotten "skin tightening pumps". Could be because my BF is in the teens but I don't believe this product has been advertised to have your veins coming out of your forearms.
    Would I use it again?? Definitely!!!. This may just be my new favorite!
    Thanks for the solid review!
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

NLA Supp-D

http://www.nlaperformance.com/produc...pp-d?picture=8

Taste - 2/5; sorry to be blunt but this was pretty nasty; mixed it with a spoon and when I got to the bottom had a clump of sediment hit me and was not good. With soo many flavoring systems out there, I find it hard to believe there was nothing better.

Waited 30 minutes then off to chest.

Energy was ok, nothing earth shaking. Here I am 2 hours later and not feeling right, head a little cloudy and a little off. My gut is too much Caffeine for me. Unfortunately this is another company that lists a "blend" instead of breaking down the Caffeine content, one of my huge peeves.

Unfortunately this is a product I will be passing on.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

PowerMax by Performax Labs

http://performaxlabs.com/products/

Recevied a sample packet which equals 2 servings, I used half the packet as I am somewhat caffeine sensitive

Taste - 6/10, fruit punch flavor, palatable but taste like an old school luden's cough drop

Mixability - no residual or grit but I now mix everything whith a whisk shaker ball.

Taken approxamately 30 minutes prior to leg workout, last meal 90 minutes prior.

I generally know when a PWO is kicking in either by the Beta alanine tingle or a little head rush from the Caffeine but with this product I felt nothing at the 30 minute mark; not sure if this is good or bad so I decided to start lifting.

So I had a good lift, 10 sets of squats with leg extensions, didn't seem to tire at all and weights moved continuously up.No follow up crash either.

Update - so today (1/22) I decided to take a full packet; 2 servings. 30 minutes later I didn't feel anything so decided to do 20 mins of Cardio folowed by shoulders. Felt a nice energy about the product but about 1 1/2 hrs later the caffeine seemed to kick in. Heart was beating hard but luckily my head wasn't.

Aside from the taste not a bad product.

Name:  powermax.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  62.7 KB
    Last edited by double s; 01-22-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: 2nd trial
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I used the full packet(2 servings) and was not impressed. I am pretty stim tolerant right now though. Lol
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Yea its def. not a high stim product. We wanted to create something that gave enough energy to get through your workout but didnt stim the user out. Our main focus was increasing performance as you can tell by the tag line, PowerMax: Stop tweaking and start Performing.

Most users will enjoy 2 scoops the most and your really stimulant tolerant users most likely wont get enough energy, its definitely not like a Maximize Intesne, its more comparable to like a White Flood or ErgoPump!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Definitely not your Mr. Hyde w/ 400+ mg of caffeine and other stims. Users seem to be drawn to it's similarities between a White Flood + Hemavol, much of the smooth energy of White Flood, while delivering more pronounced vascularity and endurance with a similar Hemavol ingredient profile.Different strokes for different folks I guess? I look for pumps and focus, less so a stim high, if you will.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Lecheek Nutrition is one of my latest.

Speed X3, Flavor, raspberry Lemonade.

Recevied a 2 sample packet and used it over the last 2 days.

Taste - 4/5. I have used other lemonade flavored product with Strawberry, Raspberry etc but was not happy with the flavoring as they tasted artificial. I actually liked this batch

Mixability -5/5 12 oz in a wire whisk shaker bottle, no clumps/residue

Energy 5/5 - I like the fact tthat one scoop did not over stim me and I also liked a thermogenic feel I got. Could be that I was working legs and generally "overheat".

Crash - no issues

Price- priced well amongst competitors

Would I use this again - I definitely would.

Only negative I have is many companies offer free packet samples which contain 2 servings. I love this but it is always hard to evenly dose them, how about a seam in the middle of the packet where each serving is properly
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:10 PM
  2. Replies: 482
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 04:26 AM
  3. ♦Peri-Workout Propulsion (Sponsored)
    By Resolve in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 02:24 PM